作者 主题: 【StS】深入脑崩溃 stolen soul p11-p18  (阅读 6327 次)

副标题: 翻译:薛猫 校对:Pany_Q

离线 NewAlbionDrone

• Knight
  • 帖子数: 590
  • 苹果币: 3
  • Vive la Monad!
【StS】深入脑崩溃 stolen soul p11-p18
« 于: 2017-10-21, 周六 11:02:44 »
时间线:2075

深入脑崩溃
发帖人:BUTCH
脑崩溃,他们如此称呼。你知道有时文件或程序会崩溃,而你试图复原时会出现你从来没放进去的东西,比如乱码、奇怪的代码或者别的什么。人们的大脑也会发生类似的事情。官方的技术人员和医学人员给出了“认知碎片化障碍”(Cognitive Fragmentation Disorder)这一称呼——简称为CFD。它和心理学家所说的分离性身份识别障碍——以前也叫多重人格障碍,那时他们还搞不清这玩意——有些相似。尽管赋予名字能确保我们谈论的是同一个东西,给它命名并非代表我们理解了它的本质、它的原因以及关于它的任何方面。我们只是知道它存在,且需要解决。
从我们能够追踪到的记录来看,CFD的蔓延类似强传染性病毒,因而人们把它叫做“CFD病毒”。需要知道的是,“病毒”并不是一个科学而准确的说法,CFD不是生物实体,但它的感染模式与病毒足够相似。本报告后一部分将解释现时对CFD病毒的认识,但我希望先定下基调。我已离开专业医疗领域太久,我写出的东西根本无法发表,甚至连给合法医生看都不够格,我只能用你们能消化的方式解释这件事。仔细阅读。
>嘿Butch,我刚听完我派去跟着你的人汇报。你确定你没事?他们的报告不太妙。
>Turbo Bunny
>我还好,但读完这个之后,你可能再也不会相信这么对你说的人了。我在冒险,说真的我有点担心我后面有尾巴。
>Butch
剧透 -   :
PLUNGING INTO  A HEAD CRASH
POSTED BY: BUTCH
Head crash. That’s what they’re calling it. You know how sometimes a file or program crashes, and when you try to recover it there are things written there that you never put in, gibberish and weird code and other things? Something like that is happening to people’s brains. The official name that technical and medical types are giving it is “Cognitive Fragmentation Disorder”—CFD for short. It’s got some similarity to what shrinks call dissociative identity disorder, which they called multiple personality disorder before they got a better handle on what they were dealing with. But let me make this clear: Even though having a name is important since it helps ensure we’re talking about the same thing, naming something doesn’t mean we understand what it is we’re talking about, what’s causing it, or anything else. We just know there’s something out there, and we need to deal with it.
From what we can track, the spread of CFD resembles that of an aggressive virus, so people are talking about the “CFD virus.” It’s understood “virus” is not a scientifically accurate term, since CFD does not seem to be a biological entity, but the infection patterns are close enough to viral for the name to work. The current understanding of what the CFD virus is will be explained in more detail later in this report, but I want to lay out some ground work for now. I’m too far gone from the professional doc scene to ever get published or even read by most legit doctors, so I’ll give this thing to you in a form you can digest. Chew away.
>Hey Butch, I just heard back from that team I had on your trail. You sure you’re okay? They gave a rather disturbing report.
> Turbo Bunny
> I’m fine. Though, after reading this, you might never believe anyone who says that to you again. I’ve been pushing hard and honestly I’m a bit worried I’ve got bandits on my tail.
> Butch

我们之前都见过脑崩溃。病毒带走了我们的朋友。一月,快杰克走向了夕阳,之后我就再也没见过他的影子。他是CFD的受害者。可能也是最早的受害者之一,但根据我的发现,这或许只是一种可能。我听说其他人在寻找“零号病人”,可我认为这不会帮助我们了解这种病毒。但每个人都可以追寻自己的幻影。

>计划9(Plan 9)和莱瑟(Riser)最后的消息是什么?
>NetCat
>我们通知了吸烟者俱乐部 *莱瑟很危险,他们没能控制住他。他还在外逃。计划9看起来……好吧,不受控制,但还能尽可能降低碎片化带来的损伤。他会非正式回归。之后再谈他的事情。
>Bull
(*吸烟者俱乐部是莱瑟组建的杀手组织,注释by Bellicosa )
剧透 -   :
We have all seen a head crash before. The virus took our friend. I’ve seen neither hide nor hair of FastJack since January when he walked off into the sunset. He was a victim of CFD. Likely, one of the earliest, but from what I’ve discovered that’s probably a moot point. Though I have heard others seek Patient Zero, I believe that road does not hold the answer to this virus. But we all chase our own ghosts.
> What’s the latest on Plan 9 and Riser?
> Netcat
> We informed the Smokers’ Club of Riser’s risk. They’ve been unable to neutralize him. He’s still at large. Plan 9 seems to be … well, not under control, but able to minimize the damage the fragmentation causes. He’s back in on a probationary basis. More about him later.
> Bull

我们都读了Lanier的报告(谢谢Bull,你非常勇敢,报告的价值是顶级的)还有快杰克的记录(谢谢Clockwork,虽然我还是鄙视他,不过数据是无价的),对CFD有了基本的了解。之后我大部分时间都在研究这种病毒。快杰克离开之前给了我最后一个请求:别再管这件事了。他让我销毁手里所有从我的病人那得来的非正常行为模式记录,并且停止研究。他警告我那很危险,可能会让我也被感染,他说得像是为了我好,但根本不是。该死,我甚至觉得那不是杰克在说话。我拿命担保(我确实已经这么干了)那是SEARCH,那个偷走他身体的AI。我认为这确认了我的研究方向是对的。我之后继续研究。
这份报告为了你的,快杰克,也是我用我的左獠牙给假杰克狠咬一口。
>Butch
>我承认杰克离开后,我尝试监视他。但他依然是最擅长躲藏的,我得说我很高兴他避开了我。杰克一定还在抵抗。
>Bull
>抱歉Bull,但可能不是这回事。读下去。
>Butch
>给老兽人留点希望吧。
>Bull
剧透 -   :
We all saw Lanier’s report (thank you Bull, that was brave and paid off in spades) and FastJack’s records (thanks to Clockwork, I still loathe him, but the data was priceless) and have thus been introduced to the basics of CFD. Since then I have been focusing the vast majority of my time to learning about the virus. FastJack gave me one last request before he left, and that was to leave it be. He asked that I destroy anything I already had on abnormal behavior patterns in my patients and to stop digging into the cause. He warned that it was dangerous and might result in me being infected and made it all sound like it was for my benefit, but it wasn’t. Hell, I don’t even think it was ’Jack who asked. I’d bet my life (something I have in fact done) it was SEARCH, the AI stealing his body, and I took that as a sign we were looking in the right direction. And I ran with it.
This report is for you FastJack, and it’s a big ol’ bite my left tusk to FauxJack.
> I’ll admit I tried to keep an eye on ’Jack after he stepped away. He’s still one of the best and I’m happy to say he lost me, so ol’ Jack must still be fighting the good fight.
> Bull
> Sorry to say it Bull, but that may not be the case. Read on.
> Butch
> Leave an old ork his hope.
> Bull

CFD的运作方式
CFD病毒是一种能够影响生物有机体、高级电子系统甚至纳米材料的非生物病毒体,但对不同对象有明显不同的效果。被害者的后果都不太令人愉快,要么失去身体,要么纳米技术系统完全失效,要么被建筑物砸在脑袋上。鉴于我是个医生,那些更深入的有关纳米材料失效的内容就交给别人吧。这不是我的强项。
在有机宿主体内,病毒会利用“被感染的”纳米体重写脑部,并烙印上新的人格取代旧人格。感染进程从几小时到几个月,还可能耗上几年,但我的研究里还没有这样长的时间(毕竟这种情况直到一年前才被确认)。随着病情发展,病毒的作用会导致不同程度的人格分裂,或者多重人格分裂。
剧透 -   :
HOW CFD WORKS
The CFD virus is a non-biological viral entity that affects biological organisms, advanced electronic systems, and even nanofabricated materials, though the effects on each are significantly different. No case turns out particularly pleasant for the victim, whether it be a loss of their body, a complete failure of their nanotech systems, or a building falling on their head. Since I’m a doc, I’m leaving any in-depth stuff about nanofabrication failures to someone else. Not my forte.
In an organic host, the virus utilizes “infected” nanites to rewrite portions of the brain in an effort to imprint a new personality in place of the original. This process varies in length from a few hours to months, and could potentially take years, though my studies have not extended out to that length yet (since the condition was only identified within the past year). The effects of the virus also vary in the severity of the personality schism, or schisms, that the victim suffers as the condition advances.

生物系统
根据我的观察以及我能获取的观察记录,以下是CFD在生物体上的一般感染进程。

初期感染:感染通过与任何数量的被感染纳米体接触发生。(随后我会讨论一些有个病毒源头的未证实理论。)初始的被感染纳米体的数量和实验体本身含有的纳米体,通常能够决定随后病情发展的速度和严重性。
剧透 -   :
BIOLOGICAL SYSTEMS
Based on my observations, and observation records I’ve accessed, this is the normal biological progression of CFD:
Initial Infection: This occurs through contact with any volume of infected nanites. (I’ll discuss some unconfirmed theories of viral origin later.) The initial volume of infected nanites, combined with the presence of nanites already in the subject, often determines the onset speed and severity of the subsequent lapse events.

阶段1:初期感染后,实验体开始头痛。大部分案例里,头痛的程度足以让被感染者无法行动。该阶段还伴随其它症状,例如记忆出错、短期记忆丧失、运动神经失调、极端情绪、极度焦躁以及强烈的感官过度敏感。
剧透 -   :
Stage 1: Following Initial Infection, the subject begins to suffer headaches. In most cases, the headaches are severe enough to debilitate the subjects. This stage is also accompanied by other symptoms, such as memory faulting, short-term memory loss, motor control problems, extreme emotional states, heightened agitation, and acute sensory hypersensitivity.
阶段2:我将这一阶段称为“碎片化阶段”。实验体表示出现意识丧失、记忆中断、幻觉和极度疲劳。观察显示实验体在意识丧失和“睡眠”期间依旧保持或能进入警觉状态,此时逐渐生成的人格正在完全掠夺躯体控制权的进程上作出最初的尝试。生成中的人格碎片(personality fragments,PFs)的所采取的行动之间差别很大。有些PF非常警觉、清醒,喜欢交流,而其它的则像野生动物。大部分观察到的PF都对实验体抱有敌视、争斗、恶意的态度。后者会给实验体留下嘲讽信息和线索。我最初认为这种行为只是幼稚而恶毒,但我在试验中发现,实验体遭到此类对待后会更快落入病毒的控制。失眠也会加快病情发展。在此阶段,PF和实验体均无法回忆起对方的行动,但PF会在危及生命的状况下突然夺取控制权。此阶段还会出现多个PF存在于一个实验体的情况。在这个阶段中,多个PF既会推进也会妨碍病情的发展,每个PF都互相对抗,同时也都在对抗实验体。阶段1的症状通常在该阶段内逐渐消退,但有时会持续整个阶段。
剧透 -   :
Stage 2: This is what I have come to call the Fragmentation Phase. Subjects describe suffering blackouts, memory lapses, hallucinations, and severe exhaustion. Observations reveal subjects remain or become alert during blackouts and “sleep” hours as the emerging personality makes the first forays into full control. The actions of the emergent personality fragments (PFs) vary in the extreme. Some PFs are alert, aware, and communicative, while others are feral and animalistic. The greatest observed quantity of PFs are oppositional, argumentative, and malicious to the subject. This last group will often leave clues and taunting massages for the subject to locate. While I initially thought this was a primarily childish and vicious act, I found in my testing that subjects treated in such a manner fell victim to the virus at a greater rate. The psychological torment of the actions somehow weakened the will of the subject and allowed the PF to fully emerge at a faster rate. The sleep deprivation also increases the rate at which the subject succumbs to the virus. PFs and subjects both fail to recall the actions of one another during this stage, however the PF will usurp control suddenly in life-threatening situations. The presence of multiple PFs within a single subject also becomes apparent during this stage. The presence of multiple PFs can both benefit and hinder the progression of the condition as PFs are often antagonistic to one another as well as the subject during this stage. The symptoms of Stage 1 often subside during this stage but do occasionally continue throughout this stage.   

阶段3:这是这种疾病的关键阶段。实验体开始发展出分离性身份识别障碍的所有症状。该阶段内,实验体和PF都完全显现。当PF掌握控制权时,实验体通常会继续记忆空缺。PF的行为界定了这个阶段,他们能意识到所有活动。即使在同一个实验体内存在多个PF的情况下,各PF也普遍拥有这种意识。在这一阶段,实验体经常变得沮丧、消沉,他们感到自己正在失去思想和躯体的控制权。
阶段4:这是最后阶段,实验体的人格全面败退,全部时间由PF控制。
在此阶段,我测试了大量方法让基础人格重新显现,但都没有成功。
剧透 -   :
Stage 3: This is the defining stage of this illness. Subjects begin to fully develop all symptoms of dissociative identity disorder. During this stage the subject and PF both display fully. Subjects often continue to have lapses in memory while the PF is in control. PFs define this stage by a full awareness of all activities. This awareness is universal even across different emerging PFs in the same subject. Subjects often become despondent and depressed during this stage, as they feel they are losing control of their minds and bodies.
Stage 4: This is the final stage and results in the full subjugation of the subject’s personality and full-time control by the PF.
At this time I have extensively tested methods to return the base subject personality to the surface with no success.

电子系统
电子系统里的CFD纳米体会导致宿主系统纳米体的程序故障。无论原纳米体的程序功能是什么,CFD纳米体都会“感染”系统内所有纳米体,并对其重新编程。生物体内的纳米体也同样。向任何实验体内注入的的所有类型的纳米体,无论电子型或生物型,都会被已感染的纳米体重新编程。包括设定为摧毁感染体的猎杀者纳米体。
剧透 -   :
ELECTRONIC SYSTEMS
In electronic systems the CFD nanites cause malfunctions in the programming of the host system’s nanites. No matter what the programmed function of the nanites, the CFD nanites “infect” and repurpose all nanites in the system. This is also true of nanites in biological subjects. All varieties of nanites introduced into any subject, whether electronic or biological, are repurposed by the infected nanites. This has included hunter-killer nanites programmed to destroy the infected.
病毒纳米体侵入机械内后导致的结果差异很大,取决于纳米体与被感染系统基本功能的关联程度。例如 ,Armamentos Murreta Firehawk重型手枪内的自动修复清洁系统刚开始只会清洁功能失灵,但启动修复功能后,修复纳米体进一步受到损伤,最终导致武器失效。
剧透 -   :
The resulting effect of viral nanite presence in a machine can vary greatly, depending on how integral nanites are to the basic functions of the infected system.
For example, the auto-repair and cleaning system located in the Armamentos Murreta Firehawk heavy pistol simply fails to clean the weapon properly at frst, but when the repair feature is activated the repair nanites suffer further damage, leading to eventual weapon failure.
对不可编程纳米机(nanofax)来说这会是灾难性的失效,但侵入的PF可以利用数量众多的纳米体处理器重塑和表达自我。通过这种方式被感染的不可编程纳米机能够生成任何数量的物体。非直接报告显示这些装置曾尝试利用有机物库存为PF制造生体宿主。根据这些报告,这些尝试只产生了恶心而让人反胃的产物,没有一个成功。
剧透 -   :
For nanofaxes this is a catastrophic failure scenario, but the imprinted PFs can take advantage of the massive quantity of nanite processors available to reform and express. Nanofaxes infected in this manner will generate any number of objects. Second-hand reports indicate devices that have attempted to utilize organic stock to generate an organic host for the PF. According to these reports, none of these attempts have succeeded but all have had gruesome and unpleasant results.
病毒在电子宿主内并不按阶段发展。它的表达呈间断性并且难以预料,会无规律地占领子系统。我的观察中唯一确定的是非生物宿主内的病毒会保持毒性。这会带来真正的危险,PF会不断尝试感染周围的有机体。
剧透 -   :
The virus does not progress through stages when taking over electronic hosts; it expresses sporadically and unpredictably, taking over subsystems in no apparent order. The only constant I’ve observed is the continued virulence of the nanites in an inorganic host. This is a real danger in that the PF continually attempts to infect organic beings around it.
纳米材料结构中还发生了生物实验体和非生物实验体的交叉感染。通过纳米工程技术制造的结构会在材料中留下纳米体。当含有被感染纳米体的血液与结构材料表面接触时,被感染纳米体会将CFD病毒传给材料内部的纳米体。纳米体被激活后会导致结构劣化,最终无可避免地造成纳米材料失效。
剧透 -   :
Cross contamination of biological and non-biological subjects also occurs with nanofabricated structures. Structures produced through nano-engineering techniques leave nanites within the structural material. When blood containing infected nanites makes contact with the surface of the structural material, the infected nanites spread the CFD virus to the nanites within. This results in nanite activation leading to structural degradation; eventual failure of the nano-engineered material is inevitable.
实验结果简述
我只有几个月的时间研究这些东西,尽管这时间在街上算是长,但对科学研究计划来说算不上什么。我使用了不少快捷但不干净的技术。有些实验我省去了控制组并且限制了环境。我首先给出所有已确认事件和特征,即那些每次试验都会发生、有接近100%重复率的内容。其余是我一些稍欠科学的发现,很大一部分是基于单一实验体。我还进行了以一些社会调查,同样不是很科学,但能帮助我们从自然外部环境的角度了解病毒的作用。
剧透 -   :
TEST RESULT BRIEFS
I’ve only had a few months to look into this and though that’s a long time on the street it is nothing in a scientifc research program. A lot of my techniques have been quick and dirty; for a few I have skimped on the control group and limiting the environment. What I gave you at frst is all the confrmed events or characteristics. Things that occurred every time I did a test with near 100 percent repetitive success. Those results are my less scientifc discoveries and quite a few are based on single subjects. I’ve done some social investigating as well. Again, not very scientifc, but it helps convey the effects of the virus from a natural external standpoint.
未殖装宿主
CFD病毒对所有个体都有传染性,但体内的纳米体越靠近内部,风险也越大。未殖装实验体能够被大部分实验纳米媒介分布类型感染。未殖装宿主无法被接触式感染,除非直接将“干净”的纳米体注入实验体内。“干净”纳米体很难辨别,我还未能发现甄别出纳米体群体中的病毒的方法。发病几率也不同。H. sapiens pumilionis(矮人)实验体的发病出现了明显延迟,而H. sapiens ingentis (巨魔)则发病更快。
剧透 -   :
NANITES ON A NON-AUGMENTED HOST
The CFD virus is universally contagious, though the closer you are to having nanites inside of you, the greater your risk. Non-augmented subjects are infected through most tested vectors of nanite distribution. Non-augmented hosts fail infection through proximity vector unless “clean” nanites are injected into the subjects system. “Clean” nanites are difficult to verify, as I have yet to discover a way to detect the virus within the nanite population. Onset rates vary. H. sapiens pumilionis (dwarf) subjects display a statistically significant delay in onset effects, while H. sapiens ingentis (trolls) display more rapid onset rates.
觉醒宿主
CFD病毒的所有实验病媒都有传染性。用于测试的觉醒实验体数量有限,因此测试所有泛物种的实验病毒媒介媒是不可能的。大部分实验体都显示了较慢的发病率,唯一的例外是一个接受了重建生物稳定性基因疗法的实验体。四个实验体中,两个在感染后保持了魔法能力,其中一个是接受了基因疗法的。
剧透 -   :
NANITES ON AN AWAKENED HOST
The CFD virus is universally contagious across all tested vectors. Awakened subjects were in limited supply for testing purposes so testing of all vectors across metaspecies was not possible. Most subjects displayed slower onset rates with the singular exception of a subject who had undergone a gene treatment for bio-stability rehabilitation. Of four tested subjects, two were able to retain arcane abilities post infection, one of which was the gene-treated subject.
电子脑动(ELECTROKINETIC-EK)*宿主
CFD病毒的所有实验病媒都有传染性。EK实验体显示出更强的抗性,发作时间延迟,但也出现了唯一一例生物性致命感染的例子。实验体的抵抗导致了致命的中枢神经系统过载。EK实验体对感染有更高认知,并且能够在感染过程中与他们的PF交流,通常是内心对话的形式。这个情况可能只是幻觉,但实验体在这些阶段看起来是清醒的。
(*即超链者的学名)
剧透 -   :
NANITES ON AN ELECTROKINETIC (EK) HOST
The CFD virus is universally contagious across all tested vectors. EK subjects displayed an enhanced resistance and delayed onset but also displayed the only biologically fatal case of infection. Subjects’ resistance led to fatal over-stressing of the central nervous system. EK subjects displayed a higher awareness of and ability to communicate with their PFs throughout the process, often through internal dialogue. This state could have simply been hallucinatory, but subjects appeared lucid during these periods.
动物和超生物
CFD病毒的所有实验病媒都有传染性,但在非哺乳类和小型哺乳类体内的活性受限。大型(大于或等于浣熊)哺乳类实验体在感染后展示出明显的智力提升,包括书写和口头交流技能,但受到身体结构的限制。超动物同样出现类似的智力提升,其中81%的实验体在感染后保持了超能力。
对以下普通动物类型进行了实验:若干只老鼠、若干只浣熊、八种不同大小的犬类、一匹马、一只短吻鳄、若干只猫、若干只兔子、七种鸟类、六种不同大小的爬行类和五种鱼。觉醒动物包括若干犬魔、地狱犬、鸡蛇兽、 觉醒负鼠、 食人猴和一只黑阿尼丝。
剧透 -   :
NANITES ON ANIMALS AND PARACRITTERS
The CFD virus is universally contagious across all tested vectors but has limited viability in non-mammalian and small mammalian species. Larger (raccoon-sized and greater) mammalian subjects displayed marked increases in intelligence post infection, including written and oral communication skills limited only by physical anatomy. Paranimals displayed similar intelligence increases, and eighty-one percent of the test subjects retained their paranormal abilities post infection.
Testing of mundane species was performed on rats, raccoons, eight breeds of canines of various sizes, a horse, an alligator, cats, rabbits, seven species of birds, six species of reptilians of varying sizes, and fve species of fsh. Awakened species consisted of barghests, hell hounds, cockatrices, novopossums, agropelters, and a black annis.
剧透 -   :
>我给你拉的那支抓地狱犬的队伍完成任务了吗?他们是去抓其中一只实验体?
>Fianchetto
>他们干得很好。那是可能的实验体。他们之后还帮我干了点活,我还得给你再付点。最近在忙,手头有点紧。
>Butch
>留着吧,当作捐给你的研究。
>Fianchetto
不同赛博改造等级的宿主
CFD病毒对所有实验病媒都有传染性,包括利用非接触式无线通讯感染内部含有纳米体的实验体。测试了所有殖装类型的实验体。结果按照殖装类型如下:
仅头部设备:实验体头痛症状较少,平均发病时间与一般无异,也没有其它的明显差异。
反射和躯体设备:20%的实验体出现类癫痫症状。根据系统侵入性程度的不同,平均发病时间有所增加。
纳米技术:实验体的发病时间明显提前,失去控制的时间段增加。实验体的所有纳米体都被CFD病毒感染。
基因技术:实验体的发病时间最快,并且降低过生物完整性并且经过基因改造的实验体感染的过程比同组其它实验体更快。
剧透 -   :
NANITES ON VARYING LEVELS OF CYBER HOST
The CFD virus is universally contagious across all tested vectors including non-contact wifi transmittal to subjects with internal nanite populations. Subjects in all categories of augmentation were tested. Results areseparated by general category:
Headware only: Subjects displayed fewer headache symptoms, no alteration in general onset time, and no other signifcant variations.
Reflex and bodyware: Seizure-like symptoms occurred in twenty percent of the subjects. General onset time was increased based on the invasiveness of the systems.
Nanotech: Subjects had a signifcant reduction in onset time and increased number of control loss episodes. Entire nanite population of the subject became infected with the CFD virus.
Genetech: Subjects displayed the highest rate of onset time across the board, and subjects with decreased bio-integrity and genetic modifcations showed the fastest rate of viral progression for any test group.
感染重写:头脑之争
感染某个已经脑崩溃的个体时会发生什么?(街头流行的称呼,“脑病患”,对我来说有点太儿戏。缺乏对CFD危险性的敬畏。)就让我自我满足一下吧。CFD纳米体会尝试重新接触到的任何大脑,哪怕这个大脑已近被重写过一次(或两次)。入侵的纳米体开始置换过程时,原本占据的CFD纳米体会反击。我还没有找出一种安全的方法来评估纳米体重新编程敌对纳米体的能力是如何工作的,但最后还是数量问题。并不是确定的数字(不同个体有差异),但注入的纳米体数量和实验体是否被重写有直接关系。
剧透 -   :
INFECTING THE OVERWRITTEN: BATTLE FOR THE MIND
What happens when you infect someone who has already had a head crash? (Calling them “head cases,” which is the current street slang, is a bit too glib for my taste. Indicates a lack of respect for just how dangerous CFD can be.) A little bit of self-satisfaction. The CFD nanites attempt to overwrite any brain they come into contact with, even if the brain has already been overwritten once (or twice) before. When the invading nanites begin the alteration process, the CFD nanites already in possession fight back. I haven’t devised a safe way to assess how the ability to repurpose opposing nanites plays out in this war, but in the end it comes down to numbers. Not a hard number (it varies with individuals), but there’s a direct link between how many nanites are injected and whether or not the subject gets overwritten.
若纳米体编码相同则不会发生冲突。例如,实验体A和实验体B有不同的纳米体种群。将A的纳米体注入B会发生新感染。如果B被新的纳米体重写,再将这些转变后的纳米体注入A不会产生任何效果;纳米体能相互识别。如果B自身的纳米体干掉了试图感染B的纳米体,再将入侵的纳米体重新注入A体内,A不会有不良反应。如果B的纳米体清除了入侵者,再将B的纳米体注入A体内,则重写模式和速率不会改变;B的纳米体不能从防御过程学到任何信息。即是说,至少现在,无法通过传统手段研究出CFD疫苗。
剧透 -   :
There’s no conflict if the nanites have the same coding. For example, if Subjects A and B have different populations, injecting nanites from Subject A into Subject B triggers a new infection. If Subject B is overwritten by the new nanites, injecting these converted nanites into Subject A has no effect; the nanites recognize each other. If Subject B’s nanites wipe out the invaders used to infect Subject B and are then reintroduced into Subject A, Subject A suffers no ill effect. If Subject B’s nanites wipe out the invaders and are then injected into Subject A, there is no change in the rate or pattern of overwriting; they didn’t learn anything defending Subject B. In other words, right now at least, there’s no way to develop a CFD vaccine through traditional methods.
感染已感染体:无魂可窃
我只在两个HMHVV感染体上进行测试,都是受控环境。感染体实验体α是一名人类吸血鬼,感染了基础HMHVV病毒。变成气体形态后,实验体立刻抵抗住了纳米体入侵。测试后实验体恢复原型,使用魔法辅助措施阻止实验体化为气体形态后,纳米体得以进入实验体内。经过两周暴露,实验体α没有显示出感染CFD的迹象。
实验体β是一名感染了Krieger型HMHVV病毒的个体。该食尸鬼对纳米体注入没有即时反应,并且CFD未能成功感染。
>你把一只吸血鬼关了两星期。你疯了吗?你有没喂它?
>Slamm-0
>是。
>Butch
剧透 -   :
INFECTING THE INFECTED: NO SOUL TO STEAL
I have only managed to run two tests on Infected individuals, both in a controlled environment. Infected Subject Alpha was a human vampire infected with the basic strain of HMHVV. The subject was immediately resistant to nanite infltration when the subject assumed gaseous form. After the test subject reformed and the gaseous form was inhibited by an arcane assistant the nanites were allowed to enter the subjects system. After two weeks of exposure Subject Alpha showed no sign of CFD.
Subject Beta was an Infected suffering from the Krieger strain of HMHVV. The ghoul had no immediate reaction to the application of the nanite culture and the CFD infection failed to take hold.
> You kept a vamp penned up for two weeks. Are you crazy? Did you feed it?
> Slamm-0!
> Yes.
> Butch
实验体α和实验体β都与二次测试实验体接触。实验体α吸食了他的受害者但没有将其杀害。“干净”的受害者离开了收容设施进入了“野外”实验体池。
吸血鬼受害者没有被吸血鬼病毒感染的迹象,但感染了CFD。
>我得继续看下去。或者不该看下去。
>Slamm-0
实验体β-1被食尸鬼咬伤并且显示出有趣的病毒占据行为。实验体β-1进入了两种病毒的初期感染阶段并且病情发展迅速。她显示出了Krieger转变阶段的痛苦,同时还时不时显示出CFD病毒试图夺取控制权时的冷静和算计。最终死亡取得了胜利。受害者的身体无法同时维持两种转换过程。
剧透 -   :
Both Subjects Alpha and Beta were exposed to secondary test subjects. Subject Alpha fed on his victim but did not kill him. The “clean” victim left the holding facilities and was entered into the “wild” test subject pool.
The vampiric victim showed no signs of vampiric Infection but succumbed to CFD.
> I should have kept on reading. Or maybe I shouldn’t.
> Slamm-0!
Subject Beta-1 was injured by the ghoul and offered an interesting display of viral dominance. Subject Beta-1 began to enter the initial stages of both infections and progressed rapidly. She displayed many of the pained moments of the Krieger transformation while also displaying moments of utter calm and meticulous planning as the CFD virus tried to gain control. In the end, the battle was won by Death. The victim’s body was unable to sustain itself through a simultaneous transformation.
>受害者?
>Netcat
>我想说只是笔误,但我觉得这是弗洛伊德式的诚实(潜意识的诚实)。这可能是这些研究里最糟的部分。我看着那个女人死去,像是看3D秀。但我依然相信这种牺牲提供的知识是值得并且有价值的,但那样看她挣扎还是很难熬。
>Butch
>你试验了脑病患吗?
>Nephrine
>没有。已感染者在我实验这个内容前就逃脱了,我还没能弄到更多用来试验的已感染个体。
>Butch
>你还好吗,Butch?你听起来完全不像你自己。不是说你是脑病患,但你看来……呃……有点冷血。
>Netcat
>别担心,继续看。看完后你们还有问题,也许三人组里有人能搭个小论坛。
>Butch
>我来搞定。
>Glitch
剧透 -   :
> Victim?
> Netcat
> I’d say typo but I think it’s more Freudian honesty. This was probably the lowest point in these studies. I watched that woman die like it was no more than a trid show. I still believe it was a worthwhile and valuable sacrifce for the knowledge it provided but it was still a sad struggle to watch.
> Butch
> Did you run tests on Infecting the head cases?
> Nephrine
> No. The Infected escaped before I could run tests of that nature and I have not yet been able to acquire more Infected to utilize in testing.
> Butch
> You okay, Butch? You certainly don’t sound like your normal self. Not saying you’re a head case, but this stuff seems a little … well … cold for you.
> Netcat
> Don’t worry about me. Just read on. Maybe one of the trio can set up a little forum at the end if you guys still have questions.
> Butch
> I’ll take care of that.
> Glitch
PF碎片化事件
我在研究中试验了各种移出侵入和原生人格的方法。疲劳导致的事件,例如睡眠不足和睡眠疾病,都显著增加了侵入人格的暴露。在大部分的案例中,化学睡眠辅助手段通常无法帮助睡眠,血液检测发现肌体能几乎没有输入的化学物质,尿检则发现几乎100%的化学药物都被排出体外。这很可能是由于纳米体起到了清理作用并将外来物质移除宿主体外。
当受到导致昏迷的创伤时,病人体内分泌内啡肽和肾上腺素来保持清醒,但会导致病人崩溃并且之后需要长时间休息。严重威胁身体的伤害会导致人格碎片化显著增强,随后个体会避免冲突或极端好斗。极端好斗的实验体力量和反应速度都明显提升,与战逃反应的肾上腺素增加一致。
事件后血液检测没有发现血液中的肾上腺素或其它生化物质有明显增加。我的假设是纳米体能够回收血液中未被使用的化学物质,使系统机能最大化。或许与纳米体移除肌体内的其它化学物质和毒素的方法相似。
侵入人格最常在实验体睡眠时或以为自己睡着时显现。白天没有附加刺激时也会出现显现状况,但并不常见。这些事件的频率会随着病毒感染而增加。
剧透 -   :
PF FRAGMENTATION EVENTS
During my studies I tested a variety of ways to try to draw out both the invasive and indigenous personalities. Fatigue-inducing events, such as sleep deprivation and illness, generated a marked increase in invasive personality exposure. Chemical sleep aids were frequently unable to assist in rest for many cases, and blood tests revealed little to no chemical in the system, while urinalysis revealed an almost 100 percent return on chemical agents. This is likely due to the nanites acting as cleaners and removing foreign substances from the host.
Trauma-induced unconsciousness was overcome through biological release of endorphins and adrenaline but resulted in patient crash and extended periods of rest, post incident. Serious threats of physical harm caused a marked increase in personality fragmentation followed by conflict avoidance or extreme aggression. Subjects displaying extreme aggression show signifcant increases in strength and reaction speed consistent with adrenaline increases from fight-or-flight responses.
Post-event blood tests revealed no signifcant increase in adrenaline or other biochemical substances in the bloodstream. It’s my hypothesis the nanites recover unused chemicals from the bloodstream to maximize effciency in the system. Probably through a process similar to however it is they remove other chemicals and toxins from the system.
Invasive personalities emerge while the subject sleeps or believes they are asleep most frequently. Midday emerging episodes have occurred with no additional stimuli, but are not the standard. These events tend to increase in frequency as the virus progresses.
纳米体密度增加有待解释
所有实验体都显示出纳米体数量增长,包括野外个体和控制实验的实验体。分析指出实验体内的硬纳米体和软纳米体(hard and soft nanite)都出现前所未有的自增长现象。能直接观察到收容在控制实验区域的实验体主动进食非有机物质。有传闻成野外工作者有相同的目击,但我还未看到可靠的视频证据。
>我见过一个人整包整包地吃沙子。我没有眼部殖装,所以没录下来。我还见过其它几个,但我的通讯链录像没有望远镜的放大系统。
>Balladeer
剧透 -   :
UNEXPLAINED NANITE
CONCENTRATION INCREASE
All subjects display an increase in nanite populations. This occurs in both wild populations and controlled test subjects. Analysis indicates an unprecedented self-replication of both hard and soft nanite populations in the subjects. Subjects confned within controlled test areas have been directly observed voluntarily ingesting inorganic materials. This has been anecdotally observed by feld operatives, but so far I haven’t seen reliable video evidence.
> I saw one eating sand by the bagful. I don’t have eyeware, so I couldn’t record it that time. I’ve seen other ones, too, but my ’link’s video just didn’t have the mag systems of my scope.
> Balladeer
已观察到的CFD人格类型
在个体层面上,被CFD重写的人之间的差异就与他们那血肉组成的宿主们之间的差异一样大。但他们的行为可以粗略地划分为若干类,不同种类反应了PF最初的设计编码。这些行为在某些个体上更明显,但通常都会在转换期间或转换之后立刻显现。我四种不同的PF人格类型有详细了解,我还确定至少有第五种人格,但没有直接证据。这些分类并不严谨——严格说来也不科学。这只让我们在试图理解状况时能划分看到的是什么。
剧透 -   :
OBSERVED CFD
PERSONALITY TYPES
At an individual level, people overwritten by CFD are as varied as their flesh-and-blood hosts were to begin with. However, their behaviors fall into broad categories that reflect the base  codes of PFs’ original design; these behaviors are more evident in some than others but are almost always apparent during or immediately following transformation. I’ve had extensive experience with four separate PF personality types, and I’m certain there’s at least a ffth type, though I have no direct evidence. These classifcations are by no means rigid—and strictly speaking not very scientifc. They are simply a way to sort what we’re looking at while we try and understand what we’re dealing with.
仇视者
仇视者对某人或某物抱坚定不移的恨意。最普遍的是憎恨创造它们的公司或是参与设计制造它们的研发项目。还有的对国家、种族甚至特定的个人有极深的仇恨。我当前的猜想是这是一种对被捕获前经历的过度情绪反应,但也可能是对母人格生活经历的某种扭曲反映。
当它们仇视的对象是种族或国家这种大范围对象,并且攻击仇视目标时,这些个体常常被误认为狂怒者。仇视者通常能通过它们突然变化的态度辨认,或是通过它们的暴力行为——一般导致逮捕以及/或者上新闻。
剧透 -   :
HATERS
Haters have a determined and focused hatred for someone or something. Most common among this population are those hating their progenitor corporation or the R&D programs involved in their design and creation. Others present deep hatred for nations, races, and even specifc individuals. My working hypothesis is this is an emotional over-response to their experiences before we captured them, but it could also be a distorted reflection of the lives that were lived by the parent personalities.
When the object of their hatred is something as broad as a race or a nation, these individuals can often be mistaken for Ragers when they attack the object of their hate. Haters are usually identifed by their sudden shift in attitudes or by their violent behaviors—which often lead to arrests and/or news stories.
密谋者
CFD让仇视者对某物或某人带有强烈的恨意,而密谋者的显现伴随着冰冷、但持续的愤怒,这种怒火持续更久,并且能编织出更复杂的阴谋用以伤害或摧毁他们愤怒的源头。密谋者会为了不暴露自己的存在而继续沿用宿主原来的生活方式,或者也会自行采取一种更世俗的生活方式,只要他们觉得这样能让自己在秘密谋划时更不容易被发现。我之见过几个密谋者,但我确定还有更多;他们只是比许多同类更不易被发现。
这些个体通常只能由突然的人格转变发现,表现为它们与密友和同事疏离。有时这种转变不易察觉,有时则是生活方式的完全转变、远远偏离之前的生活状态。若你是个独行者,这很容易,也就是说,我发现的都是写有家室的男性和女性或者与周围相处融洽的公司员工,突然逃离家庭或公司。近几个月有不少新狂奔者被发现是脑病患的密谋者,它们发现了这片能进行它们的暗中破坏行动的理想之地。如今,当你被介绍给新狂奔者时要当心。他们可能是脑病患。
这类CFD患者也是最频繁地重写其他人、传播他们隐蔽恨意的个体,他们的目的是创造出由头脑相似的(字面意义)个体组成的网络,一起密谋行动。他们也会对普通人动手,所以,当你接到的工作是简单地将一小瓶纳米凝胶放到某个家伙的书桌抽屉里,或是倒在某个无辜家伙的门把手或牙刷上,也不必感到太意外。他们叫做密谋者是有理由的。
剧透 -   :
CONNIVERS
While the Haters come through CFD with a fery rage of hatred for something or someone, the Connivers emerge with a cold, abiding anger that lasts far longer and leads to far more convoluted plots to harm or destroy the target of their ire. Connivers work at continuing their host’s life to disguise their presence or create a new, more mundane life if they think that will make them more invisible while they plot. I have only encountered a few Connivers, but I am sure there are far more; they are just less likely than many of their counterparts to be spotted.
These ones are often only identifed by the sudden shift in personality that leads to a separation from close friends and colleagues. Sometimes during the transition this is subtle, other times it’s a complete lifestyle change and departure from their former life. This is easy if you’re a loner, which means most of those I’ve found are family men and women or well-adjusted corporate citizens who suddenly run from their family or the corp. Quite a few new runners on the scene in recent months have turned out to be head case Connivers who have found an ideal place to begin their undermining efforts. Watch it when you get introduced to a new runner these days. They could be a head case.
These CFD sufferers have also been some of the most frequent to overwrite others and spread their subtle hatred. The purpose is usually to create a network of like-minded (literally) individuals to plot alongside them. They work through regular folks, too, so don’t be surprised if you get a job that’s as simple as dropping off a vial of nanogoo in some guy’s desk drawer or pouring it on the door handle or toothbrush of some innocent. They are called Connivers for a reason.
狂怒者
啊,我的最爱。CFD狂怒者是暴力的反社会疯子,一个脑袋都装不下他们的所有问题。现有理论是狂怒者是几个PF试图取得同一宿主的完全控制导致的,它们引发的地盘争夺战没有明显的胜利者,并且对大脑和神经系统造成大量附加伤害。狂怒者在任何结构化社会里都很容易被发现——人们会看到一个薪奴突然发疯——但在Z-zone他们都近乎无形。无sin者在雷蒙德游荡,不理会其他人,大部分人也不能从外表辨认他们。他们的暴力行为——以及随后可能的血液交换——你会觉得到狂怒者一定会大扩散,但他们的疯狂并不经常传播。我不是指他们没有传染性——恰恰相反——但他们感染的个体通常会展示出更稳定的人格。这或许意味着这里的特定人格的纳米体分布不均匀。
狂怒者的短命程度和他们的稀有程度一样。当它们成为狂怒者时,其中大部分已经有致命缺陷;他们的大脑损伤如此严重,寄宿其中的PF完全不知道如何照料窃得的躯体。有些找到了办法,但大部分狂暴者在PF完全重写宿主后活不了几天——这还是他们活过了PF间精神战斗的情况。Z-zone里切实的威胁是当狂怒者死在帮派斗争或者群殴中之后可能导致的CFD感染扩散,根据他们的好斗行为,这很可能发生。因此,即使狂怒者个体容易挂掉,狂怒者这个群体是CFD扩散的重大威胁。
剧透 -   :
RAGERS
Ah, my favorites. CFD Ragers are violently antisocial psychopaths with way more issues than could be contained in a single skull. Working theory is Ragers result when several PFs try to take exclusive control of the same host, resulting in a turf war with no clear winner and a lot of collateral damage to the brain and nervous system. Ragers are easy to spot in any kind of structured society—people notice when a wage-slave goes off the reservation—but they’re all but invisible out in the Z-zones. The SINless squatters out in Redmond don’t answer to anyone and most people don’t know them from Adam. Given their violence—and subsequent potential blood transfer—you’d expect an epidemic of Ragers, but they don’t transmit their madness often. I don’t mean they’re not infectious—quite the opposite—but whomever they infect usually manifests a more stable personality. Probably indicates an unequal distribution of personality-specifc nanites.
Ragers are as short-lived as they are rare. By the time they become Ragers, most of them are terminally flawed; they are so brain-damaged the resident PFs have no sense of how to take care of the body they’ve stolen. Some fgure it out, but most Ragers don’t live more than a few days after the PFs have fully overwritten the host—and that’s if they survive all the psychotic shit of battle. A real danger out in the Z-zones is the potential for widespread CFD infections if Ragers are killed by a gang or in a brawl, which is highly probable given their aggressive behaviors. So even though individual Ragers burn out fast, as a group they present a signifcant risk of spreading CFD.
操纵者
操纵者是第二难定位和确认的CFD类型,以我的观点,也是短期内最不危险的,但长期看来他们或许是威胁。他们很聪明,理解保持自由需要怎么做,他们尽可能隐藏身份,并且主动避免病毒扩散。有些甚至试图说服其它CFD个体克服他们本能的仇恨,同样隐蔽行事。
但这不代表他们是我们的朋友,他们只是当前不那么有威胁。操纵者的问题是他们很容易被忽视;他们融入我们的世界,让我们难以定位。也就是说,一旦他们改变心意,或觉得受到威胁时,可以相对容易地扩散病毒。我希望能在他们成为威胁之前解决这个问题,但操纵者或许会是长期威胁。尤其是像某些脑病患病例指出的,当前身体形态失去价值后他们能直接把自己复制进另一个人体内。
剧透 -   :
MANIPULATORS
Manipulators are the second most diffcult CFD type to locate and identify and in my opinion the least dangerous in the short run, even though they are a potential risk in the long run. They’re smart, understand what it takes to stay free, do their best to stay hidden, and actively work to avoid spreading the virus. Some even try to convince others of their kind to do the same and move past their seemingly instinctual hatred.
That does not make them our friends. It just makes them less of an immediate threat. The problem with Manipulators is they are easy to overlook; they will blend right into our world, increasing the odds we’ll lose them. Which means if they ever have a change of heart, or feel threatened, they can spread their virus with relative ease. I hope the problem is solved well  before it becomes an issue, but Manipulators have the potential to be longterm threats. Especially if it really is possible, as some head cases have stated, to just copy themselves into another person once their current form loses its value.
藏匿者
上面是我观察过并且/或者捕获并研究过的4种类型。还有第五种,据我所知,我还没有直接接触过,但我有足够的间接证据让你相信他们和其他四种一样真实存在。我叫他们藏匿者。藏匿者除了生存外没有其他欲望,他们比操纵者更擅长融入环境。他们不与其他CFD个体交流,他们似乎没有任何暴露自己的意愿,不管是什么方式。如果他们不小心感染了某人,他们最可能把那人杀了把尸体处理掉,而不愿让CFD病毒发展。他们不关心自己的群体,也不关心我们的群体;唯一关心的就是他们自己。这是种危险的生存方式。
剧透 -   :
THE HIDDEN
Those are the four types I’ve actually observed and/or captured and studied. There’s a ffth type that I have not, to my knowledge, directly encountered, but I’ve found enough circumstantial evidence to convince me they’re as real as the others. I call them the Hidden. The Hidden have no desire other than to survive and can blend into their surroundings even better than the Manipulators. They don’t associate with others of their kind, they don’t seem to feel any need to reveal themselves in any way. If they unintentionally infect someone they’re more likely to kill the person and dispose of the body than let the CFD run its course. They don’t care about their kind; they don’t care about our kind; they only care about themselves. That is a dangerous way to be.
结论
认知碎片化障碍有着重写这个地球上——以及地球外——所有泛人类的可能性;空间站和殖民地的封闭环境最为脆弱。我不想危言耸听,但我想说清楚:CFD能够以成为我们宿命的方式终结泛人类历史。CFD“病毒”不像我接触过的任何其它病毒——不管是生物病毒还是电脑病毒。研究CFD如何以及为何作用于思想、意识以及认知,能带来不可计量的知识,尤其是在超人类领域。但专注于从CFD身上学习而不是研究阻止它扩散或被武器化的方法会增加未来我们都被重新取代的风险。
对我们这些暗影中的人来说,决定研究进展的方向或许是我们的责任。我们因为这个失去了一位密友。我们只是一个小团体,这让我们能够理解它的危险,而不被那无限的可能和无限的危险所蒙蔽。
>我的责任是收钱办事。抱歉Butch,但这是事实。
>Balladeer
剧透 -   :
CONCLUSION
Cognitive Fragmentation Disorder has the potential to overwrite every metahuman on the planet—off planet, too; the closed environments of stations and colonies are the most vulnerable. Don’t want to sound melodramatic, but I want to be clear: CFD could end metahuman history by becoming our destiny. The CFD “virus” is like no other virus—biological or computer—I’ve ever
encountered. Studying how and why CFD works on the mind, on consciousness, and on identity could lead to an incalculable wealth of information, especially in the transhumanist felds. However, the danger of focusing on what we can learn from CFD instead of working on ways to prevent its spread or weaponization is it increases the chances of a future in which we’ve all been overwritten and replaced.
For us in the shadows it may become our responsibility to try to direct where this work goes. We lost a close friend to this and we are a small enough community to understand the dangers without being blinded by the infnite, and infnitely dangerous, potential.
> My responsibility is to get paid and be professional. Sorry Butch, but it’s the truth.
> Balladeer

« 上次编辑: 2018-11-06, 周二 22:23:39 由 NewAlbionDrone »
If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it's probably an Andrik

离线 马非鱼

• 版主
  • 帖子数: 1179
  • 苹果币: 3
Re: 【StS】深入脑崩溃 stolen soul p11-p18
« 回帖 #1 于: 2017-10-21, 周六 13:00:24 »
哇!出炉自带一校~好棒棒 :em009