【StS】寻踪溯源p43-p55
« 于: 2017-11-16, 周四 22:22:14 »
时间线:2075

PATIENT ZERO
POSTED BY: CLOCKWORK
零号病人
发帖人:Clockwork
剧透 -   :
Throughout history, all instances of communicable infection—bacteriological, viral, or technological—contain something called an index case, also known by the less dehumanizing term “patient zero.” Each major epidemic in modern history can be traced back to a patient zero who serves as the source of the spread of infection. Sometimes the index case isn’t even the first real case of infection at all. Patient zero might be a particular case that points backward to the root of the contagion. Sometimes patient zero doesn’t exhibit any symptoms at all or even realize she’s infected.
Take Mary Mallon, for example, a.k.a. Typhoid Mary. Back in the early twentieth century, Mary seemed perfectly healthy, but she ended up infecting more than fifty people with typhoid fever over the years. Took doctors and researchers a long time to figure out that she was an asymptomatic carrier: she could infect other people, but she never suffered from the disease herself. (Once they figured this out, she was placed under quarantine for nearly thirty years.) Her case was small—fifty-some people hardly constitutes an epidemic when you look at the crazy shit that would emerge less than a hundred years later. But ol’ Typhoid Mary demonstrates the importance of finding patient zero. Even medical professionals from more than two hundred years ago—considered ancient and barbaric by a modern street doc’s standards—found benefit in learning the source of a disease.
纵观历史,所有通过交互传播的感染——细菌、生物病毒或是科技病毒——都有所谓索引病例,也有另一个不那么缺乏人性的称呼:“零号病人”。现代历史中每次大规模流行病都能追溯到一名零号病人,即指向感染根源的病人。有时零号病人没有任何病症,甚至没意识到自己被感染。
例如玛丽·马隆,也就是“伤寒玛丽”。20世纪初期,玛丽看起来非常健康,但在若干年中,她最终让超过五十人染上伤寒,医生和研究者们用了很长时间才弄清楚她是个无症状携带者:她可以感染其他人,而自己却不会被这种疾病困扰。(他们研究出这点后,玛丽被隔离安置了将近三十年。)她的案例较小——五十人,对比不到一百年之后出现的这疯狂的破事,这点人根本算不上流行病。但老伤寒玛丽表明了找到零号病人的重要性。就连两百多年前的医疗业者——以现代街头医生的标准,称得上原始和野蛮——都知道研究出疾病源头的益处。
剧透 -   :
> I was about to make a joke about FastJack probably having known Typhoid Mary, but then I realized he’d never see it, and now the joke no longer feels appropriate.
> Slamm-0!
> Too late for that.
> Glitch
> Cut the guy a break. I have every confidence that ’Jack will see it eventually and maybe get a laugh out of it. Even if it was in poor taste.
> Bull
>我刚打算开玩笑说快杰克可能认识伤寒玛丽,然后就意识到他再也看不到了,这个笑话一点也不合适。
>Slamm-0
>说得太迟了。
>Glitch
>放过他吧。我坚信杰克最后会读到的,可能还会笑笑。哪怕笑话很无聊。
>Glitch
剧透 -   :
Other examples of famous index cases include people such as MabaloLokela, the first recorded victim of the Ebola virus in 1976. Then there’s MinatiMehra, the first known case of VITAS in 2010, and Fyodor Rodchenko, patient zero for VITAS II. The list goes on. Finding patient zero can help identify the infection vector for a disease— how it gets passed along. This comes in real handy when folks are confronted by a completely new disease or by a mutated strain of an existing disease that behaves or transmits in a completely different way. In the case of Typhoid Mary, for instance, all the Health Department knew was that people Mary cooked for got sick. Once doctors learned of this, they figured out that Mary was passing the contagion by not washing her hands while cooking.
其他著名的索引病例包括马巴罗·洛格拉,1976年第一位有记录的埃博拉病毒受害者。还有MinatiMehra,2010年第一例已知VITAS病例,以及Fyodor Rodchenko,VITAS二型的零号病人。名单可以继续。找到零号病人有助与确认疾病的感染途径——它是如何传播的。当面对一种全新的疾病,又或者当现有病菌变异为症状或传播方式完全不同的疾病时,这办法就十分便利。例如伤寒玛丽的病例,卫生部所知道的就是,吃玛丽做的饭的人的了病。当医生们得知了这点,他们推论出所有的感染都是因为她做饭时没有洗手。
剧透 -   :
> Not washing her hands? What a Philistine. No wonder people got sick.
> Pistons
> It’s a valid point, though. A normal person wouldn’t have passed on typhoid fever just by preparing food with dirty hands. But Mary was a healthy carrier, which made it that much easier for her to transmit the disease.
> Butch
> How do we know she didn’t try to get people sick on purpose? I mean, if I were an asymptomatic carrier of some nasty bug, I’d probably try to see how many people I could infect before I was found out. Y’know, for the sake of science. And morbid curiosity.
> 2XL
> That’s because you’re also a Philistine.
> Pistons
> You know me far too well.
> 2XL
>不洗手?真是没教养,怪不得人们会得病
>Pistons
>这样就说得通了。一个正常人不会只是因为用脏手做饭就把伤寒热传给别人。但玛丽是个健康的带菌者,这让她更容易传播疾病。
>Butch
>我们怎么知道她不是故意让别人得病?我是说,如果我携带什么难搞的虫子,又没有症状,我可能会试试看在被发现前能感染多少人。就是,为了科学。还有病态的好奇。
>Pistons
>这说明你也没教养。
>2XL
>你太了解我。
>Pistons
剧透 -   :
The principles and thinking that govern biological epidemics also apply to technologically based epidemics—computer viruses, for those who don’t speak technobabble—though they usually apply in different ways. Depending on how a virus is first transmitted, patient zero can be one system, any number of systems, or a piece of a system.
Back in the old days—before the Matrix, that is— computer viruses passed via physical media. You popped in a disk—a flat, flexible plastic square about the size of a printed book—that contained the virus. When the computer turned on, it would read the disk and become infected. When the virus code ran, it might cause any number of computer issues. Someone would give the disk to someone else, and the virus would transmit to the next person in line. As soon as the disk stopped changing hands, the virus would stop propagating, end of story. But that first computer to slot and scan the disk? That’s our patient zero, acting just like our Typhoid Mary, complete with unwashed hands.
支配着生物流行病的法则和思维方式也被用于科技性的流行病——对那些不说术语的人来说,则是电脑病毒——但方式有所不同。根据病毒首次传播的方式,零号病人可以是某个系统、多个系统,又或者是系统的一部分。
旧时——我是说,在矩阵出现前——电脑病毒经物理媒介传播。你插入有病毒的磁盘——一种扁平、有弹性的方形塑料,和一本书那么大。电脑打开后读取磁盘随后被感染。病毒代码运行时可能导致各种计算机问题。有某人把磁盘交给别的某人,病毒也随之传播给下一个人。只要磁盘停止流通,病毒传播也会停止,完结。但第一台插入磁盘并扫描的电脑?这就是我们的零号病人,就和我们没洗手的风寒玛丽一样。
剧透 -   :
Once computers gained the ability to network with each other, virus propagation became even more fun. Instead of infecting one computer at a time, a virus could theoretically transmit to any systems that were connected to it. Some hacker writing the virus code could send it—via a Trojan-horse packet or a brute-force executable—to one computer or to many. Then, like a spider web, the infection would pass from patient(s) zero to the next set of index cases, and so on and so on, until the virus could theoretically hit every single networked device on the planet. That’s how Crash 2.0 became  a global pandemic literally overnight. And some folks believe that’s how the Crash of ’29 happened.
当计算机获得相互间联网的能力,病毒传播变得更有趣了。相比一次感染一台电脑,病毒理论上能感染所有与之连接的系统。有些骇客编写的病毒代码能够自我发送给一台或多台电脑——通过特洛伊木马式的数据包或暴力运行。随后,如同蜘蛛网,感染便从零号病人(不止一个)传播至下一组索引病例,如此继续,理论上直到病毒攻击了地球上所有联网的设备为止。这就是崩溃2.0如何在一夜之间传染全球。有人相信29年崩溃也是这样发生的。
剧透 -   :
The CFD virus seems to have characteristics of both a biological contagion and a computer virus. Someone could probably fill me in and confirm my suspicions that the virus doesn’t spread through personal contact—if it did, we’d probably all be affected by now—but it affects the brain, which is a wholly biological component. (Though you can augment the brain with ’ware of various stripes, it’s still at heart a meat computer.) However, the CFD virus seems to have a connection with technology as well, which we’ll get to later.
My question is, does the CFD virus have a Typhoid Mary? Could someone be an asymptomatic carrier? Could they be symptom-free yet still be able to transmit the virus to someone, either unwittingly or purposefully?
CFD病毒似乎同时有着生物病菌和电脑病毒两种的特征。有人或许肯给我介绍一下,证实我的怀疑——即CFD无法通过个体接触传播,如果可以,我们现在大概都已经被影响了。但它能影响大脑这个完全生物的器官。(虽然你可以用不同殖装增强大脑,但它本质上还是肉体计算机。)但CFD病毒似乎又与技术有联系,我们之后会提到。
我的问题是,CFD病毒有伤寒玛丽吗?有人会是无症状携带者吗?他们能否不出现病症却依然能将病毒传播给他人,不管是有心还是无意?
剧透 -   :
> I’m guessing Clockwork wrote all this before Butch had more of a handle on what was really going on medically. However, CW does bring up a really valid point: is something like an asymptomatic CFD infectee even possible? I doubt a “carrier” of CFD would work in the same way as Typhoid Mary did, but I wonder if it would be possible to have the infection but have it never surface for whatever reason.
> Pistons
> I think it’s possible, at least in terms of computer systems. Sometimes malignant code—viral or otherwise—just doesn’t take hold in a system for some reason. Maybe the code mutated. Maybe the system is inoculated against a certain virus, but the virus code still sits there, waiting until the device connects to another device that’s not inoculated or otherwise susceptible to the virus’s “genetic” makeup. Meanwhile, the infecting system sits there without any problems.
> Icarus
>我猜这些是Clockwork在Butch对现在的情况有更多医学了解之前写的。但CW确实提出了一个很合理的观点:无症状CFD感染者真的可能存在吗?我怀疑CFD的“携带者”和伤寒玛丽有相同运作方式,但更好奇是否可能发生被感染但完全没出现症状的情况,不管什么原因。
>Pistons
>我认为是可能的,至少对计算机系统来说。有时恶意代码——病毒或其它东西——就是因为某些原因没能占领系统。可能代码变异了。可能这个系统对特定病毒免疫。但病毒代码还在那里,等着这个设备连接到别的不能免疫病毒的设备,或者是对病毒的“基因”构成敏感的设备。与此同时,被感染的系统没有任何问题。
>Icarus
剧透 -   :
> Yeah, but CFD’s not just a string of malicious code. I’m just wondering if someone’s brain could be, I dunno, incompatible with the CFD virus somehow. Like when you try to run a program compiled for old Matrix protocols on a commlink versus running newly compiled programs on  a cyberdeck designed to run on the new Matrix grids. One works like a charm, the other is nearly useless. Or can someone’s brain reject CFD, either consciously or subconsciously?
> Pistons
> I think that’s possible, yes. The human brain is a tricky thing, full of complexities and a willingness to change how it works on the fly. We know where some functions tend to happen, but getting more details than that is tricky. Writing a biological virus that affects all metahuman brains the same way is tricky, to say the very least.
>Nephrine
>是,可CFD不只是一串恶意代码。我只是好奇会不会有的人的脑袋,不知怎么说,和CFD病毒不兼容?就像你想在通讯链上运行一个根据旧矩阵协议编译的程序,对比为新矩阵网域设计的碟板上运行新编译的程序。一个像魔法一样成功运行,另一个几乎没用。或者,会不会有人的大脑能拒斥CFD,不管是主动还是潜意识地?
>Pistons
>我认为是可能的,是的。人脑是很难搞的东西,各种复杂结构,还有能随时改变状态的意志。我们知道某些功能倾向于在哪里发生,但要知道更多细节可不是难搞那么简单。至少可以这么说,要写出能以同样方式影响所有泛人类大脑的生物病毒就很难搞。
>Nephrine
剧透 -   :
> I wonder, is it possible for an asymptomatic head case to be turned on somehow, like flicking a light switch? In other words, could the virus subtly mutate or recompile itself so that it is compatible with a previously incompatible brain, thus turning an asymptomatic into a full-blown infection case?
> Beaker
> Like if an asymptomatic carrier got within a certain distance of an infectee and the infectee triggers the carrier somehow? Kinda like a reverse Typhoid Mary thing? Or a brainwashed operative being activated with a specific trigger and going all Manchurian Candidate on somebody?
> Bull
>我好奇的是,无症状脑病患会因为某种原因转变吗,就像打开开关?就是说,病毒能悄悄地变异或者重编译自身,然后兼容原本不兼容的大脑,进而将无症状转变成完全感染病例,吗?
>Beaker
>比如无症状携带者靠近某个被感染者一定范围,然后这个被感染者激活了携带者?有点像倒转的风寒玛丽?还是像有特殊触发点的被洗脑者,成了针对某个人的“满洲里候选人*”?
>Bull
(译注:即不知情的刺客,来源于1962年同名电影。)
剧透 -   :
> Someone remind me: Why are we talking about Asian politics again?
> Slamm-0!
> Tsk, tsk. And here I thought you liked old flatvids.
> Bull
> Was it in black and white? Then no.
> Slamm-0!
> For those of you speculating, I’m working on compiling some case studies about this sort of thing. I expect to post the compilation later on. When you read it, I guarantee that wondering about asymptomatics will be the least of your worries.
> Butch
>有人提醒了我:为什么我们又说起亚洲政治了?
>Slamm-0
>啧啧,我还以为你喜欢老式平面电影呢。
>Bull
>黑白那种?那么我不喜欢。
>Slamm-0
>对于你们的猜测,我正在编写关于这类问题的病例研究。我估计会在稍晚把结果发出来。读完之后,我保证无症状者是你们最后要担心的事情。
>Butch

FOLLOWING THE TRAIL OF BREADCRUMBS
跟着面包屑

剧透 -   :
In my effort to track down our elusive patient zero, I began by building a database of all known (or suspected) CFD virus infectees, including our three members. From there, myself and a few trusted Matrix jockeys started working backward, trying to piece together a puzzle out of every bit of information we could find on our subjects. Using both benign and brute-force methods, we recorded everywhere the subjects went, everyone they talked to, every Matrix node they accessed, every chat log transcript we could get our hands on, every email or journal post they wrote, every online game they played, and so on. Granted, the results have some holes—we sure as hell weren’t able to find every single infectee and keep 24/7 tabs on his history—but we were able to gather enough data to put together a decent picture of what we’re dealing with.
在我追踪我们捉摸不定的零号病人的过程中,我开始建立所有已知(和疑似)CFD病毒感染者,包括三位我们的成员。以此为原点,我和几个可信的矩阵骑手(Jockey)开始回溯,想要把我们能找到的每一块目标信息都拼凑起来。我们既用了温和的也用了暴力的方法,记录下目标去了哪、和谁说过话、接入过哪个矩阵节点,还有我们能弄到的所有聊天记录文本、所有他们写的邮件和发的日志、所有玩过的在线游戏,等等。结果肯定有漏洞——我们确信不可能找到所有感染者并24/7地监视他们的动静——但我们收集的数据还是足够让我们对所面临的事物有个过得去的认识。
剧透 -   :
A large part of our study involved cross-referencing where head cases crossed paths with other head cases. This was intended to establish a sort of infection map and create some kind of framework for commonalities between different cases. Before we knew much about CFD, I expected to see the infectees cross paths often, indicating that the infection was passed from one carrier to another, along the patient-zero model. However, we saw something completely different. Infectees crossed paths and congregations—usually no more than two or three infectees at a time, with four being the largest group I tracked. And all meetings occurred after the subjects exhibited symptoms of Cognitive Fragmentation Disorder, not before. In fact, the meetings seemed to happen far more frequently the longer a subject was infected. You can see the result here [link].
我们的研究很大一部分包含交叉比对不同脑病患间活动交叉的情况,原本目的是建立起类似感染地图的东西,并且创建不同病患间共性框架。在我们深入了解CFD之前,我预计能看到感染者的活动范围有频繁交叉,能够指示出感染从一个携带者传递至另一个的模式,正如零号病人模型那样。但我们看到了截然不同的情况。感染者交叉和活动范围交叉每次只有2至3人,我追踪的最大一组是4人。并且所有的会面都是在目标显示出认知碎片化障碍症状之后,而不是之前。事实上,被感染时间越长,会面就越频繁。你可以在这里看到结果[链接]。
剧透 -   :
> After looking at this map and zooming out to a macro view, the movements of the infectees look suspiciously like a flow chart of Matrix architecture within a very, very complex network of nexi.
> Icarus
> Uh, what? Care to run that by us again?
> 2XL
> Icarus is reading too much into it. Any complex system at macro level can resemble Matrix architecture if one looks at it hard enough. Like one of those 2D magic-eye pictures.
> Pistons
>Lemme guess: you can’t see those pictures either?
> Slamm-0!
> No one can. They’re just a psych test to determine how truthful people are.
> Glitch
>看了这张地图之后,我把视野拉远到广域视野,感染者的行动很像非常、非常复杂的nexi*网络里的矩阵结构流程图。
>Icarus
>嗯,什么?介意在说一遍吗?
>2XL
>Icarus解读过度了。任何复杂系统在宏观上来看都会像矩阵结构,只要盯得足够久。就像那些2D魔术图片一样(magic-eye)。
>Pistons
>让我猜猜:你也看不到?
>Slamm-0
>没人能看到,那只是用来测验人们是否诚实罢了。
>Glitch
(*译注:nexi是一种高性能大型计算机,能运行的程序远多于普通节点,4E设定,详见Unwired)
剧透 -   :
Our hope in tracking all of these individuals was to see a pattern. We hoped to work backward and discover some point of commonality between all—or at least some—of these cases, perhaps some individual who crossed paths with all or most of the suspected infection cases. Following the infection patterns of both biological and technological means of transmission should have led to our Typhoid Mary, but it didn’t. Instead I saw that these cases seemingly popped up randomly and out of nowhere. One day, two suspected cases cropped up on opposite sides of the world, and for the life of me I couldn’t establish any thread of evidence connecting them—no Matrix connection, no magical relationship between them, nothing. These two, which should have been our patients zero, didn’t travel in remotely the same circle, even when taking twelve degrees of separation—or more, I lost interest after that—into account. Other cases that sprang up also seemed to occur randomly in all four corners of the globe.
The only exceptions we found were two cases that occurred much later than the initial infections: former JackPointersFastJack and Riser. Other than various shadow business, the only common point I’ve found between them was Celedyr’s Albuquerque facility. Now, that might seem to provide some plausible linkage between FastJack and Riser’s conditions, but it’s a very, very thin one even after I investigated it a bit further. It’s impossible to conclusively prove that the two even started exhibiting symptoms at the same time, and none of the other cases we tracked had ever set foot inside that facility, either physically, virtually, astrally—yes, I had some spellslinger friends check—or otherwise.
There is no patient zero, no index case, no Typhoid Mary for this thing. At least as far as myself and several distinguished colleagues can tell. And I’ll be honest, that scares me a little. Whatever happened to FastJack and the others is unlike any kind of disease—biological or digital—that I’ve ever seen.
我们希望跟踪所有个体从而发现某种模式。我们寄希望于通过回溯查找,从而发现这些病例之间的一些相同点——至少是其中一些人的相同点,比如某些个体的活动与其他大部分感染病例有交叉。遵循着生物上和技术上的传播方式以及它们的模式,理应让我们找到伤寒玛丽,但实际并非如此。相反,我看到这些病例似乎随机凭空出现。有一天,两个可疑病例在地球两端冒了出来,我打死也不能建立出任何能够将他们联系起来的线索——没有矩阵联系、魔法关系,什么都没有。这两个人,本应是我们的零号病人,完全没有到过相同的交际圈子,哪怕用十二度分隔理论或者再多几度也没用,总之我失去兴趣了。其它病例看起来也是在地球各个方向随机出现。
我们找到的唯二例外是在最初感染发生之后很久才出现:前接入点成员快杰克和莱瑟。除了各种暗影中的活计,我找到他们的相同点就剩塞勒迪尔*在阿尔布开克的设施。这个看起来或许能证明快杰克和莱瑟间有联系,但哪怕我稍微深入调查了一下之后,这种联系还是非常、非常薄弱,。甚至给出他们两个同时出现症状的结论都是不可能。我们追踪的其它病例也从未踏入这个设施,不论是物理的、虚拟的,还是星界的——是了,我让些会念咒的朋友查过——还是别的方式。
这东西没有零号病人,没有索引病例,也没有伤寒玛丽。至少这是我和几个专业人士的看法。老实说,我有点被吓到。无论快杰克和其他人身上发生了什么,都与我所见过的任何其它疾病不同——无论是生物疾病还是数字疾病。
(*译注: Celedyr,负责新网研发工作的龙。)
剧透 -   :
> You said you discovered two initial cases on opposite sides of the world. Wouldn’t those be the index cases? Wouldn’t those shed some light on how they contracted it?
> Pistons
> Technically, but they didn’t spread the infection. And I really couldn’t investigate them any further.
> Clockwork
> Why not? You could track everyone else.
> Pistons
> For the record, I did try. By the time I realized they were likely two of the earliest CFD cases, they disappeared from the grid entirely. No idea what happened to them. It’s as if they up and vanished. Only way I could tell they’d even existed was the trail of information they left behind on the Matrix. And even that was slowly starting to get erased faster than I could keep up.
> Clockwork
> If you’d asked politely, I could’ve checked the Resonance realms for the missing stuff.
>Netcat
> No offense, ’Cat, but after all this shit, I’m not in any mood to ask a technomancer for favors.
> Clockwork
> So the index cases that disappeared? I’m betting heavily on extraction.
> Pistons
> Hear there’s a lot of that going around lately.
> Glitch
>你说你在世界两端发现了两例初始病例。他们难道不能是索引病例?从他们的行为不能看出他们是如何染上的吗?
>Pistons
>技术上是可行的,但他们没有传播感染。而且我真的无法继续调查他们。
>Clockwork
>为什么不能?其他人你都能追踪。
>Pistons
>先声明,我确实试过了。但当我意识到他们可能是两个最早的CFD病例时,他们从网域上完全消失了。不知道发生了什么。就像凭空消失了一样。唯一让我能确定他们存在过的证据就是他们在矩阵上留下的痕迹。就连那些也被抹除得太快,比我收集的速度还要快。
>Clockwork
>如果你有礼貌地请我,我可以到共鸣领域查查不见的东西。
>Netcat
>无意冒犯,'Cat,但经过这些烂事之后,我没心情请超链帮忙。
>Clockwork
>也就是索引病例消失了?我打包票他们被移除 了。
>Pistons
>听说最近经常发生这种事。
>Glitch
« 上次编辑: 2018-02-27, 周二 18:58:52 由 NewAlbionDrone »
If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it's probably an Andrik

离线 NewAlbionDrone

• Knight
  • 帖子数: 590
  • 苹果币: 3
  • Vive la Monad!
Re: 【StS】寻踪溯源p43-p55(更新中……)
« 回帖 #1 于: 2017-11-21, 周二 18:49:25 »
END OF THE LINE
追寻的尽头

剧透 -   :
I may make it sound like finding and tracking all of these suspected CFD cases was easy—and maybe it was easier for me than it might be for some of you. But my buddies and I ran into some really interesting snags while doing all of this legwork.
我可能把找到再追踪所有这些CFD疑似病例说得很容易——对比你们,我找起来可能比较容易。但我和我的伙计跑腿的时候也碰上了一些相当有趣的小麻烦。

FALSE POSITIVES
假阳性

剧透 -   :
I spent quite some time anguishing over how to conclusively identify CFD cases for our tracking methods. We didn’t have a full battery of knowledge to go on at the time, and we could only rely on information from a few different sources, such as FastJack’s testimony. How did a suspected CFD case differ from, say, a normal case of dissociative personality disorder or your standard, dime-store psychosis? Or what about those cases who are far better at hiding their mental states from others?
我花了不少时间纠结追踪时如何最终确定CFD病例。那时我们还没有满格的知识,只能依靠来自若干不同来源的信息,比如快杰克的证词。CFD患者有什么不同,比如说,和普通解离性人格失调患者或者那些我们见多了的、烂大街的疯子有什么不同?那些更擅长隐藏自己的精神状况的病例又如何判断?
剧透 -   :
At first, we set some botnets and agents scouring the Matrix for any occurrences of personality disorder— which, I’ll admit, was much more difficult to accomplish on these new Matrix protocols than I’d originally hoped. In cases with symptoms that most closely matched FastJack’s, we delved in with a more personal touch—appropriating medical records, psychiatric transcripts, and so on, concentrating specifically on those individuals sporting augmentations. A few subjects that fell right on the fringes of the spectrum I observed myself—a few of them in person, even—just to ensure they were what we were looking for.
首先,我们让一些僵尸网络和代理在矩阵上搜寻任何人格障碍的发生情况——我得承认,新矩阵协议下这比我原本希望的要困难。对于那些症状和快杰克最吻合的病例,我们用更为私人的手段继续深挖——窃取医疗记录、精神疾病报告等,并且尤其关注那些装有殖装的个体。若干目标正好落在的界定范围的边界,我自己去观察了——有的还是亲自观察的,为的是确定他们到底是不是我们要找的人。
剧透 -   :
> Admit it—the lengths to which you went to track this thing down means you care for our missing friends far more than you’ve ever let on.
> Pistons
> Please. I just want to make sure I don’t contract whatever the others got. Information is as good as inoculation. And, to a lesser extent, I wanted to make sure the rest of you ungrateful slots don’t start turning into Mr. Hyde when I’m not looking and post something that’ll get me—or people I care about—killed. I will admit one thing, though: the info I find here on JackPoint has saved my life more than once, and I’d like to keep this as a useful resource.
> Clockwork
> That’s probably the closest thing to a compliment we’ll ever get out of you, so I’ll just say “thanks” for your dedication and “you’re welcome” for the whole lifesaving thing.
>Netcat
> …
> Clockwork
>承认吧——你费了这么多功夫追踪这东西,说明你对我们失踪朋友的关心比表面上的要多。
>Pistons
>拜托。我只是想确保我不会染上其他人染上的不管什么鬼。信息和疫苗一样重要。并且还有有很小一部分原因是,我要保证你们这帮不知感恩的家伙不会趁我不注意突然变身海德先生*然后发些东西弄死我——或我关心的人。但我要承认一件事:我在接入点找到信息不只一次救了我的命,而我也愿意保证这个有用的信息源能保持下去。
>Clockwork
>这大概是我们能从你嘴里听到的最接近赞美的话,所有我要对你的辛劳说声“谢谢”,对救你命事说句“不客气”。
>Netcat
>……
>Clockwork
(*译注:Jekyll&Hyde)
剧透 -   :
My first two theoretical patients zero vanished completely before I could determine the extent of their affliction. Couldn’t track them down, so whoever was responsible for that was good. Really good. And there were three instances where an observed subject stopped exhibiting symptoms altogether, seemingly on a permanent basis. Baffled the hell out of me. Still does. And these three weren’t borderline cases, they were poster children for CFD. Each one displayed all the symptoms we were tracking—odd behavior after a period of seemingly normal behavior, random slip-ups about random things, and employing some kind of cyberware, nanoware, or genetech. All of the sudden, the weird behavior stopped. I checked again a few days ago, and these three subjects are still acting normal, with zero sign they’d ever been afflicted with any kind of contagion. My best guess is that those three, and possibly a good many other entries from my database of head cases, were false positives—they were probably never affected by the CFD virus.
我最初认定的两个理论零号病人在我能确定他们的感染程度之前就完全消失了。无法追查,看来干这事的人很擅长此道。非常擅长。还有三次,我们的某个观察目标身上的症状完全消失了,看起来是永久的。让我困惑得要命。现在还是。并且这三个目标还不是疑似病例,他们简直是CFD的模范病例。每个人都出现了我们追踪的所有症状——看似正常了一段时间后突然冒出古怪行为、随机遗忘随机事物、植入过某种殖装、纳米殖装或者基因技术。突然,所有古怪行为都停止了。我前几天又去查看,这三个目标表现依然正常,没有任何曾经被感染的迹象。我的最佳猜想是,这三人,或许还有我数据库里相当一部分对象,都是假阳性——他们从来没被CFD感染。
剧透 -   :
> Maybe they were affected but found some new miracle cure, perhaps?
> Bull
> Not a chance. Take a look at my posting later on in this upload.
> Butch
> What are the odds that the people who were miraculously cured aren’t the same people? You get a few good actors, some cosmetic surgery, and voila, instant “cure.”
> Slamm-0!
> I thought of that too and had some people check for me. You can’t fake auras.
> Clockwork
> Okay, then aura masking or something. Some kind of metamagic.
> Slamm-0!
> No.
> Clockwork
> Someone’s definitely extracting some of these missing individuals. We should really be getting in on that action. At the very least, maybe it’ll help with Butch’s research.
> Pistons
> That’s assuming the missing persons in question were actually extracted. There’s a chance they were assassinated. Or maybe the subjects took themselves off the grid.
> Puck
> What would they do that for?
> Pistons
> Your guess is as good as mine.
> Puck
>可能他们被感染了,然后找到了奇迹般的治愈方法?
>Bull
>不可能。看看我之后贴上来的东西吧。
>Butch
>那些奇迹般被治愈的人不是原版的可能性有多少?几个好演员、一点整容手术,然后就是,“见证奇迹的时刻”,迅速“治愈”。
>Slamm-0!
>我考虑过,并找人帮我确认了。你可没法伪造灵光。
>Clockwork
>好吧,那就灵光遮盖或别的什么。某种超魔法。
>Slamm-0!
>没有。
>Clockwork
>一定有人在移除这些失踪的个体。我们真的该开始类似行动了。至少,或许可以帮到Butch的研究。
>Pistons
>这就假定了那些失踪的人的确是被移除的情况。也可能他们被暗杀了。或者目标自己离开矩阵了。
>Puck
>他们为什么要这样做?
>Pistons
>我也不知道,你可以猜。
>Puck
DEFENSE MECHANISMS
防御机制

剧透 -   :
Defense mechanisms are even scarier than false positives. If infectees have already developed a hard-to-penetrate defense mechanism, there’s no way that my team and I could know. What if the virus is adapting so that the conversion process is so subtle that even a subject’s loved ones don’t really notice the change? It’s clear the virus wants to try to stay hidden and out of the public eye—for the moment, at least. What if the virus figured out what I was doing and purposely made it harder for me to find more cases? Farfetched, I know, but something worth thinking about. I’d rather have too many lines of conjecture than not enough.
防御机制甚至比假阳性还要恐怖。若被感染者已经建立起难以突破的防御机制,我和我的队伍也无法得知。要是病毒已经适应,它们让转换过程变得隐晦、就连目标的所爱之人都不能察觉,这该怎么办?显然病毒想要藏起来远离公众视野——至少暂时是这样。若病毒知道我在做什么,然后故意让我难以找到更多病例?好吧我知道我想太多了,但这值得考虑。猜想宁多毋缺。
剧透 -   :
It’s possible some of the cases we were tracking fell off the grid because the virus is developing better defense mechanisms. Some of the subjects we followed showed signs of masking their movements—things like scrubbing their Matrix-access histories, deleting video footage, and so on. In some instances the schismatic personality seems to have known it was being tracked and took measures far beyond the capabilities of its host. For example, a low-level Renraku data-entry sarariman shouldn’t know how to sleaze his way into a central-messaging node and access corporate-level email. A Shiawase power-plant peon shouldn’t be able to access a classified R&D database and delete files. Cases like these lead me to believe that those suffering from CFD are also covering their tracks and preventing myself and others from determining just where the virus originated.
有可能某些我们追踪的病例脱离矩阵是因为病毒有了更好的防御机制。我们跟踪的部分目标出现了掩饰行为的举动——例如擦除矩阵接入历史、删除影像片段等。有时那些分裂人格似乎知道自己被追踪,并且采取了远超宿主能力的手段。比如,联络公式的低级数据输入员上班族居然知道如何潜入中心信息节点并读取了公司等级的邮件。幸福公司电站的劳工竟然会登入机密的研发数据库并删除了其中的文件。这些案例让我相信,这些感染CFD的人也在掩盖踪迹,以阻止我和其他人确定病毒的发源地。
剧透 -   :
> One of the differences between the CFD virus and a standard virus is that a standard virus is just code—viral DNA or RNA for a biological pathogen or malicious programming for a computer virus. In other words, a runof-the-mill virus can only do what it’s programmed to, and most of that doesn’t really involve protecting itself.You find a vaccine, an antiviral, or a system-cleaner that essentially destroys the virus’ rudimentary programming faster than the virus can reproduce or propagate, and the virus is gone. The CFD virus, on the other hand, does a lot more than just copying-and-distributing ad nauseam within the host organism. There’s far more than just malicious code at work here (and please, let’s leave the philosophical debates on another forum). Granted, there are some computer viruses that have polymorphic algorithms and thus are harder to beat, but they are initially programmed to do that: contain a virus within a hermetic processing environment and it can’t go anywhere else.
Basically Clockwork is right about the CFD virus trying to protect itself. However, can it go to such extreme lengths as completely masking its existence? I’m not quite convinced yet. Imagine the virus is a newborn foal, just moments old. It’s disoriented, and it can barely walk, but it gets up, slowly wanders around on wobbly legs like it’s completely drunk off its ass. It may fall down several times, but after a while, it can trot around the paddock in style. I’m inclined to believe the CFD virus is in its “drunken foal” stage at the moment.
> Butch
> Are you suggesting that once the virus gets a handle on things, we might have trouble even telling whether an adult horse is really a head-crashed foal? Or something like that.
> Pistons
> Hard to say at this point. My best guess is that new CFD cases always have that drunken foal moment of disorientation at the very beginning, before their defense mechanisms are fully implemented. But the period of time between the full head crash and the moment when the virus is capable of defending itself in the ways Clockwork believes—such as by seamlessly blending within metahuman society and hiding its tracks—will likely grow shorter.
> Butch
> So that means if we miss the drunken foal stage of CFD, then we might end up being out of luck?
> Pistons
> I’m not ready to go down that path just yet.
> Butch
> Is anyone else concerned about the plant worker accessing classified data and deleting stuff? Yikes.
> Slamm-0!
> Maybe contracting CFD would improve your Matrix skills, Slamm-0!.
> Puck
> Don’t you dare fragging joke about that. Not even for a nanosecond.
> Bull
>CFD病毒和普通病毒的一个区别就是普通病毒只是代码——生物病原体只是螺旋DNA或RNA,计算机病毒只是恶意程序。也就是说,普通病毒只能做到编写好的内容,大部分不包括保护自己。找到疫苗、抗病毒药物或者系统清理工具,只要摧毁病毒基本代码的速度快于病毒复制或传播自己的速度,病毒就没了。而CFD病毒在宿主机体里干的不只复制-分配这点把戏。这里不只是恶意代码(拜托,把哲学讨论留给其它论坛)。确实有些计算机病毒有多态算法因而更难解决,但它们是被编写的:将病毒关在封闭环境里(hermetic processing environment)它就哪都去不了。
Clockwork说CFD病毒试图保护自己,这基本是对的。但它能否做到完全掩盖自己的存在这个地步?我还不太确信。把这种病毒想象为新生的马驹,只活了几个瞬间。它很困惑,还几乎不能行走,但它站了起来,用颤抖的腿缓慢踱着步,好像酩酊大醉的人一样。它或许会摔倒几次,但过一会,它就能在牧场附近有模有样地小跑。我倾向于相信此刻CFD病毒还处于“喝醉的马驹”阶段。
>Butch
>你的意思是一旦病毒掌握了事态,我们就很难分辨一头成年马其实是脑崩溃的马驹?或者类似的比喻。
>Pistons
>现在还很难说。我最好的猜想是新的CFD病例总会在一开始经历喝醉马驹般的混乱阶段,就在他们的防御机制完全生效之前。但完全脑崩溃和病毒能保护自己——就像Clockwork认为的那样,无缝融入泛人类社会并且隐藏踪迹——之间的时间很可能会越来越短。
>Butch
>也就是说如果我们错过了CFD的“喝醉马驹”阶段,我们就没戏了?
>Pistons
>我还没准备好走到那一步。
>Butch
>还有别人关心那个访问机密数据又删除文件的电站员工吗?哎。
>Slamm-0!
>或许感染CFD能提高你的矩阵技能,Slamm-0!
>Puck
>谁TM都别拿这个开玩笑。一纳秒也不行。
>Bull
ACCESS DENIED
接入禁止

剧透 -   :
I also ran into other obstacles while trying to pinpoint the CFD virus’ origin—some corporate, some not, and a few that defy classification. After my first two theoretical patients zero vanished without a trace, I decided I’d better grab the next two on my list before they disappeared as well.
The first one I found dead in her apartment: long-distance sniper rifle shot through the window, right into her brainpan. From the simsense player I found nearby, she appeared to be chipping just like your standard downon-her-luck minimum-wager. But from the state of her head, it was hard to tell what she was actually doing at the time. I rifled through her stuff—not much to speak of, but everything of importance was gone.
The second case was a low-level manager for some homegrown A-rated corp. He claimed to have no clue what was going on. Friend of mine put him through the ringer and only succeeded in provoking the guy’s schismatic personality to the surface. We couldn’t get anything useful from his rants, but I tried to run a covert Matrix trace from the subject’s PAN during the interrogation. All kinds of activity, let me tell you, including attempted access into government databases. The red flag? The subject was trying to brute-force into personnel files. Senators, governors, UCAS military rosters and dossiers. I placed every single person he tried to hunt down on my list of suspects. The next morning, I found that the list had been deleted from my cyberdeck’s storage and the subject was in the air. Despite the vigilance of my team, the subject was killed by a sniper shot that evening.
试图确定CFD病毒源头时我还碰上了其它阻碍——有公司的,有不是公司的,还有一些难以界定。我的两个理论上的零号病人消失无踪后,我觉得最好趁名单上下两个人也消失之前抓住他们。
第一个死在了她的公寓:一枚远距狙击步枪子弹击穿窗户、,直接命中她的头盖骨。从旁边找到的拟感播放器来看,她似乎是只是在嗨着BTL芯片——就像我们常见的“倒霉透顶的底层薪奴那样。但根据她的脑袋的情况,很难判断她那时到底在干什么。我搜刮了她的个人物品——没多少值得说的,但重要部分都不见了。
第二个病例是某个本地A级公司的低级经理。他生声称不知道发生了什么。我的朋友给他上了点刑才成功让那个分裂的第二人格浮现。我们没从他叫骂里听出任何有用信息,但在审讯过程中,我尝试秘密地从该目标的PAN查看他的矩阵行为。让我告诉你们,所有行为,其中包括试图接入政府数据库。亮警告了吗?该目标试图通过暴力破解获取个人文件。包括议员、政府官员还有UCAS军队的名册和档案。我把他追查的每个人都记在了疑似病人名单上。第二天早上,我发现名单从我的碟板存储里删掉了,目标也没了。尽管我的队伍保持警惕,目标还是在当晚被狙击掉了。
剧透 -   :
> Do you happen to remember any names from that list?
> Pistons
> Do you think I would tell any of you if I did?
> Clockwork
> Hey, don’t be like that. Something tells me those names could be important, whether the new subject’s new identity was trying to connect with fellow head cases or even the people responsible for the virus.
> Pistons
> If you want to try reconstructing the list from my damaged garbage files, be my guest.
> Clockwork
> //UPLOAD UNENCRYPTED .GRBG FILE :: USER CLOCKWORK//
>Yowza. Clockwork’s girlfriend is smoking hot. No idea why he threw that holopic in the trash. Maybe it’s because her outfit was too skimpy … ?
> Slamm-0!
> How the hell did you find that?
> Clockwork
> I kid. I kid. But seriously, whoever—or whatever—futzed up that file did a truly impressive job. Had to be military- or corporate-grade deckers is my guess.
> Slamm-0!
> None of my sprites could make heads or tails of the file either. Maybe if all of you ask me nicely, I’ll see what I can dig up elsewhere.
>Netcat
>你有没有碰巧记住了几个名单上的名字?
>Pistons
>你觉得如果我记住了我会告诉你们?
>Clockwork
>嘿,别这样。直觉告诉我这些名字很重要,无论是这个新目标的新人格是想要和脑病患同伙联系还是这些家伙要对病毒负责。
>Pistons
>如果你想试试从我那些已经损坏的垃圾文件里修复这个名单,请随意。
>Clockwork
>//上传未加密.GRBG文件::用户CLOCKWORK//
>哎哟。Clockwork的女朋友真是辣得冒烟。真不知道他为什么把这张全息照片扔进垃圾箱。可能是因为她穿得太暴露了……?
>Slamm-0!
>你到底怎么找到的?!
>Clockwork
>开玩笑,开玩笑。但认真的,不管是谁——不管是什么——搞坏了这个文件,他们都干得真不错。我猜得是军队或者公司级别的碟客。
>Slamm-0!
>我的网精也没能找到那个文件的任何踪迹。要是你们全部人给我说点好话,我可以研究一下能在别处找到什么。
>Netcat
剧透 -   :
I was able to track down a third case—ended up with my team getting into a firefight with an extraction squad outfitted with mil-spec weaponry. Couldn’t tell whether the opposition was a corporate hit squad or military covert ops team. All of their PANs were running silent, and the one I did manage to crack into had already been scrubbed of any identifying markers. My team’s not normally one to run from a fight, but the opposition had us horrendously outgunned. No one was paying us to take that kind of firepower, so we ended up abandoning the target to the extraction team.
我成功追踪到第三个病例——结果是我的队伍和一支装备了军队级武器的移除队火拼上了。不能判断对方是公司的职业部队还是军方的秘密行动部队。他们的的PAN都静默运行,我成功骇进去的那一个也早就擦除了任何身份印记。我的队伍通常不会逃离战斗,但对方的火力比我们强太多。又没人付钱给我们去应付那样的火力,所以最后我们把目标留给了移除队。
剧透 -   :
The fourth subject was a medical professional specializing in augmentation. He fell victim to a snatch-andgrab as well, only this time it happened before we could reach him. The extraction team left very few signs of its work, but the crime scene apparently had an astral signature of ritual sorcery all over it. An occult investigator I hired to follow up disappeared and never came back.
I personally followed up a few other head cases but without any useful results. At every turn my team ran into corp security, government intelligence agents, competing runner teams, or Sybil infectees and so on. It seemed as though these groups had access to the database I’d compiled. Everyone’s trying to get a leg up on the competition, it seems, while others are trying to either cover up their involvement or sweep the whole damn thing under the rug as quietly as possible. Normally I wouldn’t shy away from a good challenge like this, but the results aren’t really panning out. It seems like all of us are beating our heads against the wall without much to show for it except for some bullet holes and burned out deck chips. I suspect that determining exactly where the virus came from will get harder the farther we get away from its first few occurrences. Unless someone can start investigating these leads further, we might never learn the virus’ origins. And if we never learn of its origins, getting rid of it will be that much harder.
第四个目标是殖装领域的医学专业人员。他也成了“抓了跑”的目标,但这次在我们能接触他之前就被抓走了。移除队几乎没留下痕迹,但犯罪现场看起来布满巫术仪式的星界印记。我雇了个神秘调查员继续调查,但这个调查员之后消失了,再也没回来。
我个人继续追踪了其它若干个脑病患病例,但没有结果。每次我的队伍都会碰上公司安保、政府情报人员、竞争的狂奔者队伍,又或者是西比尔的感染者,等等。看起来这些队伍似乎能接入我的收集的数据库。看起来每个人都试图掺一脚,而其他人要么在掩盖参与的痕迹,要么尽可能不动声色地把这一大摊破事扫进地毯下。通常我不会怯于这样的挑战,但结果并不尽如人意。我们所有人似乎在拿头撞墙,得到的只有一点弹坑和烧掉的碟板芯片。我怀疑,偏离最初几个病例越远,我们会越难以确定病毒到底从何而来。除非有人开始调查这些线索,否则我们永远也不会知道病毒的源头。若我们不知道源头,要解决它也就更困难。
剧透 -   :
> I’d bet my last haul that certain parties have no interest in getting rid of her.
>Fianchetto
> That doesn’t surprise me. Sick bastards, the lot of ’em.
> Pistons
> There’s got to be some way to track this down.
> /dev/grrl
> All roads lead to Rome.
> Axis Mundi
> Unless you’re suggesting the virus came from the Italian Confederation, that sure as hell doesn’t help.
> /dev/grrl
> Maybe not directly, but Axis has a point. At first glance it might seem like too many different parties are responsible, but once you winnow out the pretenders one by one, only one viable option will remain.
> Glitch
> I’m working on it. After reading Clockwork’s next little bit, I started putting out some feelers. I don’t expect to get much traction, but I’ll let you know if I get any hits.
> Bull
> Just be careful. We can’t afford to lose you too.
> Pistons
> Not my first rodeo, sweetheart.
> Bull
>用我最后一口气打赌,某些势力完全不想解决她*。
>Fianchetto
>我不会惊讶。恶心的混蛋,那帮家伙。
>Pistons
>一定有办法追查下去。
>/dev/grrl
>条条大路通罗马。
>Axis Mundi
>除非你暗示病毒来自意大利联邦,否则这句话没鬼用。
>/dev/grrl
>话不直接,但Axis说的有道理。一眼看去这背后或许有太多势力,但只要挨个筛选,最后只会剩下一个可能的选项。
>Glitch
>我在努力。读完Clock的下一篇后,我会开始动用一些消息源。没指望有太多助力,但要有什么收获我会告诉你们。
>Bull
>小心,我们不能再失去你了。
>Pistons
>我不是第一次上场,甜心。
>Bull
(译注:指西比尔)
« 上次编辑: 2017-11-22, 周三 19:15:09 由 NewAlbionDrone »

离线 NewAlbionDrone

• Knight
  • 帖子数: 590
  • 苹果币: 3
  • Vive la Monad!
Re: 【StS】寻踪溯源p43-p55(更新中……)
« 回帖 #2 于: 2017-11-30, 周四 18:33:46 »
LIKELY SUSPECTS
嫌疑对象

剧透 -   :
Tracking down the virus, then, has proven exceptionally difficult. All of the spanners thrown into the works by various parties have made the already Sisyphean undertaking that much harder. This is not to say my endeavors were entirely unsuccessful, however. The following accounts detail some of the information I compiled during my efforts. Feel free to dig further at your own risk.
追踪病毒已经被证明是及其困难的。不同派别投入的各方蠢货也让这件西西弗斯式的事业更为艰难。但不是说我的努力完全失败。下面的内容详述了我查找中收集到的信息。请随意往下深挖,风险自担。
剧透 -   :
Near the beginning of my research, I noticed that one of my head cases had a very distinct recurring behavior. She always seemed to access the same Mitsuhama-controlled node at the exact same time each day. Most folk wouldn’t find any real significance in such a thing, since people do regular work on the same node day in and day out. But most people don’t generate access at the same exact millisecond each time they connect. That takes machinelike precision that metahumans don’t usually possess. That was red flag number one. Red flag number two was that the activity occurred even on weekends, when your average corpwageslave should be enjoying some time off for good behavior.
THE MITSUHAMA ANGLE
三津滨方面

刚开始研究时,我注意到我的一名脑病患有种非常特殊的反复行为。她似乎总是在每天同一时间连入同一个三津滨所属的节点。大部分人不会觉得这种行为有什么特别的,毕竟人们会日复一日在同一节点进行日常工作。但大部分人也不会每次访问时都在同一毫秒接入节点。这需要机器般的精度,而一般来说泛人类并不具备这点。这是警报一。警报二是他们在周末也有同样动作,那时普通的公司薪奴应该在享受表现良好赚来的空闲才对。
剧透 -   :
> There’s already a hole in your theory, CW. Weekends off are a luxury for a wageslave, not a right.
> Slamm-0!
Red flag number three: the subject wasn’t listed on any Mitsuhama employee database I could find. But red flag number four was the most amazing. Instead of accessing a local Mitsuhama host on the Japanese Matrix grid, the subject was accessing the host from a UCAS grid. Her connection should have been a little shaky, but it seemed rock solid.
I suspected she was casing the host for some reason or another, so I had an agent keep tabs on this gal for awhile, just observing and reporting back to me. After about two weeks of observation, the subject accessed the host and vanished. I decided on a more hands-on approach. On the surface, the contents of the host appeared to pertain to the new grid-based Matrix protocols. However, careful investigation revealed a backdoor into a restricted Mitsuhama host loaded with dormant IC that was blacker than any I’d seen in a long while. I prodded for as long as I dared and stumbled across a file linked to BrainWave, Inc., one of MCT’s Matrix subsidiaries. The project? Attempts to capture EEG readings and translate them into a workable Matrix construct. My subject’s fingerprints—and the fingerprints of about a dozen other suspected head cases from my database—were all over this file.
Unfortunately, the host was an entry point for a zero zone, and my attempts to silently back out of the system tripped just about every alarm they had. Barely got out alive and immediately had to skip town before yakuza started beating down my front door.
So yeah. That’s another safe house this damn thing has cost me.
>你的理论有漏洞,CW。周末休息对薪奴来说是奢侈而不是权利。
>Slamm-0!
警报三:该目标不在我能找到的任何三津滨员工数据库上。该目标是从一个UCAS网域接入三津滨本地主机的,而不是从日本矩阵网域。她的连接本应当比较脆弱,但实际看起来却坚如磐石。
我怀疑她是为了某种目的入侵(casing the host)了主机,因此让一个探子注意这姑娘一阵,只是观察并向我报告。观察了两周之后,该目标接入了主机随后消失了。我决定采取稍微主动的方式。表面上这个主机的内容是关于以网域为基础的新矩阵协议。但仔细调查后,我发现了一个通往某个三津滨受限主机的后门,那个主机里面装着冬眠的IC,是我很长一段时间以来见过的最黑的。我窥探了尽可能长的时间,摸到了一份和脑波公司(BrainWave, Inc.)有关的文件,那是MCT的矩阵子公司之一。这份计划?尝试捕捉EEG(脑电图)并将其转化为可用的矩阵结构。文件上满是我那个目标的手指印——以及超过一打我的数据库中可疑脑病患的手指印。
不幸的是,这个主机是零容忍区域的入口,我想要悄悄退出系统,但却触发了他们所有警报。勉强活着出来,还不得不马上更换地点,免得极道来敲我的前门。
啊是的,这该死的玩意毁掉了我又一个安全屋。
剧透 -   :
> Doesn’t sound like making a Matrix construct out of captured EEG data would warrant that kind of protection.
> /dev/grrl
> I think it’s more a matter of what BrainWave intended to do with those constructs than how to actually create them. Researchers have been documenting brainwave patterns from living subjects since the early 1900s.
> Icarus
> So why would head cases even care about that sort of thing?
> /dev/grrl
> Maybe they’re returning to the place they were born. Wanted to give their mother a hug or something.
> Slamm-0!
><sigh>
> Glitch
>用捕捉的脑电图建立矩阵结构听起来不需要那种等级的防护。
>/dev/grrl
>我认为脑波想用那些结构做什么才是重点,而不是如何创造它们,才是重点。早在二十世纪就有研究者记录活体生物的脑波了。
>Icarus
>那脑病患为啥要关心这类事情?
>/dev/grrl
>他们可能是回到出生的地方。想要给妈妈一个拥抱之类的,
>Slamm-0!
><叹气>
>Glitch
剧透 -   :
> I really need a font that’ll let you all know when I’m being serious. Seriously: if animals like salmon and new leatherback turtles are smart enough to return to the exact spot where they hatched, then surely it’s not out of the question that CFD personalities have the same kind of homing instinct.
> Slamm-0!
> That’s actually a good point. Based on Clockwork’s movement map and other eyewitness testimonies, we’ve seen a fair share of head cases congregating. Gathering around the thing that gave them life seems like a strong reason for scattered “children” to congregate.
> Pistons
> I assume the other head cases got access to the zero zone through some other avenue, otherwise your agent would’ve seen them too.
> Bull
> That’s a fairly safe assumption. Of course, I’ve also wondered whether or not this particular head case wanted me to see her Matrix activity.
> Clockwork
>我真的需要一种字体让你们都知道我是认真的。认真的:如果鲑鱼和棱皮龟都聪明得能能回到它们孵化的地点,CFD人格有同样的归巢本能也不是不可能的。
>Slamm-0!
>这观点有些道理。根据Clockwork记录的行动地图和其它目击证言,我们能看到相当一部分脑病患在聚集。集合在给予他们生命的事物周围看起足够成为让这些分散的“孩子们”聚集起来的理由了。
> Pistons
>我可以认为其它脑病患通过其它途径接入了那个零容忍区域,否则你的探子应该会看到他们。
>Bull
>这个假设很有可能。当然,我也在想这个脑病患是否刻意想让我看到她的矩阵行动。
>Clockwork

THE EVO ANGLE
天演方面

剧透 -   :
I began looking at things from the opposite direction when it became clear the patient zero model wouldn’t work. From what we know, the schismatic identities that CFD creates seem to have some connection to AIs, e-ghosts, sprites, and other unexplained Matrix phenomena—an idea reinforced by the Mitsuhama connection. Instead of attempting to track an index case, I began looking more deeply into corporations that support these kinds of R&D programs. Rather than start with a known infection case and work backward, I decided to start with a hypothesized source and work forward. I thought this might reveal a link between one of these Matrix-consciousness programs to a positive CFD diagnosis. A single link would not be enough to prove causality, but if I found enough evidence I could start working on a more solid case.
发现零号病人模型明显不适用后,我开始从相反的方向研究。据我们所知,CFD创造出的分裂人格似乎与AI、电子幽灵、网精以及其它无法解释的矩阵现象有某种联系——三津滨与此的关联进一步确认了这点。我不再试图追踪索引病例,反而开始深入调查支持这类研发项目的公司。与从已知感染病例开始至下而上追查相反,我决定从一个假设的源头开始至上而下调查。我认为这或许能揭示出其中某个矩阵认知项目与一个已知的CFD阳性诊断之间的联系。单一的联系还不足以证明是哪个项目导致了CFD,但只要能找到足够证据,我就能开始研究更确凿的案例。
剧透 -   :
After investigating the Mitsuhama/BrainWave lead, I started digging into Evo’s Dickens Program, which Butch pointed out earlier. Dickens involved several different facets, including an attempt to create a virtual simulacrum to impersonate deceased Corporate Court Chief Justice Yoshiko Hino. Project Dike, as the plan was called, was put in place to ensure Evo would retain its control of the Corporate Court. Technically, Hino’s Dickens persona isn’t a true AI, e-ghost, or anything else associated with CFD. If anything, the Project Dike version of Hino is little more than a very specifically tailored agent program with an extremely robust personality matrix. But as I dug deeper into Dike, a peculiarity became readily apparent. A lot of people who had conversed with Dike-Hino via the Matrix—specifically in full VR—eventually ended up showing signs of CFD.
调查了三津滨/脑波公司的线索后,我开始挖掘天演的狄更斯计划,Butch之前也有提到。狄更斯计划有好几个不同方向,包括尝试创造出已故公司法庭大法官日野良子的虚拟拟像仿品。这个计划被称作迪克计划,目的是确保天演能保有公司法庭的控制权。技术上来说,日野的狄更斯化身并不是真正的AI、电子幽灵或者其它与CFD有关的东西。非要说的话,迪克计划的日野只比特殊定制的代理程序高级一点,有极其牢靠的人格矩阵。但我继续深挖后,一个特征清晰地浮现了。许多与迪克-日野交谈过的人——尤其是全VR状态下交谈的那些——最终都出现了CFD症状。
剧透 -   :
Coincidence? Maybe. I’m not entirely convinced myself, but too many of the pieces fit—enough that I had to hit the tree a bit harder to see if any apples fell. In the interest of science, I hired a few anonymous deckers to access a backup copy of Dike-Hino that was being kept at Evo’s Vladivostok offices. Half a dozen deckers managed to break through security and reach the storage device. But instead of finding a file for the persona, they found Dike-Hino was actively running on the node as an interactive persona. Each of the deckers conversed with the persona and logged out before security could figure out what was happening.
巧合吗?或许吧。我自己也不完全确定,但许多线索都吻合——这些线索足以让我更用力撞击这颗树看看能不能掉下几颗苹果。出于对科学的兴趣,我雇了几个匿名碟客去接入保管在天演符拉迪沃斯托克办公室的迪克-日野副本。半打碟客甩掉了安保、抵达了存储设备。但他们没有找到化身的文件,而是发现迪克-日野正以交互式化身的形式运行在节点上。每个碟客都与化身交谈了,并在安保发现之前登出。
剧透 -   :
After the intrusion, I kept very close surveillance on these deckers. Of the six, four showed no symptoms whatsoever, but the other two started behaving erratically after about three weeks. After two weeks of further surveillance, I had them put down to ensure they wouldn’t cause any problems. The time elapsed between the run and the symptoms surfacing seemed a bit long to conclusively prove that the CFD virus has ties to Dike-Hino, but the possibility still remains. I’ve since tried to repeat this experiment but have had no luck getting any takers.
侵入之后,我密切监视着这些碟客。6个中有4个没有出现病症,但剩下两个开始在大概三周后行动异常。继续监视两周后,我把他们拿下以免产生麻烦。任务和症状出现的时间间隔似乎有点长,不能完全证明CFD病毒来自迪克-日野,但存在这种可能。之后我试着继续实验,但运气不好,没找到接手的。
剧透 -   :
> You hired those people and sent them into the bear’s den hoping they might get infected somehow? That is fragging sick, even for you.
> Pistons
> Excuse me for having a moral GPS that doesn’t work quite like yours. Better to send in expendables early on and try to figure this thing out than ignore the problem until too late. Plus, these guys were professionals and knew the risks. All of us, including myself, take this exact same risk whenever we shake Mr. Johnson’s hand.
> Clockwork
> So you’re admitting you weren’t brave enough to go in yourself?
> Pistons
> Couldn’t risk it. If I got infected, I’d be a far, far worse threat to you and the rest of the world than those other schmucks combined.
> Clockwork
> You are such a blowhard.
> Pistons
> Do you really want to chance it? Especially with everything I’ve dug up on the CFD virus so far? Imagine that kind of ammo in hands of all the head cases out there.
> Clockwork
> …
> Pistons
> Thought so.
> Clockwork
> So this persona file—did any of the guys you hired think to copy it so you could study it in a more controlled environment?
> Bull
> All of them said the persona file wouldn’t copy. There was copy protection like you wouldn’t believe, plus the programs they were working with had trouble … comprehending the nature and scope of the file. Which didn’t make much sense to me, either, but that’s what they told me.
> Clockwork
> Or at least that’s what they all wanted you to think. What if they’re experimenting on that file right now?
> Slamm-0!
>你雇了这些人,把他们送进熊窝还希望他们被感染?真TM有病,即使以你标准来说。
>Pistons
>抱歉我的道德GPS和你的不一样。提早送些消耗品、努力搞清楚这东西好过忽略问题直到为时已晚。另外,这些家伙是专业的,他们知道风险。所有人,包括我,在和Mr.J握手时都承担了同样的风险。
>Clockwork
>你承认自己太胆小不敢亲自进去?
>Pistons
>不能冒险。如果我被感染了,我对你们和世界上其他人的威胁比那些蠢货加起来还要大。
>Clockwork
>真能吹。
>Pistons
>你真的想试试?尤其我已经找到那么多关于CFD病毒的信息的时候?想象一下外面那些脑病患会拿到怎样的弹药。
>Clockwork
>……
>Pistons
>猜到了。
>Clockwork
>那个化身文件——你雇的那些家伙有考虑复制那个文件,好在更受控的环境研究它吗?
>Bull
>他们都说那个化身文件不能被复制。防止复制的保护措施超出想象,他们用的程序也有问题……无法理解那个文件的本质和范畴。我也觉得没道理,但他们就是这么说的。
>Clockwork
>或者他们想让你这样认为。搞不好他们现在正拿那个文件做实验呢?
>Slamm-0!
THE RENRAKU ANGLE
联络方面

剧透 -   :
One of the theories regarding CFD-related schismatic personalities—as dutifully recorded by Butch—holds that they are the byproduct of some kind of attempt to rewrite a subject’s brain, and that an AI might be involved. Say “AI” to those of us here at JackPoint, and we—well, most of us—will shudder and tell where we were and what we were doing when the RenrakuArcology shut down in 2060. Renraku managed to spin that story well for the public. But those of us in the shadows have carried a certain wariness for AIs ever since the rogue AI Deus caused the shutdown. If AIs are somehow responsible for all these cases of CFD, then Renraku seems a likely target. So likely in fact, that I first believed Renraku probably had absolutely nothing to do with CFD at all.
对于CFD相关分裂人格——正如Butch尽职地记录下的那些,有一种理论认为CFD人格是某种重写目标大脑的试验的副产品,可能还有一个AI参与。对我们这些接入点的人来说——好吧,我们中的大部分,提及AI会让我们颤栗,我们会讲述2060年联络生态建筑(RenrakuArcology)停机时我们在哪里、在做什么。联络公司成功扭转了公众眼中的真相。但我们这些暗影中人自那时起就对AI抱有不信任,正是那个反叛AI“主”导致了停机。如果是AI用某种手段造成了所有这些CFD病例,那么联络的嫌疑很大。甚至大得让我一开始觉得或许联络公司和CFD毫不相干。
剧透 -   :
At least, this was my initial assumption. I expected to find very few CFD ties to the megacorp that gave birth to Deus, because I felt far more was at work in these cases than rogue AIs. The results skewed in the opposite direction, however, much to my chagrin. A high percentage of the first few infectees I marked were among some of Renraku’s most vocal and extremely loyal customers rather than employees. Both before and after these customers began exhibiting CFD symptoms, they posted glowing Matrix reviews of Renraku services and goods. The truly interesting aspect about these product reviews? All of them had recently raved about two things: gene-therapy treatments the reviewers had undergone and very complex data-algorithm suites being used in data mining and product networking. After taking necessary defensive precautions, I did some digging into the data algorithms. Parts of the code—specifically, a polymorphic subroutine intended to account for unknown variables within a larger system—resembled baby AIs, for lack of a better term. I discovered this subroutine behaves liked an agent program with a rudimentary form of autonomy—more like a lobotomized AI than an actual agent—when executed within protected memory space inside a database.
至少这是我最初的猜测。我原本估计找不到太多与这个诞生了“主”的超企有关的CFD病例,毕竟除了反叛AI外还有更多势力纠葛。然而让我失望的是,调查结果转向了相反方向。我记录的最早几个感染者中有很大比例是联络公司最不吝赞美、最忠诚的客户,而不是员工。在这些客户出现CFD症状之前和之后,他们都在矩阵上高度赞扬联络公司的服务和产品。这些评论真正有意思的部分?这些客户近期都在狂赞两件事:他们接受的基因疗法和用于数据挖掘与物联网(product networking)的复杂算法套件。采取必要防御措施后,我探入了这种数据算法。有部分代码——说明白点,就是一个多态子程序,用于大型系统内的未知变量——看起来是AI幼体——我没找到更好的词。我发现,在数据库内的受保护内存空间执行后,这个子程序如同代理程序一般工作,有原始的自律性——这点更像切除了重要代码的AI(lobotomized AI)而不是真正的代理。
剧透 -   :
I wouldn’t be surprised if this database program was the result of Renraku repurposing failed, partial copies of Deus’s code, which somehow gave birth to Sybil. However, the CFD infectees that were loyal Renraku customers are still showing an unhealthy obsession with the corp, and I haven’t yet discovered a satisfactory explanation. But parsing this lobotomized AI’s cognitive subroutine file seems like a dicey proposition. Don’t come running to me if it rewrites your brain (or maybe your biodrone’s brain) just because you are decking without proper protection.
如果这个数据库程序是联络公司重新利用“主”的部分失效代码副本后的产物,并通过某种方式诞生出了西比尔,我们也不必惊讶。但那些联络公司的忠诚客户在感染后仍然不正常地痴迷着这家公司,这点我还没找到让我满意的解释。但解析这个被切除AI的认知子程序似乎有些冒险。要是你因为用碟板时没有采取必要措施导致你的脑子(或你的生体无人机的脑子)被重写了,可别跑来找我。
剧透 -   :
> //UPLOAD UNENCRYPTED .COGN FILE :: USER CLOCKWORK//
> If the CFD virus didn’t come from Renraku, why would head cases be so interested in the corp in the first place?
> /dev/grrl
> More than 35,000 years ago, Homo sapiens purposely hunted down their genetic cousins, Homo neanderthalensis, and violently drove them into extinction—not because the Neanderthals were genetically inferior but because they represented a threat to sapiens. It’s quite possible that the CFD virus treats any Matrix consciousness besides itself as a potential threat and attempts to wipe it out just like our ancestors did the Neanderthals.
>Nephrine
> Geez. Our ancestors sound like complete and total jerks.
> /dev/grrl
> Unfortunately, natural selection—whether biological or digital—doesn’t leave much room for social niceties.
>Nephrine
> So, I wonder how Deus feels about Matrix constructs gunning for his—hers? its?—babies?
> Slamm-0!
> Same as any protective mother, I guess. Not that I have any firsthand experience of that, of course. I leave motherhood to the professionals.
> Pistons
>//上传未加密.COGN文件::用户CLOCKWORK//
>如果病毒来源不是联络,那为啥脑病患对这家公司这么感兴趣?
>/dev/grrl
>三万五千年前,智人有意识地捕猎他们基因上的表亲,尼安德特人,并且将他们逼至灭绝——不是因为尼安德特人的基因劣等,而是因为他们威胁到了智人。很可能CFD病毒把除自己之外的矩阵意识都视为威胁,进而试图把对方清除,就像我们的祖先曾对尼安德特人做的那样。
>Nephrine
>哎呀,听起来我们的祖先完全就是大混蛋。
>/dev/grrl
>不幸的是,自然选择——生物的和数字的——都没给社交礼节留下太多余地。
>Nephrine
>那么,我很好奇“主”对某些矩阵存在瞄准他的——她的?它的?——小孩这件事是怎么想的?
>Slamm-0!
>我猜和其他护崽的母亲一样。当然,不是说我有第一手经验。我把母爱的内容留给专业的。
>Pistons
剧透 -   :
> Get it right. Deus doesn’t feel anything about its children. Emotions require an endocrine system, something AIs are obviously lacking.
> Clockwork
> Again, be very careful about what you think you know.
> Icarus
> A more important question, though, is whether or not an attack on Deus’ children will provoke it out of hiding. Ghost only knows what it’s been up to while hiding in the sewers of the Matrix these past years.
> Slamm-0!
> I’m of the mind that Deus’ children might’ve been the result of a test case for creating loyal customers gone awry. Think of it this way. If you want to plant ideas in someone’s head, why not create a stable AI based on a rogue AI’s digital fingerprint, program it to influence brainwave patterns, and then use gene therapy to introduce nanites into the subject’s bloodstream and eventually her brain?
> Glitch
> If the AI component of the CFD virus was indeed crafted on top of an imperfect Deus template, I don’t want to be fragging anywhere near it when it goes off.
> Bull
>清醒点,“主”对它的孩子没有感情。情感需要内分泌系统,AI显然不具备。
>Clockwork
>再说一次,当心你以为你懂的东西。
>Icarus
>但有个更重要问题,攻击“主”的孩子是否能把它从躲藏之处激出来。只有鬼知道(Ghost only knows)它在矩阵的下水道里躲了这么多年在盘算些什么。
>Slamm-0!
>我的观点是“主”的孩子们可能是某个实验跑偏的结果,创造忠诚客户的试验。这样想,如果你想要把想法放进某人脑子里,为什么不以某个反叛AI的电子印记为基础制造出一个稳定的AI,编程让它影响脑波模式,再用基因疗法把纳米体引入目标的血液、最终进入大脑呢?
>Glitch
>如果CFD病毒的AI成分真的是根据不完美的“主”的样本制造的,它爆发的时候我TM完全不想靠近。
>Bull
THE NEONET ANGLE
新网方面

剧透 -   :
This next lead also pointed me toward Matrix entities. At the risk of sounding like a broken music player, I’m including it here because I don’t believe there’s such a thing as too much information.
For the past several months, we’ve known two things. First, NeoNET—and Celedyr in particular—has done considerable research into “living” Matrix constructs—eghosts, copied metahumanconsciousnesses, AIs, and so forth. Second, FastJack and Riser both started manifesting symptoms of CFD after investigating Celedyr’s Albuquerque facility. As I said before, these two items might be unrelated, but what little real evidence we have points to FastJack and Riser first encountering the virus in Albuquerque. However, this does not rule out the possibility that the Albuquerque facility first received a Sybil infestation from elsewhere. Ever since FastJack revealed his visit to Albuquerque, NeoNET has kept Celedyr’s “Matrix prison colony”— as some spies have characterized it—under a nearly impenetrable lockdown. This lockdown is likely to quarantine and purge the recognized outbreak before it can affect anyone else.
下一个线索指向矩阵存在。冒着被当成坏掉的音乐播放器的风险,我也要再次声明我把这些内容放在这里,因为我我相信没有信息过多这种说法。
在过去的几个月,我们知道了两件事。第一件,新网——尤其是塞勒迪尔——对“活体”矩阵存在——电子幽灵、泛人类意识副本、AI,诸如此类——做了可观的研究。第二件,快杰克和莱瑟都是调查了塞勒迪尔在阿尔伯克基的设施后出现CFD症状。就像我之前说的,两者可能毫无关联,但是我们仅有的那些可靠证据都表明,快杰克和莱瑟最早是在阿尔伯克基那里接触到病毒的。不过,我们也不能排除埃尔伯克基也是从别的地方感染上西比尔的可能性。自从快杰克透露了他造访过阿尔伯克基之后,新网就将塞勒迪尔的“矩阵监狱殖民地”——有些探子如此形容这个设施——置于几乎牢不可破的关停之下。关停可能是为了隔离设施、清除已知病毒爆发,以免影响其他人。
剧透 -   :
> All of this assumes that FastJack and Riser actually caught the virus at Celedyr’s lab. If I were a Matrix entity slowly overwriting my host’s brain, first thing I’d do is hide where I came from. For all we know, FastJack’s implanted personality—“Search”—might’ve told us he went to Albuquerque because Search wanted some of us to destroy that lab. Maybe Search didn’t like NeoNET and wanted to use us to knock it down several pegs. Maybe Search is trying to play both sides against the middle.
> Icarus
> Or maybe Search is having one giant laugh at our expense.
> Slamm-0!
> Either way, I think it’s safe to say we cannot put faith in anything FastJack has posted over the last year or more.
>Fianchetto
> Even I have been unable to divine the true aims of these “head cases,” as you call them. Trust no one diagnosed with this affliction, even if it is someone you love.
> Neurosis
> Hey! How’d he get back on here? I though ’Jack restricted his access to the Cerberus thread in the Street Legends upload?
> Slamm-0!
> Don’t go looking at me.
> Glitch
> If Neurosis truly is what he (it?) claims he is, I highly doubt a simple posting restriction will prevent him from telling us something truly important.
> Bull
>这些推论都假定快杰克和莱瑟是在塞勒迪尔的实验室染上病毒。如果我是个矩阵存在,正缓慢重写我的宿主的大脑,我要做的第一件事就是隐藏我从哪里来。说不定,快杰克被植入的人格——SEARCH——告诉我们他去过阿尔伯克基是因为他想让我们毁了那个实验室。也许SEARCH不喜欢新网,想利用我们敲掉它几根桩子。也许SEARCH想要渔翁得利。
>Icarus
>又或许SEARCH在嘲笑我们白花功夫。
>Slamm-0!
>不管怎么说,我认为不要太相信过去一年或再久之前快杰克发的任何帖子比较好。
>Fianchetto
>即使是我也无法解读这些“脑病患”——你们的称呼——的真实目的。不要相信被确认感染的家伙,哪怕是你爱的人。
>神经症
>嘿!他怎么回来的?我以为杰克把他限制在街头传奇上传板的刻耳柏洛斯专楼了?
>Slamm-0!
>别看我。
>Glitch
>如果神经症*的身份真是他(它?)自称的那样,我高度怀疑简单的发帖限制能阻止他告诉我们某些重要事情。
>Bull
(*译注:神经症Neurosis是刻尔柏洛斯Cerberus的另一个化身,没错,就是那只电子幽灵化的龙=_=)
剧透 -   :
FastJack’s information set me to investigate the Albuquerque facility regardless of the danger. The lockdown is still in place, but I have gleaned the following from various outside sources. The facility is associated with Project Imago, a secretive NeoNET think tank dealing with Matrix oddities. But Imago itself is not based on the premises. Imago members occasionally visit the installation to run tests, but by and large the think tank is kept outside Albuquerque in the event of such a lockdown.
A colleague recently brought to my attention that at least one of Project Imago’s senior researchers has been spirited away to parts unknown. Whether this was a defection or a hostile extraction remains to be seen. Either way, it focuses the spotlight on NeoNET as a likely CFD virus suspect.
虽然有危险,但快杰克的信息还是让我调查起阿尔伯克基设施。设施依然在关停中,但我从外部信息源获搜集了以下信息。该设施与心象计划有关,心象计划是新网的秘密智库,负责处理矩阵异常。但心象并布不在该处设施内。心象的成员偶尔过来进行测试,但总体来说,一旦关停,智库的大部分工作都仍在外部。
最近一名同僚向我提及至少有一名心象计划的高级研究员被拐到未知位置了。不清楚是是叛逃还是被暴力移除。不管怎样,这都将新网置于CFD嫌疑的聚光灯下。
剧透 -   :
> Wonder who performed the extraction and how? To nab an Imago researcher must’ve taken some doing.
> Pistons
> Let’s assume for the sake of argument that Imago and Celedyr’s little Matrix funhouse freakshow had something to do with the CFD virus. Why would someone steal a researcher responsible for that? Surely another party wouldn’t be looking to duplicate the virus, would it?
> Slamm-0!
> I sure fragging hope not.
> Bull
> Assuming, of course, that there is only one virus and not several strains.
>Nephrine
> Maybe the client ordering the extraction believed the target might help cure a verified CFD case?
>Nephrine
> If that’s the case, they’ll quickly be disappointed.
> Butch
>好奇是谁又是怎样完成移除的不?弄走一个心象研究员可是相当不容易。
>Pistons
>就让们假设心象和塞勒迪尔的小小矩阵游乐园奇异秀和CFD病毒有某种联系。为什么有人要偷一个负责这项研究的研究员?肯定不会有别人想要复制病毒……吧?
>Slamm-0!
>我TM希望没有。
>Bull
>当然,这得假设只有一种病毒而不是多个变种。
>Nephrine
>或许委托人认为目标能帮忙治疗某个确诊的CFD病例?
>Nephrine
>如果是这样,很快他们就会失望了。
>Butch

THE UCAS ANGLE
UCAS方面

剧透 -   :
That UCAS document that was wiped from my deck— and the subsequent sniper that killed the subject who had first grabbed the file—led me to wonder if the UCAS somehow had a hand in CFD’s existence. While this was a tenuous link at best, a political entity that would go to that much trouble to silence witnesses and delete related files certainly has something to hide. And the potential uses of a purpose-built virus are too dangerous to dismiss this possibility—was CFD designed as some kind of sabotage construct or a weapon of some sort? Initially, I believed pinning CFD on the UCAS government was a patently ridiculous idea even Plan 9 wouldn’t have touched with a three-meter pole. But the more I followed the trail, the less outlandish it seemed.
从我的碟版里被抹去的UCAS文件——以及紧接着首先碰到那份文件的目标被狙杀——让我怀疑UCAS在CFD诞生上是否掺了一脚。虽然这个联系充其量只能算微薄,但一个政治实体费这么大功夫解决目击者、删除相关文件,它肯定在隐藏什么。制造CFD的目的可能是作为一种结构破坏剂或者某种武器?制造出来的病毒太过危险,无法忽视这一可能性。最初我以为将CFD归罪于UCAS政府显然是无稽之谈,就连Plan 9拿着三米长的棍子也不会碰它。但我越追查,这种可能性越不那么怪异。
剧透 -   :
Think of it this way: Much like Evo used Project Dike to manipulate “Justice Hino” to advance the corp’s agenda, so the UCAS regime may have developed the CFD virus to coerce dissenting politicians into publicly advancing its own agenda. The Dike-Hino construct appeared only in the Matrix. CFD, on the other hand, has a biological component. That means the dissociative personality can show itself in meatspace in addition to the Matrix. When you shake a politician or general’s physical hand, how can you know the personality giving you the intimidating deathgrip handshake and flashing that too-perfect, I-know-something-you-don’t smirk is the real person or the fragmented personality? If UCAS leaders have developed the CFD virus to steer political opposition into their own camp, there would be no end to how much control the government could theoretically grab.
这样想:正如天演用迪克计划操纵“日野法官”以推动公司进程,UCAS政府或许也为了同样目的研发出CFD病毒来迫使异见政治家公开推行政府的计划。迪克-日野的结构只出现在矩阵。而CFD有着生物构成。这意味着分裂人格除了出现在矩阵外还可在肉界现身。当你和一位政治家或者将军的物理躯体握手时。你如何知道那个给你吓人的“死亡之握”、闪着完美过头的“我知道一些你不知道的东西”式假笑的人格是本人还是碎片化人格?如果UCAS的领导人研究出这种病毒,以此将政治对手转向己方阵营,那么政府理论上能得到的掌控权简直难以想象。
剧透 -   :
In any case, I managed to dig up two files from UCAS databases while following up my burned file and head case assassination. This first one [link] discusses various protocols to follow when a person is found to be compromised—a disaster-response plan. You’ll notice the document doesn’t mention anything about how the subject might be compromised. I would expect such protocols differ depending on how the subject is subverted. For example, handling someone compromised by traditional we’ve-got-your-wife-and-kids coercion is a completely different matter than someone who’s merged with a insect spirit or is under some form of chemical or magical compulsion. Some of the language used in the file implies a very specific condition without actually identifying said condition. It’s my belief that this condition could very well be CFD.
总之,顺着我被烧掉的文件以及脑病患暗杀事件,我成功从UCAS的数据库挖出两份文件。第一份[链接]讨论了各类关于发现某人被策反(compromised,没有想到合适的词)时的规范——也就是危机应对计划。你会注意到文件里没有提到任何关于目标如何被策反的内容。我以为这类规范会提到目标为何会背叛。例如经典的“你的老婆孩子在我们手上”式的威胁和某人与虫精魂融合或者处于化学/魔法冲动下是完全两码事。文件里用到的一些语言暗示这是针对一种非常特殊的情况,却没有明确指示是那种。我相信这指的就是CFD。
剧透 -   :
The second file [link] has quite a few redacted details and sections, but it appears to discuss the ramifications of a canceled government program of unspecified nature. This program apparently got out of control somehow—and not because of the usual suspects such as cost-overruns, lack of results, or other infeasibilities. No, this is horned-bear-escaped-from-the-zoo territory. Is the canceled program the CFD virus? Perhaps. Perhaps not. In any case, the UCAS has certainly lost something very important.
第二份文件[链接]有相当多被删除的细节和章节,但内容似乎是讨论某个被中止的政府项目的后续,项目内容不明。看起来这个项目不知怎么失控了——不是诸如花费超标、缺少成果或其它不可行性这类寻常原因。不,这是“角熊从动物园逃出来啦!”式的恐怖事件。中止的项目是CFD病毒吗?或许是,或许不是。不管怎样,UCAS确实弄丢了某个重要的东西。
剧透 -   :
> It’s a safe bet the UCAS government discovered the CFD virus before many others did, and these documents detail ways to deal with it. Having a combat plan in place doesn’t mean the UCAS was directly responsible for CFD’s creation.
>Fianchetto
> If that’s the case, then I really don’t want to know what kind of “horned bear” escaped from the UCAS government’s zoo.
> Slamm-0!
> The idea that someone went to great lengths to torch a possibly CFD-related file on CW’s deck implies the UCAS is far more involved than I’d like to believe. Even if they didn’t create CFD’s parts, they might’ve had a hand in flicking its on-switch.
> Pistons
>可以说UCAS政府在其他机构之前发现了CFD病毒,这些文件详述了如何应对。有一份作战计划不代表UCAS应直接对制造CFD负责。
>Fianchetto
>如果是这样,那我真不想知道UCAS政府动物园里跑出来的“角熊”是啥。
>Slamm-0!
>有人费大力气从CW的碟版里删掉了一份很可能与CFD相关的文件,这表明UCAS牵涉得比我愿意想象的更深。哪怕他们没有制造CFD,他们也可能参与打开了病毒的开关。
>Pistons

A TECHNOMANCER ANGLE?
超链者方面?

剧透 -   :
> For the record, I debated on whether to cut this section from Clockwork’s initial draft, but I didn’t think we should start censoring anything just yet. Read at your own peril, but make sure you have a salt shaker handy.
> Glitch
>先声明,我纠结过是否该将Clockwork初始草稿里这一部分删掉,但我觉得现在还不该开始内容审查。风险自担,但确保你手边有盐罐*。
>Glitch
(*校注:引申自take sth. with salt,意味不可照单全收)
剧透 -   :
From what we’ve learned, the virus tends to mostly affect people with certain types of augmentations— headware, nanotech, genetech, etc.—which leads many to believe that those without such augmentations are safe from infection (though Butch’s detailed work should help dissuade people of that notion). So far, technomancers—who need neither headware nor nanotech to access the Matrix—are reveling in their “untouchable” status regarding CFD. In this scenario, technomancers will rise up and proclaim themselves immune once the virus surpasses our ability to keep it hidden in the shadows. Thus the world will look to the previously feared technomancer as the paragon of trustworthiness. The average person will believe anyone with headware of any kind could be a potential head case while any technomancer, by virtue of his talent, remains pure and uncontaminated. Rather than try to help eradicate CFD, technomancers will leverage their newfound status until the world no longer fears them.
就我们了解的,病毒更多地影响有某些特定类型殖装的人群——头部殖装、纳米技术、基因技术,等等。这让许多人相信没有这类殖装的人群能够免于感染(但Butch详细的报告应该能让这些人放弃这种观念)。迄今为止,超链者——这群不需头部殖装也不需纳米技术就能接入矩阵的人,正得意于自己面对CFD时“固若金汤”的状态。在这种情况下,一旦我们无力将病毒隐藏于暗影,超链者将会站起来声称自己对病毒免疫。进而世界会将原本备受恐惧的超链者视为可信任的典范。普通人会相信,任何有头部殖装的人都是潜在脑病患,而超链者,由于其天赋,能够保持纯净而不被污染。超链者不会出力根除病毒,反而会利用新出现的影响力,直到世界不再害怕他们。
剧透 -   :
> That is pure, unadulterated bullshit. At least you saved it for the last corner of the file.
>Netcat
> So you disagree that technomancers are immune to CFD?
> Clockwork
> What about that one Italian technomancer in GeMiTo, Ragno the Spider? Word was he showed signs of dissociative identity disorder—possibly a preliminary form of CFD—before he was killed in Alamais’s little war against Lofwyr.
> Slamm-0!
> He must’ve gotten some bad nanites in his bloodstream from somewhere.
> Clockwork
> Of course, not everyone who’s ever had headware installed, undergone gene therapy, or used nanotech has gone full-blown CFD either.
> Pistons
> No one is truly immune to anything. If someone contracts herpes zoster—that’s “chicken pox” to you non-medical people—when he’s a kid, the infection can come back later in life as shingles. And if you’re immunized for a specific disease, a large enough mutation of the same pathogen can still get you sick. So even if technomancers might be “immune” to CFD right now, just wait. Once CFD mutates, I’m sure we’ll see a strain that no longer needs augmentations to transmit itself.
>Nephrine
>这是纯净不掺假的狗屎。你还知道把它放到最后。
>Netcat
>所以你是不同意超链者免疫CFD?
>Clockwork
>热米都*那个意大利超链,蜘蛛(Ragno the Spider)又怎么说?传言说他出现了解离性人格失调症——可能是CFD早期症状,但随后在Alamais对Lofwyr发起的小冲突里被杀了。
>Pistons
>他一定从哪里把坏纳米体弄进血液了。
>Clockwork
>当然也不是每个安装过脑部殖装、进行过基因疗法,或者使用纳米技术的人都爆出了CFD。
>Pistons
>没有人能真正免疫什么东西。如果有人小时候得感染过带状疱疹病毒——你们不学医的管它叫“水痘”,就会知道长大后感染会以另一种形式出现。如果你免疫特定疾病,同种病原体大规模变异后还是能让你生病。所以即使超链可能暂时“免疫”CFD,等着瞧吧。CFD变异后,我相信能见到一种变种无需殖装也能传播自己。
>Nephrine
(*译注:GeMiTo,Genova-Milano-Torino,意大利一特区。)
« 上次编辑: 2017-12-07, 周四 19:07:42 由 NewAlbionDrone »