作者 主题: D&D Youtuber 想采访中国D&D玩家  (阅读 11231 次)

副标题:

离线 粉毛提督七宫涟

• 清楚系粉毛
  • 組長
  • 帖子数: 1061
  • 苹果币: 3
Re: D&D Youtuber 想采访中国D&D玩家
« 回帖 #60 于: 2018-10-14, 周日 15:11:59 »
After doing these interviews, and reading the comments here, it seems that many people think that TRPGs will not become mainstream. I can understand that, because even in the west TRPG cannot compare to the proliferation of mobile games, video games and even board game. The same goes for Japan, actually. Their TRPG circle is small, but it is healthy.

However, do you think that it is possible to just create a sustainable TRPG scene in China without having mass appeal, but just have a high enough number of players to sustain China's own TRPG industry? China has 1.3 billion citizens. Even if only 1% of Chinese play tabletop RPG, it's over half the population of Australia, making it an enormously big market.

在进行这些访谈并阅读这里的评论后,似乎很多人认为TRPG不会成为主流。我可以理解,因为即使在西方TRPG也无法与手机游戏,视频游戏甚至棋盘游戏的扩散相提并论。实际上,日本也是如此。他们的TRPG圈很小,但它很健康。

但是,您是否认为可以在中国创建一个可持续的TRPG场景而不具有大众吸引力,但是只有足够多的参与者才能维持中国自己的TRPG行业?中国有13亿公民。即使只有1%的中国人玩桌面RPG,它也只占澳大利亚人口的一半,使其成为一个非常大的市场。
The problems of Trpg in China, I believe the other people already talk about them. The time, family, location, and etc are fine, they are not the worst things to keep away for the Trpg population growing. But, the language is the BIGGEST problem for Trpg, especially DnD.
So, if DnD wants to succeed in China, in my opinion, I think there should be a company who translate the rules as official and with a new set of rules, such as something like DnD 5.5, when there is no any folk translated them.  Then, the thing left for the growing population in Trpg is propaganda. The video like The Gamers will be nice.
Nevertheless, the official translate version with all the rulebooks and modules with an almost same path of the original version is needed.

DND 4E did the same thing years ago and it was a total failure.
狗修金萨马,要是您不读规则书,就把您踹飞哦?

离线 蓝天

• Guard
  • 帖子数: 127
  • 苹果币: 0
« 回帖 #61 于: 2018-10-14, 周日 16:22:42 »
Guys, I know most of you hate those BPR, or COB “players” as much as I do, it is too off topic and emotional/subjective. It is one of the problem about Chinese TRPG, but not the whole situation here. Stay clam.

各位,我知道你们跟我一样很讨厌这些BPR,COB“玩家”,但是已经偏题而且主观情绪过度了。它是中国TRPG的一大问题,但不是全部。

I personally believe that we need more culture references just as you mentioned. DND is related to the western fantasy (mixed with some others, but in western people’s understanding), COC is related to Lovecraft, Shadowrun is related to the steampunk circles... It is hard for anyone who do not understand and love these culture references to feel interested in Trpg.

Myself as a example again, my first trpg group used DIY rules similar to the WOD. Their rule is related to the world they created, an anime style fantasy land. We were all from a same anime fan group so we enjoyed and created a lot.

Just like you or we said, games, movies, anime fans are easier to get into Trpg. But for most of others, even WuXia fans find it hard. They need rules to support their culture interest. Old players could do houserule, which usually happened in WuXia fan DM making his campaign. But too many houserule affect new players in a negative way.

Back to the topic, DND is western fantasy based. It barely include Chinese references that Chinese people like (not to mention we barely find Chinese fantasy references in our culture other than actual ancient books). So.... it will be hard work.
« 上次编辑: 2018-10-14, 周日 16:31:58 由 蓝天 »

离线 白鸟飞过

• 写作多才多艺 读作不务正业
  • 根源索寻者
  • 帖子数: 584
  • 苹果币: 7
« 回帖 #62 于: 2018-10-14, 周日 16:46:57 »
不懂英语躲在墙角瑟瑟发抖,白鸟来帮我翻译哇…!我也想回答问题! :em017 :em003 :em023
好呀你想回答什么?(不是专业翻译不过会确保思想尽量接近的
毒药,卷轴,好·伙·伴,这三样东西,是怎么也不会够的呀。

离线 街猫口喵

• Hero
  • 帖子数: 632
« 回帖 #63 于: 2018-10-14, 周日 16:47:34 »
各位,我知道你们跟我一样很讨厌这些BPR,COB“玩家”,但是已经偏题而且主观情绪过度了。它是中国TRPG的一大问题,但不是全部。

但这事儿是他提出来的,并不是有人主动讲啊。
Is the video that got a lot of people interested in CoC called 【克苏鲁神话01】【跑团】比克苏鲁更可怕的是刁民!巨恐怖?

It was uploaded in early 2017. So it's very recent isn't it? It has half a million views. Did the CoC boom only started within this last year an a half or was it much earlier?

很多人对CoC感兴趣的视频叫【克苏鲁神话01】【跑团】比克苏鲁更可怕的是刁民!巨恐?

它是在2017年初上传的。所以这是最近的不是吗?它有50万次观看。 CoC热潮仅在去年开始了一半还是更早?

离线 粉毛提督七宫涟

• 清楚系粉毛
  • 組長
  • 帖子数: 1061
« 回帖 #64 于: 2018-10-14, 周日 17:11:28 »
All right then. I'm not a DND player, so it will be wiser to stay silent.
狗修金萨马,要是您不读规则书,就把您踹飞哦?

离线 白鸟飞过

• 写作多才多艺 读作不务正业
  • 根源索寻者
« 回帖 #65 于: 2018-10-14, 周日 19:25:30 »
Actually, among DND players there are players who believe “Rules are unnecessary only story matters!” But they tend to switch to other games or use heavily home-brewed rules. However these people are not common. I guess it might be due to the lack of popular DND videos and maybe most people unintereseted in rules would give up when they try to read the PHB. For fantasy lovers who dislike rules, there is something more popular and easier called “语C”, “verbal cosplay”, which is basically online role-playing with a GM and maybe a little bit rules.

离线 墨否

• Peasant
  • 帖子数: 21
« 回帖 #66 于: 2018-10-14, 周日 21:26:11 »
About D&D (关于D&D)

2. How popular is Dungeons & Dragons in China? Is it the most popular TRPG or are there other TRPGs that are more popular than D&D?
Not that popular yet.

4. I see that unofficial translations of D&D 5e has been released. Have people started playing D&D 5e or are they still playing previous versions of D&D or Pathfinder?
I play 5e and do some translation for my group from time to time. 5e is getting attention.

7. Do you think that an official release of the translated D&D 5e book will increase the number of D&D players?
It would help.

8. Will people buy the official translated D&D 5e book if it is released in China? Even if the pirated copies exist?
If it is cheap & well-translated.

10. Do you think that D&D will ever become popular in China?
Yes.

11. Do you think that D&D will have a better chance of becoming even more popular if it releases a World of Warcraft setting or a Wuxia setting?
It would help.

About Chinese Players

2b. What is the biggest problem Chinese players face when arranging a play session? Long work hours? Traffic? No place to play?
Cultural difficulty.

3b. Where do Chinese players get their role playing inspiration from? Lord of the Rings, World of Warcraft, Japanese animation, Wuxia films or others?
Western Middle Ages fantasies?

4b. Are there famous Chinese TRPG play group like America’s Critical Role? If there aren’t any popular play groups, how does D&D get popularised?
Not sure. Good things will find their way.

6b. Do you think Chinese players play differently compared to international D&D players? Do they like combat more than role playing or is it the other way around?
Different? Yes.
In which aspect? Hard to say.

7b. I have a Chinese Australian friend who says that Chinese are very competitive and Chinese prefer games where they can win instead of collaborative storytelling games. Is that true?
Not quite.

8b. Where do most Chinese D&D and TRPG players come from? Larger cities like Beijing & Shanghai? Cities like Shenzen which is closer to Hong Kong? Or they come from everywhere?
I am a DM myself with an on-line group. My players come from both large and small cities.

1e. It is known that work hour in China is brutal, but so is Japan's. I am wondering how can the Japanese find the time to create their TRPG & also play. Is it because of public transport? Shanghai's metro ends at 22:30 to 23:00 while in Japan it's midnight.

I'm gonna be a little bit of a jackass here and say things without sugar-coating them too much.
People play games when they get bored...
A percentage of Chinese population will find their time to be bored and play & create.

2e. How tough is family pressure? Are Chinese expected to fulfill familial duties after work so that they don't have free time even if they don't work?

Family pressure is not so much an issue here as the make-believe nature of the game itself.
It is rather difficult to say to my family and friends "hey, I'm making stuff up for no practical use at all with a bunch of guys that I don't even know where they are from, so stay clear!"
« 上次编辑: 2018-10-14, 周日 22:00:42 由 墨否 »

离线 蓝天

• Guard
  • 帖子数: 127
« 回帖 #67 于: 2018-10-14, 周日 21:28:34 »
引用
但这事儿是他提出来的,并不是有人主动讲啊。

我的意思是,讲得有点太多了。其实在他问之前大家就已经有在说(毕竟涉及到),然后几乎一整页都在宣泄了。我觉得差不多可以停一停的意思。

Actually, among DND players there are players who believe “Rules are unnecessary only story matters!” But they tend to switch to other games or use heavily home-brewed rules. However these people are not common. I guess it might be due to the lack of popular DND videos and maybe most people unintereseted in rules would give up when they try to read the PHB. For fantasy lovers who dislike rules, there is something more popular and easier called “语C”, “verbal cosplay”, which is basically online role-playing with a GM and maybe a little bit rules.

For most of the verbal cosplay I know, they don’t have either GM or rules. Just bunch of people acting, or I should say, typing like the character they pretending. It is more like group-chat fun.

离线 白鸟飞过

• 写作多才多艺 读作不务正业
  • 根源索寻者
« 回帖 #68 于: 2018-10-15, 周一 05:43:56 »
For most of the verbal cosplay I know, they don’t have either GM or rules. Just bunch of people acting, or I should say, typing like the character they pretending. It is more like group-chat fun.
Yes, but there's usually someone who starts it and take the lead/organize events? Like the headmaster/teacher/senpai of a school of magical girls verbal cosplay. There are fan art ones and OC ones.But yes, they are surely not as strict and the person in lead usually do not have as much control as TRPG GM.
至于COC的事情,毕竟这个帖子是来采访DND玩家的嘛,还是stay on topic吧。然后我个人相信COB只是暂时的,这波热度很快就会退潮。不过下一波有老外来采访中国玩家就不知道是什么时候了,不如也趁机安利一下国内做的比较好的COC玩家/模组吧?

离线 CJLeung

• Peasant
  • 帖子数: 9
« 回帖 #69 于: 2018-10-15, 周一 07:07:25 »
Hi everyone, It's me again. It is thanks to all your help and replies that I can finally release my video.
If you can access youtube, you can use the following link to watch it. Obviously, the video is in English.

youtu.be/PTHdEf1DztY

离线 Anacius

• 知识与巨镰的巫妖
  • 風紀委
  • 帖子数: 7606
  • 苹果币: 39
  • 再跳我就要动镰刀了哟!
« 回帖 #70 于: 2018-10-15, 周一 15:32:06 »
Hi everyone, It's me again. It is thanks to all your help and replies that I can finally release my video.
If you can access youtube, you can use the following link to watch it. Obviously, the video is in English.

youtu.be/PTHdEf1DztY

Thx。
小天最厉害了!!

--------------------------------------------------

「嗚呼…悪魔とはお前達のことだ!」

离线 冰铜刃岚=两两包子

• Hero
  • 帖子数: 611
  • 苹果币: 1
« 回帖 #71 于: 2018-10-15, 周一 15:50:54 »
(小贴士,油管的设置里可以召唤出一个自动翻译的中文字幕,虽然只是机翻,勉强能看。)

离线 白鸟飞过

• 写作多才多艺 读作不务正业
  • 根源索寻者
« 回帖 #72 于: 2018-10-15, 周一 16:06:43 »
其实绝大部分内容都是和Tian的采访的样子……