作者 主题: 【DT】真骇客、鲁客和泥球 TRUE HACKERS, LUSERS & DIRTBALLS P26-43  (阅读 9935 次)

副标题: 译者:妖猫 已完成

离线 妖猫

• Hero
  • 帖子数: 635
  • 苹果币: 3
真骇客、鲁客和泥球
TRUE HACKERS, LUSERS & DIRTBALLS

引用
骇客俚语 HACKER SLANG
译注:本边栏在P29,但由于标题涉及,故放在最前面
我们都知道操着行话有多重要,可以显得自己很上道,知道自己在讲的是什么。以下是一些在说到骇客的时候你该知道的术语。记得别到处滥用俚语——没有比这更让你显得蠢的了,哦有,那就是还用错了。同时,注意这只是大量俚语中的一小部分。在过去的一个世纪里,我们有充足的时间来充实这些切口。
剧透 -   :
We all know the importance of slinging the lingo to show you belong and you know what you’re talking about. Here are a few terms to know when you’re talking to hackers. Just remember not to sling them around with abandon—nothing makes you look more like a noob than overusing slang, or worse, using it wrong. Also, note this is only a small sample of the vast amounts of slang out there. Over the past century, we’ve had time to develop plenty of jargon.

垃圾 Bletcherous:adj. 审美上不吸引人,丑。基本只会用于代码或物体,而非人。
译注:Bletcherous是Blech+cherous,表达恶心的叹词加上文雅的形容词缀
功能蔓延症 Creeping Featuritis:n. 这种病会导致在一个软件上不断地添加功能,表面上进行升级让它更有用,但实际上只会让它更臃肿、累赘和低效。
剧透 -   :
Bletcherous: adj. Aesthetically unappealing, ugly. Almost always used for code or objects, not people.
Creeping Featuritis: n. The disease that causes feature after feature to be added to a piece of software, ostensibly improving it and making it more useful but in reality making it more bloated, cumbersome, and inefficient.
干净 Cuspy:adj. 指程序写得很好,运行流畅。这是很好的赞誉,但仍然没有优雅那么好。

泥球 Dirtball:n. 奋斗的小型边缘团体。
剧透 -   :
Dirtball: n. A small, struggling, outsider group.
Cuspy: adj. A program that is well-written and functions smoothly. Significant praise, but still not s good as elegant.
优雅 Elegant:adj. 强大、设计干净、高效。这是极高赞誉。

棒到疯 Insanely Great:adj. 有些东西太过优雅,甚至对你理性对待平淡现实的能力产生了威胁。
剧透 -   :
Insanely Great: adj. Something so wonderfully elegant it threatens your ability to deal rationally with pedestrian reality.
Elegant: adj. Powerful, cleanly designed, and efficient. Extremely high praise.
拼凑货/拼凑 Kluge:n. 或v. 快要散架的软件或硬件,仅仅是完全不同、组合很差的数个部分组成的摇摇欲坠的组合物。或者指制作这样设备的行为。

鲁客 Luser:n. 鲁瑟用户。对许多骇客来说,这指的是大多数非骇客。
剧透 -   :
Kluge: n. or v. A clumsy piece of software or hardware that is rickety, a teetering blend of disparate, poorly combined parts. Or the act of making such a piece of gear.
Luser: n. A user who is a loser. According to many hackers, what most non-hackers are.
驼峰式大小写 StudlyCaps:n. 也就是“StudlyCaps”里面那个“C”。多个术语杂糅而成的骇客用语中的常见特征。

真骇客 TrueHacker:n. 骇客模范——聪明、勤奋,追求优雅代码。
剧透 -   :
StudlyCaps: n. What the “C” in that word is. A popular feature of hacker words that are multiple terms smashed together.
TrueHacker: n. An exemplar of all that a hacker should be— clever, hard-working, dedicated to elegant code.
-z:该字母用以表明某些东西是非法散布的,或以原本创造者不喜欢的方式散布出去(例如软硬件warez、3D影像tridz、BTLz)。
剧透 -   :
z: The letter you use to indicate something distributed illegally or in the way the original creator doesn’t like (e.g., warez, tridz, BTLz)

Slamm-0!并不矮小,但兽人仍然像塔一样高耸在他面前。这其中的部分原因是Slamm-0!正坐在地板上,斜倚着实验室地下室的灰色墙壁,缠在只有他能看到的ARO里。他并没有进入VR,但还不如进去算了,因为外部世界占据了他的注意力。这就能解释兽人威风的架势——像是他一直试图吸引Slamm-0!的注意力,但徒劳无功。
“时间不多了,”兽人说道。
“也不少,如果你把时间看成无穷的话,” Slamm-0!并没有抬头。“无穷之物是无法被恰当地衡量其多少的。当然,也有人不把时间看作无穷的,而看到时空的决定性的起点与终点,而在这种情况下,时间即便不是无穷的,也绝对非常多。”

剧透 -   :
Slamm-0! wasn’t small, but the ork towered over him anyway. Some of that had to do with the fact that Slamm-0! was sitting on the floor, leaning against grey wall of a laboratory basement, embroiled in AROs only he could see. He wasn’t in full VR, but he might as well have been, because the outside world occupied the barest sliver of his attention. Which explained the ork’s imposing posture—it was likely that he had been trying to get Slamm-0!’s attention for some time, to no avail.
“Time’s not long,” the ork said,
“Not short, either, assuming you consider time as infinite,” Slamm-0! said without looking up. “Something that is infinite cannot properly be considered to have any sort of length. Of course, there are those who do not view time as infinite, but see definitive beginning and end points of space time, in which case time would not be infinite, and would in fact by very long indeed.”
“你2分钟之前就该干好活了。”
“我是干好了。但我并不喜欢那种方式。所以我在让它更好一些。”
“遵循计划时间表就是更好一些。”
Slamm-0!叹了口气。“艺术家或许难逃被庸人误解的命运,但这不意味着我们就要讨好他们。”
兽人正要开口,但Slamm-0!挥了挥手,清除掉了所有ARO。
“解决掉了,”他说,“这次是正确的方式。”
兽人摇了摇头走在前面,而Slamm-0!匆忙站了起来。
“你左边天花板上有个摄像头,”他说。“而另一个在走廊的另一边,离你大约5米。它们看不见你。或者至少计划上应该是这样的。”

剧透 -   :
“You were supposed to be done two minutes ago.”
“I was. But I didn’t like how I was done. So I’m getting done better.
“Keeping on schedule is better.”
Slamm-0! sighed. “It may be an artist’s lot to be misunderstood by philistines, but that don’t mean we need to cater to them.
The ork was about to speak again, but Slamm-0! waved his hands and cleared all the AROs.
“It’s done,” he said. “The right way.”
The ork shook his head and walked ahead while Slamm-0! scrambled to his feet.
兽人停下来盯着他:“计划不变。”
Slamm-0!摇了摇头:“不,计划还要更好!它们现在能看到我们,但它们不在乎!现在不需要由我抹除镜头,它们看到我们的脸,然后就在镜头捕捉到我们的同时,认出我们就是那些需要清除镜头的人!”
“对我来说似乎没什么区别,”说着,兽人沿着走廊前进。
“还记得我说过的关于庸人的话吗?你没有看到重点。如果我们消失,那我们就只是不存在。但如果它看见我们,然后自己清除掉我们,我们就仍然是系统里的一部分,好的意味上。我们能够设置特定的触发条件。我可以让摄像头在认出我之后,就打出一个ARO,上面写着‘嗨Slamm-0!’,而监控摄像头的人不会看见任何东西。”

剧透 -   :
“There’s a camera on the ceiling to your left,” he said.“And another one on the other side of the hall, about five meters away from you. They can’t see you. Or at least, that was supposed to be the plan.”
The ork stopped glared at him. “Still is the plan.”
Slamm-0! shook his head. “No, the plan is better! Because now they can see us, but they don’t care! Instead of me erasing the footage, they see our faces, and recognize that we’re people whose footage is to be erased at the moment it’s captured!”
“Doesn’t seem like much of a difference to me,” the ork said as he turned and continued down the hall.
“Remember that thing I said about philistines? You’re not seeing the big picture. If we’re just blanked out, we don’t exist. But if it sees us and erases us ourselves, we can still be part of the system, in a good way. We can set off certain triggers. I could make the camera, once it recognized me, put up an ARO that said ‘Hi Slamm-0!’And no one monitoring the camera would see a thing.”
兽人咕哝了一句什么。他们靠近了第二个摄像头,它就在一扇厚重的金属门前面,门上并没有任何看得见的把手。
“如果我很精于此道,与其于把它编程为对我说‘嗨’,我更会让它在系统里发送一条信息,在它看到我的同时,解锁这道门。”
兽人看了看门:“没变化。”
“当然没有!我又不会让它在我刚走进来的时候就打开门!我们走过走廊的时候,又不能让他一直大开着!但如果我让它等一个特定的姿势,同时还得穿着一件特定的衬衣呢?”
他解开了护甲背心的拉链,骄傲地把它拉开,露出里面的摇滚乐队T恤。
门发出笨重沉闷的声音,然后缓缓打开。
“这才是正确的办法,” Slamm-0!说道。

剧透 -   :
The ork grunted. They approached the second camera, which was in front of a heavy metal door with no visible knobs.
“Now, if I were good at this, instead of programming it to say ‘Hi’ to me, I could make it decide to send a message through the system to unlock this door for me once it saw me.”
The ork looked at the door. “Didn’t happen.”
“Of course it didn’t! I couldn’t have it opening the door as soon as I walked in! That would leave it gaping while we were walking the halls! But what if I told it to wait for a certain pose, while I was wearing a certain shirt?”
He unzipped his armor vest and pulled it open proudly to reveal the rock band t-shirt underneath.
The door clunked heavily then slowly opened.
“Now that’s doing it right,” Slamm-0! said.
« 上次编辑: 2018-07-20, 周五 10:55:03 由 妖猫 »

离线 妖猫

• Hero
魅力之源
THE SOURCE OF FASCINATION

发帖人:SLAMM-0!

别因我们漂亮而记恨我们。*
关于骇客,你必须知道的一件事就是,一般说来,世人对骇客文化的关注让我们感到印象深刻、困惑又恼怒。我们看到3D犯罪剧如何描绘我们,我们听见像是达尼埃尔·德·拉马尔这种砖了脑子(brickbrain)的人怎么说我们,我们听到人们讲述的故事里骇客冲进苏黎世轨道共同体银行,几秒内就把所有人的账户全部清零(当然,这从未发生过,不过这是个好故事),而我们的一部分觉得“没错,你们应该多说说我们,因为我们真他妈的太棒了,”但另一部分则觉得“你们错了,你们真是大错特错,天呐,你活这么久就没碰过通讯链吗?”,还有一部分觉得“你就不能闭嘴然后让我们安安静静做自己的事吗?”
最后一条就是人们为什么觉得我们都是些反社会份子和废物。但我们并不是,真的不是。我们只是觉得其他那些人很无聊,仅此而已。别把这看成什么私人恩怨。只是你们都把太多时间花在聊天上。然后闲坐着。聊天、闲坐。偶尔喝点什么。然后再张嘴说说。再闲坐着。

译注:来源可能是Don't hate me cause I'm beautiful,Keri Hilson - Pretty Girl Rock中的一句歌词。
剧透 -   :
Don’t hate us because we’re beautiful.
One of the things you have to understand about hackers is we’re bemused, impressed, and irritated at the attention hacker culture gets from the world at large. We see how we’re portrayed on trid crime shows, we listen to brickbrains like Danielle de la Mar talk about us, and we hear people tell stories about hackers who swept in and zeroed out everyone’s accounts at Zurich-Orbital Gemeinschaft bank in seconds (never happened, of course, but it makes a good story), and part of us is like, “Yeah, you should be talking about us, because we’re fuckin’ awesome,” but then another part of us is all “You are so wrong, you are so wrong, hell, have you even touched a commlink in your life?” and then another part of us is like “Can’t you all just shut up and leave us alone in peace?”
That last one is the reason people think we’re all anti- social and crap. But we’re not, not really. We just find the rest of you boring, is all. Don’t take this personally. It’s just that you all spend a lot of time talking. And sitting. And talking and sitting. And drinking some. Then talking some more. And sitting.
说清楚一点,我没有在反对聊天、闲坐着还有喝酒,而且我也经常参与这三项活动。但我可以在做其他事情的时候同时做这些事,而如果我在做别的事,我就可以聊聊这些事,而不是为聊而聊——这才是人们真的让我们受不了的地方。聊聊做的事情要有意思得多,而实际做这些事就更棒了。我们喜欢我们做的事,我们觉得这真是奇了,我们完全投入其中。所以在你开始谈起我们的时候,我们就明白了。这些活真是太酷了!所有人都应该试一试!但你就一直讲啊讲啊,有时候还会讲到无聊的地方,像是谁在耍手段为新公司筹款,或是新的什么什么的政治含义。我们不在乎。我们只想干活做事。所以这时候我们就会生气,感到厌烦,希望你能留我们静一静。人们把我们看成浮躁、易变的人,但我们并不是。我们对于你谈论我们并无意见,只是你更多地得集中在那些有趣的地方,而不是无聊的地方。够简单了,对吧?
好,让我们看看这些有趣的地方是什么。

剧透 -   :
To be clear, I have nothing against talking, sitting, and drinking, and I regularly engage in all three activities. But I can do those things while doing other things, and if I’m doing other things, then I can be talking about those things, instead of—and this is the thing people do that truly drives us insane—talking about talking. Talking about doing is way more interesting, and actually doing stuff is even better. We like the stuff we do, we think it’s wiz, and we’re totally into it. So when you start talking about us, we get it. This stuff is cool! Everyone should be getting off on it! But then you keep talking about it, and keep talking, and sometimes you get to the boring parts, like who’s jockeying to fund a new startup, or the political implications of a new blah blah blah. We don’t care. We just want to do stuff. So that’s when we get aggravated and annoyed, and we wish you would leave us alone. People see us as fickle or inconsistent, but we’re not. We’re okay with you talking about us when you focus on the interesting parts, not so much when you’re boring. Simple, right?
So let’s focus on just what these interesting parts are.

优雅和棒到疯 ELEGANT AND INSANELY GREAT

是时候该具体一点了。我提到过骇客喜欢干酷活——但什么样的活算酷,又是什么让它酷?答案就在下面。
剧透 -   :
It’s time to get specific. I mentioned that hackers like doing cool stuff—but what kind of stuff, and what makes it cool? I got your answers right here.

骇入是什么,又不是什么 WHAT HACKING IS AND ISN’T

有种观点是骇入就是闯入其他人的东西里。当然,我们的确这么干,但这只是一小部分。骇入是基于欲望,想要让事情成真,想要摆弄机器的核心构建模块,弄清楚它是如何运作的,找到办法让它运作得更好。“人们有着自己的电子设备”这一概念可以追溯到一个世纪之前的爱好者,他们坐在车库里,摆弄着原始电路和纸带上的程序,看看能发生什么。他们中的一些人最终成为了亿万富翁,但其他人仍然在游戏、在摆弄,因为这并不是为了想出下个震撼世界的新东西。这就是为了做酷事。
剧透 -   :
There’s a perception out there that hacking is all about breaking into other people’s stuff. Sure, that’s part of what we do, but only a small part. Hacking is the desire to make things happen, to tinker around with the essential building blocks of machinery, see how they work, and find ways to make them work better. This whole concept of people having their own electronic devices got traction a century ago with hobbyists, people who sat in garages and tinkered with primitive circuits and programs on paper tape to see what they could make happen. Some of them eventually became billionaires, but others of them just kept playing and tinkering, because it wasn’t about coming up with the next big thing. It was about doing cool stuff.

> 事实上,骇客圈的编年史上有许多做出非常酷的东西的人,只因为他们这么想。而看到它在消费者中现象级爆红,他们会慢慢退后,说“不”,然后回到自己的车库里。他们对经营生意没有兴趣。他们只想做他们喜欢的事。引用其中一位:“我不是企业家。我不是CEO。我只是个很宅的计算机程序员……如果我意外地做出受市场欢迎的东西,我很可能会立刻放弃它。”这是很常见的骇客思维。
> Glitch

译注:这段话出自Minecraft制作者Markus "Notch" Persson离开Mojang的声明,后者(连同MC)被微软收购。
剧透 -   :
> In fact, the annals of hackerdom contain a number of people who made something cool because they wanted to, watched it explode into a consumer phenomenon, then backed away slowly and said “Nah,” then returned to their garages. They had no interest in running a huge business. They just wanted to make things they liked. To quote one of these guys: “I’m not an entrepreneur. I’m not a CEO. I’m a nerdy computer programmer … If I ever accidentally make something that seems to gain traction, I’ll probably abandon it immediately.” That’s a pretty common hacker mindset.
> Glitch

历史上讲,所有我谈论的“酷事”都是关于你在矩阵中做的一切事情。通讯链的远古前辈个人电脑、电子网络、无线通讯、云文件结构、城域范围的数字通讯管理、ASIST技术*、力道全开的深层VR体验、增强现实——你领会到了吧?所有这些都是骇入,人们看着能够使用的工具,看着他们正做的事情,然后有了伟大的想法:“我能让它更好。”
译注:ASIST,全称Artificial Sensory Induction Systems Technology,人工感觉感应系统技术,诞生于2018年,能够记录、处理和反馈虚假感觉到大脑中,也就是拟感模块基于的技术。
如今,大多数骇客并不打算做那么被普遍使用的东西。而我们对此并无意见。我们想做出一些能让我们的生活染上色彩的东西,而如果其他人不用它,就更好了。对我个人来说,我能用自己做过的不同骇入写上满满几百页纸的字,但大多数都非常技术性,像是程序最佳化、编码让翻越网域更快一些,或是改进我的化身渲染,诸如此类。(这是我们有时候和你们相处不来的另一个原因。我想要和骇客朋友们聊聊高品质的光学回音廊微谐振器,我只需要插个话头。但对你们来说,我就得停下来,解释我在说什么,虽然这些都是相当基本的概念。我们就是对这类事情没有什么耐心。)
剧透 -   :
Historically speaking, the “cool stuff” I’m talking about touches everything you do on the Matrix. Commlinks’ ancient predecessor, the personal computer; electronic networking; wireless communication; cloudbased file structures; sprawl-wide digital traffic management; ASIST technology; full-on, deep-dive VR runs; augmented reality—you get the picture, right? All these things are hacks, where people looked at the tools that were available and what they were doing, and had that great thought: “I can make this better.”
Now, the vast majority of hackers is not going to make something that is universally adopted. And we’re fine with it. We want to make something that makes our life cooler, and if other people adopt it, that’s great. For my part, I could fill up hundreds of pages of text with different hacks I’ve made, but most of them are pretty technical, like program optimizations, or coding to make grid hopping faster, or optimization for my persona renderer, or things like that. (That’s another reason we sometimes have trouble with the rest of you. I want to talk about high-Q optical whispering-gallery microresonators with my fellow hackers, I can just plunge in. With the rest of you, I have to stop and explain what I’m talking about, even though it’s a fairly basic concept. We just don’t have a lot of patience for that sort of thing.)
但我来讲一讲我在家为小杰克*的如厕训练做的一个小东西。如果你曾经有过围着孩子转的时候,你就知道他们该拉屎了这件事并不怎么难发现。他们会蹲下来,脸憋红,诸如此类。问题是,他们有时候会躲起来,所以你并不总是能注意到他们这么做,而这对于快速带他们到厕所来说至关重要,因为这能让他们建立起正确的联系。我们已经在整个房子里放满了摄像头(包括在任何想闯进来的混蛋不会怀疑的地方设置的有线摄像头——明白吗?),所以我得到了小孩子几次这种情况的镜头,随后在家庭网络里编制了一个算法,让摄像头能盯着杰克。当他开始做出似乎表明紧要关头就要到来的动作时,它就会给我们发来警报。一开始的时候,准确率是73%;一些迭代次数让它涨到了坚如磐石的97%。所以这很棒。但随后我想,嘿,这仍然需要我去干活。仍然得起来,找到孩子,把他带去厕所。所以我告诉系统不要只给我发警报,也给杰克的舞步(Bust-a-Move)*无人机发些程序指令(他当然有舞步娃娃。我发誓它们一开始就是面向孩子的。),让它奏响克里斯蒂·戴伊(Christy Daee)的《绸缎阔步(Satin Strut)》朝厕所走去。他喜欢那娃娃,而且真的很喜欢那首歌,所以只要歌声响起,他就会跟过去。然后他到了厕所,我就会碰见他,事情就算完了。不久之后,我都不用露面——娃娃和孩子自己就能弄好这些事情了。
译注:小杰克是Slamm-0!和Netcat的孩子,的确是以传奇狂奔者快杰克的名字命名的(他老人家都80了);舞步(Bust-a-Move)是4版的无人机,有各种可爱的型号,还有为儿童专供的好朋友木偶(Best Friend Puppets)。
剧透 -   :
But let me tell you about one of the simple things I did at home for little Jack’s potty training. If you’ve ever been around a kid, you know they’re not exactly subtle about when it’s time to crap. They squat, they get red in the face, that sort of thing. Problem is, they also sometimes go and hide, so you don’t always notice them doing it, and it’s important to get them to the toilet quick so they make the right connections. We’ve got cameras all over the house (including wired ones in places that any asshole who might try to break in would never suspect— understand?), so I got footage of Junior doing his thing a few times, then I programmed an algorithm into the home net so that the cameras would keep an eye on Jack. When he started making motions that seemed to indicate crunch time was coming, it would send us an alert. When I started I had an accuracy rate of seventy-three percent; a few iterations got it to a rock-solid ninety-seven. So that was great. But then I thought, hey, this is still involving work from me. Still have to get up, track down the kid, and bring him to the john. So I told the system to not just alert me, but send some programming to Jack’s Bust-a-Move drone (of course he has a Bust-a-Move doll. I swear they issue them to kids at birth) telling it to play Christy Daae’s “Satin Strut” and walk toward the crapper. He loves the doll, and he really loves the song, so as soon as it plays, he follows that thing anywhere. So he gets to the john, and I’d meet him, and business would get done. Before long, I didn’t need to show up—the doll and the kid took care of things on their own.
> 我认识个人,在他家附近一百公里内都随时有全套的餐饮服务。食物会自动准备好,装载在无人机上,起飞,然后把食物带到他所在的地方。他说他每年因为不点外卖能省下两千多新円。
> Glitch
> 这真的很不错,但谈谈对干活有用的东西?这是我正在做的东西:我们都知道骇客有多喜欢从枪里弹弹夹出来;我正在设计一个程序,能够自动在任何无线弹出弹夹的人身上拍一个MARK。如果它来自合法来源,他们也不会在意我在他们身上拍了MARK,我之后就会删掉,不会造成伤害。但对敌人来说,这会是快速占领先机的好办法。我正在解决几个问题,但它做好了,我就会告诉你们的。
> Bull
> 人们会在它开始使用之后48小时内找出反制的办法。
> Glitch
> 那我就会有两天的快乐时光了。
> Bull

剧透 -   :
> I know a guy who has full food service anytime he’s within one hundred kilometers of his home. Food preparation is automated, drones load it up, fly it out, and bring it to wherever he is. He says he saves over two thousand nuyen a year since he doesn’t order takeout.
> Glitch
> This is all cute, but how about stuff that’s useful on the job? Here’s what I’m working on: We all know how fond hackers are of ejecting magazines from guns; I’m working on a program that will automatically slap a mark on anyone who wirelessly ejects a magazine. If it came from a legitimate source, fine, they won’t care I got a mark on them, I’ll delete it soon, no harm done. But for enemies, it’ll be a quick way to get a leg up on them. I’m working out a few kinks, but I’ll let you know when it’s ready.
> Bull
> People will have a counter to that within forty-eight hours of it getting into the wild.
> Glitch
> I’ll have a fun two days, then.
> Bull

骇入与闯入 HACKING AND BREAKING INTO THINGS

我已经说明了骇入并不只是闯进去做非法的事情,但这并不意味着它就和这些无关。当我们带着骇客普遍的好奇心和意愿闲逛,看到事物如何运作的时候,再结合上普遍的对社会和政治规则的漠视,我们就能明白为什么闯进不该去的地方会成为骇客活动的寻常部分。明白以后,这就像是无辜的寻乐活动。骇客在闯入并清除你整个应收账款数据库的时候,并不是故意要造成伤害的!他们只是实验看看他们能做什么!这咳,当然,完全是谎言。
剧透 -   :
I’ve established that hacking is not just about breaking into things and doing illicit things, but that doesn’t mean it’s not about those things. When we take hackers’ general curiosity and willingness to poke around and see how things work and combine it with a general disregard for societal and political rules, we can see how breaking into places they’re not supposed to be would become a normal part of a hacker’s activities. And if I left it that way, it would all seem like nice, innocent fun. Hackers didn’t mean any harm when they broke in and erased your entire accounts receivable database! They were just experimenting with what they could do! That would, of course, be a total lie.
就像骇客喜欢假装自己是个特殊社会,我们也会被和其他人相同的动力驱动。而其中两种——竞争心理和自我意识——在我们的非法利用中扮演着非常重要的角色。没错,有些孩子会告诉你她只是想闯进幽魂行者的通讯链,看看自己能不能做到,而这并不全错,但也并不全对。她可能想试试看能不能做到,但在这一理由背后的理由是要证明她的优越。那通讯链在最好的安保保护之下,只有大堆的钱才能买到,而如果她破解了,就意味着她打败了他们——“他们”指的是给安保编程的人。如果你击败了那样的人,你会有好一阵走路都更带劲(walk with a little extra pepper in your stride)。
这意味着许多时候我们并没有利用漏洞谋利——我们只是想展示我们有多厉害,在全球骇客排名里奠定自己的位置。这可能很不专业,但在每个好骇客心里都能找到。

剧透 -   :
As much as hackers like to pretend we’re a distinct society, we tend to be motivated by most of the same things that motivate the rest of you. And two of those things—competitiveness and ego—play a pretty large role in our illegal exploits. Yeah, some kid will tell you she just wanted to break into Ghostwalker’s commlink to see if she could do it, and that’s not entirely false, but it’s not entirely true either. She may have wanted to see if she could, but the reason behind that reason was to prove her superiority. That ’link is protected by the best security that obscenely large piles of money can buy, and if she cracks it, then she beat them—“them” being whoever programmed the security. You beat someone like that, you walk with a little extra pepper in your stride for a good long time.
That means that a lot of the time we’re not just out there exploring—we’re showing just how badass we are and establishing our place in the global hacker ranks. Which may be unofficial but are still tracked in the mind of every good hacker out there.

> 所以这里有骇客登顶过吗?
> Chainmaker
> 我们三个正管事的?没有。我们都有自己的烦心事或弱点。我脾气不好,Glitch有种讲究过头的完美主义感,而Slamm-0!有他天生的Slamm-0!性。但我们都只能在那个绝对是第一名的人的阴影之下。
> Bull
> 我想我或许应该排名更高些,不过我从来没遵循过其他人玩游戏的方式。
> Puck

剧透 -   :
> So have any of our local hackers ever hit the top of the list?
> Chainmaker
> The three of us who are in charge now? No. We all have our distractions or weaknesses. I’ve got a temper, Glitch has a sense of fussy perfectionism, and Slamm-0! has his innate Slamm-0!-ness. But we all stand in the shadow of the man who absolutely was number one.
> Bull
> I suppose I may rank higher, but I’ve never played the game the same as everyone else.
> Puck

对于和骇客一起工作的你们来说,你们需要一直、一直考虑到他们的自我意识。世上最有纪律的骇客也会在被人用错误方式激怒的时候,卷进一场幼稚的“撒尿比赛”。准备好要么忍受一点耽搁,要么拽住骇客让他们理智一点,好确保工作完成。
剧透 -   :
What this means for all of you who work with hackers is that you need to always, always take their ego into account. The most disciplined hacker in the world is still capable of getting pulled into a pissing contest with someone who crosses them in just the wrong way. Be ready to either put up with some delays or pull your hacker back to their senses to make sure the job gets done.

骇入不是什么 WHAT HACKING ISN’T

鉴于我的“骇客是什么”列得太宽,这一类别就很小了。你只在打开包装的时候用过电子设备?你完全没有欲望在图形操作系统的外壳底下戳戳碰碰,看看你用命令行能获得什么乐趣?那你就没有在骇。这也没什么。这就是为什么骇客要把大量的时间投入到你买的酷玩意上,这样如果你不想,也不用非得去折腾它们。
但这里还有一个要讨论的重点:骇入并不容易。首先,需要很多时间才能获得好的解决方案或程序。我很喜欢我的“杰克如厕训练”解决方案,但如果你问我究竟哪种会花费更多的时间和精力,是做整个编程还是只是盯着一眼孩子,确保他到厕所去,那我会回答说:“我不知道。”我编程的时候有更多乐趣,但这并不意味着它很高效。

剧透 -   :
Since my list of “what hacking is” is so broad, this category is pretty small. Are you using your electronic devices exactly as they were when they came out of the packaging? Do you have zero desire to poke under the shell of the graphical OS and see what fun you can have with command lines? Then you’re not hacking. And that’s okay. That’s why hackers put a lot of time into the cool things you buy, so that you don’t have to monkey around with them if you don’t want to.
But there’s one main thing to discuss here that hacking isn’t: easy. First, to get a really good solution or program takes time. I really love my Jack-potty-training solution, but if you asked me what would have taken more time and effort, programming the whole thing or just keeping an eye on the kid and making sure he made it to the john, and I’d have to respond with a solid “I don’t know.” I had more fun doing the programming, but that doesn’t mean it’s efficient.
骇入的破门而入部分从来不容易,但新矩阵让它变得更难了。在旧矩阵,你在人群中快速移动摇摆,试图用周围大规模的混乱和困惑让人无法寻找到你。在新矩阵,一切都被设计为让你凸显出来,而盯着虚拟街道的眼睛变得比以前更加仔细和娴熟。他们同样对如何打压冷酷无比——先警告的礼貌很大程度上已经成为过去。你必须聪明、精准,而且愿意保持移动,不让人瞄准你。这很有压力,但也意味着你得很快干好活,让你保持在整体小队任务的流程之中。这是一场急袭,把你的本事和胆量拿出来和其他设备、骇客和全视的GOD实时对抗,而子弹从你身旁飞过。容易?不。很棒?当然。如果你是我的话。
剧透 -   :
The breaking-and-entering part of hacking has never been easy, but the new Matrix has made it harder. In the old Matrix, you were bobbing and weaving in the crowds, trying to let the mass chaos and confusion of the surroundings overcome any efforts to find you. In the new Matrix, everything is designed to make you stick out, and the eyes on the virtual street are more attentive and skilled than ever. They also are ruthless about how they crack down—the polite first warning is largely a thing of the past. You have to be smart, precise, and willing to stay on the move to keep anyone from drawing a bead in you. That makes it stressful, but it also means your work can be done quickly, keeping you in the flow of your overall team mission. It’s a rush, pitting your skills and guts against other devices, hackers, and the all-seeing GOD in real time while bullets are flying around you. Easy? No. Awesome? Yeah. If you’re me.
> 或许不用说,但Slamm-0!代表着骇客文化中的重要一部分——自大。他之后可能会讲到这点。
> Bull

剧透 -   :
> It may not need to be said, but Slamm-0! embodies the swagger that is an important part of hacker culture. He’ll probably cover that later.
> Bull

骇得纯粹 THE PURITY OF THE HACK

对于真_骇客(TrueHackers)来说(把词合在一起,在词中间用驼峰式的大写字母对骇客来说超重要),做酷事很好,但这这并不是全部。骇入有审美价值,干净而简单的方案要比过于复杂和僵硬的方案更有美感。后者常常很有诱惑力,因为它可能会是最快的。我们举个例子,让一架载具和两架航空无人机在机师或别人的指挥最小的情况下协同工作。你有时候会看到载具和无人机间系统可以现成兼容的说法,但除非零件都来自于一家制造商,不然,这些说法都是在撒谎。系统是为常规用户而设的,他们会单独使用每架载具或无人机;而不是为我们这些知道协同合作益处的人而设的。你可以打开同步选项,但它们非常垃圾。
剧透 -   :
For TrueHackers (putting words together and using studly caps in the middle of words is a big hacker thing), doing cool stuff is nice, but it’s not the only thing. There is an aesthetic value to hacking, where solutions that are clean and simple are valued more than ones that are over complicated and awkward. This latter option is often tempting, because it can be the quickest. Let’s take the example of getting a vehicle and two airborne drones to work together with minimal input from the rigger or anyone else. You’ll sometimes see claims of out of the box compatibility between the systems of vehicles and drones, but unless the gear is all from the same manufacturer, those claims are usually a lie. The systems are built for conventional users, who are going to use each vehicle or drone in isolation, not for those of us who know the benefits of coordination. You can turn on their syncing options, but they’re hideously bletcherous.
你当然可以拼凑出快捷的方案。你可以在矩阵上找到补丁,至少能让这些东西明白彼此的语言。它们的通讯有些滞后,而基本上它们会对彼此说的就只有“我在这”,但最起码在说了。
拼凑是功能性修复中最低级的一种。它就像把一把你在垃圾里找到的废布头钉在一起,然后管它叫花篮。它很丑,它可能很脆弱。但它在一段时间内会有效的。

剧透 -   :
Now, you can always try to kluge together a quick solution. There are patches you can find sitting around the Matrix that will at least take steps to making the things understand each other’s language. There will be some lag in their communications, and pretty much the only thing they’ll be saying to each other is “here I am,” but at least they’re talking.
The kluge is the lowest form of functional fix. It’s like stapling together a bunch of fabric scraps you found in the garbage and calling it a blanket. It’s ugly, it may be fragile. But it’ll work for a time.
如果你想要比拼凑货更好的东西,你就想要干净。一个可行而干净的方案是使用控制载具的程序代码,复制然后重写,适应其他东西。如果你能做到,你就再也不需要补丁来翻译了。不仅它们都能理解彼此,而且还说着同一种语言,而它们基于的核心代码也是一样的。这就为这些载具如何互动提供了新的可能性。当它们处在自动驾驶状态时,它们的决策过程会很相似,所以能够更容易地预料到彼此的行动,就像双胞胎经常能预料到彼此行动一样。你现在有了一个更好、更流畅、更自由流动的网络了。你的方案很干净,但还算不上优雅。
剧透 -   :
If you want something better than a kluge, you want to be cuspy. A possible cuspy solution here would be to use the code for the programs controlling one vehicle, copy it, and re-write it for the other items. If you can pull that off, you don’t need a patch doing translation for you anymore. Not only is everything able to understand each other, but they’re all speaking the same language, and the code backbones they’re built around are the same. That gives you lots of possibilities for how these vehicles can interact. When they’re on autopilot, their decision- making process is going to be similar, so they can anticipate each other more easily, the same way twins can often anticipate each other’s actions. You have a better, smoother, more free-flowing network now. Your solution is good. But it is not yet elegant.

> 注意Slamm-0!说的这是提升网络的方案之一,而非唯一方案。骇入的一个伟大之处就在于有许多条通向基础目标的路途。在我们管理接入点的时候,Bull、Slamm-0!和我进行了许多安保升级,重做了一些网络标准,还进行了一些其他的保养工作。在所有这些任务中,他们都能想到我完全想不到的解决办法。其中一些比我做得要好;而也有一些在我看来,要更差。但它们都显示出不同的思维方式,而我觉得这很吸引人。
> Glitch
> 我知道这有些一概而论,但以我的经验,超链者对西拼东凑代码的容忍度要比碟客更低。我们并不只是使用代码;我们感受它,我们活在其中。如果它很乱,这就像住在养猪场旁边一样——很让人厌烦。
> Netcat

剧透 -   :
> Note that what Slamm-0! says about this being one solution for improving the network, not the only one. One of the great things about hacking is how many routes there are to the same basic destination. In our time leading JackPoint, Bull, Slamm-0!, and I have made a lot of security updates, re-worked some networking standards, and performed other maintenance tasks. In all these tasks, they have come up with ways of doing things that I would never have thought about. Some of them are better than what I have done; some of them, in my opinion, are worse. But they all reveal different ways of thinking that I find fascinating.
> Glitch
> I know this is a generalization, but in my experience technomancers are way less tolerant of kluge-y code than deckers. We don’t just use the code; we feel it, we live in it. When it’s messy, it’s like living next to a pig farm—it’s offensive and annoying.
> Netcat

这一方案的问题是它会有一些源代码具有的错误和怪异之处(这对骇客来说很常见而且很烦人,也是我们讨厌用别人设备的原因之一:它要么适合别人不适合我们,要么是用的是工厂规格的代码,救救我吧。太丑了)。如果你想要一个真正优雅的方案,你要么需要努力协调地清除错误,要么从头开始写新代码,这也是我更喜欢的方式。
剧透 -   :
The problem with this solution is that it’s going to have the same bugs and weirdnesses that the source code has (which is a frequent annoyance to hackers, and a reason we hate to use other people’s gear, because it’s either suited to them and not us, or because, heaven help us all, it uses factory-specification code. Blech). If you want a truly elegant solution, you either need to go through some concerted bug-squashing effort or write some new code from the ground up, which is my preferred approach.
> 这是真的。他从商店买了设备带回家的时候,从来不会让里面还留着它原本安装的代码。
> Netcat

剧透 -   :
> It’s true. He never buys any device that makes it from the store to our home with any original code still installed.
> Netcat

你从头开始设计的时候,你唯一的限制就只剩下想象力和技能。所以对我们中的一些人来说,对,没有限制。想要一些预先编程好的编排策略?做吧。想要它们立刻基于受到的伤害和伤害来源改变其相对位置?可以这么干。想要它们的回应和战术根据它们的成像软件在人群中辨认出的脸来调整?你当然应该这样!
当然,优雅并不只是堆砌功能。有许多设备都有功能蔓延症,在功能上再堆砌功能,直到变成一次做十件事的噩梦软件。重要的是你如何让这些功能协同运作,软件如何遵循其决策树等等。技术上说,并没有精确地描述优雅代码的方法——你得去体会它。但一旦你见到它之后(假设你知道该看什么)感受到它如何运作,你就知道了。

剧透 -   :
When you design from the ground up, you are only limited by your imagination and your skill. So for some of us, yeah, no limits. Want a bunch of pre-programmed choreographed maneuvers in there? Go for it. Want them to change their relative positions immediately based on any damage they have experienced and where it came from? You can do that. Want their responses and tactics to vary based on the faces their imaging software can pick out of a crowd? You totally should do that!
Of course, elegance is not just a matter of piling on features. There are plenty of devices out there with creeping featuritis, piling feature onto feature until you have some nightmare software that is trying to do ten thing sat once. The important thing is how you get these features to work together, how the software follows its decision tree, and so on. There’s no technically precise way to describe what elegant code is—you have to experience it. But once you see it (assuming you know what to look for) and feel how it moves through its operations, you know.
在审美金字塔的最顶端的是完美代码,还有许多漫长烦人的讨论,在那里吵完美代码是不是值得追求的目标。骇客文化中的很大一部分人认为过于追求完美会让事情根本做不了,而做到总比没有强。完美都知道拼凑货不好,但它们有效果,这比你能为待在某位骇客通讯链里的未完成的“完美代码”说的种种好话要重要得多。想出来的东西完美、精简、无错误、完全有效、适应性强,再加上随便什么你的想到的好词,这当然很好。但我们在一生中都没有见过这样的东西,我们也没有期望能见到。我们不想在追逐难以找到的完美这件事上花费太多气力——但我们想知道它确实存在,像是一个遥远的可能性。也许某天,以三倍浓度的豆咖和大量的妙脆嚼(Womp-Snappers)为燃料,在连续36小时的编码之后,你的意识会超越你的身体和肉体的界限,挣脱开基于肉界的思维方式的局限,就像天生能力一样理解代码,设计出完美而纯粹之物,让所有看到的人心生钦佩。
在那一瞬间到来之前,优雅就足够了。

剧透 -   :
At the very top of the aesthetic pyramid you have perfect code, as well as several long and annoying debates about whether perfect code is a desirable goal. There’s a pretty thick stream in hacker culture that says that worrying too much about perfection keeps things from happening, and having things happen is better than not. We all know kluges aren’t great, but they’re functional, which is more than you can say for the wouldbe perfect code sitting uncompiled on some hacker’s commlink. It would be great to come up with something perfect, something that is streamlined, bug-free, completely functional, adaptable, and whatever other nice words you want to come up with. But none of us have seen that in our lifetimes, and we don’t expect to. We don’t want to spend our wheels too much chasing after elusive perfection—but we want to know it’s out there, as a distant possibility. Maybe someday, fueled by triple- strength soykaf and a drekload of Womp-Snappers, after thirty-six straight hours of coding, your mind will transcend your body and its physical limits, shake off the limitations of our meatworld-based way of thinking, and understand the ways of code as if native to it, designing something of perfect and pure beauty that will leave all how gaze upon it gasping in admiration.
Until that moment, elegance will do.
« 上次编辑: 2018-07-19, 周四 17:51:48 由 妖猫 »

离线 妖猫

• Hero
骇客和所有其他人 HACKERS AND EVERYBODY ELSE

就像你从这篇开头了解到的那样,骇客并不总能和社会上的其他人相处愉快。主流社会对我们的一半恐惧一半惊叹并没有什么帮助,媒体上的那些荒谬的骇客描写就更不用说。比如说,据说他们认为我们用图像化用户界面(我在哪能找到显示我破解阿瑞斯原型数据库还要多久的进程条?)。而还有我之前在哪提过的小小一点——无意冒犯——你们实在太、太无聊了。你们老是说棒球多无聊,都快把我逼疯了,但这最起码还有规律——游戏中投球每15秒钟左右一次。可相反,在你们的闲聊里面,一句后面又是一句再是一句,绝对无事发生,15分钟的谈话、半小时的、更久的,都是这样。你们怎么会有耐心做这个,却没耐心看卡莱·巴森(Kale Barson)投出时速每小时160千米,把人吓出击球区,却突然左拐变成好球的外切快速球?我真是理解不了。但我跑题了。
为了帮助你应对生活中遇到的骇客(无论他们是在你家里还是在你队里),以下是一些你该知道的常见的骇客性格特点。

剧透 -   :
As you probably got from the beginning of this piece, hackers don’t always get along with the rest of society. The combined fear and awe mainstream society seems to hold us in doesn’t help much, and neither do the many ridiculous depictions of hackers in the media. Like the graphical user interfaces they apparently think we use (where can I get that progress bar that shows me how much longer until I’ve cracked Ares’ prototype database?). And then there’s that small matter I mentioned earlier where sometimes, no offense, you all are really, really boring. It makes me crazy how you people often say how boring baseball is, but at least something happens there regularly—pitches in the game today come every fifteen seconds or so. In your small talk, by contrast, absolutely nothing happens for sentence after sentence after sentence, for conversations that can go for fifteen minutes, half an hour, or more. How you have patience for that but not for watching Kale Barson hurl a 160 kph cut fastball that gets people jumping out of the batter’s box before it veers left for a strike is beyond me. But I’m getting off topic.
To help you deal with the hackers in your life, whether in your home or on your team, here are some common hacker characteristics you should know about.

骇客喜欢做事 HACKERS HAVE A BIAS FOR DOING

众所周知,我们骇客整夜骇入,整日不停地写代码,宁可熬夜也要做我们的事。为什么?因为我们喜欢做我们的事!更宽泛来说,我们就是喜欢做事。我对观看运动的喜爱让我成为了骇客社群中的少数,因为我们更愿意参与到某件事中,而非旁观*(为自己辩护一下,我每次看比赛的时候都在收集数据,查看其他人的工作成果,开发出分析数据的新方式,所以我不会只是被动的看着)。我们的休闲活动(除了骇以外的)倾向于个人而非团队导向。武术是很流行的娱乐,而一些骇客也有着户外运动的血脉。游戏——无论是电子的还是其他的——都非常流行,因为这些休闲活动会让你的脑子参与其中。我们当然不会拒绝参与到派对或喝酒当中,只要这给了我们发泄精力的途径。而且如果我们喝得够多,对于胡侃的容忍度也会上升。
译注:原文是rather participate in something than do something,和上下语境不符,疑有误
剧透 -   :
Hackers are famous for our all-night hacking binges, for coding for days on end, for skipping sleep to do our thing. Why is it? Because we like to do our thing! More broadly, we just like doing. My affection for watching sports puts me in the minority of the hacking community, who would generally rather participate in something than do something (in my defense, every time I watch a game I’m gathering stats, reviewing work by others, and developing new ways to analyze stats, so I’m hardly watching passively). The things we do for leisure (besides hacking) tend to be more individual than team oriented. Martial arts is a popular pastime, and there is an outdoorsy strain among some hackers. Games—computer and otherwise—are also popular, since they’re leisure activities that keep our brain engaged. We’re certainly not above engaging in some partying and drinking, if only because it gives us a way to blow off steam. And if we drink enough, our tolerance for talking increases.
> 骇客并不擅长沉思,但这并不意味着他们不会考虑到整体图景。他们只是喜欢通过不停地在其碎片上戳戳刺刺,直到它们组合成了整体,而非后退一步,离开一点距离来考虑它。
> Sounder

剧透 -   :
> Hackers aren’t big at quiet contemplation, but that doesn’t mean they don’t think about the larger picture. They just prefer to get the big picture by continually poking and prodding at the pieces of it until they assemble the complete whole, rather than stepping back and pondering it from a distance.
> Sounder

骇客不把规则当回事 HACKERS DON’T THINK HIGHLY OF RULES

好吧,我之前试图反击骇入全和非法活动相关的观念,但这里我要加强一点这种印象。如果你和骇客聊他们第一次骇入某些东西,他们可能会告诉你的是他们破坏了某种规则之类的。也许是父母定下的如何对待他们新获得的通讯链的规矩,也许是他们学校使用设备和网络的规则。或者,如果你和我一样在街头长大,你对任何电子设备的第一印象,永远是发生在从某个不够小心看着它的傻瓜那里拿走之后。关键是,人们第一次开始骇的时候,绝大部分情况都是当着某个告诉他们不要这么做的人的面。但他们还是做了,并且得到了他们喜欢的结果。那绝不是对规则建立起了健康的尊重,而是某种在骇客的一生中反复强化的体验。我们的行为榜样是那些破坏规则的人,那些做事与众不同的人,那些把世界攥在手心的人。
剧透 -   :
Okay, earlier I tried to push back against the idea that hacking is all about illegal activities, but here I’m going to reinforce it a little. If you talk to hackers about their first time hacking something, they’ll probably tell you they were breaking some sort of a rule or another. Maybe it was their parents’ rules about how to treat the new commlink they just got. Or their schools’s rules about using school devices and networks. Or, if you grew up on the street like me, the first experience you had with any electronic device was after lifting it from some sucker who wasn’t watching it carefully enough. The point is, most of the time when people started hacking, it was in the face of someone telling them not to do it. But they did it anyway, and they got a result they liked. That’s not something that builds a healthy respect for the rules, and it’s the kind of experience that gets reinforced several times throughout a hacker’s life. Our role models are people who broke the rules, did things differently, and brought the world to them.
那就是我们想要成为的人,而我们不会让某些愚蠢的礼仪规矩或者甚至专业规范挡在我们面前。3D剧里有一点还算对了,就是无论骇客在什么样的环境下,都要看上去与众不同,抵制主流趋势。他们弄错的一点则是我们都是穿T恤的胖懒蛋。有些人的确是;但许多人并非如此。但我们不会就因为别人都这么做就戴条领带,我们也不会仅仅因为某些设计师觉得我们应该如何就不舒服。我们会穿如果我们不小心埋头苦干24或48小时之后还能感觉不错的衣服,不过大多数人已经找到方法让自己在熬夜以后看上去不像是刚刚起床。
剧透 -   :
That’s who we’re trying to be, and we’re not going to let silly rules of etiquette or even professional conduct keep us from doing our thing. One of the things the trids get kind of right when showing hackers is that no matter what setting they’re in, they tend to look different and buck whatever the dominant trend is. What they get wrong is the idea that we’re all fat slobs in t-shirts. Some of us are; many of us are not. But we’re not going to wear a tie just because everyone else is, and we’re not going to be uncomfortable simply because some designer thinks we should be. We’re going to wear clothes that feel good if we happen to be in them for twenty-four or forty-eight hours straight, but most of us have figured out how to do that without looking like we just got out of bed.
> 这是一种微妙的平衡。我们不想让社会觉得我们很在意我们的外表,但我们也喜欢看上去很酷。我们只是表现得像我们看上去酷只是为了自己开心,但这也只是部分正确。
> Netcat

剧透 -   :
> It’s a tricky balance. We don’t want society to think we care how we look, but we also like to look cool. We just act like we’re looking cool sheerly for our own enjoyment, but that’s only partially true.
> Netcat
这种普遍的缺乏规则意味着在有人试图把强加规则在我们头上的时候,我们真的会很容易生气。如果有人曾经队伍里有骇客,就肯定知道我在说什么。你们按照计划推进,大略定下每个人的位置,然后所有人点头——除了骇客。骇客丢给你一长列计划中的错误,骇客职责范围内和范围外的都有。有时候骇客对他们在说什么一无所知,但他们还是要说,因为让其他人给他们定计划感觉不舒服。
万幸的是,大多数小队领导者对如何对付人有经验,知道如何管理骇客。你不要强迫他们执行计划,而是问他们他们想如何完成他们的部分。大多数时候他们会给你一个接近你一开始想让他们这么做的答案,而且他们会接受任何调整,只要你引导他们,让这看上去是他们自己的想法。

剧透 -   :
This general lack of rules means our hackles get raised really easily when someone tries to impose rules on us. Any of you out there who have tried to lead a team with a hacker on it know what I’m talking about. You run through planning, outline everyone’s roles, and everyone nods but the hacker. The hacker gives you a long list of everything wrong with your plan, including stuff that’s part of the hacker’s responsibilities and stuff that isn’t. Sometimes the hacker doesn’t know shit about what they’re talking about, but they talk about it anyway because having someone else make a plan for them doesn’t feel right.
Luckily, most people who are team leaders have some experience with people, and they know how to manage hackers. You don’t force a plan on them, you ask them how they want to accomplish their part of it. Most of the time they’ll give you an answer close to what you would have wanted in the first place, and they’ll accept any modifications if you introduce them in a way that makes it seem like their idea.
> 这听上去复杂,但如果你和人一起干活,知道他们喜欢什么,就简单多了。“我们会有一个屋顶入口。嘿,三个月之前那个活,你对传感器都做了什么?<等待回答>你能再来一次?奇了!”
> Chainmaker
> 换句话说,让他们的自尊心把他们带到你选择的方向上去。狂奔者里可不止骇客适合这招。
> Fianchetto

剧透 -   :
> This sounds complicated, but it’s easy if you’ve worked with the person and know what they like. “So we’ll have a rooftop entry. Hey, what was that thing you did to the sensors on the job three months ago? <wait for answer> Think you could pull that off again? Wiz!”
> Chainmaker
> In other words, let their ego take them where you want to go. Hackers are not the only runners for whom that is appropriate.
> Fianchetto

骇客觉得他们是平等主义者 HACKERS THINK THEY ARE EGALITARIAN

骇客圈的首要原则之一就是一个人是谁并不重要,重要的是ta做了什么。骇客标榜只要会写代码,他们愿意接受任何人,无论其背景如何。你的性别、性取向、人种、泛形态、原本的民族和国家都不重要,只要你能做好本职工作。相反,他们并不认为等级或社会地位有何重要之处。你做了一些酷的、伟大的事情——那你就值得尊敬(只要不是太久以前,只要你没有马上把你的酷玩意锁起来,不让任何人碰到它)。你从你父母那里继承的地位,还是通过你杰出的能力获得的?我们会给你恰如其分的尊重,无论你的名片上都写了什么。
剧透 -   :
One of the prime tenets of hackerdom is who a person is doesn’t matter, it’s what they do. Hackers say they are willing to accept anyone regardless of their background as long as they can code. Your gender, sexual orientation, race, metatype, ethnicity, and country of origin don’t matter if you can deliver the goods. Conversely, they don’t think rank or social status are worth a damn. If you did something cool, great—then you’re worth something (assuming it wasn’t too long ago, and assuming you didn’t immediately lock your cool thing away where no one could touch it). Did you inherit a position from your parents, or gain it through your exceptional hoop-kissing abilities? Then we will give you exactly as much respect as you have earned, no matter what it says on your business card.
我们平等主义者本质的另一部分就是我们支持公开和分享。这也是为什么我们中的许多人对旧矩阵的离去仍然耿耿于怀。不知怎的,我们得到了一个能满足许多我们支持期待了一个世纪的理想的网络(好吧,我个人并没有期待那么久,因为我还没有那么老。不过Bull有了)。一个开放的、无限的、几乎所有人都能摆弄它的网络,里面还分享了许多代码。而后,公司意识到这整个有多么的不公司,所以他们把它夺走了。
剧透 -   :
The other part of our egalitarian nature is we support openness and sharing. That’s why so many of us have trouble letting go of the old Matrix. Somehow, we got a network that met many of the ideals we’d been espousing for a century (well, I personally have not been espousing them for that long, since I’m not that old. Bull is). It was open, it was broad-based, pretty much anyone could tinker with it, and a lot of code was shared. Then the corps realized how un-corporate the whole thing was, and they took it away.
但尽管公司再也不肯分享,我们仍然在这么做。开源代码的数据库仍然到处都是,而且你能找到许多主机里观点相似的人交换故事和建议。而且那些没有被共享出来的,我们愿意去偷,就像我们对赛博碟板做的那样。
如果你想做一名真·骇客,别把你开发的东西和商标、版权之类的垃圾绑在一起。把它公开,让别人能用得起,让别人能很兴奋地用它,而随后,收益就会到来。如果你必须要作为骇客做某种合法的事情来赚钱,也许你应该放下碟板,去读法学院。

剧透 -   :
But while the corps aren’t sharing anymore, we still are. Caches of open source code are still around, and you can find plenty of hosts where like-minded people swap stories and tips. And what is not shared, we’re willing to steal, like we did with cyberdecks.
If you want to be a TrueHacker, don’t tie up whatever you develop with trademarks and copyrights and drek. Open it up, make it affordable and exciting to use, and the revenue will come. If you have to play all sorts of legal games to make your money as a hacker, maybe you should just put down the cyberdeck and go to law school already.

骇客其实没有他们想的那么平等主义
HACKERS ARE NOT AS EGALITARIAN AS THEY THINK

现在我们就要谈到骇客文化的黑暗面。这个世纪早些时候,有些人注意到一件有趣的事情。骇客一直说的是好代码如何可以来自任何地方的任何人,但你看到名单和(特别是)主要科技公司的领导者的时候,你就会发现他们都符合某个特定的形象。看上去很相似的人要比不怎么相似的人多得多。所以问题在哪呢?是这些其他人简单地没有能力写出好代码吗?如果骇客声称具有多样性是美德,为什么他们不和更具多样性的人交往?
剧透 -   :
And now we get to a darker side of hacker culture. Earlier in the century, some people noticed a funny thing. Hackers kept talking about how good code could come from anyone and anywhere, but when you looked at the rosters and (especially) the leadership of the major technology companies, you found they all fit a certain profile. There were a whole lot more people who looked like each other than those who didn’t. So what was the problem? Were these other people simply incapable of generating good code? If hackers claimed to have diversity as a virtue, why weren’t they associating with a more diverse group of people?
在这一问题上有许多闪烁其词和含含糊糊,还有一大堆借口。这不是我们的错!是没有在孩子足够小的时候就教写代码的学校的错!(别在意我们中许多人并不是从课上学来的东西,而从我们上课时没听讲偷偷读的东西入门的。)我们只是没有多少其他背景的申请者!(这和你几乎只通过私人关系雇人可没关系,对吧?)女生和其他人没有跟上也不是我们的错!(在试图显得很平等主义的时候,这可不怎么有说服力。)是你的错,是你把这点指出来,直到你把不平衡指出来之前,一切都很好!(呃……什么?)
剧透 -   :
There was a lot of hemming and hawing over this issue, and a whole bunch of excuses. It’s not our fault! It’s the schools not teaching coding to people at a young enough age (never mind that a lot of us didn’t get into hacking from stuff we learned in class, but from stuff we read when we were supposed to be paying attention in class)! We just don’t get many applicants from other backgrounds (that couldn’t have anything to do with you hiring almost exclusively through personal networks, could it?)! It’s not our fault girls and other people can’t keep up (not a great argument to make when you are trying to sound egalitarian)! It’s your fault for pointing it out, everything was fine until you pointed the imbalance out (um … what?)!
许多这类驳论都并不怎么可信,但它们一度占据上风,就因为骇客文化的另一部分——对规则缺乏尊重。那些点出骇客文化中缺乏多样性的人感觉就像是外来者,想要闯进来,试图把规则强加在他们身上,而他们会按照你能预料得到的方式回应。他们反抗权威,他们留下暗讽的评论,他们愤怒,他们为他们的全部价值所在而反抗。
直到那天到来,他们意识到自己的愚蠢,如果他们真的想让骇客社群像他们声称的那样强大而开放,他们就要打破把人拦在门外的壁垒(而且别再假装壁垒不存在)。他们开始变得更开放,更包容,真的。

剧透 -   :
A lot of these arguments were not strong, but they carried the day for a while because another aspect of hacker culture, the lack of respect for the rules. The people pointing out the lack of diversity in hacker culture felt like outsiders were coming in and trying to impose rules on them, and they reacted the way you’d expect. They rebelled, they made snide remarks, they got their hackles up, and they resisted for all they were worth.
Until the day came when they realized they were being foolish, that if they really wanted the hacker community to be as strong and open as they claimed, they would break down the barriers keeping people out (and stop pretending those barriers didn’t exist). They set out to be more open and inclusive, for real.
哈哈!开个玩笑。人们才不会这么做。事实上,世界一直在变得越来越多样,而各种各样的骇客,公司的公司外的,也都明白,如果他们真的想知道一流骇客在做什么,他们要么去接触更多的人,要么就被落在后面。所以他们看着开放骇客社群变得更多样的方式,却只意识到自己并没有什么主意。
剧透 -   :
Ha ha! Just kidding. People don’t do that. What happened was, the world itself kept getting more diverse, and all sorts of hackers, both inside corporations and outside, understood that if they really wanted to know what the best hackers were doing, they were either going to have to reach out to a broader range of people or be left behind. So they looked at ways at opening hacker society to more diversity, only to realize they didn’t have much of an idea how to do that.
这一问题部分是因为骇客都是人(和泛人),身上有着泛人性的种种缺点。我们易于拥有盲点,而盲点最大的问题就是你并不能意识得到。因此,我们中的许多人觉得我们是在严肃地讨论所有人,平等地对待他们,但一名女性出来描述了她想要设计的新程序之后,我们有种糟糕的倾向,会点头然后说:“啊,不错,也许等到你再有几年写代码的亲身经验之后吧,甜心。”但如果有个男的出来带着完全相同的投标报告,甚至用同样的语言讲出来,我们也可能会想:“哦天哪,我真希望我有一百万新円,这样就拿它能给这家伙的点子投资了!”
记住,我在说的是其他骇客的事情。而不是我,当然。

剧透 -   :
Some of the issue was that hackers are humans (and metahumans), containing the full range of weaknesses of metahumanity. We are prone to blind spots, and the whole thing about blind spots is you don’t know you have them. So a lot of us thought we were taking everyone seriously and treating them equally, but we had this bad tendency when a female came up and described the hot new program she wanted to design, we’d nod our heads and say, “Uh huh, well, maybe after you get a few year’s experience of coding under your belt, sweetie,” but if a guy came up with the exact same proposal, delivered in the exact same language even, we’d be all like “Holy crap, I wish I had a million nuyen so I could invest it in this guy’s idea.”
Keep in mind this is other hackers I’m talking about. Not me, of course.
> 摘自Slamm-0!语录:“你能给Jack换尿布吗?我正忙着码超棒的代码。”在过去的两年里大概说了有五千次。
> Netcat
> 嘿,那只是因为我独特又才华横溢*。这和我是个男的而你不是并没有任何关系。
> Slamm-0!

译注:Brilliant用来形容代码和人,想不出很合适的词,只能分开翻译
剧透 -   :
> From the collected sayings of Slamm-0!: “Could you change Jack? I’m busy with brilliant coding.” Said approximately five thousand times in the past two years.
> Netcat
> Hey, that’s just because I’m uniquely brilliant. It has nothing to do with me being a guy and you not being one.
> Slamm-0!

关键在于,虽然问题已经出现(包括不可避免地有人冒出来,然后一副“我们在改变我们写代码的神圣传统,为什么它不能一直如此?为什么不能几十年都一直保持不变?”),但人们变得对已有的进步非常有意这一事实,意味着实际上的进步已经发生了,而骇客圈充满了各种各样的人。但有时旧观点和谄上欺下的故迹仍然会浮出水面,所以准备好忽略他们。如果你是巨魔,几乎一生都要准备好面对质疑你的能力的人。别期待这会从社会中消失。还记得吗,我们生活在第六纪,如今的人们都能坚定地相信平等和多元——直到有人付的钱足够打破其信心。所有东西都可以标上价签,包容又有何不同?
剧透 -   :
The point is, while challenges have appeared (including the inevitable people who pop up and are all, “We’re changing our hallowed tradition of coding, why can’t it be like it always was? Why can’t things always stay the same for decades on end?”) the fact that people have become pretty intentional about progress being made has meant that actual progress has happened, and the range of hackerdom are filled with any and all types of people. But sometimes vestiges of old attitudes and snobbery rise to the surface, so be ready to brush them off. If you’re a troll, be ready to confront people expressing doubt about your abilities for pretty much your entire life. And don’t expect this to just drain away from society. Remember, we live in the Sixth World, where people can believe firmly in equality and diversity until someone pays them enough to overcome their convictions. Everything else is for sale, why not tolerance?
« 上次编辑: 2018-07-08, 周日 21:35:58 由 妖猫 »

离线 妖猫

• Hero
骇入和暗影狂奔 HACKING AND SHADOWRUNNING

既然我们已经说了骇客圈的基础,就让我们来看看这在这一领域中会如何运作吧。你队里可能已经有了一名骇客,而如果你队里还没有,你也迟早会和骇客打交道。他们会从你获得的报酬里拿一份,所以你可能会想尽可能让他们发挥其力量。以下是一些在法外野地中喂养和照顾骇客的建议。
剧透 -   :
Now that we have the basics of of hackerdom down, let’s see how that works out in the field. You probably have a hacker on your team, and if you don’t you’re going to have to deal with one sooner or later. They’re going to be taking a share of whatever you are paid, so you might as well get the most out of them. Here are some tips for feeding and caring for your hacker in the wild.

记得他们对行动的偏好 REMEMBER THEIR BIAS FOR ACTION
如果你要进行一次很长的计划会议,定下每个人要在这次狂奔里做什么,对你们骇客的注意力飘忽有个心理准备。他们可能会宣告自己的无聊、走神,或是把你要做的事情带偏题。你能做的最糟糕的事情就是任由它发生。我们都知道计划需要实现,而就像我之前说的,我们并非孩子。我们不会仅仅因为坐不住就跳过重要的事情。所以给你们的骇客一个主动参与到计划当中的方式。让他们寻找地图或建筑蓝图,或者查查目标的背景等等。别坚持让他们在你定计划的时候离开矩阵——这就像在要求你们的街头武士在战斗中关掉赛博义肢。别觉得他们持续使用矩阵是分神。把它当作一种有用的东西。
剧透 -   :
If you’re going to have a long planning meeting where you map out everything you’re going to do on the run, be prepared for your hacker’s attention to wander. They might proclaim their boredom, introduce distractions, and otherwise derail what you are trying to do. The worst thing you can do is let it work. We all know that planning needs to happen, and like I said before, we’re not children. We’re not skipping important things just because someone can’t sit still. So give your hacker a way to actively be involved in the planning. Have them find maps or building blueprints, or look into your target’s background, or whatever. Don’t insist that they log off of the Matrix while you plan—that’s like asking your street sammie to turn off his cyberarm during a fight. Don’t think their continual Matrix use is a distraction. Think of it as an asset.

保持寂静 KEEP IT QUIET

杂讯是主要的烦人事。它是很好的均衡器——在理想的低杂讯位置的中等偏下的骇客也能打败一名远离目标、处在填埋区正中的超强骇客。认真地挑选降噪和你的位置。如果你的骇客告诉你ta需要更好的位置,想办法做到。除非你必须通过零容忍区之类的地方。那还是告诉你的骇客现实一点,在ta正在的地方把该死的活给干了。
剧透 -   :
Noise is a major pain in the hoop. It’s the great equalizer— a mediocre hacker in an ideal, low-noise position can beat out a drek-hot one who’s far from his target and in the middle of a spam zone. Take noise reduction and your position seriously. When you’re hacker tells you they need a better position, find a way to get it. Unless you have to go through a Zero Zone or something. Then tell your hacker to get a grip on reality and get their fragging job done where they are.
> 我不认为人们充分利用了天空。我们有三个维度——使用它们。从魔法到技术,有许多办法可以升空,这通常可以把人带出地面等级的杂讯。只是记得其代价——在空中可没什么掩体。
> 2XL

剧透 -   :
> I don’t think people use the air enough. We’ve got three dimensions—use them. Between magic and tech, there are a number of ways to get aloft, and that can often get people out of some ground-level noise. Just remember the trade off—there’s less cover in the skies.
> 2XL

有想象力 STAY IMAGINATIVE

有效地在狂奔中发挥你们骇客能力的关键之一就是记得大多数时候,除非你在撒哈拉或者什么地方,你们身边总会有好几百万能黑的东西。通讯链、摄像头、无线武器都是大多数人想得到的,但这并不是终点。载具、建筑清洁系统、照明系统、通风系统,甚至水管系统都有些矩阵元素。你们的骇客发挥作用,让环境变成成功的狂奔所需要的那样。无论是让人分神、提高室内温度从而让热感传感器察觉不到你,还是把无人机再利用,拿来砸门之类的,在找到值钱数据和弹出弹夹之外,骇客都有很多事可以做。而且这也不只是在搜集情报层面——在战斗中,他们有许多事情可以做,在战斗中制造混乱和迷惑敌人,让攻击或障碍从奇怪而预计不到的方向袭来。
但别就这么相信我的话。接入点的诸位,让我听听你们的声音!你们的骇客都做过什么让狂奔更轻松的事情?

剧透 -   :
One of the biggest keys for effectively using your hacker on a run is to remember that most of the time, unless you’re running out in the Sahara or something, there are a million things around you that are hackable. Commlinks, cameras, and wireless weapons are the things most people think about, but it doesn’t have to stop there. Vehicles, building cleaning systems, lighting systems, ventilation systems, even things like plumbing systems tend to have some Matrix element to them. Your hacker can play a role in making the environment you need for a successful run. Whether they are providing a distraction, raising the temperature in a room so that heat sensors won’t notice you, or repurposing drones to bash down doors or something, hackers have a lot to offer besides grabbing paydata and dumping gun ammo. And it’s not just in the legwork stage—in combat they have plenty of things they can do to sow chaos and confusion in the battle, and to make attacks or obstacles come out from odd and unexpected directions.
But don’t take my word for it. People of JackPoint, let me hear you! What are some things your hacker can do to make your job easier?

> 某些公司最近提供的小福利之一是无人机侍(Dronista*),这种在办公室走廊巡游的自动咖啡车会为雇员提供滚烫冒气的豆咖。它记录了抵达时间和饮料偏好之类的东西,从而能够预料到什么时候谁会想要什么,然后在人们点单之前就把饮料奉上。这对他们来说当然很好。而对我们来说自然也是,因为数百名公司雇员的上下班习惯都记录在它的数据库里。从这些东西里下载信息真的非常有帮助,但它们也足够大,你可以做一个仿造版,让矮人或瘦小的人类钻进去,很容易地就把他们载进办公室里。只是别指望他们能在里面待上太长时间——公司也会很快发现我们做的事情,然后他们就会回来让所有人倒掉他们该死的咖啡。
> Sunshine

译注:Dronista意大利语合成词,Droni是无人机,-ista是表示参与或信仰的人的词缀——不要问我为什么是这个名字,以及为什么是意大利语(只因为意大利人喜欢咖啡吧我猜
剧透 -   :
> One of the small perks some corps are offering these days is a Dronista, and automated coffee cart that roams office hallways serving up hot, steaming soykaf to the employees. It registers things like arrival time and beverage preferences so that it can anticipate who will want what when, serving it up before people have to order. That’s great for them. And for us too, because the arrival and departure habits of hundreds of corporate employees are recorded in its databases. Downloading info from this thing can be really helpful, but it’s also so big that you can make a dummy version, slip in a dwarf or small human, and ride them smoothly around the office. Just don’t count on them being there for too long—the corps are going to get wise to what we’re doing with doom enough, then they’ll just go back to making everyone pour their own damn soykaf.
> Sunshine
> 公司里不会有人认识所有人,甚至不认识在同一层的所有人。所以如果他们从某个不认识的人手里收到消息,很多时候他们不会抱有怀疑。技巧在于从友善、中立的信息开始,建立起虚假雇员的身份。别一开始就是“B餐厅的顶级机密会议,立刻!”这种信息。哪怕是最蠢的公司工蜂也会很快看穿。相反,找到碱水面包日(pretzel day)或者其他活动的日子,然后让你们的假雇员发信息说:“嘿,记得今天在休息室里有免费的碱水面包!”做些这样的事情,然后人们就会开始喜欢这个家伙。然后,时机成熟,你潜入到办公室里的时候(如果你必须在工作时间这么做的话。当然这在我们这个三班倒的世界也相当常见),用你的假身份群发消息,说在会议室里有个关键的会,或者楼下有免费冰淇淋,或者别的什么——然后就看着人们急匆匆离开。真是立竿见影。
> 0rkCE0

剧透 -   :
> Nobody knows everyone in their corp, or even everyone on their floor. So if they get a note from someone they don’t know, a lot of the time they won’t question it. The trick is to start out with some nice, neutral messages to establish the identity of a fake employee. Don’t start out with a message like “Top secret meeting in lunchroom B, stat!” Even the dumbest corp drone is going to see through that pretty quickly. Instead, find out when pretzel day or some other event is happening, then have your fake employee send around notes saying “Hey, remember, free pretzels in the lobby today!” Do a few things like that, and people will start to love the guy. Then, when the time is right and you’re sneaking into the office (if you have to do it during work hours, which, in our three-shift world, is quite common), blast out a message from your fake ID about a critical meeting in the conference room, or free ice cream downstairs, or whatever, and watch the people scurry. Works like a charm.
> 0rkCE0
> 如果你没有在狂奔中弄乱过公司的AR,你真得试试。公司AR复盖有那么点怪——他们想让整个地方很好很让人满意,却又不要好到让员工从手头该干的事情上分神。这意味着你不会找到很多提基风格(tiki-themed)*的办公室。你只会看到许多木纹和大理石图表,上面带着简单漂亮的字母。这些都成为了这个地方视觉背景的一部分。并非人们没有注意到它——即便他们注意到了,这也不会让他们乐在其中——而是他们觉得这些东西总是会在那。如果你想,你可以进行彻底改造,放进一片猴子丛林之类的,这当然会把人们好好逗上一会儿,还会让他们晕头转向,但还有更有效的扭曲位置的办法。把指向咖啡厅的ARO往走廊深处多移动5米,让一些ARO就此消失。人们习惯做的事情——比如从第三个ARO左转——就会变得一团糟。通过这样小小的扭曲造成的延迟和混乱可真是有趣。如果你在渗透的时候没有骇入AR,你可真就漏掉了好戏。
> /dev/grrl

*译注:提基风格,波利尼西亚风,类似夏威夷风(夏威夷群岛是波利尼西亚的一部分),非常热带,非常度假
剧透 -   :
> If you haven’t messed with corp AR on a run, you need to. Corporate AR overlays are a little weird—they want to make the place look nice and desirable without looking so nice that the workers will be distracted from what they are doing. That means you won’t find a lot of, like, tiki-themed offices or anything. You’ll just find a lot of wood grain and marble graphics with simple, classy lettering. These become part of the whole visual background of the place. It isn’t that the people don’t notice it—if they did, this wouldn’t be as fun—but they just assume that it’s always going to be there. If you want, you can go for the radical reinvention, putting in a jungle of monkeys or something, which amuses and disorients people for a while, but it can be more effective to tweak what’s there. Move the ARO pointing to the cafeteria five meters farther down the hall. Make a few AROs just vanish, so that people used to doing things like turning left at the third ARO get messed up. The delays and confusion you can cause through little tweaks like this are totally fun. If you’re not hacking AR as you infiltrate, you’re missing out.
> /dev/grrl
« 上次编辑: 2019-01-02, 周三 01:58:52 由 妖猫 »

离线 妖猫

• Hero
和自己人厮混 HANGING WITH OURSELVES

我在这篇东西一开头说人们发现骇客有多么迷人,而我们中的一部分都觉得“当然,你们应该对我们感兴趣。”因为我们觉得我们做的事情非常酷。所以,很自然地,当我们寻找闲暇时(以及,36小时狂欢般地写代码是算作闲暇的)一同厮混的人的时候,我们会和想法相似的人一起。
但说到其他骇客,关键是并非我们所有人都完全想法相似。我们都喜欢骇入,但这并不意味着我们都走同样的途径,或是有着一致的目标。我们可能都喜欢码代码,但我们想用代码做什么可能会非常不同。对吧,Puck?

剧透 -   :
I started out this whole thing saying how fascinating people find hackers, and how part of us is all “Yeah, you should be interested in us.” Because we think the stuff we are doing is really cool. So naturally, when we are looking for people to hang with in our downtime (and banging out code during thirty-six-hour binges counts as downtime), we hang with like-minded people.
But when it comes to other hackers, the trick is not all of us are completely like-minded. We all like hacking, but that does not mean we all approach it from the same ways or have the same end goals. We may all like banging out code, but what we want to do with that code can be very different. Right, Puck?
> 是。我们中的一些人想要炸穿我们所称的这个世界上的可怕的痛苦和限制,寻找到一种更好的存在方式。也有人想要玩遥控玩具,看着成年人在场地上追着小球跑。
> Puck

剧透 -   :
> Right. Some of us want to blast through the horrific pain and limitations of what we call the world and find a better mode of existence. Others of us want to play with remotecontrolled toys and watch grown-ups chase little balls around a field.
> Puck
这意味着我们会被骇客团体(还有相同的,超链者部落)吸引,寻求帮助、分享点子、着手于可以一起做的项目。也许会是泄露每家企业CEO通讯链上的私人照片,也许是寻找阿瑞斯为下一季度的沙漠战争(Desert Wars)设计的最新战斗服的规格数据,也许是试图毁灭世界,带来诸神黄昏。方式不同。
剧透 -   :
That means that what we do is gravitate toward hacker groups (and their equivalent, technomancer tribes) to find support, share ideas, and embark on projects that we can work on together. Maybe that’s releasing private pictures on every corp CEO’s commlink, maybe it’s finding specs on Ares’ latest battlesuit being designed for next season’s Desert Wars, or maybe it’s trying to destroy the world to bring about Ragnarok and the twilight of the gods. Different strokes.
> 超链者部落和骇客团体相同?除非骇客团体也被骚扰、被狩猎,不得不团结在一起分享经验和技术,躲避那些想要拿走他们脑子的人。这发生过吗?没有。你的这个“相同”,亲爱的,可真是糟透了。
> Netcat

剧透 -   :
> Technomancer tribes are equivalent to hacker groups? Only if hacker groups have been harassed, hunted, and had to band together to share tips and techniques for avoiding the people who want to pick into their brains. Has that happened? No. So your equivalence, sweetie, sucks.
> Netcat
无论如何,以下是一些你能加入的骇客和超链者团体——或者是会给你造成麻烦的,或者可能是有用的资源的,等等等等。
剧透 -   :
Anyway, here are a number of hacker and technomancer groups out there that you can join, or that might cause trouble for you, or might be a useful resource, or whatever.

朝鲜团 CHOSON RING
成员:150
约束:活动、忠诚、保密
资源/会费:奢华。通过在线赌场和一些VR和BTL性爱领域的最新范本,朝鲜团几乎都能印钱。不过有时候他们也会真的把印钱作为副业。

剧透 -   :
Members: 150
Strictures: Activity, Loyalty, Secrecy
Resources/Dues: Luxury. With an online casino and several examples in the latest in VR and BTL sex, and Choson Ring pretty much has a license to print money. Which they sometimes do, as a sideline.
描述:这世上每个犯罪组织都知道虚拟现实部分有多重要——还需要很好的矩阵安保。不过,首尔派中的朝鲜团多年来都居于矩阵犯罪的最前线,一直作为完全的虚拟实体存在着。团并没有任何官方设施,不过高层成员奢华的家可以作为临时的会议场所。但既然有如此美妙的矩阵设施,为什么还要扯到肉界?团经营着아니에요(Anieyo)赌场,这是一个巨大而奢华的虚拟游戏网站。任何你感兴趣的游戏这里都有,从最平平无奇的卡牌游戏到老虎机,再到赌球,还有许多政府和公司不赞成的活动。想要为雷蒙德荒地周四早上会冒出多少具尸体下注?你可以这么干。赌一赌热门试验的结果?这也没问题。
剧透 -   :
Description: Every organized crime outfit in the world has long known the importance of having a virtual component— along with good Matrix security. The Choson Seoulpa Ring, though, has been in the leading edge of Matrix crime for years, and they continue to exist as an entirely virtual entity. The ring does not have any official facilities, though any of its higher-ranking members’ luxury homes can serve as impromptu meeting locations. But why bother with the meat world when they have such wonderful Matrix facilities? The ring runs the Anieyo Casino, which is a mammoth deluxe virtual gaming site. Any kind of gaming you’re interested in can happen there, from obvious things such as card games to slots, to sports betting, to the sort of activities lots of governments and corporations frown on. Wanna lay odds on the number of bodies that will turn up in the Barrens Thursday morning? You can do that. How about betting on the outcome of a hot trial? Sure, that’s available too.
> 这并不是什么大事——人们就是喜欢对当前的事件猜来猜去。为什么政府或者别的什么要关心这个?
> Chainmaker
> 因为政府已经对有人下注,然后出门影响其结果这件事有了很多经验。
> Kay St. Irregular

剧透 -   :
> That’s no big thing—people just guessing about current events. Why would any government or anything care?
> Chainmaker
> Because governments had too much experience with people making certain bets, then going out to influence the outcome.
> Kay St. Irregular
在后屋的时候,一定要看看朝鲜团的大量BTL。虐杀影片、色情、虚拟毒|品——你叫得出名的,他们都有。如果你觉得自己已经完全理解了泛人类堕落的极限,看看他们拥有的东西。你会发现人们以他人为代价来让自己爽的全新方法。
剧透 -   :
While you’re in the back rooms, be sure to check out the Choson Ring’s selection of BTLs. Snuff films, porn, virtual drugs—you name it, they’ve got it. If you think you have a complete understanding of the full extent of metahuman depravity, examine their holdings. You will find whole new appalling ways people have of getting themselves off at the expense of others.
> 在投机买卖和列表出现之前,让我打断说一句:不行。
> Glitch

剧透 -   :
> Let me just jump in before the speculation or list-making begins and say this: No.
> Glitch
这生意很赚钱,顾客源源不绝,但朝鲜团面临着特定的挑战,就是阻止其他犯罪组织进一步拓展到虚拟世界里。事情顺利的时候,犯罪组织会把暴力控制到最小,但他们仍然依赖暴力威胁来让事情顺畅进行。他们能够保持和平的理由之一就是人们会出于恐惧,服从而非激怒他们。挑战在于,既然你的组织是虚拟的,你不能召集帮派来拜访一下给你添麻烦的人,又要如何把恐惧植入人们心里?矩阵攻击、强迫重启、设备变装,还有生物反馈伤害都是虚拟帮派随意使用的办法,但你要对把你惹火然后立刻完全断线的人怎么办呢?你又要如何施加伤害?
剧透 -   :
The business is lucrative and the customer traffic is high, but the Choson Ring deals with a particular challenge that has kept other organized crime outfits from diving fully into the virtual world. When things are going well, organized crime outfits can keep violence to a minimum, but they still rely on the threat of violence to keep things moving smoothly. One reason they are able to maintain the peace is because would rather comply with them rather than cross them, and the reason they do that is fear. The challenge, then, is how do you instill that fear in people when your organization is virtual, and you can’t round up your gang to pay a visit to the people who are causing you trouble? Matrix attacks, forced reboots, device bricking, and bio-feedback are all tools a virtual gang has at its disposal, but what do you do about the person who crosses you and then disconnects entirely? How do you put the hurt on them?
这就导向了某些朝鲜团矩阵人员的特定任务。很自然地,他们维护赌场主机就有许多事要做,比如引入新的程序、确保客人行为不出格,但他们不能仅仅关注于此。他们必须非常小心地盯着关键人员,像是供应商、受贿赂的执法人员,还有高价值的顾客,以防他们身上发生任何不测。他们被要求成为专业的追踪者,能够在看到任何人的时候追查到其物理位置(当然,这意味着如果你去아니에요兴风作浪,你就会被注意到,有人会试图追踪你的位置。所以规矩一点)。他们已经在矩阵突击上训练有素,但他们还需要一个雇佣打手的数据库,从而可以立刻把人手派到任何地方。保持数据库准确而实时非常重要——就算不是很有趣。向背叛过你,甚至实际上已经死了的帮手求助,可不是帮你维持在团里声望的好办法。
剧透 -   :
This leads to some significant tasks for the Choson Ring’s Matrix personnel. Naturally, they have a lot to do maintaining the casino host, bringing in new programming, and making sure customers behave themselves, but they can’t just focus on that. They have to keep a very careful eye on critical people such as suppliers, bribed law-enforcement personnel, and high-value customers, just in case anything goes wrong with them. They are required to be expert trackers, able to give the physical location of any person at a moment’s notice (which means yeah, if you go to the Anieyo and make waves, you’re going to be noticed and someone is going to try to track you. So behave yourself). They’ve gotta be skilled in Matrix assault, but they also need to have a database of hired muscle they can send to almost anywhere in the world at short notice. Keeping that database accurate and up-to-date is important, if not glamorous. Calling on help that betrayed you in the past, or is actually dead, is not a good way to maintain your reputation in the ring.
> Slamm-0!说维护数据库并不有趣,的确如此,但想一想最终结果:一个精准的,充满可靠、有本事的打手的数据库。这可很有价值。
> Thorn
> 记得他们是对朝鲜团来说可靠,而并不必然对所有人来说都可靠。你考虑如何自我介绍的时候,记得这一点。
> Kia

剧透 -   :
> Slamm-0! is right that maintaining the database is not glamorous, but think about the end result—an accurate database of reliable, skilled muscle. There is plenty of value there.
> Thorn
> Just remember that they are reliable for the Choson Ring, not necessarily anyone else. Keep that in mind when you think about how to present yourself.
> Kia
朝鲜团会接收有本事又忠诚的骇客,但这不是为了好玩或声誉而去的地方。这里没有会费,因为加入团要的是你的血汗。你要为自己挣到支持。如果你要报名,你需要执行团的计划。而且有一点应当不必说,你们不需要谈到你们在做什么,或者说你们的朋友是谁,你也永远不要背叛他们。犯罪组织从来不想要仁慈的名声。
剧透 -   :
The Choson Ring will take on skilled, loyal hackers, but this is not a position you latch onto for fun and prestige. There are no dues, because joining the ring is all about sweat equity. You’re supposed to earn your keep. If you sign up, you need to be working on ring projects. And it should go without saying that you need to not talk about what you are doing or who your associates are, and you should never double-cross them. Organized crime has never desired a reputation for mercy.

协作 THE COOPERATIVE
成员:10
约束:会费、私密
资源/会费:中等。会费为每个月600新円,用于支持所有成员的安全和保密。这包括在线措施(提升能力、增强共鸣词库、注册网精),也包括线下措施(寻找安全屋或雇佣狂奔者)。

剧透 -   :
Members: 10
Strictures: Dues, Privacy
Resources/Dues: Middle. Dues are 600 nuyen per month and are used to bolster security and secrecy for all group members. This includes online measures (improving their abilities, enhancing the Resonance Library, registering sprites) as well as offline ones (including funding safehouses and hiring shadowrunners).
描述:协作是已存的超链者团体中存在时间最长的,在浮现后不久就建起来,远在大多数人意识到超链者是什么之前。皮质(Cortex)、奇字符(Wizbyte)和斜点(Slashdot)这三位创始成员互帮互助,搞清楚了他们身上发生了什么事情。从那时起,他们就在所有涉及到超链者的事件中非常活跃,包括探索和揭露围绕着超链者实验的公司诡计。这并没有让他们和MCT或新网和谐相处,而这些公司和协作之间的相互怨恨持续至今。
剧透 -   :
Description: One of the longest-standing technomancer groups in existence, this group formed shortly after the Emergence, before most people had any idea what technomancers were. The three original members— Cortex, Wizbyte, and Slashdot—helped each other understand what was happening to them. Since that point, they have been very active in any matters involving technomancers, including exploring and exposing the corporate machinations surrounding technomancer experimentation. This did not put them on good terms with MCT and NeoNET, and the mutual grudge between those corps and the Cooperative continues to this day.
创始三巨头对组织扩充非常谨慎,只允许他们完全信任的人进入他们的小圈子。许多人,包括超链者,都曾经在这些年里,在不同的情况下和协作一同工作,而在协作邀请新成员加入之前,他们要进行许多次曝光。当然,大多数时候,根本就没有邀请。直到2072年,组织扩充到了7名成员;而在中间的几年里,组织只增长到了10名成员。实际上有了4名新成员,而非3名,因为在2074年,组织损失了一名成员。记忆痕迹(Engram),他们的成员之一,曾经去洛杉矶参加那里开展的反地平线游行。当然,协作的成员不只是到某个地方然后挥舞AR牌子、喊喊口号。超链者们开展对地平线(和其他附近公司)的袭击时,记忆痕迹就在拉斯维加斯大道中央,而其结果是,她成为了那场被称为超链者大屠杀的事件中最先被杀死的人之一。
剧透 -   :
The original trio was very cautious about expansion, only allowing people they fully trust into their inner circle. Many people, including technomancers, have worked with the Cooperative in different circumstances over the the years, and it usually takes multiple such exposures before the Cooperative will invite a new member in. Most of the time, of course, the invitation does not happen at all. By 2072 the group had expanded up to seven members; in the intervening years they have only grown to ten.
That growth is the result of four additions, not three, as the group lost a member in 2074. One of their members, Engram, traveled to Las Vegas to participate in the anti-Horizon demonstrations taking place there. Of course, members of the Cooperative do not just travel someplace to wave AR signs and chant slogans. Engram was right in the middle of the Strip when technomancers launched their assault on Horizon (and any other nearby corp) holdings there, and as a result she was one of the first people killed in what became known as the Technomancer Massacre.
协作不会忘记在拉斯维加斯发生的事情,但他们也没有愚蠢到相信仅仅10个人就能打败超企,无论他们在操控矩阵上有多么厉害。他们也知道很可能地平线里的某人已经发现了记忆痕迹的身份,反追踪到了协作,鉴于地平线并不缺乏骇入天分。这意味着他们近些年主要做的事情中重要的一块就是进行防御,掩盖他们的痕迹和身份,尽可能不让任何人找到他们,包括仍然对超链者实验感兴趣的地平线和其他公司。
不过,一昧防御而不做其他事并非他们的本质。他们在CFD中看到了痛击老对手新网的机会,而且他们渴望能找到能证明他们的的确确参与到导致CFD病毒的事件中的证据。如果你在旅途中发现了有趣的东西,如果可以的话,复制一下——协作会为此付给你客观的报酬。

剧透 -   :
The Cooperative is not going to forget what happened in Vegas, but they are also not foolish enough to believe that ten people, no matter how powerful they might be at manipulating the Matrix, are going to bring down a megacorporation. They also know that it’s very possible someone in Horizon discovered Engram’s identity and traced her back to the Cooperative, as Horizon is not without hacking talent of its own. That means a substantial part of what they have been doing in recent years is playing defense, covering their tracks and identities as much as possible to keep anyone, including Horizon and corporations that still might be interested in technomancer testing, from finding them.
Playing nothing but defense is not in their nature, though. They see opportunity in the CFD situation to bring some pain to one of their old nemeses, NeoNET, and they are anxious to find any evidence of their involvement in the events that led to the CFD virus. If you find anything interesting in your travels, make a copy if you can—the Cooperative may pay you handsomely for it.
这就足够他们忙的了,但他们并不会忘了地平线。他们明白对他们来说,关键并非是单枪匹马地击败地平线——和超企相比,他们几乎就只是泥球而已。他们的人物是找到正确的会为他们做脏活的盟友(或盟友们)。超企重评估给他们提供了好机会。错过取代地平线获得AAA席位的AA级企业们对超企可是怀恨已久,而他们可能真的会被降级的可能性让他们气愤不已。他们不需要太多理由就会开始打击地平线,所以协作要尽其所能地提供理由。伪造地平线高管内部通知,说瞄准特定AA使其降级,曝光特定地平线财产的安保漏洞(特别是在港口区域,这已经成了逐渐增多的冲突的热点区域),泄露地平线董事会成员的家庭和旅行习惯,这些都是他们所作所为的一部分,也都是让局外人进来帮他们的手段。如果你和他们一起,要记得:地平线可能是家“友善”的超企,但事实证明,如果合意会(Consensus)*告诉他们应当如此,他们就相当愿意让手上沾血。或者如果他们已经够恼怒了的话。
自然,协作需要成员或是任何了解他们的人保持低调。他们觉得这是不可原谅的。任何一点草率,任何说漏嘴,任何可能会把关于协作的有用信息透露给外人的行为都足以让你背踢出去。他们对该接纳谁进来已经足够小心,所以这一点并不成问题。

译注:Consensus是地平线的领导层
剧透 -   :
That’s a lot to keep them busy, but they are not going to forget about Horizon. They understand that the key is not for them to take on Horizon single-handedly— they’re pretty much a dirtball when compared to a mega. Their job is to find the right ally (or allies) who will do their dirty work for them. The Megacorporate Revision presents them a good opportunity. Double-A corps who were passed over for AAA status in favor of Horizon have long resented the megacorp, and the possibility that they might actually be downgraded is infuriating to them. They don’t need much of an excuse to start bringing the pain to Horizon, so the Cooperative is going to do all they can to provide excuses. Faking memos from Horizon executives targeting certain AAs for downgraded status, exposing security vulnerabilities in certain Horizon holdings (especially in port areas, which have become hotspots in the rising conflict), and leaking information about the domestic and travel habits of Horizon board members are all part of their activities, and all things they might bring outsiders in to help with. If you throw in with them, just remember: Horizon may be the “nice” megacorp, but they’ve already proven quite willing to get blood on their hands when the Consensus tells them they should. Or when they get mad enough.
Naturally, the Cooperative requires members, or anyone who knows about them, to keep things on the down-low. They are unforgiving about this. Any bit of sloppiness, any speech out of turn, anything that might reveal anything useful about the Cooperative to outsiders is enough to get you kicked out. They have been careful enough about who they admit that to this point it has not been an issue.
> 这对成员来说不成问题。他们已经整顿了一些对自己知道的事情不够小心的同事。通常他们会清空银行账户、窃取身份,而非彻底把人杀掉,但也有例外。
> Pistons

剧透 -   :
> It hasn’t been an issue for members. They’ve cracked down on a few associates who have not been careful with what they know. Usually they empty bank accounts and steal identities rather than out-and-out kill people, but they make exceptions.
> Pistons

破解者地下区 CRACKER UNDERGROUND
成员:总计10,000以上,活跃人数约2,500左右
约束:私密、别惹人厌
资源/会费:低端。没有正式的会费,不过成员会捐款维护团体的主机。在主机之外,他们真的没有什么集体资源了。

剧透 -   :
Members: 10,000+ total, 2,500 or so active
Strictures: Privacy, Don’t be a dick
Resources/Dues: Low. There are no formal dues, though members make contributions to maintain the group’s host. Beyond the host, they really don’t have any collective resources.
描述:在并不遥远的曾经,破解者地下区感觉就像是矩阵与生俱来的一部分。开放、分享、自由的倾向,所有振奋人心的东西,在这一私人网络中流淌,而它们一度也曾遍布矩阵。也许破解者地下区的确比别人更进一步,像是分享有大量的破解3D影像和软硬件,还有体育赛事实况视频流,但无需订阅也无需向任何地方的任何人写申请——但总感觉如果时间足够,世界上总有其它地方也能做到同样的事情。
剧透 -   :
Description: There was a time in the not-so-distant past that the Cracker Underground felt like a piece of the Matrix as a whole. The attitudes that ran throughout this private network—openness, sharing, freedom, all that jazz—were common throughout the Matrix. Maybe the Cracker Underground took it a little farther than anyone else, what with the rampant sharing of cracked tridz and warez and the streams of live sporting events without a subscription and without the express written permission of anyone everywhere—but it felt like maybe the rest of the world would get there, if we gave them enough time.
如今?不了。在超企的热情支持下,丹妮尔·德·拉马尔把矩阵带到了新的不幸状况之中。大多数人谈到矩阵的时候根本不会想到自由和开放。相反,他们说的是“安全”和“安保”。新无政府主义团体面临着明显更多的审查机制,难以把信息发出去吗?骇客港在被极快地追踪、扼杀吗?执法官员能够把卖盗版《水浒传3》的人投进私立监狱判10年吗?答案是“是”、“是”,还有难以相信的“是”。
剧透 -   :
Now? No. Danielle de la Mar led the Matrix to a new, unfortunate condition, with the enthusiastic support of the megacorps. Freedom and openness don’t even register with most people when they talk about the Matrix. Instead, they talk about “safety” and “security.” Are neo-anarchist groups facing considerably more censorship and difficulty getting any messages out? Are hacker havens tracked down and snuffed out with alarming rapidity? Have law enforcement officers been able to send people selling pirated copies of Water Margin 3 into private penitentiaries for ten-year sentences? The answers are yes, yes, and unbelievably yes.
这意味着破解者地下区远比以前要重要。它不仅是免费看3D影像或免费玩热门射击游戏的地方了;它携着理想的火炬:信息当自由,知识当分享,矩阵是史上最伟大的发明,将世上的财富遍转四方,将部分不平衡重新平衡。
犯罪对破解者地下区来说并不新鲜,即便是在旧矩阵也一样,但风险已经高了很多。监视更加严格,惩罚更加严苛,而公众支持又戏剧性地少。人们并不将破解者地下区视作自由斗士;他们将其视为祸害,破坏着他们崭新矩阵的安全。

剧透 -   :
This means that the Cracker Underground is more essential than ever. It’s not just about watching trids for free or not paying for hot shooter games; it’s about carrying the torch of an ideal, the concept that information should be free, that knowledge should be shared, and that the Matrix is the greatest tool ever invented for spreading the wealth of the world around and evening up some of the imbalances.
Committing crimes is nothing new to the Cracker Underground, even in the days of the old Matrix, but the stakes have gotten much higher. Monitoring is much more strict, penalties are stiffer, and public support is dramatically less. People don’t see the Cracker Underground as freedom fighters; they see them as a menace, undermining the safety of their shiny new Matrix.
新矩阵的好处之一在于,破解者地下区的成员很快找到了建立他们新主机的办法,提供了相当的隐秘性和安全性。过去几年的许多时间都用来建立这一主机,而且它相当不错,特别是在防御端。许多用户想要提升攻击性的能力,但隐秘性在他们的想法中最为重要。
他们认真对待隐秘性问题。要求很简单——如果你让别人追踪你到破解者地下区的主机,那你就被踢出去了,再也不能回来。如果你根本不确定自己会不会被跟踪或追踪,离远点。

剧透 -   :
One benefit of the new Matrix is that members of the Cracker Underground quickly figured out how to build their own host, providing a decent amount of privacy and security. A lot of time in the past few years has been dedicated to bulking that host up, and it’s pretty good, especially on the defensive end. Many users would like the offensive capabilities to be bulked up as well, but privacy was foremost on their minds.
The privacy is taken seriously. The requirements are simple—if you allow someone to trace you to the Cracker Underground host, then you are out, never to return. If you are at all uncertain about whether you’re being followed or tracked, stay away.
成为这一社群的成员的另一个条件很简单:别惹人厌。为社群添柴,而不是从中取火。对你的同行骇客们有些尊重。不辜负欣赏好作品的骇客理想,无论来自谁手。在矩阵其他地方有很多愚蠢的打闹——把它们留在地下区外面吧。
以防上面说的不是很清楚,我很早就是地下区的成员,而且也是其理想的坚定支持者。是,那里有很多游戏、3D影像和BTL,但也有公司暗影活动的秘密档案、非法政府活动的细节、试剂狩猎场的信息等等。革命的种子就在此处,而我们会继续自己的任务,培育好合适的土壤。

剧透 -   :
The only other requirement to be a member of this community is simple: Don’t be a dick. Add to the community, don’t subtract from it. Show some respect for your fellow hackers. Live up to the hacker ideal of appreciating good work, no matter who it comes from. There are plenty of stupid games going on elsewhere in the Matrix—leave them out of the Underground.
In case it was not clear from the above, I’m a longtime Underground member and a firm supporter of its ideals. Yeah, there are lots of games and trids and BTLs there, but there are secret dossiers on corp shadow activities, details on illicit government activities, information on good reagent hunting grounds, and more. The seeds of the revolution are here, and we will continue to do our part to prepare the soil.

« 上次编辑: 2019-01-02, 周三 02:00:20 由 妖猫 »

离线 妖猫

• Hero
电子骑士 ELECTRIC KNIGHTS
成员:35人左右
约束:忠诚
资源/会费:低端。成员任何活动的收入交30%给帮派。

剧透 -   :
Members: 35 or so
Strictures: Loyalty
Resources/Dues: Low. Members give thirty percent of any proceeds from their activities to the gang.
描述:电子骑士是矩阵上的暴走族,单纯为了刺激而拿下目标。财务收益自然不错,但真的不是他们所图。在某些方面,他们就像是刚会走路的孩子(当然,我并没有说这不好),因为他们真的很乐于把东西甩出去然后看它们怎么旋转,或者是把颜料丢在墙上,看看会形成怎样的图案。
抱歉——出于某些原因,我印象中刚会走路的孩子的杀伤力非同小可。
无论如何,电子骑士很有创造力,但也很具破坏性。你会赞叹他们在达到目标时使用的胆量和智慧,但你有时候会担心他们造成的痛苦。而且你真的会担心他们要做的事情会不会就在你正工作的地方出现。

剧透 -   :
Description: The go-gangers of the Matrix, the Electric Knights take down targets for the thrill of it. Financial gain is nice and all, but not really what they are about. In some ways they’re like toddlers (and I don’t mean that in a bad way, necessarily), in that they are really interested in dumping things out and seeing how they roll, or throwing paint on the wall to see what kind of patterns it makes.
Sorry—the destructive power of toddlers is high in my mind for some reason.
Anyway, the Electric Knights are creative but destructive. You admire the guts and cleverness that they put into their results, but you sometimes worry about the pain they cause. And you really worry if whatever they’ve decided to do occurs wherever you’re working.
电子骑士最初在破解西雅图网域链系统的时候给自己定了名,其造成的超级交通拥堵人们至今仍会谈起。不过他们并未止步于此。在随后的几年中,他们骇入了坦瑞兹拉(Tarislar)的一场迪尔德丽(Deirdre)演唱会的3D影像显示,打出了“巨魔力量!”的字样;骇入了一个导航人造卫星,让许多运货船偏离航道几百千米;在肯尼斯·布莱克海文讲话的时候,让成千上万的通讯链同时铃声响到最大;还有,也许是最有名的一次,他们把几辆载着牲畜的卡车重新导向西雅图中心区,然后同时把门打开,让奶牛和猪都在街上乱嚎。
就像你猜的那样,这些家伙被广泛看作是公共的祸害。没人会公开宣称喜欢他们。但私下里,他们的搞怪行为让人窃笑不已。

剧透 -   :
The Electric Knights first made their name when they crashed Seattle’s Gridlink system, resulting in an epic traffic jam that people still talk about. They didn’t stop there, though. In subsequent years, they hacked the trid display at a Deirdre concert in Tarislar to spell out the words “Trog Power!”; hacked a navigational satellite and sent a handful of shipping boats hundreds of kilometers off course; made thousands of commlinks emit their ringtones at top volume all at once during a Kenneth Brackhaven speech; and, perhaps most noticeably, redirected several trucks carrying livestock to Downtown Seattle and then opened them all at once, sending cows and pigs roaming through the streets.
As you might guess, these guys are widely viewed as a public menace. No one will publicly admit that they like them. In private, though, their antics generate a lot of snickers.
当然,矩阵帮派成员的生活并不都是恶作剧。他们有常规的活动,像是身份窃取、盗版3D影像和BTL,还有其他比大骇一场盈利更少,但却在产生实际利润方面做得更好的活动。帮派成员把其收获的三成交给帮派。他们并没有很大动力勤奋工作然后为帮派挣钱——如果他们想要勤奋工作来挣新円,他们可能会选择不同的生活方式。他们通常做的活只够不让他们用作藏身处的废弃高层建筑的地下室分崩离析。然后他们就会回去继续玩射击游戏,计划恶作剧。
剧透 -   :
Of course, the life of a Matrix gang member isn’t all about pranks. There’s routine stuff, like identity theft, pirating trids and BTLs, and others activities that are lower profile than the big hacks but do a better job of generating some actual revenue. Gang members donate thirty percent of what they earn back to the gang. They are not overly motivated to work hard to earn a lot of cash for the gang—if they wanted to work hard at earning nuyen, they probably would have chosen a different lifestyle. They usually do just enough to keep the basement of an abandoned high-rise they are reputed to use as their hideout from falling apart. Then they go back to playing shooter games and planning pranks.
你可能已经从他们的活动的描述中注意到了,这一帮派非常专注于西北部,很可能是基于西雅图(有些人说是塔科马)。他们的活动向南最远拓展到旧金山,还有一些安克雷奇的异常矩阵事件也被归咎于他们。不过,西雅图和坦瑞兹拉仍然吸引了他们绝大多数的注意力。
电子骑士并没有多少可以谈论的深层准则或信条。虽然他们的名字如此,但他们对骑士精神或者相关的观念毫不关心。就像他们的大多数其他活动,他们选择这个名字只是觉得它酷。没有别的了。

剧透 -   :
As you probably noticed from the description of their activities, the gang is very Pacific Northwest-focused, likely based in Seattle (some say Tacoma). Their activities have stretched as far south as San Francisco, and there are some odd Matrix occurrences up in Anchorage that have been blamed on them. Still, Seattle and Tarislar receive the vast majority of their attention.
There is not a whole lot of underlying code or dogma to talk about with the Electric Knights. Despite their name, they couldn’t care less for chivalry or related notions. Like most of their other activities, they chose the name because they thought it was cool. Nothing more.
成员数量一直不多,部分是因为电子骑士无法轻易对其他人建立信任,部分则是因为帮派的生活方式不够有利可图,没法吸引很多人。每年都有很多奉承者和崇拜者来找他们,而大多数则无功而返。他们也会吸纳非骇客进入作为成员,只要他们觉得能提供对他们有用的技能,像是物理保护,不过大多数彪形大汉对整日和一群出神到VR里的孩子一起大概也没什么兴趣。在当前的35名左右的成员中,也许5个不是骇客。他们声称在他们之中有一两名超链者,但据大多数人称,那些只不过是仍然在适应其能力的新浮现者罢了。
剧透 -   :
Membership stays pretty low, partly because the Electric Knights don’t build trust with others that easily, partly because the gang lifestyle isn’t lucrative enough to attract a wide range of people. They get a few hangers- on and wannabes coming their way every year, and most of these get turned away. They’ll take non-hackers in as members if they think they provide a skillset that is useful to them, like physical protection, but most bruisers aren’t interested in spending their days with a bunch of kids zoned out in VR all day. Of the thirty-five or so current members, maybe five are non-hackers. They are reputed to have a technomancer or two in their ranks, but by most accounts these are newly Emerged people still trying to feel their way around their skills.

电子骑士并没有足够的资源支持其机动性,而且他们也不希望他们恶作剧的受害者追踪到他们,所以保密对他们来说至关重要。这意味着忠诚也至关重要。他们会原谅懒散草率的成员——他们都是,在某些时候——但告密是不可宽恕的。你把秘密泄露给了非帮派成员,你就可以预料到信息流传到西雅图每个你曾经惹过的帮派耳朵里。骑士会等着其他人帮他们狩猎到你的。
剧透 -   :
The Electric Knights don’t have enough resources to be mobile, and they don’t want the victims of their pranks to track them down, so secrecy is big to them. That means loyalty is big too. They’ll forgive a gang member being sloppy—they all are, sometimes—but squealing is unforgivable. You spill secrets to a non-gang member, you can expect information to be circulated to every gang in Seattle that you’ve done something or other to piss them out. The Knights will then wait for others to do their hunting for them.
> 就像很多基于恶作剧的帮派一样,电子骑士想让人们知道他们做了什么,所以他们有一个非常有辨识度的标志。看看他们那个小图标,一名骑士骑在闪电上——他们会在事情刚要做完之前发送出去。如果你看到了的话,做好应对的准备,或者赶快从道奇上下来。
> Pistons
> 他们喜欢恶作剧,而且非常擅长此道,而且经常需要钱。如果你需要矩阵上有人帮你分神,雇佣这些家伙是相当不错的选择。问题是如何找到他们。通过其他帮派搭桥。他们通常会告诉你如何联系上电子骑士的一名成员,虽然他们不会保证会面会很顺利。
> Haze

剧透 -   :
> Like a lot of prank-based gangs, the Electric Knights want people to know what they’ve done, so they have a distinct signature. Look out for a small icon of a knight riding a bolt of lightning—they send it out just before things go down. If you see it, batten down the hatches, or just get out of Dodge.
> Pistons
> They like pranks, are pretty good at them, and usually need cash. If you need a big Matrix distraction, you could do a lot worse than hiring these guys. The trick is finding them. Work through other gangs. They can usually tell you how to run into a member of the Electric Knights, though they can’t guarantee the encounter will go well.
> Haze

奇瓦网 KIVANET
成员:150
约束:出席、成员限制(NAN公民)
资源/会费:奢华,无会费。这一网络包括了几个主机,其中一个围绕着共鸣井建造。

剧透 -   :
Members: 150
Strictures: Attendance, Limited Membership (NAN citizens)
Resources/Dues: Luxury, no dues. The network maintains several hosts, including one built around a Resonance well.
描述:许多人都觉得超链能力有一点神秘甚至魔法的元素,而且在奇瓦*网,他们的这种感觉尤其强烈。但对一个基于一群萨满的建议建立的组织,你还能期待什么别的呢?至少就我的理解,奇瓦网背后的主要理念是对矩阵,特别是“活的部分”(读作“共鸣”)进行管理,就像一些萨满元素对现实大地进行管理那样。这一组织由普韦布洛公司理事会主办,其成员被照顾得很好,豪华的总部位于圣塔菲,在盐湖城、凤凰城和拉斯维加斯也有分部。成员并没有工资,但他们可以待在总部,那里可以提供许多食物(事实上,他们被要求每年至少到这些地方之一去一次,否则就会被)。鼓励赞扬的行为是把时间花在探索共鸣、小心地与其交互从而更好地理解它,随后把他们的想法记录下来,留待后人。深潜也会受到很大鼓励——不过如果要进行深潜,人们需要现实世界的经验来帮助他们成长。这意味着在奇瓦网总部晃悠很不错,但肯定不能作为全职工作。
译注:Kiva奇瓦是北美西南部原住民普埃布罗人进行宗教仪式的场所
剧透 -   :
Description: Plenty of people feel there is an element of mysticism or even magic to technomancy, and nowhere do they feel that stronger than in KivaNet. But what more would you expect from a network started on the advice of a bunch of shamans? The main idea behind KivaNet, as far as I understand it, is to take stewardship over the Matrix, particularly the “living parts” (read: Resonance) in the same way that some shamanic elements have taken stewardship of the physical land. Fully sponsored by the Pueblo Corporate Council, the members of this organization are well taken care of, with deluxe headquarters in Santa Fe and satellite offices in Salt Lake City, Phoenix, and Las Vegas. Members are not paid, but they can stay at the headquarters, with plenty of food provided to them (in fact, they are required to check I’m at one of the physical locations at least once per year or be put on probationary status). They are encouraged to spent their time reaching out to the Resonance, interacting with it gently in an effort to better understand it, then record their thoughts for posterity. Submersion journeys are also highly encouraged—though if that’s going to happen, people need the real-world experience to help them grow. That means hanging out at KivaNet headquarters is nice, but it can’t be a full-time job.
超链者在组织中曾经(而且仍然)是值得注意的少数,但由于其成员有口皆碑的名声,PCC找到了更多的超链者,组织吸引了更多的成员。在如今的150名成员中,大约有四十人是超链者;而其中大多数是技术萨满。
虽然研究共鸣和支持超链者的基础目标非常清晰,但深层的目标——也就是说,把这么多钱花在这些目标上的原因——仍然不明。由于共鸣诸域包含了一切存在过的电子事物的副本的这一概念,更好地了解共鸣诸域越发重要,特别是从间谍活动的角度来看。那些对人类本性更为乐观的家伙(也还有一些这样的家伙活着,大多数在动物园里)会说PCC是想要更好地融入诸域,想要寻求更整体性的途径,让我们能比对待物质和星界空间更好地对待它,毕竟我们已经用数百种方法污染了它们。对这一观点的反驳则称,我们显然已经把数十亿片各种垃圾塞进了共鸣诸域(如果并不是我们创造的它们),试图让它们免受我们的影响是不可能的任务。

译注:technoshaman是三版时对宅客流派倾向的分类,技术萨满将电子空间视为家园;相对应的则是cyberadept电子修士,更机械和理性地运用自己的力量。这里大概并非严格的分类法。
剧透 -   :
Technomancers were (and still are) a distinct minority in the group, but they are growing as the PCC finds more technomancers and the organization attracts more members thanks to the glowing word-of-mouth from its members. Of the 150 current members, about forty are technomancers; most of those are technoshamans.
While the basic goals of researching the Resonance and supporting technomancers are clear, the underlying goals—that is to say, the reasons so much money should be spent on those goals—are unclear. With the whole concept of the Resonance realms containing copies of every electronic thing ever, better understanding of the realms is increasingly important, especially from an espionage point of view. Those with a more optimistic view of human nature (there are still a few of them left. Mostly in zoos) say that the PCC is looking for better integration with the realms, a more holistic approach so that we can treat it better than we have the physical and astral realms, which we have polluted in hundreds of ways. The counter of that is that we clearly have already filled the Resonance realms with billions of pieces of our own garbage (if we didn’t create them in the first place), so trying to free them from our influence is an impossible task.
> 这是不是听上去对超级企业来说有点太高尚了?——别忘了PPC是什么。它们不会想更好地了解共鸣来保护它,它们想控制它。得共鸣者得矩阵,或者至少他们是这么想的。这个骇客团体听上去很好,但危险至极。
> Clockwork

剧透 -   :
> Doesn’t all this sound too noble for a megacorporation— which is what the PCC is? They don’t want to better understand the Resonance to protect it, they want to harness it. He who controls the resonance will control the Matrix, or at least that’s what they think. This network sounds nice but is dangerous as hell.
> Clockwork

渡鸦 THE RAVENS
成员:17
约束:忠诚
资源/会费:中等。会费为每月150新円。渡鸦有一个连接着PPC奇瓦网的私人主机,也从后者那边接受相当多的矩阵资源。它们也可以用奇瓦网在圣塔菲、凤凰城、盐湖城和拉斯维加斯的办事处。

剧透 -   :
Members: 17
Strictures: Loyalty
Resources/Dues: Middle. Dues are 150 nuyen per month. The Ravens have a private host that is networked with the PCC’s KivaNet, and they receive significant Matrix resources from them. They also have use of KivaNet offices in Santa Fe, Phoenix, Salt Lake City, and Las Vegas
描述:世上的每个大组织都需要更为好斗的军事武装,而奇瓦网有渡鸦。在更多的成员致力于理解和保护共鸣诸域的同时,渡鸦则确实地在对那些他们认为虐待了共鸣诸域的人复仇。
这是非常困难,也许是不可能的事情。共鸣诸域每天都充盈着数十亿片新数据。虽然有些人可能会把这些都视为污染的一种形式,但渡鸦并非如此。共鸣域是信息的堡垒,所以把更多的信息投入其中——或者,就像有些理论说的,塑造业已存在的信息——并非污染,而是对其领地的恰当运用。
不过,也有一些运用的方式越过了红线。失谐显然就在此列。渡鸦对任何试图引导或建造失谐池的人都非常严厉,如果觉得必要,会在矩阵层面对付他们的同时,派出物理世界中的小队追踪他们。

剧透 -   :
Description: Every large group in the world needs its more militant arm, and that’s what the Ravens are to KivaNet. While the larger membership seeks to under- stand and preserve the Resonance realms, the Ravens exact vengeance against those who they feel are mistreating the realms.
That’s a difficult, perhaps impossible job. The realms are flooded with billions of pieces of new data each day. While some might see all of that as a form of pollution, the Ravens don’t see it that way. The realms are bastions of information, so putting more information there—or, as some theorists would have it, shaping the information that already exists there—is not pollution, but an appropriate use of the territory.
There are some uses, though, that cross the line. Dissonance is an obvious one. The Ravens are harsh on anyone who attempts to introduce or build dissonance pools, dealing with them on a Matrix level while sending physical teams after them if they feel it’s necessary.
他们也反对在共鸣诸域中建墙或分隔,后者旨在保护虚拟要塞中的特定数据库。对某些公司来说,建立这样的要塞是应对共鸣诸域带来的安保问题的唯一方式,但渡鸦并不买账。如果有人试图在共鸣诸域中建立起限制接入和运输的结构,渡鸦就会试图将其打破。当然,如果他们知道的话。共鸣诸域极其辽阔,所以了解所有人在做的所有事情是不可能的。不过,共鸣诸域某种程度上说是可以搜索的。当然这并不是以我们的那种形式。你不能进入到共鸣诸域里,拉出一些窗口,输进去几个字符,然后就被导向了你寻找的文件。并没有这么容易。但那些对诸域有经验的人告诉我,在这些地方有特定而离奇的潜在逻辑,所以如果你能把自己与它协调,你就能找到用其他方法要花上好多年甚至无穷的时间才能找到的数据库。另一些人则说这种协调实际上在人的脑子里,而少有几次人们能比预想中更快找到目标则完全是因为狗屎运。
剧透 -   :
They also are opposed to efforts to build up walls or partitions in parts of the realms, securing certain stores of data in virtual fortresses. To some corps, building such fortresses is the only way to deal with the security concerns the realms present, but the Ravens will not stand for it. If anyone tries to build structures into the realms that limit access and transit, the Ravens will attempt to break it down. Assuming, of course, they know about it. The realms are vast, so knowing everything people are attempting to do in them is impossible. The realms, though, also appear to be somewhat searchable. Not in our terms, of course. You can’t just get to the realms, pull up some window, punch in a few words, and be directed to the file you’re looking for. It’s not that easy. But those with experience in the realms tell me that there is a certain bizarre, underlying logic to the place, and if you are able to attune yourself to it, you can find data stores that otherwise would have taken years or eons to find. Others say that this attunement is in people’s heads, and that the only times people are able to find things faster than they expected is due to sheer dumb luck.
不过,如果这种协调真实存在,渡鸦的确掌握了它。我从很多和公司有关系的人那里听说了许多共鸣诸域中建设的偏僻又安全的小型站点的报告,没想到渡鸦会突然冒出来并且把站点破坏掉。无论他们在共鸣诸域中拥有什么资源,无论他们在使用的是什么工具,都绝对相当厉害。
就像你可能已经猜到的,渡鸦对接收新成员非常严格,要求其成员完全忠诚。就我所知,所有的成员都是美洲原住民;而且我不知道他们是不是都有NAN的SIN(甚至有没有SIN)。所有的成员都是超链者,而且都技艺纯熟。如果你不是超链,或者技艺不精,就没有机会加入这一组织。一旦你加入之后,你就被要求完全忠诚。开除是预计的惩罚中最轻的一种;我能说的就是,我没听任何人在外逛游的时候声称自己是前渡鸦。

剧透 -   :
If this attunement exists, though, the Ravens have it. I’ve heard reports from a lot of corp-connected people of small, secure, out-the-way sites being developed in the realms, only to have the Ravens swoop in from out of nowhere and break things down. Whatever sources they have in the realms, whatever tools they are using, are obviously pretty good.
As you might expect, the Ravens are strict in who they accept and demand full loyalty from their members. As far as I know all of the members are Aboriginal Americans; I don’t know if all of them also have NAN SINs (or any SINs) at all, for that matter. All of the members are technomancers, and all of them are very skilled. If you are not a techno and not good at what you do, you have no chance of being considered for membership. Once you’re in, your full loyalty is expected. Expulsion is the least of the punishments you can expect; all I can say is I don’t know anyone walking around who claims to be an ex-Raven.
> 问题是这样的——超链者用共鸣作为矩阵和我们头脑之间的某种媒介。所以它会直接进入我们的大脑。如果你能控制它,你就能对人们的脑子做坏事,也就意味着如果有还活着的前渡鸦,他们也会在某处的精神病房里目光呆滞。
> Netcat

剧透 -   :
> Here’s the issue—technomancers use Resonance as a sort of intermediary between the Matrix and our minds. So it flows right into our brains. If you can control it, you can do bad things to people’s heads, meaning that if there are ex-Ravens still alive, they’re likely wide-eyed and gaping in a psych ward somewhere.
> Netcat
« 上次编辑: 2018-07-16, 周一 13:07:43 由 妖猫 »

离线 妖猫

• Hero
现实骇客 REALITY HACKERS
成员:30
约束:忠诚,保密
资源/会费:中等。成员在帮派任务中所得需要把20%交还给帮派。他们据说以皮阿拉普为根据地,但他们有一个还是多个设施,或者是否经常改变据点则完全不知。根据与成员的物理会面的报告和他们使用设备的状况,他们似乎很有钱。

剧透 -   :
Members: 30
Strictures: Loyalty, Secrecy
Resources/Dues: Middle. Members give twenty percent of any proceeds they get from gang missions back to the gang. They are reputedly based in Puyallup, but whether they have a single facility, multiple facilities, or they regularly move from place to place is unknown. Based on reports of meeting with members physically and the condition of the devices they use, they seem to have decent means.
描述:电子骑士大大咧咧地显摆自己,而现实骇客则行踪诡秘。电子骑士想的是给他们做的事情贴上标签,把他们做过哪些恶作剧的事实烙在人们心里;而现实骇客把完成不可能之事视作其目的。两者的方式都各有长处,但我从共事过的小队来跟你讲——如果我们需要一点自己这边的矩阵协助(这肯定不是我加入之后的事,不过别在意),十次里有九次我会和现实骇客一起。
剧透 -   :
Description: While the Electric Knights are big and showy, the Reality Hackers are stealthy. The Electric Knights worry about branding what they do and rubbing the fact that they pulled off certain pranks in people’s faces; the Reality Hackers figure pulling off the impossible is its own reward. There are merits to each approach, but I’ll tell you this from the teams I’ve worked with—if we need a little Matrix assistance on the side (which should never be the case when I’m on board, but never mind), nine times out of ten I’d go with the Reality Hackers.
> 那些更有一点创造力,懂得又吵又显眼的技术能够如何成为自己武器的人可能会变一变这一比例。
> Puck

剧透 -   :
> People who are a little more creative about how big-and-loud techniques can be worked into their repertoire would probably shift that ratio.
> Puck
现实骇客的隐秘意味着很难列出他们都做了什么。他们曾经入侵五行和布莱克海文投资公司(Brackhaven Investments)之间的一大笔资产转移,为他们自己折下资产转移中的一部分吗?他们曾经从幸福MFID*数据库里抹去他们成员和盟友的信息吗?他们渗透进了魅力联合公司(Charisma Associates)的私有主机,调整了一份关于新款单座直升机的市场报告,然后,尽管报告的乐观预测,计划依然宣告破产,他们则通过卖空股票赚了个盆满钵满?他们搞坏了波士顿残杀队的智能链、通讯链和其他数据流,让他们在最终决赛输给了西雅图尖叫者队,同时让那些给尖叫者下注的人得到了不错的回报?这些问题的答案都是“也许吧”。
译注:Market Forecasting and Information Department,市场预测与情报部
剧透 -   :
The secrecy of the Reality Hackers means that it’s tricky to make a long list of the jobs they have pulled off. Did they get a tap into a large transfer between Wuxing and Brackhaven Investments and break off a piece of the transfer for themselves? Did they scrub information about their members and allies from Shiawase MFID databases? Did they infiltrate a Charisma Associates private host, alter a marketing report about a new one-seater ’copter, then make a bundle short-selling stock when the project tanked, despite the optimistic report? Did they mess with Boston Massacre’s smarlinks, comms, and other data streams, costing them a playoff game against the Seattle Screamers while providing a nice bonus to people who bet on the Screamers? The answer to all of those is “maybe.”
注意上面列出来的这些情况中大多数都有些相关联的经济获益。现实骇客比起大多数其他矩阵帮派都要有财政意识得多,所以他们会确保定期有新円流入帮派的金库,无论这些金库可能在什么地方。
对于医疗的需要来自于现实骇客众所周知地擅长打架,矩阵或者其他的都是。他们一直以来都在将矩阵技术和物理战斗相结合的最前沿,无论是骇入赛博改造来把附近的AR塑造为让人迷失方向的图案,还是让所有与矩阵相连又能移动的东西变成潜在的友方资源。
考虑到他们的技能和他们唯利是图的倾向,现实骇客可能能够出借矩阵支援,或是提供关键情报。问题还是如何找到他们,因为他们可不给自己做广告。如果你想要现实骇客的支援,去找你所有的地下矩阵人脉。还有确保你身上没有沾染老大哥的气味,因为他们立马就会嗅到这股味道。

剧透 -   :
Note most of those scenarios listed above have some associated financial gain. The Reality Hackers are much more fiscally conscious than a lot of other Matrix gangs. They want to have the latest gear and good medical care, so they make sure regular nuyen flow into gang coffers, wherever those may be.
The need for medical care comes from the fact that the Reality Hackers are known to be good in any kind of fighting, Matrix or otherwise. They have long been at the cutting edge of integrating Matrix tactics with physical combat, from hacking cyberware to shaping surrounding AR into disorienting patterns to making anything Matrix connected and capable of movement into a potential asset.
Given their skills and their mercenary tendencies, the Reality Hackers may be available for lending Matrix support or providing crucial information. The trick is finding them, as they do not advertise. If you want the support of the Reality Hackers, work every underground Matrix contacts you have. And be sure you don’t have the stink of The Man on you, because they’ll smell it in a heartbeat.
> 所以要找到他们,我得要认识一个矩阵骇入资格很老,对权威相当不尊重,还要对骇客世界中许多玩家有所了解的人。Slamm-0!,你感兴趣开个会吗?
> Marcos
> 你还应该聪明到把这样的信息发私信,而不是把它发到这种许多眼睛都能看到的论坛上。
> Slamm-0!

剧透 -   :
> So to find them, I’d need to know someone who had long experience with Matrix hacking, a certain disrespect for authority, and a knowledge of a lot of the players in the hacking world. Slamm-0!, would you be interested in taking a meeting?
> Marcos
> You also should be smart enough to send messages like that privately, instead of posting them on any sort of forum that lots of eyes can see.
> Slamm-0!
对于如何加入现实骇客,我没有什么有用的建议。他们需要的只有有技能、知道如何在战斗中表现自己的骇客,这似乎会限制他们可能的成员数量,但我知道在西雅图区域有一些人符合这一描述,却从来没有现实骇客以任何方式去联系他们的迹象。他们显然会只会招纳那些他们愿意招纳的人,而且并没有任何靠得住的强迫他们的办法。
剧透 -   :
I have no useful advice on how to join the Reality Hackers. Their need for skilled hackers who know how to acquit themselves well in a fight would seem to narrow their potential field of members, but I know of a few people matching that description in the Seattle area who have never had any indication that the Reality Hackers are reaching out to them in any way. They apparently will recruit whom they will, and there is no reliable way to force their hand.

技彩之流 TECHNICOLOR STREAMS
成员:50
约束:会费
资源/会费:高端。会费为每月300新円。成员会被全球的尾旋(Tailspin)、技彩之翼(Technicolor Wings)和技彩之流(Technicolor Streams)的场地所认证。

剧透 -   :
Members: 50
Strictures: Dues
Resources/Dues: High. Dues are 300 nuyen per month. Members are recognized at Tailspin, Technicolor Wings, and Technicolor Streams locations across the globe.
描述:技彩之翼帝国找到了解决组织成长烦恼的新方法,继续茁壮成长。在早些年,这一走私组织开设了尾旋俱乐部。技彩之翼继续维持着他们作为合法航运组织的掩护,表面上将连锁俱乐部用作技师和飞行员闲谈休闲的地方。连锁俱乐部的另一个功能就是招募新人,用休闲的氛围了解一下新来的人,看看他们作为成员能够发挥什么作用。
剧透 -   :
Description: The Technicolor Wings empire continues to grow as they find new ways to address some of the organization’s growing pains. In the earlier part of the decade, the smuggling organization opened up their Tailspin clubs. Continuing their cover as a legitimate shipping organization, TW used the chain ostensibly as a place where their gearheads and flight jockeys could swap tales and relax. An additional function of the chain was recruiting people, using the casual atmosphere to get a feel for newcomers and see what they might be able to offer as members.
问题在于,开始有关于其目的的闲言碎语传出来,而人们开始把尾旋顾客的情报作为追踪技彩之翼成员和他们小队的方式。从一开始对矩阵安保的需求就很高,而随着新矩阵到来,它只会变得越发强烈。技彩之翼有一些关于新协议的内部数据——毕竟他们提供的服务在很多公司眼里非常有用,而且他们本身就是一家公司——但他们也知道当局在觉得有需要的时候,可能会更容易偷偷摸摸溜进他们的数据库。技彩之翼加快了他们对技艺纯熟骇客的征召(包括),并且集合了新成员中最好的一些,组建了一个精英骇客公司,被称为技彩之流。
剧透 -   :
Trouble was, word started getting out about that purpose, and people started seeing Tailspin customer information as a way of tracking down TW members and their teams. The need for Matrix security was strong from the start, and it only increased with the new Matrix. TW got some insider status with the new protocols—they provide a service many corps view as useful, after all, and they are a corp themselves—but they also know that the authorities might have an easier time of sneaking a peek into their databases whenever they think it might be useful. Technicolor Wings accelerated their recruiting of skilled hackers (including dealers and technomancers), and they gathered the best of their recruits into an elite hacking corps known as Technicolor Streams.
虽然技彩之流最首要的任务就是提高尾旋的安保,但他们也有许多其他的任务。骇入在走私活动中发挥着至关重要的作用,而技彩之流变成了技彩之翼成员跨越严格边境时向其寻求建议的顾问。在他们需要的不只是建议的情况下,他们会带着一名技彩之流的成员出发。
由于技彩之翼的大多数生意都要跨越国际和治外法权边境,技彩之流也在国际和公司法方面培养出了相当的专业素养。这并不意味着他们是能够代表你或者别的什么的律诗——这只是意味着他们能帮你弄清楚在跨越边境的时候需要什么,又不需要什么。而且他们能对如何规避这些要求提供建议。当然,他们也对国内主机的最新发展有着相当可观的知识,所以如果你需要这一方面的信息,可以去找他们。

剧透 -   :
While they were initially tasked with increasing security at Tailspin locations, Technicolor Streams have taken on many more tasks. Hacking can play a vital role in smuggling operations, and TS has become a go-to consultant for TW members looking for advice on crossing tough borders. When they need more than advice, they go ahead and take a TS member with them.
Since so much of TW business involves crossing international and extraterritorial boundaries, TS has also developed a significant expertise on international and corporate law. That doesn’t mean they’re lawyers who can represent you or anything—it just means they can help you know what is required and what isn’t when doing a border crossing. And they can provide advice on how to weasel around those requirements. They also, of course, have a considerable knowledge of the latest developments in national hosts, so if you need information on that subject, they’re the ones to turn to.
他们有相当可观经验的另一个领域是矩阵安保,特别是防御方面。就在连锁俱乐部开门后不久,尾旋就在主机战斗方面树立了名声,因为许多想成为狂奔者的崇拜者对于证明自己就是想成为的人有些过分焦虑,所以会去挑战所有能挑战的人(技彩之翼或技彩之流成员的好处之一就是能去仅限成员的尾旋场所,能把自己和那些崇拜者隔绝开)。同样的倾向也延伸到了技彩之翼的主机,因为很多人想出聪明的办法,要通过闯进主机来让给这一组织留下深刻的印象。这些,再加上想挖掘尾旋顾客和技彩之翼员工污点的公司,你就知道平常试图骇入的有哪些了。技彩之流的骇客有许多工作要做,但他们不想把时间花在作为安保蜘蛛上。他们努力把系统设计为自动且高效,而且他们对自动矩阵安保技术的了解绝对是最一流的。
剧透 -   :
The other subject area where they have considerable expertise is Matrix security, particularly when it comes to defense. Soon after the chain opened, Tailspin gained a reputation for hosting fights, as wannabe shadowrunners were a little over-anxious to prove themselves by challenging whoever they could (one of the benefits of TS or TW membership is access to members- only areas of Tailspin locations, separating you from the wannabes). That same attitude has extended to TW hosts, as people get the bright idea that they can impress the organization by breaking into their hosts. Pile them on top of the corps looking for dirt on Tailspin customers and TW personnel, and you get regular hack attempts. TS hackers have a lot of work on their hands, but they don’t want to have to spend their time acting as security spiders. They work hard to design systems that are automated but effective, and their knowledge of automated Matrix security techniques is bleeding edge.

行者 THE WALKING PEOPLE
成员:60
约束:活动、会费
资源/会费:寄居。会费为每年50新円。这一团体有一个私人主机,没有任何现实世界的场所。

剧透 -   :
Members: 60
Strictures: Activity, Dues
Resources/Dues: Squatter. Dues are 50 nuyen per year. The group has a single private host and no physical locations.
描述:这一组织已经下定决心,一定要从每个遇到的矩阵循环中存活下来。他们曾经是一个宅客部族,名为“导路者(Router)”。他们一度被崩溃2.0的一众事件拆散和改变,而随着超链者的浮现,他们再度结合在一起,支持他们之中那些获得了这些新能力的人。
虽然生活对于超链者来说并不完全安全,某些最初的恐慌已被减轻,而行者的活动也拓展了许多。他们接受了许多碟客加入——超链者曾经大约占总数的一半,而现在比例减少到了大约三分之一。他们也需要应对一个新的矩阵,所以侧重点一定程度上从帮助超链者从整个世界手里活下来,变成了帮助所有人从GOD手里活下来。

剧透 -   :
Description: This is a group bound and determined to survive every iteration of the Matrix that comes their way. They once were an otaku tribe called the “Routers.” They were scattered and changed by the events of Crash 2.0, and following the Emergence of technomancers they banded together to support those among their membership who gained these new abilities.
While life is not exactly safe for technomancers, some of the initial panic has lessened, and the activities of the Walking People have broadened. They have adopted more deckers into their numbers—technomancers used to be about half of their numbers, but now that is down to about a third. They also have a new Matrix to deal with, so some of the emphasis has shifted from helping technomancers survive the world to helping everyone survive GOD.
虽然他们十分分散,但大多数成员都在欧洲,这让他们成为欧洲大陆上矩阵知识最好的集合体之一,即便他们从来没有在物理意义上集合过。
随着团体的成长和成熟,他们采取了相当明显的新-无政府主义风格。他们已经看过了这一新的、中央集权的矩阵,发现它几乎在所有方面都有所欠缺。那么,问题就是要对此做什么。对公司主机的随机破坏很有趣,但它不会造成实质的长期影响。60名会员只付最少程度的会费,都不足以扳倒当地市议员,更不要说超级企业了,所以如果他们想要起到效果,他们就得足够聪明,足够小心。

剧透 -   :
While they are scattered, most of the members are based in Europe, making them one of the best collectives of Matrix knowledge on the continent—even though they are not collected in any physical sense.
As the group has grown and matured, they have taken on a distinctly neo-anarchist flavor. They’ve looked at this new, centrally controlled Matrix and found it lacking in almost every respect. The question, then, is what to do about it. Random vandalism to corporate hosts is fun, but has no real long-term effect. Sixty people paying a minimum of dues is not enough to take on a local alderman, let alone a megacorporation, so if they are going to have any effect, they have to be smart and careful.
对他们来说很幸运的是,他们大多数人在柏林蔓城区活动,就在大陆的中心附近。如果新-无政府主义要有世界级的影响,它就会从柏林开始,而行者就要在那里促进其发展。最近,他们开始专门研究从矩阵结构层建立主机,供给小组织使用,给他们一个虚拟世界的立脚点。最终,行者变得对深层狂奔非常技艺纯熟。这一策略非常危险,甚至可能会让他们损失一些成员,所以他们在招募新成员来帮他们增强实力,同时替代潜在的损失。他们不能公开招募,但他们也不像列表上的其他团体那么隐居。问问那些可能了解新-无政府主义者的人,很可能你就能找到一条路径,然后不多久,最终就能见到行者的成员。
剧透 -   :
Fortunately for them, near the center of the continent where most of them are based is the Berlin sprawl. If neo-anarchists are going to have a worldwide impact, it’s going to start in Berlin, and the Walking People are going to be there to help. Lately, they’ve taken to specializing in building hosts from the foundation of the Matrix for small organizations, giving them a foothold in the virtual world. As a result, the Walking People have become very skilled at deep runs. It’s a dangerous strategy, one that’s likely to cost them a few members, so they are recruiting new members to help them build strength as well as replace potential losses. They can’t recruit openly, but they are also not as reclusive as some of the other groups on this list. Ask around to the people likely to know neo-anarchists, and you are likely to find the start of a trail that, before long, will end in one of the Walking People.
如果你想加入行者,记得这不是那种你加入后可以使用成员的俱乐部会所之类的地方。他们有一个不错的主机,但没有物理设施,而且他们找的也不是出去一起逛街的人。如果你要报名加入,你就得在团体活动中主动一些。了解结构层、参加深层狂奔、帮助柏林的团体保护其信息等等。如果你一年都没有为了理想做什么事,你很可能会发现自己的成员资格突然失效。
剧透 -   :
If you’re thinking about joining the Walking People, remember that this is not the type of group you join so you can use the members’ clubhouse or anything. They have a decent host but no physical facilities, and they are not looking for people who are just going to hang out. If you are going to sign up, you need to be active in group activities. Learn about foundations, go on deep runs, help groups in Berlin protect their information, that sort of thing. If you spend a year not doing anything for the cause, you’re likely to find your membership suddenly expired.
> 他们基本上在欧洲活动,但也不完全如此。我在波哥大的时候曾经充分借用过他们的力量,不过我不能说我真的知道那些帮过我的成员是在哪里开展工作的。
> Aufheben

剧透 -   :
> They are mostly in Europe but not exclusively. I have made good use of them in my time in Bogotá, though I won’t say exactly where the members that helped me were working from.
> Aufheben

引用
团体资源 GROUP RESOURCES
团体资源的类别相当于生活方式等级(p. 369, SR5),表明通常来说团体有哪些可以随意使用的东西。以下是每个类别更详细的定义。

奢华:团体有很精致的总部,装修全面而豪华。这是那种可能会吸引单纯想要享受其氛围的访客的地方。总部有硬件设施,而分部配有硬件工坊。他们还有一些其他供给成员的地点,包括提供中等生活方式的房屋。这一类的主机等级应当会在8到10之间。

高端:团体有个中央总部,不过并不像奢华等级那么厉害或高调。也有一些更小的分部事务所。所有场所都有一个硬件工坊。中央场所会提供中等生活方式的住房,但分部并非如此。这一类别团体的主机等级通常是在6到9之间。

中等:这一类别的团体有一个场所具有硬件工坊。他们不会为成员提供住房。他们的主机通常等级在4到8之间。

低端:这些团体的中央场所只有很稀少很轻度的装潢,如果还有的话。主机通常等级从3到6。其场所配有硬件工具箱。

寄居:这一组织并没有一个能称作家的地方,没有常用的工具、工坊或是设施,而且肯定无法提供任何住房。主机等级通常在1到5之间。

街头:这一团体除了其成员的才智之外一无所有——或许还有个1到3级的主机。

剧透 -   :
The group resource categories correspond to Lifestyle levels (p. 369, SR5) and indicate generally what the group has at its disposal. Here are some more specific definitions of each category.
Luxury: The group has a dedicated headquarters that is fully and nicely furnished. It is the sort of place that might attract visitors wishing to simply bask in the ambiance. The central location has a Hardware facility, while the satellite locations have a Hardware shop. They also have other sites for members, including housing that provides a Middle lifestyle. Ratings of hosts in this category should be between 8 and 10.
High: The group has a central headquarters, though not as fancy or high-profile as those in the Luxury class. There are also smaller satellite offices. All locations have a Hardware shop. The central location may provide Middle lifestyle housing, but the satellite locations do not. Ratings of hosts for groups in this category generally should be from 6 to 9.
Middle: Groups in this category have a single location that includes a Hardware shop. They do not have any housing for members. Their hosts generally are rated between 4 and 8
Low: Any central locations these groups have are sparse and lightly furnished, if at all. Hosts generally are rated from 3 to 6. The location contains a Hardware kit.
Squatter: Without a real place to call home, the organization has no tools, shops, or facilities for common use, and they certainly cannot provide any housing. Hosts generally range from Rating 1 to 5
Street: This group has nothing besides the individual talents of its members—and maybe a host between Rating 1 and 3.
« 上次编辑: 2018-07-19, 周四 02:15:07 由 妖猫 »