作者 主题: 【RF】如何成为现在的你WHO YOU ARE & HOW YOU GOT HERE,P12~21  (阅读 8867 次)

副标题: 施工完毕,校对:妖猫

离线 失语

• Hero
  • 帖子数: 971
  • 苹果币: 2
如何成为现在的你
WHO YOU ARE & HOW YOU GOT HERE

发帖人:公牛
POSTED BY: BULL

去询问一百个暗影狂奔者他们是怎么进入这个行业的,我保证你会得到一百个答案。也许会更多,因为有时想要回答这个问题并不简单(并且总有些人自作聪明)。如果你问一个孩子她长大后想做什么,她可能会回答“暗影狂奔者”,就像她说要做“试飞员”或“三维电影明星”一样,这并非是她本意。当你开始着手做这件事的时候,会发现并没有很多人一开始就想成为暗影狂奔者。不管媒体如何美化这个职业,这就是一份肮脏、危险的工作,充满了风险和背叛,而且几乎可以保证在你还没有大到可以抱孙子的时候,你就得在地上挖一个舒适的小洞。
引用
> 在场的管理员除外。反正其中一个除外。
> Slamm-0 !
> 你,安静。
> 公牛(Bull)
但是我们中有很多人在这一行,而且我们都来自某个地方。那个赤诚的孩子是怎么学会躲子弹,学会丢法术,或者学会闯进某些一旦被抓住,最好的下场就是他们直接杀了你的地方?
既然说到这里,你知道那一百个各有各的故事的狂奔者吧?他们还各有各的性格,各有各的怪癖,各有各的烦人习惯、偏见和特点,如果队伍还想把活干完,就不得不容忍。谁没和那家伙一起狂奔过呢,就是那个家伙——你知道的,那个喜欢在狂奔前一小时狂吃林堡干酪洋葱三明治的人,或者是那个就喜欢不断弹出自己的钢刺爪,每5秒就得弹一次的家伙?或者是那个停不住嘴,讲自己怪异兴趣的姑娘?面对现实吧:当你在工作的时候,你会花很多时间和这些人相处,所以你最好学会忽略一些事情,学会友好相处。因为把他们杀了是非常不专业的一件事。通常来说。
引用
> 通常是这样。有一次我和一个可以用他的……呃……精液涂满房间的兽人一起狂奔。他认为这是一种放纵。在我们完成任务时,其他成员都准备好揍他一顿。我不认为任何法庭会判我们有罪。
> 涡轮兔
劇透 -   :
Ask a hundred shadowrunners how they got into the biz, and I guarantee you’ll get a hundred answers. Maybe even more, since sometimes there’s no easy response (and some people are just smartasses). If you ask a kid what she wants to be when she grows up, she might say “shadowrunner” in the same way she’d say “test pilot” or “trid star,” but she doesn’t really mean it. When you get down to it, not too many people start out wanting to be shadowrunners. Despite how the profession is glamorized in the media, it’s a dirty, dangerous job, full of risks and backstabs and almost guaranteed to get you a nice cozy little hole in the ground before you’re old enough to have grandkids.
> Present admins excepted. One of them, anyway.
> Slamm-0!
> Hush, you.
> Bull
But there are a lot of us out there, and we all had to come from somewhere. How did that bright-eyed kid end up dodging bullets, slinging spells, or breaking into places where the best you can hope for if they catch you is that they’ll just kill you?
And while we’re on the subject: You know those hundred runners with a hundred different stories? They’ve also got a hundred different personalities. A hundred quirks, annoying habits, prejudices, and traits that their teams are going to have to put up with if they want to get anything done. Who hasn’t been on a run with That Guy—you know, the one who likes to eat limburger-and-onion sandwiches an hour before a run, or the one who obsessively pops his cyberspur every five seconds? Or the chica who won’t shut up about her pet whack doodle cause? Face it: You’re going to be spending a lot of time in close proximity to these people while you’re doing biz, so it’s in your best interest to figure out how to overlook some things and learn to play nice together. Because killing them is unprofessional. Usually.
> Usually’s right. I did a run one time with an ork who could clear a room with his … uh … emissions. He thought it was a riot. The rest of the team were ready to cack him by the time we got done. I don’t think any court would have convicted us.
> Turbo Bunny
« 上次编辑: 2020-03-28, 周六 13:58:16 由 失语 »

离线 失语

• Hero
Re: 【RF】你是谁&为何而来WHO YOU ARE & HOW YOU GOT HERE,P12~21
« 回帖 #1 于: 2020-03-25, 周三 10:39:46 »
你从何而来WHERE YOU CAME FROM

会有一千种理由坠入暗影。有时候在坠落到深渊的过程中,会伴随大量的尖叫与碰撞,然而有时候它更像是在(正如我最喜欢的一本书《死树》(old deadtree)的作者曾经说过的那样)“漫无目的地往下走”。但不管一个人怎么做,它几乎总是意味着一些非常重要的生活变化。让我们来看看你可能会以怎样的方式加入到(不那么)富有和虚无的生活方式。
劇透 -   :
There are a thousand ways to fall into the shadows. Sometimes that fall involves a lot of screaming and smashing into things on the way to the bottom, and sometimes it’s more like (as the author of one of my favorite old deadtree books once said) “sauntering vaguely downward.” But whatever way somebody does it, it almost always means some pretty significant life changes. Let’s take a look at a few of the ways you might join the Lifestyles of the (not-so) Rich and Shadowy.

公司:向外流动THE CORPS: OUTWARD MOBILITY
快讯:并非每个在公司工作的人都对自己的命运感到满意。当然,有一份轻松的工作总是好的(或者至少有一份工作——薪奴的生活并不总是轻松惬意),不用担心下一顿饭的来源,也不用担心在凑合过夜时不定期用交叉火力保持通风。确切地说我也不知道那是什么,这是他们告诉我的。很多人喜欢这种生活方式,甚至向往这种生活方式,尽管我们很难理解。但总有一些人会抬起头来,注意到公司的生活是有代价的——也就是你的自由。超企,尤其是那些十大,会密切关注着他们的资产。这就是你对他们的全部:一笔资产。你住在公司的房子里,在公司的商店里购物,吃公司的食物,听从公司的命令。如果你不——我们就这么说吧,超企可不是靠宽恕而致富的。
暗影界从超企中挖掘那些不适应这种生活环境的最优秀的人才。他们有几种类型:这位前公司职员要么受够了领导层的路线,决定单干,要么就是犯了惊人的错误,带着极端的偏见在清算前先走一步:保镖的指控被驳回了(由于疏忽,或单纯只是故意);那个姑娘终于看清了她的宝贝超企在做什么,良心受到了谴责;颇有成就的法师或碟客厌倦了在公司的弦上跳舞,并意识到他们的才能在公开市场上可以获得更多的新円;以及其他各种各样的人。
引用
> 我共事过最好的出面人之一曾经是高级行政助理。任何了解超企生活的人都知道,如果你在行政部门工作,你就绝不会想要惹恼你的管理层——那些男男女女知道所有人的一切,如果你不好好对待他们,他们会从周日开始用六种方式折磨你。她终于受够了这种生活,于是她弃船而逃,遁入暗影——同时,她向上级汇报了她那猪头一样的老板那富有创意的会计报告,她设法扳倒他,让他下台。我上次听说她已经是一位自由掮客了。
> 基亚(Kia)
> 当像法师、执行官和研究人员这样的高价值资产逃离公司时,超企都会特别紧张,因为他们知道一旦这些资产流出,损害的可能就是公司的利润。当然,他们不会像对付乔·萨拉里曼(Joe Sarariman)那样花大力气去搞到一个秘密项目的首席科学家,但永远不要认为你是完全安全的。
> 邦德先生(Mr. Bonds)
劇透 -   :
News flash: Not everybody who works for the corps is happy with their lot in life. Sure, there’s something to be said for having a cushy job (or at least a job—the life of a wageslave isn’t always cushy), not having to worry about where your next meal is coming from, and having a doss that doesn’t regularly get ventilated by crossfire. I’m not sure what that something is, exactly, but that’s what they tell me. A lot of people like that lifestyle and even aspire to it, hard as it is for us to comprehend. But there’s always going to be those people who poke their heads up and twig to the fact that corp life has a price—namely, your freedom. Corps, especially the big ones, keep close tabs on their assets. That’s all you are to them: an asset. You live on company property, shop at the company store, eat the company food, and toe the company line. And if you don’t—let’s just say that the megas didn’t get rich by being forgiving.
The shadows get some of their best talent from these corporate misfits. They come in several flavors: the ex-company man who either had enough of the party line and decided to go it alone or who made some spectacular frag-up and got out one step ahead of liquidation with extreme prejudice; the bodyguard who let her charge get cacked (either due to negligence or on purpose); the chica who finally got a good look at what her precious corp was doing and had an attack of conscience; the hotshot mage or decker who got sick of dancing on a corporate string and realized their talents would command more nuyen on the open market; and plenty others.
> One of the best faces I ever worked with used to be a high-level administrative assistant. Anybody who knows anything about corp life knows that if you’re an executive, you do not want to piss off your admin—those girls and boys know everything about everybody, and they can frag you over six ways from Sunday if you don’t treat them right. She finally had enough of the life and jumped ship for the shadows—while managing to bring her pig of a boss down when she ratted out his creative accounting to the higher-ups. Last I heard she was working as a freelance fixer.
> Kia
> Corps get particularly nervous when high-value assets like mages, executives, and researchers fly the coop, because they know things that can hurt the bottom line if it gets out. Naturally they won’t spend the kind of effort going after Joe Sarariman that they would trying to get their hands on the lead scientist of a secret project, but don’t ever think you’re completely safe.
> Mr. Bonds

街头:从煎锅中出笼THE STREETS: OUT OF THE FRYING PAN
与公司生活不同的是,街头生活通常没有什么值得称道的地方。生活在第六纪曼城区的战壕里,通常是相当具有中世纪的风味——这意味着肮脏,粗野,和短暂。
引用
> 有点像链匠。
> 冬鹰(Winterhawk)
> 当着我的面说这句话——我谅你也不敢。
> 链匠(Chainmaker)
重点是,街头的大多数人都在寻找离开街头的方法,而暗影狂奔可能是到达目的的最佳方式之一。我们的队伍里充满了前街头孩子,他们开始为当地的辛迪加狂奔,当机会出现在家门口时,这些前帮派成员抓住了机会,还有一些犯罪分子(有组织的也有自由的),他们一有机会跳出这个危险的世界,直接跳入到另一个危险的世界当中。
引用
> 这就是为什么你通常不会看到很多犯罪组织的高层成员在暗影界狂奔。一方面,他们在做自己的事情时会获得更多的信任,另一方面,一旦你坐到一定程度的位置,如果你成为自由职业者,你就活不了多久了。
> 雷公(Lei Kung)
> 你漏掉了街头狂奔者最可靠的来源之一:泛人类,尤其是兽人和巨魔。如果你是一个精灵或矮人,你还有机会在生活中找到美好的事物,但如果你身高三米,看起来就像一个行走的犯罪现场,那么你可以试着找一份轻松的公司活。有趣的是,当我们中的一个提出申请时,每一份不在“可牺牲炮灰”职业轨道上的工作都奇迹般地被填满了。在暗影中,有时我们会发现,除了强大和坚强,我们还需要更多的东西。
> 2XL
> 当大多数人想到那些在街头开始狂奔的人时,他们首先会想到的是刻板印象,比如街头孩子,流氓,和那些低级犯罪残渣。再深入一点,你就会发现其中有着各种各样有趣的人。就在去年,我和一个前娼妓、一个前文乐木偶、一个食尸鬼街头外科医生(是的,我不会再这样做了,但当时我没有太多选择),还有一个在三合会里站错边的三流赌徒一起狂奔。暗影狂奔有时候会创造给你一些千奇百怪的伙伴。
> 机师X
劇透 -   :
Unlike corp life, street life doesn’t usually have much going for it. Life in the trenches of the Sixth World’s sprawls is often quite medieval—meaning nasty, brutish, and short.
> Rather like Chainmaker.
> Winterhawk
> Say that to my face—I dare you.
> Chainmaker
The point is, most people on the streets are looking for a way off the streets, and shadowrunning can be one of the best ways to get there. Our ranks are full of former street kids who got their start running errands for the local syndicate, ex-gangers who seized an opportunity when it showed up on their doorstep, and criminal types (both organized and freelance) who got a chance to break out of one dangerous world and jump right into another.
> This is why you don’t usually see a lot of higher-up members of the criminal syndicates running the shadows. For one thing, they pull in a lot more cred doing what they’re doing, and for another, once you get to a certain level, you don’t tend to survive long if you go freelance.
> Lei Kung
> You left out one of the most reliable sources of runners from the streets: metahumans, especially orks and trolls. If you’re an elf or a dwarf, you’ve got a decent shot at the nice things in life, but try getting a cushy corp job if you’re three meters tall and look like a walking crime scene. Funny, but every job that isn’t on the “expendable cannon fodder” career track miraculously seems to be filled when one of us puts in an application. In the shadows, sometimes we actually get to show that there’s more to us than being big and tough.
> 2XL
> When most people think of runners who got their start on the streets, their minds go first to the expected stuff like the street kids, gangers, and low-level criminal scum. Dig a little deeper and you find all kinds of others who are a lot more interesting. In just the last year I’ve run with an ex-prostitute, a former bunraku puppet, a ghoul street surgeon (yeah, I wouldn’t do it again, but I didn’t have a lot of choice at the time), and a small-time gambler who got on the wrong side of the Triads. Shadowrunning makes for some really strange bedfellows sometimes.
> Rigger X

奇才:当事情变得奇怪时THE TALENTED: WHEN THE GOING GETS WEIRD
暗影界是一块对于社会光谱中较为奇怪一端的磁铁,对于这一端,我指的是像魔法师、超链和碟客这样的人。当然,好的矩阵操作员和大多数施法者(无论好坏)都可以在公司里赚自己的饭票,直接离开街道或在公司学校毕业,进入一个舒适的工作环境在那里度过余生。
他们可以做到,但他们中的大多数不行。年轻人们,这里有另一条快讯:他们中的大多数人都很他妈奇怪。只能说,不管出于什么原因,他们中的大多数都不能很好地放入预制孔中。你可以把方钉子扎进圆孔里,只要你把方钉的棱角锉掉,但你试试用连个名字都没有的三维结构来做这桩事。然后,你就会开始发现,将他们当中的一些人加入到你那快乐的小公司整合集会中去,会爆发出成堆的问题。撇开陌生感不谈,魔法和矩阵都倾向于提升个体性——姑且这么说——的类型。当你宁愿挖出自己的眼睛也不愿接某个口若悬河的办公室极端派的命令时,为了自由去做你想做的事而放弃一些安全感会让你在短时间内变得极具魅力。
引用
> 并非每个在暗影中狂奔的人都是如此,因为他们别无选择。多年前,为了有更多的自由去追求自己的道路,我做出了一个明智的决定,我解除了公司和学术生活的束缚。相信我——不管结果有多有趣,公司的魔法项目都不会喜欢特立独行的实验。我比在大学里学到了更多关于真实世界的魔法现象。
> 冬鹰(Winterhawk)
> 如果你是一个碟客,而且你足够优秀,它甚至不必是一个选择。我曾经认识一个人,他在公司临时工作中收入高达六位数,同时在暗影碟客界维持着三个不同的化身。是的你没听错。在暗影界,从没有人看见过他本尊。他没有继续狂奔的唯一原因是他变得粗心大意,不小心拿了一份和自己公司作对的工作。
> 故障(Glitch)
> 当然,如果你和我一样,那么公司也不会需要你,除了作为实验对象。所以即使我们想要这个机会,我们也没得选择。
> 网猫(Netcat)
劇透 -   :
The shadows are a magnet for the odder end of society’s spectrum, and by that I mean people like magicians, technomancers, and deckers. Sure, good Matrix jockeys and most spellslingers (good or not) can write their own tickets with the corps, stepping straight off the streets or out of the corp schools and into plush jobs where they’re set for life.
They can, but a lot of them don’t. Here’s another news flash, kids: A lot of these people are fraggin’ strange. Let’s just say that for whatever reason, most of them don’t fit nicely into the prefab holes. You can fit a square peg into a round hole if you file off the corners, but try doing that with a three-dimensional construct that doesn’t even have a name. Then you’ll begin to see the problem with integrating some of these guys into your happy little corporate conformity-fest. And strangeness aside, both magic and the Matrix tend to elevate the type of people who are—let’s just say—individuals. When you’d rather claw out your own eyes than take orders from some mouth-breathing desk-hugger, giving up some security for the freedom to do what you want can get attractive in a hurry.
> Not everyone who runs the shadows does it because they have no other choice. I made a conscious decision many years ago to step away from the constraints of corporate and academic life for a while in order to have more freedom to pursue my own path. Trust me—corporate magical programs don’t look kindly on maverick experimentation, regardless of how interesting its results might be. I’ve learned more about real-world magical phenomena in the shadows than I ever did at University.
> Winterhawk
> If you’re a decker and you’re good enough, it doesn’t necessarily even have to be a choice. I knew a guy once who was bringing in high six figures in a corp gig, while simultaneously maintaining three separate personas as shadowrunning deckers. Yeah, you heard me right. Nobody in the shadows ever saw him in person. The only reason he’s not still running is he got sloppy and accidentally took a job against his own corp.
> Glitch
> And of course, if you’re like me the corps don’t want you anyway, except as experimental subjects. So we don’t exactly get a choice even if we wanted it.
> Netcat

兜帽客与激进分子:建立社区(一次一枚炸弹)HOODERS AND ACTIVISTS: BUILDING COMMUNITIES (ONE BOMB AT A TIME)
有些人就是气得发疯,再也不想忍受。他们见到生活就是一坨狗屎,他们看到一小群人在某些地方甚至可能在火星上幕后操纵着一切,他们会不择手段接近他们,而其他人只是在那泥潭中不断堕落。无论他们的目的是什么——泛人权、新无政府主义、宗教自由、超链人权,甚至是一些更私人的东西,比如让他们自己所处的蔓城区小角落更安全——激进的狂奔者将他们的暗影狂奔和社会道德秩序的副作用结合起来。他们不是为了钱或个人利益,而是因为他们真诚地相信,他们有机会让世界变得稍微好一点。
引用
> 这听起来很理想化,但是不要被愚弄了:不是所有的兜帽客都是头上戴花的清高者。有一部分兜帽客只是另一种恐怖分子的体现。这是视角的不同。炸毁一幢公寓大楼,因为它的拥有者是一个反泛人的警察,这可能是件好事,但那些失去一切无家可归的居民们又该如何。
> 汉尼贝拉(Hannibelle)
> 当你与激进或其他狂奔者一起工作时,你必须小心。大多数狂奔者本质上都是雇佣兵,也就是说他们为付钱的人工作。优秀的人知道,除非情况发生变化,否则你不会恩将仇报(是的,我知道,这只会发生在有“y”的日子里,但你明白我的意思)。他们也懂得妥协的价值,当有人切换演出剧目时,你可以跟他们讲道理。激进分子中比较理想主义的那部分人相信,没有什么比一个正在执行使命的信徒更危险的事情了。和一个只会看到自己观点的人一起工作是很困难的。
> 无耻政客(Snopes)
> 当你觉得自己是对的时候,你就不会妥协。
> 生态(Ecotope)
劇透 -   :
Some people just get mad as hell and don’t want to take it anymore. They look at the drekker we live in and all they see is the fact that a small group of people pull the strings from what might as well be Mars for all the chance that they’ll ever get near them, while everybody else is down here in the mud getting screwed. Whatever their cause—metahuman rights, neo-anarchism, religious freedom, rights for technomancers, or even something more personal like making their own little corner of the sprawl safer—activist runners combine their shadowrunning with a side order of social conscience. They’re not in it for money or personal gain, but because they genuinely believe that they have a shot at making the world a slightly better place.
> This sounds idealistic, but don’t be fooled: Not all hooders are goody-two-shoes with flowers in their hair. One man’s hooder is another man’s terrorist. It’s all about perspective. Blowing up an apartment building because it’s owned by an anti-meta policlub might be all well and good, but tell that to the families of the residents who’ve lost all their stuff and now have no place to live.
> Hannibelle
> You have to be careful when you work with activists or other runners who are in it for a cause. Most runners are essentially mercs, meaning they work for whoever’s paying them. The good ones learn that you don’t bite the hand that feeds you unless the circumstances change (yeah, I know, that only happens on days with ‘y’ in them, but you get the idea). They also understand the value of compromise, and you can reason with them when somebody switches the playlist. The more idealistic end of the activist crowd believe, and there aren’t many more dangerous things than a true believer on a mission. It’s hard to work with somebody who won’t see anybody’s viewpoint but their own.
> Snopes
> You don’t compromise when you’re right.
> Ecotope

学者:泛人类真正需要知道的事情ACADEMICS: THINGS METAHUMANITY REALLY NEEDS TO KNOW
有时候,好奇心会带你去一些非常奇怪的地方,尤其是当你在寻找答案的时候,这是你在象牙塔中所找不到的。大多数学术类型的人满足于做安全的、适当批准的研究,但总有一部分人意识到,当你愿意做严格来说不合法或不安全的事情时,你可以得到更多有趣的结果。
我不常提起我女儿,但我想说的是,一些学者的研究超出了他们的理解范围,在可怕的事情发生之前可以做好一切保护措施。
引用
> 在邓凯尔赞的遗嘱公布之后,我们看到了很多这样的例子。狂奔者小队带着植物学家和生物学家在像亚马逊这样的地方寻找稀有的动植物群,赚了很多钱。任何地方,只要你发现有趣的现象,而这些现象又不容易触及,你就会看到那些敢于冒险的学者们正在寻找到达那里的方法。他们中的一些人认为这次冒险是值得的,于是留在了暗影界。
> 玻璃行者(Glasswalker)
> 如果你想要大问题的答案,你必须尽你所能去得到它们。
> 伊利亚(Elijah)
劇透 -   :
Sometimes curiosity can take you to some pretty strange places, especially when you’re chasing answers that you won’t find in your typical ivory-covered halls. Most academic types are content to do safe, properly sanctioned research, but there’s always a subset who realize that when you’re willing to do things that aren’t strictly legal—or safe—you can get a lot more interesting results.
I don’t talk about my daughter much, but I’ll just say that some academics get in over their heads and could use some protection before something terrible happens.
> We saw a lot of this right around the time Dunkelzahn’s will came out. Runner teams made good money shepherding botanists and biologists around places like Amazonia looking for rare flora and fauna. Anywhere you find interesting phenomena that aren’t easy to get to, you’ll find adventurous academics looking to find a way to get there. Some of them decide the rush is worth the danger and stay in the shadows.
> Glasswalker
> If you want the answers to the big questions, you have to do what it takes to get them.
> Elijah

军事和执法:高墙之外
MILITARY AND LAW ENFORCEMENT: THE OTHER SIDE OF THE WALL
维护社会规则的人和违反社会规则的人,之间的差别比你想象的要小得多。就我所知,一些执法人员和军人越过高墙坠入暗影的理由,包括对内部猖獗的腐败感到失望,简单的诱惑,或徒劳无功的感觉(当这么多的坏人侥幸逃脱时,你很难保持理想主义,或者更糟的是,你会因为一些远远超出你工资等级的幕后交易而被解雇)。当你是一名巡逻警察或者是一名拿着垃圾工资的士兵时,你在暗影中所能获得信誉的诱惑难以忽视。再加上你在工作中学到的技能——比如武器使用,近距离格斗,保持头脑清晰的领导,以及让魔咒纷飞——这种转变比操作一般的公司无人机更容易,前景也更有吸引力。
引用
> 这是许多独立佣兵机构招募新兵的地方。也许你的生活不像在军队或准军事组织中那样可预测,但它通常要有趣得多。而且可能更赚钱。
> 斗牛士(Picador)
> 我曾经认识一位前孤星警探,他花了两年中的大部分时间来运作一项逮捕某特殊狂奔者小队的行动。然后他惹怒了不该惹的上级,发现自己被诬陷犯下了一起引人注目的谋杀案。他在断头斧落下之前逃之夭夭,并且和他一直在追捕的狂奔者小队勾搭上了。
> 危险先生(DangerSensei)
劇透 -   :
There’s a lot less difference than you think between the people who uphold society’s rules and the ones who break them. Some reasons I’ve heard for law-enforcement officers and military types going over the wall and into the shadows include frustration with the rampant corruption within the ranks, simple temptation, or feelings of futility (it’s hard to keep your idealism when so many times the bad guys do get away with it, or worse yet, get off due to backroom deals way above your pay grade). When you’re a beat cop or a military grunt earning crap wages, the lure of the cred you can make in the shadows is hard to ignore. Combine that with the fact that the skills you’ve learned on the job—things like weapon use, close combat, and keeping your head when the lead and the mojo are flying—make the transition easier than it would be for, say, your typical corp drone, and the prospect starts to get really attractive.
> This is where a lot of the independent merc outfits get their recruits. Maybe your life isn’t as predictable as it is within a military or paramilitary structure, but it’s usually a hell of a lot more interesting. And potentially more lucrative.
> Picador
> I once knew an ex-Lone Star detective who spent the better part of two years running an operation to take down a particular runner team. Then he pissed off the wrong higherup and found himself framed for a high-profile murder. He got out just ahead of the axe and ended up hooking up with the same runner team he’d been trying to catch.
> DangerSensei

不可归类THE UNCLASSIFIABLE
还有一些更奇怪的家伙。在暗影界里到处都是他们的身影——那些从完全意想不到的地方坠入到这种生活的人。给我一点时间去思考,我可能会讲给你至少50个不同暗影狂奔者的起源故事,而这些故事绝非来自我之前提到的任何类别。从9岁的碟客,到用大批巧克力脆片曲奇走私稀有毒品的小老太太,再到兼职做高薪湿活工作的UCAS高级政客(不,我不会告诉你是谁,所以不要问),什么人都有。
引用
> 我曾和一个做过水管工的狂奔者一起工作。我也有一段时间和掮客合作,他最初是一位高端艺术品经销商。我在暗影界里待得越久,就越能意识到这一点——只要动机正确,任何人都可以站到法律的对立面。
> 阿克西斯·蒙迪(Axis Mundi)
> 有一种类型的人让你无法忘怀,因为那里有很多这样的人:肾上腺素上瘾者。这些男男女女在暗影中狂奔,只为寻求刺激,他们中的很多人都是疯子。如果你发现自己所在的团队中有这样的人,我的建议是尽快离开。他们可能擅长他们的工作,他们也可能完成任务,但你不能指望他们做你期望的事情。如果你计划有一天成为一个资深暗影狂奔者,那么你就会意识到和一个喜欢整场任务都处于武装对抗状态的人在一个团队是极其不健康的。
> 2XL
> 楼上加一,虽然有一点那么碰巧:成瘾。不管是什么——毒品、BTL、酒精、赌博——背着负担的狂奔者总是会冒着在最坏的情况下做出错误决定的风险。他们可能会带着兴奋或醉意出现在工作中,或者他们可能最后欠了错误的人一笔钱,然后把你卖了。当然,也许在很长一段时间内,他们会过得很好,控制他们的嗜好,不让他们妨碍自己的事业。但我们都知道,这需要一段时间。我们所做的事业已经够危险的了,不要让你继续生活在某人成瘾的控制下。
> 尼芙琳(Nephrine)
劇透 -   :
Then there are the odd ones out. The shadows are full of them—people who fell into the life from completely unexpected places. Give me a little time to think and I can probably name you at least fifty different shadowrunner origin stories that didn’t come from any of the categories I already mentioned. Everything from the nine-year-old decker to the little old lady with the lucrative business smuggling rare drugs in batches of chocolate chip cookies to a top-level UCAS politician (no, I’m not going to tell you who, so don’t ask) who moonlit as a highly paid wetwork specialist.
> I once worked with a runner who used to be a plumber, of all things. I also had a fixer for a while who started out as a high-end art dealer. The longer I’ve been in the shadows, the more I realize that with the right motivation, anybody could end up on the wrong side of the law.
> Axis Mundi
> One type you can’t forget about because there are plenty of them out there: the adrenaline junkie. These boys and girls run the shadows for the sheer thrill, and a lot of them are batshit crazy. If you ever find yourself on a team with one, my advice is to get out as soon as you can. They might be good at what they do, and they might get the job done, but you can’t count on them to do what you expect. Being on a team with a guy who likes to take on entire roomfuls of armed opposition is never healthy if you plan to be an old shadowrunner someday.
> 2XL
> Same idea, though a bit more hit-and-miss as far as reliability goes: addicts. Doesn’t matter what it is—drugs, BTL, alcohol, gambling—a runner with a monkey on his back always carries the risk that he’s going to make a bad decision at the worst possible time. They might show up to the job high or drunk, or they might end up owing money to the wrong people and selling you out for the price of a fix. Sure, maybe they’ll be fine for a long time, managing their addictions and not letting them get in the way of biz. But as we all know it only takes one time. What we do is dangerous enough without leaving your continued existence at the mercy of somebody’s addiction.
> Nephrine
« 上次编辑: 2020-03-28, 周六 12:09:40 由 失语 »

离线 失语

• Hero
« 回帖 #2 于: 2020-03-25, 周三 13:31:02 »
我现在是个真正的男孩了I’M A REAL BOY NOW

让我们面对现实吧:现实就是千奇百怪,暗影也不例外。当然,有很多狂奔者都是完美的专业人士,他们在做自己的工作同时,并没有把讨厌的东西,比如个性,带到狂奔中来。他们做他们需要做的,击中他们所有的目标,当他们与你分离时,你几乎不记得他们。当然,这在暗影界绝非一件坏事。当你挑选你想要的队友的特质时,“能力”一词的排名要比“滑稽可爱”高千倍。但事实是,在我们这个行业中,有不少人饱受——正如曾经一部漂亮的老式平面电影中所说的那样——“可悲且过度的个性”之苦。所以去吧。我现在就把它打开。告诉我们一些你曾经合作过的,令人难忘的狂奔者。取悦我们。
引用
> 有一段时间我和某武士一起狂奔,他沉迷于非常可怕的双关语。我们甚至不能通过与约翰逊的会面来让他停止发出那三四句呻吟。我们都想杀了他,要不是他干得那么出色,他早就死了。
> 强制退出(Hard Exit)
> 我还在华盛顿时,我认识了一个机师,他对他的货车非常爱惜,他甚至不让你进去,除非你先擦干净你的脚。在车内不能吃喝,不能抽烟,什么都不做。有一次,我们从一个到处都是泥浆的狂奔地点跑出来,当时我以为他要哭了。
> 活塞(Pistons)
> 我认识一个从不伤害女性的家伙。不管她是公司女魔头,还是在他脸上挥舞HMG的三米高巨魔。只要是雌性,他就不会伤害。理想不错,但对他来说效果不太好。他被一个女警卫击飞了,在他拒绝向她开枪时。
> 荆棘(Thorn)
> 几年前,我的团队被雇来从一家南美公司挖走一位特别的研究员。一切都很顺利——除了研究人员失控,对我们的法师一见钟情。即使法师还没有确定这种感觉是相互的,那也足够糟糕的了。在整个归途中,我们不得不忍受这两个人。
> 涡轮兔(Turbo Bunny)
> 我以前认识一个洁癖萨满。说真的,这家伙戴着换气面罩,手套,所有东西,还用着灭菌术,就好像他们是按演员表付给他报酬似的。我们的一次狂奔把我们带进了芝加哥的下水道,结果他不得不离开了团队。他绊了一跤,脸朝下一头栽进了泥坑里,可怜的家伙,当时我以为他的脑袋要爆炸。他再也不是以前的他了。
> 发声器(Sounder)
劇透 -   :
Let’s face it: It really does take all kinds, and the shadows are no exception. Sure, there are plenty of runners who are consummate professionals, doing their job without bringing pesky things like personality into the operation. They do what they need to do, hit all their marks, and when they go on their way, you barely remember them. This isn’t a bad thing in the shadows, of course. When you’re picking qualities you want in teammates, “competence” ranks about a thousand times higher than “charmingly quirky.” But the fact is, there are quite a few folks in our biz who suffer from, as it was once called in a pretty wiz old flatscreen movie, “a deplorable excess of personality.” So go ahead. I’m gonna open it up now. Tell us about some of the more memorable runners you’ve worked with. Entertain us.
> For a while I ran with a sam who was addicted to really horrible puns. We couldn’t even get through the meet with a Johnson without him dropping three or four groaners. We all wanted to kill him, and we would have if he hadn’t been so damned good at his job.
> Hard Exit
> When I was in DeeCee, I knew a rigger who was so picky about his van that he wouldn’t even let you inside it unless you wiped your feet first. No food or drink, no smoking, nothing. The one time we came tearing out of a run site covered head to toe in mud and slime, I thought he was gonna cry.
> Pistons
> One guy I knew wouldn’t hurt a woman. It didn’t matter if she was a corp princess type or a three-meter troll waving an HMG in his face. If there was a female, he couldn’t hurt her. Nice ideals, but it didn’t work out too well for him. He got blown away by a female sec-guard when he refused to fire on her.
> Thorn
> Couple of years ago my team was hired to extract a particular researcher from a particular South American corporation. Everything went great—except that the researcher developed a raging love-at-first-sight crush on our mage. Which would have been bad enough even if the mage hadn’t decided that the feeling was mutual. We had to put up with the two of them all over each other the whole trip back.
> Turbo Bunny
> I used to know a germophobic shaman. Seriously, this guy wore a rebreather mask, gloves, the whole bit, and used the Sterilize spell like they were paying him by the casting. He ended up having to leave the team after one of our runs took us into the Chicago sewers. Thought the poor guy’s head would explode when he tripped and went face-first into the drek. He was never quite the same again.
> Sounder
« 上次编辑: 2020-03-27, 周五 09:59:06 由 失语 »

离线 失语

• Hero
« 回帖 #3 于: 2020-03-26, 周四 13:10:08 »
珍惜同行之人LOVE THE ONE YOU’RE WITH

我们都有过这样的经历,尤其是当我们初入暗影界的时候:除非你有幸和你信任的定期小队一起狂奔,否则有时你不得不和你不认识的人在一起起舞,甚至可能是意见不一致,或者干脆无法忍受的人起舞。也许是你的掮客或者是最近那位约翰逊先生组建了一个专家团队,无论如何你必须加入其中完成工作。也许你失去了你的一些亲友,不得不找新的伙计来代替他们。或者你只是和一群小丑一起狂奔,他们完成了工作,却像猫爪子一样在黑板上蹭来蹭去。这一切都是为了完成工作。
不管原因是什么,总有一些时候你不得不和你不喜欢的人打交道。所以每个人都拉好椅子,戴好头冠,准备好接受公牛叔叔魅力学校的第一节课吧,其名为“暗影狂奔者们和其他底层生活”。
劇透 -   :
We’ve all been there, especially back when we just started out in the shadows: Unless you’ve got the luxury of running with a regular team that you trust, sometimes you have to dance with somebody you don’t know, don’t see eye to eye with, or downright can’t stand. Maybe your fixer or your latest Mr. Johnson has put together a team with experts on whatever you have to do to get the job done. Maybe you lost one of your chummers and had to replace them with a new guy. Or maybe you just run with a bunch of clowns who get the job done but who rub you like cat claws on a blackboard. It’s all about the job and getting it done.
Whatever the reason might be, there’ll be times when you have to deal with people you don’t like. So everybody pull up your chairs, put on your tiaras, and get ready for your first lesson from Uncle Bull’s Charm School for Shadowrunners and Other Lowlifes.

我愿意和你一起工作,但我不喜欢你I’LL WORK WITH YOU, BUT I DON’T LIKE YOU
永远要记得的第一件事就是:你是个专业人士。这就是真正的狂奔者和想要狂奔的人之间的区别。如果你希望以此为职业,并且得到一份好工作,你必须是约翰逊先生想雇用的那个人。对于任何一个有真正狂奔工作经验的人来说,你知道其中总有一个人是你不喜欢的。也许这种感觉很淡,或者也许他们只是因为你的存在而惹恼你。但不管怎样,你还是得和他们合作。你的团队不必成为你最好的朋友,但他们必须知道你会支援他们,而且不会因为他们烦你而对他们失去耐心。
引用
> 有时这可能比其他情况更麻烦,特别是在不熟悉的团队中。要是在某个秘密公司实验室深处时被发现,而你那光彩夺目的新朋友李四在一有麻烦迹象时转身逃跑,还有比这更糟糕的吗。
> 2XL
劇透 -   :
First thing to remember, always: You’re a professional. That’s what separates the real runners from the wannabes. If you’ve got any hopes of making a career out of this and getting the good gigs, you need to be somebody that Mr. Johnson wants to hire. For any of you who’ve actually had real jobs, you know there’s always that one person you don’t like. Maybe it’s mild, or maybe they piss you off for just existing. But either way, you still have to work with them. Your team doesn’t have to become your best friends, but they do have to know you’ve got their backs and won’t flake out on them just because they bug you.
> Sometimes that can be harder than others, especially with unfamiliar teams. Ass-deep in some secret corporate lab is a lousy time to find out that your shiny new sammy buddy will cut and run at the first sign of trouble.
> 2XL

你能信任谁?WHO CAN YOU TRUST?
狂奔业是个危险的行当。给我找一个没被背叛过的狂奔者,我会告诉你,要么那家伙撒了谎,要么他就是个第一次干活的菜鸟。过了一段时间,如果你活得足够长,你就会开始形成一种第六感,知道什么时候你的工作将会失败,然后你就会做出相应的反应,确保你的屁股尽可能远离鳄鱼的免费亲吻。
但问题是,并非总是约翰逊先生在搞鬼。有时候是你自己团队中的成员。一个你可以信任的团队是珍贵的宝物,但这并不是自然而然就会发生的事情。如果你很聪明,你会意识到,你的团队每个成员在狂奔之外,都有他或她自己的私人日程安排。评估潜在团队成员时,你的工作就是决定谁的日程安排你可以处理,谁的日程安排你不能处理。如果你活得足够长,运气好一点,你可能会获得几个你可以信任的朋友。
引用
> 直到情况发生变化,他们陷入债务危机,或者有人给了他们一个无法拒绝的提议。信任是为傻瓜准备的。聪明的狂奔者知道,任何没有尝试过欺骗他们的人只是都还没有得到正确的机会。
> 霾(Haze)
> 该死,这对我来说也太讽刺了。但是这说明了一些问题。
> 无耻政客(Snopes)
> 这不是火箭理学,兄弟们。这一切都要基于观测报告,变得聪明,注意你周围发生的事情——作为暗影狂奔者,难道不是首先确保一切能让你活下去的东西吗?除非你对社交完全一无所知,否则关注你的队友并不难(不仅仅是那些新伙计;正如霾所说的,情况随时都在变化,如果条件合适,你认为是你密友的那个人可能会立马背叛你。)观察他们古怪的行为,无法解释的缺席,以及“有些事情不对劲”的感觉。最重要的是,相信你的直觉。如果你觉得有什么不对劲,就去检查一下。当然,如果结果证明你是错的,你可能看起来像个傻瓜,但如果结果证明你是对的,而你没有检查,看起来像个傻瓜总比死了好。我可以保证,如果你的亲友在这种业务上很在行,她也会检查你。
> K街偶客(Kay St. Irregular)
劇透 -   :
Running’s dangerous biz. Show me a runner who hasn’t been double-crossed at least once and I’ll show you a liar, or a newbie in his first rodeo. After a time, if you live long enough, you start developing a kind of sixth sense for when the job’s going to go south on you, and you react accordingly to make sure your ass stays as alligator-free as possible.
The thing is, though, it’s not always Mr. Johnson doing the screwing. Sometimes it’s your own team members. A team you can trust is worth its weight in gold, but it’s not something that just happens. If you’re smart, you’ll assume that every member of your team has his or her own private agenda in addition to whatever the run is. Your job when evaluating potential team members is to decide whose agendas you can deal with, and whose you can’t. If you stay alive long enough and have a little luck, you might just end up with a few chummers you can trust.
> Until the situation changes and they get into debt, or somebody makes them an offer they can’t refuse. Trust is for suckers. Smart runners know that anybody who hasn’t tried to screw them over just hasn’t been presented with the right opportunity yet.
> Haze
> Drek, that’s cynical even for me. And that’s saying something.
> Snopes
> It’s not rocket science, people. It’s all about observation, being smart, and paying attention to what’s going on around you—you know, all the things that keep you alive as a shadowrunner in the first place? Unless you’re completely socially oblivious, it’s not that difficult to keep an eye on your teammates (and not just the new ones, either; like Haze said, situations change all the time, and the guy you thought was your best chummer can turn on you in a heartbeat given the right inducements). Watch them for odd behavior, unexplained absences, and just a general sense of “something ain’t right.” And above all, trust your gut. If you think something’s wrong, check it out. Sure, you might look like an ass if it turns out you were wrong, but looking like an ass is better than being dead if it turns out you were right and you didn’t check. I can guarantee that if your chummer is any good at the biz, she’s checking up on you too.
> Kay St. Irregular

离线 失语

• Hero
« 回帖 #4 于: 2020-03-26, 周四 14:57:42 »
游戏信息GAME INFORMATION

一些暗影狂奔的GM在设计他们的战役时,喜欢让所有的玩家合作,组成一个很好的团队,分享一段历史,并且有理由一起行动。这可以组成一些伟大的团队,并毫无疑问地让GM更容易想出适合他们的狂奔方式。例如,如果团队中的每个人都是前苏族的野猫成员,因为他们的部队被诬陷冒犯了高级军官,那么投机的想法就会马上浮现出来。
然而,玩家就是玩家,他们通常对自己想要玩什么样的暗影狂奔者有自己的想法,他们不一定是团队其他成员的完美搭档。这种方法使得最初整合团队变得更加困难,但是,只要没有人做得太过火,它也可以因为各种背景、个性和动机被扔进了搅拌机,并且必须学会一起工作,而产生很多意想不到的乐趣。
当然,GM也需要关注他们自己是否能组建一个平衡兼具能力与智慧的小队。虽然你当然可以用两个法师、三个机师和一个出面人的队伍进行一次愉快的游戏,但促使玩家保证他们的的能力足够多样化以便应对大多数挑战并且不会互相打扰通常是个好主意。
不过,这不是本节的内容。暗影狂奔张是一款角色扮演类游戏,并且如果GM和玩家都努力充实自己的团队,那么几乎可以肯定会为每个人创造出更有趣、更令人难忘的游戏。想要了解更多关于如何与你的玩家一起设计每个人都喜欢的游戏的技巧,请看核心规则书332页。
劇透 -   :
Some Shadowrun gamemasters, when setting up their campaigns, like to have all the players collaborate and come up with a team that fits well together, shares a history, and has a reason for being together. This can produce some great teams, and undoubtedly makes it easier for the gamemaster to come up with suitable runs for them. If everybody on the team, for example, is a former Sioux Wildcat on the run because their unit is being framed for a superior officer’s screwup, then adventure ideas immediately suggest themselves.
However, players being what they are, they usually have their own ideas about what kind of shadowrunners they want to play, and they won’t necessarily be a perfect match for the rest of the team. This method makes it harder to integrate the group initially, but as long as nobody goes too far overboard, it can also produce a lot of unexpected fun as the various backgrounds, personalities, and motivations get tossed in a blender and have to learn to work together. After all, the world around them is trying to kill them—life will get a lot rougher for them if they’re trying to kill each other, too.
Naturally, gamemasters will want to concern themselves with getting a balanced team, abilities-wise. While it’s certainly possible to have an enjoyable game with a team consisting of two mages, three riggers, and a face, it’s usually a good idea to nudge players in the direction of making sure their characters’ abilities are diverse enough that they can handle most challenges and won’t feel like they’re stepping on each other’s toes.
That isn’t what this section is about, though. Shadowrun is a roleplaying game, and if both gamemasters and players make an effort to flesh out the team, it will almost certainly result in a game that’s more fun and memorable for everybody. For more tips on working with your players and designing a game that everyone will enjoy, see p. 332, SR5.

背景与动机:是什么让李四狂奔的?BACKGROUNDS AND MOTIVATIONS: WHAT MAKES JOHNNY RUN?
暗影狂奔者来自各个背景和各行各业。穷困潦倒的街头小子加入了帮派,开始为当地的三合会做一些低级的杂事,前高级公司人或军事专业人士因为一些个人原因退出了(或被迫退出)这个利润丰厚的职业。有些是罪犯,而另外一些则陷入到暗影的生活中,只是因为他们在逃避什么。有些人是为了追求刺激(碟客通常是这类人,他们渴望用自己的技术和硬件与最优秀的存在竞争),有些是为了钱,还有一些是因为他们别无选择:要么在暗影中狂奔,要么在一个没有更多位置能容纳他们的社会的冷漠车轮下结束。
当你的玩家在创建他们的角色时,最好能够让他们了解你所计划的战役类型,或与他们讨论并共同决定。花几个小时设计完美的超企阴谋变色龙,结果却发现游戏将是90%的射爆和10%的角色扮演,这一点都不好玩(或者正好相反,为主要集中在提尔纳诺政治活动的战役创建一个兽人战斗怪物)。
劇透 -   :
Shadowrunners come from every background and all walks of life. For every dirt-poor street kid who joined a gang and started doing low-level errands for the local Triad, there’s a high-level ex-corper or military professional who stepped out (or was forced out) of a lucrative career for some personal reason. Some are criminals, while others fell into the shadowrunning life because they were running away from something. Some run for the thrill (deckers are often this type, eager to pit their skills and their hardware against the best of the best), some for the money, and some because they have no other choice: It’s either run the shadows or end up ground under the uncaring wheels of a society that has no other place for them.
When your players are creating their characters, it’s usually good to give them an idea of the sort of campaign you’re planning to run, or discuss it with them and collaboratively decide. It’s no fun to spend hours designing the perfect corporate-intrigue chameleon, only to find out that the game will be ninety percent hackand-slash and ten percent roleplaying (or, conversely, to create an ork combat monster for a campaign that’s primarily focused on Tír Tairngire politics).

制作“真正”的狂奔者:AK-97超越MAKING ‘REAL’ RUNNERS: BEYOND THE AK-97
如果你曾玩过TRPG一段时间,你肯定和这些人一起玩过一次:没有想象力的男孩或女孩。你知道的,就那个家伙,就当被要求描述他的角色时,他回答说,“他有一把AK-97”的家伙。或者是那个女孩,把所有都市幻想电视剧的女主角串起来,还想让你把她的吸血鬼男友变成NPC的女孩。如果这是你的团队喜欢的游戏方式,那么这一切也没有啥错。我们庄严的暗影狂奔总部(那里真有这个总部——你可以找个时间去看看,但是相信我:离那扇锁着的绿门远点)并不是在教你如何去玩你的游戏。但是如果你和你的玩家想要一些额外的东西来让你的角色发光,你就需要考虑是什么让他们与众不同。
想想你最喜欢的书、电影或电视节目中的主角。她是完美的吗?当然,她可能是地球上有史以来最大的坏蛋,但是是什么让她与众不同呢?是什么让她脱颖而出,让你想为她声援?从不与任何事情作斗争的完美角色是令人厌烦的。但如果你给予你的战斗暴龙大坏蛋一个铁汉柔情,让他对小狗没有抵抗力,让他惧怕蜘蛛,或者给予他在团队造访的任何一个新城市寻找完美的意大利辣香肠披萨的冲动,突然间这个角色就鲜活了起来。也许你的王牌法术萨满有一位年迈母亲,老母亲总是在不恰当的时候给她打电话,或者她对队伍中的武士暗藏情愫,或者她真的很喜欢老式的斯堪的纳维亚死亡金属,而不在乎它会让队伍里的其他人耳朵流血。当你和你的团队在6个月后坐下来讨论你们的最佳狂奔时,你会记住什么?AK-97?还是队伍里的精灵超链差点害死了整个团队那次,因为在目标矩阵系统寻找信息时,他在和他那迷人的AI调情?
这里没啥新东西可说的:暗影狂奔是一款合作游戏。这游戏的核心,玩家的工作就是创造一群角色来体验这个世界,而GM的工作就是成为他们所体验的世界。有些团队喜欢GM事无巨细地管理狂奔的各个方面,让玩家根据线索从A点到达B点,直到列车最终伴随轰鸣推向高潮,并在业力大奖前停下。其他团队则更加自由,玩家和GM一起合作创造世界,让故事朝着任何方向发展。尽管GM可能是这个世界发生的一切事情的最终权威,但最棒的游戏是从世界、NPC和玩家角色之间的互动中有机成长起来的。玩家越努力让角色令人难忘,GM就越容易为玩家创造难忘的故事。
劇透 -   :
If you’ve played tabletop RPGs for any length of time at all, you’ve played with at least one of these: the guy or girl with no imagination. You know, the dude who, when asked to describe his character, answers, “He has an AK-97.” Or the girl who files the serial numbers off the latest hotshot urban-fantasy heroine and wants you to make up her vampire boyfriend as an NPC. There’s nothing wrong with any of this if it’s the way your group likes to play. We here at Stately Shadowrun HQ (there really is one—ask for a tour sometime, but trust me: stay away from that locked green door) aren’t trying to tell you how to play your game. But if you and your players want a little extra something to make your characters shine, you need to think about what makes them individuals.
Think of the main character in your favorite book or movie or TV show. Is she perfect? Sure, she might be the biggest badass who ever walked the earth, but what makes her unique? What makes her stand out, and makes you want to root for her? Perfect characters who never struggle with anything are boring. But if you take your badass combat monster and give him a soft spot for puppies, a fear of spiders, or a compulsion to track down the perfect pepperoni pizza in any new town the team visits, suddenly he starts to come alive. Maybe your ace spellslinging shaman has an elderly mother who’s constantly calling her at inopportune times, or she’s harboring a secret crush on the team’s sam, or she really likes old-style Scandinavian death metal and doesn’t care that it makes the rest of the team’s ears bleed. When you and your group sit down in six months to tell war stories about your best runs, what are you going to remember? The AK-97, or that time the team’s elf technomancer nearly got the whole group killed because he had to chat with the charming AI he found in the target’s Matrix system?
Not saying anything new here: Shadowrun is a cooperative game. At the core, it’s the players’ job to come up with a group of characters to experience the world, and it’s the gamemaster’s job to be the world they experience. Some groups like it when the gamemaster micromanages every aspect of the run, with the players following clues to get them from point A to point B until the train finally thunders into the climax and coasts to a stop at the Karma awards. Other groups are more freeform, with the players and the gamemaster collaboratively building the world as they go, letting the story flow in whatever direction it seems to be heading. While the gamemaster may be the ultimate authority on what happens in the world, the best games grow organically from the interaction between the world, the NPCs, and the player characters. The more effort players put into making their characters memorable, the easier it will be for the gamemaster to create memorable stories for them to play in.
« 上次编辑: 2020-03-27, 周五 09:58:41 由 失语 »

离线 失语

• Hero
« 回帖 #5 于: 2020-03-27, 周五 10:38:10 »
引用
边栏:粉莫霍克VS黑风衣PINK MOHAWK VS. BLACK TRENCHCOAT
你可能听说过在暗影狂奔玩家中流传的这些术语:“哦,我怀念20世纪50年代的粉红莫霍克风格!”或“她的游戏很有趣,但有时对我来说太黑风衣了。”然而他们的意思是什么,他们与你的游戏有什么关系?
简单地说,它们是两种不同的游戏风格。在其他游戏中,它们可能被称为“电影化”和“写实化”,或“色彩艳丽”和“黑暗血腥”。粉红莫霍克类型的游戏更强调风格而非写实,比如主角在空中飞舞的宏大而夸张的战斗,并且只要骰出成功的骰子,狂奔者可以执行在现实世界(甚至是暗影世界的现实)技术上不可能完成的动作。角色往往风格冗长,在战斗中会说很多俏皮话,而且会冒更大的风险,因为他们知道英雄(几乎)总是能活到最后,即使他们赢不了。这个称呼来自游戏早期版本中流行的艺术风格,许多典型的角色比现代角色显得更“强大”,但更缺乏写实主义。在游戏世界中,这种变化很容易被归结为社会的根本变化:2050年的情况与2075年有所不同,就像它们从1960年到2010年一样。
黑风衣游戏风格更注重于硬核的写实主义。子弹和魔法的杀伤力要大得多,世界对错误的容忍度也要低得多,团队往往会花更多的时间来计划他们的狂奔,并小心地渗透到他们的目标中,而不是在枪林弹雨中突围。在黑风衣游戏风格中,你更容易看到阴谋、背刺和叛卖;玩家角色生性多疑且很少给予其他人信任,甚至他们自己的队友也可能在追求使他们彼此不和的目标。黑色风衣游戏也可能涉及世界的一些黑暗方面,如酷刑、极端暴力和性主题。
那么哪个更好呢?这个问题没有正确答案。暗影狂奔可以在任意风格(或二者结合)下畅玩;这只是一个GM和玩家们一起找出每个人想要的风格的问题。战役可以是一个完全不现实的、高度电影化的世界中运行,在这个世界中,PC单枪匹马地对付军队,并最终取得胜利,也可以设置成黑暗残酷无情的世界,每个人都清楚手头需要有一个备用的角色,当现存的那个不可避免地被以可怕的方式杀死。两者都可以是有趣的,也都可以是令人满意的,只要每个人都能达成共识,知道该期待什么。
劇透 -   :
You might have heard these terms tossed around among Shadowrun players: “Oh, I miss the old Pink Mohawk–style of the 2050s!” or “Her game is a lot of fun but sometimes it gets a little too Black Trenchcoat for me.” But what do they mean, and what do they have to do with your game?
Simply put, they’re two different playstyles. In other games they might be called “cinematic” and “realistic,” or “four-color” and “grim ‘n’ gritty.” Pink Mohawk-style games emphasize style over realism, allowing for things like big, bombastic battles where the lead flies thick in the air and with the right dice rolls runners can perform actions that might not be technically possible in the real world (or even the reality of the Shadowrun world). Characters tend to be long on style, make a lot of wisecracks during combat, and take a lot more risks because they know that the heroes (almost) always survive in the end, even if they don’t win. The name comes from the art style prevalent in the earliest editions of the game, where many of the archetypical characters had a “bigger” but less realistic style than more modern characters. In the game world, the change could easily be chalked up to fundamental shifts in society: things were different in 2050 than they are in 2075, just as they changed from the 1960s to the 2010s.
Black Trenchcoat games focus more on gritty realism. Bullets and magic are much more deadly, the world is less forgiving of mistakes, and teams tend to spend a lot more time planning their runs and carefully infiltrating their targets instead of busting in with guns blazing. You’re much more likely to see intrigue, backstabbing, and double-crossing in a Black Trenchcoat game; player characters are suspicious and bestow their trust rarely, and even their own teammates might be pursuing agendas that put them at odds with each other. Black Trenchcoat games might also get into some of the darker aspects of the world, like torture, extreme violence, and sexual themes.
So which one is better? There’s no right answer for that. Shadowrun works equally well in either style (or some combination of the two); it’s just a matter of the gamemaster getting together with the players to figure out which style everybody wants to go with. Campaigns can run the gamut from a completely unrealistic, high-cinema world where the PCs take on armies singlehandedly and come out on top, to settings so dark and grim that everybody knows to have a spare character on hand for when the existing one is inevitably killed in some gruesome way. Both can be fun, and both can be satisfying, as long as everybody agrees on the boundaries and knows what to expect.

引用
边栏:积怨与竞争GRUDGES AND RIVALRIES
有一件事可以让战役变得具有沉浸感,那就是密切关注PC与其他人之间的潜在摩擦——不管是NPC还是其他PC。这些紧张关系不需要立即采取行动,也不需要成为战役的聚光点——有时候让它们慢慢酝酿发酵会更好。玩家们可能会放松警惕而陷入自满,结果在一个意想不到的时刻,对手给予了他们一个陷阱。例如,假设一个团队完成了一场艰苦的狂奔,他们在那个秘密公司设施里遇到了一个无情的安全主管。也许他们中的一个伤到了他,或者他只是因为PC打败了他而生气。不管怎样,他都会记下。就像PC在整个战役中进化一样,重要的NPC也在进化(或者至少他们应该进化)。如果安全主管特别有报复心,他可能会想办法让PC的日子更难过——尤其是在他得到了几次晋升,获得了更多资源之后。你的玩家可能根本不记得他……但他记得他们。
其次是PC之间的竞争。这些不能被强迫——它们必须从每个角色的个性中自然地成长,并且当他们这么如此这般时将是一件美好事物。但如果其中已经开始形成——例如,GM注意到团队的碟客对武士坚持不让任何敌人存活感到越来越恼火,或者萨满和法师开始一场友好的竞争,看谁更擅长魔法,或者两位PC变成了同一NPC的情敌——这是一个让事件升级并在游戏中创造有趣故事情节的机会。理想情况下,这些竞争会给角色更深层次的发展提供机会,也会给所有参与者带来更多的乐趣。
劇透 -   :
Something that can make a campaign deeper is keeping an eye out for any potential friction between the PCs and other people—whether they be NPCs or other PCs. Those tensions don’t need to be acted on immediately or made the focus of the campaign—sometimes it’s better to let them simmer. The players may be lulled into complacency, only to have a rival spring a trap on them at an unexpected moment. Suppose, for example, that a team finishes a hard-fought run where they come up against a ruthless security chief at a secret corporate installation. Maybe one of them wounds him, or maybe he’s simply pissed because the PCs managed to best him. Either way, he’s going to remember them. Just like PCs evolve throughout a campaign, so do important NPCs (or at least they should). If the security chief is particularly vindictive, he might look for ways to make the PCs’ lives more difficult—especially after he’s gotten a couple of promotions under his belt and has accessed more resources. Your players might not even remember him … but he remembers them.
Then there are the rivalries between PCs. These can’t be forced—they have to grow naturally from the personalities of the individual characters, and it’s a beautiful thing when they do. But if one does begin to form—for example, if the gamemaster notices that the team’s decker is becoming increasingly annoyed at the sam’s insistence that no enemy is left alive, or the shaman and the mage begin a friendly rivalry to see who’s better at magic, or two PCs become romantic rivals for the same NPC—that’s an opportunity to step things up and build interesting storylines into the game. Ideally, these rivalries will give the chance for deeper character development—and more fun for all involved.

引用
边栏:与孤狼打交道DEALING WITH LONE WOLVES
文学、电视和电影中都充斥着“孤狼”的形象,这些角色性情乖戾、反社会、不合群。他们往往能做到最好,但他们独自行动——通常是因为没有其他人能忍受呆在他们身边。如果他们和一个团队一起工作,他们要么是领导者(所以没人能给他们下达命令),要么就是特立独行的人,总是跑去做自己的事情,但总是成功地完成任务,最后取得胜利。
团队可能会遇到想要扮演这种角色的玩家,因为——让我们面对现实吧——他们真的很酷。他们也可以很好地适应暗影狂奔模式。问题在于,对于进行孤狼游戏的玩家而言这很有趣,但对于其他不得不忍受这一模式的人来说,就不那么有趣了。并且如果你的团队成员都想玩孤狼,但愿<在此填写你喜欢的神明>能够助你一臂之力!有见过牧羊犬在试图放牧一群小猫时脑子突然崩溃吗?在带一群孤狼的GM最终会无比羡慕这批牧羊犬。
为了避免“独狼综合症”,团队可以有几种选择。最简单的方法就是简单地告诉他们,“对不起,你的武士不能忍受和其他人在一起,并且坚持自己一个人狂奔,所以他不适合这个游戏的”,然后给他们进行工作,形成一个在团队环境中更有效的概念。更好且不那么专制的做法是去迎合玩家的天性并说:“让我们考虑一下。如果他一接近其他队员就发狂并开始射击,那么我们该怎么和他合作呢?”如果归结到这一点(你不需要担心在游戏期间会发生一些困难),你可以让他扮演这个角色,顺其自然。他很快就会意识到,扮演“我想独处”先生,并不是当其他玩家都去看电视的时候,他却霸占所有的荧屏时间,而是当整个团队都在狂奔时,他在自己的床上辗转反侧。“嘿,我们邀请你一起来的,老朋友,但是你不能忍受和我们在一起,所以……”
劇透 -   :
Literature, TV, and movies are full of “lone wolves,” characters who are disagreeable, antisocial, and don’t play well with others. They’re the best at what they do, but they do it alone—usually because nobody else can stand to be around them. If they work with a team, they’re either the leader (so nobody can give them orders) or they’re the maverick who’s always running off to do their own thing but always manages to come through and succeed in the end.
Groups may encounter players who want to play this kind of character, because—let’s face it—they’re cool. They can also fit in very well with the Shadowrun paradigm. The problem is that they’re fun for the person playing them, but not so much for the other players in the group who have to put up with them. And <fill in your favorite deity> help you if you get a whole group of people wanting to play lone wolves! Ever watch a sheepdog’s brain implode as he tries to herd a group of kittens? The gamemaster will end up envying that sheepdog.
Groups have several options for avoiding “lone wolf syndrome.” The easiest one is to simply tell them, “Sorry, but your samurai who can’t stand being around other people and insists on doing all his runs alone won’t fit in with this game,” then work with them to develop a concept that works better in a group context. Better, and less authoritarian, would be to appeal to your player’s better nature and say, “Let’s think about that for a minute. How are we going to work Hateboy in with the other team members if he freaks out and starts shooting whenever he gets near them?” If it comes down to it (and you aren’t worried about having some tough game sessions), you can always just let him play the character and let nature take its course. He’ll realize soon enough that playing Mr. “I Vant to be Alone” doesn’t mean that he gets to hog all the screen time while the other players go off and watch TV, but rather that he spends a lot of time seething in his doss while the team goes out on the run. “Hey, we invited you along, chummer, but you can’t stand being around us, so …”
« 上次编辑: 2020-03-27, 周五 10:43:25 由 失语 »