作者 主题: 【SG】无形之触THE IMMATERIAL TOUCH / 精魂本质 THE NATURE OF SPIRITS / p181~186  (阅读 7430 次)

副标题: 精魂本质(完工),校对:Bellicose

离线 失语

• Hero
  • 帖子数: 971
  • 苹果币: 2
无形之触
THE IMMATERIAL TOUCH

精魂本质
THE NATURE OF SPIRITS
发贴人:多名之人
POSTED BY: MAN-OF-MANY-NAMES

想了解关于精魂的事情?首先,任何你认为你可能了解的精魂或精魂世界的信息——是的,你可以忘掉它们。字面上的意思。无论如何这一切都可能是错的。如果你有一本来自于某个可疑学府,自称提供高等教育的地方制作的印刷本,去把它扔到焚化炉里去。如果你在矩阵上有一些关于所谓精魂或者咒术的书籍,去删掉它们。我会等你的。
剧透 -   :
So you want to know about spirits? For starters, anything you think you might know about spirits or the spirit world—well, you can forget it. Literally. It’s probably all wrong anyhow. If you have a printed tome from some dubious institution of so-called higher learning, go ahead and heave it into an incinerator somewhere. If you have Matrix-based books on spirits or conjuration, go ahead and delete them. I’ll wait.

认真的。我不是开玩笑的。理解精魂的第一步就是放下成见,从头开始。我曾经有一本《萨满和精魂世界》,大约是在2019年前出版的教科书。时至今日,书已成了收藏家的东西,放到现在找到一名合适投标人,它能卖好几千——但当我意识到是时候继续前进的时候,我把那本书扔进了地狱。从那时起,我收集了许多关于精魂的书,其中的每一本,都在我发现某些自己认为正确的东西被证明错误(或者只是偶尔正确)之后,被烧掉或者删除了。事实上,你正在读的这份小文件在不久的将来也将过时或被证伪,我对此点深信不疑。
剧透 -   :
Seriously. I’m not kidding. The first step to understanding spirits is letting go of preconceptions and starting over from the ground floor. I once had a copy of Shamans and the Spirit World, a textbook first published in 2019 or so. Book’s a collector’s items these days—it’d fetch a few thousand to the right bidder—but I burned that book to hell when I realized it was time to move on. Since then, I’ve compiled numerous books about spirits, and I’ve burned or deleted each and every one of them after something I thought was true turned out to be false (or only occasionally true). In fact, I fully expect this little document you’re reading to become obsolete or disproven sometime in the near future.

这是否意味着精魂,和精魂世界比我们想象的要多变得多?也许吧。但同样的可能是精魂世界保持不变,而我们在改变,我们无法观测到星界深层精魂的工作状态。精魂世界就像物质界一样。起初希腊人认为世界是由四个亚里士多德元素(the four Aristotelian elements)——气,地,火和水组成,但后来科学家发现分子,然后得知分子进一步分裂成原子。事实上,“原子”(atom)这个词的意思是“不可分割的”,这个名字暴露了那些命名它的人的狂妄自大。想象一下,科学界意外得知“不能切割的“原子还有原子的部分,这些亚原子粒子还可以进一步分裂成夸克或者其他什么破玩意儿……它就像爱丽丝梦游仙境里的兔子洞,深不可测,永不见底。
剧透 -   :
Does this mean spirits and the spirit world are far more mutable than we ever thought they were? Possibly. But it’s just as probable that the spirit world stays exactly the same and it is we who change, that we are the ones unable to see the underlying spiritual workings of the astral plane. The spirit world is like physical matter. At first the Greeks thought the world was made up of the four Aristotelian elements—air, earth, fire, and water— but then scientists discovered molecules, then learned that molecules further divided into atoms. In fact, the term “atom,” meaning “indivisible,” betrays the hubris of those who named it. Imagine the scientific community’s surprise upon learning that the “uncuttable” atom had subatomic parts, and that those subatomic particles could be even further divided into quarks and other drek. The rabbit hole just keeps going and going.

这就是精魂世界。每当我们学习新事物,声称精魂的某个方面是“不可分割的”的时候,我们就会发现精魂的“原子”原来可以一次又一次地被分割。这进一步证明我们确实还只是孩子,凝视着无垠的空间,我们可能永远都无法理解它的边界在哪里。值得高兴的一面是,有些孩子的理解总比其他孩子会更为成熟。我会尽我所能使你的教研变得更加成熟。
剧透 -   :
Such is the spirit world. Every time we learn something new and claim some aspect of spirits is “indivisible,” we find that the spiritual “atom” can be divided over and over again. This further proves we are indeed children peering into a vast infinity that we will likely never fully comprehend. On the bright side, some of us children are more adult in our understanding than others. I will do what I can to mature your education further.

引用
> 啊,这才是我认识的多名之人;你前面说的那些大白话都让我觉得烦了。
> 民谣歌手(Balladeer )
剧透 -   :
> Ah, there’s the Man-of-Many-Names I know; the whole understandable vernacular thing was beginning to throw me.
> Balladeer

> 一个在他领域被视为专家的人,忽然向我们承认他知道的所有东西都是错误的,这还真是个“好”兆头。
> 发条(Clockwork )
剧透 -   :
> Always bodes well when someone regarded as an expert in his field admits to us that everything he knows is wrong.
> Clockwork

> Ipse se nihil scire id unum sciat.
> 多名之人
剧透 -   :
> Ipse se nihil scire id unum sciat.
> Man-of-Many-Names

> 祝你健康?(校注:此为德文,此话还有另一层意思:“你没出啥毛病吧?”)
> Slamm-0!
剧透 -   :
> Gesundheit?
> Slamm-0!

> “我只知道一件事,那就是我什么也不知道。”——苏格拉底
> 多名之人
剧透 -   :
> “I know one thing: that I know nothing.” —Socrates
> Man-of-Many-Names

好吧,你是否已经把那些关于精魂的充满谬误和彻头彻尾谎言的书籍给燃烧殆尽、删除,或者其他任何方式破坏?如果是,那么我们可以开始进入正题了。
剧透 -   :
Okay, so you’ve incinerated, deleted, or otherwise destroyed all of your books filled with fallacies and outright lies about spirits? Good. Now we can get down to biz.
« 上次编辑: 2018-03-24, 周六 08:32:34 由 失语 »

离线 失语

• Hero
Re: 【SG】无形之触THE IMMATERIAL TOUCH p181~186
« 回帖 #1 于: 2018-01-22, 周一 12:04:09 »
精魂是什么WHAT SPIRITS ARE

你那所谓的精魂“专家”很可能会在这个时候开始告诉你什么是精魂。我不会那样做,因为那就像是在给盲人解释颜色是什么一样。相比之下,告诉你精魂不是什么更有用。
剧透 -   :
Your average “expert” on spirits will likely start off telling you what spirits are. I’m not going to do that because that’s like trying to explain color to a blind person. Instead, it’d be more useful to tell you what spirits aren’t.

精魂不是矿物溶剂更不是蒸馏酒精(校注:此处多名之人在玩梗,英语中Spirit一词不仅可做“精魂”之意,也可做“烈酒”之意)——有些傻逼在过去一段时间只是在这些物质上打了“精魂”的标签,所以我们也就这样一直叫了下去。(我之所以提到这件事的唯一原因,就是因为就我个人而言认识这样的白痴已经超过了不止一两个了,他们以为喝醉了就能看得清精魂世界。事实证明他们的确看到了精魂世界,但其方式并非如他们所料——因为他们最终都死于酒精中毒。外行人。)
剧透 -   :
Spirits aren’t mineral solvents or distilled alcohol— some moron back in the olden days just slapped the term “spirit” on those substances, so we’re kinda stuck with it. (The only reason I mention this is because I’ve known more than a few imbeciles who actually thought getting drunk would help them see into the spirit world. Turned out it did, but not in the way they intended, as they all died from alcohol poisoning. Amateurs.)

精魂也不是让人毛骨悚然的寒风,更不是有人经过了你以后的坟墓的那种感觉(译注:外国的一种说法,如果你忽然打个冷战,那就是有人经过了你以后要埋尸的那块地)(校注:此处又是梗,Spirit还有“鬼魂”的意思)。这些只是生理反应在愚弄你的大脑罢了。一个具象化的精魂在通过他人肉身的时候可以让他人有一种奇怪的感觉,但这和坟墓没有丝毫关系,这个精魂只是短暂地与你共享了一点物理空间罢了。且根据记录,大多数精魂在有选择的情况下,并不喜欢侵入另一个物体的物质空间。然而,“附身”就是完全不同的故事了:如果你是一个非自愿容器,那么你应该担心的东西比坟墓和寒颤要严重得多。
剧透 -   :
Spirits also aren’t a cold wind that makes the hair on your neck stand on end, and they’re certainly not the sensation that someone walked over your grave. Those are just biological reactions to things playing tricks with your brain. A manifested spirit passing through a meat body can leave someone with a strange sensation, but there aren’t any graves involved there, just a spiritual entity sharing physical space with you for a short time. And for the record, most spirits don’t like invading the physical space of another if they can help it. Possession is a completely different story, though: if you’re an unwilling vessel, then grave-shivers are the least of your worries.

精魂也不是鬼魂,至少不是在觉醒时代前鬼屋里的那种感觉。如果你于午夜时间徘徊在破房子附近,看到一些鬼魂一样的玩意儿,你觉得那像是自己的曾曾祖父或者美国南北战争时期士兵或诸如此类的东西,那绝不是精魂——至少我不认为这是一种精魂。这里有一个相当大的误区。精魂活动可以被观测和被记录,而大多数“鬼魂”的活动属于奇闻轶事。
剧透 -   :
Spirits also aren’t ghosts—at least not in the pre-Awakening, haunted-house sense. If you wander a dilapidated house in the middle of the night and see some spectral thing you think looks like someone’s great-great-grandpappy or an American Civil War soldier or whatnot, that’s not a spirit—at least I don’t think it’s a spirit. There’s a pretty big grey area there. Spirit activity can be documented and vetted, whereas most “ghost” activity falls under domain of anecdote and hearsay.

事实上,一些精魂自称是生前活物的鬼魂来混淆视听,但在许多情况下,这些精魂已经被证明是骗子。如果这件事情让我们明白:精魂不愿揭露关于自身本性的真相,那么我们至少得到了一点宝贵的经验教训。
剧透 -   :
The fact that some spirits claim to be the ghosts of former living beings muddies the water somewhat, but in many instances those spirits have been proven to be liars. If we take away from this the fact that spirits cannot be trusted to reveal the truth of their own nature, then we have at least one valuable lesson.
« 上次编辑: 2018-03-23, 周五 23:13:29 由 马非鱼 »

离线 失语

• Hero
« 回帖 #2 于: 2018-01-26, 周五 11:17:17 »
精魂来自何方WHERE SPIRITS COME FROM

就像精魂是什么,定义精魂来自哪里同样是一个复杂的问题。因此,让我们采取类似的方法,先谈论精魂不在哪里。一个精魂可以影响、受影响或居住在物质界,但他并非诞生于此。精魂即是星界存在(astral beings),星界存在不能突然抛弃他们的星界天性(astral nature)进入到物质界并永存下来。关于精魂起源的一个很好的指标就是他们在星界中花费了大约百分之九十九的时间,除非命令或被迫做其他事情。长时间脱离其起源界的精魂,就像泛人在“挑战者深渊”(the Challenger Deep,译注:即是马里亚纳海沟,全世界最深的海沟)中呆了几个小时一样:这的确能做到,但是泛人类需要各种各样的准备才能持续呆在这深渊中,而那些习惯于深海压力的水生生物则不需要任何特殊工具来生存。精魂可以在物质界久居,但这并非他们的默认状态。自由精魂除外,但它们是例外,而不是常态。
剧透 -   :
Much like what spirits are, defining where spirits come from is a complicated question. So let’s take a similar approach and talk about where spirits aren’t from. A spirit can influence, be influenced by, or inhabit the physical plane, but it does not originate from there. Spirits are astral beings, and astral beings cannot suddenly decide to hop over into the physical plane and remain there permanently, leaving their astral nature behind. A good indicator of the origin of spirits is they spend about ninety-nine percent of their existence in astral space unless commanded or compelled to do otherwise. A spirit spending too much time out of its plane of origin is like a metahuman spending more than a few hours in the Challenger Deep: it’s possible, but metahumans need all kinds of provisions to last at those depths, whereas water-breathing creatures accustomed to the pressure at those depths don’t need anything special to survive. Spirits can survive for extended periods on the physical plane, but it is not their default state, and such free spirits are the exception rather than the rule.

所以精魂来自星界,但这究竟意味着什么呢?关于这个问题分立了许多学派,没有哪一个学派的说法能占到统治级的地位,也许他们在某种意义上都是对的。也许他们都错了。也许他们在同一瞬间既对又错,这取决于你站在什么角度、什么时间和什么位面。
剧透 -   :
So spirits are from the astral plane, but what exactly does that mean? There are many schools of thought on the subject, with no one school holding dominance over the others, so maybe they’re all right in a sense. Maybe they’re all wrong. Maybe they are right and wrong at the same time, depending on your perspective, timing, and current plane of residence.

有这样一个学派声称精魂并非真正生活在星界,至少与生活在物质界的动植物不尽相同。这种观点认为精魂并非是完全“活着”,不过是咒术师的意志在星界具像化的一个星界结构(astral construct)罢了。按照这个说法,一个咒术师传递他的一部分意志来塑造星界,灌输它自己的“生命”,随着服务的消耗而消散——这种思想的支持者将其称之为“拟人意志衰退”(anthropomorphic willpower attenuation)。许多人支持这一论点,具象化的精魂总是倾向于某些流派本身的看法:赫尔墨斯的精魂往往像他们所偏爱泛位面的原始元素一样,而萨满教的精魂往往更加野性或粗糙,那些附身流派的精魂甚至根本无法在物质界上显现。事实上,一些人声称他们可以通过观察精魂的灵光或具象化的形式来识别召唤精魂的咒术师的流派。
剧透 -   :
One such school claims spirits don’t really live on the astral plane, as least not in the same terms as flora and fauna live in the physical plane. This belief holds that spirits aren’t alive at all, that a spirit is simply an astral construct of the conjurer’s will made manifest on the astral plane. According to this idea, a conjurer sends out a portion of his will to shape astral space, instilling it with its own kind of “life,” which dissipates whenever its services are expended—what proponents of this thinking call “anthropomorphic willpower attenuation.” Many support this argument with the contention that materialized spirits belonging to certain traditions always tend to have a certain look about them: Hermetic spirits often appear like the raw element of their favored metaplane, whereas shamanic spirits tend to look more wild or ragged along the edges, and spirits from possession traditions don’t even materialize on the physical plane at all. In fact, some claim they can identify the tradition of a spirit’s conjurer just by looking at a spirit’s aura or materialized form.

相信精魂由意志力构造这一观念就现状而言,也只是一个有趣饭余谈资罢了。试着这样思考:如果一个魔术师相信了这种鬼话,认为精魂是作为他自己意识的表现,那么在一次特别困难的召唤中,他就是在和自己吵架;当他控制精魂时,他就是在与自己交朋友;当他的精魂失控时,那这个可怜的家伙该是真的疯了。然而,这个想法还是有一些优点的,因为它解释了各种流派之间的精魂差异。个体或伴侣?智慧或本质?这场旷久的辩论或许在不久的将来也不会得到解决。我相信萨满和赫尔墨斯相比,召唤样貌不同的精魂是因为它反映了泛人类的社会工作。试想一位公司高管:她不会在街头混混的陪同下露面——至少不会心甘情愿地——而那些街头混混也不会很快地在剧院中与那些社会精英们打成一片。人类社会圈子往往与之有某种程度上的相似之处。
剧透 -   :
The belief that spirits are willpower constructs makes for some interesting dinner conversation, but that’s as far as it goes. Think about it like this: if a magician sees his conjurations as manifestations of his own consciousness, then he’s basically arguing with himself during a particularly difficult conjuring, he’s making friends with himself when he controls a spirit, and when his spirit goes uncontrolled, the poor slot has literally lost his mind. The idea has some merit, however, as it explains the differences in spirits conjured by various traditions. Personality or partner? Intellect or entity? This age-old debate probably won’t get solved anytime in the near future. I believe shamans conjure different-looking spirits than hermetics because it reflects how metahuman society works. Think of a corp exec: She’s not going to be seen in the company of street thugs—at least not willingly—and those same street thugs aren’t going to be hobnobbing with the social elite at the opera anytime soon. People’s social circles tend to have some degree of similarities of appearance to each other.

另一学派认为精魂来自于泛位面本身。我不会涉及太多关于泛位面的细节——据我所知,魔导师(Magister)这老伙计在“暗影之地”某天上传了名叫“以太学”(Aetherology)的东西(译注:Aetherology是一本关于范位面的SR资源书,作者为Magister)——每种精魂都有一种关于某具体泛位面的亲和力。根据这个想法,如果一个精魂对,例如说气位面(the metaplane of air),相当喜爱,那么精魂就是从这个特殊位面的星界能量(the astral energies)中诞生的。然而,一个精魂十分中意某一泛位面并不意味着它天生就存在在那里:我从来没有见过哪个星界实体是由泛位面创造,在那里诞生的。以我自己短浅的目光来看——因为我只是孤身一人(虽然名字很多),且只有一条生命——我相信随着时间的推移和精魂的愈发成熟,精魂也会逐渐发展出对特定位面的亲和力。例如,消防员并非是天生的消防员:她生来只是人类,但是在逐渐地成长中,她发展成了与火灾和纵火犯搏斗的消防勇者。喜欢温泉的人也不一定是在温泉里诞生不是吗。
剧透 -   :
Another school of thought believes that spirits are born from the fabric of the metaplanes. I won’t get into too much detail about the metaplanes themselves—as I understand, Magister, an old chummer from the Shadowland days, has a forthcoming upload called Aetherology about that—but each spirit has an affinity for a specific metaplane. According to this idea, if a spirit has an affinity for, say, the metaplane of air, then the spirit was born from the astral energies of that particular plane. However, a spirit taking a liking to a particular metaplane doesn’t mean it was born there, per se: I have never seen a metaplanar womb giving birth to astral entities of any kind. In my own limited experience—for I am but one single man (albeit with many names) with but one lifetime—I believe spirits develop an affinity for a specific plane as they mature or evolve over time. For example, a firefighter is not born a firefighter: She is born metahuman and develops the drive to fight fires and arsonists as she develops. Someone who likes hot springs was not necessarily born in a hot spring.

还有一种想法——我最拥护的一种——那些精魂根本就不存在所谓的“诞生”。他们一直存在,从过去到未来,一直一直,永远存在。他们见证了第一纪元中“魔力领域”(manasphere)的诞生,也将见证第两千纪元(the Two-hundredth World)所迎来的“魔力巅峰”(the mana spike)。被破坏的精魂在一段时间以后,最终还是会回到它的咒术师身边,所以据我所知,如果你在一个精魂所青睐的泛位面内部永久破坏了它——祝贺你:你刚刚复灭了一个见证了时间黎明的存在。
剧透 -   :
Then there is the belief—the one I most commonly espouse—that spirits aren’t even born at all. They always are, always have been, and always will be. They saw the creation of the manasphere in the First World and will still be around to witness the mana spike that initiates the Two-hundredth World. A disrupted spirit can eventually return to its conjurer after a given time, so as far as I know, if you permanently destroy a spirit in its favored metaplane—well, congratulations: you just destroyed something that witnessed the dawn of time.

再次强调,我也可能是错的。就像我之前说的那样,这个帖子最终可能会在某个时间段被删除。
剧透 -   :
But then again, I could be wrong about that too. Like I said, this whole book will probably end up deleted at some point.
« 上次编辑: 2018-03-23, 周五 23:18:48 由 马非鱼 »

离线 失语

• Hero
« 回帖 #3 于: 2018-01-27, 周六 11:10:40 »
精魂的自然反应HOW SPIRITS BEHAVE

我首先得承认,除了几个细节,精魂的行为——他们做什么和怎么做——使我困惑,考虑到我从事这个行业有多久了,我应该告诉你们一些事情。我认为从白纸一张开始也好过被伪知识填满过要好得多。如果有一个来自陌生异界环境的异界物种大胆地做了一些我绝无可能想得到的事情,你们的预判就会在最糟糕的时候被粉碎,我可不会这么对待你们。
剧透 -   :
I’ll be the first to admit that, aside from a few specifics, the behavior of spirits—what they do and how they do it—baffles me, and given how long I’ve been in this trade, that should tell you something. I think it’s better that I start you from a blank template than I fill you with faux knowledge. Far be it from me to let your expectations get shattered at the worst possible time because an alien being from an alien place with an alien mind had the audacity to do something I did not expect.

也就是说,有一些精魂的行为在某种程度上是可以预测的,就像(大多数的)狗会犬吠,(大多数的)蛇会滑行,和(大多数的)鸟会飞。
剧透 -   :
That said, there are a number of spirit behaviors that are somewhat predictable in the sense that (most) dogs bark, (most) snakes slither, and (most) birds fly.

生活在星界LIVING ON THE ASTRAL

除非另有命令,精魂大部分的时间都存在于星界中。如有必要,他们也能勇敢地面对物质界,但从我收集的信息来看,他们并不喜欢这样做(尽管还有例外),就像泛人穿着太空服处在零重力空间一样不完全舒适。
剧透 -   :
Unless ordered otherwise, spirits spend the vast majority of their existence on the astral plane. They can brave the physical plane for as long as necessary, but from what I gather they don’t enjoy doing so (though again, there are exceptions), much as being in a space suit in zero G for long periods isn’t exactly comfortable for metahumans.

有些精魂,比如“监视灵”甚至都无法具象化,如此他们居住在星界的时间可谓是百分之一百。另一方面,不能以任何方式栖息于肉界的精魂依然可以“显现”(manifest)。显现的精魂不能直接影响物质界,比如说拿起一个物体或绊倒某人。当然,具象化的精魂是双重性质的生物,所以即使他们出现在物质层面,他们的本质仍然存在于星界中。
剧透 -   :
Some spirits, such as watchers, can’t even materialize, so they inhabit astral space one hundred percent of the time. On the other hand, spirits unable to inhabit meat space in any way can still manifest. A manifested spirit can’t directly affect the physical plane to, say, pick up an object or trip someone with its leg. Of course, materialized spirits are dual-natured beings, so even when they’re in the physical plane, their essence remains in astral space.

我对精魂最在意的问题就是他们整天在星界做什么。首先,“整天” 是一个不恰当的词,因为时间的可塑性和流动性堪比全球新元汇率。其次,精魂是不必做任何事的。我看到过好一些就在星界和泛位面随波逐流,就像海洋微粒在水中飘荡一样,但我也看到过有些精魂的动作是如此之快,他们甚至似乎没有任何目的地,除了全速前进之外心无旁骛。所以,精魂在星界都干了什么,答案就是一个响亮的“我不知道”。我的话现在是不是开始听起来活像个损坏的音频文件了?
剧透 -   :
The most common question I get about spirits is what they do all day in the astral plane. First, “all day” is a misnomer, since time is more malleable and fluid than the worldwide exchange rate for nuyen. Second, spirits don’t have to do anything. I’ve seen some drift lazily through the astral and the metaplanes like bits of ocean particulate carried about in a current, but I’ve also seen spirits moving so fast that they don’t even seem to have a destination in mind apart from making undue haste. So the answer to what spirits do on the astral is a resounding “I don’t know.” Am I starting to sound like a broken audio file yet?

服从OBEDIENCE

不管你对精魂的本质持何看法,一点事实是难以争辩的:一个与咒术师进行交易的精魂会顺从那个咒术师, 除非有什么过早地破坏了这种联系。为什么它们会理所当然地服从,依然是一个备受争论的问题。一位赫尔墨斯法师会告诉你,精魂屈从于咒术师的信仰,在超自然等级制度体系中,泛人性支配着精魂世界。我更愿意相信, 精魂听从魔术师的命令——甚至是对自己有害的命令——可能是由于一些不同的事情。
剧透 -   :
Regardless of what you believe about the nature of spirits, once fact remains true: a spirit who enters into a transaction with a conjurer will be obedient to that conjurer unless something prematurely breaks that connection. Why obedience occurs remains a matter of debate. A hermetic mage will probably tell you spirits are subservient to conjurers due to their belief that metahumanity dominates the spirit world in the metaphysical hierarchy. I prefer to believe that the reason spirits obey orders from conjurers—even orders harmful to themselves—might be due to a couple of different things.

总的来说,我更愿意相信精魂相比我们泛人是更高贵的生物。一旦精魂与咒术师达成交易,他们会严格遵守条约的一字一句,而不是条约的内在精神(此处没有双关语)(校注:此处的“内在精神”一词使用的是“Spirit”,与“精魂”的英文相同)。一一个泛人随时可以毁约,但一个精魂要么拒绝,要么无法这样做。我不打算说一个精魂本身不能说谎——他们可以,我身上的,精神上的,和星界实体上的疤痕可作证明——但似乎精魂在谈及“星界交易”(astral transactions)时,不希望自降身份到泛人的水平。或者他们以某种方式被束缚,被迫服从,但那不符合我的思维方式。
剧透 -   :
In general, I believe spirits are far nobler creatures than we metahumans. Once a spirit enters into a conjurer’s bargain, they stick to the letter of the bargain rather than the spirit of it (no pun intended). A metahuman can break a contract at any time, but a spirit either refuses to or is incapable of doing so. I’m not going so far as to say a spirit can’t lie, per se—they can, and I’ve got a few physical, mental, and astral scars to prove it—but it seems spirits don’t want to sink to metahuman levels when it comes to astral transactions. Or they are restrained somehow, compelled to obedience, but that does not align with my way of thinking.

引用
> 精魂能撒谎吗?你确定吗?
> 活塞(Pistons)
剧透 -   :
> Spirits can lie? Are you sure?
> Pistons

> 一个像导师或盟友一样忠诚的精魂很可能不会,但是一个不受你控制的精魂没有义务说出真相不是吗。你为什么这么问?
> 霜寒(Frosty)
剧透 -   :
> A loyal spirit, like a mentor or ally spirit, probably isn’t going to, but a spirit not under your control has no obligation to tell the truth. Why do you ask?
> Frosty

> 没啥。帮朋友问问。
> 活塞(Pistons)
剧透 -   :
> No reason. Asking for a friend.
> Pistons

另一个可能的解释是,精魂对咒术师会不顾一切地服从这种行为,可能是星界的自然法则,而这也是法师们仍在尝试编纂汇总的。在觉醒现象之前,好一些故事都讲述了人与超自然存在之间签订的契约,而那些契约对双方都具有约束力,无论双方愿意与否。这通常会导致一方遭遇惨剧,使其成为一个带着“对自身欲望要倍加谨慎”之寓意的故事。那些故事里的契约有着牢不可破的魔法法则。它们中的大多数都是童话故事新编,不存在真正的魔法概念,但它们确实也有一点道理在里面,因为这些法则也常常适用于觉醒后的世界。然而,就像任何关于精魂的“真理”一样,这依然存在例外。当咒术师被击昏或被杀时,精魂仍能尝试挣脱获得自由。当精魂以这种方式离去时, 在本质上是违反了契约,但不会发生任何不良影响。对一些人来说,这一现象支持了精魂只是咒术师的意识具象化这个理论,而另一些则说这表明咒术师的意识对精魂施加了某种程度的控制;当意识消散,控制也就消失了。而精魂也同样消失了。
剧透 -   :
Another possible explanation for spirits showing potentially painful deference to conjurers might be the natural laws of astral space, which magicians are still trying to catalog. Some pre-Awakening stories tell of contracts between people and magical beings, and those contracts were binding regardless of what either party wanted, which usually led to one party getting a “be careful what you wish for” kind of moral to the story. The contracts in those stories are based on the underlying, unbreakable laws of magic. Most of them were fairy tales retold by people with no real conception of magic, but there was still a grain of truth to them, as these same laws often apply to the post-Awakening world as well. However, like any “truth” about spirits, there are still exceptions. A spirit can still attempt to break free when its conjurer is knocked out or killed. When a spirit departs in this way, the spirit is technically in breach of contract but suffers no ill effects. To some this supports the theory that a spirit is simply a manifestation of the conjurer’s consciousness, while others say it shows that the conjurer’s consciousness exerts some degree of control on the spirit; when the consciousness is gone, so is the control. And the spirit.

附身和寄身POSSESSION AND INHABITATION

平常你的精魂是一个自主实体,他用自己的身体作为四处走动或者与肉界互动的手段,但有两种相似的精魂行为代替了与泛人互动的方式。
剧透 -   :
Your average spirit is an independent entity that uses its own form as a means of getting around or interacting with meat space, but there are two similar spirit behaviors that provide alternative means of interacting with metahumanity.

“附身”类似于那些古早二维影片中关于魔鬼和类似东西的描述:一个精魂附身在一件容器上——物品一件或者活人一个——能像驾驶汽车的人那样控制那个容器。在咒术师当中,关于“附身”最常见的两种假设是:(a)某些精魂喜欢或需要附身容器才能接触物质界;(b)所有的精魂都有附身能力,但只有附身流派咒术师召唤出的精魂才会表现出这种能力。
剧透 -   :
Possession is similar to how old flatvids regarding demons and the like portrayed it: A spirit possessing a vessel—either an object or a living being—can control that vessel like someone driving a car. Among conjurers, the two most common suppositions about possession are either A) that certain spirits prefer or require possession of a vessel in order to touch the physical plane, or B) that all spirits are capable of possession and the only ones that evidence that capability are those summoned by possession-tradition conjurers.

有些人认为“附身”是绝对的邪恶,但邪恶不在于其本身步骤——而在于其使用方法。附身一个对象并不能被称作传统意义上的邪恶,因为它不过是一件事实而已。但是如果精魂附身一个没有做好准备的活体容器,则其可被视为邪恶之物——即是在容器非自愿或者无所料时的附身。再一次强调,邪恶并不是工具本身;而是你如何使用这些工具。
剧透 -   :
Some regard possession as a definitive evil, but the evil’s not the procedure—it’s in the method. Possessing an object isn’t evil in the traditional sense, because it’s just a thing, but a spirit possessing a living vessel can be construed as evil if the vessel is unprepared—i.e., unwilling or unexpected. But then again, evil is not inherently in the tools; it’s in how you use those tools.

另一边,“寄生”这个能力才是真的邪恶。它就像“附身”一样也需要一个容器,但这就是两者唯一的相似之处了。如果说“附身”就像对待卡车一样对待容器,那么“寄生”就像是住在一个已经有人住了的房子里一样住在活体容器里。精魂寄生在这所房子里,杀掉房子的主人,翻阅他所遗留的所有东西。根据寄生程度而定,有时精魂会重新装修房子的外观, 同时保留所有原主人的纪念品。在大多情况下,寄生者会企图烧毁整栋房子——包括所有的纪念品之类的任何东西——它们会形成一个能够具象化的“正常”精魂。如果你遇到一个比起精魂更像“房子”的“寄生融合物”(inhabitation merge),那么你可能无法认出他是什么精魂,除非你利用灵视去看他的灵光(当然,假设他没有掩盖自己的灵光)。另一方面,如果融合物比起“房子”更像精魂的话,粗略观察就能看出它是个“精魂”。不论你怎么看待这个问题,活体容器的原有主人之灵魂都会在寄生融合过程中被彻底摧毁。
剧透 -   :
Inhabitation, on the other hand, has the capacity to be truly sinister. It’s like possession in that it also requires a vessel, but that’s about where the similarity ends. Whereas possession treats the vessel like a truck, inhabitation treats a living vessel like a house with someone already living in it. The spirit inhabits this house by killing the owner and rifling through all of the stuff he left behind. Depending on how the inhabitation procedure went, sometimes the spirit will redecorate the exterior of the house while retaining all of the original owner’s mementos. Other times, the inhabitation attempt burns the entire house down—souvenirs and all—resulting in a “normal” spirit capable of materializing. If you run into an inhabitation merge that’s more “house” than spirit, you probably won’t be able to tell it’s a spirit unless you assense its aura (assuming, of course, that nothing is masking its aura). On the other hand, a merge that’s more spirit than “house” is probably going to scream “spirit” even at first glance. No matter how you slice it, the essence of the vessel’s original occupant is destroyed during an inhabitation merge.

引用
> 如果你曾和“寄生融合物”碰头,对方声称是你的朋友或喷了一些其他搏人同情的废话,他妈的赶紧向另一个方向跑。这是个骗局。不管这个融合物打算告诉你什么样的谎言,主人格都不可能在融合中活下来。
> 球棍(Sticks )
剧透 -   :
> If you ever cross paths with an “inhabitation merge” that claims to be a friend of yours or spouts some other sympathetic bullshit, run the fuck the other direction. It’s a trick. Personalities don’t ever survive a merge, no matter what kind of lies the merge tries to tell you.
> Sticks

> 如果没有什么东西能在融合中幸存下来,那么寄生精魂——比如虫子——真的很擅长模仿原宿主灵光的一部分,并使融合物看起来像一个二者真正的融合。
> 醚兹(Ethernaut )
剧透 -   :
> If nothing survives the merge, then inhabitation spirits— like bugs—are really good at mimicking part of the original vessel’s aura and making the merge look like a true blending of the two.
> Ethernaut

> 我认为,对于这些鬼东西来说,任何事情都不在话下。
> 球棍(Sticks )
剧透 -   :
> I wouldn’t put anything past them.
> Sticks
« 上次编辑: 2018-03-23, 周五 23:22:23 由 马非鱼 »

离线 失语

• Hero
« 回帖 #4 于: 2018-02-02, 周五 12:49:49 »
精魂想要什么WHAT SPIRITS WANT

咒术师们相信精魂是独立的实体,他们有自己的目标和愿望,他们认识到精魂不会免费地做任何事。如果有个朋友总是要求你为他付出不求回报的心血,你最终总会呵斥他快滚的,是吧?这不只是,“嘿,精魂朋友,我想从你这里得到些什么”。这更像是“嘿,精魂朋友,我希望你为我做点什么,作为回报,我会给你这个。”无论如何,就像许多精魂相关的话题,精神需要什么同样是飘忽不定。
剧透 -   :
Conjurers who believe spirits are discrete entities with their own goals and desires realize that spirits don’t do anything for free. How many free-of-charge favors would you do for a chummer before you start telling him to slot off? It’s not just a case of “Hey, spirit, I want something from you.” It’s more a case of “Hey, spirit, I’d like you to do something for me, and in return I’ll give you this.” In any case, like many spirit-related topics, what a spirit wants can change with the tides.

交易:以物换物TRANSACTIONS: A GIFT FOR A GIFT

一个最大的问题——咒术学者几十年来一直试图了解为什么精魂会服从于我们。泛人类——这些入侵者们对于星界而言,和婴孩无异——究竟掌握着超越星界的什么?简单了当地说,咒术师和精魂的关系就是共生,双向关联。咒术师需要的东西只能从精魂身上获得;精神需要的东西只能接受自咒术师。
剧透 -   :
The biggest question that conjuration scholars have attempted for decades to solve is why spirits obey us. What hold does metahumanity—little more than infantile invaders to the astral plane—have over astral beings? Plain and simple, the conjurer-spirit relationship is a symbiotic, two-way relationship. A conjurer needs something he can only get from a spirit, and a spirit needs something it can only receive from the conjurer.

每一次咒术的施展,在某种程度上类似与狂奔者与他们的掮客或是约翰逊先生会面。他们在既定地点见面,阐明条件,促成交易,谈判价格。然后交易达成,无论是金钱、服务、货物、人情、许诺或其他无形资产。有经验的咒术师都能证明当咒术师召唤精魂时会发生同样的事情:他们在星界上安排“见面”,谈判价格,要么成交,要么走人。
剧透 -   :
Each attempt at conjuration is in some ways similar to runners meeting with their fixer or Mr. Johnson. They meet at an established location, set forth terms, broker a deal, negotiate a price. Then an exchange takes place, either in terms of money, services, goods, favors, promises, or other intangibles. Experienced conjurers will attest that the same thing occurs when a magician calls upon a spirit: they arrange a “meet” on the astral, negotiate a price, and either seal the deal or walk away.

不管你是否意识到,在精魂世界中每一个“咒术师-精魂协议”(conjurer-spirit agreement)的达成都在星界中支付了一笔代价,每一次交易都发生在毫秒之内,或更少的肉界时间内。有些人甚至不知道交易的发生:他们呼唤精魂,精魂随之服从,就好像这就是它本来要做的一样。只有愚蠢的咒术师才会忽略自己在得到精魂好处时所花费的代价。
剧透 -   :
Whether you realize it or not, every conjurer-spirit agreement in the spirit world utilizes a currency that can only be spent in astral space, and each transaction occurs in the span of a millisecond or less of meat-space time. Some conjurers aren’t even aware a transaction takes place: they call a spirit, and the spirit obeys as if that’s what it was meant to do. Only foolish conjurers fail to realize the coin they spend to get this favor.

那么,一个咒术师该贡献什么予精魂以换取其服务呢?一些拒绝召唤精魂的教派团体会让普罗大众相信我们咒术师需要献祭我们的灵魂,我们的第一个孩子,或者其他一些荒谬的东西来让精魂服从我们。答案远没有那么耸人听闻。精魂作为星界存在,不需要像我们饲养肉食动物那样给予摄入食物,但是能量守恒定律依然可以应用于星界空间。这意味着精魂仍然需要从某处汲取能量。说到这里,我知道你现在脑袋里转着什么——精魂不是星界吸血鬼。是的,但我们给予精魂某些东西以换取他们的服务是不会错的。例如某一种精魂也许满足于服从某个星界形体,等价于一绺头发或一点指甲。不要问我“星界指甲”是什么,因为我真的不能告诉你。它是无形的,甚至在星界上亦是如此。每当我与精魂交易以换取服务时,我的星体形体总是感觉稍微轻了一点……如果星体形体有重量的话。要记住,一些精魂服务的代价非常之高,如生命精华或多余业力,但是除非咒术师允许他们这样做,否则这些都不会构成生命威胁。
剧透 -   :
So what does a conjurer give a spirit in exchange for its services? Some religious groups that refuse to conjure spirits would have the general populace believe we conjurers offer up our souls, our firstborn sons, or some other nonsense to make spirits obey us. The answer is far less sensational. Spirits, as astral beings, don’t feed in the same way as we meat creatures do, but the law of conservation of energy can be applied to astral space. That means spirits still need to gain sustenance from somewhere. Now, I hear what you’re thinking: Spirits aren’t astral vampires. True, but what we give spirits in exchange for their services are things we won’t even miss. For example, a spirit might be content to obey for the astral equivalent of a strand of hair or a clipped fingernail. Don’t ask me exactly what an “astral fingernail clipping” is because I really couldn’t tell you. It’s intangible, even on the astral plane. Whenever I barter with a spirit for its services, my astral form feels infinitesimally lighter, if astral forms can be said to have weight. Bear in mind that some spirits demand steeper prices for their services, such as one’s life essence or karmic surplus, but none of those are potentially life threatening unless the conjurer allows them to be.

黄金法则THE GOLDEN RULE

好了,所以精魂需要某种形式的星界能量作为回报来执行服务。但是他们还想要什么呢?
剧透 -   :
Okay, so spirits want some form of astral energy in return for performing services. But what else do they desire?

精魂不只是一些无意识的星界机器。他们更像是忠诚的宠物——虽然我不愿意用“宠物”这个词来形容任何看见——无论它们受到多少伤害,它们都会停留于咒术师身侧。一旦服务耗尽或契约结束,一个被虐待的精魂会尽快离开咒术师身边。某些类型的精魂——尤其明显的是盟约精魂或束缚自由精魂——在发现任何可以利用的机会时就会第一时间逃跑。从这一点我们可以推断出精魂一般不喜欢被虐待。(译注:没有什么生物喜欢被虐待)
剧透 -   :
A spirit isn’t just some mindless, astral-parity machine. Like a kind of loyal pet—although I hesitate to use the term “pet” for any spirit—it remains by the conjurer’s side regardless of the punishment inflicted upon it. Once the services are expended or the bond dissipates, an abused spirit departs from the conjurer as soon as possible. Some types of spirits—most notably ally spirits or bound free spirits— attempt to flee at the first available opportunity. From this we can infer that spirits in general don’t appreciate being mistreated.

精神的黄金法则大同小异,在圣经,在孔子的著作,在摩诃婆罗多和更多著作中皆有所述:自己想被如何对待,就如何对待精魂。你当然可以虐待精魂,如果你想的话——我不会阻止你——但要记住,因果报应是个十足的婊子,你得到的一切都是你应得的。
剧透 -   :
The Golden Rule of Spirits is just the same as it is in the Bible, the writings of Confucius, the Mahabharata, and more: treat a spirit how you would like to be treated. You can certainly mistreat spirits if you want—I won’t stop you—but bear in mind that karma is a complete bitch, and you deserve everything you get.

有很多方法可以致使精魂不适或痛苦。对于那些争论星界存在因为缺乏神经系统而无法感觉到痛苦的人,我建议你在下面的列表中尝试一件或更多的事情,看看你的生活究竟会变得更好还是更糟。请注意,这份列表并不是要让你去寻找创新的方法,去成为精魂世界祸害的建议。我把这个列表留在这里,这样你就可以避免这些事情的发生,或者阻止别人做这些事情。这不是一个详尽的列表,因此如果你偶然发现一个没有在这里列出的事项,请务必让我知道以便验证它。
剧透 -   :
There are many ways to cause spirits pain or discomfort. For those arguing that spirits can’t feel pain because astral beings lack a nervous system, I challenge you to try one or more of the things in the list below and see whether your life improves. For the record, this list isn’t meant to give you ideas so you can go out and find new and inventive ways to be a scourge of spirit world. I’m leaving this list here so that you can avoid these things— or prevent others from doing them. This isn’t an all-inclusive list, so if you stumble across an item not listed here, be sure to let me know so I can verify it.

引用
• 瓦解:当一个精魂在战斗中被击毁,或穿越一个赢得了对抗的星界屏障时,精魂的星界能量会被强行送回原泛位面。精魂可以在几星期之后回归,通常是三到四个星期。
剧透 -   :
• Disruption: When a spirit is disrupted by being knocked out in combat or by intersecting an astral barrier that wins the contest, that spirit’s astral energies are forcibly returned to its native metaplane. The spirit can return after a few weeks, usually three or four.

• 释放驱逐咒术:精魂每时每刻都在遭人驱逐。割断召唤者和精魂之间链接,所有剩余的服务都会消失。然而,如果你驱逐某人的精魂,然后立即要求它提供服务,精魂会从契约开始的那一刻就讨厌你。对精魂而言,驱逐就像是后脑遭到猛击一般。你要知道,当你狠狠地打了一个家伙的后脑,然后用枪指着他的头要求他做点什么的时候,他是不会高兴的,即使你愿意付他钱。
剧透 -   :
• Post-banishment conjuring: Spirits get banished all the time. Sever the link between summoner and spirit, and all services owed become forfeit. However, if you banish someone’s spirit and then immediately demand services from it, that spirit is going to start out disliking you from the get-go. To a spirit, banishment is like being rabbit-punched. Hit a guy in the base of the skull, and you know he’s not going to be happy when you point a gun at his head and demand he do something, even if you offer to pay him.

• 束缚(所有类型):大多数精魂抗拒束缚的尝试,因为束缚是一个更为复杂的星界契约,而不是一个简单的以物换物,通常来说,精魂会比较吃亏。束缚精魂就像无拘精魂一样服从它们的咒术师,但是一个精魂被束缚越久,它就会变得越不安。反复束缚同一个精魂一遍又一遍就像是强迫某人连续几天不睡觉一样。更严重的问题在于,某些咒术师会长期束缚或“禁锢”一个精魂。该类型的束缚要求咒术师花费业力并将它们编织到精魂中,这对精魂来说是件极度痛苦的事情。
剧透 -   :
• Binding (all types): Most spirits resist binding attempts, because being bound is a far more complicated astral transaction than a simple gift-for-a-gift exchange, and more often than not, spirits end up on the short end of the stick. Bound spirits obey their conjurers just like an unbound spirit will, but the longer and more often a spirit remains bound, the more restless it becomes. Repeatedly binding the same spirit over and over again is akin to forcibly keeping someone awake for several days on end. The problem gets worse when a conjurer uses long-term binding or “fettering.” These types of binding require the magician to sacrifice karmic energies and weave them into the spirit, something deeply distressing for the spirit.

• 抵抗耗竭(译注:SG,202页,盟约精魂的能力):在错误的时间处理施法耗竭会带来巨大的不便,所以通过你控制下的精魂进行耗竭抵抗非常诱人。精魂真的很讨厌这个。当你分流耗竭予精魂,法力的激烈反应会在没有任何过滤器的精魂精华上撕开一个口子。我们泛人至少有一个可以吸收耗竭的肉体过滤器,这就是我们为什么会在抵抗耗竭时会感到疲倦或者疲累——甚至在更糟的情况下完全昏倒——的原因。如果你曾被电击过几秒钟,那么你大概就能明白把耗竭分流到精魂上是什么样子了。
剧透 -   :
• Resist Drain: Having to deal with spellcasting Drain at the wrong time is a huge inconvenience, so it’s tempting to pass Drain off to a spirit under your control. Spirits really hate this. When you shunt Drain to a spirit, the mana backlash tears through the spirit’s essence without any filter. We metahumans at least have a meat filter with which to absorb Drain, which is why we feel tired or fatigued—or pass out entirely, in worst cases—when Drain hits. If you’ve ever been shocked by live electricity for more than a few seconds, then you have at least some idea of what it’s like to pass Drain to a spirit.

• 法术束缚:这也许是在精魂世界中赢取污点最简单的方法。当你利用精魂维持一个法术较长的时间,灵魂必须将自身的星界能量导入到法术中。这在短期内不会显现出坏结果,但最终,精魂必须永远投入到法术中去,并且随着时间的流逝而导致精魂的削弱。法术束缚的潜在危险是精魂在这种方式下将被迫耗尽其所有的星界精华,没有哪个泛位面探索能永远地恢复它。
剧透 -   :
• Spell binding: This is perhaps the easiest way to earn black marks in the spirit world. When you pass the sustainment of a spell to a spirit to maintain for an extended period of time, the spirit must funnel its own astral energies into the spell. This is fine for the short term, but eventually the spirit must permanently invest itself into the spell, causing the spirit to weaken as time passes. The inherent danger of spell binding is that a spirit forced to exhaust all of its astral essence this way dissipates permanently, and no number of metaplanar quests will ever be able to recover it.

引用
> 有一件事在这里没有列出,那就是腐化(corruption)。如果你把精魂暴露于有毒元素之下,你要知道精魂会有变异的风险。这些可憎的毒精魂不仅永远饱受苦痛折磨,它们还极其危险——尤其是在无人控制的情况下。在它们的内心深处,它们很是厌恶自己已经变成的样子。
> 冬鹰(Winterhawk)
剧透 -   :
> One thing Many-Names doesn’t list here is corruption. If you expose a spirit to toxic elements, you run the risk of mutating the spirit. Not only are toxic spirits in a constant state of agony, these abominations are incredibly dangerous, especially if they become uncontrolled. And somewhere, deep inside, they completely loathe what they have become.
> Winterhawk

> 据我所知,法力真空(mana voids)和其他负面背景计数(negative background counts)也会伤害精魂。曾经我看到一位亲故意将精魂暴露到几乎没有法力的区域,尽管我非觉醒者,但我听到的声音和感觉到的事物,仍然让我噩梦连连。感觉我就像看着某人淹死在海里或死于失压空间。
> 2XL
剧透 -   :
> From what I understand, mana voids and other negative background counts can also hurt spirits. Once saw a chummer willfully expose a spirit to an area nearly devoid of mana, and even though I’m a mundane, I heard sounds and felt feelings that still give me nightmares. Felt like I was like watching someone drown in the ocean or die of decompression in space.
> 2XL
« 上次编辑: 2023-08-31, 周四 15:44:02 由 阿飘 »