作者 主题: 纠正万法中fuse arms严重的翻译错误  (阅读 9141 次)

副标题: 别想着polymorph成orlath再fuse arms能+40力量了

离线 Alasdan Wormsage

• 死哲
  • Hero
  • 帖子数: 872
  • 苹果币: 0
  • 孤独而热情的翻译者!
纠正万法中fuse arms严重的翻译错误
« 于: 2015-06-28, 周日 23:09:27 »
现在的翻译和看了翻译的朋友好像普遍认为是融合掉一只前肢就能+4力量,然而原文如下:
You cause a creature’s multiple arms or tentacles to fuse together into a single pair of stronger limbs. Only limbs that the creature can use as arms or grasping limbs are affected by the spell (so basilisks and monstrous centipedes, neither of which use their limbs to attack or manipulate objects, are unaffected).
For every set of limbs fused into the primary set of limbs, the creature gains +4 to Strength when using those fused limbs (affecting activities that would use those limbs, but not activities relying on its bite, legs, and so on). For example, a girallon under the effect of
this spell would have one pair of arms and Strength 26 for the purpose of using those arms. A behir, which has three pairs of limbs that it can use as arms, would end up with one pair of arm-limbs with a +8 bonus to Strength for those arms (its six legs would be
unaffected).
The loss of limbs might reduce the number of attacks available to the subject.
If the subject has only two arms or tentacles, they are fused into a single limb, and the creature gains a +4 bonus to Strength on attack rolls made with that limb.
根据set of limbs这个说法,以及举的两个例子(其中girallon四臂,原本力量22)明显可知:
在生物前肢的数量超过一对时,是融合掉一对前肢来获得+4力量。
希望之后整理法术的大大看到后能进行更改,以及更多的人在规则上能参考原文而非翻译。
时间,能够带走一切,
而带来的,只有死亡和毁灭
——虫之年代 (捉虫贴)

Since my birth, you're with me;
Throughout my life, you never leave me;
However dark the time, you always remind me
That whenever you're by side of me;
And finally, you'll claim me.
So romantic! TO Fallot.

离线 Pro.gears

• 自走型附魔火器
  • Knight
  • 帖子数: 303
  • 苹果币: 3
  • 一把全无优雅且总是说垃圾话的话唠枪。
Re: 纠正万法中fuse arms严重的翻译错误
« 回帖 #1 于: 2015-07-11, 周六 11:12:27 »
 :em008
受教了【】
NMW WLAN TRPG forum is under construction……