• Hero
  • 帖子数: 932
  • 苹果币: 0
  • 茶白有根白尾巴
    • 水晶镜子-纤云坊
Re: 【谜之私译坑】少年Gi的奇幻漂流
« 回帖 #60 于: 2013-08-09, 周五 22:20:33 »
安娜雅之树(Anaya's Tree),28sc

这块名为奎灵那斯提的土地已不再是吉尔赛那斯记忆中的模样。那儿发生了太多太多的变化,他感到很难说服自己他与莱萨格斯真的已经回到了故乡。这片精灵国度的天然森林一直以来总是蛮荒而人迹罕至,但如今迷宫般错综复杂的灌丛生长得如此茂密,在多数地方几乎阻塞了交通。苔藓的卷须从最高的枝条上披散下来,藤蔓与荆棘为占据粗大树干周围的地盘展开了争夺战。的确有些道路仍然保养良好,但——正如两位精灵得到的警告那样——那些道路上有黑暗骑士在巡逻。

他们在哈苟斯听说了那条如今占据了这座森林的庞大绿龙,碧雷(Beryl)的传闻。她承认精灵领袖们的地位,但那不过是因为他们在胁迫之下沦为了她卑贱的奴仆。对那群自从在混沌之夏中征服了精灵们后就一直以这片土地的领主自居的黑暗骑士们,他们也早已熟悉。

而今甚至连这群骑士的统治,也不过是在那条强大绿龙的勉强许可下进行的。

如今他同胞们的统治者,波修士曾一度持有的那块太阳之纹章(Sun Medallion)的继承人,是太阳咏者吉尔萨斯·索拉斯特伦(Speaker of the Sun Gilthas Solostaran)。他是吉尔赛那斯的妹妹罗拉娜与半精灵坦尼斯的儿子。吉尔赛那斯听说妹妹正与儿子一同居住在首都奎灵诺斯特,但他已经决心不去那儿。相反,他打算去寻找那位据称以逃犯之身寄身于密林深处的大哥,波修士。

为此,吉尔赛那斯只想到一处可以着手开始寻找的地点。

两位精灵骑上了自己的狮鹫——仍然是起初那三只将他俩从卡萨的温斯顿之塔一路带来这里的飞行家——前往那片森林。为了防止被碧雷或是黑暗骑士们发现,那些生物在高耸的树梢下方,在中等粗细的枝桠间那广阔的空间中低低飞翔。狮鹫与精灵骑手们前进得十分缓慢,从一棵树滑翔到另一棵树,停栖在粗壮的枝条上,用眼睛、耳朵与鼻孔探索着前方的状况。

最终,傍晚时分,他们来到了一处地方,多瘤而畸形的巨树构成的丛林在这里戛然而止。他们眼前是一片草甸,远方立着一排粗壮的橡树。许许多多的橡树组成了一个广阔的圆环,它们彼此长得十分贴近,林地的中央隐没在阴影与树皮之间。

“就在那儿……我知道。”吉尔赛那斯对莱斯说。

“应该有守卫。”年轻的精灵低声说,透过枝桠间的空隙往外看。

吉尔赛那斯点点头。他能闻到人类的气息;他们汗湿的、烟熏火燎的衣服,混合着火和钢铁的味道,嗅上去像是黑暗骑士。“我们把狮鹫留在这儿。”

那三只生物警惕地落在森林地面上方的粗壮枝条上,两位精灵缘树而下。夜色降临,他们看见了黑暗骑士们,有些徒步,有些骑在马背上,绕着橡树林规律地巡察。不过,对于两位蹑足潜踪的来客而言,这并不是什么不可逾越的挑战。在四人组成的一小队骑士过去之后,他们轻悄地穿过空地,很快进入了那片古树间凉爽而清新的地带。

来自熟悉林地的芬芳与氛围,像一枚温馨的茧包裹着吉尔赛那斯。他回忆起了那个整座森林都还拥有这样的气息的时代,想到自己的国度如今变成了这副模样,他心碎欲裂。

然而,他没有时间去悲悼。

他只是引着莱斯,穿过茂密的树林,踏着满是青苔的松软小道,在大丛大丛的蘑菇间走过。尽管树冠在头顶形成了厚重的顶棚,两位精灵还是看得很清楚。他们很快抵达了这片林子的中心,在一棵巨树面前停下了脚步。

这棵橡树的树干粗如一所小屋,粗糙有力的枝条高高伸入夜空。树的表面上铭刻着一道深深的裂痕,吉尔赛那斯瞬间感到一阵敬畏。他知道这处地点的历史——这份遗产不仅属于他的国家,也同样属于他的家族。这就是安娜雅之树,奎灵那斯提建国王姬斯卡南的恋人安娜雅化成的树。从这道裂缝中走出了西尔维兰·绿手(Silveran Greenhands),姬斯卡南的子嗣,同时也是咏者之位的继任者。

如今,吉尔赛那斯只能期望这份遗产能指引他与大哥重逢。

劇透 -   :
Anaya's Tree, 28sc

This place called Qualinesti was not the land that Gilthanas remembered. So many changes had affected it 
that he found it hard to convince himself that he and Lethagas had in fact returned to their homeland.
The natural forest of the elven kingdom had always been wild and trackless, but now a tangled maze of 
shrubbery grew so densely that, in most places, it all but blocked travel. Tendrils of moss draped from the 
loftiest branches, while vines and brambles fought for control around the mighty trunks. There were good, 
well-maintained roads, but—as the two elves had been warned—Dark Knights patrolled them.
They had heard the stories in Hargoth of the massive green dragon, Beryl, who now claimed this forest as 
her own. She tolerated the elven leaders, but only because she had intimidated them to the point of abject 
slavery. They knew of the Dark Knights, who presumed to walk as lords here since their conquest of the elves 
during the Summer of Chaos.
And even the Knights ruled only at the sufferance of the mighty green.
The current ruler of his people, inheritor of the Sun Medallion once held by Porthios, was the Speaker of the 
Sun Gilthas Solostaran. He was the son of Gilthanas's sister Laurana and of Tanis Half-Elven. Gilthanas had 
learned that his sister now lived with her son in the capital of Qualinost, but he had already decided against 
going there. Instead, he would seek his brother Porthios, reputed to live as an outlaw in the depths of the 
tangled forest.
For that quest, Gilthanas could think of only one plce to begin.
To reach the grove, the two elves rode their griffins, the original trio of the flyers that had brought the pair 
from Winston's Tower on Karthay. To avoid discovery by Beryl or the Dark Knights, the creatures flew beneath 
the towering treetops in the wide canopy of space above the middle branches. Progress was slow, with the 
griffins and their elven riders gliding from one tree to the next and then perching on stout limbs, searching 
before them with eyes, ears, and nostrils.
Finally, near nightfall, they came to a place where the gnarled and monstrous trees of the forest came to an 
abrupt end. Before them was a strip of meadow, beyond which rose a line of stout oak trees. The massive oaks 
formed a broad ring and grew so closely together that the center of the grove was lost in shadow and tree bark.
"This is the place ... I know it is," Gilthanas told Leth.
"There'll be guards," whispered the younger elf, peering out through the branches.
Gilthanas nodded. He could smell the presence of men; their sweat and smoky clothes mingled with the 
taste of fire and steel, marking them as Dark Knights. "Let's leave the griffins here."
The three creatures settled watchfully on stout limbs above the forest floor while the two elves scrambled 
down to the ground. As night fell, they saw that the Knights, some on foot and others on horseback, made 
regular rounds about the oak grove. Still, the two stealthy visitors did not find it an insurmountable challenge. 
After the passage of a quartet of riders, they crept across the strip of open ground and soon entered the cool 
freshness among the ancient trees.
The scent and ambiance of the familiar forest surrounded Gilthanas like a welcoming cocoon. He 
remembered when this had been the air of all these woods, and his heart broke at the thought of what his 
nation had become.
But he would take no time to grieve.
Instead, he led Leth through the thick trees and in between clumps of mushrooms on soft, mossy paths. 
Though the foliage created a thick canopy overhead, the pair of elves could see clearly. Soon they reached the 
heart of the grove and stopped before a massive tree.
The trunk of the oak was as big around as a cottage, and the limbs rose, gnarled but mighty, high into the 
night. A great crack was scored down the face of the tree, and Gilthanas felt a momentary reverence. He knew 
the history of this place—the legacy not just of his nation but of his family. This was the tree of Anaya, lover of 
Qualinesti's founder Kith-Kanan. And from that crack had stepped Silveran Greenhands, Kith-Kanan's heir 
and successor as the Speaker.
Now, Gilthanas could only hope that legacy would lead him to his brother.
« 上次编辑: 2013-08-12, 周一 23:03:52 由 茶白猫小修 »

吉尔赛那斯的冒险史诗 The Odyssey of Gilthanas [Appendix]

吟游诗人,历史,命运,文艺,音乐之神维纳sama,新的传说也请多多关照♪~

骰神牧师的布道
1.骰品守恒,神会为祂眷顾者关闭多余的门,让20与1出现在适当的地方。
2.骰子之神属于绝对中立阵营,宿命领域的愿赌服输是骰神教义的一部分。
3.骰子之神与规则之神关系良好,漠视规则和欺骗规则者必遭到骰神惩罚。
4.敬请谨记,若不重视自身加值,出20不算过的情形下,骰神也爱莫能助。

离线 茶白猫小修

• 骰神牧师
  • Hero
  • 茶白有根白尾巴
    • 水晶镜子-纤云坊
« 回帖 #61 于: 2013-08-10, 周六 17:03:10 »
“我听说你来了奎灵纳斯提……我想你也许会来这里。”

听到这句话——这毫无疑问是波修士的声音——他难以置信地转过身去,声音从附近的一棵橡树背后传来。

“大哥!我想我也只可能在这儿找到你了!”吉尔赛那斯迈步向那边走去,却被对方严厉的嗓音制止了。

“等一下!我会让你看看我的,但你先得知道,我已经变了,弟弟……悲痛与战争令我伤痕累累。”波修士用低沉的声音解释道。

吉尔赛那斯指指那道纵贯自己眼窝的疤痕。“我也是一样。”他回答道。

即便如此,他也没有做好足够的心理准备去面对他的兄长。波修士将头部隐藏在深深的兜帽之下,但他的脸上疤痕纵横,如同皱纹一般。他的唇与皮肤融合成光滑的一体,令他的笑容看上去阴森可怖,像某种无肉骷髅的睨视。可是他的眸子里洋溢着喜悦,他的双臂紧紧搂住吉尔赛那斯,给了弟弟一个最为深情的拥抱。许久许久,这对兄弟抱在一起,一句话也没有说,甚至连呼吸都几乎停止了。

“我梦见你来了,”波修士柔声说,“我等着你,我知道你终究会来到这儿。”

“我流浪了很久很远,大哥。”吉尔赛那斯吸了一口气,谈起他的追寻,谈起那一路的疯狂、欺骗与绝望,“可是当我回到家乡的时候,我清楚,我必须来这儿,来安娜雅之树。”

“幸亏你没有去那座城市。”波修士说,“黑暗骑士们会在一分钟之内抓住你——哪怕我们的外甥没有亲手把你交给他们。”

“吉尔萨斯……他背叛了他的人民……和他的家人?我听说过这样的传闻,但我无法相信他会这么做,也无法相信我们的妹妹会让他这么做!”

波修士深表遗憾地耸了耸肩:“说实话,我认为他没有多少选择的余地。他被许多方向的力量拖来拽去,向一位霸主示好在另一位霸主跟前或许就意味着死亡。确切地说,奎灵那斯提已经不是你离开时的那片土地了。”

这位兄长把自己的双手搁在吉尔赛那斯肩上,坦率地直视着他:“也不是你该停留的地方,我的弟弟。”

年轻的王子深受打击:“可是你还在这儿……以逃犯之身,我清楚,但你在抵抗黑暗骑士与那条绿龙!你是说我不够好,不够资格留在你身边战斗吗?”

波修士摇摇头:“当然,你足够……但我知道:你正在寻觅一件珍宝,而你在这儿是找不到它的。你不应该放弃追寻。”

“西悠瓦拉?我已经失去她了,大哥。她已经永远离开我了!”

“也许是这样……也许不是。你知道,你现在身处的地方离她的古老故乡很近,离帕拉丁曾触碰克莱恩的那一处也很近。”

“圣白石(Whitestone)——圣奎斯特(Sancrist)的圣白石!”吉尔赛那斯说。他记起曾听过她充满敬意地谈起圣白石大草地(Whitestone Glade)。在她许多年前离开卡拉曼之前,曾提及过想去造访那片圣地,在那儿冥想几天。“她当然会去那儿试图与她的神交流。我会首先去一趟圣白石大草地,然后要是她也不在那儿,我还可以去南亚苟斯的雾港谷(Foghaven Vale)。”

“我也说不准……只是这么建议罢了,要是我付出了你那么多的努力,一定会想方设法去完成剩余的旅程。”

“你说得对,大哥。我得走了。”

莱斯和吉尔赛那斯在黎明前离开了那片树林,他们一路爬过草地,进入森林的树木之间。头顶三只狮鹫白色的形体勉强可辨,仍旧栖在先前的枝干上。

他们正准备上树,就被附近传来的一声惊呼吓了一跳。

“放我走!住手!”一个声音划破夜空,那是一个女精灵音乐般的美声。

“这个时间,出现在这儿,”一个低沉的,无疑是人类的声音吼道,“你知道,这片树林禁止入内——你去和队长谈谈吧,非去不可。”

“不要啊!”那精灵的声音惊恐得凄厉起来。

在吉尔赛那斯反应过来之前,莱萨格斯就抄起剑奔入黑暗。王子听见一声尖锐的咒骂,紧接着是一连串的咕哝声。他刚站起身准备跟上,莱斯就回来了,牵着一个披头散发的——可是非常美丽的——白发精灵女子的手。她穿着一身剪裁与卡冈那斯提精灵类似的皮衣。“快走!”他低声说,“上狮鹫!”

“谢谢你——你救了我的命!”那女子气喘吁吁地说。她忽然把莱斯拉近身边,两人双唇交叠,然后是一个激烈的、压倒性的吻。

“我们得从这儿出去!”吉尔赛那斯急切地嘘了一声。

在数秒的紧抱之后,那精灵女子总算松开了莱萨格斯。她望着他,眼光里流露出纯粹的崇拜,而莱斯这边则是似乎连站都站不稳了。他艰难地喘着气,头晕目眩地傻笑个不停。

这一对儿用某种方式手牵着手爬上了树来到狮鹫身边。他们停下来再次来了个充满激情的吻,然后乘上三只坐骑。在身后响起更多的警报声之前,那群身披羽毛的生物就飞远了。

“我叫艾拉(Alla),”那位新伙伴朝着莱萨格斯说,“全亏了你我才能活下来——我欠你的太多了。”

“那群守卫为什么袭击你?”年轻的精灵问道,回想起那一幕,他的声音由于愤怒而紧绷起来。

“我……我想进那片神圣的树林祭拜我的父亲,”艾拉答道,“但黑暗骑士们不允许这么做。他们原本会杀了我!”

“现在你安全了,在我们身边。”莱斯殷勤地宣告。三位精灵乘着他们的狮鹫,肩并肩地飞过海洋,向圣奎斯特岛(Isle of Sancrist)而去。

劇透 -   :
"I heard you had come to Qualinesti... I thought you might come here."
He whirled in disbelief as the words—as the unmistakable voice of Porthios—reached him from behind a 
nearby oak.
"My brother! I could only hope to find you here!" Gilthanas started to step forward but was halted by the 
stern voice.
"Wait! I will let you look at me, but know that I have changed, brother ... I am scarred by grief and war," 
Porthios stated in a low voice.
Gilthanas fingered the slash that crossed his eye. "So am I," he replied.
Even so, he was not prepared for the view of his elder brother. Porthios concealed his head with a deep 
hood, but scars wrinkled his face. His lips merged smoothly into his skin, making his smile seem ghastly, like 
the leer of some fleshless skull. But his eyes danced with joy, and his arms clasped Gilthanas in an embrace of 
deepest affection. For long moments the two brothers hugged, without speaking, barely even breathing.
"I dreamed you'd come," Porthios said softly. "I waited for you and knew your travels would bring you here."
"I have wandered far, brother." Gilthanas drew a breath, and talked of his quest, of the madness and 
deception and despair that had marked his path. "But when I came home, I knew that I had to come here, to 
Anaya's Tree."
"It is good that you did not go to the city," Porthis said. "The Dark Knights would have taken you in a 
minute—even if our nephew didn't turn you over to them himself."
"Gilthas... he has betrayed his people ... his family? I've heard the stories, but I can't believe he would do 
this or that our sister would let him!"
Porthios shrugged with real regret. "Truth to tell, I don't think he has much choice. He is pulled in every 
direction, and to embrace one master would be to die before another. Suffice to say that Qualinesti is not the 
land you left."
The elder brother put his hands on Gilthanas's shoulders and looked at him frankly. "Nor is it a place you 
should plan to stay, my brother."
The younger prince was shocked. "But you live here ... an outlaw, I know, but you resist the Dark Knights 
and the green dragon! Are you saying I'm not good enough to fight at your side?"
Porthios shook his head. "Of course you are . . . but I know this about you: You are seeking a treasure, and 
you will not find it here. Nor should you abandon your quest."
"Silvara? I have lost her, my brother. She is gone to me!"
"Perhaps ... perhaps not. You know that you are close to her ancient home and to the place where Paladine 
touched Krynn."
"Whitestone—on Sancrist!" Gilthanas said. He remembered hearing her speak with reverence of 
Whitestone Glade. Before she left Kalaman many years ago, she had mentioned that she wanted to visit that 
hallowed site to meditate for several days. "Of course she would seek communion with her god there. I'll visit 
the Glade first, and if she isn't there still, I can visit Foghaven Vale in Southern Ergoth."
"I cannot say for certain ... but only suggest that, if I had come as far as you, I would find a way to finish the 
rest of the journey."
"You are right, brother. I must go."
Leth and Gilthanas left the grove before the dawn, crawling through the meadow to the trees of the forest 
proper. Above them they could barely make out the white shapes of the three griffins, still perched on their 
limbs.
They were about to climb the tree when a nearby exclamation startled them.
"Let go! Stop that!" A voice, the musical tones of a female elf, jolted through the night.
"Here, now," growled a deep, unquestionably human response. "You know these woods are off 
limits—you'll be speaking to the captain, you will."
"No!" Now the elven voice was shrill with terror.
Before Gilthanas could react, Lethagas, sword in hand, bolted through the darkness. The prince heard a 
sharp oath, followed by a gurgling grunt. He had just risen to follow when Leth came back, leading a 
disheveled—but very pretty—white-haired elf woman by the hand. She wore leathers cut similarly to that of a 
Kagonesti elf. "C'mon!" he whispered. "Get to the griffins!"
"Thank you—you saved my life!" gasped the female. Abruptly she pulled Leth to her, and their lips met in a 
fierce, crushing kiss.
"We've got to get out of here!" Gilthanas hissed urgently.
Only after another few seconds of taut embrace did the elf woman release Lethagas. She looked at him 
with pure adoration, while Leth, for his part, seemed unsteady on his feet. He was breathing hard, and his face 
was locked in a giddy grin.
Somehow, the pair held hands while they climbed the trees to the griffins. They paused for another 
passionate kiss before mounting the three flyers. The feathered creatures flew away before further sounds of 
alarm rose from below.
"I am called Alla," said their new companion, addressing Lethagas. "And I owe you my life ... everything that 
I have."
"Why were the guards attacking you?" demanded the young elf, his voice tight with rage as he remembered 
the scene.
"I... I was trying to enter the sacred grove and honor my father," Alla replied. "But that is forbidden by the 
Dark Knights. They would have killed me!"
"You are safe, now, with us," Leth declared gallantly. Riding three abreast, the trio of elves on their griffins 
flew over the sea toward the Isle of Sancrist.
« 上次编辑: 2013-08-12, 周一 11:04:11 由 茶白猫小修 »

骰神牧师的布道

离线 茶白猫小修

• 骰神牧师
  • Hero
  • 茶白有根白尾巴
    • 水晶镜子-纤云坊
« 回帖 #62 于: 2013-08-10, 周六 20:41:42 »
几个译名改动的说明:
Sun Medallion这个词,在龙枪传承里翻成太阳护身符,但因为这里之前有说到某镇长的标志物也是Medallion,个人觉得应该是类似火纹里“艾露兰的纪念纹章”那个译法,所以纠结半天还是改译成太阳之纹章了……
以及Silvanost(首都名)和Silvanos(人名)在年表里均译为西瓦诺斯,但我想还是应该区别一下,所以把前者改为西瓦诺斯特,相应地这边的首都也改为奎灵诺斯特。
Foghaven Vale在泰索何夫发誓他永远永远不会对人说的故事里有提到,但译者在文中三次出现分别翻成迷雾谷浓雾谷和雾谷。。。我……还是算了,雾港谷就好。
« 上次编辑: 2013-08-12, 周一 23:04:05 由 茶白猫小修 »

骰神牧师的布道

离线 茶白猫小修

• 骰神牧师
  • Hero
  • 茶白有根白尾巴
    • 水晶镜子-纤云坊
« 回帖 #63 于: 2013-08-11, 周日 14:53:26 »
劫持:圣白石大草地,28sc

“您觉得他们仍在看顾着我们吗?”

自从我承担了训练威廉爵士(Sir Willam)并测试他是否够格晋升为圣剑骑士的任务之后,就一直在等着他问出这个问题。为了进一步加深对他的了解,我自行决定陪他一同在圣白石大草地上放哨。圣白石大草地是安塞隆最为神圣的地点之一。直到数年以前,我们还相信魔法已经离去,但随后一位年轻的玫瑰骑士林霞·马哲理坚信是诸神亲自出手干预,在大草地救她于一名袭击者手中。这个冬夜,荒芜林间呼啸而过的寒风显得格外刺耳,那位年轻的骑士或许需要与人聊聊,以把注意力从寒冷上转移开去。

“威廉,你怎么看?”

他的目光游移着,扫过眼前的整片圣白石大草地。那块巨大的石头在苍白的月光下闪耀着。“我也不清楚。父亲教导我,无论诸神在与不在都必须敬拜他们。否则就违反了骑士规章:因为神离并不代表我们要停止敬拜他们,或不再遵从他们的约束。可是,您认为,他们真的已经离开了吗?”

“好吧,你也听说过林霞女士在这片大草地上的经历。她认为那奇迹来自诸神,而非她自己的内心。我倾向于相信她,因为两点。其一:她曾在金月本人膝下接受教导,掌握了诸神最后的礼物(Final Gift)。其二,她是一名玫瑰骑士,我认为她的荣誉无需质疑。”

“我从未打算质疑她的荣誉,阁下,我也从未打算质疑她的陈述的真实性。雪莉儿女士(Lady Sheryl)疑心这是我的真实想法,为了捍卫她朋友的尊严,她在训练场上把我狠狠揍了一顿,而我不希望与您这位担任我晋升圣剑骑士担保人的骑士重演这场误会。我只是情不自禁地怀疑。随着诸神的离去,有许多事改变了。我们真的能确信自己守卫的是个神圣的地点吗?”

“不能。”我说,“我们能确信的只有自己的信仰与骑士规章。如果你学会忠于它们,并坚持依它们的标准行事,就能成为一位称职的圣剑骑士。”

“我只想看一次,”威廉喃喃道,“我想看群星再闪耀一次,像维纳斯·索兰那斯(Vinas Solamnus)所看见的那样。我想知道是不是真的还有比我们更加伟大的存在——除了巨龙之外。我真的好想看到一点迹象,表明他们还存在于这世界之外的某处,表明我们的侍奉还有意义。”

“要是真有证据的话,威廉,”我说,“那信念又重要在哪里呢?我们没法装作自己懂得诸神的想法,甚至也没法确定他们还会赐予我们他们存在的证据——除了我们的生命本身,以及他们留给这世界那份最后的礼物——秘术师的魔力。”

“塔克西丝仍然在向黑暗骑士们耳语,或者说,他们是这么宣称的。”

我耸耸肩:“要是你打算相信那群黑暗骑士,威廉,那么你就可以把它视作诸神仍然活跃在这世上的证据。要是你下足够的功夫去寻找,或许能找到属于你自己的证据。说不定你会在这儿,就在这片大草地上找到它。”

他又望向星空:“您又相信什么呢,盖文爵士(Sir Gavin)?”

“我的信念并不重要。重要的是你的信念。我想告诉你:我相信骑士们的善良。我相信我们的职责是抵抗各种形式的邪恶,那份帕拉丁、奇力·裘理斯(Kiri-Jolith)和哈巴库克(Habbakuk)赋予索兰那斯的职责,如今仍然属于我们。诸神无需通过圣职者们的舌灿莲花来感召我明白这一点。”

威廉若有所思地望着我,然后沉默了。

我注视着圣白石。我讨厌思考诸神的问题,因为在我还是个孩子的时候,这总是令我开始思考骑士团的事。我成长在一个索兰尼亚骑士复兴的时代。新成员多如过江之鲫,而诸神也再一次指引着他们前进。我梦想着成为我父亲那样的人,他是一位圣剑骑士,一位神圣的战士,他在青年时代就遵循奇力·裘理斯的意志,打击着整个安塞隆大陆残存的龙人军。

悲哀的是,我后来没能学他的榜样。我在东望城堡的莉娃·银刃女士(Lady Riva Silverblade of Castle Eastwatch)麾下担任侍从的那几周间,黑暗骑士入侵并攻占了帕兰萨斯。正当骑士团重整旗鼓准备反攻时,混沌踏上了克莱恩的大地,我们必须与黑暗骑士联手,将他击退回他来处的无底深渊(Abyss)。

蓝龙与银龙们像他们的人类战友一样团结起来,索兰尼亚骑士与塔克西丝骑士一同突入深渊。但侍从们没有。侍从们待在后方,与普通战士和骑士团首脑们一同坚守着防线。混沌被击退了,而代价则是对抗他的几乎全体人员的生命。

若不是利亚姆·厄林勋爵与刚萨勋爵对骑士规章的修订,骑士团或许已经灭亡了。与黑暗骑士并肩作战重建安塞隆的尝试几乎使我们的骑士团毁于一旦……他们谋杀了刚萨勋爵,尝试夺取圣奎斯特的控制权,毁灭我们。那是据传塔克西丝再度开始在他们耳边低语之前的事,但这显然揭示了一个事实:他们满口荣誉说得头头是道,实际上却毫无荣誉感可言。

尽管我们活了下来,我仍然觉得我们只不过是前辈们的一份苍白摹本。父亲的盔甲在阳光中闪闪发光,他视察他的部队时就像个穿行于人群中的巨人一般。我必须努力地打磨自己的盔甲,努力专注于骑士规章,使自己的行为有助于推行诸神的教诲……因为在那些最黑暗的时刻,我对诸神,对索兰尼亚骑士团的信仰都十分脆弱。

劇透 -   :
The Abduction: Whitestone Glade, 28sc

"Do you think they still watch over us?"
I ad been waiting for this question ever since I took on the duties of preparing and then testing Sir Willam 
for advancement in the Order of the Sword. As part of my effort to get to know him, I had assigned myself to 
share his watch in the Whitestone Glade, one of the most holy sites in Ansalon. Until just a few years ago, we 
had believed magic had fled, but then a young Rose Knight named Linsha Majere believed that the 
intervention of the gods themselves saved her from an attacker in the Glade. This night, the winter wind 
blowing through the barren forest seemed particularly harsh, and the young Knight probably needed the 
conversation to take his mind off the cold.
"What do you think, Willam?"
His eyes wandered across the Whitestone Glade before us. The massive stone glinted under the light of 
the pale moon. "I don't know. My father taught me to honor the gods whether they are present or not. Anything 
less would be a violation of the Measure: Just because the gods are absent doesn't mean we should stop 
honoring them or obeying their strictures. But do you think they're really gone?"
"Well, you've heard of Lady Linsha's experience in the Glade. She believes it came from the gods, not from 
within her. I'm inclined to believe her because of two things. First, she was taught to master the Final Gift of the 
gods at the feet of Goldmoon herself. Second, she is a Rose Knight and I consider her honor to be beyond 
question."
"I would never question her honor, Sir, nor the truthfulness of her statement. Lady Sheryl beat me soundly 
on the training field to defend her friend's honor when she suspected I was doing that very thing, and I do not 
want to repeat the mistake with the Knight who may sponsor me for admittance into the Order of the Sword. I 
just can't help but wonder. Much changed in the wake of the gods' departure. Can we truly be certain that we 
guard a holy site?"
"We can't," I said. "All we can be sure of is our own beliefs and the Measure. If you learn to be true to those 
and to uphold their standards, you will serve effectively as a Knight of the Sword."
"Just once," Willam muttered. "I'd like to see the stars flash as they did for Vinas Solamnus. I'd like to know 
that there really is something greater than us that isn't a dragon. I would really like to have a sign that they are 
still out there and that our service to them means something."
"If there is proof, Willam," I said, "then what does belief matter? We cannot pretend we know the minds of 
gods, nor will we ever be certain that they will again give us proof of their existence beyond life itself and the 
Final Gift of mystic magic that they bestowed upon the world."
"Takhisis still whispers to the Dark Knights. Or so they claim."
I shrugged. "If you wish to believe the Dark Knights, Willam, then you have your proof that the gods are still 
active in the world. If you seek hard enough, maybe you'll find your own proof. Or maybe it's right here in this 
Glade."
He looked back at the stars. "What do you believe, Sir Gavin?"
"What I believe is unimportant. Your beliefs are what matter. I will tell you this: I believe in the good of the 
Knighthoods. I believe that our duty to oppose Evil in all its forms, the duty that Paladine, Kiri-Jolith, and 
Habbakuk charged Vinas Solamnus with, is still ours. The gods do not need to impress me with priestly parlor 
tricks for me to know that.
Willam gave me a thoughtful look, then fell silent.
I looked at the Whitestone. I hate thinking about the gods, because it always starts me thinking about the 
Orders when I was a child. I grew up during an age of revival for the Solamnic Knighthood. The ranks were 
swelling with new members and the gods were again guiding them forward. I dreamed of being like my father, 
a Sword Knight, a holy warrior who in his youth had brought the will of Kiri-Jolith to the remnants of the 
dragonarmies all across Ansalon.
Sadly, I was not to follow his example. Within weeks of my becoming a squire to Lady Riva Silverblade of 
Castle Eastatch, the Dark Knights invaded and seized Palanthas. As the Orders rallied to counterattack, 
Chaos walked the surface of Krynn and we had to unite with the Dark Knights to drive him back to the Abyss 
from whence he had come.
Blue and silver dragons united as their human allies had, and together the Knights of Solamnia and the 
Knights of Takhisis plunged into the Abyss. But not squires. Squires remained behind to hold the fortifications 
along with common warriors and the heads of the Orders. Chaos was defeated, but at the cost of virtually 
everyone who went to oppose him.
If it hadn't been for Lord Liam Ehrling and Lord Gunthar's revised Measure, the Knighthood would probably 
have died. The attempt to join with the Dark Knights in rebuilding Ansalon almost led to our own Knighthood's 
destruction anyway . . . they murdered Lord Gunthar and attempted to seize control of Sancrist and destroy us. 
This was before Takhisis supposedly started whispering in their ears again, but it clearly demonstrated the fact 
that they pay lip service to the concept of honor but in fact have none.
Although we've survived, I still feel as though we are but a pale imitation of our forebears. My father's armor 
glittered in sun. He was like a giant walking among men when he inspected his troops. I have to struggle to 
keep my armor polished, and I have to struggle to keep focused on the Measure and to keep my actions 
devoted to furthering the precepts of the gods... because in my darkest moments, my faith both in them and in 
the Solamnic Orders is weak.
« 上次编辑: 2013-08-15, 周四 00:35:40 由 茶白猫小修 »

骰神牧师的布道

离线 茶白猫小修

• 骰神牧师
  • Hero
  • 茶白有根白尾巴
    • 水晶镜子-纤云坊
« 回帖 #64 于: 2013-08-11, 周日 16:17:26 »
“嗬!”威廉大喝一声,他的话音和长剑出鞘的摩擦声把我的注意力唤回我们的执勤任务上。“谁在那儿?”

“请停手,骑士先生,”树林中有个黑色的身影说道,他的索兰尼亚语带着点轻微的口音。“我们是自己人,来打听些消息的。”

说话的人从林间现身,踏上被月光照得通明的大草地。这是一位金发碧眼的精灵男子,比他的一般同族略高一些。他身上有某些地方让我感到有点儿熟悉。当另外两位精灵走出树林时,我的心跳几乎停止了。其中一位是相当不起眼的男子,而另一位……

白发流泻在她脸颊周围,构成了一幅美丽的景象,我注意到,在她厚厚的冬用斗篷下面是一身南亚苟斯的卡冈那斯提精灵传统穿着的鹿皮服装。看到她,我就想起了我先前是在哪儿见过那位金发碧眼的精灵的!在卡拉曼领主的城堡里,挂着一幅在长枪战争后不久绘制的他俩的人像画!这一刻吉尔赛那斯与西悠瓦拉走进了我的生活!

可是他们俩不是都已经过世了吗?会不会是诸神回应了我的祈祷?他们俩是从过去穿越而来,要带我一同回去的吗?但很快,事实就证明这些欢喜的念头都是愚蠢的,蠢到我本该在它们涌现在我脑海的第一时间就发现这一点。

“我是奎灵那斯提的吉尔赛那斯,”吉尔赛那斯说,“这两位是我信赖的伙伴,莱斯和艾拉。我们来圣奎斯特打听关于善龙们的消息。”

“您不是西悠瓦拉?”我问那位被吉尔赛那斯称作艾拉的卡冈那斯提精灵。

她眨了眨眼:“诸神在上,当然不是!”

艾拉与莱斯交换了一个眼色。我起初以为是他们被我的失态逗乐了,但随即注意到她伸出手去,碰了碰莱斯的手。她的动作迅速又短暂,但这已经足以令我明白过来,要是她是谁的恋人的话,无疑是他的。

我的心思一定在脸上表露无遗,因为吉尔赛那斯说道:“我不介意,骑士先生,我向您保证。但我们的确需要您的帮助,倘若您不吝提供的话。”

“我会尽我所能地提供帮助,但先请原谅我的失礼。我是圣剑骑士盖文爵士,这位是皇冠骑士威廉爵士。此外,一位像您这样的王子应该有人为您引路去城堡,殿下,”我答道,“是码头的哪个人把您送到这儿来了?”

“没有谁这么做。我们是骑着狮鹫来的,但我想还是降落在树林里,不惊动城堡的守卫为好。我打算顺路重游圣白石大草地……对了,老实说,我看到你们的惊讶程度,并不在你们看到我之下。”

“为什么?”威廉问。

“我原以为诸神已经离开了。为什么还要值守这片地方?”

“指挥官的缺席并不意味着可以理直气壮地忘了保养他的装备,或是忘了完成他下达的任务,那样做太失礼了。”我说,“并且,我们相信帕拉丁的神力仍然驻留在此地。”

“是吗?”吉尔赛那斯扫视大草地,他无疑注意到了枯萎的衰草,这儿曾经一度永恒的春天已经不再。他没有对此发表评论,只是一脸认真地看着我,“那么,西悠瓦拉一定来过这儿。在所有神明中她最崇敬的就是帕拉丁。”

“那就是您需要我们帮助解决的问题吗?寻找西悠瓦拉小姐?”

“是的。我们在卡拉曼分道扬镳。我拼命地尝试找到她。她来过吗?她还在协助骑士们继续侍奉诸神吗?”

“或许,”我说,“我不清楚。倘若她来过圣奎斯特,利亚姆勋爵应该知道此事。来吧,随我们一道进城堡去。威廉会照看您的骑兽。”

“不用了,我想最好还是由我们来照看,骑士先生。”莱斯说,“狮鹫对陌生人态度不是特别好,尤其是像这几只那样未经训练的狮鹫。”

“我明白了。如果您愿意的话,莱斯,在您和艾拉照看它们的期间我们在这儿等着。”

“我得和他们一起去。”威廉说,“森林里可能有侏儒造的玩意儿。”

这让我有点吃惊,但我想不出有什么理由拒绝他的申请。当他跟着莱斯和艾拉离开空地时,我再次看见她短暂地碰了碰她的同伴。

劇透 -   :
"Ho!" Willam cried, his voice and the hiss of his sword leaving its scabbard bringing my attention back to our 
guard duty. "Who goes there?"
"Stay your hand, Sir Knight," said a dark figure among the trees, his Solamnian tinged with a slight accent. 
"We are friends who have come in search of information."
The speaker emerged from the trees, stepping into the moonlight-drenched glade. He was a 
blonde-tressed elf male who was slightly taller than is the average among his kind. Something about him was 
slightly familiar. When two other elves emerged from the woods, my heart almost stopped. One was a fairly 
nondescript male, but the other ...
White hair flowed around her face, which was a vision of beauty, and under her thick winter cloak I caught 
sight of the buckskin garments traditionally worn by the Kagonesti elves on Southern Ergoth. Because of her, 
I knew where I'd seen the blond elf before! In Kalaman, in the castle of the lord, there hangs a portrait of the 
two painted shortly after the War of the Lance! Gilthanas and Silvara had just stepped into my life!
But weren't they both dead? Could the gods have answered my prayers? Could they have come from the 
past to take me back with them? But these joyous thoughts were swiftly proven as silly as I should have 
recognized them to be the moment they entered my head.
"I am Gilthanas of Qualinesti," Gilthanas said, "and these are my trusted companions, Leth and Alla. We 
have come to Sancrist in search of information about the Good dragons."
"You are not Silvara?" I asked the Kagonesti Gilthanas identified as Alla.
She blinked. "By the gods, no!"
Alla and Leth exchanged looks. My first thought was that they were amused at my expense, but then I 
noticed that she reached out and touched Leth's hand. It was a quick and very brief movement, but enough to 
make me realize that if she was anyone's love, she was his.
My thoughts must have appeared in my face, for Gilthanas said, "No offense has been given, Sir Knight, let 
me assure you of that. But we do need your help, if you can grant it."
"I will help in whatever way I can, but first forgive my manners. I am Sir Gavin, Knight of the Sword and this 
is Sir Willam, Knight of the Crown. Further, a prince such as yourself should have been directed to the castle, 
Your Highness," I replied. "Which of the men at the docks sent you here instead?"
"None. We arrived on the backs of griffins, but I thought it best to land in the woods and not cause alrm in 
the castle. I wanted to revisit the Whitestone Glade along the way... and, honestly, I was as surprised to see 
you two here as you must have been to see me."
"How so?" Willam asked.
"I thought the gods gone. Why guard this place?"
"Your commander's absence does not mean that it is appropriate to disrespect him by forgetting to tend to 
his equipment or accomplish the tasks he set before you," I said. "Besides, we believe that Paladine's power 
still resides here."
"Is that so?" Gilthanas swept his eyes across the Glade, undoubtedly noting the withered grass and the 
absence of the eternal spring that once had existed there. He did not comment on that, but instead looked at 
me with an earnest expression. "Then Silvara must have been here. She honored Paladine above all other 
gods."
"Is that what you require our assistance with? Finding the Lady Silvara?"
"Yes. We parted ways in Kalaman. I am desperately trying to find her. Has she been here? Has she been 
assisting the Knighthoods in continuing their service to the gods?"
"Perhaps," I said. "I don't know. If she has visited Sancrist, Lord Liam would know. Come, follow us to the 
castle. Willam will attend to your beasts."
"No, I believe it's best if we take care of that, Sir Knight," Leth said. "Griffins don't take particularly well to 
strangers, especially not ones that are barely tamed such as these."
"Understood. If you would be so kind, Leth, we will wait here while you and Alla take care of them then."
"I should go along," Willam said. "There may be gnome creations in the forest."
This took me somewhat aback, but I saw no reason to deny his request. As he followed Leth and Alla from 
the clearing, I again saw her touch her companion very briefly.
« 上次编辑: 2013-08-12, 周一 14:11:44 由 茶白猫小修 »

骰神牧师的布道

离线 茶白猫小修

• 骰神牧师
  • Hero
  • 茶白有根白尾巴
    • 水晶镜子-纤云坊
« 回帖 #65 于: 2013-08-12, 周一 11:53:43 »

我们回到城堡已是深夜,利亚姆勋爵自然已经就寝了。吉尔赛那斯执意不愿打搅他,因此我让威廉联系管家为他们安排住宿,自己则告知下一班哨兵提早前往大草地开始执勤。

第二天早晨,我从一位听差那儿听说,吉尔赛那斯向利亚姆勋爵打听了西悠瓦拉的事,但利亚姆对她的下落全然不知。我想起了数年前来自南亚苟斯的一份急报。那份急报声称那里发现了一条银龙。我疑心自己是否该把这件事告诉那位精灵王子,还是说这只会徒然将他卷入一场无果的追逐。但随后另一位听差告诉我利亚姆勋爵邀请我出席今晚为吉尔赛那斯举办的晚宴。我决定到时候和精灵王子谈谈。白天我得考虑训练威廉的问题。今天我和雪莉儿女士预备操练他运用长棍的技巧。

劇透 -   :

When we returned the castle, Lord Liam had, naturally, already retired for the night. Gilthanas insisted that 
he not be disturbed, and so I had Willam contact the seneschal to arrange quarters for them while I contacted 
the shift after ours to tell them to start their watch in the Glade early.
The following morning, I heard from a page that Gilthanas had asked Lord Liam about Silvara, but that Liam 
knew not of her whereabouts. My thoughts drifted back to a dispatch from Southern Ergoth dating back a few 
years. It claimed that a silver dragon had been spotted there. I wondered if I should tell the elf-prince, or if it 
would just be sending him off on a fruitless chase. But, then I received word through another page that Lord 
Liam expected my attendance at a feast that evening in Gilthanas's honor. I decided to speak with the 
elf-prince then. I had Willam's training to think about during the day. Lady Sheryl and I were to drill him in skill 
with polearms today.
« 上次编辑: 2013-08-12, 周一 13:22:44 由 茶白猫小修 »

骰神牧师的布道

离线 茶白猫小修

• 骰神牧师
  • Hero
  • 茶白有根白尾巴
    • 水晶镜子-纤云坊
« 回帖 #66 于: 2013-08-12, 周一 12:46:47 »

尽管安排得相当仓促,这场晚宴仍然足够豪华,配得上接待一位王族来宾——例如奎灵那斯提精灵吉尔赛那斯——应有的礼节。天位骑士邀请麾下的高阶骑士们出席晚宴,因此两位新晋的圣剑骑士前往大草地代我值下一班。我邀请威廉一同出席,因为我认为身为导师应当参与到学生各方面的训练中去——而学着在一场盛宴上端坐不动数小时,或许是一项重要的社交技能。

我环视大礼堂(Grand Hall),发现这处房间约可以容纳五倍于目前在座的人数。利亚姆勋爵站起身作了段简短的演说,并向吉尔赛那斯与他的同伴们致以欢迎祝酒,我注意到他的声音在礼堂中回荡。我的思绪又被拉回了我还是个孩子的时候。我有时会偷偷爬上礼堂二楼四周的阳台,观看刚萨勋爵与骑士们的宴饮,火把的光亮在他们的盔甲上舞动。在刚萨勋爵或是其他骑士向人群祝酒时,那声音从不会在四壁引起回声,因为整个房间几乎都坐得满满当当。

我移步入席,眼光打量着全体骑士,当利亚姆勋爵讲话时,大部分人都注视着他。只有两人与众不同,一位注视着威廉——那是雪莉儿女士,从她接受神眷之女克丽珊娜(Revered Daughter Crysania)的特别指定,指挥那位可敬的女牧师的仪仗队起,就一直渴望吸引他的注意——而另一位是威廉本人,他注视着艾拉。

雪莉儿女士是个悲剧。她在新港(New Ports)这个不入流的城镇长大,不大擅长宫廷交际艺术,而威廉则有点过于迟钝,不理解她在训练场上摆出一副高姿态并非羞辱他,而是在试图吸引他的注意。有趣的是,成年人们在涉及情爱的事情上时常会变得孩子气,例如雪莉儿,她本该直截了当地告诉他自己的感受,可她总是诉诸嘲讽与拳头。在其他场合她从不怕羞,因此要是她向他告白,没有谁会觉得奇怪。唯一的例外大概是威廉,他一定要多惊讶有多惊讶。

我瞥了一眼艾拉。她穿着借来的礼服,戴着借来的珠宝,看上去比早些时候更加明艳照人。我很明白为何威廉无法自制地盯着她看。在大草地上,她异国风情的形象就迷住了那个少年,而如今他已经完全被这位美丽得无与伦比的高贵女子的外貌所魅惑。我感觉自己期盼威廉足够睿智,不要让她的美丽虏获了他的心。

我看见莱斯的手伸向她搁在桌上的手指,温柔地揉弄,我的期盼更强烈了。艾拉转向他,他热切地微笑着。这更加证实了我昨天的怀疑:他们是一对情侣,也就是说,他们之间没有威廉插足的余地。

宴会的过程中,吉尔赛那斯把大部分时间都花在与利亚姆爵士攀谈上。他显然与世隔绝了好一段时间,对混沌之战以来那些动荡岁月的所知充斥着各种误传。在谈到索兰尼亚骑士的现状时,吉尔赛那斯突然咒骂起奥拉菲爵士,打断了天位骑士关于我们如何在许多区域建立地下组织的解说。他很快为自己的冲动致歉,而后解释说,他在卡拉曼停留的一年间奥拉菲对他撒了各种各样的谎,其中也包括骑士们待在圣奎斯特闭关不出的“事实”。

“他或许不是有意说谎,”利亚姆勋爵说,“很少有人注意到我们重建的努力涉及的地区是多么广泛。大部分目光都聚集在史钢军团上,他们相当出色地达成了我们的目的。我们正在许多城市寻找能干的盟友,试图建立地下组织,我们可以趁着塔克西丝骑士们忙于监视军团兵的时候夺回在混沌之战中失去的立足点。”

“说起军团,利亚姆勋爵,您读过卡琳女士从圣克仙发回的最新急报了吗?”奎因泰涅勋爵(Lord Quintayne)问道,“只用一名骑士担任我们组织与史钢军团间的接头人这个想法,似乎能够完美地避免我们过去几年间遭受的挫折。”

“我同意这个看法,”利亚姆爵士答道,“现在,只要林霞女士,或是其他哪个骑士能摸清霍甘·拜特在那座城市的动向,我们就可以取得实际进展。”

劇透 -   :

Although hastily arranged, the feast was nonetheless as splendid as protocol required when honoring royal 
visitors like Gilthanas of Qualinesti. The Grand Master wanted his senior Knights there, so a pair of recent 
initiates in the Order of the Sword took my next shift in the Glade. I wanted Willam at the feast, as I feel that a 
mentor should attend to all aspects of his student's training—and learning to sit still for hours on end during 
feasts can be an important diplomatic skill.
As I looked around the Grand Hall, I noticed that the chamber could accommodate perhaps five times the 
people that were currently seated here. As Lord Liam rose to his feet and offered a brief speech and a 
welcome toast to Gilthanas and his companions, I noticed how his voice echoed in the hall. My mind again 
drifted back to when I was a child. I would sometimes sneak onto the balconies that circled the hall on the 
second floor and there watch Lord Gunthar and the Knights feast, the light of the torches dancing off their 
armor. When Lord Gunthar or another Knight would toast the assemblage, his voice would not echo from the 
walls, because the room was almost full.
I shifted in my seat, allowing my eyes to slide across the Knights, most of whom were watching Lord Liam 
as he spoke. Of the two wh weren't, one was watching Willam— Lady Sheryl, who has been pining for his 
attentions since she took command of Revered Daughter Crysania's honor guard, at the specific request of the 
venerable priestess—and Willam himself, who was watching Alla.
Lady Sheryl is a sad case. She isn't very skilled in the courtly arts, having been raised in the 
less-than-gentile town of Newports, and Willam is a bit too thick skulled to realize that her overtures on the 
training fields are not to belittle him but instead to get his attention. It's interesting how adults often behave like 
children in affairs of the heart, as in Sheryl's case, where she relies on jibes and punches when she should just 
tell him how she feels. She is no shrinking violet in all other matters, so no one would bat an eye if she were to 
do so. Except perhaps Willam, who would probably be as surprised as can be.
I looked briefly at Alla. She wore a borrowed gown and jewelry and appeared even more stunning than she 
had earlier in the day. It was clear to me why Willam couldn't keep his eyes off her. Her exotic appearance in 
the Glade intrigued the boy, and now he appeared to be completely entranced by the image of her as a noble 
woman of unsurpassed beauty. I found myself hoping that Willam was wise enough to not let his heart become 
captured by her beauty.
That hope strengthened when I saw Leth's hand wander to her fingers as they lay on the table and gently 
squeeze them. Alla turned to him, and he smiled warmly. It confirmed to me what I had suspected yesterday: 
They were a couple, which meant there was no room for the likes of Willam.
As the feast progressed, Gilthanas spent most of his time speaking with Sir Liam. Clearly, he had been out 
of touch for some time, and much of what he knew of the tumultuous years since the Chaos War was rife with 
misinformation. On the current state of the Knights of Solamnia, Gilthanas interrupted the Grand Master's 
explanation of how covert circles are being established in many areas by cursing the name of Sir Aurrafil. He 
quickly apologized for his outburst, but then explained that Aurrafil had told him a variety of lies during the year 
he spent in Kalaman, including the "fact" that the Knights limited themselves to Sancrist.
"He might not have been purposefully lying," Lord Liam said. "Few people realize how extensive our 
rebuilding efforts have been. Most of the attention is being focused on the Legion of Steel, which serves our 
purpose rather well. We are finding ourselves with capable allies in many cities when we attempt to establish 
our covert circles, and while the Knights of Takhisis are busy watching the Legionnaires, we can regain the 
footing we lost in the Chaos War."
"Speaking of the Legion, Lord Liam, have you had a chance to review Lady Karine's latest dispatch from 
Sanction?" asked Lord Quintayne. "The notion of using a single Knight as the visible contact point between our 
circle there and the Legion seems like the perfect way to avoid the debacles of years past."
"I agree," Lord Liam replied. "Now, if only Lady Linsha, or any of the other Knights, could discern Hogan 
Bight's motives in the city, we might actually get somewhere."
« 上次编辑: 2013-08-14, 周三 15:23:41 由 茶白猫小修 »

骰神牧师的布道

离线 茶白猫小修

• 骰神牧师
  • Hero
  • 茶白有根白尾巴
    • 水晶镜子-纤云坊
« 回帖 #67 于: 2013-08-12, 周一 15:10:54 »
关于圣克仙的讨论继续进行,坎德人杂技团冲上大礼堂的舞台,表演起经典节目“投德大王的狩猎”(Lord Toede's Hunt)来。他们演出时,吉尔赛那斯转向我说:“我不断听到各种关于巨龙的传闻,据说他们比我们在长枪战争中见过的所有龙都要庞大,也都要强力,他们已经攫取了许多辽阔的土地。那么金属龙们又怎么样呢?显然,他们一定会奋起反抗这些巨兽的吧?”

“唉,我真希望是这样。我认识两条在龙类清洗(Dragon Purge)中幸存的金属龙:一条黄铜龙居住在西瓦那斯提南部边境附近,还有一条被称为明镜(Mirror)的银龙住在光明城堡。”

“是的。我在卡拉曼听说过明镜。”他的面庞上忽然流露出悲伤的神色,目光转向台上的坎德小丑们,“就如我对厄林勋爵说的一样,骑士先生,我来圣奎斯特是希望找到一条龙,或是至少至少,找到一个知道她最后一次露面地点的人……就算找不到她,或许也有人能告诉我,她可能去了哪儿。”

“我不清楚这个消息是否有价值,但我们最近收到东望城堡来的情报说有条银龙在那附近定居。”

“有提到那是雄龙还是雌龙吗?”吉尔赛那斯一下子从椅子上站了起来,显得容光焕发。

“没有,我想没有。不管怎么说,我不是太看重这份报告。莉娃女士和她的骑士们曲解事实或纯粹想象出某些事物已经不是第一次了。不过也很难去责备他们,毕竟他们承担的不是什么令人羡慕的任务。”

吉尔赛那斯皱眉道:“您这是什么意思?”

“您没听说吗?大约十五年前,一条人们见过的最大的白龙占领了南亚苟斯的大部分地区。人们近来开始称呼他为‘那条白龙’。所有报告都显示,这头巨兽魔法般地造出冰雪,埋没了修玛陵寝(Huma's Tomb)与终末加德山脉(Last Gaard Mountains)的部分地区。”

“奎灵莫利怎么样了?西瓦莫利(Silvamori)呢?”

“大部分居民逃到了克莉丝丁岛(isle of Cristyne)。卡冈那斯提精灵们留下来试图从巨龙手中捍卫自己的土地,就我们所知,他们在这一过程中大多被歼灭了。”

吉尔赛那斯呆呆地坐了片刻,我刚刚在他身上察觉到的那份正在成形的兴奋感一扫而空。我注意到艾拉紧紧地攥着莱斯的手,指节都泛了白。她的眼里似乎闪着泪光。这可怜的女子一定见证过那条白龙对她的同胞犯下的暴行。出于骑士精神的指引,我结束了这个话题。

“由于现在安塞隆已经几乎没有金属龙了,我想我们谈论的那条银龙很可能是他们的想象产物,而不是您的西悠瓦拉。”

“尽管如此,”吉尔赛那斯说,“这依然是自打我开始追寻与她重逢以来听到的最棒的指引!并且这能说得通——东望城堡与雾港谷很近,而她曾在雾港谷住过!要是有哪条龙会试着赶走那条白色巨兽的话,那一定是她。您与莉娃女士相熟吗,盖文爵士?”

“她是我的担保人之一。”我说。

“太好了。我能麻烦您写封介绍信吗?我很想去东望城堡与她和她的骑士们谈谈那条银龙的事。哪怕那不是西悠瓦拉,至少我也能放下心来。可是她没理由信任我,而且可能不会像你们圣奎斯特这边这么好客——我明白,要是我也生活在一条强大巨龙的阴影之下的话,我在相信陌生人前也要三思。哪怕是白龙,只要他们用心去想,也能耍出阴谋诡计的。”

“我很乐意为您写封介绍信,殿下。我有信心向您保证,莉娃女士将给您一切她能给的协助。”

“您的恩情我不胜感激,骑士先生。”

“没这回事。”我轻轻笑道,“这不过是举手之劳,假如您能找到您的恋人,我由于帮上这么一点小忙而得以分享喜悦,这就足以让我感激您了。”

吉尔赛那斯颔首微笑,这一回洋溢着幸福与喜悦。他转身观看坎德人的表演,一脸恍惚的神情,仿佛正在重温一段愉快的回忆,或是正想象着某种愉悦的事情即将来临。

“骑士先生,卡冈那斯提出了什么事?”我闻言把目光转向艾拉。她大大的,深黑的双眼仍然闪着呼之欲出的泪光,“还有人活着吗?”

“我相信如此,女士。他们中有一些逃到了克莉丝丁,但另一些正继续抵抗那条白龙。卡冈那斯提这个国家毫无疑问依然存在着。”

泪水终于流下她的面颊。“我没有勇气留下。蓝凤凰(Blue Phoenix,哈巴库克的别称-译注)或许会原谅我,但我已经无法再忍受这种破坏了。可是,他们还活着?”她问,努力保持着声线的平稳。

“以我的荣誉起誓,女士,卡冈那斯提精灵仍然手持武器,在对抗那些企图从他们手中夺取祖先留下的家园的家伙。”

“真好。”她低下头去,继续默默抽泣,任凭泪水流落。我把目光转向莱斯。那位年轻的奎灵那斯提精灵搂住她,凑近她。他在她耳畔轻轻说着什么。她点点头,快速擦去眼中的泪水。她站起来,努力稳定着声线说:“利亚姆爵士,我很感激您的盛情款待……但是我累了,祝您晚安。”

利亚姆爵士站起身:“我找位骑士护送您——”

“不用了,利亚姆爵士,”莱斯说,“我会把艾拉平安地送回她的房间。让您的骑士们接着玩乐吧。”

利亚姆点点头:“如您所愿。”

“你没事吧?”吉尔赛那斯问,他的声音流露出真诚的关切。

“没事,”艾拉说,又一滴泪滑下她的面颊。她迅速抹掉了它,“我只不过是累了。只是累了而已。”

莱斯挽住她的胳膊。尽管他试图掩饰,但我在他脸上看到了痛苦,他为了她的悲伤而痛苦。当他们离开桌旁时,威廉出现了。我年轻的被监护人注视着他们离开——尤其是注视着她。他全然没有掩饰他感到的痛苦。她刚刚在桌旁落下的每一滴泪,都仿佛一把把匕首扎在这倒霉的少年心上。

我发誓,诸神把精灵女子造成这样就是为了折磨年轻男子。

劇透 -   :
The discussion about Sanction continued as kender tumblers rushed onto the floor of the Grand Hall and 
began performing the classic routine "Lord Toede's Hunt." During this, Gilthanas turned to me and said, "I have 
been hearing tales of great dragons larger and more powerful than any we ever faced during the War of the 
Lance that have seized huge swaths of territory. What of the metallic dragons? Surely, they must oppose 
these beasts?"
"Alas, I wish it was so. I know of two metallic dragons who have survived the Dragon Purge: a brass dragon 
who has taken up residence along the Silvanesti border in the south, and a silver dragon known as Mirror at 
the Citadel of Light."
"Yes. I heard of Mirror while in Kalaman." A sudden sadness appeared on his features as his eyes drifted to 
the kender clowns. "As I told Lord Ehling, Sir Knight, I came to Sancrist hoping to find a dragon, or at the very 
least someone who knew where she was last seen . . . and if not her, then maybe one that could tell me where 
she may have gone."
"I don't know if this means anything, but we recently had word from Castle Eastwatch stating that a silver 
dragon had settled in the nearby area."
"Any word as to whether it is a male or female?" Gilthanas suddenly straightened in his chair, his face 
brightening.
"No, I'm afraid not. At any rate, I don't put much stock in the report. This wouldn't be the first time that Lady 
Riva and her Knights have either misinterpreted or simply imagined something. One can hardly blame them as 
their assignment is not an enviable one."
Gilthanas frowned. "What do you mean?"
"You haven't heard? About fifteen years ago, the biggest white dragon anyone had ever seen claimed 
dominion over most of Southern Ergoth. People just call him the White these days. By all reports, the beast 
has buried Huma's Tomb and much of the Last Gaard Mountains under magically generated ice."
"What of Qualimori? And Silvamori?"
"Most of the citizens fled to the isle of Cristyne. The Kagonesti stayed and attempted to defend their lands 
from the dragon. As far as we can tell, they were mostly wiped out in the process."
Gilthanas sat stunned for moment, the building excitement I had detected in him dispelled. I noticed that 
Alla was gripping Leth's hand so hard that her knuckles were white. Her eyes seemed to shimmer with tears. 
The poor woman must have been witness to some of the atrocities perpetrated against her people by the 
White Dragon. Chivalry dictated that I end this particular line of conversation.
"With the almost total absence of metallic dragons on Ansalon now, I think that the silver dragon in question 
is more likely a product of their imaginations rather than your Silvara."
"Still," Gilthanas said, "this is the best lead I have had since I started my quest to reunite with her! And it 
makes sense— Castle Eastwatch is close to Foghaven Vale where she once made her home! If any dragon 
were to attempt to drive off that white beast, it would be her. Are you personally acquainted with Lady Riva, Sir 
Gavin?"
"She was one of my sponsors," I said.
"Excellent. Could I trouble you for a letter of introduction? I would very much like to travel to Castle 
Eastwatch and speak with her and her Knights about this silver dragon. If it is not Silvara, at least my mind will 
be at ease. She has no reason to trust me, however, and may not be as hospitable as you are here on 
Sancrist—I know I would think twice about trusting strangers if I were living in the shadow of a powerful dragon. 
Even white dragons can be devious if they put their minds to it."
"I'd be happy to write you a letter of introduction, Your Highness. And I feel confident in assuring you, Lady 
Riva will give you every bit of cooperation she can."
"I am in your debt, Sir Knight."
"Nonsense." I smiled gently. "This is but a trifle, and if you find your beloved, my ability to take joy from it 
due to the small part I played will place me in your debt."
Gilthanas nodded and smiled, this time with radiant joy. He turned to watch the kender performers with an 
absent look on his face, almost as if he was reliving a pleasant memory or perhaps imagining something 
pleasant to come.
"Sir Knight, what happened to the Kagonesti?" I turned my gaze toward Alla. Her large, dark eyes were still 
shimmering with threatened tears. "Do any live still?"
"I believe so, milady. Some have fled to Cristyne, but others continue to resist the White. The Kagonesti 
most definitely still live."
Tears finally spilled over her cheeks. "I didn't have the courage to stay. May the Blue Phoenix forgive me, 
but I could not bear the destruction any longer. But they live still?" she asked, struggling to keep her voice 
steady.
"By my honor, milady, the Kagonesti continue to bear arms against those who would take their ancestral 
lands from them."
"Good." She lowere her head, continuing to weep silently, her tears flowing freely. My eyes drifted to Leth. 
The young Qualinesti put his arm around her and leaned close. He whispered something in her ear. She 
nodded and swiftly wiped the tears from her eyes. She stood and with an obvious effort of will steadied her 
voice to say, "Sir Liam, I appreciate your gracious hospitality... but I have grown tired. I bid you good night."
Sir Liam rose to his feet. "I shall have a Knight escort you—"
"No need, Sir Liam," Leth said. "I shall see Alla safely to her chamber. Allow your Knights to continue to 
enjoy themselves."
Liam nodded. "As you wish."
"Are you all right?" Gilthanas asked, genuine concern in his voice.
"Yes," Alla said, another tear trickling down her cheek. She swiftly wiped it away. "I am tired. That's all. Just 
tired."
Leth took her arm. Although he was trying to hide it, I saw in his face a pain at her sorrow. As they left the 
table, Willam came into view. My young charge was watching them as they left—watching her to be specific. 
And he made no effort to hide the pain he was feeling. The damn boy was smitten and every tear that she had 
just shed at the table had probably felt like a dagger in his heart.
I swear that the gods made elven women the way they did to torment young men.
« 上次编辑: 2013-08-14, 周三 15:24:22 由 茶白猫小修 »

骰神牧师的布道

离线 茶白猫小修

• 骰神牧师
  • Hero
  • 茶白有根白尾巴
    • 水晶镜子-纤云坊
« 回帖 #68 于: 2013-08-13, 周二 00:33:05 »

第二天夜晚,威廉和我又在圣白石大草地上站岗。只站了几分钟,他就问起了那个我知道他一定会问的话题。

“您在南亚苟斯待过一段时间,对不对,盖文?”

“是的,威廉。我在莉娃女士手下服役三年才回到圣奎斯特。那时候那条白龙正在扩张地盘。我们帮助许多精灵逃到了克莉丝丁岛。”

“那么,您见过很多精灵了?”

“是的,小伙子。如果这是你的下一个问题的话,我也见过许多美貌足以与艾拉匹敌的精灵。”

“但我确信,没有哪个比她更优雅。”他脸上有种恍惚的神情,“她的一举一动……就好像风儿本身拥有了凡人的形体。”

我哼了一声:“她已经有主了,孩子。”

他倏然回到现实:“什么?”

“她有主了。你没看见莱斯看她的眼神吗?”

“没有。”他用防御的语调说。

“好吧,等你明天再遇到他们的时候,好好观察一下。那不仅是他单方面的骑士精神,她对他的感受也有所回应。别尴尬,也别心碎了。”他看上去那么垂头丧气,我没法不笑,“想想吧,你是幸运的,孩子。你还记得上一次一位正派的骑士遇到一位精灵姑娘的时候发生了什么吧?”

“他在保卫法王塔(Tower of the High Clerist)免遭邪恶势力侵犯的过程中壮烈牺牲。”

“你说得对。我忘了史东·布莱特布雷德的事了。我想的是索思勋爵(Lord Soth),威廉。不要让你的情欲战胜了荣誉感。”

“我认为您在侮辱我,先生。”

“我没有,威廉,我只是在传授你我多年来的经验。精灵女子是美丽而充满异国情调的生物。年轻的男子头几次遇到她们就会被迷得晕头转向。我明白,因为我在那个地方待过。我也明白你必须把她从你的脑海里清除出去,因为她和莱斯已经双双坠入了爱河。”

我们之间陷入了沉默。漫长的几分钟内,只能听到风吹打我们斗篷的劈啪声响。

“我没法把她清除出我的脑海,盖文。”

我注视着他,试着不要笑出来:“只有这点意志力的话你永远成不了圣剑骑士的,威廉。”

他脸上掠过一抹凄楚:“我已经成功忽略了雪莉儿女士和汉娜女士(Lady Hannah)的性别——我如今只把她们当骑士同伴看——可是我要怎么才能从艾拉身上收回我的心?”

“她从来就没有拥有过你的心,你这年轻的傻瓜!对了,我想雪莉儿女士是不会介意你把她看做骑士的同时也把她看做女性的。”

“这回您又开始笑话我。她一逮到机会就贬低我使剑的本事。”

“而且她一逮到机会就跟你一块儿训练!你觉得这是为什么?”

威廉眨眨眼。然后他脸上露出惊讶的表情:“可是在我请求护送她去秋暮庆典(Autumn's Twilight festival)的时候,她拒绝了我。”

“她当然要拒绝。她在庆典当天就启程前往关南德(Gwynned)了,护送克丽珊娜女士一行去皇宫谒见。”

“她从没提过这事。”

“她没提是因为你那么快就冲出了大厅,她连解释的机会都没有。克丽珊娜女士当时正要去亚苟斯看看皇女是否有秘术天分——那孩子自称精魂们在对她说话。利亚姆爵士希望神眷之女在离开圣奎斯特时多带卫队。”

威廉看上去好像打算说些什么,但他随即闭上了嘴,仰望着月亮。

“明天去和雪莉儿女士谈谈吧,威廉。你有机会赢取她的芳心,但艾拉对你而言就像这轮明月一样遥不可及。”

“雪莉儿女士的确美丽又聪明,但与艾拉相比就如同月亮之于太阳——她相形见绌。”

我叹了口气:“这件事上我能帮你的都帮了。言尽于此吧。”

劇透 -   :

The next night, Willam and I again stood at our post in Whitestone Glade. We had been on watch for mere 
minutes when the topic I knew he would broach came up.
"You spent time on Southern Ergoth, didn't you Gavin?"
"Yes, Willam. I served under Lady Riva for three years before returning to Sancrist. At the time, the White 
was expanding his domain. We helped many elves flee the island to Crystine."
"So, you've seen many elves?"
"Yes, lad. And before you even ask, I have seen some that rival Alla in beauty."
"But none as graceful, I am certain." His face took on a distant expression. "When she moves . . . it's as 
though the wind itself has taken mortal form."
I grunted. "She's taken, boy."
He snapped back to reality. "What?"
"She's taken. Did you see the way Leth looks at her?"
"No," he said, his tone guarded.
"Well, when you're around them tomorrow, take a closer look. It's more than just chivalry for him, and she 
returns his feelings. Spare yourself embarrassment and heartbreak." He looked so crestfallen that I had to 
laugh. "Consider yourself lucky, boy. You know what happened the last time an upstanding Knight got involved 
with an elf-maid, don't you?"
"He died a heroic death, defending the Tower of the High Clerist against the forces of Evil."
"All right. I forgot about Sturm Brightblade. I was thinking of Lord Soth, Willam. Don't let lust override your 
sense of honor."
"I think you insult me, Sir."
"No, Willam, I'm just imparting to you the benefit of my years. Elven women are beautiful, exotic creatures. 
The first few times a young man encounters them, they set his head spinning. I know, because I've been there. 
And I know that you should put her out of your mind because she and Leth are already in love with one 
another."
A silence fell between us. For several long minutes, the only sound was the wind snapping at our cloaks.
"I can't get her out of mind, Gavin."
I looked at him, trying not to laugh. "You'll never become a Knight of the Sword with that kind of willpower, 
Willam."
A miserable expression crossed his face. "I've gotten past the gender of Lady Sheryl and Lady Hannah—I 
view them now just as fellow Knights—but how can I ever reclaim my heart from Alla?"
"She doesn't have your heart, you young fool! And I suspect that Lady Sheryl wouldn't mind if you were to 
acknowledge that she's a woman as well as Knight."
"Now you mock me. She belittles my abilities as a swordsman every chance she gets."
"And she also offers to train with you every chance she gets! Why do you think that is?"
Willam blinked. Then a startled expression appeared on his face. "But she turned me down when I asked to 
escort her to the Autumn's Twilight festival."
"Of course she did. She ws leaving for Gwynned the day of the festival, escorting Lady Crysania and her 
party to the emperor's court for an audience."
"She never said that."
"No, because you scurried out the hall so fast she didn't have a chance to explain. Lady Crysania was 
traveling to Ergoth to see if the emperor's daughter was ill or strong in the mystic arts—the child was claiming 
that spirits spoke to her. Sir Liam wanted the Revered Daughter to have extra escort while away from 
Sancrist."
Willam looked like he was about to say something, but then closed his mouth and turned his gaze up at the 
moon.
"Talk to Lady Sheryl tomorrow, Willam. Her you might be able to win, but Alla is as unreachable for you as 
the moon."
"Lady Sheryl is a beautiful and intelligent woman indeed, but she is to Alla as the moon is to the sun—she 
pales by comparison."
I sighed. "I've done what I can for you in this matter. This conversation is at an end."
« 上次编辑: 2013-08-14, 周三 19:03:51 由 茶白猫小修 »

骰神牧师的布道

离线 茶白猫小修

• 骰神牧师
  • Hero