作者 主题: 【LOL】奇人列传:卡席·阿兹芮尔 Kassi Aziril  (阅读 13991 次)

副标题:

离线 丞相

• 银渡鸦
  • Chivary
  • 帖子数: 1829
  • 苹果币: 7
  • 还算可以的玩家,以及不行的GM
【LOL】奇人列传:卡席·阿兹芮尔 Kassi Aziril
« 于: 2022-06-07, 周二 14:47:33 »
卡席·阿兹芮尔 Kassi Aziril
开创性的科学医者

中立善良 女性 人类 炼金术士

所有的切利亚斯公民和访客都应知,异教徒卡席·阿兹芮尔,忤逆君主的狂徒,特此判处死刑。提供信息有助于逮捕她的人将得到奖励,而向她提供帮助的人将被毁灭。没有人能反抗切利亚斯的力量。
-由尊敬的地狱女皇,来自三重诅咒的斯戎家族,阿斯莫迪尔斯的代行者,切利亚斯的女皇,阿波罗盖二世签署。

阿兹芮尔博士,
     盼知悉,首先,在下仍然期盼,有朝一日,能看到您在维妮肯学院的药物与手术学院进行客座演讲。来自十多个学院的证书,以及你的许多医学突破,他们足够证明你才华。正是这些成就呼唤你的名字。虽然我知道是在下向你发出的邀请,但我必须非常冒犯的取消邀请。您在过去发表过的一些言论,尤其是针对塞恩雷(Sarenrae)的,实在难以令人满意。虽然我知道我们都是言出必行的人,但如果您能收回这些言论,我也许能因此为你的来访再提供些支持?将晨花称为“伪装成治疗者的血腥杀手,宁愿屠杀整个城市,也不愿屈尊解释自己”,这样的言论似乎太过刻薄了,并且在经文中根本没有支撑。
     出于同样的考虑,我想把您关于成瘾的研究介绍给我们的学者,以帮助他们打击毒品进口,但恐怕他们将无法看到序言。你写道:“许多人将上瘾的原因误解为一种个人意志上的失败。事实上,上瘾是一种疾病,它与赋予我们饥饿或口渴等本能的生命力有关。诸神故意让凡人容易上瘾,这样我们就更容易被蛊惑,对宗教和信仰上瘾,正是因为这种脆弱,才使我们成为毒品的猎物。”是否确有必要在医学论文中参杂神学批判?
     在下希望为这一代全卡蒂亚最优秀、最聪明的医学头脑的福祉,我们能达成协议。

——卡蒂亚维齐尔 哈比泽·瓦拉吉

卡席·阿兹芮尔有时被称为医学之母,她固执地坚持依靠科学和炼金术,而拒绝使用魔法来处理疾病和损伤,这让她获得了一系列重大发现,但是因为全世界大部分地区都有更多机会得到神术治疗,这些发现一直被医学界忽视,直到最近才有所改变。然而在拉哈多姆(Rahadoum),信仰神明会遭到迫害,那些卡席开创的技术是字面意义上的救命稻草。少年早成的卡席·阿兰(Elaran)从格拉利昂的各个主要大学都获得过学位,并且做过阿托库斯·基兰的学生,她周游世界,进一步完善她的技术。坎德勒(kandlerae,一种具有惊人药用价值的深海藻类)的发现为她的研究带来了进一步的突破,与其他医学家的探讨帮助她能够在实验室培育坎德勒。她回到拉哈多姆专注于自己的研究,定期与其他学者或政府机构分享报告或更新,以供同行评议。
    4708年,塔尔多和卡蒂亚的学者在相隔不过一个月的时间里,相继剽窃了卡席在战场医学方面的著作,并且两人都获得了大量赞誉。这时拉哈多姆政府则意识到了她发现的真正潜力,介入保护了卡席的著作权。他们要求她撰写一份关于她的药物的长篇报告,然后出版,以确保她的工作不仅正确地归功于她本人,还能保证政府能对其进行更多的控制。为了进一步显示团结,她和她的家人得以加入拉哈杜姆著名的阿兹芮尔家族,并将她的名字改为卡席·阿兹芮尔。
    在政府的大力支持下,卡席的研究和发现有所增长,但她的方法往往很难被其他人复制,部分原因是卡席不愿意将其她坎德勒衍生物向公众提供。然而,她管理战场医学的方法论和她对疾病性质的观察方式已经拥有了自己生命,因此,这些方法正被整个内海地区的士兵、治疗师、学者和冒险家越来越多地采用。

人体构成
[假装此处有图]

引用
阿波罗盖——
恐怕我不得不取消你所要求的合同。红螳螂暂停对这个女人采取任何进一步行动。几年前,我的一个手下因为医生的罪行而对其发动神意打击(divine offense),结果证明是基于错误的理由——一个毫无根据的谣言,说医生在没有神的帮助下复活了一个我们的目标。我承认,当我听到这索赔时,我和你一样恼火,但确实是我的人弄错了。作为对我们错误的补偿,红螳螂不会将这位女士卷入任何后续任务。我们都必须接受承认自己的错误,从而避免被错误蒙蔽双眼。我想你也同意这点。虽然我很遗憾我们这次不能合作,但我相信,像你这样足智多谋、聪明伶俐的人一定能找到别人来为你做这件事。
关于另一件事,我已经亲自确认完成了。如果你愿意,可以用预言法术来检查血液。——N

引用
坎德勒的真相 THE TRUTH ABOUT KANDLERAE
卡席的许多突破的关键都来自于一种被称为坎德拉的稀有藻类。她是通过一系列信件从契约掮客哈希姆·伊本·赛义德(Pactbroker Hashim ibn Sayyid)那里得知此事的,但直到最近她才开始怀疑他可能是出于某种邪恶动机。通过帮助她开发基于科学而非信仰的治疗方法,这位伪装成哈希姆的幕后尊主(veiled master)希望进一步侵蚀信仰本身的概念,这与卡席希望实现的完全不同。既然卡席已经对这位幕后尊主的阴险计划有所了解,其影响是否会如它所计划的那样发展,只有时间能告诉我们答案。无论如何,没有人能说卡席所取得的成就对她的患者和整个医学界毫无益处。

劇透 -  原文:
INNOVATIVE SCIENTIFIC HEALER
NG FEMALE HUMAN ALCHEMIST

Let it be known to all citizens of and visitors to Cheliax that the heretic Kassi Aziril, blasphemer against the Prince of Law, is hereby sentenced to death. Those who offer information leading to her arrest shall be rewarded, and those who offer her succor shall be destroyed. None shall defy the might of Cheliax.
—Signed by Her Infernal Majestrix Abrogail the Second of the Thrice-Damned House of Thrune, by the Might of Asmodeus, Queen and Empress of Cheliax

Dr. Aziril,
    I want you to know, first, that I would still very much like to see you give a guest lecture at the Venicaan College of Medicaments and Chirurgery—at least, some day. Your credentials from over a dozen academies, as well as your many medical breakthroughs, speak for themselves. If those were the only things speaking to your name, that would be that. Yet though I know that it was I who approached you, I must commit the grave offense of rescinding the invitation. The Peerless are not best pleased by some of the things you have said in the past, particularly about Sarenrae. While I know we are all people of our word, perhaps if you would walk some of these statements back, I might be able to gain some traction? To call the Dawnflower “a bloody killer in the guise of a healer, willing to murder an entire city rather than deign to explain herself” seems particularly harsh, and not at all supported by the scripture.
    To the same concern, I would like to introduce your research on addiction to our scholars to help combat the import of drugs, but they are having trouble seeing past the foreword. You wrote, “The reason so many people misunderstand addiction is that they see it as a personal mental failing. In truth, addiction is a disease tied to the life force that gives us instincts like hunger or thirst. The gods intentionally built mortals to be susceptible to addiction so we could be more easily deluded and addicted to religion and faith, and it is through that vulnerability that drugs prey upon us.” Is this theological aside within a medical text truly necessary?
    I hope we can come to an agreement, for the good of an entire generation of Qadira’s best and brightest medical minds.
—Grand Vizier Hebizid Vraj

Sometimes called the Mother of Medicine, Kassi Aziril’s stubborn insistence on relying on science and alchemy over the use of magical care for the sick and injured led her to a bevy of major discoveries that had been, until recently, ignored by the medical community, due to the much more available access to divine healing throughout most of the world. Yet in Rahadoum, where faith in the gods is persecuted, techniques like those pioneered by Kassi are literal lifesavers. With degrees from major universities across Golarion and an apprenticeship with Artokus Kirran, the precocious Kassi Elaran traveled the world to further refine her techniques. Discoveries like kandlerae, a deep sea algae with astounding medicinal properties, led to further breakthroughs, and studies with other medical practitioners helped her cultivate kandlerae in her laboratories. She returned to Rahadoum to focus on her research, periodically sharing reports or updates with other scholars or government agencies for peer reviews and the like.
    In 4708 ar, scholars in Taldor and Qadira plagiarized Kassi’s work on battlefield medicine within 1 month of each other, each to great acclaim. The Rahadoumi government stepped in to protect Kassi’s original authorship, realizing the potential for her discoveries. They asked her to generate a book-length report on her medicine and then published it, ensuring that her work was not only properly attributed to her, but also securing more control over it for the government. As a further show of solidarity, she and her family were adopted into Rahadoum’s prestigious Aziril clan, changing her name to Kassi Aziril.
    With greater support from the government, Kassi’s research and discoveries grew, yet her methods often proved difficult for others to replicate, in part due to Kassi’s unwillingness to make her kandlerae derivative available to the public. Her methods of administering battlefield medicine and her observations into the nature of disease have taken on lives of their own, however, with the methods being adopted more and more by soldiers, healers, scholars, and adventurers throughout the Inner Sea region.

The Makings of a Mortal Man
The net of veins, the orifices and organs too, the junctions and bones, the ropes of muscles.
The skin, hairs, and pores. The body is made of these, and all are essential to the others’ functioning.
Piercing wounds from spider’s fangs, elemental spikes, manticore spines. These must not be removed until proper care can be given.
Crushing from a constrictor serpent. Care for soft tissue alongside the bone is critical for reducing patient morbidity.
Piercing wound from a web lurker’s leg. Bone can become infected when punctured, sickening the rest of the body.
Cuts from a ghoul, shoggti, giant scorpion, lesser xulgath. The loss of vital fluids must be the first concern in these cases.
Wound contaminations must be identified. Ghoul venom will fade with time, yet other poisons will worsen.

Abrogail—
    I’m afraid I had to void your requested contract. The Red Mantis have a moratorium on any further action against the woman in question. Several years ago, one of my people took divine offense against the doctor for a transgression which turned out to be on false pretenses—an unfounded rumor that the doctor had resurrected one of our marks without divine assistance. I admit I was as vexed as you were when I heard the claim, but it turned out to be a mistake on my agent’s part. As recompense for our error, the Red Mantis will not be involving the woman in question in any further assignments. We must all be willing to own our mistakes, and so avoid being blinded by them. I am sure you agree. While I regret that we will be unable to collaborate this time, I am certain someone so resourceful and intelligent will have no trouble finding someone else to do it for you..
     Regarding the other matter, I have personally confirmed its completion. Check the blood with your divinations, if you like. —N

THE TRUTH ABOUT KANDLERAE
Key to many of Kassi’s breakthroughs was the rare algae known as kandlerae. She was introduced to the substance
by Pactbroker Hashim ibn Sayyid via a series of missives, but only recently has she started to suspect that his motives might be sinister. By helping her to develop methods of healing based on science rather than faith, the veiled master posing as Hashim hopes to further erode the very concept of faith itself, something very different than what Kassi hopes to accomplish. Now that Kassi has an inkling of the veiled master’s insidious schemes, whether or not its influence will play out the way it plans, only time will tell. Regardless, none can argue that what Kassi has accomplished has been anything but beneficial to her patients and the medical community at large.
« 上次编辑: 2022-06-07, 周二 16:48:21 由 丞相 »
女王的杂技团
见识短浅的调查员手册作者
优化一塌糊涂的三流玩家
开团必炸团的垃圾GM
看不懂英文的翻译
——丞相

离线 丞相

• 银渡鸦
  • Chivary
  • 还算可以的玩家,以及不行的GM
卡席的技术 KASSI’S TECHNIQUES
« 回帖 #1 于: 2022-06-07, 周二 14:52:50 »
疫苗 Vaccines
疫苗是一种类似抗生素的,但是聚焦于特定的免疫血清,旨在对单一疾病的特定毒株提供完全免疫,而不是增强免疫系统对抗所有疾病。研制疫苗需要有这种疾病的样本。

疫苗 VACCINE 物品1+
[罕见] [消耗品] [灵药]
使用 单手持用;负载 L
行动 [[A]]交互
疫苗让生物对某一等级等于或小于疫苗等级的特定疾病毒株可以免疫,并在所有对抗相同疾病的豁免检定中获得+2物品加值。例如,一种疫苗可以对食腐兽造成的腐热症免疫,但对巨鼠造成的腐热症只能给予+2豁免加值。
类型 下等;等级 1;价格 4gp
持续 1小时
类型 次等;等级 3;价格 12gp
持续 24小时
类型 中等;等级 6;价格 50gp
持续 1周
类型 高等;等级 12;价格 400gp
持续 1年
类型 上等;等级 18;价格 5000gp
持续 永久

成瘾抑制剂 Addiction Suppressant
开发成瘾抑制剂的方法不同于抗生素或其他疫苗。对于每一种药物,都必须制造一种特定的抑制剂——目前还没有普遍的成瘾抑制剂存在。为了制造一种成瘾抑制剂,你必须从要抑制的药物剂量开始,然后使用炼金术试剂产生一种可以用来对抗药物成瘾的灵药。一种成瘾抑制剂必须比它要抑制的药物水平更高才能起作用。

成瘾抑制剂 ADDICTION SUPPRESSANT 物品1+
[罕见][消耗品][灵药]
使用 单手持用;负载 L
行动 [[A]]交互
当你使用一剂量的成瘾抑制剂,它会抑制成瘾的影响1天,如同你服用了一剂药物,但没有收到任何药物的影响,它不会增加成瘾DC。你还可以根据成瘾抑制剂的类型获得对抗特定药物持续成瘾豁免的物品加值。
类型 次等;等级 1;价格 2gp
你获得+1物品加值
类型 中等;等级 6;价格 30gp
你获得+2物品加值
类型 高等;等级 12;价格 140gp
你获得+3物品加值
类型 上等;等级 14;价格 500gp
你获得+4物品加值

技能专长 Skill Feats
直接向现代医学之母学习具有独特的优势。

医学研究 MEDICAL RESEARCHER 专长 1
[罕见][通用][技能]
先决条件 医疗(Medicine)技能受训
卡席不仅教会了你如何运用药物还教会了你如何制作药物。当你制作治疗工具、疫苗、成瘾抑制剂、解毒剂、抗生素、生命灵药或其他非魔法医疗或治疗物品时,你可以使用医疗技能而非工艺技能。

典范战地医疗 PARAGON BATTLE MEDICINE 专长 7
[罕见][通用][技能]
先决条件 战地医疗,医疗(Medicine)技能达到大师熟练度
卡席·阿兹芮尔教给了你她的技术这些技术开创了现代战争医学的应用。当你成功使用战地医疗时,你还可以将目标的恶心、力竭或笨拙状态降低1点(但是如果你被一个持续施加笨拙状态的效果所影响则无效,比如变巨术)。如果你在医疗技能上达到传奇熟练,作为替代,你可以选择减少目标的惊惧或者震慑状态1点,如果你拥有无神主义疗法(Godless Healing)专长(预言破灭之年-世界指南 56页),你可以选择减低目标的呆滞或者流失状态1点。如果你拥有人本主义疗法(Mortal Healing)
,只要目标在过去24个小时内没有受到过正能量或者治疗法术的增益,你可以减少该目标所有正在生效的状态1点,并且如果你投出了大成功,你可以将该目标身上所有正在生效的状态减少两点。

劇透 -  原文:
KASSI’S TECHNIQUES
While Kassi shares her greatest discoveries with the entire medical community, some of her techniques are either still experimental or extremely difficult to perform. Any students who Kassi takes on gain access to her techniques.

Vaccines
Vaccines are a more focused variant of antiplague, designed to provide complete immunity to a specific strain of a single illness rather than to bolster the immune system against all disease. Creating a vaccine requires a sample of the disease in question.

VACCINE ITEM 1+
RARE CONSUMABLE ELIXIR
Usage held in 1 hand; Bulk L
Activate [one-action] Interact
A vaccine grants a creature immunity to a specific strain of disease of a level equal to or less than the vaccine’s level, and a +2 item bonus on all saving throws against other strains of the same disease. For example, a vaccine could grant immunity to filth fever inflicted by otyughs, but would only grant a +2 saving throw bonus against filth fever inflicted by a giant rat.
Type minor; Level 1; Price 4 gp
The duration is 1 hour.
Type lesser; Level 3; Price 12 gp
The duration is 24 hours.
Type moderate; Level 6; Price 50 gp
The duration is 1 week.
Type greater; Level 12; Price 400 gp
The duration is 1 year.
Type major; Level 18; Price 5,000 gp
The duration is permanent.

Addiction Suppressant
The method of developing addiction suppressants are different than those for antiplague or vaccines. For every drug, a specific suppressant must be crafted—no generalized addiction suppressant yet exists. In order to create an addiction suppressant, you must begin with a dose of the drug to be suppressed, then use alchemical reagents to generate an elixir that can be used to fight that drug’s addiction. An addiction suppressant must be a higher level than the drug it is meant to suppress in order to work.

ADDICTION SUPPRESSANT ITEM 1+
RARE CONSUMABLE ELIXIR
Usage held in 1 hand; Bulk L
Activation [one-action] Interact
When you use a dose of addiction suppressant, it suppresses the effects of that addiction for 1 day, as if you had taken an actual dose of the drug, but without any of the drug’s effects, and it doesn’t increase the addiction DC. You also gain an item bonus against the ongoing save against the drug’s addiction depending on the type of addiction suppressant.
Type lesser; Level 1; Price 2 gp
You gain a +1 item bonus.
Type moderate; Level 6; Price 30 gp
You gain a +2 item bonus.
Type greater; Level 10; Price 140 gp
You gain a +3 item bonus.
Type major; Level 14; Price 500 gp
You gain a +4 item bonus.

Skill Feats
Learning straight from the Mother of Modern Medicine provides unique advantages.

MEDICAL RESEARCHER FEAT 1
RARE GENERAL SKILL
Prerequisites trained in Medicine
Kassi has taught you not only how to apply medicines with your medical skills but how to craft them as well. When you Craft healer’s kits, vaccines, addiction suppressants, antidotes, antiplagues, elixirs of life, or other non-magical medical or healing items, you can use Medicine instead of Crafting.

PARAGON BATTLE MEDICINE FEAT 7
RARE GENERAL SKILL
Prerequisites Battle Medicine, master in Medicine
Kassi Aziril taught you her techniques that originated the modern use of Battle Medicine. When you successfully use Battle Medicine, you can also reduce the target’s sickened, enfeebled, or clumsy condition by 1 (this has no effect if you are subject to an effect continually applying the clumsy condition, like enlarge). If you are legendary in Medicine, you can choose to reduce the target’s frightened or stunned condition by 1 instead, and if you have the Godless Healing feat (Pathfinder Lost Omens World Guide 56), you can choose to reduce the target’s stupefied or drained condition by 1 instead. If you have the Mortal Healing feat, you can reduce all available conditions by 1 for a target who hasn’t benefited from positive or healing magic in the last 24 hours, and if you roll a critical success before applying the effects of the feat, you reduce all available conditions by 2 for that target instead.

引用
无神主义疗法 Godless Healing 专长2
[通用][技能]
先决条件 战地医疗;不能信仰神祇
每当对你进行的治疗伤口(Treat Wounds)或战地医疗(Battle Medicine)尝试成功时,你额外恢复5点HP。在你或盟友对你使用战地医疗后,你对该来源战地医疗暂时免疫一小时,而非一天。
劇透 -  原文:
Godless Healing
Feat 2
GeneralSkill
Source World Guide pg. 56 2.0
Prerequisites Battle Medicine; can't have a patron deity
You recover an additional 5 Hit Points from a successful attempt to Treat your Wounds or use Battle Medicine on you. After you or an ally use Battle Medicine on you, you become temporarily immune to that Battle Medicine for only 1 hour, instead of 1 day.

« 上次编辑: 2023-02-13, 周一 13:08:13 由 原子能青蛙 »
女王的杂技团
见识短浅的调查员手册作者
优化一塌糊涂的三流玩家
开团必炸团的垃圾GM
看不懂英文的翻译
——丞相

离线 丞相

• 银渡鸦
  • Chivary
  • 还算可以的玩家,以及不行的GM
Re: 【LOL】奇人列传:卡席·阿兹芮尔 Kassi Aziril
« 回帖 #2 于: 2022-06-07, 周二 14:56:37 »
基兰老师,
    从我上次写信到现在已经有一段时间了。说实话,很难想象在这么短的时间里发生了这么多事情。在过去的十年里,世界似乎发生了翻天覆地的变化,冷漠的众神将我们都当成了他们棋盘上的棋子。我希望你能纵容一个老学生,老师。也许是我改变了,不再是那个跑到内海地区和其他地区的每一所学校学习医学的女孩,而是把这些课程付诸实践,周游世界治愈那些最需要我的人。并不是所有的都是黑暗。这个新世界也充满了比你想象的更伟大的奇迹。我希望凡种们(mortalkind)可以一起奋斗,一起生存,即使面对如此多的敌人。英雄们给了我这样相信的希望。每一次都几乎失去了一切,凡性的英雄们——而不是众神——战胜了一切困难并取得了胜利。
    这让我意识到:即使所有这些年来,我也知道我不能只是袖手旁观,而一直进行研究。但现在我意识到,为最新的瘟疫或灾难进行分类可能仍然过于被动了。是的,人们需要我!我意识到我必须培养一些学生,能够完成我一个人无法完成的事情。人年轻的时候,觉得自己可以做到任何事情,而且能做做所有需要做的事情。但我不可能同时在任何地方都存在——我试过!即使是现在,我仍然有一种冲动,想去新瑟西隆(New Thassilon)寻找过去的人们带来的失落的药物,尽管我认为我必须优先治疗默语暴君的一些独特的受害者。真的,正能量可以像负能量一样令人恐惧和癌变,两者都只是神的工具,经常被扭曲。而不管我怎么做,我都无法阻止下一个重大的医疗紧急事件。
    但学生…是的,学生可以同时出现在两处甚至多处。现在我明白你为什么待在一个地方,躲避所有人的目光。你一直都知道。我很抱歉这么多年前我指责你只关心图维亚的经济。我希望你能原谅我花了这么长时间才吸取教训。
    我写信给你还有一个更实际的原因。虽然我知道我过去对他的评价很好,但我开始在契约掮客伊本·赛义德身上发现了一些危险的东西。比贪婪更甚的某些东西。肯定有什么错了。当他叫我帮忙的时候,我想我需要拒绝了,我不确定他下一步会做什么。我应该没事,但万一我出了什么事,我希望你能密切关注。我怀疑他会把责任推到切利亚斯或其他我多年来激怒的神权国家身上。我有这么多敌人,谁还会指望我的朋友呢?
   请别笑我,老师。我知道我很顽固,但我对人之律和人类自有的价值的信仰,就像任何牧师对神的信仰一样坚定和纯洁,只不过我不需要通过接受魔法这种贿赂,因此也就没有那种受奴役的固有的庸俗。就像你不能抛弃图维亚一样,我不能让我的良心噤声。
    我已经附上了所有未完成项目的研究笔记。当你读到这封信的时候,我希望我已经开始寻找我自己的学生来传播我的理念,但为了以防最坏的情况,我也必须要求你确保这些知识不会失传。
    我一直是个悲观主义和现实主义者,但现在我在给一个我从未亲眼见过的人写信,坚信他能够也会在最糟糕的情况下处理好重要的事情。我猜你会告诉我,这和信徒想到他们的神祇时的得到安慰是一样的。我经常在他们脸上看到这种表情,死时确信他们的神已经安排好了一切,而实际上,神只是在等着吸收信徒的灵魂来建立他们的神国。我不一样。我相信的,是一个人,而不仅是传说。
你真诚的
卡席·阿兹芮尔
劇透 -  原文:
Master Kirran,
    It has been some time since my last letter. Truthfully, so much has happened in so little time. It seems that the world has been turned on its end for the last decade, and the uncaring gods treat us all as pawns in their games. I pray you indulge an old student, master. Perhaps it is I who have changed, no longer the girl journeying to every school around the Inner Sea region and beyond to learn of medicine, but instead putting those lessons into practice, traveling the world to heal those who needed me most. And not all is darkness. This new world is also full of wonders grander than you might imagine. I have hope that mortalkind can struggle and survive together, even with so much arrayed against us. Heroes have given me that hope. Each time it seemed like all was lost, mortal heroes—not the gods—stood against all odds and triumphed.
    It has made me realize something: even all those years ago, I knew I couldn’t simply stand by and research. But now I realize that traveling to triage the latest plague or disaster might be too reactive. And yet, I am needed for that! I realized I must foster students who can do what I am not able to accomplish alone. When we are young, we feel like we can not only do anything, but everything that needs to be done. Yet I can’t be everywhere—I’ve tried! Even now, I feel an urge to travel to New Thassilon and seek out lost medicine the people of the past brought forward with them, though I think I must prioritize treatment of some of the uniquely suffering victims of the Whispering Tyrant. Truly, positive energy can be as horrifying and cancerous as negative energy is ruinous, both bent so often as tools of the gods. Either way I go, I am doing nothing to prevent the next big medical emergency.
    But students... yes, students can be in two places at once, or more. Now I understand why you stayed in one place, hidden from all eyes. You knew that all along. I am sorry I accused you of caring only for Thuvia’s economy, all those years ago. I hope you will forgive me for taking so long to learn that lesson.
I write you for a more practical reason as well. While I know I spoke well of him in the past, I am beginning to detect something dangerous in Pactbroker ibn Sayyid. Something more than mere greed. Something... wrong. When he calls in my favor, I think I am going to need to refuse it, and I am not sure what he’ll do next. I should be fine, but in case something happens to me, I hope that you will pay close attention. I suspect he would pin the blame on Cheliax or one of the other theocracies I’ve angered over the years. Who would think to look to my friends when I have so many enemies?
    Don’t laugh, master. I know I am stubborn, but my belief in the laws of mortality and the worth of all people are as strong and as pure as any cleric’s faith in a god, only without the need to be bribed with magic first, and thus absent of the inherent tawdriness of that servitude. I can no more silence my conscience than you could abandon Thuvia.
    I have enclosed all my research notes for unfinished projects. By the time you read this letter, I hope to have begun the search for students of my own to spread my methods, but in case of the worst, I must also ask you to see to it that this knowledge isn’t lost.
    Here I am, always the pessimist, the realist, but I write to a man I’ve never seen with my own eyes, in full faith that he can and will take care of the important things in the worst circumstances. I’m sure you would tell me that’s the same kind of comfort the religious take when they think of their god. I have seen it so often on their faces, dying in certitude that their god has it all planned out, when really the gods are just waiting to absorb the souls of the faithful to build their divine realms. I am different. I have faith in the man, not the legend.
Yours in truth,
Kassi Aziril
« 上次编辑: 2022-06-08, 周三 19:04:16 由 丞相 »
女王的杂技团
见识短浅的调查员手册作者
优化一塌糊涂的三流玩家
开团必炸团的垃圾GM
看不懂英文的翻译
——丞相

离线 原子能青蛙

• 版主
  • 帖子数: 4402
  • 苹果币: 3
« 回帖 #3 于: 2022-06-07, 周二 16:23:16 »
放血开颅,就在今日!
劇透 -  签名折叠:

线上 璀璨星炬

• 版主
  • 帖子数: 2860
  • 苹果币: 1
« 回帖 #4 于: 2022-06-07, 周二 16:55:34 »
所以说为啥叫人放弃信仰的总是坏人呢(思考)

作者们反驳“我们应该抛弃信仰”的无信者,从来不是正面驳斥他们的理论,而是给他们塞一个邪恶的赞助人(比如隔壁的阿斯莫蒂斯之于神明非神会),仿佛这样就能驳倒这个理念......
理想的译法是这样的:先把原文看懂,照原文译出来,看看念不念得下去,试删掉几个不一定用得着的字,看看是否有损文义和文气。如果有损,再补回来。试把不可少的字加进去,看看是否超出原文范围,增减以后和原文再校对一次。有些地方是否译错,语气的轻重是否恰如其分,原文的弦外之音译文是找不找得到?原文的意思要消化;译文的文字要推敲。有经验的译者可能一下笔就译好了,不过还是要推敲的时候多。

线上 xtw136

• Adventurer
  • 帖子数: 45
  • 苹果币: 0
« 回帖 #5 于: 2022-06-07, 周二 18:40:34 »
所以说为啥叫人放弃信仰的总是坏人呢(思考)

作者们反驳“我们应该抛弃信仰”的无信者,从来不是正面驳斥他们的理论,而是给他们塞一个邪恶的赞助人(比如隔壁的阿斯莫蒂斯之于神明非神会),仿佛这样就能驳倒这个理念......
在一个神真的存在且有影响力的世界观否定神至少也不能说是一般意义上的普通好人的。更接近自以为正确的阴谋论信众吧。

线上 璀璨星炬

• 版主
  • 帖子数: 2860
  • 苹果币: 1
« 回帖 #6 于: 2022-06-07, 周二 23:10:38 »
所以说为啥叫人放弃信仰的总是坏人呢(思考)

卡席不喜欢神,但是她还是LG
理想的译法是这样的:先把原文看懂,照原文译出来,看看念不念得下去,试删掉几个不一定用得着的字,看看是否有损文义和文气。如果有损,再补回来。试把不可少的字加进去,看看是否超出原文范围,增减以后和原文再校对一次。有些地方是否译错,语气的轻重是否恰如其分,原文的弦外之音译文是找不找得到?原文的意思要消化;译文的文字要推敲。有经验的译者可能一下笔就译好了,不过还是要推敲的时候多。

离线 Xtoril

• Hero
  • 帖子数: 727
« 回帖 #7 于: 2022-06-08, 周三 00:21:44 »
所以说为啥叫人放弃信仰的总是坏人呢(思考)

卡席不喜欢神,但是她还是LG
中立善良(
但除了對神的評論活像個立場很偏激的酸民以外
本質上還是個為了大眾好的醫學研究者就是了
雖然如果不是這種討厭神討厭到會去質疑對大部分人來說和空氣一樣自然存在的東西
到達對晨花女神吐口水的程度
他大概也無法完成不依靠魔法這類“輕鬆”途徑的科學治療法
« 上次编辑: 2022-06-08, 周三 00:29:21 由 Xtoril »

离线 宇治橋姬帕露西

• Guard
  • 帖子数: 137
Re: 【LOL】奇人列傳:卡席·阿茲芮爾 Kassi Aziril
« 回帖 #8 于: 2022-06-08, 周三 14:46:16 »
醫療專長又加強了,這套專長和別的技能專長強度不在一個水平

离线 原子能青蛙

• 版主
  • 帖子数: 4402
  • 苹果币: 3
« 回帖 #9 于: 2022-06-08, 周三 20:55:23 »
可是我认为的无神主义的意思是认为“神不存在”,或者期望神来拯救自己的人很可悲,或者从来没有什么救世主也不靠神仙皇帝,或者人依靠螺旋力踢爆一切造物主,包括但不限于以上种种……

劇透 -  签名折叠: