作者 主题: 【SG】魔法幸存SURVIVING MAGIC P11~23  (阅读 11633 次)

副标题: 校对: Bellicose

离线 失语

• Hero
  • 帖子数: 971
  • 苹果币: 2
【SG】魔法幸存SURVIVING MAGIC P11~23
« 于: 2018-12-28, 周五 15:50:39 »
魔法幸存SURVIVING MAGIC

引用
> 我想要说的是,我也是在暗影中走出来的,但是你们在很久以前就把这个故事称之为屁话。在一个魔法受到称赞的环境中长大和在一个施法会让你丧命的环境中长大是截然不同的。这是我们大多数人每天都要面对的严酷现实,还有谁比“多名之人”(Man-Of-Many-Names)更适合带我们走过这一难关呢?尽管他经常发布一些神秘莫测的帖子,但是他还是有一些关于魔法和第六纪事物运作方式的直接事实可以分享。集中注意力,我打赌你会学到一些东西。
> 霜寒(Frosty )
劇透 -   :
> I’d like to say I came up in the shadows, but you all called bullshit on that backstory a long time ago. There is a difference between being raised in an environment where magic is praised and growing up where casting a spell can get you killed. That is the harsh reality most of us deal with every day, and who better to walk us through it than Man-Of-Many-Names. In spite of his often-cryptic postings, he has some straight facts to share about magic and the way things work in the Sixth World. Pay attention and I’ll bet you learn something.
> Frosty

天赋觉醒BORN AWAKENED

我并非出生在一个魔法世界中。相反,我来自一个相信魔法只会诞生在别人身上的家庭。我的父亲曾经告诉我们,魔法是另一种科学上可以定义的资源,它是如此有限,以至于可以忽略不计。我相信他。当我的父亲看到“丹尼尔·嚎狼(Daniel Howling Coyote)之舞”时,他转过身去,忘记了那一刻对我们所有人意味着什么(译注:多名之人一家是原住民)。他是一名核工程师。他希望魔法只代表我们未来的一小部分,他担心如果我们把所有的信仰都寄托在魔法上,我们的人民就会遭殃。
劇透 -   :
I was not born into a world of magic. I came from a family who believed that magic was something that happened to other people. My father used to tell us, as many still do, that magic was another scientifically definable resource so limited as to be negligible. I believed him. When my father saw Daniel Howling Coyote dance he turned away, oblivious to what the moment meant for our people. He was a nuclear engineer. He wanted magic to represent just a fraction of what the future held for us, and he worried our people would suffer if we put all our faith in magic.

我们纳瓦霍人(Dine)称拥有魔法的人为“哈塔尔”(Haatalii)。当我还小的时候,孩子们假装富有魔法和身怀流派。我们没有假装是古印第安人。但我们是在这个世界上拥有充足资源的原住民,在我们的游戏中当牛仔发起进攻时,我们便用魂魄之力予以还击。我父亲不喜欢我们这样玩。他一直怀疑魔法,我也一直相信他。当“哈塔尔”来我的学校测试我们的潜能时,我拒绝参加。我想那可能会使我父亲高兴。相反,这使我成了自己人民的弃儿。简单地说,人们认为我很奇怪并且挑我的毛病。有些东西多年来变化不大。
劇透 -   :
We Dineh (Navajo) call those who possess magic Haatalii. When I was young, children pretended to be rich with magic and tradition. We didn’t pretend to be the Indians of old. We were the native people of a world with plenty of riches, and when the cowboys attacked in our games we hit them back, hard, with the ferocity of spirits. My father didn’t like us playing this way. He kept doubting magic, and I kept believing him. When the Haatalii came to my school to test our potential, I refused to participate. I thought that might make my father happy. Instead it made me an outcast from my own people. Simply put, people thought I was weird and picked on me. Some things don’t change much over the years.

我在15岁时发现了自己的能力。我不知道当时发生了什么,但现在我认识到它是“星界侦查”。当时的我在躲避魔法,躲在偏爱数据胜过捕梦网的私立学校里,所以我的第一印象是,我瞎了,甚至疯了。并不是我不知道如何关掉它。我能在内心深处看到那个触发器,但我不想关掉它。星界世界如此美丽以至于与我们正常的石头和钢铁世界形成了对比。对于觉醒者来说,物质世界是我们可以剥开的,可以看到下面是什么的一层皮。
劇透 -   :
I discovered my ability at the age of 15. I had no idea what happened at the time, but now I recognize it as Astral Perception. I’d been shielded from magic and tucked away in private schools that favored data over dreamcatchers, so my first impression was that I’d gone blind, even insane. It wasn’t that I didn’t know how to turn it off. I could see that trigger deep in my mind, but I didn’t want to turn it off. The astral world is beautiful contrast to our normal world of stone and steel. For the Awakened, the physical world is a skin we can peel away to see what lies beneath.

在我的生命中,没有人能告诉我该做什么,或者至少没有我信任的人。我试着自己去找路,但一直挣扎着;直到“狼”找到了我,给我指明了路。一旦我了解了自己,我就学会了隐藏我的魔法。老师们希望我们成为“哈塔尔”,以获得学校为寻找像我们这样的人才提供的奖金。黑帮想要我们成他们展示能力的证明。军方则想要我们显现出“嚎狼”塑造过的土著民之力。
劇透 -   :
There was no one in my life who could tell me what I could do, or at least not anyone I trusted. I attempted to discover the Ways for myself and floundered until Wolf found me and showed me the Path. Once I knew what I was, I learned to hide my magic. The teachers wanted us to be Haatalii to earn the bonuses the schools offered for finding people like us. Gangs wanted us as evidence of their power. The military wanted us to project the Native strength Howling Coyote forged.

我以为我的故事是一个特例的事件,直到我走进更广阔的天地。我是幸运的。其他一些人永远活不到足够长的时间来享受觉醒的馈赠。在世界各地,觉醒者受制于他们文化的规则受到荣誉、崇敬、恐惧或迫害。在一些黑暗的地方,甚至性别也会影响人们对魔法使用的看法。天生具有这种能力的女性会被视为受诅咒,一旦这种诅咒被发现,她们的生命就会终结。
劇透 -   :
I thought my story was an isolated incident until I walked in the greater world. I was lucky. Others never live long enough to enjoy the gifts of the Awakening. Across the globe the Awakened are honored, revered, feared, or persecuted according to the rules of their culture. In some dark places even gender affects how magic use is perceived. Women born with the gift can be seen as cursed, and their lives end once that curse is discovered.

引用
> 像这样定位和挖掘女孩的活儿在生意中可是有着真金白银的价值。我从事这一行并不是为了给你们讲心灵鸡汤故事,但一旦进入猎杀之月,我在做这份追逐法力的工作时,帮到的人可就不止雇佣我的公司了。当我有机会从那些不懂魔法的人手中拯救孩子们的时候——像从“人类旅队”(the Human Brigade)这种——我觉得也许我在为自己在其他时候做的那些恶心事情还清业债。(校注:人类旅队是一芝加哥帮派,全员均为人类非觉醒者,以歧视觉醒者著称)
> 麻烦(Ma’Fan)
劇透 -   :
> There is real money in the business of locating and extracting girls like this. I’m not in the biz for feel good stories, but once in a hunter’s moon I get to do a job that benefits more than the corp I’m pushing mana for. When I get a chance to rescue kids from people who don’t understand magic—folks like the Human Brigade—I feel like maybe I’m earning a bit of karma for some of the fucked-up shit that goes down the rest of the time. 
> Ma’Fan

> 但是你是为谁而撤走她们的呢?这些女孩大概会过上为企业主子服务的生活,对拯救她们的组织心存感激,并为她们的忠诚服务赚取最低工资。
> 米卡(Mika)
劇透 -   :
> But who are you extracting them for? These girls are probably looking at a life of serving corporate masters, beholden to the group that saved them and earning a minimum wage for their loyal service.
> Mika

> 那不是我的问题,御前。
> 麻烦
劇透 -   :
> That isn’t my problem, omae.
> Ma’Fan

> 在最初的投资之后,这些被刷下来的失败者要么被投入到实验项目中,要么就被倒回到街道上,流入暗影。少数人可以适应,成为暗影狂奔者,甚至是社区的稳定成员,但大多数人最终成为帮派的财产。
> 吉米No(Jimmy No)
劇透 -   :
> After the initial investment, the washouts end up in experimental programs or just dumped back out on the streets where they bleed into the shadows. A few can handle it and become shadowrunners or even stable members of the society, but most end up the property of gangs.
> Jimmy No

魔法是一种诅咒,是一种馈赠,还是一种选择——这取决于你出生在哪里。自觉醒以来,我们一直试图弄清楚谁会被觉醒,谁不会。有一段时间,科学家们认为哥布林化(goblinized)或精灵血统会让你更容易拥有魔法能力。尽管科学无所不能,但在魔法决定显露其面孔之前,没有科学的方法来确定孩子是否生来就有魔力。同样的,也没有科学的流程来保证你的孩子可以使用魔法或者他会展现什么样的魔法。
劇透 -   :
Magic is a curse. Magic is a gift. Magic is a choice—all depending upon where you are born. Since the Awakening we’ve been trying to make sense of who becomes Awakened and who doesn’t. For a time scientists assumed that to be goblinized or born of the elven breed made you more susceptible to having magical ability. Despite what science is capable of, there is no scientific way to determine whether a child is born with magic until magic decides to show its face. Likewise there is no scientific procedure to guarantee your child can wield mana or what style of magic that child will manifest.

正如书记埃兰(校注:埃兰是一位不朽精灵,由于在第四纪便对觉醒了解/记录甚多而被世人称作“书记”)所说:“魔法是人与精神世界关系最纯粹的表达。我们的DNA中有某种东西打开了通往另一个地方的大门。然而,正是我们采用的‘范式’让我们得以跨越难关。”
劇透 -   :
As Ehran the Scribe said, “Magic is the purest expression of the relationship between man and the spirit world. There is something in our DNA that opens the door to that other place. However, it is the paradigms that we adopt that allow us to step through.”

狼图腾信仰便是一种“范式”,或者说是一种理解系统,它允许我发挥我的魔法潜能。基督教牧师相信他们的力量来自上帝,他们以祈祷来显现他们的能力。巫术师撰写复杂的算法,巫人操纵气产生魔法效果,诸如此类。作为一个魔法使用者,你的“范式”几乎可以是任何东西。你与魔法互动的方式决定了世界与你互动的方式。
劇透 -   :
Believing in Wolf is a paradigm, or system of understanding, that allows me to use my magical potential. The Christian priests believe their power comes from God, and they pray to manifest their abilities. Magicians write complex algorithms, Wujen manipulate qi to produce magical effects, and so on. As a magic user your paradigm can be nearly anything. The way you interact with magic determines how the world interacts with you.

引用
> 我在德国听过一个关于医生绑架具有魔法潜能的育龄妇女的故事。他们会用具有魔法能力的男性精子给她们受精,试图生出具有潜力的孩子。
> 红安雅(Red Anya)
劇透 -   :
> I heard a story back in Germany about doctors kidnapping women of child-bearing age who had magical potential. They would inseminate them with the seed of a magically active male and try to birth a child with the potential.
> Red Anya

> 我信了——人们会尝试各种方法让魔法显现。有一次我被雇去给亚马逊的一个实验室送一个医疗包。当然,我偷偷窥探过了——如果你不确切地了解自己究竟会被卷入怎样的麻烦事里,你就不应该去亚马逊尼亚。我知道这个包裹来自波士顿的某个地方,是一个被囚禁的变形种的“男性产品”。我不想知道约翰逊先生打算给那个标本做什么,但听起来很像红安雅的故事。
> 莱兰(Lyran)
劇透 -   :
> I believe it—people will try a lot of things to get magic to appear. I was hired once to deliver a medical package to a lab in Amazonia. I snooped, of course—you don’t waltz into Amazonia without understanding exactly what the frag you’re getting into.  I learned the package came from somewhere in Boston and was the ‘male product’ of an imprisoned shapeshifter. I don’t want to know what Mr. Johnson was planning for that specimen, but it sounds a lot like Red Anya’s story.
> Lyran
« 上次编辑: 2019-06-15, 周六 14:42:59 由 失语 »

离线 失语

• Hero
Re: 【SG】魔法幸存SURVIVING MAGIC P11~23
« 回帖 #1 于: 2018-12-28, 周五 15:51:42 »
边栏:街头采访WORD ON THE STREET 

你对魔法有何感想?HOW DO YOU FEEL ABOUT MAGIC?
(问题来自沃斯大都会达拉斯街道格乐丽雅百货店)
劇透 -   :
(Asked at The Galleria, Dallas-Ft. Worth Metroplex)

马克·塔克(Mark Tucker),64岁,企业主:它应该得到更好的监管。我的意思是,我怎么知道我要雇佣的那个人是不是对我施了魔法让我雇用他,这样他就能接管我的生意?
劇透 -   :
Mark Tucker, 64, business owner: It ought to be regulated better. I mean, how do I know the guy I’m trying to hire isn’t casting a spell on me and making me hire him, so he can take over my business?

萨曼莎·爱泼斯坦(Samantha Epstein),15岁,学生:这些书从来没有弄对过。灰袍甘道夫?哈他妈的利波特?没门,伙计。法师是核弹。有一次我看见一个路过的警察,只用一根手指就撞坏了一辆逃跑的汽车。这才是像样的魔法.
劇透 -   :
Samantha Epstein, 15, student: The books never got it right. Gandalf the Grey? Harry freaking Potter? No way, man. Mages are nuclear. One time I saw this cop step into the road and smash a getaway car just by pointing her finger. Now that’s some wiz stuff right there.

彼得·邓肯(Peter Duncan),28岁,失业:根本不是人们想的那样。这种力量必须来自某个地方,而不是来自某个狗屎的法力位面。那么这种力量一直在哪里?而且龙又是从何而来?使用魔咒的人越多,龙就越强大。我告诉你这是有联系的!
劇透 -   :
Peter Duncan, 28, unemployed: It’s not at all what people think. That power has to come from somewhere, and not some drekking manasphere. Where was that power all this time? And what about the dragons? The more people use that mojo, the stronger Dragons get. I’m telling you there’s a connection!

凯文·哈达威(Kevin Hardaway),47岁,政治说客:一个人能够行使这种不受监管的力量的想法是可怕的。他们需要被登记,如果他们威胁社会,他们需要被镇压。
劇透 -   :
Kevin Hardaway, 47, political lobbyist: The idea that one person can wield that kind of unregulated power is terrifying. They need to be registered, and if they threaten society, they need to be put down.
« 上次编辑: 2018-12-29, 周六 09:57:29 由 失语 »

离线 失语

• Hero
« 回帖 #2 于: 2018-12-28, 周五 15:52:33 »
流行文化中的魔法MAGIC IN  POPULAR CULTURE

《苏姬·红花5》是个令人讨厌的东西(校注:苏姬-红花是一位2050年时期的精灵觉醒者法师,曾经是狂奔者,但在之后退休去当了拟感明星,著有自传《苏姬-红花》)。多亏了像地平线这样的组织的力量,人们普遍认为萨满要么是美丽的原住民公主,要么是久经风霜、身披羽毛、抽着大烟的印第安人。诚然,也有一些人确实是这样的,但是刻板印象对他们所创造的期望是有害的。媒体对魔法的描绘从根本上是有缺陷的。魔法对非觉醒者来说通常是一个不可见的过程。就像一个普通的购物者读不懂针对他们的销售算法背后的编码一样,普通人也无法辨识法术的施放。但这种不可见性在镜头中看起来并不好,所以媒体会想方设法将施法者刻画成与众不同、易于识别的形象。萨满变回了穿着过时部落外套的老人,法师们又重回托尔金幻想中的长袍。
劇透 -   :
Sukie Redflower 5 is an abomination. Thanks to the power of organizations like Horizon, the popular perception of shamans is that they’re either beautiful NAN princesses or weathered Amerind men wearing feathers and smoking peyote. Granted, there are some people like that out there, but the stereotypes do harm in the expectations they create. The media portrayal of magic is fundamentally flawed. Magic is normally an invisible process to the non-Awakened. A normal can no more discern the casting of a spell than a casual shopper can read the coding behind a sales algorithm directed against them. But this invisibility doesn’t look great on camera, so media outlets find ways to portray spellcasters as different and readily identifiable. Shamans are reduced to old men dressed in outdated tribal gear and mages return to the robes of Tolkien fantasy.

在极少数的情况下,我们可以看到魔法的物理效果,这是媒体喜欢的魔法类型。对第六纪魔法的描绘导致了一种奇怪的割离,即被觉醒意味着什么,以及普通人如何看待被觉醒。首先要记住的是,魔法是极其罕见的。普通市民更可能遇到暗影狂奔者而不是施法者。事实上,如果他们真的遇到一个觉醒的个体,他们甚至不可能认出对方。尽管如此,魔法还是潜移默化地渗透到了日常生活中,扮演着胡萝卜或大棒的角色。它承载着一定的财富承诺,比如那些承诺魔法治愈的高端医疗诊所。顶尖的安保公司都声称提供包括专员法师在内的保护套餐——只要你支付高额保险费。另一方面,父母们仍然提醒他们的孩子,魔鬼是存在的,他整夜出没,等着给顽皮的孩子们施咒。民间传说和文化习俗中充斥着来自魔法的例子,有好的也有坏的——从带你参加舞会的仙女教母到乐意买你灵魂的魔鬼。所以,即使没有人真正经历过它,那些关于什么是魔法的故事也塑造了我们周围的文化,影响着凡俗之人认为我们实际上能做什么。
劇透 -   :
In rare cases we can see the physical effects of magic, and this is the type of magic the media tends to like. The portrayal of magic in the Sixth World leads to a strange separation from the reality of what it means to be Awakened and how the Awakened are viewed by the average person. Thing number one to remember is that magic is extremely rare. The average citizen is more likely to encounter a shadowrunner than they are to encounter a spellslinger. In fact, if they actually encountered an Awakened individual, it’s unlikely they would even know it. Nevertheless magic insinuates itself into daily life, acting as either the carrot or the stick. It carries with it a certain promise of wealth, with all those highend medical clinics that promise magical healing. The top security firms all claim to offer protection packages that include a personal mage—as long as you pay a hefty premium. At the other end of the spectrum, parents still remind their children that the bogeyman is real and he haunts the night waiting to cast spells on naughty children. Folklore and cultural mores are teeming with examples of what can come from magic, both good and bad—from the fairy godmother who will get you to the ball to the devil who will gladly buy your soul. So, even if no one really experiences it, the stories of what magic is and does shape the culture around us, affecting what mundanes think we can actually do.
« 上次编辑: 2019-06-15, 周六 14:30:46 由 失语 »

离线 失语

• Hero
« 回帖 #3 于: 2019-01-07, 周一 15:13:19 »
民族文化中的魔法MAGIC IN ETHNIC CULTURES

最初,很少有文化对魔法充满热情。许多人陷入了过去的偏见。恐惧驱使当权者去寻求对觉醒者的控制,而当他们无法控制时,他们就着手摧毁。在非洲的部分地区,东欧,以及CAS的深入地带,仍然存在着一些地方将这一切拒之门外,甚至会对法师判下死刑。孩子们努力隐藏他们的能力,有时他们发现自己的才能时,为了避免因为家庭诞生一个施法者而受到嘲笑和羞辱,他们会被迫自杀
劇透 -   :
Few cultures initially greeted magic with exuberance. Many fell into the old prejudices. Fear drove those in power to seek control over the Awakened, and what they could not control, they destroyed. In parts of Africa, Eastern Europe, and deep within the CAS there remain pockets of denial where being a mage is punishable by death. Kids work hard to hide their abilities and sometimes are driven to suicide when they discover their talent in order to avoid the ridicule and disgrace the family would face for producing a spellcaster.

这种偏见在国家层面上产生共鸣,其根本原因是媒体的看法。你以前可能听说过:提尔纳诺上遍布德鲁伊,中国的魔法使用者都是“巫人”,如果有人看起来像来自阿兹特兰,他们可能想通过割开你的血管来施放下一个法术。这并不是特定地方的每个人都相信的,但是足够多的事情可以影响你的判断。原住民国对此持开放态度。萨满教被视为传统之道,而那些自称为巫师或其他什么的人仍然被视为局外人。一些第六纪的文化体以对待觉醒者而著称。
劇透 -   :
This prejudice resonates on a national level, fundamentally as a result of media perceptions. You’ve heard it all before: Tír na nÓg is crawling with druids, Chinese magic users are all Wujen, and if someone looks like they come from Aztlan, they probably want to tap your vein for their next spell. This isn’t what everyone in a particular place believes, but enough do that it can effect how you are perceived. The NAN is open about this. Shamanism is seen as the traditional path, and those who call themselves magicians or otherwise are still viewed as outsiders. A handful of Sixth World cultures are notable for their treatment of the Awakened.

引用
阿萨满多ASAMANDO

几个泛人类国家在觉醒后迅速崛起。他们对魔法的合法性处理各不相同。在阿萨满多,这个国家的法律设计初便考虑到了魔法的存在。将近30%的居民是来自不同流派的魔法师,但因为他们也是食尸鬼,很少有外国人敢冒险进入边境,学习阿萨满多人所能提供的东西。阿萨满多有95%的人感染hmhvv,也因此被称为食尸鬼的家园。一个食尸鬼国家肯定会吸引觉醒者的注意。除了所有的食尸鬼,阿萨满多以拥有大量的自由精魂而自豪,这导致在这个国家的某些地区产生了禁止束缚精魂的法律。
劇透 -   :
Several metahuman nations sprouted up just after the awakening. Each handled the legalities of magic differently. In Asamando, the country’s laws were designed with magic in mind. Nearly thirty percent of the citizens are magicians from various traditions, but because they are also ghouls very few outsiders dare to venture inside the borders to learn what Asamandians have to offer. With a population that hovers around ninety-five percent HMHVV-infected, Asamando is known as the Ghoul Homeland. A nation of ghouls is a guaranteed draw for the attention of the Awakened. In addition to all the ghouls, Asamando boasts a sizable population of free spirits, which led to laws against spirit binding in certain parts of the country.

引用
> 超企不会公开谈论他们在阿萨满多做的招聘和研究。他们对这个地区高度集中的魔法非常感兴趣。然而,他们却担忧强迫我国人民生活在暗影中毫无意义的偏见可能影响自己的利润盈亏。
> 汉尼贝拉(Hannibelle)
劇透 -   :
> Corporations won’t openly speak about the recruitment and research they do in Asamando. They are extremely interested in the high concentration of magic in the region. Yet they are afraid that the senseless bigotry that forces my people to live in the shadows may affect their bottom line.
> Hannibelle

> 愚蠢的偏见?别忘了食尸鬼是吃肉的。但不管怎样,阿萨满多并不是非洲唯一一个引起轰动的泛人类国家。如果你是一个圆耳朵,不要去非洲大陆的阿扎尼亚(Azania),在那里祖鲁精灵非常担心失去对国家的控制,并且一直向外界公布这一事实。
> 涡轮兔(Turbo Bunny)
劇透 -   :
> Senseless bigotry? Let’s not forget that ghouls eat flesh. But anyway, Asamando’s not the only metahuman nation in Africa causing a stir. If you’re a round-ear, avoid going down continent to Azania where the Zulu elves are extremely worried about losing their grip on the nation and have been making that fact known to outsiders.
> Turbo Bunny

> 圣战者(Mujaji)组织在这一地区的领导位缺位导致了极大的不稳定。横跨特朗-斯威士联盟(Trans-Swazi)甚至到目前为止还向包括阿萨满多在内的其他国家寻求帮助,以解决开普敦(Cape Town)日益严重的犯罪问题。到目前为止,唯一愿意提供帮助的是雇佣兵和暗影狂奔者。
> 霜寒(Frosty)
劇透 -   :
> Mujaji’s absentee leadership in that part of the world has led to a great deal of instability. The Trans-Swazi federation has even gone so far to reach out to other nations, including Asamando, for help with the growing crime problem in Cape Town. So far the only sorts willing to help have been mercenaries and shadowrunners.
> Frosty

引用
阿拉伯哈里发ARABIAN CALIPHATE

在整个哈里发国,伊斯兰教法很少是一成不变的,在那里,在那里魔法被认为是违背了真主的教义。虔诚的信徒将魔法视为七大致命行为之一,并公开反对其在阿拉伯哈里发国的施展魔法。在哈里发国内使用任何魔法都是违法的。与此同时,伊斯兰教领导层本身能快速区分出使用魔法和真主赋予信徒“恩赐”之间的区别。苏非派,或着说是伊斯兰神秘主义者,而并非是魔法使用者。在哈里发的思想和术语中,他们已经接受了真主的“恩赐”,并使用这些“恩赐”来推广他的真言。
劇透 -   :
Sharia law is rarely a constant throughout the Caliphate, where magic is considered to be against the teachings of Allah. The faithful treat magic as one of the seven deadly acts and openly oppose its practice within the Arabian Caliphate. Any use of magic within the Caliphate is outlawed. Meanwhile, the Islamic leadership itself is quick to differentiate between magic use and “gifts” handed down to the faithful by Allah. The Sufi, or Islamic mystics, are not magic users. In Caliphate thinking and terminology, they have received the gifts of Allah and use those gifts to advance His word.

这种区别也体现在政治上,伊斯兰教接纳伊本·艾萨(Ibn Eisa)就是一个例子。伊本·艾萨是伊斯兰统一运动(Islamic Unity Movement)的领导人,于2061年遭暗杀,但随后他从坟墓中爬了出来,继续不受到任何挑战地领导自己的秩序,即使他在2064年被揭露为邪魔也依旧如此。
劇透 -   :
This distinction can be political as well, as shown through Islam’s acceptance of Ibn Eisa, leader of the Islamic Unity Movement, who was assassinated in 2061 only to rise from the grave and continue leading his order without challenge, even after he was outed as a shedim in 2064.

引用
菲律宾PHILIPPINES

菲律宾上榜有两个原因:约米岛(Yomi)和胡克(Huk)。约米岛,或者当地人称之为拉古拉古岛,仍然是精魂和泛人类活动的温床。尽管该岛在1961年从日本统治下解放出来,但日本情报机构保留了每个人进出该岛的记录。了解这片水域的走私者秘密地把人们从拉古拉古送出来,以此谋生。
劇透 -   :
The Philippines makes this list for two reasons: Yomi Island and the Huk. Yomi Island, or Lagu Lagu as the natives call it, remains a hotbed of spirit and metahuman activity. Despite the island being liberated from Japanese rule in ‘61, Japanese intelligence keeps records of everyone coming and going from the Island. Smugglers who know the waters earn a decent living moving people to and from Lagu Lagu in secret.

走私者还可以通过将一些激活了魔法天赋的青少年偷渡出境来赚取一些新円,在胡克政府还没来得及抓住他们之前。2073年,地平线的一名记者揭露了马拉维(Marawi)的绑架事件与胡克政府之间的联系,胡克政府因此受到抨击。报告证明,政府军事分支的成员雇佣游击队员绑架儿童,这些儿童被认为具有魔法潜能,可能被招募入伍或用于其他未知的目的。政府否认这个项目的存在,但是绑架事件一直持续到今天。这个问题已经变得如此严重,以至于孩子们拒绝接受天赋检测,担心这会导致他们半夜被从家里掳走。
劇透 -   :
Smugglers can also earn some nuyen smuggling magically active teens out of the country before the Huk government can sink their claws into them. The Huk government came under fire in 2073 when a Horizon reporter exposed a connection between a rash of kidnappings in Marawi and the Huk government. The report proved that members of the government’s military branch hired guerrillas to kidnap children known to have magical potential, possibly to recruit into the army or for other as yet unknown purposes. The government denied this program existed, but the kidnappings continue to this day. The problem has gotten so bad that children are refusing to be tested for the talent in fear that it could lead to them being snatched from their homes in the middle of the night.

引用
> 光天化日,朗朗乾坤。胡克人利用的是前游击战士,他们在胡克人占领国家后拒绝就此归顺政府。这给一个仍在努力维持与联合国的合法性的政府带来了巨大的政治反弹。如果能发现另一个与政府批准的绑架事件相关线索,这将给胡克人带来更多麻烦。
> K街偶客(Kay St. Irregular)
劇透 -   :
> Try broad daylight. The Huks are using former guerrilla warriors who refused to go straight after the Huks seized control of the country. It has created a huge political backlash for a government that is still struggling to maintain legitimacy with the UN. If another link to government-sanctioned kidnappings can be uncovered, it would cause a lot of trouble for the Huk.
> Kay St. Irregular

引用
意大利联邦ITALIAN CONFEDERATION

在意大利联邦,魔法显然是一种馈赠,也是一种诅咒。天主教会的势力遍及全国的每一个家庭。教会的职责就是寻找和招募觉醒孩子以推动其作用。教会认为一个觉醒孩子是上帝的礼物,并把他们送到教团社群,在那里他们会被灌输天主教流派思想和施法方式。
劇透 -   :
Nowhere else is magic so clearly a gift and a curse as in the Italian Confederation. The power of the Catholic Church stretches into every household of the nation. The mandate of the Church to locate and recruit Awakened children drives action. The Church considers a magical child a gift of God and pushes them to orders and societies where they are indoctrinated into the Catholic traditions and ways of magic.

教会在联邦各地进行天赋倾向检测。它是每周礼拜和教导的一部分。如果任意一个孩子怀疑他们被上帝选中接受天赋,他们就会被告知要自我报告。大多数报告者几乎没有什么魔法天赋,他们之所以这样做,只是因为报告给了他们的家人更高的社会地位。
劇透 -   :
The Church runs aptitude testing throughout the Confederation. It is embedded as part of weekly worship and teachings. If any child suspects they have been chosen by God to receive the talent, they are told to self-report. Most reporters have little to no magical aptitude and only do so for the increased social standing reporting gives their family.

引用
提尔纳诺TÍR NA NÓG

生于幕后意味开始生活在一个地方,一个凡事都在你的脚下改变的地方——字面意义。提尔纳诺由魔法控制,而那些天生具有这种馈赠的人们被视为这个优越,觉醒世界的先驱。尽管有天赋的公民受到富人的优待,但穷人和被压迫者并不把觉醒孩子视为进入“明廷”(the Seelie court)的敲门砖。他们知道对于一个觉醒的孩子来说是获得名声和财富的可能性,但他们也知道剥削、陌生的泛位面旅行和疯狂也可能是等式的一部分。
劇透 -   :
Being born behind the veil means starting life in a place where everything is shifting beneath your feat—literally. Tír na nÓg is controlled by magic, and those born with the gift are seen as heralds of this improved, Awakened world. While citizens with the talent are treated well by the  rich, the poor and downtrodden don’t see Awakened kids as instant shoe-ins to the Seelie court. They know fame and wealth is a distinct possibility for an Awakened child, but they also know that exploitation, strange metaplanar journeys, and madness can also be part of the equation.

引用
阿萨巴斯坎委员会ATHABASKAN COUNCIL

在这个地区的部落在“畸形利己主义”的持久谎言中日渐衰弱。你可以自由地练习任何你想要的魔法,只要它是萨满教。那些不遵循部落传统的人被视为被排斥之人。除了萨满以外,大多数“能量遗址”(power sites)都是关闭的,即使如此,遗址也经常被限制在特定图腾追随者的范围内。因此,非萨满流派倾向于秘密地练习他们的魔法,或模仿部落的穿着和仪式,以便混淆。
劇透 -   :
The tribes of this region languish in the enduring lie of “rugged individualism.” You are free to practice any sort of magic you want, so long as it is shamanism. Those who don’t follow tribal tradition are shunned as outcasts. Most power sites are closed to all but shamans, and even then sites are often restricted to particular totem followers. As a result non-shamanic traditions tend to practice their magic in secret or simulate the tribal wear and ritual in order to pass.

引用
> 委员会领导人也意识到了这一点,他们定期让精魂扫荡全国,阅读灵光,看看是否有人在练习萨满教以外的任何东西。这些人被报告给地方当局。所以如果你不是阿萨巴斯坎领土上的萨满,确保你的“星际监视点数”(astral overwatch)是合格的。
> 鸡米No(Jimmy No)
劇透 -   :
> Council leaders are aware of this, and they regularly have spirits sweeping the nation and reading auras to see if they find anyone practicing anything besides shamanism. Those people are reported to local authorities. So if you’re a non-shaman in Athabaskan territory, make sure your astral overwatch is up to snuff.
> Jimmy No

引用
阿兹特兰AZTLAN

要理解阿兹特兰的文化影响,你必须认识到,总统在阿兹特兰的地位很高的同时,也是民族宗教的教皇。这种国家、教会和公司之间的密切关系,推动了从国际关系到国家将未经批准的魔法定为犯罪的一切
劇透 -   :
To understand the cultural impact of Aztlan you have to recognize that the president also serves as the emperor of the national religion while holding a high rank within Aztechnology. This close relationship between state, church, and corporation fuels everything from international relations to the country’s criminalization of unsanctioned magic

在觉醒之前,该地区80%的居民都信奉天主教。随着魔法的回归,对古老阿兹特克诸神的崇拜也随之回归。今天,天主教和所有其他非本地宗教在阿兹特兰是被禁止的,这严重限制了在那里合法练习流派的数量。就如同在阿萨巴斯坎委员会中,出生于萨满流派之外的其他施法者会一样,他们会用阿兹特克诸神的服装来隐藏自己的能力或者掩饰自己。人民站“太阳之径”这边。根据教会的说法,这其中有着一种根深蒂固的文化价值感,以至于母亲们会因为自己的孩子信仰未经批准的宗教而告发他们。
劇透 -   :
Prior to the Awakening, eighty percent of the people living in the region practiced Catholicism. As magic returned, so did worship of the old Aztec Gods. Today Catholicism, along with all other non-native religions, are banned within Aztlan, severely limiting the number of traditions that can be legally practiced there. As with the Athabaskan Council, spellcasters born to other paths than the shamanic traditions hide their abilities or mask them in the garb of the Aztec gods. The people stand by the Path of the Sun. There is an ingrained sense of cultural value in the word of the church, so much so that mothers will turn in their children for practicing unsanctioned religions.

引用
> 如果你不了解阿兹特兰人的大众狂热,你就没有什么生意可“跑”的了。
> 马科斯(Marcos)
劇透 -   :
> If you don’t understand the general fanaticism of the Aztlan people, you have no business running there.
> Marcos

> 如果你不明白如何侵蚀这种狂热并利用它来对付公民,你也没有什么生意可“跑”的了。
> 旅行者琼斯(Traveler Jones)
劇透 -   :
> If you don’t understand how to undermine that fanaticism and use it against the citizens, you also have no business running there.
> Traveler Jones

引用
夏威夷HAWAI’I

夏威夷群岛值得注意的是,在第五纪的偏见只因为觉醒而加强。夏威夷对游客来说是一回事,对当地人来说完全是另一回事,直到现在法律才反映出这种分歧。包括游客和非当地人在内的非土著禁止无证练习魔法。获得许可证是一项为期数天的事务,要求申请人有一位愿意为申请人的行为承担法律责任的本地担保人,就像他们是申请人的监护人一样。能够填满整个数据库的大量文书使得合法练习魔法的非土著只有少数大学教授和企业研究人员。更多的人使用伪造的许可证和偶尔使用公司令状进行非法操作。
劇透 -   :
The islands of Hawai’i are notable in that Fifth World prejudices were only strengthened by the Awakening. Hawai’i remains one thing to tourists and something else entirely to natives, only now the law reflects this divergence. Haole, which covers both visitors and non-natives, are forbidden from practicing magic without a license. Getting a license is a multiple-day affair that requires the petitioner to have a native sponsor who is willing to take legal responsibility for the applicants actions as if they were their guardian. The datastores of paperwork reduced the number of haoles practicing magic legally to a handful of university professors and corporate researchers. More practice magically illegally, using forged permits and occasionally corporate writs.

引用
亚马逊AMAZONIA

要把亚马逊尼亚政府称作除了“栖息在那里的龙之傀儡”之外的任何东西都是个笑话。随着这些龙从与阿兹特兰和彼此的战争中恢复过来,觉醒者成为了高价值的资产,既有助于恢复,也有助于弥补损失。亚马逊情报与安全部门(DISA)试图对该国所有觉醒个体建立档案。DISA利用一个复杂的线人网络来发现新觉醒的魔法师和来访的魔法师。这个间谍组织的手还没伸到一并贫民窟中,但最好相信,如果你接受过测试,那么巨龙就有你的档案。
劇透 -   :
It would be a joke to call the Amazonian government anything more than the puppet of the dragons who nest there. With those dragons recovering from wars against Aztlan and each other, the Awakened are high-value assets, both to assist in that recovery and replace what was lost. The Department of Amazonian Intelligence and Security (DISA) tries to keep a file on all the Awakened entities in the country. DISA utilizes an intricate network of informants to uncover the newly Awakened and visiting magicians alike. The spy organization falls short in some of the ghettos, but it is best to believe that if you’ve been tested, then the dragon has a file on you.

引用
> 哪条龙?瓦帕(Hualpa)?博尤纳(Boiuna)?甚至可能是姆博伊(M 'boi)或者是另一条林德龙(Lindworm)?自从瓦帕和整个国家遭受多重打击以来,最近那里一直是一片混乱。
> 冬鹰(Winterhawk)
劇透 -   :
> Which dragon? Hualpa? Boiuna? Possibly even M’boi or another Lindworm? It’s been a free-for-all down there lately since the multiple blows Hualpa and the nation have taken.
> Winterhawk
« 上次编辑: 2023-08-17, 周四 12:41:46 由 阿飘 »

离线 失语

• Hero
« 回帖 #4 于: 2019-01-07, 周一 15:15:22 »
K-12系统中的魔法MAGIC IN THE K-12 SYSTEM

媒体对魔法的诠释会在社会化的各个机构中产生涟漪效应。学校必须对家长负责,而家长(保佑他们)害怕一切。在世界各地的公立和私立学校,魔法才能测试属于标准化测试的范畴。一些学校系统早在三年级就开始测试,而另一些则等到五年级才开始测试你的孩子是否有魔法天赋。测试每年持续到高中阶段。青春期被广泛认为是觉醒能力开始显现的时期,所以在你高中一年级结束前必须进行测试。科学家们怀疑这个时间与荷尔蒙水平有关,所以研究主要集中在遗传标记和青春期关键化学指标之间的关系。然而,还没有人能够分离出一种特定的基因作为产生魔法能力的原因。觉醒者的孩子常常不是觉醒者这一事实似乎与对魔法的严苛基因解释互相矛盾。
劇透 -   :
Media interpretations of magic ripple across all the institutes of socialization. Schools must answer to parents, and parents (bless their hearts) are afraid of everything. In public and private institutions across the world, testing for magical aptitude falls under the category of standardized testing. Some school systems begin testing as early as third grade, while others wait until fifth grade to see if your child displays magical aptitude. Testing continues annually into the high school years. Puberty is widely accepted as the point where Awakened abilities begin to manifest, so testing is mandated by the end of your freshman year of high school. Scientists suspect that the timing has to do with hormone levels, so research has largely focused on the relationship between genetic markers and the key chemical indicators of puberty. However, no one has been able to isolate a specific gene as the cause of magical ability. The fact that children of Awakened are very frequently not Awakened seems to argue against a strict genetic explanation for magic.

一旦被贴上具有魔法潜能的标签,学校系统就会追踪这个孩子。在某些情况下,比如阿兹特兰和许多东南亚国家的学校系统,孩子们被分成不同的班级,在那里他们的能力可以被持续监控。学区表示这样做的原因是为了帮助孩子发挥他们的潜力,但如此划分更常见的是为了安全。
劇透 -   :
Once tagged as having magical potential, children are tracked by the school system. In some cases, such as school systems in Aztlan and many Southeast Asian nations, kids are separated out into classes where their abilities can be monitored. School districts say the reasoning behind this is to help the child reach their potential, but more often the separation is about security.

引用
> 谁的安全?孩子们吗?学校吗?划分更多的是为了把这些年幼魔法师放在一个泡泡里,这样当局就可以密切关注这些力量是如何发展的,以便有朝一日利用它们。K-12学校向大学和企业出售数据库记录已经不是什么秘密。数据挖掘者翻查学校记录,以确定招募目标。你的学校招的人越多,你的学校就越声名狼藉,你的口袋里的钱就会越多。
> 肾升压素(Nephrine)
劇透 -   :
> Whose security? The kids? The schools? The separation is more about putting the magic kid in a bubble so authorities can keep a closer eye on how those powers develop in order to take advantage of them one day. It is no secret that K-12 schools sell database records to universities and corporations. Data miners troll through school records in order to identify recruitment targets. The more people get recruited from your school, the more notoriety your school gains, the more nuyen ends up in your pocket.
> Nephrine

> 只要有一个孩子不小心从攀爬架上摔下来,就会有一大群人尖叫是那个年幼魔法师如何如何利用她的力量推他下来。除非设立里昂贵的“监视结界”,否则学校无法追踪在这一层面上使用魔法的人。孩子们可以推脱“他的能力让我觉得不安全”这种狗屁话。事实上,这个年幼魔法师将会成为欺凌的目标,而不是成为欺凌者。在那个年龄段,能力是不可预测的,大多数孩子都害怕,不敢真正使用它们。
> 莱兰(Lyran)
劇透 -   :
> All it takes is one kid accidentally falling off a jungle gym and everyone’s screaming about how the magic kid used her powers to push him. Short of erecting expensive detection wards, schools can’t track who is using magic on that level. Kids can get away with that “his abilities make me feel unsafe” drek. The fact is the magic kid is going to be the target of bullying a hell of a lot more than being the bully. Powers are extremely unpredictable at that age, and most kids are too terrified to actually use them.
> Lyran

在世界上大部分地方,学前魔法测试都是可选选项。令人惊讶的是,很少有学生选择不参加测试。一项“2068年觉醒世界研究课题”发现,精灵拒绝测试的比例明显高于其他种族。研究表明,拒绝测试引发的社会污名所起的作用,要比害怕被发现成为觉醒者所起的作用大得多。但这对精灵来说并不适用,根据传闻他们之所以拒绝更多的是因为被认为没有能力而被排挤在外。
劇透 -   :
The pre-high school magical testing process is optional in most of the world. Surprisingly, few students opt out of the testing. A 2068 Awakened World Research study found that elves refused testing at a significantly higher rate than other racial groups. The study suggested refusing the test tends to do more with the social stigma of refusing than it does any fear of being found out as Awakened. This doesn’t hold true for elves, who reported that the refusal had more to do with being outed as not having abilities.

引用
> 好吧,那太可怕了。想象一下,作为一个笨拙的十几岁的女孩,只是想要融入环境。现在试着掩盖这样一个事实:你几乎无法控制自己的魔法潜力,让整个新生班级充满了热核和法力球。
> 阳光(Sunshine)
劇透 -   :
> Well that’s simply terrifying. Imagine being an awkward teenage girl just trying to fit in. Now throw in trying to hide the fact that you have the barely controllable magical potential to go nuclear and powerball the entire freshman class.
> Sunshine

> 这简直为“少年荒原”一词赋予了新的意义。(校注:少年荒原指那些少年们聚集在一起浪费时间的地方,差生高中,网吧,诸如此类)
> 无耻政客(Snopes)
劇透 -   :
> Gives a new meaning to Teenage Wasteland.
> Snopes
« 上次编辑: 2023-08-17, 周四 12:42:32 由 阿飘 »

离线 失语

• Hero
« 回帖 #5 于: 2019-01-08, 周二 14:48:27 »
学院生活COLLEGE LIFE

觉醒者的大学生活是一种与K-12截然不同的体验。学术界直到觉醒五年后才开始承诺支持魔法。现在,魔法作为一个研究领域,除了纳米技术之外,它比任何其他领域都能获得更多的资助和合同资金。加州大学洛杉矶分校声称自己是第一所授予奇术博士学位的大学,但在这之前,牛津大学和奥斯陆综合大学都开设了魔法认知课程。尽管如此,MIT&T仍是最知名的课程,也是为数不多的为非觉醒者提供魔法学位的课程之一。
劇透 -   :
Awakened life is a very different experience in college than in K-12. Academia did not get around to pledging support to magic until about five years after the Awakening. Now magic as a field of study draws in more grant and contract dollars than any other field save for nanotechnology. UCLA claims to be the first university to have conferred a Doctorate of Thaumaturgy, but before such things had names Oxford and the University of Oslo were offering courses of study in Magical Awareness. Still, MIT&T is the most well-known program and one of a handful to offer magical degrees to non-Awakened individuals.

引用
> 等等,什么?你怎么能给一个不会魔法的人一个魔法学位?
> 无耻政客
劇透 -   :
> Wait, what? How can you give a magical degree to someone who can’t wield magic?
> Snopes

> 本科课程资助大学的日常运作。课程能力旨在提供最大限度的访问,以产生最大的收入。所以,如果你有足够的钱去上课,你就可以不用念咒也能拿到魔法专业的本科学位。这是很少见,但是非施法者仍然可以在研究生阶段继续发挥作用,在研究生阶段,学位路线可以分为研究/哲学和应用方式追踪设计。
> 伊利亚(Elijah)
劇透 -   :
> Undergraduate courses fund day-to-day university operations. Course competencies are designed to provide maximum access in order to generate maximum revenue. So, if you have the nuyen to take the classes, you can feasibly earn an undergraduate degree in magic without ever casting a spell. It’s rare, but non-spellslingers can still play at graduate level where degree paths diverge into Research/Philosophy and Application-styled tracks.
> Elijah

> MIT&T魔法专业的本科课程更多的是了解魔法是如何运作的,而不是磨练你的个人能力。当你和一个没有法师的团队一起狂奔时,这些课程尤其有用。他们会告诉你如何知晓魔法什么时候会对你起作用。
> /dev/grrl
劇透 -   :
> The Magical Studies Undergraduate Program at MIT&T is more about understanding how magic works than honing your individual abilities. The courses are especially useful when you’re running with a crew that doesn’t have a mage. They tell you how to know when magic is working against you.
> /dev/grrl

大学为魔法师们提供了最稳定的职业道路,但这也带来了一个问题,因为魔法师们最终往往与他们毕业的大学有着相同的风格,从而剥夺了形体的个性。总的来说,在奇术领域,授予的学位包括助理学位、学士学位、硕士学位和博士学位。奇术学院的组织引发了关于如何教授魔法的争论。传统的做法是将奇术学视为大学水平的一门科学。魔法师构建法术公式并遵循植根于理性的流派。较新的课程将魔法与艺术学院联系得更紧密,将流派视为独立的艺术形式,并授予学士和硕士学位。
劇透 -   :
Universities present the most consistent career path for magicians, but they create a problem because magicians often end up with the same flavor as their university, taking away from the individuality of the form. Overall there are Associate, Bachelors, Masters, and Doctoral level degrees conferred in Thaumaturgy. The organization of Thaumaturgy colleges has sparked debate how magic should be taught. Traditionally speaking, Thaumaturgy is considered a science at the university level. Magicians construct spell formulae and follow traditions rooted in reason. Newer programs relate magic more closely to schools of art, treating the traditions as individual art forms and conferring Thaumaturgic Arts degrees at the Bachelors and Masters levels.

引用
> 美国奇术进步协会(AAAT)和其他学术管理机构在决定什么算学术魔法,什么才不算时,一直生活在政治的噩梦之中。这些机构每年在法国马赛举行一次由DIMR主持的会议。AAAT倾向于将魔法定义为一门学术科学,这就是为什么赫尔墨斯启蒙常常需要包含到一篇论文。2069年会议最终接受了萨满研究作为博士学位的一种方式。
> 鸡米No
劇透 -   :
> The American Association for the Advancement of Thaumaturgy (AAAT) and other academic governing bodies live with the political nightmare of deciding what does and does not count as academic magic. These bodies hold a conference every year in Marseille hosted by the DIMR. AAAT leans towards defining magic as an academic science, which is why hermetic initiations often involve a thesis. The 2069 conference finally accepted Shamanastic Studies as a ThD degree path.
> Jimmy No

> 将魔法定义为“奇术艺术”还是“奇术科学”的争论陷入了政治流沙之中。没有暗影狂奔者会在意你是否拥有魔法硕士或者博士学位,但是它会影响大学水平和公司内部的薪级表。如果你拥有博士学位,大学和公司会给你更多的报酬。这种思维方式甚至会渗透到约翰逊雇佣你去做一份工作。事实上,拥有学位会影响你的工作质量以及客户愿意支付多少。
> 冬鹰
劇透 -   :
> The debate between defining magic as Thaumaturgic Arts or Thaumaturgic Sciences is mired in political quicksand. No shadowrunner cares if you have a M.M. or ThD, but it affects payscale at the university level and within corporations. Universities and corporations pay you more if you hold a doctoral degree. That thinking even filters down to the Johnson hiring you to pull a job. The fact is, having the degree can affect the quality of work you get and how much the client is willing to pay.
> Winterhawk

慢慢地,其他范式也正基于它们对支持机构的利益而被接受和培养。波士顿郊外的韦尔斯利学院(Wellesley College)开始招募物理修士,并通过舞蹈的形式来训练他们驾驭自己的能力。当地企业很快就抓住了这种基于艺术方法的潜力,因此,这种方法在贸易学校和专业企业教育中越来越普遍。在这些类型的课程中,授予的学位是“应用魔法硕士”(Applied Magic, M.M.).
劇透 -   :
Slowly other paradigms are being accepting and cultivated based on their benefit to the supporting institution. Wellesley College outside of Boston began recruiting physical adepts and training them to harness their abilities through forms of dance. Local corporations quickly glommed on to the potential of this art-based methodology, so it is becoming more common in trade schools and specialized corporate schooling. In these types of programs, the degree conferred is a Masters of Applied Magic, M.M.

引用
> 令我惊讶的是博士生们与我之间的联系有多么频繁,他们希望我能帮助他们找到一种特殊的试剂、一些晦涩模糊的魔法规则的背景数据,以及其他什么。获得博士学位需要大量的专业知识,如果没有那些与暗影有关联之人的帮助,这些知识是很难获得的。
> 伊利亚
劇透 -   :
> I’m surprised at how often I’m contacted by Doctoral students looking for help running down a particular reagent, background data on some obscure magical order, and what not. Getting the Doctorate requires a tremendous amount of specialized knowledge that can be hard to come by without the help of those connected to the shadows.
> Elijah

对于那些追随萨满教道途的人来说,大学学位几乎没有什么用处。萨满教的研究是以导师为基础,有些人(包括我自己)与图腾精魂一起工作并开发这种联系。这比从一个人那里接受培训要好,因为一个人会教给你他认为在觉醒世界中有用的一切,就像通过他们的偏见和敏感性折射出来一样。你的图腾精魂是你的流派和能力最真实的反映,所以你所接受的学习更加突出了你所能做的。更重要的是,它会引导你走向你应该走的道路。我为“狼”服务,从“狼”身上我学到了我作为萨满所需要的全部潜力。我偶尔也和别人一起学习,但没有任何训练能像“狼”那样帮我找到自己的路。
劇透 -   :
For those who follow the path of shamanism there is little a university degree can offer. Shamanic studies are mentor based and some (including myself) work with the totem spirit and develop that relationship. This is preferable to training from an individual, because an individual will teach you all that he feels is useful to function in the Awakened world, as refracted through their biases and sensibilities. Your totem spirit is the truest reflection of your tradition and capabilities, so the learning you receive accentuates what you can do. More importantly it leads you to the path you are meant to follow. I serve Wolf, and from Wolf I learn all I need to in order to fulfill my total potential as a shaman. I have studied with others on occasion, but no training helped me to find my way in the same manner as Wolf.

近年来,迎合觉醒者需求的社区大学数量激增。管理人员发现,在魔法的早期,很多觉醒者都被忽视,以至于现在有相当数量的中年学生回到教室,去发现他们能做什么。他们中的大多数缺乏大学训练的纪律,或者几乎没有什么魔法的潜力,因此为期一两年的重点课程就足以让他们的能力最大化。
劇透 -   :
In recent years there has been a spike in the number of community colleges that cater to the Awakened. Administrators found that so many Awakened were overlooked in the early days of magic that there currently is a marketable number of middle-aged students returning to the classroom to discover what they can do. The majority of them lack the discipline for university training or have so little magical potential that a two-year focused program is enough to maximize their abilities.

此外,两年制学院以社区为基础的性质更适合非流派的途径。大学专注于奇术科学,而社区大学仍然致力于满足社区的课程需求。因此,在波士顿爱尔兰区附近的社区大学里,开设一门德鲁伊历史课程要比开设一门韦斯特菲尔德神学课程(Westphelian Theurgists)容易得多。
劇透 -   :
Additionally, the community-based nature of twoyear colleges lends itself better to non-traditional pathways. Universities focus on the science of Thaumaturgy, while CCs remain dedicated to the curriculum needs of the community. So it would be easier to find a class on Druidic history at the CC down near Boston’s Irish quarter than it would be, say a class on Westphelian Theurgists.

引用
> 对于无码者来说,CC系统比大学更安全,因为CCs是由当地政府资助,这意味着他们不会向企业和专修大学出售学生的信息。
> 错误(Glitch)
劇透 -   :
> The CC system is a safer bet than universities for the SINless, given that the CCs are locally funded, meaning they supposedly won’t be selling information about their students to the corps and major universities.
> Glitch

> 恰好拥有自己的跨国公司“百夫长服务集团”(Centurion Services Group)的市长乔纳森布莱克(Jonathan Blake)支持了贝尔维尤社区学院(Bellevue Community College)。同样地,坐落于CAS奥斯汀分校北岭的CC课程完全由“孤星”公司支持。许多其他CCs和私立大学都是由匿名捐赠者资助的,这就对捐赠的真正目的提出了质疑。
> 邦德先生(Mr. Bonds)
劇透 -   :
> Mayor Jonathan Blake, who happens to own the multinational Centurion Services Group, backs Bellevue Community College. Likewise, the Northridge CC program down in Austin, CAS is wholly backed by Lone Star. Many other CCs and private colleges are funded by anonymous donors, which raises questions about the true purpose of the donations.
> Mr. Bonds

引用
表格:美国进步协会的觉醒学位领域奇术列表
AMERICAN ASSOC. FOR THE ADVANCEMENT OF THAUMATURGY LIST OF AWAKENED DEGREE FIELDS

神秘考古学炼成学
星界研究同调
专注净化
预言风水
法医魔法地卜
超物理学泛位面研究
神秘学应用咒术
心灵占卜身心学
萨满教研究奇物学
应用奇术魔法理论

劇透 -   :
Arcanoarchaeology     Artificing
Astral Studies          Attunement
Centering           Cleansing          
Divination          Feng Shui
Forensic Magic       Geomancy
Metaphysics          Metaplanar Studies
Occult Studies        Practical Conjuration
Psychometry          Somatics
Shamanistic Studies    Talismongering
Applied Thaumaturgy    Theoretical Magic
« 上次编辑: 2019-06-15, 周六 14:36:21 由 失语 »

离线 失语

• Hero
« 回帖 #6 于: 2019-01-10, 周四 10:17:46 »
为“老大”工作WORKING FOR THE MAN

我得痛苦地承认,魔法本身欠了公司一大笔债。那些雇佣走狗法师的家伙们是第一批在第六纪接纳魔法的群体之一。虽然施法者和修士只占世界人口的一小部分,但我们所拥有的力量使我们面临着极大的安全风险。企业首先试图理解魔法是如何起作用的,然后迅速行动起来,找到利用魔法——还有我们自己的方法。早期的施法者和社交媒体的先驱者一样获利颇多。这种无形之力的新颖之处在于,它允许那些足够精明的人迈入真空地带,提供人们渴望已久的服务。第一批施法者自己设定了价格比率。一些人甚至利用这一点成为了企业所有者,并继续在企业游戏中扮演角色。
劇透 -   :
It pains me to admit that magic owes a great debt to the corporations. Wagemasters were among the first to embrace magic in the Sixth World. Though spellcasters and adepts are barely a fractional portion of the world population, the power we wield makes us extreme security risks. Corporations first sought to understand how magic worked and moved quickly to find ways to exploit it—and us. Early spellcasters profited much in the same way as pioneers of social media. The newness of invisible power allowed those savvy enough to step into the void and provide a much-desired service. The first spellcasters set their own rates. A few even parlayed that into corporate ownership and remain players in the corporate game.

引用
> 多名之人描绘了施法者和超企之间的美好关系,但他并没有告诉你们的是,他在掩盖这些公司多年来犯下的赤裸裸的虐待行为。在早期,日本公司会绑架具有魔法活动的个体,并对他们进行实验,试图找出是什么让他们与众不同。
> 恶鬼美星(Mihoshi Oni)
劇透 -   :
> Man-Of-Many-Names paints a few pretty brushstrokes of the relationship between spellslingers and corps, but he isn’t telling you that he’s covering over several years of outright abuse perpetrated by these same corporations. In the early days the Japanacorps would kidnap magically active individuals and experiment on them, trying to find out what made them special.
> Mihoshi Oni

> 阿兹特科技收集法师的仪式样本作为安全措施,以确保他们在被绑架时能够被找到。这与收集高管样本的道理是一样的。
> 强制退出(Hard Exit)
劇透 -   :
> Aztechnology collects ritual samples of its mages as a security precaution to ensure they can be located if abducted. This is the same reasoning used to collect samples of top execs.
> Hard Exit

> 每一家有能力这样做的公司都会抽取仪式样本。你应该问的真正问题是:谁在控制着样本?
> 邦德先生(Mr. Bonds)
劇透 -   :
> Every corporation with the means to do so takes ritual samples. The real question you ought to be asking is: Who controls the samples?
> Mr. Bonds

> 美洲虎卫士控制着这些样本,并将它们储存在亚马逊地区的安全设施中。我之所以知道是因为我曾试图搞定一个。但是事实我无法突破那里——他们在那边设立的符咒相当致命。
> 麻烦(Ma’Fan)
劇透 -   :
> The Jaguar Guard controls the samples and stores them in secured facilities throughout Amazonia. I know because I tried to hit one. I couldn’t break through—the ju ju they have down there is beyond lethal.
> Ma’Fan

> 听起来,比起为大公司工作,你可能最好给那些小机构工作以升职加薪,赢得更好的机会来宣传你自己那点臭名声。直到你被一个大雇主挖走。
> 基亚(Kia)
劇透 -   :
> It sounds like instead of going to work for a mega, you might be better off working for the smaller outfits better chance for promotions and notoriety. That is until you get poached by one of the bigger houses.
> Kia

选择把自己卖给一家公司确实危险无比,有些人甚至会说这个选择愚蠢万分,然而这其中的某些好处和吸引力却足以动摇我们当中最激进的人。公司雇佣自由职业者是因为他们具有丰富的技能匹配,这些技能他们自身是极度缺乏的。因此,雇佣公司持续为专业的魔法使用者支付高额新円,甚至可以容忍我们的怪癖。公司规模越小,他们就越愿意提供服务,以避免魔法人才被挖走。
劇透 -   :
The choice to sell yourself to a corporation is dangerous and some might say asinine, however the benefits hold enough allure to sway even the most radical of us. Corporations hire freelancers because they fill a skillset that would otherwise be unavailable to them. As such, hiring corporations continue pay top nuyen for specialized magic users, even going so far as to put up with our eccentricities. The smaller the corporation, the more they are willing to offer, in order to avoid seeing magical talent lured away.

那些在公司里出生的人有着完全不同的人生道路。公司的控制管理从他很年幼时期就开始,其个人几乎从出生开始就被专业化和追踪化。这既是公司本身的职务,也是公司家族的职务。对父母来说,拥有觉醒之子就意味着即刻的升职。这让他们进入了另一个阶层,唯一的代价就是让他们的孩子接受严格的企业培训。
劇透 -   :
Those born to in corporations have an entirely separate path. Corporate control starts at a young age, and individuals are specialized and tracked, almost from birth. This is as much a function of the corporate family as of the corporation itself. Having Awakened children means instant advancement for the parents. It moves them to another echelon, and the only cost is subjecting their children to the rigors of corporate training.

为超企工作意味着你可以获得别处找不到的资源。而造访公司资源的成本则是你为公司做的每件事都会产生记录。即使是账外工作或“黑色”工作,也会被约翰逊记录下来,偶尔也会被他们的上级记录下来,以查看某名干员是否有进入企业的资格。
劇透 -   :
Working for the corps can mean access to resources you won’t find elsewhere. The cost of that access is that everything you do for a corporation is recorded somewhere. Even off-book or ‘black’ jobs are logged by Mr. Johnson, and occasionally their superiors, in order to see if the operator is corporate material.

引用
> 我不知道公司给你做了多少工作,但是你在这里给我们喂的狗屎让你闻起来像个傻逼玩意儿。公司档案一直在雇佣魔法特工更多的是为了诱捕那些人,而不是检查他们是否可靠。为了回收足够的材料以构成仪式样本,他们派出净化人员前往现场,却被一名狂奔者逮着,至此五行在巫人中的名声一落千丈。
> 无耻政客
劇透 -   :
> I don’t know how much corporate work you do, but the line of drek you’re feeding us here makes you smell like a n00b. The file corps keep on magical operatives has more to do with ensnaring that person than checking to see if they are reliable. Wuxing got real unpopular with local Wujen after a runner caught them sending a cleanup crew to the op site in order to recover enough material to constitute a ritual sample.
> Snopes

每家公司在如何追求并最终利用魔法方面都略微有不同的立场。至少,少数几个主要魔法玩家需要增加理解什么才是值得你去获取新円的。
劇透 -   :
Every corporation takes a slightly different stance on how they pursue and ultimately utilize magic. It is worth your nuyen to increase your understanding of at least the a handful of major magic players.

引用
五行WUXING

五行的上升潜力非常强大,值得关注,但却一直没有得到重视。在十大超企中,五行有时候是最容易被忽视的那一个。在邓凯尔赞的遗嘱中,五行被赠予两亿新円和两件神秘的魔法物品,从而声名鹊起。把握五行在魔法领域资产的龙头把手乃是“明解(Ming Solutions)魔法资产整合公司。明与五行的建筑部门紧密合作,确保所有的新式建筑都是按照风水的原则设计。如果你擅长的领域是地卜学或与气打交道,与五行的合作可以提供你提升技艺的机会。
劇透 -   :
Wuxing is a rising power that deserves attention but doesn’t get it. Sometimes the most overlooked of the Big Ten, Wuxing gained prominence after being gifted two hundred million nuyen and two mysterious magical items in Dunkelzahn’s will. Chief among Wuxing’s assets in the magic field is Ming Solutions, a magical asset integration company. Ming works closely with Wuxing’s construction arm to ensure that all new construction is designed around the principles of Feng Shui. If your field is geomancy or the pursuit of qi, working with Wuxing can provide the opportunity to advance your craft.

引用
三津滨MITSUHAMA

MCT是世界魔法产品的领导者。他们的“奇术研究部门”运营着一个受到顶尖大学青睐的魔法研究数据库。三津滨魔法帝国的宝石——“五星派送”,是世界上第二大奇物(telesma)公司。也因此,他们将“你是皇帝并不意味着你能保住皇冠”这条道理一直牢记于心。在伦敦,格伦道尔出口公司(Glendower Export Associates)想要挤入“五星派送”的地盘,参与这场战争的士兵们将能得到丰厚的酬劳。
劇透 -   :
MCT is a world leader in magical goods. Their Thaumaturgical Research Division operates a magical research database favored by top universities. The gem of the Mitsuhama magical empire, Pentacle Distribution, is the number two telesma corporation in the world. They would do well to remember that just because you’re the emperor it doesn’t mean the crown is safe. In London, Glendower Export Associates trying to muscle into Pentacle Distribution turf, and there is a lot of money to be had as a soldier in that war.

引用
阿瑞斯宏科技ARES MACROTECHNOLOGY

不管他们怎么宣传,阿瑞斯首先是一家军事解决方案公司。阿瑞斯的“看火人”被认为是UCAS对抗虫精魂的第一道防线,在虫巢成为问题之前便找到并摧毁它们。侦察可疑的虫巢往往被外包给暗影狂奔者小队,这些小队更了解虫巢所在的当地环境。阿瑞斯也不只是想在我们的位面上和虫子开战。他好几家子公司正在研究如何在这些虫子到达我们的位面之前将其消灭。真正前沿的外位面研究已经在“魁北克奇术师研究所”(Institut Thaumaturgique du Québec)进行。阿瑞斯将研究所的部分工作外包给具有探索泛位面丰富经验的专家。
劇透 -   :
Despite what they advertise, Ares is a military solutions company first. Ares Firewatch is considered the UCAS’ first line of defense against insect spirits, locating and destroying hives before they become a problem. Scouting out suspected bug hives tends to be contracted out to shadowrunner teams who have a better understanding of whatever local environment might be hosting the hive. Ares isn’t just trying to wage war against the bugs on our plane either. Several Ares subsidiaries are engaged in researching how to strike at the bugs before they reach us. The real cutting-edge extraplanar research has been happening at Institut Thaumaturgique du Québec. Ares contracts out some of the institute work to specialists with extensive experience exploring the metaplanes.

引用
> 在CatCo破产后,阿瑞斯收购了“魁北克奇术师研究所”。阿瑞斯没有将这家研究公司与“薛西斯实证研究所”(Xerxes Positive Research)合并,而是在达米安·奈特的要求下与之保持距离。这一措施被证明是明智之举。ITQ(译注:魁北克研究所的缩写)在被一家超企恶意收购一年后几乎没有存活下来。在收购投标中列出的大多数公司都与天龙基金会有间接联系,包括“机械动态”(MechAnima)、“天秤座控股”(Libra Holdings)和“百夫长财政”(Centurion Financial),这进一步证明是纳贾·戴维娅(Nadja Daviar)精心策划的收购投标。
> 邦德先生
劇透 -   :
> Ares acquired Institut Thaumaturgique du Québec when CatCo crumbled. Instead of merging the research corp with Xerxes Positive Research, Ares held it at a distance at the behest of Damian Knight himself. The move turned out to be a smart one. ITQ barely survived a hostile takeover by a conglomerate of companies a year after its acquisition. Most of those companies listed in the takeover bid were indirectly connected to the Draco Foundation, including MechAnima, Libra Holdings, and Centurion Financial, strengthening the claim that it was a bid orchestrated by Nadja Daviar.
> Mr. Bonds

引用
阿兹特科技AZTECHNOLOGY

阿兹特科因其变态行为而闻名,尤其血魔法在那里非常常见,但它远不止如此。例如,该公司对德鲁伊的魔法同样非常感兴趣。德鲁伊的“地心仪式”(The earth-centric rituals)将为他们在亚马逊地区的扩张提供力量,并给予他们某种抵御丛林自身的力量。
劇透 -   :
Aztech is known for its perversions, specifically the blood magic that is commonplace there, but it is more than that. The corp is very much interested in druidic magic, for example. The earth-centric rituals of Druidism would lend power to their expansion into Amazonia and give them something of a defense against the jungle itself.

引用
水野魔法技术SUICHINI MAGICAL MECHANICS

龙拥有一家公司并不是什么新鲜事,但龙树并没有表现出这种以利润为基础的本能。为了资助魔法研究,85%的公司利润被重新投入公司。
劇透 -   :
A dragon owning a corporation is nothing new, but Ryumyo hasn’t shown the profit-based instincts of his kind when it comes to this corporation. Eighty-five percent of corporate profits are put back into the corporation in order to fund magical research. 

引用
> 剩下的15%被洗净,晾干,运送到极道的各个利益集团,通常是作为提供服务的回报。有时,水野的资本最终会流入暗影狂奔者以对抗律贼(Vory)。最近,我遇到过许多私人承包商,他们通过水野和极道共同拥有的皮包公司获得报酬,用于探索西伯利亚西部平原。
> 恶鬼美星
劇透 -   :
> The other fifteen percent are washed, dried, and shipped out to various Yakuza interests, often as a payoff for services rendered. Occasionally Suichini capital ends up funding shadowruns against the Vory. Recently I’ve met with a lot of private contractors who are being paid through shell companies shared by Suichini and the Yakuza to explore the West Siberian Plains.
> Mihoshi Oni

边栏:跨协会企业内部搜索网TRANS-UNION INTERCORP SEARCHNET

搜索参数:顶级魔法物品和服务标签
搜索结果:超企结果列表……
劇透 -   :
Search Parameters: Top Magical Goods and Services Labels
Search Results: Multinational results listed …

神秘服务提供商ARCANE SERVICE PROVIDERS
魔法力伞兵盾
阿瑞斯看火人秘法与魔法
赫尔技术联合公司明解
元素服务里斯奥秘
百夫长应用魔法
      (前为“克罗斯应用魔法”)
神明咨询远见
劇透 -   :
Manadyne             Parashield
Ares Firewatch          Mysticks and Magicks
HermeTech Associates       Ming Solutions
Elementals’ Services       Rees Arcana
Centurion Applied Magicks     
(Formerly Cross Applied Magicks)
Kami Consulting          Farsight

魔法物品制造商MAGICAL GOODS MANUFACTURERS
皮拉米德奥秘供应   五星派送
阿凯纳姆   奇点
魔网   魔法力制造

劇透 -   :
Pyramid Arcane Supplies    Pentacle Distribution
The Arcanum             TalisPoint
Magicknet             Manadyne Manufacturing

学识商店LORE STORES
伊普斯苏姆   学识商店有限公司
魔哲伦   阴与阳
五角星   倒五角星

劇透 -   :
Ipissumus             Lore Stores Inc.
MageWerks             Yin and Yang
Pentacles             Pentagrams

魔法印记与魔法出版物MAGICAL IMPRINTS & PUBLICATIONS
五角星出版社   安布罗修斯出版物
倒五角星出版社   魔思
学识网

劇透 -   :
Pentacle Press          Ambrosius Publications
Pentagram Publishing       MagicMind
LoreNet
« 上次编辑: 2019-06-29, 周六 10:38:01 由 失语 »

离线 失语

• Hero
« 回帖 #7 于: 2019-01-14, 周一 10:47:11 »
为教会工作WORKING FOR THE CHURCH

曾经的主要宗教已经不再一边高呼“恶魔!”一边将十字架举到施法者额头,他们发现魔法可能是一种非常有用的动员工具。宗教建立在以相信看不见的东西为前提,但它必须解释看得见的东西。当施法者坐在你旁边的长凳上向同一个上帝祈祷时,这就更容易达到目的。
劇透 -   :
Once major religions stopped shouting “Demon!” and holding crosses to the foreheads of spellcasters, they figured out that magic could be a helpful recruiting tool. Religion is based on the premise of believing in things that cannot be seen, but it must account for the things that can be seen. This is more easily accomplished when the folks doing the casting are sitting in the pew beside you praying to the same God.

这就是问题所在。为了真正掌握这门技艺,尤其是那些更高阶级的启蒙者,魔法师必须意识到范式只不过是范式——仅仅是我们用来展示魔法世界奥秘的古老传统。这种理解揭示了信条(belief)的真理,它常常与第六纪的现实形成对比。
劇透 -   :
Therein lies the problem. To truly gain mastery of the craft, especially at the higher levels of initiation, a magician must become aware that the paradigms are just that—age-old traditions we use in order to manifest the mysteries of the magical world. That understanding exposes a truth about belief that often contrasts with the realities of the Sixth World.

世界上大多数宗教相信他们的话语才是唯一的真理。魔法和泛位面的存在表明,可能有不止一种明显的信仰。我相信把厨房和我的生活空间分隔开来的那块石墙是一种更高的力量,我祈祷它能给我指引,但除非有其他人和我有同样的信条(belief),否则它就不是一种信仰(faith)。从某种意义上说,信仰(faith)是一种共有的信条(belief),即使是邪教也可以成为一种有组织的信仰(faith)。通过这种信仰(faith),教会的觉醒成员可以获得启蒙的能力并且培养他们自己的能力。
劇透 -   :
Most world religions are predicated on the belief that their word is the one true word. The existence of magic and the metaplanes suggests there may be more than one manifest faith. I can believe the slice of stone wall dividing my kitchen from my living space is a higher power and pray to that for guidance, but unless there are others who share my beliefs it isn’t a faith. In the sense that faith is shared belief, even a cult can become an organized faith. Through that faith Awakened members of a church can gain the ability to initiate and grow their abilities.

引用
> 山达基教会,曾经在富人中一度被认为是极具流行的狂热崇拜对象和避税天堂,在40年代后期,它们跨越了信仰的门槛,它的成员开始显示出魔法能力,并在教会内部构成了一个教团。通过这个过程,成员们可以察觉到他们的精神意识。
> 伊利亚
劇透 -   :
> The Church of Scientology, once recognized as a fad cult and tax shelter for the rich, crossed the threshold to faith in the late forties when its members began manifesting magical abilities and formed an order within the ranks of the church. This order now oversees auditing of new members, the process by which members uncover their spiritual awareness.
> Elijah

宗教既关乎信仰,也关乎全体成员。宗教需要人才能够发扬光大,而随着前基督教在觉醒后突然获得突出地位,三大宗教意识到它的威胁。基督教、犹太教和伊斯兰教曾一度团结在一起,但其目的极其有限:仅仅是为了将所有新宗教贴上新异教徒主义的标签,并予以谴责。新异教徒主义将威卡教、德鲁伊教、阿萨特鲁、印第安崇拜等许多多神论神话文本粗劣地拼凑在一起。这段贴标签的时期极其短暂,宗教三巨头的尝试最终依然由于大量追随者投奔新信仰(从某些角度来看也可以成为“古老信仰”)而以失败告终。
劇透 -   :
Religion is about membership as much as it is about faith. Religions need people in order to flourish, and as pre-Christian religions gained sudden prominence following the Awakening, the big three recognized the threat for what it was. Christianity, Judaism, and Islam united for one flickering moment, though with the limited purpose of labeling these new religions as neopaganism and denouncing them. Neopaganism lumps together a number of polytheistic texts, cobbling the mythos of Wicca, Druidism, Asatru, Native American worship to name a few. The labeling was brief and managed only to slightly limit the number of followers the big three lost to the newer (or older, from some points of view) faiths.

引用
> 谴责新异教徒主义背后的意图远比这更阴险。如果只是为了保留成员资格,他们也会谴责印度教和道教。我所能说的是,教会开始学龙玩起了后期运营。
> 霜寒
劇透 -   :
> The intentions behind the denouncement neopaganism were far more insidious than that. If it were just about preserving membership, they would have called out Hinduism and Taoism as well. All I can say is the churches play the long game nearly as well as dragons do.
> Frosty

真理之战远未结束。为了追求自身目标,他们开始转向暗影寻找需要的人才。留意这些潜在雇主:
劇透 -   :
The battle to be the true word is far from over. Many of faith have turned to the shadows to find the talent they need to pursue their goals. Take note of these potential employers:

引用
天主教会THE CATHOLIC CHURCH

梵蒂冈的力量遍及世界各地,对一些人来说就像阳光般温暖,对另一些人来说就像污染环境的雾霾。由“圣徒事业会众”(the Congregation for the Causes of the Saints)制定的,能轻松接受魔法的教会体系已经就位,也因此他们有可能顺利过渡到一个魔法的世界。第五纪的魔法虽然被认为是某种奇迹或是魔鬼的杰作,但它们仍被认为是存在于这个世界上的东西。然而,由于教会高级官员对新泛类型和魔法的消极应对,减缓了他们在觉醒对整体魔法的接受。不过气候已经回暖,如今除了最保守的会众以外,所有的会众都将魔法融入了他们的神学世界观中。他们区分好魔法和坏魔法的依据是你是否在为教会服务,是否遵循教会接受的流派。后者并非为绝对;教会会雇佣觉醒者,不管他们的流派是什么,只要他们有能力完成需要的工作即可。
劇透 -   :
The power of the Vatican reaches across the world like rays of sunlight to some, like polluting smog to others. They had the potential to make a smooth transition to a magical world, as the structure for the acceptance of magic was already in place, laid out by the Congregation for the Causes of the Saints. Acts of magic in the Fifth World were deemed miracles or relegated as the work of the devil, but they were acknowledged as something that existed in the world. Negative reactions to new metatypes and magic by the highest officials of the church, however, slowed their acceptance of magic as a whole after the Awakening. The climate has thawed, though, and today all but the most conservative congregations incorporate magic into their theological worldview. They distinguish between good magic and bad based on whether or not you are practicing your craft in service of the Church and in accordance with a tradition the Church accepts. This last part is not absolute; the Church will hire the Awakened regardless of tradition so long as the have the skills to complete the needed work.

引用
伊斯兰ISLAM

对于一个发现自己拥有魔法潜力的真主之子来说,这可能是一条极其艰难的道路。除非伊斯兰教的法律明确允许,任何魔法都是被禁止使用的。在伊斯兰教中,成为一名非法施法者和伊斯兰信仰先驱之间的微妙界线往往取决于你认识谁,以及你在多大程度上受到尊重。当然还有其他空子可以钻。无数的穆斯林相信他们或者他们的家庭成员具有潜在福祉,有可能成为苏菲神秘主义者。苏菲派被认为是真主之意志,因此免于禁止使用魔法。
劇透 -   :
It can be an extremely difficult road for a child of Allah who discovers they have magical potential. Islamic law outlaws the practice of magic—that is, unless it doesn’t. Within Islam the fine line between being an outlawed spellcaster and a herald of the Islamic faith often comes down to who you know and how well you are respected. There are other loopholes as well. Countless Muslims who believe they are blessed with potential or have family members that may be blessed turn to the sufi mystics. Sufism is considered to be the will of Allah, and thus exempt from the ban on magic use.

引用
印度教HINDU

考虑到印度的人口数量,印度教的信仰仅仅是因为规模之大便值得一提。印度教的支持者仍然相信他们在觉醒之前就已经开始练习魔法。我听过某些人在觉醒前练习婆罗门经法,将其描述为如同屋子没通水前拧开水龙头一般。一旦它开始流动,它就会以这样的力量洗去对吠陀经文的疑虑。具体地说,《阿闼婆-吠陀本集》已经发展了一大批追随者。这篇吠陀经文讲述了宗教的咒语、符咒和魔法公式。
劇透 -   :
Given the number of people India, the Hindu faith is relevant on size alone. Proponents of Hinduism continue to believe they practiced magic prior to the Awakening. I’ve heard some describe practicing their brahmanas pre-Awakening as a turning on a faucet before the water actually flows to the house. Once it flowed it came out with such force as to wash away all doubt about the Vedic Texts. Specifically, the Atharva-Veda Samhita has developed a large following. This Vedic text speaks of the spells, charms, and magical formulae of the religion.

引用
巫教WITCHCRAFT

威卡教在觉醒后的世界里几乎和我自己的美洲土著流派一样迅速地重新获得了地位。没有“伟大鬼魂之舞”的闪光和雷鸣,威卡教得以远离公众的探知范围数年,慢慢地形成了一个非正式的体系,演变成一个启蒙团体的结构网。与大多数大型宗教不同,没有一个中央组织机构来决定什么是或不是威卡教,这一事实允许许多团体在威卡教的幌子下实践新异教的形式。
劇透 -   :
Wicca regained prominence in the post-Awakening world almost as swiftly as my own Native American traditions did. Without the flash and thunder of the Great Ghost Dance, Wicca was able to stay off the public radar for years, slowly gaining an informal structure that morphed into a network of initiate groups. Unlike most large religions, there is not a central organizing body to determine what is or isn’t Wicca, a fact which allows many groups to practice forms of neo-paganism under the guise of Wicca.

在公众对威卡教的误读中,宗教中固有的“不伤害”原则在很大程度上被遗忘。宗教的核心是来自威卡教箴言的一项原则,“己所不欲勿施于人”。然而,当人们想到威卡教时,他们仍然只记得那些绿女巫和万圣节的光景。不幸的是,这个长期存在的流派影响了许多人对魔法的看法。许多威卡教信徒认为他们有责任改变这种观念。
劇透 -   :
The “do no harm” principles inherent in the religion are largely forgotten in the public misinterpretation of Wicca. At the core of the religion is a principle that comes from the Wiccan Rede, “An Ye Harm None, Do What Ye Will.” However, when people think of Wicca they still see green witches and the spectacle of Halloween. Unfortunately, that longstanding tradition colors what many think of magic. Many of the Wiccan faith feel it is their duty to change the perception.

引用
伏都教VODOU

伏都教在非洲大部分地区被称为“非洲服务”(Sevis Gine),它不是一种宗教,而是多种宗教的集合体,所有这些宗教都以“侍奉精魂者”(Iwa-yo)为中心,据推测,“侍奉精魂者”是一种存在于泛位面的精魂集合体。伏都教与天主教有着紧密的联系,通常天主教的祈祷和仪式会被用作祈求罗亚过程的一部分。
劇透 -   :
Vodou, or Sèvis Gine as it is known in most of Africa, is not one religion but many, all of which center around the Iwa-yo, a collection of spirits that are presumed to exist on the metaplanes. Vodou is closely entangled with Catholicism, and often Catholic prayers and rituals will be used as part of the process to invoke loa.

伏都教在加勒比联盟中非常受欢迎。即使是非习艺者也会继续“修行”仪式,这可能是他们信仰的延伸,也可能是他们从父母那里学来的习惯。
劇透 -   :
Vodou is extremely popular amongst the pirate clans that roam the Carib League. Even non-practitioners continue to ‘practice’ rituals, be it an extension of their faith, or as habit learned from their parents.

引用
> 伏都教是加勒比联盟的一种生活方式。每个人都相信伏都教,既害怕又尊重伏都教。伏都教祭司在岛上被如同拟感明星一样对待,你绝对不希望他们中的任意一个人对着你的船丢几个咒文,让你沉默在海浪之下。
> 凯恩
劇透 -   :
> Vodou is a way of life in the Carib league. Everybody believes in Vodou and is both scared and respectful of it. Vodou priests are treated like simstars on the islands, the reason being you don’t want one of them throwing some juju on your rig to make you disappear beneath the waves.
> Kane
« 上次编辑: 2023-08-17, 周四 12:44:12 由 阿飘 »

离线 失语

• Hero
« 回帖 #8 于: 2019-01-17, 周四 13:54:37 »
暗影中的魔法MAGIC IN THE SHADOWS

我们魔法师所能选择的最危险一条路,便是在暗影中行走。你可能在看到我我这样说以后,会问为什么?一个人在有这么多其他选项的情况下,会选择生活在暗影中。答案很简单:自由。尽管我们依附于他人,即使是在暗影中,傀儡线的作用也比想象要长得多,但也使我们能够控制自己的行为,这是企业、学院、宗教和其他各种类型的有码者所做不到的。
劇透 -   :
The most dangerous path we of magic can choose is to walk in the shadows. You may read my words and question why one would choose a life in the shadows when so many other options exist. The answer is simple: freedom. Though we are beholden to others, even in the shadows, the puppet strings are much longer, affording us a control over our actions that corporate, academic, religious, and other forms of SINner life cannot.

暗影代表着觉醒个体最大限度的自由,但这也伴随着风险。这些风险中最主要的是孤立。一个走狗法师甚至一个学者都有一群志同道合的专业人士的支持,这些人有责任支持他们的雇主想要达到的目标。我们这些生活在暗影中的人往往在没有集会或没有其他组织支持的情况下工作。独自工作使我们面临更大的风险,但它也意味着我们只需要对高等精魂负责。
劇透 -   :
The shadows represent the greatest freedom for Awakened individuals, but this also comes with risks. Foremost amongst those risks is the isolation. A wage mage or even an academic has the backing of a cohort of like-minded professionals who have some responsibility to support what their paymasters are trying to achieve. Those of us who live in the shadows tend to operate without a coven or some other organization to support us. It exposes us to more risk to work alone, but it also means we are beholden to no one but the Great Spirit.

只要你领会规则,你就可以在暗影中生存。
劇透 -   :
You can survive the shadows, so long as you understand the rules.

引用
规则一:先打法师
RULE #1: GEEK THE MAGE

首先,战斗法师需要明白的一个事实就是,他们在任何战斗情况下都是首要目标。因此,你必须采取不那么容易被识别的措施。手持AK-98意味着你是个战士。站在那里两手空空,说明你是第一个被集火的傻瓜。
劇透 -   :
The first thing a combat mage needs to understand is they are the primary target in any combat situation. As such you have to take steps to not be so easily identifiable. Holding an AK-98 marks you as a warrior. Standing there empty handed marks you as the one who gets geeked first.

引用
> 很有道理。战斗就是识别可变因素和控制你所能控制的。魔法使用者是一个不可控制的可变因素。当你弄清楚他们能做什么的时候,战斗就结束了,通常这个时候你会被绑在医疗马车载具的后备箱里。所以你最好在法师把你的胃挤爆之前干掉她,然后再处理子弹。这同样适用于对付物理修士。在近距离战斗中,一个物理修士将是房间中最危险的战斗力。
> 黑曼巴(Black Mamba)
劇透 -   :
> Makes perfect sense. Combat is about recognizing the variables and controlling what you can. A magic user is an uncontrollable variable. By the time you figure out what they are capable of, the fight is over, generally with you strapped in the back of a DocWagon extraction vehicle. So you geek the mage before she makes your stomach explode and deal with the bullets later. The same holds true for physical adepts. In close-quarters combat a physad is the most dangerous force in the room.
> Black Mamba

恐惧是你最大的优势。你的敌人不知道你能做什么,所以在你施法之前你什么都能做。这一原则也适用于审讯、谈判,甚至是所有人都知道你是一个施法者或社交修士的社交场合。来自侦测谎言法术或魔法强化魅力的威胁通常足以让人们保持诚实。
劇透 -   :
Fear can be your greatest advantage. Your enemy doesn’t know what you are capable of, so until you cast you are capable of anything. This principle carries over to interrogations, negotiations, and even social settings where people know you are a spellcaster or social adept. The threat of a lie-detection spell or magically heightened charm is often enough to keep people honest.

引用
规则二:除了恐惧本身还有更多的恐惧
RULE #2: THERE IS MUCH MORE TO FEAR THAN FEAR ITSELF

当我认知到自己的能力时,我还很年轻。我追随精魂们,坚信他们帮助我学习的意图是诚实的。直到我遇见一个实体,它声称愿意教我先进的技术。但这次相遇让我感觉有些不对劲。它太急于无偿地分享它所知道的东西了。我拒绝了对方,并且开始着手调查精魂的来源。随后我了解到这个实体并不是它所声称的那样,相反,它是一个已经夺去了三个萨满生命的毒精魂。
劇透 -   :
When I discovered my ability I was naïve. I followed spirits believing they were honest about their intentions to aid my learning. I once encountered an entity that claimed to be willing to teach me advanced techniques. But something felt wrong about the encounter. It was too eager to share what it knew for nothing in return. I refused the teaching and set about finding out where the spirit came from. I learned the entity was not what it claimed to be but instead a toxic form that had already claimed the lives of three shamans.

我们施法者和修士只代表了魔法界中存在的一小部分。有些存在会来帮助我们理解法力的天赋。大多数存在则都有更阴暗的意图。不要相信任何你不认识的人,除非你能通过你信任的来源来审查它。
劇透 -   :
We spellcasters and adepts represent a fraction of the entities roaming the magical realms. Some are here to help us understand the gift of mana. Most have darker intentions. Don’t trust any being you don’t know unless you can vet it through sources you trust.

引用
> 有些老狂奔者间经常讨论起一个叫“导师”(Tutor)的实体的故事。没有人知道那个是个什么,但他们知道这是麻烦。“导师”从未离开过。就在去年,我还听说过这个名字,与芝加哥的一些扭曲魔法有关。
> 世界之轴(Axis Mundi)
劇透 -   :
> The old-timey runners used to kick around stories about an entity named Tutor. Nobody quite knew what it was, but they knew it was trouble. Tutor never went away. I’ve heard the name as recently as last year associated with some of the twisted magic coming out of Chicago.
> Axis Mundi

> 关于“烟镜”(The Smoking Mirror)你们都知道些什么?我在研究一个与阿兹特克神泰兹卡特里波(Tezcatlipoca)有关的,鲜为人知的泛位面时,发现了这个名词。我不是很确定这镜子算是一种神器、仪式或其他什么东西,但它似乎是获取关于位面存在的知识的唯一途径。
> 以太网(Ethernaut)
劇透 -   :
> What do you all know about The Smoking Mirror? The name came up in my research on a little-known metaplane tied to the Aztec God, Tezcatlipoca. I’m not sure if the mirror is an artifact, ritual, or something else, but it seems to be the only way to access knowledge about this plane of existence.
> Ethernaut

> 考虑清楚你在问什么,御前。这些危险的能量,其动机和力量远远超出你的理解。与他们交往不仅危险,而且极其愚蠢。
> 霜寒
劇透 -   :
> Think about what you’re asking, omae. These are reckless energies that have motives and power far beyond your understanding. Getting involved with them is not only dangerous but also extremely foolish.
> Frosty

> 我不是三岁小孩,霜寒。我知道我在做什么。
> 以太网
劇透 -   :
> I have my big boy pants on, Frosty. I know what I’m doing.
> Ethernaut

引用
规则三:知识就是新円
RULE #3: KNOWLEDGE IS NUYEN

书记埃兰告诉我们,你的流派越模糊,就越难找到照亮你道路的人。这句格言的另一层含义是,如果你有知识去教别人,则有些人愿意为此付出代价。让我们面对事实:暗影的问题在于,你与大学捐赠者或企业利益之间没有更深的联系。哈佛不会资助你去获取试剂。五角星(译注:魔法物品专卖店)也不会给你共享最新的闪电球法术公式。
劇透 -   :
Ehran the Scribe tells us the more obscure your tradition, the harder it is to find someone to light your path. The other side of that maxim is if you have the knowledge to teach others, someone out there is willing to pay for it. Let’s face facts; the problem with the shadows is that you don’t have a deep-pocket connection to university donors or corporate interests. Harvard is not going to bankroll your efforts to acquire reagents. Pentacle isn’t going to hand over the latest formulae for a Ball Lightning spell.

暗影狂奔需要要建立一张强大的关系网,这样他才能和他需要的人和需要他的人保持联系。让我惊讶的是,狂奔者在狂奔之外很快就会忘记自己的价值。觉醒者可以扮演多种角色。这是媒体帮助我们生活的唯一领域。例如,军事专业的学生被修士所吸引,渴望从真正的武术大师那里学习。同样的道理也适用于萨满,他们可以在薪奴房子周围撒上一圈碾磨成粉的鼠尾草来抵挡邪恶的精魂。
劇透 -   :
A shadowrunner needs to develop a strong network of contacts that allow him to stay connected to people who he needs and people who need him. What surprises me about runners is how quickly they forget their value outside the run. The Awakened can operate in a variety of roles. It is the sole area where the media helps our lives. Martial arts students, for example, are drawn to adepts and eager to pay for lessons from a true master of the craft. The same is true of shamans who can manage a good living dusting sage around wageslave’s homes to ward off evil spirits.

引用
> 公式对初出茅庐的魔术师的需求量尤其大。通过创造法术语公式并在黑市上出售,可以换取大量的新円。
> 鸡米No
劇透 -   :
> Formulae are in especially high demand for nascent magicians. There is a good amount of nuyen to be made by creating spell formulae and selling them on the black market.
> Jimmy No

已经存在的关系网络就在那里,如果你能找到的话。学识商店几乎只提供基本的工具,因此,接触真正了解当地魔法的人意味着找到正规的奇物(我听说这篇文章中的“魔法社群”部分可能有关于联系奇物贩子的有用信息)。另一种选择是浏览地方矩阵。私人新闻组中挤满了提供服务的人。新闻组同样是邀请制,有点像我们接入点并且难以被攻破。成员资格通常仅限于通过知识、技能或人际关系为群体带来利益的个人。如果你不能通过你的人脉联系到一个私人新闻组,那就去大学试试。主要的大学课程会运行可访问的网络,帮助他们了解魔法在网络之外发生了什么。这是一个寻找基本人脉的好地方。
劇透 -   :
Pre-existing networks of contacts are there if you can find them. Lore stores rarely offer anything more than basic fetishes, so gaining access to people with real knowledge of local magic means tracking down a legitimate talismonger (I’m told the Magical Societies part of this posting might have useful information about contacting talismongers). Another option is to scan the local Matrix. Private usenet groups are crammed with people offering services. Usenets are difficult to breach, requiring an invite much like our JackPoint. Membership is often restricted to individuals who benefit the group, be it through knowledge, skill, or connections. If you cannot work your contacts for a link to a private usenet, try the colleges.  Major university programs operate accessible networks that help them understand what’s going on with magic off the grid. It is a good place to find basic contacts.

引用
规则四:你即是商品
RULE #4: YOU ARE THE COMMODITY

无意冒犯我的好友网猫(Netcat),但是施法者总是狂奔者小队里最有价值的成员。我们执行着一套团队中其他人无法学习取代的技能。管好你自己然后拿到自己工作应得的新円,尤其是当你觉得自己比周围的人更有价值的时候。你的成本更高,所以分配理应反映出这一点。
劇透 -   :
No offense to my good friend Netcat, but the spellcaster is always the most valuable player on a runner team. We execute a skill set that no one else on the team can learn to replace. Take care of yourself and get the nuyen you’re owed for a job, especially when you think you’re owed more than those around you. Your costs are higher, so the cut should reflect that.

引用
> 你应该清楚自己在胡说八道。骇客同样不可替代。这不仅仅是数量的问题。我知道骇客的数量与觉醒者是一千比一或者类似的一些狗屎还多。但是你很难找到既能与你共事,又具备与团队其他成员互补的特定技能的人。一旦你开始在收获日胡闹,大家的感情就会受挫,那么就不会有好结果。
> 网猫
劇透 -   :
> That’s bullshit and you know it. Hackers are just as irreplaceable. It isn’t just about the numbers. I know hackers outnumber the Awakened a thousand to one or some shit like that. Finding people you can work with who also have the specific skills to complement other members of your team is hard. Once you start messing around with the payday, feelings are going to get hurt and it doesn’t end well.
> Netcat

> 我在法师、骇客和武士之间做了一个快速的维护成本分析,结果相当平均。直到我把设备升级的因素考虑在内,指正才有所偏向。生物改造、赛博改造和一些武器的成本相当于魔法法器的成本。然而,公式和帐篷的费用远远超过武士的维护费。
魔法和黑客技术之间的差距更为悬殊。一旦你考虑到购买和安装机师无人机的成本,你会发现作为一名载具骇客比作为一名法师更昂贵。
> 邦德先生
劇透 -   :
> I ran a quick maintenance cost breakdown between mages, hackers, and samurai and the numbers come out fairly even. The needle did not move until I factored in equipment upgrades. Bioware, cyberware and some weapon costs are comparable to magical foci costs.  However, formulae and lodge costs far outpace a samurai’s upkeep.
The disparity between magic and hacking technology is closer. Once you factor in the cost of purchasing and fitting rigger drones, you find it is more expensive to be a vehicle hacker than it is to be a mage.
> Mr. Bonds

> 我坚持我的观点。
> 多名之人
劇透 -   :
> I stand by my words.
> Man-of-Many-Names

我们的稀有性使我们成为目标,不仅是在战斗方面,还有在出身方面。有些公司会雇佣你去狂奔,只是为了看看你有什么样的魔法才能。注意你的狂奔记录:可能那个人正在为了你的魔法而安排你。
劇透 -   :
Our rarity makes us targets, not just in terms of combat, but for extraction as well. There are corporations that will hire you to a run, just to see what sort of magic you are capable of. Be aware of the runs you sign on for; it might be that someone is setting you up to take you for your magic.

引用
规则五:永远不要孤独死去
RULE #5: NEVER DIE ALONE

我认识一些萨满,他们都是各自团队中唯一的魔法操作者。我们每个月聚在一起分享我们的故事,向我们各自的图腾致敬,并记住我们并不孤单。法师是一个孤独的职业。我们很少有人有这样的天赋,所以在同一个狂奔者小队中共事的多个魔法使用者是极其少见的。
劇透 -   :
The shamans I know are the single magical operator on their respective teams. We come together monthly to share our stories, give tribute to our respective totems, and to remember we aren’t alone. Magic is a lonely profession. So few of us have the talent that it is rare to see multiple magic users operating in the same runner team.

找到其他有共同理解的的施法者或修士可以帮助你继续脚踏实地。你需要脱离与你一起工作的团队,因为他们永远无法像你一样看待这个世界。尽管找到一个值得信任的人很难,但要找到一个比你自己的技能先进得多、甚至在我们的世界经历了半个多世纪的魔法之后,还能教你的人,就更是难上加难了。即使你找不到足够专业的人来帮助你提高你的技能,至少找一个理解你所经历的事情的人。
劇透 -   :
Find other spellcasters or adepts with this shared understanding can help keep you grounded. Already you are separate from the team you work with because they can never see the world as you do. As hard as it is to find someone to trust, it is doubly hard to find one with skills significantly more advanced than your own to the point where they can teach you, even after more than half a century of magic in our world. Even if you cannot find someone skilled enough to help you better your craft, at least find someone who understands what you go through.
« 上次编辑: 2023-08-17, 周四 12:44:55 由 阿飘 »

离线 失语

• Hero
« 回帖 #9 于: 2019-01-17, 周四 13:56:00 »
边栏:魔法新闻组团体MAGIC USENET GROUPS

如果你知道去哪里看,矩阵可以成为魔法知识的宝库。全球的私人新闻组主机是关于当地魔法事件的重要信息存储库。这些主机扮演着联系其他习艺者或者以魔法的方式交易的中间角色。它们也是魔法社群招募人才的工具。虽然这些群体中的大多数规模很小,难以提及,但也有少数已经发展到足以获得认可的规模。
劇透 -   :
The Matrix can be a treasure trove of magical knowledge if you know where to look. Private usenet hosts around the globe are key repositories of information about local magical happenings. These hosts represent a way to connect to others practicing or dealing in the magical ways. They also represent a recruitment tool for magical societies trolling for talent. Though the majority of these groups are too small to mention, a handful have grown large enough to gain recognition.

引用
魔法石MAGESTONE
伦敦London

“魔法石”是从牛津大学所创立更大的论坛中分离出来的新闻组。它一开始是作为博士学生与暗影保持联系进行研究的一种方式。现在它发展成一个信息网络,汇集了奇物贩子、脏物买卖者、大学研究人员、自由职业施法者,甚至企业联系人。成员资格有两个阶段。第一阶段意味着被现有成员邀请进来。在这个阶段,访问仅限于论坛和数据存储。一旦一个管理员小组审查完这个新成员,该成员就会被授予第二阶段的权限,该权限允许完全访问主机上的所有信息。有传言称,论坛的第三级权限允许高级成员访问私人主机。
劇透 -   :
Magestone is a breakaway from a larger forum started by Oxford University. It began as a way for ThD students to maintain contact with the shadows for research. It grew into an information network drawing together talismongers, fences, university researchers, freelance spellcasters, and even corporate contacts. There are two stages of membership. Stage one means being invited in by an existing member. At this stage access is limited to the forums and datastores. Once a panel of administrators has vetted a new member, that member is granted stage two clearance, which gives full access to all of the information on the host. Rumors abound of a third clearance level that gives high-ranking members of the forum access to a private host.

引用
瞳THE EYE
美洲联邦Confederate American States

“瞳”最初是一个目录汇聚地。骇客们会袭击大学的数据存储库,然后将这些信息以不同的方式重新发布到瞳的论坛之上,以反映出他们知道什么,而不是主流想让人们知道什么。从那以后,它逐渐发展成为一个关于第六纪所有魔法形式的档案库。获得会员资格的唯一方法是引入一个新的数据存储库,可以是经过编辑和更新的数据,也可以是从私有源收集的纯高价值数据。
劇透 -   :
The Eye started as a content aggregator. Hackers would raid university datastores and repost the information to The Eye with changes to reflect what they knew vs. what the mainstream wanted people to know. It has since developed into a depository of files about all forms of magic in the Sixth World. The only way to gain membership is to bring in a new datastore either of the edited and updated variety or pure paydata gleaned from a private source.

引用
马库姆巴东南联盟SE LIGA MACUMBA
亚马逊国Amazonia

正如当地人所知,联盟诞生于贫民窟,其一半是研究网络,另一半是走私网络。联盟是亚马逊地区广泛认知的魔法黑市的东道主,充当着奇物私贩之间的联络点,甚至将其转移到国外。亚马逊网络一直在躲避亚马逊当局,这使得它只能接受邀请制。
劇透 -   :
Born out of the favelas, Liga, as it is known to locals, is one part research network and two parts smuggling network. Liga plays host to Amazonia’s extensive magical black market, serving as a contact point between talisleggers looking to move fauna around and even out of the country. The network is constantly hiding from Amazonia authorities, leading it to be invite-only.

引用
翡翠宫THE EMERALD PALACE
西雅图Seattle

隐藏在“暗影之海”一角的是西雅图首屈一指的魔法信息网络。主机由三名施法者管理,是学术、企业和私人利益交融之地。翡翠宫拥有与三津滨和麻省理工奇术研究所的直接信息链接。然而,最吸引人的是其庞大的魔法团体数据库。翡翠宫的潜在用户在成为会员之前要经过严格的背景调查。成员们坚称该网络是众包的,尽管有传言称该网站的资金来自DIMR。
劇透 -   :
Tucked away in a corner of ShadowSEA is Seattle’s premier magical information network. The host is managed by a trio of spellcasters and serves as a place where academic, corporate, and private interests merge. The Emerald Palace boasts a direct information link to Mitsuhama and MIT&T research. However, the main draw is its extensive magical groups database. Potential Emerald Palace users go through a rigorous background check before being offered membership. Members insist the network is crowdsourced, though rumors persist that the host is funded through DIMR interests.

引用
九龙株式会社KOWLOON_MK
香港Hong Kong

这座寨城以其神秘的魔法而闻名,但在矩阵中,九龙株式会社就是你解开谜团的地方。该主机以收集魔法物品和地点的信息而闻名,尤其是关于龙脉的数据。九龙主机在矩阵空间中的被有意设计成用为寨城。在AR中,主机内的特定位置覆盖在寨城上,这意味着您需要了解如何在城市中漫游,以便访问主机。
劇透 -   :
The Walled City is known for its mysterious magic, but in the Matrix Kowloon_MK is where you go to get mysteries solved. The host is notable for its collection of information on magical items and locations, especially data concerning Dragon Lines. The Kowloon host is purposefully designed to resemble the walled city in Matrix space. Specific locations within the host are overlaid on the walled city in AR, meaning you need to understand how to navigate the city itself in order to navigate the host.
« 上次编辑: 2023-08-17, 周四 12:45:56 由 阿飘 »