作者 主题: 【StS】再次重写p79-93(校对中……  (阅读 6907 次)

副标题: Deus去死!翻译:薛猫;校对:Pany_Q

离线 NewAlbionDrone

• Knight
  • 帖子数: 590
  • 苹果币: 3
  • Vive la Monad!
【StS】再次重写p79-93(校对中……
« 于: 2017-12-18, 周一 18:34:06 »
时间线:2075

引用
缩写
DID dissociative identity disorder 分离性身份识别障碍
MPD multiple personality disorder 多重人格障碍
CBT cognitive behavioral therapy 认知行为疗法
DBT dialectical behavioral therapy 辩证行为疗法
IDID induced dissociative identity disorder 诱发分离性身份识别障碍
DI dissociative identity 解离人格
IOS Identitätsverdrängungssyndroms 身份识别失调症*
EGG Electrocardiograph and Electroencephalograph 心脑电图
(*译注:垃圾催化剂)
REWRITING
再次重写

剧透 -   :
> As I’m sure most of you are aware, ever since FastJack announced what was happening to him, Butch has been working around the clock to fgure out how to understand this thing and, more importantly, how tofght back. The following sections outline several different methods that have been used to try combating the CFD virus’ subversion of metahumanity’s last refuge of the self—the brain. For those of you who are a little squeamish, I’ll warn some of you that the following cases are not for the faint of heart. Butch, I think all of us owe you a beer or three for your tireless dedication.
> Glitch
> Screw beer. I’d kill for a solid eight hours of sleep.
> Butch

>我想你们大部分都知道,自从快杰克告诉了我们在他身上发生的事,Butch就一直连轴转地研究这东西的本质,以及更重要的,如何反击。下一部分介绍了几种用于对抗CFD入侵、保卫泛人类自我的最后庇护所——也就是大脑——的一些尝试。我先警告对那些神经有点纤细的人,下面的内容不适合脆弱的心脏。
Butch,对你不知疲倦的奉献,我想我们都欠你一杯或者几杯啤酒。
>Glitch
>啤酒一边去。我现在能为了睡饱八小时去杀人。
>Butch

TAKING BACK THE SOUL
POSTED BY: BUTCH
取回灵魂
发帖人:BUTCH

剧透 -   :
Folks, I’ve been at this for a long time. I’ve sewn up more wounds, replaced more organs, installed more ’ware, and brought back more patients from the brink of death than I could ever hope to count. I’ve watched the spark of life vanish from the eyes of friends, loved ones, and complete strangers. I’ve witnessed medical miracles that not even my Awakened colleagues can explain. But nothing—nothing—compares to watching someone’s soul get stolen away while you’re looking them right in the face.
伙计们,我干这行很久了。我缝过的伤口、替换的器官、安装的殖装还有从死亡线上救回的病人难以计数。我曾看见生命之光从人的眼睛里消逝,无论是朋友的、爱人的,还是完全的陌生人的。我见识过医疗奇迹,就连我那些觉醒同事都无法解释。但没有什么经历——没有任何经历——能比得上眼睁睁看着面前之人的灵魂被窃取。

剧透 -   :
The CFD virus is a nasty piece of shit. It might not physically harm its host or change his physiology in any truly harmful way, but it steals the one thing that defines our metahumanity. Observing a victim succumb to CFD is like watching an Alzheimer’s or dementia patient slowly have their memories taken from them one day at a time. It’s heartbreaking, even for an old sawbones like myself who I thought had been inured to this kind of suffering over the years.
CFD病毒是一坨肮脏的狗屎。或许病毒不会伤害宿主的躯体、或者带来有害的生理改变,但它偷走了唯一能够定义我们泛人类的东西。目睹一个病人向CFD屈服就像看着一个阿兹海默病人或是痴呆症病人一天天失去自己的记忆。经过这么多年,我以为像我这样一个习惯了挫骨切肉的外科医生已经对这类事情免疫了,但这依然令人心碎。
剧透 -   :
The virus is a parasite, and a bad one, but it’s also unlike any other parasite I have ever seen. In a symbiotic or mutualistic relationship, both host and symbiote receive somebeneft to the arrangement. In a commensalistic relationship, one organism gains benefts but the other is not harmed. In a parasitic relationship, one organism thrives to the detriment of the other. However, most parasites either live off the other organism or end up killing it. For example, there are several species of wasps, both mundane and Awakened, that lay eggs in the brains of spiders and caterpillars. These larvae are capable of exerting a primitive form of mind control on their hosts, effectively turning them into zombies. When a larva gets large enough, it kills the host. The CFD virus, on the other hand, doesn’t want to kill its host. It wants to scoop out his insides and replace them with the personality (or personalities) it’s carrying. By harming its host, though, it harms its own well being.
这种病毒是一种寄生体,还是很糟糕的那种,但它也不像我见过的其它任何一种寄生体。在共栖或共生关系中 ,宿主和寄生体都能从中获得某种益处。在偏利共生关系中,只有一方有机体得益,但另一方不受伤害。在寄生关系中,一方的生长会损害另一方。但大部分寄生体要么离开寄生 的生物体,要么最终将其杀死。例如,有几种黄蜂,包括非觉醒和觉醒种类,会将卵产在蜘蛛和毛虫的大脑。黄蜂的幼虫有一种原始的控制宿主意识的能力,实际上是将宿主变成了僵尸。幼虫长得足够大之后会杀死宿主。而CFD病毒并不希望杀死宿主。它想要挖空宿主内部,将宿主替换为自己携带的一个或多个人格。伤害宿主即是伤害它自身。

剧透 -   :
Some parasites are easier to get rid of than others. Some, like mistletoe or creeping vines, come right off with a little tug. Others require more invasive measures to remove. Removing the CFD virus, though, is a deeply invasive process. Even after decades of research and advancement into psychology, psychiatry, simsense technology, and other cyberware, the human brain remains largely a mystery. What works for Patient A won’t necessarily work for Patient B. Remember when you frst got measured for a datajack or some otherheadware? All the EEGs and other readings that thecyberdoc needed to take? Nowadays datajacks are considered one of the most routine headware surgeries available, but one still needs to be installed in the right way, with neural connections going to the right places—and in a mature adult brain, no less—or else even adatajack can fry your wetware. In many cases, kicking the CFD virus out of the brainpan is like conducting hundreds of thousands of datajack assessment tests, and by the time you’re fnished with the frst few hundred, you have to run a few thousand more since the virus has already progressed further while you were running tests. It’s damn near impossible to keep up with, and a race like this will usually end with the virus several thousand kilometers in the lead.
有些寄生体比其它寄生体更容易去除。有些比如檞寄生和藤蔓之类的,只需扯一扯就能解决。有些则需要侵入性的手段。然而,移除CFD则需要更为侵入性的手段。即使经过了几十年的研究,以及心理学、精神病学、拟感技术和赛博殖装的发展,人类大脑的大部分依然还是个谜。对病人A起效的措施不一定对病人B起效。还记得你第一次装数据插口或者其它头部殖装前做的测量吗?赛博医生需要给你测的那些脑波读数和其它数据?现在安装数据插口被认为是最流程化的头部殖装手术之一,但还是需要以正确的方式安装、把神经连接恰当,并且只能装在发育成熟的大脑上,否则一个数据接口也可能烧干你的湿件。很多情况下,把CFD踢出头盖骨就像进行成千上万次数据插口适配评估测试,而当你完成了开头的这几万次时,你还得继续做后面的几十万次,因为当你在进行测试的同时病毒已经扩散得更广了。在这场竞赛中,你几乎不可能赶上病毒增殖的速度,反而会落后好几千公里。

剧透 -   :
Because of this inherent time limit, medical professionals (and medical amateurs) have been forced to start getting creative. As all you creative types are no doubt aware, creativity sometimes makes for messy results, but sometimes something truly brilliant and miraculous arises from those messes. The following records cover as many of these methods as I could gather, either from my own research or from colleagues or sources I trust. Remember, kids, don’t try any of this shit at home. I mean it. I don’t do lawsuits.
正因为这种内在的时间限制,医学专家(以及业余医学爱好者)都被迫采取创新性的手段。毫无疑问,你们这些喜欢搞创新的家伙会意识到,创新有时会让结果一团糟,但有时,一些真正天才而不可思议的东西也会诞生自这一团糟中。下面的记录是我能收集到的所有这类方法,有的是我个人研究,有的来自我的同事或可信渠道。
记住了,孩子们,不要在家里尝试其中任何奇葩方法。我认真的。我不想惹官司。

剧透 -   :
MUNDANE
METHODS
This frst group of case studies involves attempts to combat the CFD virus the old-fashioned way, using known medical science.
非魔法手段
第一组研究案例罗列了一些利用已知医学,以传统方式对抗CFD病毒的尝试。

剧透 -   :
CASE 1: PSYCHOANALYSIS
ABSTRACT
Subject: Adult female H. sapiens pumillonis, age 25, affected by dissociative identity disorder (DID). Patient exhibited no symptoms until two weeks before being admitted for this case study. Subject’s primary personality is being slowly replaced by new, dominant identity that calls itself “Xor.” Primary personality wakes after fugue states spent as “Xor.” Fugue states have arrived in longer intervals with increasingly shorter lapses between intervals. Attempts made to determine the root that caused secondary personality to surface. Psychoanalysis performed both on primary and secondary personalities. Primary personality seems ignorant of secondary personality, but secondary personality acknowledges and makes threats toward primary personality during fugue states. It makes no attempts, though, to harm subject’s body. Subject kept on close surveillance during fugue states to prevent self-inflicted bodily injury. Keywords: DID, MPD, multiple personalities, fugues
案例1:精神分析
摘要
对象:成年女性矮人(H. sapiens pumillonis),年龄25,感染分离性身份识别障碍(DID)。病人在被收入该案例研究前两周出现病症。对象的主人格正缓慢地被另一个新的、支配人格替代,该人格自称“索尔”(“Xor”)*。主人格在心因性神游**(Fugue state)后苏醒,神游期间身份为“索尔”。神游时间不断增加,并且间隔逐渐缩短。尝试确定导致次人格出现的根源。对主人格和次人格均进行精神分析。主人格似乎并不知道次人格的存在,但次人格知道主人格,并且在神游期间威胁主人格。但它没有尝试伤害对象的身体。神游期间,密切监视对象以防止自残行为。
关键词:DID,MPD,多重人格,神游
(*译注:Xor,XOR为布尔运算的异或运算。)
(**译注:Fugue state,一种解离性障碍,表现为可逆失忆,包括暂时失去记忆、人格以及其它个人特征,可持续数日、数月或更长时间。)
剧透 -   :
METHOD
Patient was subjected to a battery of psych evaluations for each personality. Data from evaluations informed psychotherapy treatments. Root cause of DID was investigated via psychoanalysis.

PSYCHOLOGICAL PROFILES
To form a baseline psych profle from before the subject exhibited symptoms, statements from persons close to the subject were taken. The primary personality’s psych profle taken onsite lined up with the baseline, so the primary personality remains intact. Subject’s primary identity displays a mixture melancholic/phlegmatic personality. The psych profle taken from the secondary personality (“Xor”) reveals a cold and calculating individual capable of acts of unspeakable cruelty. “Xor” displays a dominant, choleric personality completely opposite of the primary identity.

方法
对对象的两个人格进行成套心理评估。根据评估数据决定心理治疗方法。利用精神分析研究DID成因。

心理学特征描述
为建立对象出现症状前的心理学特征基线,采用了与对象亲近的人的证言。研究内获得的主人格特征与基线匹配,即主人格保留完整。对象的主身份认知表现为忧郁/冷漠混合型人格。
次人格(“索尔”)的心理学特征显示为冷血、精于算计的人格,能够施加无可名状的残酷行为。“索尔”与主人格完全相反,表现为支配型易怒人格。

剧透 -   :
PSYCHOANALYSIS
Subject was interviewed over several sessions. Primary personality did not know why she was being seen. Subject was only aware that she had started experiencing fugue states and waking up in foreign places. No childhood trauma was discovered. Subject has not recently been exposed to any stress. Family life is normal. Work habits are normal. Bloodwork corroborated subject’s testimony that she does not abuse mind-altering substances. “Xor” will not talk about her childhood, family life, work habits, or any personal issues. Instead, “Xor” continues to speak only in veiled threats, without revealing any personal information.
精神分析
与对象进行了若干次面谈。主人格不知道自己为何要看医生。对象只意识到自己开始出现神游症状,并且会在陌生的地方醒来。未发现童年创伤。目标最近并无遭受任何压力。家庭生活正常。工作习惯正常。她自称并未滥用能影响思维的药物,血液检查证实了这一点,
“索尔”不愿谈及她的童年、家庭、工作习惯以及任何个人情况。“Xor”只吐出隐晦的威胁,没有暴露任何个人信息。

剧透 -   :
PSYCHOTHERAPY
Subject was put through rigorous cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) sessions. Primary identity was receptive to these therapies, but “Xor” violently opposed them, often prematurely ending sessions with violent outbursts requiring the subject to be sedated and/or restrained. Other psychotherapeutic techniques, such as hypnotherapy and dialectical behavioral therapy (DBT), produced the same results.
心理治疗
对象接受了严格的认知行为疗法(CBT)。主人格乐于接受治疗,但“索尔”强烈反抗,常因其暴怒提前中止治疗,并且需要注射镇静剂以及/或者施加拘束措施。
其它心理疗法,如催眠疗法和辩证行为治疗(DBT),结果也是同样。

剧透 -   :
RESULTS
Subject did not respond well to psychoanalysis, CBT, or DBT. Fugue states grew longer and more pronounced. The subject’s primary personality has not resurfaced in the past three days. Unless further sessions can push “Xor” back below the surface, it is possible the primary personality has been permanently subsumed.
> A hundred nuyen says this researcher had no clue the patient was infected with the CFD virus.
> Puck
> I kept this case here to demonstrate that even triedand-true methods for counteracting your everyday dissociative identity disorder don’t work. Plus, education is probably our best weapon against head crashes at the moment. Since the author of this study didn’t know what he was dealing with, he ended up with his throat crushed when “Xor” pulled a David Copperfeld and escaped from the asylum where she was being held. Last I heard, “Xor” is still at large.
> Butch
结果
心理分析、CBT以及DBT的疗效并不明显。神游阶段时间变长、状态更加明显。过去三天内对象的主人格均未出现。除非后续治疗能将“索尔”赶回意识底层,否则主人格很可能已经永久性丧失了。
>用100新円打赌这个研究者对病人感染了CFD病毒一无所知。
>Puck
>我把这个案例放在这里,是想展示哪怕是经过验证的、能够有效治疗普通分离性身份识别障碍的方法也无济于事。再说,知识教育已经是目前我们能用来对付脑病患的最好的武器了。鉴于此项研究的作者并不清楚自己面对的是什么,他最后被捏断了喉咙,而“索尔”像大卫科波菲尔那样魔术般地逃离了关押她的精神病院。据我最近听到的消息,“索尔”依然在逃。
> Butch

剧透 -   :
CASE 2:
PHARMACEUTICAL
ABSTRACT
Subject: Adult male H. sapiens sapiens, age 36, affected
by induced dissociative identity disorder (IDID). Dissociative identity (DI) suffers from episodes of increased anger and aggression toward all external stimuli. Condition had progressed to Stage II before applying treatment. Subject was treated via pharmaceutical means. Advancement of condition closely monitored.
Keywords: IDID, DI, atropine, SeroBlock, ValiAnt
案例2:药物
摘要
成年男性人类(H. sapiens sapiens),年龄36,患诱导解离性人格认知障碍(IDID)。在某些时段,解离人格对所有外部刺激表现出愤怒和敌意。进行治疗前病情已发展至阶段2。目标接受药物治疗。密切监视病情发展。
关键词:IDID,DI,阿托品(颠茄碱),欣罗布罗克,兴奋停

剧透 -   :
METHOD
As different patients react differently to various dissociative identity disorder treatments, a number of pharmaceutical trials were administered to the subject to see which, if any, would prove most effective.
方法
由于不同病人对各类解离性人格认知障碍疗法的反应不同,给对象使用了一系列药物疗法,以观察是否有哪种药物疗效最好。

剧透 -   :
DEPRESSANTS
Patient was administered a small dosage of the depressant atropine to calm aggressive outbursts. Episodes decreased in frequency for three days, at which point the frequency returned to previous levels. Increased dosage produced no appreciable effects. Did not pursue further dosage increases due to toxicity risk. Other depressants (specifcally barbiturates, alpha/beta blockers, and opioids) produced similar effects in similar timeframes. While the different drugs involved suppressed the DI for a short time, the benefcial difference between each individual treatment proved negligible.
镇静剂
给病人服用小剂量镇静剂阿托品,以缓和其攻击性情绪爆发。情绪爆发频率降低,效果持续了三天,随后频率回复原本水平。增加剂量没有可见效果。其它类型的镇静剂(尤其是巴比妥、阿尔法/贝塔阻断剂以及阿片类药物)有类似的效果,持续时间相似。尽管使用的不同药物都能在短时间内抑制DI,但不同疗法之间的差异基本可忽略。

剧透 -   :
ANTIDEPRESSANTS
Patient was administered anti-depressant serotonin re-uptake inhibitor SeroBlock. DI emerged at the same level of frequency, but DI was profoundly calmer and more amenable than in previous treatments. This condition lasted for two days until DI returned to previous levels of combativeness. An increased dosage of SeroBlock reduced DI aggression for another two days. Increased dosage to safe levels produced the same effect.
抗抑郁药物
给病人服用抗抑郁药物血清素重吸收抑制剂欣罗布罗克*。DI浮现频率持平,与之前的疗法比较,DI明显更平静、更服从。效果持续两天,随后DI回复到之前的好斗状态。增加欣罗布罗克剂量能再次抑制好斗情绪,但效果只维持了两天。在安全范围内再次增加剂量效果相同。
(*译注:SeroBlock,Serotonin Block,血清素阻断)

剧透 -   :
ANXIETY MEDICATION
Patient was administered anti-anxiety drug ValiAnt. Subject grew lethargic and slept for at least 12 hours per day. DI surfaced more often during periods of wakefulness than before drug was administered. Increased dosage; DI appeared with even more frequency. DI appeared to deduce what was being done to its host. Increased dosage a second time; DI suppressed subject’s primary identity during periods of wakefulness. Weaned subject off ValiAnt; frequency and duration of DI appearances returned to previous levels.
焦虑症药物
给病人服用抗焦虑症药物兴奋停(ValiAnt)。对象出现嗜睡症状,每天至少睡眠12小时。相比服药之前,DI更频繁地在病人清醒期间浮现。增加剂量,DI出现更为频繁。DI似乎能推断出病人在接受怎样的治疗。第二次增加剂量。清醒期间,DI完全压制了对象的主人格。停止给病人服用兴奋停;DI出现的频率和时间回复到之前水平。
剧透 -   :
RESULTS
Pharmaceutical trials proved unsuccessful in prolonged suppression of DI. After cessation of all medication, patient’s IDID progressed on to Stage III. Further dosages of medication after the onset of Stage III produced negligible effects. Pharmaceutical treatment option no longer feasible. Pursuing other courses of study.
结果
在延长抑制DI的时间方面,药物治疗被证明无效。停用所有药物后,病人的IDID发展至阶段3。进入阶段3后,继续使用药物没有产生可见效果。药物疗法不再可行。寻找其它研究方向。
剧透 -   :
> So drugs clearly don’t work. I didn’t think we needed a medical researcher to tell us that.
> Puck
> Even though drugs aren’t the answer, these sorts of studies tell us something far more important. The CFD virus is rewiring hosts’ brains, which means it is still forced to rely on the wetware it was given. If you fuck around with its available wetware by introducing a manufactured chemical imbalance into the host’s brain, that can affect the cognitive abilities of the host and the viral personalities. Of course, the danger seems to be that a head case can pick up on this imbalance and fght its way around it, if given enough time.
>Nephrine
>也就是药完全没用。我觉得我们不需要找个医学研究员来告诉我们这个。
>Puck
>即使用药不是答案,这类研究也能告诉我们更重要的内容。CFD病毒在重写宿主的大脑,也就是说它还是依赖于它得到的湿件。如果你随便搞乱它的湿件,往宿主的大脑内引入人为制造的化学失衡,则会影响宿主的认知能力和病毒的人格。当然,危险在于,只要时间足够,脑病患能识别出这种失衡并且找到应付的方法。
>Nephrine

剧透 -   :
> At least it offers up a short-term solution to getting a CFD victim to cooperate, which I’ll bet would come in handy in an extraction. I certainly wouldn’t want a CFD personality to trigger a building-wide alarm and scream bloody murder when my team is trying to kidnap her host, but pop a SeroBlock in her, and I’m betting she’ll be a little quieter on the way out of the building.
> Pistons
> That’s assuming she hasn’t already progressed to “Stage III,” whatever the hell that means.
> Puck
> I don’t personally know the researcher who did this, but I believe the classifcation is a ranking of how deeply the dissociative identity has supplanted the base personality. As I understand, these researchers use a scale of Stage I—minor intrusion—to Stage IV—complete takeover.
> Butch
> Is there a Stage V, I wonder?
> Kane
> Yeah, I think they call that “death.”
> Slamm-0!
>至少药物提供了让CFD受害者在短期内配合的方法,我打赌这在移除时会很有用。我绝对不希望某个CFD人格在我的队伍绑走它的宿主时触发全楼警报还大叫“杀人了!”。只要给她塞一片欣罗布罗克,我相信她会在出来的路上安静一点。
>Pistons
>这是假设她还没到“阶段3”,不管是那是什么鬼意思。
>Puck
>我个人并不认识这位研究者,但我想先这个分类是对解离性人格取代基础人格的深度的分级。就我了解的,这些研究者使用阶段1——轻微入侵——到阶段4——完全取代、
>Butch
>我想知道,有没阶段5?
>Kane
>有吧,我猜他们把那叫做“死亡”。
>Slamm-0!

剧透 -   :
CASE 3: SURGERY
ABSTRACT
Subject: Juvenile female H. sapiens sapiens, age 6, affected by cognitive fragmentation disorder (CFD).
Presence of hostile nanites in prefrontal cortex. Subject has displayed signs of extreme moods swings, and secondary personality shows a level of maturation and a vocabulary inconsistent with subject’s age, development, and learning experience. Hypothesis: Nanite activity in subject’s brain is responsible for CFD. Hypothesis tested and verifed against similar cases. Patient recommended for psychosurgery.
Keywords: CFD, nanites, nanite removal, NanoFlush, juvenile neurology, prefrontal cortex, lobotomy
> Good God.
> Pistons
> Not cool, mystery virus thing. Not cool.
> Slamm-0!
案例3:手术
摘要
对象:未成年女性人类(H. sapiens sapiens),年龄6,感染认知碎片化障碍(CFD)。
前额叶皮质区存在恶性纳米体。对象出现剧烈情绪波动的迹象,次人格显现出与对象年龄、发育和学习经历不符的成熟和词汇量。假设:对象脑内活跃的纳米体造成了CFD。假设已被类似案例试验和验证。建议对病人进行精神外科手术。
关键字:CFD,纳米体,纳米体移除,纳米净(NanoFlush),青少年神经学,前额叶皮质区,额叶切除手术
>老天。
>Pistons
>不酷,神秘病毒,一点也不酷。
>Slamm-0!

剧透 -   :
METHOD
Patient’s condition was positively identifed using a battery of psychiatric and medical tests. Subject was treated for rogue nanites and prepared for psychosurgery. Routine surgery was then performed.
TESTING
Subject’s condition was frstidentifed by the patient’s teacher. Being a juvenile in corporate-run kindergarten, the patient would lapse into periods where she would employ adult-level language amongst her peers, using words, sentence structure, and subject matter a juvenile of her age group would not normally use. Since the patient was not previously noted as a prodigy, this behavior raised concern within the school’s faculty. Psychological tests. Patient was given several intelligence tests, during which the symptoms for dissociative identity disorder (DID) surfaced: irritability, inconsistency, change in demeanor, etc. Some tests showed the patient possessed remarkable skill for her age group (albeit not at prodigious levels), but tests during which her dissociative identity (DI) appeared, those administering the tests believed they spoke to not a juvenile but a full-grown adult with normal cognitive faculties. Further testing revealed the DI was quickly taking over the subject’s personality in a manner consistent with other CFD cases.

Medical imaging. EEG, CT scan, and aura reading revealed the presence of active nanites in the patient’s prefrontal cortex. Nanites were result of transgenic therapy performed in 2074 to address patient’s congenital suppressed immune system. Although the nanites should have gone dormant once the transgenic therapy was complete, they have instead remained active and have restructured part of the subject’s prefrontal cortex.
方法
使用全套精神学和医学测试确定病人为阳性。对象接受针对失控纳米体(rogue nanite)的治疗,做好接受精神外科手术的准备。随后进行常规手术。
测试
病人的老师最先确认病人的状况。病人是公司幼儿园的儿童,有些时段会对她的同龄人使用成人化的语言,其词汇、句子结构和谈话内容都不是她的年龄层里通常会使用的。由于病人之前并未被认为是神童,她的行为引起了教职工的注意。
心理学测试。病人接受了若干智力测试,测试期间出现解离性人格认知障碍(DID)的症状:易怒、情绪不连贯、举止改变,等等。某些测试显示,在一些方面,病人有以其年龄来说相当卓越的的才能(但未达到天才的程度),但在她解离性人格出现期间的测试里,测试人员认为与他们对话的不是一个儿童,而是一个有着正常的认知能力的成熟的成年人,。进一步测试显示,DI迅速取代了对象的人格,与其它CFD病例一致。
医学成像。EGG、CT扫描和灵光读取显示病人的前额叶皮质区存在活跃纳米体。这些纳米体是 2074年为提高先天免疫系统病人接受了转基因疗法时引入的。纳米体本应在转基因疗法结束后进入休眠,但它们依然保持活跃,并且重建了目标的部分前额叶皮质区。

剧透 -   :
TREATMENT
Hard nanite treatment. First treatment attempted to controlnanite population. NanoFlush was introduced into patient’s bloodstream. No noticeable effect observed within 24 hour period. Second dosage of NanoFlush administered at higher concentration. No noticeable effect. Follow-up CT scan reveals nanite population has effectively doubled within 48 hours of frstNanoFlush application. Hypothesis: Subject’s cortex nanites are subverting theNanoFlushnanites to their own purposes.

Soft nanite treatment. Second treatment attempted to control nanite population with “soft machine” nanites programmed to act as antibodies to any hard machine nanites they encountered. The patient’s hard nanite infestation destroyed these soft nanites immediately upon them circulating through the subject’s brain. Isotope treatment. Third treatment attempt employed radioactive isotopes intended to confuse or sterilize the nanites. This resulted in the subject experiencing acute migraine headaches for a period of three days, but the nanite population persisted and continued to grow until it had subsumed approximately 75 percent of the subject’s prefrontal cortex.
治疗
硬纳米治疗。第一次治疗试图控制纳米体增殖。向病人血管注入纳米净(NanoFlush)。24小时内未观察到明显效果。第二次注入更高浓度的纳米净。没有明显效果。随后的CT扫描显示第一次使用纳米净后48小时内纳米体数量增长了一倍。假说:目标脑皮质内的纳米体将注入的纳米净纳米体转为己用。
软纳米治疗。第二次治疗使用已编程“软”纳米机器,试图将其作为抗体,对抗遭遇到的任何“硬”纳米体。软纳米体经血液循环流经目标大脑时,立刻被病毒“硬”纳米体消灭。
同位素治疗。第三次治疗试图用放射性同位素扰乱或杀灭纳米体。治疗使目标连续三天出现剧烈偏头痛,但纳米体数量没有下降反而持续增长,并最终占据了目标前额叶大脑皮质层75%的区域。

剧透 -   :
PSYCHOSURGERY
Due to nanite treatment attempts failing, the subject was recommended for psychosurgery after an extensive neurological consultation. A panel of consultants determined the only way to defnitively preserve the patient’s still-developing neurological faculties was to perform a prefrontal lobotomy. The panel believed that if the prefrontal cortex was denied access to the rest of the patient’s brain, the nanite infestation would have nowhere to progress. Also, given the subject’s young age, it is hypothesized that the subject’s still-developing brain might be able to rewire itself in the absence of a prefrontal cortex.

Transorbital lobotomy. Transorbital procedure was performed immediately using dual orbitoclast method. Great care was taken to ensure no nanites migrated from the prefrontal cortex to the frontal cortex during the procedure. Procedure was successful in severing neural pathways between the prefrontal cortex and the rest of the subject’s brain. Subject recuperated and regained consciousness.
精神外科手术
鉴于纳米治疗尝试失败,进行大量神经学咨询后建议目标接受精神外科手术。咨询专家组认为唯一能够保留病人发育中的神经系统的方法是进行脑前额叶切断术。专家组相信,若切除前额叶皮质层与病人大脑其它部分的连接,纳米体便会无处蔓延。同时,目标的年龄还比较小,理论上一个还在发育中的大脑或许能在没有前额叶的情况下成功重塑自己。
眶穿脑额叶切除(Transorbital lobotomy)。立刻使用双锥法*(dual orbitoclast method)进行眶穿脑额叶切除。手术期间尽力确保没有纳米体从前额叶皮质迁移至额叶皮质。手术成功切断了前额叶皮质区与大脑其它部分的神经通路。目标康复并苏醒。
(*译注:orbitoclast是一种用于脑叶切除手术的工具,形状就像一支碎冰锥,从眼眶插入大脑。都2075了还用1948的工具=_=)

剧透 -   :
RESULTS
Despite prefrontal lobotomy being a success, the patient has gravitated toward a vegetative state after recuperation period. Symptoms of IOS and the DI have ceased; however, the subject’s original personality remains absent. Patient displays no aptitude for speech or other normal neurological behavior, but involuntary brain functions remain at baseline levels. Thus far, the subject’s brain has not created new neurological connections to replace those the lobotomy removed, but further observation will determine whether or not these pathways will regrow.

The nanite population within the disconnected prefrontal cortex remains at a high level of activity. Since the procedure’s completion, the subject has begun exhibiting low-signal-strength radio activity, which leads observers to believe the nanite population is attempting to reach out from its isolation. Subject has been confned to a Faraday cage to prevent any potential incidents from occurring. If this effect worsens, it is recommended the subject undergo a partial lobectomy to physically remove the prefrontal cortex from the cranium.
结果
尽管前脑额叶 切除手术取得成功,但病人在术后恢复期之后陷入类似植物人状态。IOS和DI症状消失,但目标原有人格依然没有出现。病人没有语言能力,也没有其它普通的神经学行为,但无意识的大脑功能还保持在最低水平。截至至今,病人的大脑没有产生新的神经连接以取代被切除的部分,但还需要进一步观察才能确认这些通路是否会重新长成。
被隔离的前额叶皮质层内的纳米体依然保持高度活跃。手术结束后,目标开始出现弱信号强度电磁波活动。目标被收容在法拉第笼内以避免发生任何意外。如果该情况恶化,建议目标进行部分脑叶切除手术,在物理层面将脑前额叶皮质层从颅骨内移除。

剧透 -   :
> That is just … I can’t even …
> Pistons
> Come on, you damn virus. Not even little girls get a getout-of-jail-free card?
> Hard Exit
> Butch, anything to say on this one?
> Bull
> Other than mentioning I knew this girl personally? No.
> Butch
> Who was she? A niece? A friend’s daughter?
> Puck
> I’m not going to talk about it. Don’t ask again.
> Butch
> Considering the keyword is “knew,” I’m guessing it didn’t
end well.
> Slamm-0!
> Nice to know that a fucking lobotomy is an acceptable
alternative to CFD.
> Kane
> In case you weren’t paying attention, that probably won’t work on adults. Their brains are already fully formed and pretty set in their ways. Severing neurological connections in an adult is like playing Russian roulette with your brain. A lobectomy would be even worse.
>Nephrine
> I though docs stopped performing lobotomies around the turn of the century or so.
> Hard Exit
> They did, mostly. Lobotomies are exceptionally rare nowadays, but under the right circumstances, they can actually be benefcial.
>Nephrine
> The “right” circumstances in this instance being an innocent six-year-old girl?
> Hard Exit
> In this case? Yes. I’d … probably have done the same
thing.
> Butch
>这真是……我不能……甚至……
>Pistons
>来吧,你这该死的病毒。难道小女孩都不能拿到“免费出狱卡”*?
>Hard Exit
>Butch,对这个有什么要说的吗?
>Bull
>除了我本人曾认识这个小女孩这件事吗?没了。
>Butch
>她是谁?你侄女?朋友的女儿?
>Puck
>我不会说的。别问了。
>Butch
>关键词是“曾”。我猜最后结果不太好。
>Slamm-0!
>很高兴知道神TM脑切除也好过CFD。
>Kane
>你可能没仔细看,这个方法不能用在成年人身上。成年人的大脑已经发育完全,神经连接已经相对固化。切断成年人的大脑神经连接就像对你的大脑玩俄罗斯轮盘赌。一个脑叶切除手术会更糟。
>Nephrine
>我以为医生们早在世纪之交或者别的什么时候就停止脑叶切除手术了。
>Hard Exit
>他们是停止了,大部分。现在脑叶切除手术十分罕见,但在适当情况下,这可能是好方法。
>Nephrine
>“适当”的情况,这里是指无辜的六岁小女孩?
>Hard Exit
>这种情况吗?是的,我……大概会做同样的事。
>Butch
(校注:大富翁里的一张卡,可以让角色出狱)
剧透 -   :
CASE 4: NANITE PURGE
ABSTRACT
Subject: Adult female H. sapiens robustus, age 52, affected by cognitive fragmentation disorder (CFD). Presence of hostile nanites in prefrontal cortex contributing to CFD at an advanced rate. Subject began at a Stage II level of CFD before referral to this case study. Transition from Stage I to Stage II occurred within one week. Age of subject discourages standard psychosurgical practices. Attempts made to remove nanites from brain tissue.
Keywords: IOS, nanites, nanite removal, auxons, neurosurgery, craniotomy
案例4:纳米清除
摘要
对象:成年女性兽人(H. sapiens robustus),年龄52,感染认知碎片化障碍。移交本案例研究前,脑前额叶皮质层内导致CFD的恶性纳米体密度已较高。移交本研究前目标已处于CFD阶段2。从阶段1转变至阶段2用了一周时间。目标的年龄不适合进行普通精神外科手术。尝试从脑组织中去除纳米体。
关键词:IOS,纳米体,纳米去除,自生纳米体,精神外科手术,开颅手术

剧透 -   :
METHOD
After assessing patient’s condition, several attempts were made to remove hostile nanites from the subject.
方法
评估病人状况后,尝试使用多种方式去除目标体内的纳米体。
剧透 -   :
NANITE REMOVAL
Other cases linking this condition and hostile nanite activity in the brain (see Howell and Rowan, 2075), have outlined unsatisfactory results when using targeted nanite-removal serums (such as NanoFlush, Nanofree, andMachineBGone), soft nanites, radiological isotopes, or similar removal methods. Neurological consultants suggested the subject undergo an experimental procedure involving the mechanical removal of the nanites.

Mechanical nanite removal. Frontotemporal craniotomy was performed to allow surgeon access to subject’s affected brain tissue. Exposed brain tissue beneath the meningeal layers appeared slightly discolored, exhibiting a light grey mold-like texture on the surface. The discoloration possesses the consistency of arterial plaque, and when it is examined beneath an electron microscope is revealed to be large colonies of nanites that have formed atop and between folds of brain tissue. Using the electron microscope, the surgeon identifed the largest concentrations of nanites and scraped them away from affected brain tissue. This time-consuming procedure required four hours to remove only a three cm2 area of nanite plaque. At the end of the four-hour procedure, areas that had already been cleaned of nanites began to suffer encroachment. Auxons—self-replicating nanites—started
Full craniotomy. At this point it was deemed the only way to successfully clean the nanites using this method was to perform a complete craniotomy, remove the nanites as quickly as possible, and ft the patient with acyberskull. Under normal circumstances, this sort of procedure would be too cost-ineffective and time-consuming to attempt; however, the subject is of some importance and has a benefactor who stated no cost was too great. Procedure went forward. Full craniotomy performed. Nanite plaque also discovered on subject’s temporal and occipital lobes. A rotating team of twelve neurosurgeons worked twenty-four hours a day for a total of six days in order to complete the cleaning procedure. Another twelve hours was spent ftting the patient with anEvo Adroit cyberskull.
纳米去除
其它与此种情况以及大脑内的活跃恶性纳米体相关的案例(见Howell and Rowan, 2075)指出,靶向纳米去除药物(如纳米净NanoFlush、纳米清Nanofree和机械退散MachineBGone)、软纳米体、放射性同位素以及类似去除方法的效果并不令人满意。神经学专家建议目标进行实验性的机械式纳米去除手术。
机械式纳米去除。进行额颞叶开颅手术以便让手术师能接触目标被感染的脑组织。脑膜层下暴露的脑组织有轻微褪色,表面呈灰色霉菌状物质。褪色区域类似粥状动脉硬化斑块,放在电子显微镜下检查后发现是一大群聚集在脑组织上部和褶皱之间的纳米体。手术师利用电子显微镜识别出最大的纳米体群,将其刮离被感染的脑组织。手术时间十分漫长,4小时仅清除了3cm^2区域的纳米感染。手术进行4小时后,已经清除纳米体的区域开始被入侵。自生纳米体(Auxon)——能自我复制的纳米体——启动。
开颅手术。此时唯一能够成功清除纳米体的方法是进行全开颅手术,尽快清除纳米体,并给病人换上赛博头骨。通常情况下不会尝试这类手术——相对于实用性它的花费过高且耗时。但手术对象地位重要,她的出资人声明不惜任何花费。手术继续进行。进行全开颅手术。在目标的颞叶和枕叶也发现了纳米体入侵。十二名精神外科医生的轮换手术小组日夜不休连续进行了六天的手术才完成了清理。随后花了十二个小时给病人装上天演·巧脑(Evo Adroit)赛博头骨。

剧透 -   :
RESULTS
Nanite removal attempt was successful. Following recovery, subject remained listless and uncommunicative but seemed aware of surroundings. First successful post-operative communication came in the form of aphasic word-salad. Subject seems to be on the mend but has diffculty remembering names and faces. Surgeon team hesitates to call the procedure a complete success, as the patient’s level of function and awareness has not returned to even 20 percent of her pre-operative capacity. Current prognosis from follow-up EEG and CT scans indicate patient will likely recover no more that 35 percent of her cognitive functions.
结果
成功去除纳米体。随后的术后修复中,目标保持倦怠、寡言,但似乎能感知周围环境。术后第一次成功的交流像个失语者的词汇(in the form of aphasic word)——沙拉。看起来目标的病情正在好转,但在记忆名字和人脸方面有困难。手术小组不愿称这是一次完全成功的手术,病人的机能和意识并未回复到术前的20%。根据随后的EEG和CT扫描结果做出的诊断,病人可能最多恢复35%的认知能力。

剧透 -   :
> Okay, this sounds promising. Assuming you have incredibly deep pockets and don’t mind getting an entirely new skull as part of the deal. And you’re okay with being mostly brain dead afterwards.
> Slamm-0!
> Hey, at least it’s a step up from a lobotomy.
> Kane
> At this rate, anything’s a step up from a lobotomy.
> Hard Exit
> Well, it’s the most success we’ve seen thus far.
> Kane
> So, any ideas who this patient was? Some young corp exec’s mother or something?
> Bull
> My source was not allowed to ID the subject. I got the impression that if someone found out he’d told me, they’d have had him killed. He only shared the case with me for medicaledifcation and left it at that.
> Butch
> Maybe it’s just me, but I’m not really liking the sound of any of these treatments. Surely medical advancement has come a bit further along than cutting open someone’s melon and scraping infected areas off with a butter knife.
> Slamm-0!
> I just hope to Ghost ’Jack hasn’t tried any of these
methods. If he has, he’s probably already dead or
wishing he was.
> Pistons
>好吧,这听起来还挺有希望。只要你有深不见底的钱袋,还不介意治疗后换个全新的脑壳。你还得接受手术后基本上脑死。
>Slamm-0!
>嘿,这比脑叶切除有进步了。
>Kane
>照这程度,什么都比脑叶切除进步了。
>Hard Exit
>毕竟,至少这是我们至今看到最成功的病例了。
>Kane
>那么,关于这病人是谁,有人有想法吗?某个年轻公司高管的母亲之类的?
>Bull
>我的消息来源不被允许接触目标的ID。给我的感觉是,如果有谁发现他告诉了我,他们会把他杀了。他和我分享只是为了医学启迪,到此为止。
>Butch
>可能只有我,但我真不喜欢这里任何一种治疗方法给我的感觉。医学已经有一些发展了,肯定有比切开脑壳用黄油刀刮掉感染区域好的方法吧。
>Slamm-0!
>我只能向鬼祈祷杰克没有尝试任何一种方法。如果他试过了,那他大概已经死了,或者希望自己死了。
>Pistons
« 上次编辑: 2018-05-18, 周五 20:41:02 由 NewAlbionDrone »
If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it's probably an Andrik

离线 NewAlbionDrone

• Knight
  • Vive la Monad!
Re: 【StS】再次重写p79-93(翻译中……
« 回帖 #1 于: 2017-12-27, 周三 20:17:56 »
引用
缩写
BP Blood Pressure血压
TOD Time of death 死亡时间
BPMbeats per minute 每分钟跳动次数

剧透 -   :
MAGICAL METHODS
Although mundane medical technology has come along way since the days when lobotomies were commonplace, magical medicine has made leaps andbounds since the Awakening. However, the CFD virusstill presents quite a challenge, one a simple spell cannot easily counteract. This next group of case studiesexamines some of the occult methods that have beenused to combat CFD.
魔法手段
尽管从脑额叶切除术还很平常的年代起,非魔法医疗技术有了很大进展,但觉醒后,魔法医疗有了跨越式发展。但CFD病毒仍然是个相当大的挑战,无法用一个简单的法术消除。下一组研究案例考察了若干用于对抗CFD的神秘学手段。

剧透 -   :
CASE 1: PULSE
//BEGIN AUDIO TRANSCRIPT//
<heart monitor beeping softly>
Thaumaturge: <dictating>This is [REDACTED]. Patient is an adult male Homo sapiens nobilis, age
29, and is showing signs of identity overwriting syndrome. My assensing of the subject has confrmed thepresence of nanite activity in the patient’s brain, alongwith other headware. Medical practitioners have alreadyattempted treating the patient with pharmaceutical and
therapeutic techniques, but to no avail. In this phase Iwill attempt to remove the patient’s nanites using a verycomplex and carefully crafted version of the pulse spellformula.
Patient: Stop!
Thaumaturge: Are we ready to begin the procedure?
Patient: Get your hands off me!
Assistant: Yes, ma’am.
Patient: You cannot do this to me!
Thaumaturge: <dictating> Note that the patient
has been restrained and is combative regarding treatment.
Patient: I am the son of [REDACTED]! So help me, I
will—
Thaumaturge: Go ahead and sedate the patient.
Patient: You do not know what you are—ngh!
<sounds of struggle>
Assistant: Applying sedative.
Patient: You are …
Thaumaturge: How’s he doing?
Patient: You … are …
<rustling of examination table paper>
<heart monitor slows>
案例1:脉冲(Pulse)
//开始音频记录//
<轻柔的心脏监护器蜂鸣声>
咒术师:<口述>这里是[已编辑]。病人为一名成年男性精灵(Homo sapiens nobilis),年龄29,出现身份重写症状。我对病人使用灵视,证实了病人大脑内有纳米体活动,此外还有其它脑部殖装。医疗业者已经尝试过用药物和其它疗法治疗病人,但没有效果。在这一阶段,我将尝试用一种非常复杂的、经过仔细编写的脉冲法术(pulse spell)公式移除病人体内的纳米体。
病人:停下!
咒术师:我们准备好开始了吗?
病人:别碰我!
助手:是的,女士。
病人:你不能这样对我!
咒术师:<口述>注意到病人已被拘束,并且对治疗十分不满且好斗。
病人:我是[已编辑]的儿子!帮帮我!我会——
咒术师:继续,给病人注射镇静剂。
病人:你不知道你在干——嗷!
<挣扎的声音>
助手:注射镇静剂。
病人:你在……
咒术师:病人怎样了?
病人:你在……
<查看检查结果文件表格的沙沙声>
<心脏监护器频率变慢>
剧透 -   :
Assistant: Pulse is normalizing. BP is one-twenty
over eighty.
Thaumaturge: <dictating> Patient has been sedatedfor the procedure.
Patient: … upsetting … the …
Thaumaturge: Secure the patient’s head to the skullclamp. If his head is not completely still, the sterilization
attempt could very well kill him.
Patient: … natural order of things …
<metallic sounds>
Assistant: Doctor, shouldn’t we put him all the wayunder?
Thaumaturge: No. I need to see normal brain activityin order for this work. Just keep him still.
Patient: <groaning>
Thaumaturge: Bring up the brain map. Okay, good.
Thank you, [REDACTED]. I am now assensing the patientand comparing the aura with the brain map. Just as I expected, both match up perfectly.
Assistant: Pulse has slowed to ffty BPM. BP is oneten over seventy.
Thaumaturge: I am now ready to prepare the spell.Boulderdash, if you would be so kind as to assist me inmy sorcery?
<no audio>
Thaumaturge: As I said before, this is a modifed spellformula I created specifcally for this purpose. While onthe surface the spell does not appear to expend verymuch magical energy, the precision with which I mustcraft its execution will require the utmost care. Is the patient’s head secure?
Assistant: Yes, ma’am. Vitals are stable.
Thaumaturge: Good. <dictating> I am casting the spell now.
<soft, arcane chanting>
<gurgling sounds>
<burst of audio static>
<sound of body collapsing to the floor>
<metal clattering>
<heart monitor stutters, then flatlines>
助手:脉搏正在变缓。血压120/80。
咒术师:<口述>对病人使用镇静剂以便治疗。
病人:……激怒……
咒术师:将病人的头部固定在颅夹(skull clamp)上。如果头部没有完全固定,杀灭纳米体的尝试很可能杀了他。
病人:……自然的秩序……
<金属声>
助手:医生,我们不应该让他完全麻醉吗?咒术师:不用。我需要看到正常脑部活动才能完成。让他保持不动就好。
病人:<低吼>
咒术师:把脑图谱显示出来。好的,很好。谢谢,[已编辑]。我正在用灵视观察病人,并将病人的灵光和脑图谱作比对。正如我所预料,两者完美吻合。
助手:脉搏降至50BPM。血压10/70。
咒术师:我现在准备好施放法术。推石小子(Boulderdash)*,你能好心帮我施法吗?
<没有声音>
咒术师:如我之前所说,这是我专门为这次治疗发明的修正法术公式。表面上这个法术看起来没有耗费太多魔法能量,但施放时我必须十二分小心才能保证精度。病人的头部固定好了吗?
助手:是的,女士。生命体征稳定。
咒术师:很好。<口述>我现在要施法了。
<轻柔、神秘的吟诵>
<液体流动声>
<静电声炸开>
<身体摔倒在地面的声音>
<金属碰撞声>
<心胀监控器凌乱地声音,然后是平线声>
(*译注:Boulderdash是1984年发行的一款电子游戏。)   
剧透 -   :
Assistant: Doctor, are you all right?
Thaumaturge: Ugh … I … What … what happened?
Assistant: I don’t know. [REDACTED] started havinga seizure during the casting. Next thing I knew, you wereon the floor.
Thaumaturge: My … my spirit’s gone. Drain must’veknocked me out.
Assistant: It was a complex spell, ma’am. I should’veseen this coming.
Thaumaturge: It’s not your fault. I … I knew the risks.So did whatever is in [REDACTED]’s head. It must’vefound some way to make the spell backfre.
Assistant: Impossible. A Matrix entity can’t have anypractical knowledge of spellcraft.
Thaumaturge: That may be true, but enough magicaltheory papers exist on the Matrix for anyone to peruse.Perhaps the nanites changed position at the very lastmoment, just enough to throw off the spell.
Assistant: I’d rather not think nanites are smartenough to do such a thing, ma’am.
Thaumaturge: Those little buggers might surpriseyou, [REDACTED].
<grunting, exhalation>
Thaumaturge: <dictating> Patient did not survivespell attempt. Blood issuing from all cranial orifces. Assensing of patient’s corpse indicates deep burns andscarring on brain tissue as a result of spellcasting. Otheravenues of research must be—
Assistant: Uh, ma’am … I hate to interrupt, but I’mgetting some really weird static on my commlink …
<heart monitor beeps, slowly>
Thaumaturge: What in Ghost’s na—
<sounds of struggle>
<shrieks>
//END AUDIO TRANSCRIPT//
助手:医生,你还好吗?
咒术师:呃……我……发……发生什么了?
助手:我不知道。施法过程中[已编辑]突然抽搐起来。然后我就看到你倒在地上了。
咒术师:我的……我的精魂走了。一定是耗竭把我敲晕了。
助手:这是个复杂的法术,女士,我应该预见到的。
咒术师:不是你的错。我……我清楚风险。[已编辑]脑子里的不管什么东西也清楚。一定是它找到方法让法术反噬了。
助手:不可能。矩阵存在不可能知道怎么施法。
咒术师:可能是这样,但矩阵上有足够的魔法理论论文,任何人都能查阅。或许纳米体在最后一刻改变了位置,正好弹开了法术。
助手:我不想认为纳米体聪明得能完成这样的事情,女士。
咒术师:这些小混蛋们可能会吓你一跳,[已编辑]
<嘟囔声,叹气声>
咒术师:<口述>病人没能活过施法尝试。颅部所有孔洞流出血液。用灵视观察病人的尸体显示,施法导致脑组织有严重烧伤和灼伤,我们应寻找其它……
助手:呃……女士,我不想打断您,但我的通讯链有非常奇怪的静电声……
<心脏监护器发出缓慢的“哔——哔——”声>
咒术师:鬼魂在上怎——
<搏斗声>
<尖叫>
//音频记录结束//
剧透 -   :
> Huh. A mage who’s actually polite to her spirits? That’s something you don’t see every day.
>Slamm-0!
> Not all of us are jerks to ethereal denizens.
>Ethernaut
> So what went wrong here? Any spellslingers care to take a guess? And could this even work, if done right?
> Bull
> A very precisely targeted physical manipulation spell of the complexity this doctor is talking about is defnitely
able to knock the caster out if it goes wrong.
> Elijah
> But it’s just a single spell. What’s the big deal?
> /dev/grrl
> There are approximately one trillion neurons in the metahuman brain. Even if Ms. Thaumaturge here was trying to destroy nanites from even a small fraction of the patient’s neurons, she’d need more than the sorcery help of a single spirit to make sure the drain doesn’t kill her on the spot.
>Nephrine
> Still, it’s just a single spell.
> /dev/grrl
> Unless I’m mistaken, the doctor was trying to cast the equivalent of thousands of “micro-effect” spells all at
once. Doesn’t matter how big the spell effect is; a spell is a spell. With that kind of drain, however, I’m amazed the
doctor even managed to walk away. She must’ve been a high-level initiate to have survived that.
> Elijah
> Of course, that still doesn’t explain why a brain-fried patient could suddenly recover from flatlining.
>Slamm-0!
> There’s so little we truly understand about this virus and just what it does once it’s in the brain. My professional
guess without access to all the data? Maybe in certain circumstances CFD is capable of creating its own neural
connections to replace those that have been damaged and would kill the host. I may be wrong, but I’ll bet the
virus jumpstarted the patient’s involuntary pulmonary functions—heartbeat, breathing, etc.—in the interest of
self-preservation. Granted, the guy’s probably a vegetable now, but at least his PF kept itself alive, on the off chance
it could jump to another host.
> Butch
> So, how many parasites actively fght to keep its host alive and kicking?
> /dev/grrl
> As is always the case with nature, it depends on what they get out of it.
>Ecotope
>哈。真的有法师会对她的精魂以礼相待?这可不是每天都能见到的。
>Slamm-0!
>不是我们每个人都像个混蛋一样对待星界住民的。
>Ethernaut (校:以太漫游者)
>但是这里出了什么问题?有哪位施法者愿意猜猜吗?还有,如果操作正确,这方法能行吗?
>Bull
>这位医生所谈到的,一个目标非常精细、并且十分复杂的物理操纵法术,要是出错,肯定能把施法者敲晕。
>Elijah
>但这只是一个单个的法术。有什么大问题吗?
>/dev/grrl
>泛人类大脑中大概有1兆神经元。即使这位咒术师女士只想要要摧毁病人的一小部分神经元中的纳米体,她也需要不只一个精魂协助施法才能保证不被耗竭当场毙掉,。
>Nephrine
>但是,这依然只是单独一个法术啊。
>/dev/grrl
>如果我没看错,那么这位医生试图施放的是等同于同时放出几千个“微效”法术的法术。法术效果有多强并不重要,一个法术就是一个法术。经受那种程度的耗竭,那位医生还能走开,真让我惊讶。她一定是个高级觉醒者才能活下来。
>Elijah
>当然,这还是不能解释为何一个脑子被烤干的病人突然从平线恢复了。
>Slamm-0!
>我们对病毒还有它在脑子里的活动了解得太少。不能接触数据的情况下,我的专业猜测?可能某些情况下CFD能够制造出自己的神经连接取代那些被摧毁的,阻止宿主死亡。可能我错了,但我打赌病毒强行启动了病人的无意识呼吸机能——心跳、呼吸等,为的是保存自己。当然,这家伙现在应该是个植物人了,但至少他的PF让自己活着,等着万分之一的机会跳到另一个宿主。
>Butch
>那么,有多少寄生体会主动攻击以保证宿主活蹦乱跳?
> /dev/grrl
>正如自然界的大多情况一样,这取决于寄生体能获得什么。
>Ecotope

剧透 -   :
CASE 2: SPIRITS
PROCEDURE FOR TREATMENTOF NANITE-INDUCED IOS VIA
SPIRITUAL NEUROSURGERYSubjects in this study are afflicted with hostile brainnanites causing cognitive fragmentation disorder(CFD). Prognosis for each subject is complete personality loss and thus will result in the legal brain deathof the host (as authorized by [REDACTED] laws) unless
some actions are taken to prevent this from occurring.Due to the failure or outright catastrophe of mundanepharmaceutical, psychiatric, and surgical methods, Ihave been approved to undertake researched but experimental measures of occult nature in dealing withCFD patients. Documentation of procedure and outcome of medical trials follows.
案例2:精魂
通过精魂精神外科手术治疗纳米体诱发IOS的精魂疗法
本研究的对象都感染了恶性脑部纳米体,导致认知碎片化失调症(CFD)。诊断预测,每个对象都即将完全丧失人格,最终将导致宿主法律上的脑死(依照[已编辑]法律),除非采取某些措施避免这一后果。鉴于非魔法的药物、精神病学以及手术疗法均失败或导致了灾难性后果,我被允许进行已经过研究但仍处于实验阶段的神秘学手段应对CFD病人。下面是治疗流程文档和医学实验的结果。
剧透 -   :
METHOD FOR SPIRITUAL
NEUROSURGERY FOR IOS
Background and Research. In patients experiencingneurological or psychological dysfunction, the application of spirit therapy techniques has provided neurologists and psychiatrists with a larger range of treatmentoptions. These treatments have been successfully applied to such conditions as schizophrenia, dissociativeidentity disorder, aneurysms, embolisms, lobotomies,brain tumors, and so on (see Smythe and Westin, 2070).
Depending on which sources are consulted, the successrate of such therapies lies in the range of 70 to 85 percent. Because of these success ratings, I remain confdent that spirit therapy can also be applied to nanite-induced CFD. Considering other methods of treatment,including some magical approaches, have thus far yielded unacceptable results, I have concluded that spirittherapy remains our most viable treatment option, evenif it produces a lower success rate than it would for otherneurological conditions.
治疗IOS的精魂精神外科手术方法
背景与研究。针对神经层面或心理层面机能障碍的病人,精魂治疗技术为神经病学家和精神病学家提供了更大范围的治疗手段。这些治疗方法被成功用于精神分裂、分离性人格认知障碍、动脉瘤、栓塞症、脑叶切除、脑部肿瘤等病症(见Smythe and Westin, 2070)。
类似疗法有70%至85%的成功率,取决于咨询哪些信息来源。正是由于有这种成功率,我有信心精魂疗法也能用于治疗纳米体诱发CFD。考虑到其它治疗方法,包括魔法手段,都还未能得出可接受的结果,我认为精魂疗法是我们最可行的治疗方式,即使它的成功率比用于其它神经学病症时要低。
剧透 -   :
Summoning. Spirit therapy for treating nanite-induced CFD involves the attending theurgist summoningan elemental spirit. The more powerful the spirit, themore effective the treatment—an important consideration when an arcane physician attempts the procedure. A summoning focus is recommended in all casesto help acquire the most powerful spirit possible for theprocedure. Additionally, the use of a binding focus isstrongly recommended: Bound spirits have been shown
to perform at higher success rates in these types of procedures than do temporary summons. However, due totheir persistent nature and obedience, ally spirits are themost preferable spirit type to use in this procedure andhave evidenced the highest success rate in related treatments. If an ally is not readily available to the theurgist, abound spirit will suffce.
召唤。治疗纳米体诱发CFD的精魂疗法需要参与治疗的咒术师召唤一只元素精魂。精魂越强大,治疗越有效——这是奥术医师尝试本疗法时必学考虑的重要条件。在所有条件下,都建议使用召唤法器以便获得尽可能强大的精魂以用于治疗。同时强烈建议使用束缚法器:经验显示在这类治疗过程中,被束缚精魂的成功率比临时召唤更高。但是鉴于盟友精魂*(ally spirite)的持续性和服从性,它们是最适合用在本治疗过程的,同时类似治疗也证明它们有着最高的成功率。如果咒术师无法获得盟友精魂,则被束缚精魂也堪用。
剧透 -   :
Assensing the Subject. While assensing the subject,the theurgist identifes the part of the subject’s aurawhere the nanites create an altered spot within the subject’s brain. This practice is similar to the detection of abrain tumor or aneurysm but requires a much smallersense of scale. The assensing allows the theurgist to create a map of the infection, which will allow the spirit toact accordingly.
Directing the Spirit. Once the subject has been assensed and the aura map has been created, the theurgistcommands the spirit to link to his own senses, so that itwill see what the theurgist sees when astrally perceiving.Use of a sustaining focus is recommended for the spiritso that it can concentrate as much of its energies as possible on the procedure. Using the aura map, the theurgist
directs the spirit to reach out to the affected areas of thesubject. What the spirit needs to do is physically manifesta microscopic (or smaller) part of its essence inside thepatient’s brain. The theurgist then commands the spirit touse one of its powers to destroy the nanites in that location. Due to the size of nanites and the delicateness ofthe human brain, this procedure must be undertaken withthe utmost care and attention to detail. In failure casesfor spiritual neurosurgery, 5 percent of the cases failed orwere aborted due to an uncooperative spirit botching theprocedure, either purposefully or accidentally.
对对象使用灵视。灵视时,咒术师识别出纳米体在对象的脑部造成的灵光变化。过程类似探测出脑部肿瘤或动脉瘤,但观察尺度要小得多。灵视让咒术师能够绘制感染区域图,让精魂依此行动。
指示精魂。对象经过灵视、绘制好灵光地图后,咒术师命令精魂与自己的感官连接,这样精魂能在星界感知到咒术师的视觉。建议为精魂使用维持法器,使精魂能够尽可能把所有能量专注于治疗过程。利用灵光地图,咒术师指示精魂接触对象的感染区域。精魂需要做的是在病人的大脑内物理实体化自己的微小(或者再小一点)的一部分。咒术师随后命令精魂使用一种精魂能力摧毁该位置的纳米体。由于纳米体的体积过小而人脑又过于精细,本治疗流程必须极其小心、每个细节都必须全神贯注。失败的精魂精神外科手术中,5%的失败或中止是由于精魂不够合作而搞砸了手术,有些是故意有些是意外。
剧透 -   :
TRIAL RESULTS
TRIAL #1
Patient: Adult male, age 32, H. sapiens sapiens
Bound spirit: Fire elemental, medium power, summoned with summoning focus, bound using bindingfocus
Procedure start: 0900 hours
Assensing time: 15 minutes
Procedure end: 0917 hours
Result: 112 seconds into directing the spirit through
nanite removal process, patient’s cranium exploded.
Procedure halted. Autopsy revealed burn traces on brain
tissue.
Reason: Spirit manifested too much of itself inside
patient’s brain and employed elemental effects, creating
unsustainable levels of intracranial pressure. Catastrophic pressure relieved itself by forcing its way through patient’s skull.
Recommendations for further trials: Higher force
spirit, different spirit type, increased assensing time, different patient phenotype.
试验结果
试验#1
病人:成年男性,年龄32,人类(H. sapiens sapiens)
束缚精魂:火元素,中等强度,使用召唤法器召唤,使用束缚法器束缚
治疗开始:0900时
灵视时间:15分钟
治疗结束:0917时
结果:指示精魂清除纳米体112秒后,病人的头骨爆炸。治疗中止。尸检显示脑组织烧伤痕迹。
原因:精魂在病人大脑内实体化的部分太多,配合元素效果,造成颅内压升过度。巨大的压力冲开了病人的头骨释放。
给后续试验的建议:更高强度的精魂,不同精魂种类,增加灵视时间,不同病人表现型*。
(*译注:即不同种族)
剧透 -   :
TRIAL #2
Patient: Adult female, age 30, H. sapiens robustus
Bound spirit: Earth elemental, medium-high power,
summoned with summoning focus, bound using binding focus
Assensing time: 30 minutes
Procedure end: 0943 hours
Result: After 13 minutes into directing spirit through
nanite removal process, patient’s cranium violently fractured. Procedure halted. Autopsy revealed blunt-force
trauma to brain tissue.
Reason: Despite hardy robustus skull, the spirit manifested too much of itself inside patient’s brain, creating
unsustainable levels of intracranial pressure. Pressure relieved itself by forcing open patient’s skull along cranial
bone joints.
Recommendations for further trials: Higher force
spirit, different spirit type, increased assensing time, different patient phenotype.
试验#2
病人:成年女性,年龄30,兽人(H. sapiens robustus)
束缚精魂:土元素,中高强度,使用召唤法器召唤,使用束缚法器束缚
灵视时间:30分钟
治疗结束:0943时
结果:指示精魂清除纳米体13分钟后,病人的头盖骨发生剧烈断裂。治疗中止。尸检显示脑组织有钝击外伤。
原因:虽然兽人头骨十分牢固,精魂在病人大脑内实体化的部分太多,造成颅内压升过度。压力沿着颅骨接缝挤开病人的头颅释放。
给后续试验的建议:更高强度的精魂,不同精魂种类,增加灵视时间,不同病人表现型。
剧透 -   :
TRIAL #3
Patient: Adult male, age 40, H. sapiens ingentis
Bound spirit: Water elemental, high power, summoned with summoning focus, bound using binding focus
Assensing time: 90 minutes
Procedure end: 1215 hours
Result: Procedure began with promising results. No intracranial pressure registered. 103 minutes into spirit direction, patient’s vitals dropped. 2 minutes later, blood began
seeping from cranial orifces. Procedure halted. TOD: 1217
hours. Autopsy revealed trauma to anterior cerebral artery,
which caused excessive bleeding and brain death.
Reason: Despite hardy ingentis skull, high-Force spirit, increased assensing time, and meticulous spirit direction, the spirit manifested too much of itself inside
patient’s brain, putting unacceptable levels on pressure
on the anterior cerebral artery.
Recommendations for further trials: Future trials
placed on hold to determine in more detail why procedure consistently fails.
试验#3
病人:成年男性,年龄40,巨魔(H. sapiens ingentis)
束缚精魂:水精魂,高强度,使用召唤法器召唤,使用束缚法器束缚
灵视时间:90分钟
流程结束:1215钟
结果:治疗流程有个好开始。没有产生颅内压力。指示精魂103分钟后,病人的重要生理体征读数突然下降。2分钟后,颅部孔隙开始渗血。流程结束。TOD:1217时。尸检显示前脑动脉损伤,导致流血过度以及脑死。
原因:虽然巨魔头骨十分牢固,并且使用了高强度精魂、增加灵视时间,以及给精魂细致的指示,精魂在病人大脑内实体化的部分还是太多,给前脑动脉施加了难以承受的压力。
给后续试验的建议:暂停搁置未来试验,找出试验持续失败的确切原因。
剧透 -   :
> So the moral of this story is, “Don’t let a spirit muck about
in your head.”
> Kane
> Well, if spirits can excise brain tumors and the like, why
arenanites such a problem?
> Hard Exit
> I’m not much of a spirit person, but I’ll take a stab at what I think the problem is. Imagine you’re working a drone with a scalpel using a control rig. You’ve got all kinds of fne motor control—the better handling and response your drone has, the better control you’ll have over the scalpel.
However, no matter what kind of drone or rig you have, the drone is ultimately wielding the scalpel, not you. So even if you make all the right moves, a servo jitter, some noise over the line, or even the wrong gust of wind can mean the difference between a successful surgery and fatally nicking an artery.
Now, think about controlling a scalpel drone with a microscopic, monomolecular blade. A subtle jitter from a standard scalpel may be no more than a few millimeters, but the smaller the blade and the smaller the target, a few millimeters of jitter might as well put you kilometers off the mark at that scale. It’s easy enough for a spirit to remove a brain tumor because it’s a large target and that means plenty of room for error. But nanites? Not a chance.
> Rigger X
> He makes a valid point. Even an overly obedient ally spirit would have trouble doing this. The theory behind the treatment makes sense, but it’s the scale that’s the problem.
> Elijah

>所有这个故事的寓意就是:“不要让精魂在你的脑子里乱搞。”
> Kane
>好吧,如果精魂能去除脑瘤之类的东西,为什么纳米体这么麻烦?
> Hard Exit
>我不太了解精魂,但我试着解释一下我认为问题出在哪里。想象你通过中控器用无人机操作手术刀。你能精密地控制所有那些电机们——你的无人机操纵性、反应性越好,你对手术刀的控制就越好。但是不管你用的无人机和中控器有多好,最后都是无人机在使用手术刀,而不是你。所以即使你所有动作都对了,驱动电机抖动一下、线路上多了一点杂信,甚至风向错误都能造成手术结果的巨大不同——手术成功,或致命地切断了动脉。(校:这不科学。这话说的好像用手控制手术刀就能误差比机器还小了一样,明明机器应该比人手更精确啊,第六纪的无人机居然还不如人手稳定???)
现在,想象一下你控制着无人机使用一把显微级的、单分子手术刀。普通手术刀的微小驱动抖动可能造成不超过几微米的误差,但刀子越小、目标越小,这种尺度下几微米的抖动可能相当于偏离目标好几公里。精魂移掉脑瘤很容易,那是因为目标很大,给误差留有足够余地。但纳米体?没门。
> Rigger X
>他说到点子上了。哪怕是个完全顺服的盟友精魂要干这个也很困难。这个疗法背后的理论是合理的,但尺度才是问题。
> Elijah
剧透 -   :
CASE 3: SHAMANIC
SPECIAL
//BEGIN AUDIO PLAYBACK//
<wooden door closing>
<bones rattling>
Hi. Thank you for coming to see me, <static>. I understand you have been looking to solutions for your …
problem and have come seeking help?
<inaudible>
Well, you’ve come to just the right place. I’ll have you
fxed up in two shakes of a pony’s tail! Er, maybe not that
quick, you see? Magic can be such a touchy thing if you
rush it and don’t treat it right. But still, it was more of a fgurative expression than anything else. Can I offer you some
soykaf? Some tea, perhaps? Or would you rather a smoke
of some sort to help yourself relax while we get started?
<inaudible>
案例3:萨满特供
//开始放录音//
<木门关闭>
<骨头碰撞声>
嗨。谢谢你来见我,<静音>。我知道你一直在寻找能够解决你的……“问题”的方法,你来寻求帮助?
<无法听清>
好吧,你来对地方了。我用马驹摇两下尾巴的时间就能解决。呃,可能没那么快,你知道吧?要是你太匆忙不正确对待它,魔法可是很敏感的。但不管怎么说,这只是个比喻表达方式,没别的意思。要来点豆咖吗?或者来点茶?或者你想要抽点什么,在我们开始前放松一下?
<无法听清>
剧透 -   :
All righty, then. Just come this way and step into mymedicine lodge. It’s not that type of “medicine,” I assureyou. Just a term that’s been around for ages. After all, realmedicine already failed you, didn’t it, which is why youcame to me, right? <laughs> But still, a little levity willgo a long way in this procedure.
<inaudible>
Why, yes, I assure you, I am fully accredited, withcountless satisfed customers among my clientele.
Would you like to see my graduation certifcate from the<static> Center for Shamanic Studies?
<inaudible>
Okay, then. Are you certain you wish to undergothe procedure we spoke about over the phone? For theagreed-upon fee?
<inaudible>
好的,那么。来这边进入我的医疗帐篷。不是那种类型的“医疗”,我向你保证。只是个用了有些年头的词。毕竟,真正的医学没能治好你,是吧,这就是你来找我的原因,对吧?<笑声>活跃下气氛对这次治疗很有帮助的。
<无法听清>
怎么了,是的,我保证,我有充分的官方认可,我的客户里有不计其数满意而归。
你要看看我从<静音>萨满研究中心毕业的证书吗?
<无法听清>
那么,好的。你确定要进行我们在电话里谈过的治疗流程吗?并支付之前协定的费用?
<无法听清>
剧透 -   :
Then let’s get started. Go ahead and situate yourself“Indian style” in the middle of the circle. Careful not todislodge any of the horse bones. Heh, if you dislodgea bone, dis lodge won’t work right anymore, and you’llhave to come back later after I fx it, okay? <laughs> Butseriously. Don’t. Touch. The. Bones. Don’t.
那么我们开始吧。去用“印度坐姿”坐在那个圆环的中心。小心不要碰散任何这些马骨头。嘿,如果你碰歪了一根,这个帐篷(校:这里萨满用了个双关,“碰散-dislodge”,“这个帐篷-dis lodge”)就不能用了,你就得在我理好之后再回来,好吧?<笑声>但我是认真的。不要,碰,那些,骨头。不要碰。

剧透 -   :
> Uh, this guy’s got issues.
> Hard Exit
> Don’t we all?
> Man-of-Many-Names
> Hey, I think he sounds like fun. Give him a break.
> /dev/grrl
>额,这个家伙有毛病。
>Hard Exit
>我们不都是吗?
>man-of-many-names
>嘿,我觉得他听起来挺有意思的,别揪着他了。
>/dev/grrl

剧透 -   :
All right. What I am about to do is perform a complex, experimental spell that Horse showed me to helppeople with your condition. Here, as you can see is thespell formula. <clattering bones and rustling leather> Now, there’s this spell that’s s’posed to heal you when you’re feeling poorly—gunshot wound, bandersnatch took a chunk outta you, stuff like that. There’s this other spell that’s s’posed to make you purge toxins from your system. You accidentally swallow a cyanide capsule—hey, it can happen, boyo; don’t look at me like that—and this spell’s s’posed to make you throw it up or work it through your system—depending on whose spell formula you use. Then there’s this third spell, see? It sloughs off all the dead things on your body—dead skin cells, bacteria, dirt and so on—and it makes you look brand new as a baby’s ass, it does.
This spell formula here, <clattering bones and rustling leather> it combines all three so that it forces your body to expel any foreign objects that don’t belong there. <silence> You, uh, don’t have any cyberware you’d miss if it was gone, do ya?
<inaudible>
好了。现在我要进行一个复杂的实验性法术,马精魂导师告诉我的,可以帮助你这种状况的人。<骨头碰撞声和皮革摩擦声>现在,这个法术是在你感觉很糟的时候治愈你的——枪伤、被熊怪(bandersnatch)咬掉一块肉之类的事。还有一个法术用来排出你体内的毒素。不小心吞下了氰化物胶囊——嘿,这是可能的,孩子;别那么看我——这个法术就会让你把它呕出来,或者通过你的机体把它排出来——取决于你用谁的公式。然后还有第三个法术,知道不?它会蜕掉你身体里所有死去的物质——死掉的皮肤细胞、细菌、污垢等等——它会让你像婴儿的屁股一样白白嫩嫩,它真能做到。
这里的法术公式,<骨头碰撞声和皮革摩擦声>结合了上面三种法术,能够强行排出你身体里不属于你的所有外来物质。<沉默>你,呃,没有什么失去了会心痛的赛博殖装吧,没有吧?
<无法听清>
剧透 -   :
What do you mean, “Have I tried this spell before?” What kind of question is that? Would you ask a surgeon if he’s ever operated before? Sheesh. Of course I’ve tried it. Why would Horse have led me to this spell if it didn’t work—I mean, if I hadn’t tried it before? Do I need to go grab my certifcate? Remember, you came to me, okay? So let me help you, a’right?
<inaudible>
Okay, let’s begin. I’m going to start chanting and singing. If you start feeling a bit weird or dizzy, that’s just natural. Just close your eyes and don’t worry about anything you might feel starting to, er, fall off of you. It’s just the bad, evil stuff being driven out. Ready?
<inaudible>
All right. Here we go.
<chanting in Salish language>
<singing in Salish language>
<gurgling sound>
Oh, for Horse’s sake! You’re having a seizure!
<tortured scream muted through a closed mouth>
Oh my Ghost, you’re gonna bite your tongue in half!
<scream continues>
<scream stops>
<panting>
<weeping>
你什么意思,“我之前有没试过这个法术?”这算什么问题?你会问手术师他之前做过手术吗?天!我当然试过。马导师怎么会把这个法术给我,如果这个法术没用——我是说,如果我没试过?我要去拿我的毕业证吗?记住,是你来找我的,OK?那就让我帮你,好吧?
<无法听清>
好的,我们开始。我要开始吟唱了。如果你开始感觉奇怪或头晕,这是正常的。闭上眼,如果觉有东西开始,呃,从你身上掉下来,不要担心。只是坏的、邪恶的东西被排出。准备好了吗?
<无法听清>
好。我们开始了。
<撒利希语吟诵>
<撒利希语唱歌>
<咕噜声>
哦,马导师在上!你在抽搐!
<从捂住的嘴里发出的痛苦尖叫>
哦鬼啊,你要把舌头咬成两半了!
<尖叫继续>
<尖叫停止>
<喘气声>
<哭泣声>
剧透 -   :
You stupid, stupid man! Why didn’t you tell me about theheadware? I told you this would expel anything that doesn’t belong there. Did I fucking stutter? And now your friends are all going to come after me because they’ll think I killed you!
<boot striking flesh>
You stupid, stupid son of a bitch!
<grunting>
<boot striking flesh>
I was only trying to help you!
<boot striking flesh>
<boot striking flesh>
<boot striking flesh>
<wooden door slamming>
<inaudible>
Can … can I <gulp> help you gentlefolk?
<inaudible>
Now, good sirs, I don’t need to show you my certifcate to
<static> Center for Shamanic Studies, do I?
<burst of flames>
<spirit roaring>
<gunfre>
//END AUDIO PLAYBACK//
你这个蠢货,蠢货!你怎么没告诉我你有头部殖装?我说过这个法术会驱除任何不属于你身体的东西。我说得不清楚吗?现在你的朋友们全都会来抓我,因为他们会以为是我杀了你!
<靴子踢向肉体的声音>
你这个愚蠢的、愚蠢的狗娘养的混蛋!
<靴子踢向肉体的声音>
<靴子踢向肉体的声音>
<靴子踢向肉体的声音>
<木门甩开的声音>
<无法听清>
我能……我能<咽口水声>帮各位先生做点什么呢?
<无法听清>
现在,各位老爷,我不需要向你们展示我从<静音>萨满研究中心毕业的证书吧,对吧?
<火焰爆开的声音>
<精魂怒吼声>
<枪声>
//音频播放结束//
剧透 -   :
> What a fucking loon.
> Kane
> Okay, I’ll bite. Is it even possible to make a spell that will cause someone’s body to reject all foreign objects, including cyberware? I’ve been in this game a long fragging time, but even that just sounds a little beyond ridiculous to me.
> Bull
> I’ve seen magic do some strange stuff. I’m not going to say it’s impossible, but unless this recording is some kind of cheat or we’re just misinterpreting it, then it sounds legitimate. What concerns me more is—when this theoretical spell forces viral nanites out, what avenue of egress would they use? Because every scenario I’ve come up with after frstfnding this recording does not ends well.
> Butch
> I can’t speak for everyone, but I’m imagining someone with all kinds of headware standing in the same room as an MRI machine. There’s a reason MRI techs ask you if you have any kind of metallic jewelry, tattoos, or whatnot. When that machine turns on, everything with even a remote amount of iron content is going to get torn right out by a giant electromagnet. Only with nanites, they’ll create millions of tiny holes when they get ripped out, and I’m betting they’ll take brain tissue along with ’em.
>Nephrine
>真是场闹剧。
>Kane
>好吧,我咬钩。到底可不可能编出一个让人的身体拒绝所有外来物质的法术,包括殖装?我关心这个也TM够久了,我听起来也觉得不只是滑稽了。
>Bull
>我见过魔法能做到些奇怪的事情。我不会说这是不可能的,但除非这个录音是骗人的,或者是我们误解了,这个法术听起来是合理的。我更关心的是——理论上当法术强迫病毒纳米体排出体外时,是要从哪里出来?我第一次发现这份录音后找到的所有案例都没好结果。
>Butch
>我不能代表所有人,但我可以想象有各类脑部殖装的人和一个MRI机器待在一个房间会是什么样子。这正是MRI操作员会询问你有没任何金属珠宝、纹身或类似东西的原因。机器开启后,哪怕只含有微量铁质的物体都会被巨大的电磁力直接拽出去。只是纳米体被扯出去的时候会开出上百万个微孔,我打赌它们还会带着脑组织跟它们一起走。
>Nephrine

离线 NewAlbionDrone

• Knight
  • Vive la Monad!
« 回帖 #2 于: 2017-12-30, 周六 21:51:14 »
*本节未校对

剧透 -   :
MATRIX METHODS
Some people erroneously assume the CFD virus transmits via
the Matrix. While this is false, the virus is driven by Matrix-related technologies. As such, a few attempts have been made
to attempt to combat CFD in the digital realm.
矩阵手段
有些人错误地认为CFD通过矩阵传传播。虽然这是错误的,但这病毒确实是受矩阵相关的技术驱动。因而也有若干试图在数字国度对抗CFD的尝试。
剧透 -   :
CASE 1: DIRECT HACK
//Matrix Log 12716-050475//
Doc diagnosed [REDACTED] as a head case, so she doesn’t
have a good outlook. This is probably a bad idea, but I’ve got
to try something …
Using my cyberdeck as a buffer, I am connected directly to the subject’s datajack via hardline cable. Whether this
new fragging personality has direct control over the datajack
remains to be seen. If it does, I’ll fnd out soon enough. All
right—I’m going in.
//Establishing direct connection …//
//Working …//
//Connection established//
Okay, I’m in. So far so good. It’s a little dark in here, since
her datajack doesn’t have any active sculpting software running …
//Activating Reality Filter: “Deadwood”//
Much better—although I could do without the tumbleweed.
Place is creepy enough as it is. Now, let’s see what we’ve got
here.
案例1:直接骇入
//矩阵日志 12716-050475//
医生诊断[已编辑]为脑病患,她的希望渺茫。这或许是个坏主意,但我得试试……
用我的碟板当缓冲,我直接用通过缆线接入对象的数据接口。这个该死的人格是否能直接控制数据接口还有待观察。如果它能,我很快就会发现了。好的……我进去了。
//建立直接连接……//
//运行中……//
//连接建立//
OK,我进来了。暂时还好。这里有点按,毕竟她的数据接口没有运行任何活动的修饰软件……
//激活现实过滤器:“枯木”//
好多了——不过没有那些风滚草更好。这地方已经够诡异了。现在,让我看看这有什么。
剧透 -   :
//Checking active connections …//
//197,346,567,200 connections found:
1 hardline connection, Matrix address: 0b15f-
7f6a870ce:8080
197,346,567,199 Unknown connections, Matrix addresses: OUT OF BUFFER ERROR//
Daaaaaamn. Well, looks like I’ve found our virus. Now to
see if I can fgure out what it’s up to.
//Increasing frewall//
//Activating Sleaze program//
//Accessing Unknown connection 1 …//
//Working …//
//Connection to Unknown 1 refused//
//WARNING: 1 intrusion attempt(s) detected//
So, you maggot, that’s how you want to play?
//Activating Attack program: “Colt 1851 Navy Revolver”//
How about a six-shooter to the face? Blam!
//Cybercombat successful//
//Crash node (Y/N)?//
//Crashing node via hostile connection …//
//Host crashed. Hostile connection closed//
Another one?
//Cybercombat successful//
//Crash node (Y/N)?//
//Crashing node via hostile connection …//
//Node crashed. Hostile connection closed//
Only a few billion more of these to go …
//WARNING: 12 intrusion attempt(s) detected//
//WARNING: 24 intrusion attempt(s) detected//
//WARNING: 48 intrusion attempt(s) detected//
//WARNING: 1024 intrusion attempt(s) detected//
//WARNING: 2048 intrusion attempt(s) detected//
//WARNING: 4096 intrusion attempt(s) detected//
//BUFFER OVERRUN ERROR//
//BUFFER OVERRUsdfjlj4iir230hlvndf ln/afdb wrkgyp240efg]2f
//检查活动连接……//
//发现197,346,567,200个连接:
1个头部线连,矩阵地址:0b15f-7f6a870ce:8080
197,346,567,199个未知连接,矩阵地址:缓存溢出错误//
该——死。好吧,我似乎找到了我们的病毒。现在看看我能不能研究出它想干啥。
//增强防火墙//
//启动鬼祟程序//
//接入未知连接1……//
//运行中……//
//未知1拒绝连接//
//警告:发现1次入侵尝试//
好啊,你这条蛆,你想这么玩?
//激活攻击程序:“柯尔特1851海军左轮”//
贴脸六枪感觉如何?轰!
//赛博战斗成功//
//摧毁节点(Y/N)?//
//通过恶意连接摧毁节点……//
//节点摧毁。恶意连接断开//
还有几百万个……
//警告:发现12次入侵尝试//
//警告:发现24次入侵尝试//
//警告:发现48次入侵尝试//
//警告:发现1024次入侵尝试//
//警告:发现2048次入侵尝试//
//警告:发现4096次入侵尝试//
//缓存溢出错误//
//缓存溢sdfjlj4iir230hlvndf ln/afdb wrkgyp240efg]2f

剧透 -   :
> This log was sent to me by a friend a few weeks ago. I’m not
a computer gal, but the idea seems sound. Unfortunately, I
gather it would take a team of deckers the size and skill of Echo
Mirage to even contemplate pulling this sort of thing off. I don’t
personally know the guy who recorded this log, but apparently
he’s been in a coma ever since the attempt. Nanites can’t travel
over data connections, so the poor guy obviously didn’t get
head crashed, but this has defnitely proven the virus has a very
keen digital defense mechanism.
> Butch
> Assuming someone can get this tactic to work without becoming
a vegetable, what would we do for someone who doesn’t have a
datajack or some other direct-neural-interface headware to allow
direct access to the nanites?
> Glitch
> One could always install a datajack. I think even an Awakened
individual would agree the minor loss of essence is well worth
the tradeoff.
> Clockwork
>日志是几周前一个朋友发给我的。我不是个擅长电脑的人,但这个注意听起来挺可行。不幸的是,我认为会需要一堆数量和技能与回声蜃影*相当的碟客才能完成这项任务。我个人并不认识做记录的家伙,但他似乎在这次尝试之后就陷入了昏迷。纳米体不能通过数据连接移动,也就是这个可怜的家伙脑袋还没崩,但这绝对证明了病毒非常擅长数字防御机制。
>Butch
>假设有人能实现这个手段,并且没变成植物人,那些没有数据接口的人我们该怎么办?有其它提供直接神经连接的头部殖装让我们能直接接入纳米体吗?
>Glitch
>数据接口总是可以安上的。我认为即使是觉醒者也会同意用一点点精华损失做交换。
>Clockwork
(*译注:Echo Mirage,美国政府雇佣训练的秘密“赛博突击队”,最早的碟客,击退了导致第一次矩阵崩溃的病毒,AI蜃影正是他们使用的AI程序,没错,就是崩溃2.0帮忙干掉DEUS的那位)

剧透 -   :
CASE 2: AN ARMY
IN ISOLATION
//BEGIN VIDEO PLAYBACK//
<Camera’s point of view is through a two-way mirror looking out into a nondescript room. A young ork man is restrained
to a chair in the middle of the room, and the chair is enclosed
by a Faraday cage. Several people observe the man through
the one-way mirror.>
Voice 1 (male): <over speaker into interrogation room>
To whom am I speaking?
<Prisoner’s eyes are darting around the room. A monitor
with vital signs beeps softly in the control room. Prisoner tries
rattling the bonds on his chair.>
Prisoner: <voice fltered into control room via speaker>
Please, I’m innocent! I didn’t do nuthin’, I swear! Lemme go!
Voice 2 (male): Vital signs are starting to spike.
Voice 3 (female): Please, go easy on him. He’s … in a bad
way. He just needs help.
Voice 1: I’ll do what I can. Just stay quiet and let me do my
job. <to prisoner> I’m not going to ask you again. To whom am
I speaking?
Prisoner: You gotta believe me! I ain’t done anything!
Voice 1: So the corporate node you were trying to force your
way into yesterday—that wasn’t a violation of your parole?
Prisoner: Break into a—? No no no no no … Someone’s …
Someone’s set me up! Why would I need to break into some
node? I don’t even know how to use a computer!
Voice 3: He’s right. His poor simsense player is always
flashing 1200 hours. He barely even knows how to work a
commlink.
Voice 2: Heart rate is up. Blood pressure is rising. Pupils dilating.
Voice 1: Fine. If you won’t answer my questions, then we’ll
do this the hard way. Do you know what a Faraday cage is?
案例2:孤立军团
//开始播放视频//
<摄像头通过一面双向镜对着一间没有装饰的房间。一个年轻的兽人男性被拘束在房间中央的椅子上,椅子被法拉第笼罩着。几个人通过单向镜观察这名男性。>
声音1(男):<用扬声器向审讯室说话>我在和谁说话?
<犯人的眼睛扫视着房间。控制室里的重要体征监控器发出轻柔的蜂鸣声。犯人试图从椅子上的束缚挣脱。>
犯人:我是无辜的!我什么也没做!我发誓!放我出去!
声音2(男):重要体征开始飙升。
声音3(女):请对他宽容一点。他……状况不好。他只是需要帮助。
声音1:我尽我所能。保持安静让我完成我的工作就好。<对犯人>我不会再问了。我在和谁说话?
犯人:你要相信我!我什么也没干!
声音1:就是说你昨天试图强行闯入公司节点没有违反假释条例?
犯人:闯进——不不不不不……有人……有人陷害我!我为什么要闯进什么公司节点?我连怎么用电脑都不会、
声音3:他说的是真的。他那可怜的拟感播放器总是一连12小时都在闪(His poor simsense player is always flashing 1200 hours.)他连通讯链都不怎么会用。
声音2:心率加快。血压升高。瞳孔扩散。
声音1:好。如果你不回答我的问题,我们就来强硬手段了。你知道法拉第笼是什么吗?
剧透 -   :
<In frustration, the prisoner rocks the chair back and forth inside the cage but can’t get any leverage due to the small space.>
Prisoner: C’mon, maaan! I was just trying to do right by my
family and stay outta the clink. I got a wife and fve kids to
feed! I can’t go back to the slammer, not now! They’re all gonna starve to death without me!
Voice 1: That cage you’re sitting in, it’s cutting you off from
the Matrix connections in this room. The rest of this facility is
also shielded, which means the only means of accessing any
local Matrix grids is via a hardline. I’m guessing that cut off
from the Matrix for this long, you’re probably starting to feel
like a frefly trapped in a glass jar. Am I right?
<Prisoner is growing physically agitated. Arms and legs
start trembling as though he is a junkie going through withdrawal.>
Prisoner: I don’t know what you’re talking about. Don’tcha
need a commlink or something to access the Matrix? Last I
checked, you didn’t give me one of those, and I sure as hell
ain’t one o’ them technomancer freaks.
Voice 1: Listen to me very carefully, because I won’t repeat this. At this moment I have a group of deckers and technomancers ready to send an army of agents and sprites into
your head. If you don’t cooperate, the moment we open the
door to that Faraday cage, you’re going to learn the meaning
of fear. They will destroy you right down to the last line of
code running through your thieving nanite processors. Do
you understand me?
Prisoner: I … I …
<犯人焦躁地在笼子里前后摇晃椅子,但空间太小,没有多少作用。>
犯人:说真的,伙计们!我只是努力地养活我的家庭、远离牢房。我有老婆和五个孩子要养。我不能回监狱,不是现在!没有我他们都会饿死的!
声音1:你坐着的笼子,会断开你和这个房间的矩阵连接。其它设备也被屏蔽了,也就是说接入任何本地矩阵网域的唯一方法就是用线直连。我猜和矩阵断连这么久,你可能开始觉得自己像只被困在玻璃瓶里的萤火虫了吧。我猜对了吗?
<犯人越来越狂躁。手臂和腿部开始颤抖,像是经历戒断的瘾君子。>
犯人:我不知道你在说啥子?不是要通讯链还是啥子才能连到矩阵吗?我上次看的时候,你没给我任何这类东西,我TM确定我不是个超链怪胎。
声音1:仔细听我说,我不会重复。我现在有一组碟客和超链准备好送一支代理和网精的军队进到你的脑袋。要是你不配合,我们打开法拉第笼的门的那一刻,你就会学会恐惧的滋味。它们会摧毁你那些纳米处理器里最后一行代码。你听懂了吗?
犯人:我……
剧透 -   :
<Prisoner’s eyes dart around the cage, ostensibly searching
for an escape route. Prisoner’s body suddenly goes slack.>
Voice 2: What’s he doing?
<Prisoner’s demeanor changes into one of rage.>
Prisoner: You care for this host? Do exactly as I say or I will
kill him.
<Heart monitor beeps slower.>
Voice 3: What? No!
Voice 2: Vital signs dropping!
Voice 1: <to Voice 2> What the hell?
Prisoner: I have complete control over this body’s involuntary brain functions. If you do not let me go, I will destroy this
body, and my counterparts will hunt you down and destroy you.
Voice 2: BP falling!
<Prisoner’s demeanor changes. His face is slack with terror
and quickly beginning to pale.>
Prisoner: What’s … what’s going on? Why do I feel so …
<Prisoner faints. His chest stops moving. Heart monitor flatlines.>
Voice 3: Oh my God! You have to help him!
Voice 1: Quiet! <into radio> Get that cage open! Now!
Voice 2: We’re losing him!
Voice 3: Please! Do something!
Voice 1: Someone shut her up and get her out of here!
Voice 2: Yes, sir!
<Heart monitor continues to flatline. Armed, uniformed
men spill into the room and throw open the Faraday cage.>
Voice 1: Captain, hit him with everything you’ve got!
Voice 4: <via radio> Roger! Initiating attacks … now!
<Prisoner convulses. Heart monitor continues to flatline.>
Voice 2: It’s not working, sir!
Voice 1: Just a little longer …
<Klaxon sounds. Video goes black.>
Voice 1: Oh, what now?
Voice 4: Sir, we have a breach on level two!
<Red emergency lights click on. Dead patient is standing
at the mirror, face pressed against the glass. Heart monitor
beeps, once. Twice. Thrice.>
Prisoner: <muffled through the glass> Peekaboo, Doc.
<Prisoner snaps his fngers. Video goes black.>
//END VIDEO PLAYBACK//
<犯人的眼睛环顾着笼子,明显是在寻找逃脱途径。犯人的身体突然瘫软。>
声音2:他在干什么?
<犯人的表情变为暴怒状>
犯人:你担心这个宿主吗?照我说的做否则我就杀了他。
<心脏监控器蜂鸣声变慢>
声音3:什么?不!
声音2:主要体征下降!
声音1:<对声音2>怎么回事?
犯人:我对这个身体的无意识大脑机能有着完全控制权。如果你们不放我走,我就毁了这具身体,而我的同类会追杀你们、毁了你们。
声音2:BP降低!
<犯人的表情改变。他的脸部放松,变得充满恐惧,很快开始变得苍白。>
犯人:发生……发生什么了?为什么我觉得这么……
<犯人晕倒。他的胸部停止起伏。心脏监控器平线。>
声音3:哦我的天!你一点要帮帮他!
声音1:安静!<对着无线电>把笼子打开!马上!
声音2:我们救不了他了!
声音3:拜托!干点什么!
声音1:找人让她闭嘴把她弄出去!
声音2:是的,长官!
<心脏监控器继续平线。武装制服人员涌入房间打开法拉第笼。>
声音1:队长,全力进行心脏复苏!(hit him with everything you’ve got)
声音4:<从无线电>收到!准备……开始!
<犯人抽搐。心脏监视器继续平线。>
声音2:没有用,长官!
声音1:再等一下……
<喇叭声。视频画面变黑,>
声音1:哦,怎么了现在?
声音4:长官,我们受到2级入侵!
<红色警报等亮起。死去的病人站在镜子前,脸贴着玻璃。心脏监控器鸣响,一次。两次。三次。>
犯人:<声音因为玻璃变得含糊>找。到。你。了。医生。
<犯人打了个响指。视频画面变黑。>
//视频播放结束//
剧透 -   :
> So the army of deckers didn’t seem to work. Can anything defeat
this miserable bitch?
> Kane
> If the prisoner didn’t have an extraction team waiting to nab him,
I wonder whether or not the army of deckers approach might’ve
worked. Did you see how nervous he got when the head guy
started outlining his plan?
> /dev/grrl
> “Army of Deckers” is totally the name of my next band.
> Slamm-0!
> You need to have a frst band before you can have a next band.
> Kat o’ Nine Tales
> This is the frst time I’ve heard of a PF purposely placing its host
at risk. I thought these entities wanted to survive?
> Nephrine
> Perhaps, like metahumanity, they have begun to evolve a
sense of self-sacrifce in order to protect others of their kind.
> Icarus
> This was the frst time I’ve encountered a CFD infection
manipulating its host’s involuntary brain functions. Given my
experience with the virus, I’m more inclined to think this one was
an aberrant suicidal mutation rather than our standard case.
> Glitch
> Great. The CFD virus is already fragging mutating. What else
does it have up its sleeve?
> Bull
>所以看起来碟客军团不管用。还有别的能打倒这个可恶的婊子吗?
>Kane
>如果犯人没有一只移除队等着弄走他,我很在意那支碟客军队会不会有用。你们看到那个领头的开始描述他的计划时,那个犯人有多紧张吗?
>/dev/grrl
>“碟客军团”绝对是我下一支乐队的名字。
>Slamm-0!
>你得有第一支乐队才能有下一支。
>Kat o' Nine Tales
>这是我头一次听说有PF会刻意把宿主置于险境。我以为这些东西想活下来?
>Nephrine
>也许,就和泛人类一样,为了保护其它同类,他们也开始演化出某种自我牺牲的概念。
>Icarus
>这是我第一次见到有CFD病毒能操纵宿主的无意识脑部机能。以我对病毒的经验来说,这是个反常的、有自杀倾向的变异体,而不是寻常种类。
>太棒了。CFD病毒TM都在变异了。它袖子里还藏着什么?
>Bull
« 上次编辑: 2017-12-30, 周六 21:56:06 由 NewAlbionDrone »

离线 NewAlbionDrone

• Knight
  • Vive la Monad!
« 回帖 #3 于: 2017-12-30, 周六 21:55:37 »
*本节未校对

剧透 -   :
MIND OVER MATTER
I kept this one separate from the Magical Methods section
because I felt it deserved its own special mention. Read on
and you’ll see what I mean.
DAY 1
Many of you who read this will probably recognize my name
from the headlines. My name is Michiko Tanaka. I am an adept, a follower of the Physical Way, and I am a professional athlete by trade. At the ’72 Denver Olympics, I won eight
medals in magically augmented events. I have a husband and
three children, all of whom I am proud. I enjoy outdoor activities. I create large marble sculptures to hone my abilities.
My favorite movie is the original Neil the Ork Barbarian (call it
a guilty pleasure). My favorite color is purple. Despite a magically augmented lung capacity, I have a fear of drowning. I
am afraid of the dark.
This, dear readers, is who I am.
This is who I will remain.
You see, I have a confession. I was recently diagnosed with
induced dissociative identity disorder. This condition slowly
eats away at the sufferer until his or her personality has been
completely wiped clean. It’s like Alzheimer’s, only instead of
memories being stolen away, those memories are replaced by
someone—something—else’s. Many different things have been
tried to treat this disorder—and few have met with success—
but I plan to beat this thing with my secret weapon: mind over
matter, augmented by magic.
As an adept, I don’t use magic the same way a mage or
shaman does. I use my intrinsic mana to augment my own
physical capabilities. The reason I can run so fast and hold my
breath for so long is because, through magic, I will my body to
do what I want it to, beyond ordinary metahuman limits. My
condition affects the brain, and when you get right down to
it, the metahuman brain is just another part of the body, one I
hope to master with my own magic.
Recording this journal is my way to show the world how I
will beat this. And I will beat this.
I will remain me or die trying.
精神超脱物质
我把这个案例和魔法手段分开,我觉得需要特别提到它。读下去,你们会理解我的意思。

第一天
很多读着这个的人可能会从头条上认出我的名字。我叫美智子·田中(Michiko Tanaka),我是个修士,躯体道途(Physical way)的追随者,我还是个职业运动员。我在72年丹佛奥运会魔法增强赛区赢得了8枚金牌。我有个丈夫和3个孩子,他们全都让我自豪。我喜欢户外运动。我通过雕刻巨大的大理石雕像来打磨我的技艺。
我最喜欢的电影是原版的《兽人蛮子尼尔》(可以把它称作“有罪恶感的爱好”)。我最喜欢的颜色是紫色。虽然我有魔法增强过的肺功能,我还是害怕溺水。我害怕黑暗。
亲爱的读者,这,就是我。
我也会继续保持这样。
你知道,我要告白。我最近被诊断为诱发分离性身份认知障碍。这个病症会慢慢吞噬掉病人,知道他或她的人格被完全抹去。就像阿兹海默症,但记忆不是被偷走,而是被其它人——其它东西的记忆取代。人们使用许多方式治疗这种认知障碍,但没有多少成功的——但我觉得用我的秘密武器击败这个东西:超脱肉体的精神,外加魔法的增强。
作为修士,我使用魔法的方式和法师或萨满不同。我用我内在的法力来强化我的身体能力。我能跑得那么快、能屏住呼吸那么长时间是因为利用魔法,我命令我的身体按照我的意愿行动,超越泛人类的界限。我的病症影响到了大脑,而你思考下去的话,大脑只是身体的一部分而已,我希望能用我自己的魔法控制它。
写日记的目的是为了向世界展示我如何击败这个东西。我会击败它。我要么保持自我。要么死在途中。
剧透 -   :
DAY 2
To prevent myself from harming others, I have confned
myself to an isolated dojo out in the mountains. The
groundskeepers have specifc instructions to prevent me
from leaving the premises, even if I ask them to. Here, in this
austere environment, connected to the natural manasphere,
I am content and at peace. The birds chirp. The cicadas are
beginning to buzz in the trees. The sun feels good on my
skin. I can meditate without interruption, which means I can
better focus my magic.
I am whole.
I will remain whole.
This is my mantra.
It is probably just my imagination, but I am feeling better
already. I feel … complete. I feel like me.
> I’m going to step in and fast forward for a bit: For the next several
days, Michiko goes on about pretty much the same stuff—
contemplating the flowers, the serenity, some haikus that I’ll
spare you all from—and there’s not much change. Believe me: it’s
all very pretty, the stuff she wrote, but in the interest of science,
I’m doing everyone the favor of skipping it.
> Butch
DAY 25
I had a short blackout after breakfast. I’m not sure what my
dissociative identity did during my lapse, but the compound
guards won’t speak to me. One of them appears to be new.
Surely I didn’t attack one of them …
I am whole.
I will remain whole.

第二天
为了防止我伤害别人,我把自己关进了山中一个与世隔离的道场里。道场管理者收到了特别的指令,防止我离开这个建筑,哪怕我本人的请求也不行。在这里,在这个朴素的环境中,与自然的法力圈相连,我感到满足与平和。鸟儿吱喳,树上蝉鸣。阳光照在皮肤上,让我感觉舒适。我可以不被打扰地冥想,也就是说能更好地集中我的魔法。
我是个整体。
我会继续是个整体。
这是我的真言。
可能只是我的想象,但我已经感觉好些了。我觉得……完整了。我感觉像自己了。

>我要插嘴加快一点进度:在接下来几天里,美智子写下了几乎相同的内容——赞美花朵、宁静,我免去了你们阅读俳句的痛苦,内容没有多大变化。相信我,她写的东西都十分美丽,但出于科学的目的,我替大家都跳过了。
剧透 -   :
DAY 27
The blackouts are becoming more frequent. It’s clear that my
current level of mana is not enough. I must open myself up to
greater energies if I am to remain whole.
DAY 29
Today I self-initiated. I am … exhausted, to say the least, but
the process was exhilarating. I feel as though I understand the
world in ways I never dreamed possible. My body feels like a
beacon of magical energy. I cannot wait to see how I can beat
back the blackouts with this new magic. But I feel like I could
sleep for a solid week.
I am whole.
I will remain whole.
DAY 30
My hair was longer when I woke up. I don’t remember combing it that way. It wasn’t until lunch that I realized my hair was
shorter than yesterday. How did I do that? I’ve never exerted
control over my hair length before!
Deep breaths, Michiko. Deep breaths.
I am whole.
I will remain whole.
DAY 31
Today I woke up with a different face. I am literally turning into
someone else.
I don’t know how this happened. I’ve never used magic to
change my facial structure. And the magic from my initiation is
gone somehow. I never even used it.
This other person inside me has somehow learned how I
control my magic. I cannot let that happen.
I must initiate again.
I am whole, damn it.
I will remain whole, even if it kills me.
DAY 32
I’ve fnally fgured out what I’ve been doing wrong. Instead
of fghting this person inside of me, we need to understand
each other.
DAY 33
I am now me.
It is fnally time to return to the world.

第二十七天
晕眩越来越频繁了。显然我当前的法力水平不够。如果想保持完整,我得把自己打开,接受更强大的能量。

第二十九天
今天我自我启蒙了。至少可以说,我……累坏了,但这个过程十分让人欣喜。我感觉好像能够用从未梦想过的方式理解世界,我的身体像是魔法能量的灯塔。我等不及看看怎么用这股新的魔法击退眩晕。可是我觉得我能睡上一周。
我是个整体。
我会继续是个整体。

第三十天
我醒来时头发长长了。我没记得把它梳成这样。直到午饭我才意识到我的头发比昨天短。我怎么会这样做?我之前从来没能控制我的头发长度!
深呼吸,美智子。深呼吸。
我是个整体。
我会继续是个整体。

第三十一天
今天我醒来发现自己的脸变了。我字面意义上变成了另一个人。
我不知道这是怎么发生的。我从来没用魔法改变我的脸部结构。我启蒙得到的魔法也不知去哪了。我从没用过。
我体内的另一个人学会了怎么控制魔法。我不能让这件事发生。
我要再次启蒙。
我是个整体,该死的。
我会继续是个整体,哪怕它杀了我。

第三十二天
我终于弄清楚是哪里做错了。我不应该和我体内的人对抗,而是要互相理解对方。
第三十三天
现在我是我。
终于是时候回归世界了。

剧透 -   :
> Here’s where things start to get really interesting. A person
matching Michiko’s description surfaced in Nagano shortly after
this journal hit my inbox. I hired a guy to track her down and
speak with her on my behalf, and as best he could tell, she’s not
showing any signs of a dissociative identity. But, on the other
hand, she seems far less … Japanese than she did before. No
more meditation or serenity or haikus, and she’s far less polite
than she used to be. But you can ask her anything about her
childhood or something only she would know, and it’s all there.
I don’t know how she did it—probably something to do
with her magic and a healthy dose of willpower—but I’ve
come to the conclusion that Michiko and her head-crash entity
somehow came to terms with each other and fused into a
single, composite identity. I’d wager this sort of thing isn’t easily
repeatable—if at all—but assuming I’m correct, her case sets at
least some kind of precedent.
> Butch
> Seeing as how the CFD virus comes from technology, I wouldn’t
think a Matrix entity would be able to make magic work.
> /dev/grrl
> A magician controls his magic the same way a mundane
controls any of his skills: by using his brain. If the PF can control
a magician’s brain, what’s to prevent her from utilizing her
host’s magical skills to, say, cast a spell or trigger an adept’s
ability? Assensing and spellcasting require three things: a link
to the manasphere, innate magical ability—both of which are
provided by the magician host—and magical skills, which are
learned abilities. Add in a brain hijacker, and you’ve got a Matrix
entity capable of casting spells.
> Elijah
> Great. I guess we should just go ahead and start bowing to our
robot overlords now?
> Slamm-0!
>下面才是开始有趣的部分。这份日记进了我的邮箱后不久,一个符合美智子外貌的人短暂出现在长野。我雇了个人去追踪她并以我的名义和她对话。就他看来,她没有表现出任何分离性人格的迹象。但从另一方面来说,她看起来没有……以前那么日本。没有提到冥想、宁静以及道场,而且还比以前没礼貌得多。但如果你问她任何关于她童年的事情、或者一些只有她知道的事情,她全都知道。我不知道她是如何做到的——可能与她的魔法和足量的意志有关——但我的结论是她和她的脑崩溃人格在某种意义上相互达成了共识并且融合成了单一复合人格。我估计这种事情不是那么好复现的——但假如我是对的,她的案例至少是个好先例。
>Butch
>看到CFD病毒是发源于科技,我不能想象矩阵存在如何能使用魔法。
>/dev/grrl
>法师控制他的魔法的方式和非觉醒者控制自己任何技能的方式一样:用大脑。如果PF能控制法师的大脑,那又有什么能阻止她利用宿主的魔法技能去,比如说,施放法术或者激活修士异能?灵视和施法需要三样东西:与法力圈的连接、内在的魔法能力——这两样都由法师宿主提供,然后还有魔法技能,这是习得的能力。再加上大脑劫持,你就有了一个能够施法的矩阵存在。
>Elijah
>太棒了,我猜我们现在就该向我们的机械领主低头致意了?
>Slamm-0!
(译者:这个案例怎么看都像是PF取得了宿主的记忆并且取而代之……)