• 骰神牧师
  • Hero
  • 帖子数: 932
  • 苹果币: 0
  • 茶白有根白尾巴
    • 水晶镜子-纤云坊
Re: 【谜之私译坑】少年Gi的奇幻漂流
« 回帖 #10 于: 2013-07-16, 周二 21:27:06 »

一周后,吉尔赛那斯恢复了重踏奎灵纳斯提返乡之旅的体力。法莱乌斯·塔尼克给他带来一袋干粮,和一张标出到普斯塔(Purstal)最短路径的地图。 到那里之后,他计划沿着行商人的路径穿越灰烬平原(Plains of Dust)。

我坐在舒尔古老废墟的巨石堆中。与无踪之城不同,这里没有任何拔地而起的幽灵建筑。海风不断吹过,发出凄厉的声响。

他是对的,我必须为未来而活。

城市的这个区域看起来与盖-查-卡拉斯的花园区大致相似。我幻想着自己所坐的这块石头是玛拉如今居住的房屋墙壁的一部分。

我抬头望向北方——准确地说,望着啸海岛(the Isle of Schallsea)。我听说吉尔赛那斯的老队友金月在那里建立了一座光明城堡(Citadel of Light),她教导人们如何与精魂交谈。玛拉,如今我已经认识到你并非精魂,但那是我所知最棒的起点。谁知道那新魔法能做些什么?

我跳下巨石,开始整理行装。路在眼前,我的未来也在眼前。不过,在出发之前,我转过身,最后一次回望这些废墟。那儿并没有什么可看的,但我露出微笑,温存地挥手作别。

玛拉也挥手回应,无论她身在何方。

剧透 -   :

A week later, Gilthanas was well enough to resume his trip back to Qualinesti. Falaius Taneek brought him 
a pack of supplies, and a map of the easiest route to Purstal. From there, he planned to follow the merchant 
trails across the Plains of Dust.
I sit on a mound of rocks amid the ancient ruins of Shoole. Unlike those in the Missing City, no ghostly 
buildings rise from this site. The sea wind constantly blows through this place, sounding mournful.
He was right, I have to live for the future.
This part of the city seems roughly equivalent to the Garden District in Gal Tra'kalas. I imagine that the 
stones I sit on form the wall of the home where Mala lives now.
I'm heading up to the north—to the Isle of Schallsea, in fact. I hear that Gilthanas's old companion, 
Goldmoon, has founded a "Citadel of Light" there, and that she teaches people to speak with spirits. Now, I 
realize you're not a spirit, Mala, but this is the best place I know to start. Who knows what this new magic is 
capable of?
I hop down and gather my supplies. The road, and my future, lay in front of me. But before I head off, I turn 
and take one last look at the ruins. There's nothing there to see, but I smile and wave a fond good-bye.
Wherever she is, Mala waves back.
« 上次编辑: 2013-08-14, 周三 22:47:13 由 茶白猫小修 »

吉尔赛那斯的冒险史诗 The Odyssey of Gilthanas [Appendix]

吟游诗人,历史,命运,文艺,音乐之神维纳sama,新的传说也请多多关照♪~

骰神牧师的布道
1.骰品守恒,神会为祂眷顾者关闭多余的门,让20与1出现在适当的地方。
2.骰子之神属于绝对中立阵营,宿命领域的愿赌服输是骰神教义的一部分。
3.骰子之神与规则之神关系良好,漠视规则和欺骗规则者必遭到骰神惩罚。
4.敬请谨记,若不重视自身加值,出20不算过的情形下,骰神也爱莫能助。

离线 茶白猫小修

• 骰神牧师
  • Hero
  • 茶白有根白尾巴
    • 水晶镜子-纤云坊
« 回帖 #11 于: 2013-07-17, 周三 20:12:13 »
普斯塔古城(The Ancient City of Purstal), 11sc

吉尔赛那斯在这干燥的荒原上走了许多天。每天清晨睁开眼,他总是看见相同的风景:平坦、棕黄的大地,向着遥远的地平线无尽地延展。他每天都在怀疑,是否更为明智的做法是留在那座城市等待——天知道要等上多久——等待某艘也许能将他直接带往奎灵纳斯提的船。

但是他听到了一些消息,一些令他心焦的,关于祖国形势的消息。尤其是,塔克西丝的骑士——那些效忠于五头的恶龙之后的黑暗战士们,在那个混沌之夏之后征服了这个精灵的国度。而精灵咏者,也就是王子的外甥吉尔萨斯,则沦为王座上任由黑暗骑士操纵的傀儡。关于祖国的回忆和恐惧填满了他的心胸,等待船只的过程变得如此恼人,最后他徒步踏上了旅途。 

至少他已经开始摆脱那些关于西悠瓦拉的回忆,说服自己他的生活即使少了她也得照常运转。不知为何,他相信一旦抵达祖国,一切都会有头绪,他的人生将拥有成就与目标。有时,在深夜,这希望会变得虚无缥缈,但当黎明来临,他再度紧攫住它,如同抓住一道坚实长梯的第一级般。

他对自己通过的这片土地一无所知。但凭着再度恢复的精力与强健,凭着一支做一周苦力的工钱换来的廉价铁剑的保护,他觉得自己能克服一切横亘在征途上的宿命阻碍。他在那座城里打听到,他可以先走到托拉斯河(Torath River)畔,然后顺流而下抵达伊莱尔(Elial)。从那儿启程沿着丹特里克溪(Duntollik Run)行走,再继续西行抵达奎灵纳斯提。同时还得到警告:沿途分布着龙和离奇的混沌生物,倘若掉以轻心可能会因此丧命。

精灵在大约十天前抵达了河畔,至今为止他没有发现任何船只的踪影,也没有任何居民区和村落的迹象。河水足够清洁,因此他得以每天更换新鲜的饮用水,偶尔还能抓到鱼。尽管沿岸有几堆灌丛——这一带除了草之外他看到的唯一植物——他还是不敢冒险生火,宁愿忍受近极地气候的寒冷。他携带的精灵干粮足可应付月余的旅行,因此他并不是特别担心,即使在大多数日子里这是他所能找到的唯一食物。

他没有发现任何打算掠食他的丑恶生物的踪迹。的确,他偶尔会听到西方或南方的地平线上传来超自然风暴的隆隆回响,但他保持着警惕,也从未观察到任何直接的威胁。精灵准备了一个简易的对策:倘若龙出现,他会伏倒在干燥的地面上,迅速聚拢尽量多的尘灰将自己掩蔽起来。然后只需仰望着天空等待,确信那条巨蛇不可能发现他——哪怕它恰巧飞越他的头顶。

来到河边的第十一天,他终于第一次看到地平线上出现了某种不规则物。在他的左方,河面变得宽广而平缓。太阳正在升起,辽阔的水域上波光粼粼,他发现眼前是一系列散布在平坦地面的几何体。它们坐落在距离水边约一公里的地方,他走近,确凿无误地辨认出这是座废墟。他的面前横着一堵墙,远处可以望见几座巨大石屋的断瓦残垣,缠绕在荆棘之中。

尘灰随着他的脚步四散,地面一点点露出了光洁的,拼缀紧密的石块——一条宽阔的大道,穿过倾圮的门扉,在建筑物间延伸。一口破裂而干枯的石池子,标示着这儿一度是一泓壮丽的喷泉,抑或一汪曾容纳清凉碧水的浅池。一阵风鼓起干燥的粉尘刺痛了他的眼睛,也刺激着他的鼻腔。

他眼前矗立着这座古老的死亡之城中最宏大的建筑。那无疑曾是一座宫殿——在那破损的墙面上,古老门扉令人生畏的轮廓像一张饥饿的大口般敞开着。缓缓登上通往门口的大理石台阶,他惊奇地睁大了双眼。屋顶早已垮塌,但室内,在那黯淡阳光的勾勒下,吉尔赛那斯看见了回廊与圆柱的残骸,还有一片广阔的空地——那曾是王宫的正殿,或是一间适于举办盛大舞会的厅堂。他从依然完好的门拱下方通过,踢踢踏踏地在满地瓦砾中开出一条路。那大多是松脱的贴片,显然是在屋顶倒塌时散落下来的。他穿过走廊,步入宽敞房间的入口。

有什么迈着碎步从他身边墙基的阴影中跑过,一个小小的身影窜进大厅。他本能地把手放到剑柄上,听到身后传来更多噪音。吉尔赛那斯猛地转过身,却什么也没有看见——唯有日光毫不容情地增强着,投下愈加浓厚的暗影。

他走进宽敞的房间,看到那些曾一度环立在四周的石柱。如今大部分石柱已然坍塌,但还有相当多依旧挺立——它们中的一些在与膝盖或头平齐的高度断裂,另一些高逾十二尺,直指业已消失的天花板——令人得以一窥往昔的辉煌。他在马赛克拼贴的地面上前行,对脚下的彩石隐约感到惊讶。带着一股怪诞感,他发现某种东西——或某些人,曾经清理过这块地面,以不同于废墟中任何地方的细致照管着它。

再一次,眼角的余光扫到角落里有动静,他转过身,沉重的铁刃从剑鞘中抽出,划过冰凉的空气。

“谁在那儿?”他问。

“是我们。”

答话声从身后传来,他再度身形急转,一眼看到十二步外注视着自己的那个矮小、圆胖而又蓬头垢面的身影,忍不住爆笑出声。

那家伙立刻扭过身焦急地审视自己背后,然后掉转头瞪着吉尔赛那斯:“有什么可笑的?”他质问道。

“不……没什么。”精灵回答,一面忍住笑,深深地鞠了个合乎礼节的躬,“我只是很高兴见到你……你是一位艾格哈,我猜。”

溪谷矮人努力把他的胸膛挺得和鼓鼓的小肚子一样高:“哦,是的,我是……我c……c……c-a-i……”他学着吉尔赛那斯说,尽管他只记得这么多。

“我是奎灵纳斯提的吉尔赛那斯。”流浪者说,继续保持着庄重的神情。

“我也是!”溪谷矮人喊,“我是说,我也有个名字……”倘若这小生物记得自己的姓名,那么他显然没什么分享的愿望。

“这里是你们的城市吗?”精灵询问。

“我……我家族……我们盖这个地方!”对方夸耀道。

“我明白了。”吉尔赛那斯强迫自己保持严肃的表情。说到底,艾格哈这个种族,在克莱恩世界是以究极拾荒者而著称的,他们会搬进一切在原本的主人看来已不适合居住的住宅和废墟,“那么,你们这座大都市叫什么名字?”

“这里普斯塔……艾格哈的大首都。这里是,伊莱尔也是!那里我们另外一个大首都,从这里开始,走好多天。”他指着一个约莫是西北的方向。

吉尔赛那斯心头涌起一阵酸楚。他不知道是哪个种族建立了这曾经壮丽的建筑,很可能是人类。究竟发生了什么,才让他们背井离乡,留下这城市圮为废墟,落入最低贱的低等生物之手?同样的事有朝一日会发生在奎灵纳斯提吗?思乡的苦痛由于一个更加迫切的疑问而迅速滋长——会不会,它已经发生了?

“我……我得走了。”他说道,忽然想尽快离开这里,踏上归乡之路。

就在这时,又是一阵风从废墟的残垣间吹过,挟着更多的粉尘掠过吉尔赛那斯的脸。他感到鼻子一阵刺痒,然后——在明白过来发生了什么事之前,就打了个惊天动地的大喷嚏。

“对不起。”他致歉道,晃着脑袋弄干眼里的泪水。他惊奇地注意到,溪谷矮人带着一种近乎敬畏的表情盯着他。

“是……是你啊。阿嚏人(The Sneezer)来啦!”艾格哈宣告。他高喊着,挥舞着双手,步履蹒跚地在目瞪口呆的吉尔赛那斯周围跳起舞来,“阿嚏人驾到,阿嚏人驾到!”

“我不明白,”精灵试图打断他,开始感到担忧,“我真的要走了——”

“不,等一下……你睡这里,睡得好。今晚我们部族给你煮真的好宴席!我们等了阿嚏人很久……现在你来了,我们大联欢!然后你睡觉,我们要送你东西,我们为你做的礼物。你那个时候才可以走!”

“我不认为……”吉尔赛那斯的声音低下去了。他摸不着头绪,但无疑感到好奇。

“总的,我是说,‘总之’,你急着去哪里?”圆滚滚的矮人猜疑地怒视着吉尔赛那斯,质问道,“你不喜欢我们的东西?”

“不是的,我要去……”刹那间吉尔赛那斯的思绪飘离了躯壳。他想起了一条银龙,柔顺,富有曲线美,有着优雅的颈项。她曾是一名精灵女子,是他的挚爱,那一瞬对她的热望激烈得教他几乎无法承受。但他甩甩头——她早已不在了,他还得继续自己的生涯,“我要回家。”他静静地,几乎是悲伤地说。

“好嘛,回家——但是你得先吃我们的宴席,拿我们送你的东西。你是阿嚏人,对吧?我们等了你很久。现在你来了,你一定要看看我们的东西!”

吉尔赛那斯没有力量回绝。

剧透 -   :
The Ancient City of Purstal, 11sc

For days Gilthanas walked across the dry wastes. Each morning he awakened to the same vista: flat, 
brown land stretching to the far horizons. And each day he wondered if he might not have been smarter to stay 
in the city and wait—the gods only knew how long—for some ship that might carry him all the way to 
Qualinesti.
But he had also learned things, disturbing things, about developments in his homeland. Most significantly, 
the Knights of Takhisis, dark warriors who served the five-headed queen of Evil dragonkind, had conquered 
the elven realm during the Summer of Chaos. The elven Speaker, the prince's nephew Gilthas, was serving as 
a puppet on the throne, manipulated by his Dark Knight masters. Waiting for a ship had become too 
aggravating when the memories and fears about his homeland had so filled his thoughts, and so he had set 
out on foot.
At least he had begun to banish the memories of Silvara and convince himself that his life must run its 
course without her. Somehow he believed that when he reached his homeland, everything would make sense 
and his life would have fulfillment and purpose. At night, sometimes, this hope seemed translucent and 
intangible, but with the coming of dawn he once again seized it like the bottom rung of a solid ladder.
He knew little of the lands he passed through, but with his vigor and strength regained and the protection 
offered by a cheap iron sword he had purchased for the wages of a week's hard labor, he felt capable of 
overcoming any obstacle fate might lay in his path. In the city he had learned that he could walk to the Torath 
River and follow that watercourse until it eventually reached Elial. There, he would strike out along the 
Duntollik Run and continue west until he made it to Qualinesti. He had been warned about dragons and bizarre 
creatures of chaos that might lie along the way, which would destroy him if he was so much as noticed.
The elf had reached the riverbank some ten daysago, now, and had failed to see any sign of a 
rivercraft—or any kind of habitation or village. He found the river clean enough to refresh his water supply 
every day, and sometimes he caught fish. Though there were dumps of brush along these waterways— the 
only vegetation other than grass he encountered here—he endured the chill of the near arctic clime rather than 
risk a fire. His supply of elven hardbread was sufficient for more than a month of travel, so he didn't particularly 
worry when, most days, that was the only food he could provide for himself.
As to hideous creatures waiting to prey upon him, he saw no sign. True, he occasionally heard rumbles of 
supernatural storms beyond the horizon to the south or west, but he maintained his vigilance and never 
observed any immediate threat. If a dragon appeared, the elf had a simple plan: He would lie down on the dry 
ground and cover himself with as much dusty dirt as he could quickly gather. Then he would simply wait, eyes 
on the sky, confident that the serpent would never notice him—even should it fly directly overhead.
It was on the eleventh day after he had reached the river that he first noticed an irregularity in the horizon. 
The river had grown to a wide, sluggish expanse to his left. The sun was beginning to set, reflecting off the 
broad flowage when before him he observed a series of shapes scattered across the flat ground. They stood 
perhaps a mile away from the water, and as he walked closer he got the unmistakable impression that these 
were ruins. That was a wall, here before him, and beyond he saw the tattered remnants of great stone houses 
surrounded by tangles of bramble.
Below his feet the dust had scattered away from some patches of ground to reveal smooth, interlocking 
paving stones—a wide avenue leading from a crumbled gate, between the buildings. A stone basin, cracked 
and dry, indicated where a splendid fountain or wading pool must once have gathered cool waters. A gust of 
wind carried dry powder through the air, stinging his eyes and irritating his nostrils.
Before him rose the greatest edifice in this ancient city of the dead. Surely it must once have been a 
palace—the gaunt outline of an ancient doorway gaped like a hungry mouth in the broken facade of a wall. His 
eyes widened with wonder as he slowly climbed the marble stairs leading to the doorway. The roof had long 
since collapsed, but within, outlined by fading sunlight, Gilthanas saw the remnants of corridors and columns, 
and of a sweeping expanse that might have been a throne room or a chamber suitable for hosting a great ball.
He passed beneath the still-intact arch of the doorway and kicked through the rubble on the floor. These 
were mostly loose tiles of slate, obviously scattered here when the roof had caved in. He crossed the hallway 
and passed into the entryway of the great room.
Something scuttled through the shadows at the base of the wall beside him, a little shape scurrying through 
the hall. Reflexively he placed his hand on his sword, even as he heard more noises to the rear. Gilthanas 
spun, but he saw nothing save thickening shadows as the sun continued its relentless descent.
He passed into the great room and saw that columns had once stood around the entire periphery of the 
place. Now many of these had fallen, but enough remained—some splintered at knee or head height, others 
rising more than a dozen feet toward a vanished ceiling—to provide a glimpse into the splendor of the past. He 
advanced across a floor of mosaic tiles and was vaguely surprised to see the colored stone at his feet. With a 
sense of eeriness he realized that something, or somebody, had cleaned off this surface, tending it with more 
care than anyplace else in these ruins.
Once again saw movement in the corner of his vision and he turned, the heavy iron blade drawn from its 
sheath and waving in the cool air.
"Who's there?" he asked.
"Just us."
The reply came from behind and he spun about again, then burst out laughing at the sight o the short, 
pudgy, and unkempt figure regarding him from a dozen paces away.
That fellow immediately twisted to look anxiously over his own shoulder, then turned back to glare at 
Gilthanas. "What so funny?" he demanded.
"Just... nothing," replied the elf, mastering his amusement to render a deep and acceptably formal bow. "It 
is a pleasure to meet you ... one of the Aghar, I am assuming."
The gully dwarf's chest puffed out nearly as far as his bulging belly. "And yes so it is to I myself... I am ass ... 
ass ... ass-you-ming," he parroted, insofar as he could remember what Gilthanas had said.
"I am Gilthanas of Qualinesti," said the wanderer, still maintaining the air of dignity.
"Me too!" cried the gully dwarf. "That is, me got name too ..." If the little creature remembered his cognomen, 
he apparently had no desire to share it.
"Is this your city?" inquired the elf.
"Me . . . my clan . . . we build this place!" boasted the other.
"I see." Gilthanas forced himself to keep a straight face. The Aghar, after all, were known across Krynn as 
the ultimate scavengers, moving into any dwelling or ruin that had become viewed as uninhabitable by its 
original owners. "And what is the name of your great metropolis?"
"This Purstal... Great Capital of the Aghar. This is, and Elial is too! That our other great capital, many days 
that way from here." He pointed in a vaguely northwestern direction.
Gilthanas was suddenly struck by a sense of melancholy. He wondered about the folk, humans most likely, 
who had built these once-splendid edifices. What had happened to them, that they left their cities to fall into 
ruin and be claimed by the lowest of the low. Would this happen to Qualinesti one day? The pang of 
homesickness grew, quickened by a more urgent question: Was it happening already?
"I... I have to go," he said, suddenly wanting to be out of this place, to be on the way to his homeland.
At that moment another gust of wind snaked between the ruined walls and more dust wafted past 
Gilthanas's face. He felt that irritation in his nose and then, before he knew what was happening, he exploded 
with a convulsive sneeze.
"I'm sorry," he apologized, shaking his head to clear the water from his eyes. He noticed with some surprise 
that the gully dwarf was staring up at him with an expression bordering on awe.
"It... it is you. The Sneezer has come!" proclaimed the Aghar. He shouted, waving his hands, dancing a 
shambling jig around the stunned Gilthanas. "The Sneezer comes! The Sneezer comes!"
"I don't understand," the elf tried to interject, beginning to worry. "And I really have to move—"
"But wait... you sleep here, sleep good. My tribe cook you one really fine feast tonight! We wait alla time for 
the Sneezer ... now you come, now you get big party! And then you sleep ... and we give you stuff, gifts we 
make for you. Only then you be on your way!"
"I don't think...." Gilthanas's voice trailed off. He was mystified, but admittedly intrigued.
"Where you go in such hurry, anyplace? I mean, 'anyway?'" demanded the rotund dwarf, glowering 
suspiciously. "You not like our stuff?"
"No, it's just that...." For a moment Gilthanas felt his thoughts run away with him. He remembered a dragon 
of silver, supple, curves and a graceful neck. She was an elf maid, and his beloved, and at that instant his 
longing for her was an emotion more powerful than he thought he could survive. But he shook his head—she 
was gone, and he had his life before him. "I'm going home," he said quietly, almost sadly.
"Well, go home—but not before you have our feast, take our stuff. You da Sneezer, right? We been waitin' 
for you. Now you come, see our stuff!"
Gilthanas didn't have the strength to resist.
« 上次编辑: 2013-07-21, 周日 17:49:45 由 茶白猫小修 »

骰神牧师的布道

离线 茶白猫小修

• 骰神牧师
  • Hero
  • 茶白有根白尾巴
    • 水晶镜子-纤云坊
« 回帖 #12 于: 2013-07-18, 周四 14:20:01 »

艾格哈的好客热情正如溪谷矮人这个种族本身一样痴狂,但吉尔赛那斯惊讶的发现,自己竟然很享受这群脏兮兮的小家伙的重视和友谊。他被告知“阿嚏人”的传说在溪谷矮人间代代相传……普斯塔,以及附近那座姊妹城市——或者说,姊妹废墟——伊莱尔的艾格哈们,都日复一日地盼望着那个打喷嚏的人的降临。

自然,正如吉尔赛那斯所见,溪谷矮人们根本不了解这个喷嚏对他们来说有什么含义。他喝着他们的酒——酒还挺不错;吃着他们的食物——食物挺糟的。他聆听着他们的故事,欣赏着一位有望成为秘术师的老矮人响亮的歌声,那歌谣描述了南方冰川上的某座拱门。

“那冰封旧日之拱(Frozen Past Arch)!”那艾格哈尖叫着,勉强算是在歌唱,“在那里真挚的心灵可以找到他们的渴望!”在几次提问之后,吉尔赛那斯了解到,那座拱门据说是一个极其古老的国度的遗物,它的确蕴含着力量,但难于解开。

终于,艾格哈们为他们可敬的阿嚏人带来了礼品。吉尔赛那斯慨然应允,做好心理准备去接受某种发霉的老鼠皮斗篷或没有背带的背包。他目瞪口呆地发现,那群卑贱的东道主竟然献上了真正的宝藏——包括一套在任何气候下都能保暖的斗篷和靴子、一只总能倒出新鲜饮料的细颈瓶,一张标出灰烬平原与邻接的冰墙冰川(Icewall Glacier)位置的地图,以及一把宝剑——一把两千多年前打造的精灵钢(elven steel)的利刃。

由于感动和八九分醉意,他拥抱了许多溪谷矮人,和他们跳舞,最后睡倒在一堆破布上,与一百多名艾格哈同室而眠。当他醒来的时候,他的东道主们还在沉睡。尽管吉尔赛那斯感到舌头麻木,脑袋剧痛,他还是收拾起他的新宝贝们,轻轻对东道主们说了声永别,再度踏上了归乡的道路。

剧透 -   :

Aghar hospitality proved to be as insanely frenetic as the gully dwarves themselves, but Gilthanas was 
surprised to find himself enjoying the attention and the friendship of the filthy runts. He learned that the legend 
of "The Sneezer" had been handed down from generation to generation... that the ghar here in Purstal, and 
in the nearby sister city—or sister ruin—of Elial, both had been living their days waiting for the arrival of the one 
who would sneeze.
Of course, the gully dwarves had no real understanding of what the Sneeze meant to them, which was just 
as well, from Gilthanas's point of view. He drank their wine, which was not bad, and ate their food, which was 
bad. He listened to their tales, enjoying one old would-be mystic who loudly sang of an arch on the glacier to 
the south.
"The Frozen Past Arch!" screeched the Aghar, in a quasi-sing-song. "It is the place where true hearts can 
seek their desire!" With a few questions, Gilthanas learned that the arch was reputedly a relic from a very 
ancient civilization, and that its powers were real, but difficult to unlock.
Finally, the Aghar brought forth gifts for their honored Sneezer. Gilthanas was agreeable and prepared 
himself to accept some moldy rat-skin cloak or perhaps a backpack with no straps. He was stunned when his 
humble hosts instead gave him real treasures, including a cloak and boots that would keep him warm in all 
weather, a decanter that would always pour fresh beverage, a scroll that mapped out for him the Plains of Dust 
and the adjacent Icewall Glacier, and finally a fine sword, a blade of elven steel that had been forged more 
than two thousand years ago.
Touched and more than a little drunk, he embraced many of the gully dwarves, danced with them, and fell 
asleep on a heap of rags in the same room with a hundred Aghar. When he awakened, his hosts were still 
sleeping. Despite his thick tongue and pounding headache, Gilthanas gathered his new treasures, gave his 
hosts a whispered farewell, and once again started on the road toward his home.
« 上次编辑: 2013-07-23, 周二 11:12:11 由 茶白猫小修 »

骰神牧师的布道

离线 茶白猫小修

• 骰神牧师
  • Hero
  • 茶白有根白尾巴
    • 水晶镜子-纤云坊
« 回帖 #13 于: 2013-07-19, 周五 01:03:21 »
一朵石玫瑰的感悟:石玫瑰镇(Stone Rose),12sc

欢迎光临花园!

噢,朋友们,我不是故意要吓你们的。只不过现如今来这儿的人实在是太少了,你们能陪陪我,我简直高兴坏了。来,来,这儿有满满一皮袋调好的红酒,请赏光与我共饮,作为打扰诸位独处的赔礼。

不,不,不……非来不可。要是把仅有的几位客人给吓跑了,我还当啥园丁啊?真不像话,真的!

不用不用。我的工作就是确保您能享受到游览的乐趣嘛。但愿诸位度过一段愉快的时光,回头跟亲朋好友宣传一下,让他们也来这儿玩一趟。来,相互递一下酒囊,大家喝个够。今天你们就是我,花园管理员塔恩·格兰杰(Tarn Granger)的客人。花园(the garden)这名字没啥创意——不过您想啊,咱这整一个镇的名字就叫做石玫瑰镇,所以它的主要景点也没必要另取新鲜的名头啦。

这些天,路过这儿的几乎就只有商人和佣兵,他们都没空停下脚步闻一闻这些玫瑰——我就光是这么一说。朝圣者和冒险者简直再也不到咱石玫瑰镇来了。我也没法指责他们待在家里,毕竟塔克西丝骑士的铁腕牢牢控制了奎灵纳斯提,那条叫黑貂(Sable)的黑龙把整个新海岸(New Coast)变成了血海!不过但凡是来了的人,个个都会大开眼界——我一点不夸张地告诉您,这在克莱恩世界是独一份儿。

跟我来,让您看看我指的是什么。

请恕我冒昧,不过瞧诸位这破破烂烂的衣裳,眼睛里这提心吊胆的神色,我要斗胆猜您是从奎灵纳斯提来的难民。是吧,我早就在想了!刚刚提到黑暗骑士的时候您几位吓了一跳,这可是致命的破绽呀。

要我说呀,这是个教人伤心,教人伤心的年月。“凡人之年代(Age of Mortals)”,我看不见得!如果这真是属于我们的时代,为啥有一半的土地都落在一座小城堡大小的龙手里?决不能啊!但是美应该长存心间——而我也不知道有别的什么地方比石玫瑰镇的花园更美的啦。

看那儿,美得教人窒息,对不对?超过一亩各种形状各种大小的玫瑰丛。那几丛修剪成龙的形状,还有一只狮鹫,一匹飞马。往尽北边看,那花架上缠满了玫瑰藤,还有您拳头大小的花。那中央是座名副其实的迷宫。现在它瞧着不大像迷宫——您看那树篱不过齐腰高——可是迷宫就在它正当中,在剪成一棵微缩版瓦伦木(vallenwood)形状的那丛玫瑰藤下边的树阴里绕着呢。那儿是全镇最适合坐下来静静品尝您的调和酒的地方了(要不然您以为我们往那走干嘛呢,嗯?)。

是啊,这一切已经够神奇了,要想到我们这可是在一片沙漠的边缘!但它比你们想的还要奇幻。您看啊,全部这些玫瑰,不管是灌木,是藤,还是树,全都是石头做的。而且还不是那种碎碎的花岗岩。这种石头平滑又光润,就像您能在索兰尼亚贵族的家里找到的那种大理石雕一样亮闪闪的。

看呐!

它们的细节是如此精美,您很难说出它们和真正的玫瑰之间有什么差异——呃,除了颜色……还有香味之外。要是它们是真花儿,这空气中早该充满了浓郁的香气。咱的玫瑰不像普通的玫瑰那么好闻,但是您秋天永远不用清扫花瓣!作为一个园丁,跟您说啊,这让我可高兴了。我们也不用对付蜜蜂和其他烦人的虫子,所以到头来,我还是得说,咱这算是两全其美了。

不过,诸位要小心啊。这些刺正像它们看起来一样锋利,而且够结实,足以伤人。我记得有一次,一个小坎德人好奇这些玫瑰里边是不是也跟外壳一样是石头做的。他把整个胳膊硬塞进枝条间的一道缝隙里去。这是我见过最傻的一桩傻事,不过您懂得,坎德人嘛,脑瓜里冒出个鬼主意的时候就是那样的。

嗯哼,当他抓住他所找到的第一根枝条的时候,胳膊就卡在那儿了。当然啦,那枝条是石头的——而且长满了刺。他嚎叫得像条鼻子卡进了蜂箱的狗那么惨。然后那坎德人试着尽快抽出他的胳膊。这是他犯的第二个错误。

本来也就是手上留下几个洞的事儿,但是这么一来,他的胳膊就被一路上的几乎每一根刺钩住了。他往外一抽胳膊,又是一声惨嚎,再抽一点儿,嚎得更大声,最后他终于把自己给拔出来了。跟您说,那场面一点也不赏心悦目。幸亏镇长的女儿桑德拉·轻触(Sondra Softtouch)听到动静跑了过来。桑德拉在金月和她的秘术师们那里学过一年,回来的时候已经是个不错的小治疗师了。她给坎德人结结实实地包扎了一通。虽然坎德人还是对花非常好奇,但从那之后一直到离开,他始终把手插在深深的小包包里。

是啊,关于这个花园,我有好多好多故事可讲。我想,这是因为我花了毕生的精力在照管它吧。

什么?您以为石玫瑰不需要照管?

这里会长出杂草,就像其他任何地方一样。尽管不会对那些灌木造成威胁,它们看上去还是乱糟糟的。谁会想游览一个凌乱的花园?还有那些游客留下的烂摊子。您绝想不到,如果人们不真正住在这个地方,他们走的时候会留下一堆什么样的玩意儿。我在花园里捡到过各种各样的东西,从破衣服到臭鸡蛋。要是我再告诉您这个,您没准会惊讶得昏过去:我时不常的捡到缺刃的(有时是完全折断的)匕首和短剑,那是因为有些家伙打着傻算盘,试着把一朵真正的石玫瑰带回家去。您知道吗,我甚至见过一把砍这些茎砍缺了一大块的牛头人战斧?连我都震惊了。

那些玫瑰有魔力吗?

呃,很难讲。普通的刀剑伤不到它们分毫,这的确可以用魔力来解释。不过话又说回来,其实我觉得,要是您对一块大石头挥剑也会得到同样的结果——毕竟,没有哪把剑是为了一次又一次地砍石头而造的啊。

有些人说,花园是个被诅咒的地方。

剧透 -   :
Reflections on a Rose of Stone: Stone Rose, 12sc

Welcome to the garden!
Oh, my friends, I didn't mean to frighten you. It's just that so few people come here anymore that I am 
terribly glad for the company. Here, I've a skin full of mulled wine—allow me to make amends for spoiling your 
solitude by sharing it with you.
No, no, no ... I insist. What kind of caretaker would I be if I scared away my only guests? A poor one, let me 
assure you!
No. It is my job to make sure you enjoy your visit. Hopefully, you'll have such a good time that you'll tell all 
your friends and relations to also make the journey. So pass around the skin and drink your fill. Today, you are 
the guests of Tarn Granger, the keeper of the garden—an uninspired name, but when your entire town is 
named Stone Rose, there's really no reason to think of a fancy title for the main attraction.
Just about the only people who come through here these days are merchants and mercenaries, and neither 
of them have time to stop and smell the roses—so to speak. Pilgrims and explorers rarely make the trip to 
Stone Rose anymore. I can't say I blame them for staying home, what with the Knights of Takhisis holding 
Qualinesti in their iron grip, and Sable the Black Dragon turning all the New Coast into a bloody swamp! But 
those who make the trip see something so amazing—I'm not fibbing one bit when I tell you it's unique on all of 
Krynn.
Walk with me a ways, and I'll show you what I mean.
Pardon my saying so, but by the look of your tattered clothing and that haunted tint to your eyes, I'd hazard 
to guess that you're refugees from Qualinesti. I thought so! The way you flinched when I mentioned the Dark 
Knights was a dead giveaway.
It's a sad, sad time, I tell you. "Age of Mortals" indeed! If it was our age, would half the land be ruled by 
dragons the size of small castles? No, sir! But you take your beauty where you can—and I don't know of 
anywhere more beautiful than the garden in Stone Rose.
Look out there. It takes your breath away, doesn't it? Over an acre of rosebushes in all shapes and sizes. 
Those over there are trimmed in the shapes of dragons, a griffin, and a pegasus. Off to the north, you can see 
lattices covered with vines and flowers the size of your fist. But te centerpiece, literally, is the maze. Now, it's 
not much of a maze—you can see the hedges are only about waist high—but that circle at the center sits under 
the shade of a rosebush grown and pruned into the shape of a miniature vallenwood. It's the best place in the 
whole town to sit and quietly sip your mulled wine. (Why do you think we're heading there, eh?)
Yes, all this would be marvel enough, considering the fact that we're on the edge of a desert! But it's even 
more fantastic than you think. You see, all the roses, every bush, vine, and tree, are made of stone. And not 
some crumbled granite either. The stone is smooth and polished, and shines like the marble statues you'll find 
in Solamnian noble homes.
Look at them!
The detail is so fine that you can hardly tell the difference between these and the real thing—well, except for 
the color .. . and the smell. If these were live flowers, the air would be thick with perfume. Our roses don't smell 
so nice as the normal kind, but you never have to sweep up the petals in the fall! As the groundskeeper, let me 
tell you, that makes me very happy. We also don't have to deal with bees and other nuisance bugs, so all in all, 
I'd say we get the best of both worlds.
Careful, though. Those thorns are just as sharp as they look, and they're sturdy enough to do some real 
damage. I remember one little kender who got curious about whether the bushes were made of stone on the 
inside as well as the out. He stuck his whole arm in through a gap in the branches. Not the brightest thing I've 
ever seen done, but you know how kender are when they get a notion in their heads.
Well, he got his arm wedged in there as far as it would go and grabbed onto the first branch he found. Sure 
enough, it was made of stone—and covered in thorns. He yelped like a dog that had stuck its nose up a 
beehive. The kender then tried to pull his arm out as quick as can be. That was his second mistake.
Instead of just having a few holes in his hand, he snagged his arm on just about every thorn on the way out. 
He yanked the arm a ways, yelped again, yanked some more, yelped even louder, until finally, he got himself 
free. It wasn't a pretty sight, let me tell you. Luckily, Sondra Softtouch, the mayor's daughter, heard the 
commotion and came running. Sondra spent a year studying up there with Goldmoon and her mystics on 
Schallsea and came back quite the little healer. She patched the kender up quick enough. And though he was 
still very curious about the flowers, that kender kept his hands in his deep little pockets the rest of his stay.
Yes, I've got a whole lot of stories about the garden. I suppose that's what comes from spending my whole 
life tending the place.
What? You don't think stone roses need tending?
Weeds grow here just as well as they do anywhere else. They may not be a threat to these bushes, but they 
still look a mess. And who wants to visit a messy garden? Then there's the mess that people make. You 
wouldn't believe the kind of things folks will just up and leave behind if they don't actually live in a place. I've 
found everything from torn clothing to rotten eggs just sitting in the garden. And you'd faint dead away if I told 
you how often I find daggers and short swords with their blades chipped (and sometimes broken clean off) by 
someone who got it into his fool head to try to take a genuine stone rose home with him. Do you know I've even 
seen a minotaur battle-ax with a goodly chunk missing thanks to one of these stems? Even I'm amazed.
Are the roses magic?
Well, that's hard to say. Magic would explain why they stand up so well to normal blades. But then again, I'd 
think the same thing if you started taking swings at a boulder—no sword was meant to strike a rock over and 
over again.
Some folks say the garden is a cursed site.
« 上次编辑: 2013-08-05, 周一 12:04:46 由 茶白猫小修 »

骰神牧师的布道

离线 茶白猫小修

• 骰神牧师
  • Hero
  • 茶白有根白尾巴
    • 水晶镜子-纤云坊
« 回帖 #14 于: 2013-07-20, 周六 01:11:45 »

这个故事发生在很久很久以前,比诸神对古老的伊斯塔降下火雨还要早的时候,那时候这块土地还又青翠又肥沃,如今是我们小镇的这个地方,当时还是座宏伟的城堡。据说,在那座城堡里,住着一位特别睿智的国王和他唯一的儿子,多特阿德(Dottaard)王子。

随着岁月的手指慢慢勒紧国王的喉咙,他开始担心他王国的命运,因为他的儿子还没成亲。为了亡羊补牢,国王派出他手下四位最快的骑手,朝着四方奔驰,向整个国家宣告他的圣旨:多特阿德王子所娶的女子不仅可以成为这个国度的太子妃(和未来的王后),还将获得城堡以南的全部国土,国库的一半全归她,爱怎么用就怎么用。他认为,王子绝不会看上一个会滥用这笔礼物的女人。

第二天,王宫里来了几百个年轻淑女,每一个都比下一个更美丽,更优雅。不过,王子的眼光只停留在罗瑟拉(Rosella)一个人的身上。罗瑟拉披着一件漆黑的斗篷,尽管她把兜帽拉得低低的(始终把双眼藏在阴影里),但披散在她肩头那柔顺的红色发绺和她红宝石般的嘴唇都仿佛述说着她是一位多么精致美丽的女子。

才到中午,多特阿德王子就回绝了罗瑟拉之外的所有女孩,日落时分,他已经确信世上没有更配得上他的女子。因此,他们决定在一个月后举行婚礼。国王大喜过望。他的儿子将拥有一位夫人,他的王国将拥有一位太子妃,而他也可以幸福地瞑目了。

然而,当天晚上,国王路过罗瑟拉的房间时,听到里面传来一个陌生而苍老的声音。他从门缝往里偷看,看见罗瑟拉摘掉了她的兜帽——原来她的真面目根本不是什么年轻的姑娘,而是一个老巫婆。她穿的斗篷其实是她的法袍——她是个黑袍法师——她在那上面施了个咒语,只要她紧紧裹着这件斗篷,就能拥有公主般的容貌。

“我施了个咒语,”罗瑟拉咯咯笑着自言自语,“让那个笨蛋王子爱上我。一个月以后,我就要和他结婚了,半个王国都将是我的了!”

国王跑去告诉他儿子这个坏消息,可是罗瑟拉的咒语太管用了,王子根本一点儿也不相信。他决定和罗瑟拉结婚,而他的父亲没法插手。婚礼的日子一天天临近,国王思考着,计划着,可是他实在想不到有什么办法能从那坏女人的手里拯救他的儿子和王国。

就这样,离婚礼只有一星期的时候,一位宫女碰巧听到罗瑟拉在和卫队长说话。“我对玫瑰严重过敏,”她说,“所以你可别让任何客人把玫瑰带到我的婚礼上。就算最小最小的,能编进少女头饰的那种玫瑰花蕾也不行,懂了吗?”

宫女确实听懂了,她赶快把听到的内容告诉国王。国王想出了一个好主意。

在婚礼的那天,国王去找他的儿子,为自己对准新娘粗鲁的行为道歉。“为了补偿,”国王说,“我安排了有史以来最为辉煌的仪式。婚礼将在我们的庭院里举行,王国的每位子民都将出席庆典。”被咒语迷住的王子非常高兴,他把这个惊人的消息告诉了罗瑟拉。

当新郎和新娘手挽着手走出来的时候,罗瑟拉倒吸一口凉气,吓得缩了回去。整个庭院被布置成了一个玫瑰园,那里有树木,有灌丛,有矮树……玫瑰的一切品种应有尽有,而所有这些玫瑰都正值花期。

在整个王国的众目睽睽之下,罗瑟拉打了个大喷嚏,这个喷嚏是如此之大,把她的兜帽都吹飞了,露出她的真面目。围观的人群一片骚动,而罗瑟拉接连不断地打着喷嚏。终于,她的专注被打断了,再也没法维持那蛊惑多特阿德王子的魔咒。

王子脱离了罗瑟拉的控制,立即宣布婚礼中止,并叫来了王宫卫队。尽管卫队不是巫婆的对手,他们还是赶走了罗瑟拉。临走前,她对国王说:“你的玫瑰击败了我,但它们别想干第二次!”

她一面说,一面在空中挥舞着双手,所有的树木,灌丛和矮树全都变成了石头。紧接着,她又施展了一道咒语,消失在一团烟雾之中。

多特阿德王子听国王解释了事情的来龙去脉后,去对那位宫女致以谢意。最终,两人坠入了爱河,一个月后,他们结婚了。

婚礼在这座石玫瑰花园中举行,新郎、新娘和国王都认为,这里是整座王国最美妙的地方。

剧透 -   :

The story goes that a long time ago, back before the gods rained fire down on ancient Istar, back when this 
part of the land was green and fertile, a great castle stood where our little own is now. In that castle, they say, 
lived a very wise king and his only son, Prince Dottaard.
As the fingers of age tightened on the king, he began to worry about the fate of his kingdom, for his son was 
yet unmarried. In order to remedy this situation, the king sent his four swiftest riders, one in each direction, to 
make this proclamation known throughout the land: Whatever woman Prince Dottaard married would not only 
become princess (and eventually queen) of the realm, but also would receive all the lands south of the castle 
and half of the kingdom's treasury to do with as she pleased. The prince, he thought, would never choose to 
marry a woman who would abuse such a gift.
The next day, hundreds of young ladies visited the palace, each more beautiful and elegant than the next. 
The only one the prince had eyes for, though, was Rosella. Rosella wore a cape of deepest black, and though 
she kept the hood pulled low (hiding her eyes in constant shadow), the flowing red locks that spilled over her 
shoulders and her ruby lips said this was a woman of exquisite beauty.
By midday, Prince Dottaard dismissed all the ladies except Rosella, and by sundown, he was sure no other 
woman matched him so perfectly. The wedding, it was decided, would take place one month hence.
The king was beside himself with joy. His son would have a wife, his kingdom would have a princess, and 
he could die a happy man.
That evening, however, as the king passed Rosella's chamber, he heard a strange, ancient voice coming 
from within. Peeking through the cracked door, he saw Rosella remove her hood to reveal that she was not a 
youthful maiden at all, but rather an ancient sorceress. The cloak she wore was really her wizards 
robes—black robes—and she cast a spell so that when it was pulled tight about her, she would have the 
visage of a princess.
"I have cast a spell," Rosella cackled to herself, "to make that fool prince fall in love with me. In one month, 
we will marry and half the kingdom will be mine!"
The king ran off to tell his son the terrible news, but Rosella's spell was so powerful that the prince did not 
believe a word of it. He was going to marry Rosella, and his father could do nothing about it. As the wedding 
day grew closer, the king plotted and planned, but he could find no way to save his son and his kingdom from 
this terrible woman.
Then, one week before the wedding, a palace maid overheard Rosella talking to the captain of the guard. "I 
am terribly allergic to roses," she said, "so you must not allow any guests to bring them to my wedding. Not 
even the tiniest rosebud may be woven into a lady's headdress, is that clear?"
It certainly was clear to the maid, and she hurried to tell the king what she had heard. It gave him a clever 
plan.
On the day of the wedding, the king came to his son and apologized for his rude behavior toward the 
bride-to-be. "In order to make amends," the king said, "I have arranged the most glorious event ever. The 
wedding will take place in our own courtyard, and everyone in the kingdom will be there." This pleased the 
spellbound prince, and he went to tell Rosella the wonderful news.
As the bride and groom walked out arm-in-arm, Rosella gasped, then drew back in horror. The entire 
courtyard had been transformed into a rose garden with trees, bushes, and shrubs of all varieties, each at the 
height of bloom.
While the entire kingdom watched, Rosella sneezed so hard that her hood flew off, revealing her true form. 
As panic swept through the crowd, Rosella sneezed again and again. Finally, her concentration was so 
shattered that she could no longer maintain the spell that bewitched Prince Dottaard.
Freed from Rosella's control, the prince immediately announced that the wedding was off and called for the 
palace guard. Though they were no match for the sorceress, the guards drove Rosella off. Before she left, she 
turned to the king and said, "Your roses have beaten me, but they will never do so again!"
With that, she waved her hands in theair and every bush, tree, and shrub turned to stone. Then she 
repeated the motion and disappeared in a puff of smoke.
When the king explained what had happened, Prince Dottaard went to thank the palace maid. In the end, 
though, the two fell in love, and one month later, they married.
The wedding was held in the garden of stone roses, which bride, groom, and king all agreed was the 
loveliest place in all the kingdom.
« 上次编辑: 2013-07-20, 周六 13:18:44 由 茶白猫小修 »

骰神牧师的布道

离线 茶白猫小修

• 骰神牧师
  • Hero
  • 茶白有根白尾巴
    • 水晶镜子-纤云坊
« 回帖 #15 于: 2013-07-20, 周六 13:29:23 »

真是个好故事,对不?这是我女儿还是个小丫头的时候,她最喜欢的一个故事啦。大部分人觉得这不是真的,不过我们还是经常把它讲给游客们听。

我们比较愿意相信的是下面这个故事,关于一位雕塑师和一位公主的。(有趣的是,为什么每个故事都和王室有关呢,嗯?)

剧透 -   :

Quite a story, eh? It was my daughter's favorite when she was a wee girl. Most folk don't take it as truth, but 
it's the one we usually tell visitors.
The story we like to believe is about a sculptor and a princess. (Funny how they all seem to be about royalty, 
eh?)
« 上次编辑: 2013-07-20, 周六 18:20:44 由 茶白猫小修 »

骰神牧师的布道

离线 茶白猫小修

• 骰神牧师
  • Hero
  • 茶白有根白尾巴
    • 水晶镜子-纤云坊
« 回帖 #16 于: 2013-07-20, 周六 13:34:23 »

故事发生在力量之年代(Age of Might),伊斯塔的教皇颁布他那道《证明美德》的敕命(Proclamation of Manifest Virtue)后不久。有一位科延公主(Princess Kojen),她是卡若理家族(House of Kharolis)一名美丽而又强大的战士。她抨击教皇的教义,因为他宣称,任何参与战争或从事“男性化职业”的女人都是邪恶的追随者,应当就地处死。

科延公主是整个卡若理王国(kingdom of Kharolis)少女们的偶像,也是一名强有力的领导者——依照敕命,这是她被严格禁止担任的职位——她还热爱射箭,击剑和骑马。事实上,她所做的事当中只有一件符合教皇的许可,那就是与她的爱人——一位名叫瑟兰(Serran)的雕塑师——共度时光。

尽管瑟兰恳求科延不要如此放肆地拂逆教皇的敕命,但她只是报以嘲笑。“我就是这样的人,”她对他说,“你也不希望我要你放弃你的锤和凿,对吧?一定是这样。那么你又怎能让我放弃我如饥似渴地追求的那一切呢?那强迫我这么干的人,又怎么可能是世间一切善良的化身呢?”

瑟兰被这个问题吓得脸色苍白:“那是异端,科延!千万别再说这种话了!”

公主只是讥笑她的爱人。她的决心是那么强烈,以至于她不管不顾地在任何场合说出自己的观点,无论那会招致什么样的后果。科延死不悔改的行径传到了教皇的耳朵里,他派出一百名士兵去逮捕这位公主。

士兵们抵达瑟兰的工作室,科延公主用冰冷的钢铁招呼了他们。战斗持续了三天又三夜,当第四天清晨的太阳升起的时候,科延公主是唯一还站着的人。

“这事儿还没有完,瑟兰,”在爱人为她包扎伤口的时候,她对他说,“还会来更多的士兵——也许一千,也许更多。而我将不会是他们唯一的目标。为了抓我,他们会攻击你,我无法忍受这种事。明天早晨我就要远走高飞,这样你就安全了。”

雕塑师明白这是唯一的办法,尽管这令他心碎。

“我有件礼物送给你。”在她走之前,瑟兰最后一次拥科延入怀,低声耳语。

他伸出手,手心是一朵石雕的玫瑰,每一个细节都如此精致和完美:“这朵花永不褪色,永不凋零,就像我对你的爱,亲爱的科延。在我们分离的每一天里,我都会雕一朵新的玫瑰,等到重逢的那一天,我们将拥有一座爱的丰碑。”

第二天黎明,公主离开了。

一周之后,一千名士兵赶到了瑟兰家,要抓科延。一百名官员向他询问公主的下落,但他只报以同一个答案——“她已经走了。”与此同时,他的目光从未离开手中那一朵完美的,盛开的玫瑰——他用一块坚硬的大理石雕刻的玫瑰。士兵们离开后,瑟兰把那朵玫瑰带到他的花园,将它安放在一个木制花架上,摆在另外六朵完美的石玫瑰旁边。

雕塑师不时听到他的公主的传闻。要是那些传闻都可信的话,科延公主从安塞隆大陆的一头旅行到了另一头,然后周而复始。她甚至可能去过传说中的巨龙列岛(Dragon Isles)。可是在她的放浪之旅中,她从未回到瑟兰的身边。

在他离开人世之前,瑟兰雕刻了两万多朵玫瑰,还有全部一切的叶、茎和花架——那就是您如今在花园里看到的。

剧透 -   :

In the Age of Might, shortly after the Kingpriest of Istar made his Proclamation of Manifest Virtue, there lived 
Princess Kojen, a beautiful and mighty warrior of the House of Kharolis. She railed against the doctrines of the 
Kingpriest, who declared that any woman who engaged in battle or other "manly duties" was a follower of Evil 
and should be put immediately to death.
Princess Kojen, as was the fashion for ladies in the kingdom of Kharolis, was a strong leader—a position 
the Proclamation strictly forbade her to hold—and often enjoyed the pleasures of archery, fencing, and 
horseback riding. In fact, just about the only thing she did which would have met remotely with the Kingpriest's 
approval was the time she spent with her lover, a sculptor by the name of Serran.
Though Serran would beg Kojen not to flaunt the Proclamation so boldly, she just laughed at him. "It is who 
I am," she told him. "You would not want me to ask you to give up your chisel and mallet, would you? No. Then 
how can you ask me to give up all of the things my blood aches to do? And how can anyone who forces me to 
do so possibly be the living embodiment of all that is Good?"
Serran blanched at the question. "That is heresy, Kojen! Do not ever say that again!"
The princess merely laughed at her lover. Her will was too strong to allow her to do anything other than 
speak her mind at all times, no matter what the consequences. And when word of Kojen's unrepentant ways 
reached the Kingpriest, he sent a force of one hundred soldiers to arrest the princess.
When the soldiers approached Serran's workshop, Princess Kojen met them with cold steel. The battle 
raged for three days and three nights, and when the sun rose on the fourth day, Princess Kojen was the only 
one left standing.
"This is not the end of this, Serran," she said as he tended her wounds. "More soldiers will come—perhaps 
a thousand or more. And I will not be their only target. In order to get to me, they will strike at you, and I cannot 
have that. Tomorrow morning, I must leave so that you will be safe."
Though it broke his heart, the sculptor knew it must be so.
"I have a present for you," Serran whispered as he held Kojen in his arms for the last time before she left. 
He held out his hand, and in it was a sculpture of a rose, delicate and perfect in every detail. "As this flower will 
never fade and wilt, neither will my love for you, dear Kojen. For every day that we are apart, I will carve 
another rose so that when we are reunited, we will have a monument worthy of our love."
The princess left the next morning at dawn.
A week later, a thousand soldiers arrived at Serran's home looking for Kojen. And though a hundred 
different officers questioned him as to the princess's whereabouts, the only answer he ever gave was, "She 
has gone." And all the while, he never looked up from the perfect blooming rose he carved from a block of solid 
marble. When the soldiers left, Serran carried the rose out to his garden and placed it in a wooden lattice 
alongside six other perfect stone roses.
From time to time, the sculptor would hear rumors of his princess. If they were all to be believed, Kojen 
traveled from one end of Ansalon to the other and back. She may have even visited the fabled Dragon Isles. 
But the one place her wanderings nver took her was back to Serran's side.
Before he died, Serran sculpted more than twenty thousand individual roses as well as every leaf, limb, and 
lattice that you find in the garden today.
« 上次编辑: 2013-07-20, 周六 23:10:26 由 茶白猫小修 »

骰神牧师的布道

离线 茶白猫小修

• 骰神牧师
  • Hero
  • 茶白有根白尾巴
    • 水晶镜子-纤云坊
« 回帖 #17 于: 2013-07-20, 周六 19:10:18 »

为了捍卫一份像科延与瑟兰那么真挚的爱情,谁不愿意挺身抵抗一整支大军呢?

哪怕这个故事里只有一部分是真实的,那就不难想明白,这座花园为什么会是这么一个鼓舞人心的地方。照管它的四十年来,我见过各种各样的男人,女人,还有动物,走进这座花园,在他们离开时,都打心眼儿里改变了。

曾经有个男人从东野地(Estwilde)远道而来,他在那儿开着个磨谷子的磨坊。自打他生平头一次听说石玫瑰镇的这座花园起,就有种说不清的冲动,想亲自看一眼。他把磨坊卖了,把这世上对他来说最重要的那点东西打了个包,翻山越岭,穿过沙漠,穿过龙的国度来到这儿。跟您说,他走的每一公里都凝在他的脸上,刻在他的衬衣上,我能看得出来,可是我再没见过比他更快乐的人了——我是说,在他坐到树阴下的长凳上以前。

看吧,就在那张长凳上,坐着个女人,她花光了嫁妆的最后一个铜子儿,和他一样,从坦尼丝(Tanith)的一个农场远道而来。

他们俩对望了一眼,就好像已经互相认识一辈子了一样。他们坐在那棵树下,一直聊到深夜。第二天我回来的时候,看见他们俩蜷在彼此的怀里,靠着一道石头树篱睡着了。

好吧,当天晚上,镇长主持了他们的婚礼。他们住在一个农场里,沿这条路走不远就是。

您懂了吧,就算我们当中那些天天都来花园的人,也照样会被它带来的情绪感染的。

有天清早,我来上班的时候,听到树篱迷宫里的什么地方传来一种怪可怜的叫声。我找了一会儿,发现一只小黑猫——还不到四周大——戗了的毛被一根石头刺挂住了。我找不到猫妈妈和其他的猫崽们,可是很明显,这小家伙在这世上孤孤单单的,它需要一些照顾。所以我把它带回家了,尽管我一碰动物就鼻塞流眼泪。您还不知道,那只猫忒喜欢人摸。

是啊,这地方的美,会让人做出些可怕的怪事,比如说那天路过这儿的那位精灵。他是个怪人,和你们一样是奎灵纳斯提的。但是他并不逃离黑暗骑士和他们的爪牙,而是径直走回森林去。不过,到最后,我想花园还是帮他找到了一条正路。

剧透 -   :

Who wouldn't face an entire army to defend a love as true as Kojen and Serran's?
If that story is even partly true, then it's no wonder the garden is such an inspirational site. In the forty years 
that I've tended it, I've seen all manner of man, woman, and beast come into the garden and leave changed to 
the core.
There was a man who traveled here all the way from the Estwilde, where he ran a grist mill. Seems that all 
his life he had heard of the garden at Stone Rose and felt an unexplainable urge to see it. He sold his mill, 
packed the few things that mattered most to him in this world, and hiked across mountain, desert, and dragon 
realm to get here. Let me tell you, I could see every mile he'd crossed caked onto his face or frayed off his shirt, 
but a happier man I'd never met. That is, until he sat on the bench under the shade tree.
You see, sitting on that bench was a woman who had taken every last copper from her dowry to pay for a 
similar trek, all the way from a farm in Tanith.
They took one look at each other, and it was as if they'd known one another all their lives. They sat under 
that tree and talked deep into the night. When I came back the next day, I found them curled in one another's 
arms, asleep beneath a stone hedge.
Well, the mayor performed their marriage ceremony that evening. They live on a farm just down the road. 
See, even those of us who visit the garden every day still get swept up in the emotions it brings out.
One morning, I arrived at work to hear a piteous yowling coming from somewhere in the hedge maze. After 
searching around for a while, I came across a black kitten—it couldn't have been more than four weeks 
old—whose matted fur had become caught on a stone thorn. I haven't a clue what happened to the mother or 
the rest of the litter, but it was plain to see this little fellow was all alone in the world and in need of some looking 
after. So I brought him home in spite of the fact that my nose clogs up and my eyes tear every time I so much 
as touch an animal. And don't you know it, that cat loves to be petted.
Yes, the beauty of the place will make a body do some awful strange things, like this elf that passed through 
here the other day. He was a strange one, a Qualinesti just like you folks. But instead of running away from the 
Dark Knights and their minions, he was headed straight back into the forest. Still, in the end, I think the garden 
helped him find the right path to walk.

骰神牧师的布道

离线 茶白猫小修

• 骰神牧师
  • Hero
  • 茶白有根白尾巴
    • 水晶镜子-纤云坊
« 回帖 #18 于: 2013-07-20, 周六 20:08:12 »

那天清早我走进花园的时候,那位精灵就已经在那儿了,他站在那边的一丛灌木前边,死死地盯着那朵玫瑰——那朵半开的,差不多面朝正西的玫瑰。

他的衣裳看起来像个流浪汉,不过他的举止又让我觉得该再考虑考虑。您看,对我们人类来说,每个精灵看上去都或多或少有点高傲。你们走路的方式,你们高瘦而挺拔的身材,让你们看起来就好像,光是走进一间屋子就期待着得到祝贺一样。我不是故意侮辱你们,就是和我们人类这么一比。因为那天早上我看见的那位精灵有种气场,让他看起来很……呃……傲慢,这是我想到的唯一一个形容词。

在人们看起来需要帮助或打算倾诉之前,我通常不去打扰他们,所以我就干自己的活去了,留下那精灵一个人待着。但是,在我除完草之后,我发现那精灵还是盯着同一朵玫瑰看。

这是巧合,我告诉自己。一定是我恰好撞见他站在我先前看见他的地方。许多游客会在花园里连逛几个小时,停下来细看其中三四处最吸引他们的石雕。

可是,在我吃完午饭回来的时候,那精灵仍然在那儿。于是我决定确认一下他是否正常。我走到他身边,而他居然没注意到我的存在!

我清了清嗓子。“下午好。”我说,等着他回答。可是他没回话,我就继续说下去,“这花园里有许许多多漂亮的玫瑰,能允许我问一问,为什么您对这一朵这么感兴趣吗?”

他终于转过身来看着我,我看见他的眼里有一滴泪水夺眶而出。

“没什么。只不过这是吸引我注意的第一朵。”他的声音干涩而遥远,“它是……它们全都是如此的……完美。”

“是的,的确如此。而且都很美丽。”

“而且非常的,非常的悲伤。”他补充道。

“什么?”

“那些玫瑰。它们非常悲伤。你看不出来吗?”

我真的一点也听不懂他在说什么,不过我觉得最好再听他说一会儿。我搞不清他是游览这座花园的精灵中最睿智的一位,还是疯得最彻底的。

“看不出来,”我说,“为什么那些玫瑰要悲伤?”

“因为它们无法成为自己所期望的样子。”

我告诉他我还是没听懂,并请他喝口水。我很肯定这家伙在发热昏。

“这朵玫瑰,”他很有耐心地说——就像在解释什么特别重要的事情一样,“它期盼开放。每一朵玫瑰都期盼着:从充满希望的小小苞蕾,成长为愉悦视觉与嗅觉的精美花朵,然后最终逝去,因为美在这世界上只是短暂的。”

“可是,这些玫瑰永远都是美丽的。”我说。

他看着我,就好像我在说地精语似的。

“这些玫瑰并不想美丽——美是它们的固有特性,它们没法改变。无论它们做什么,它们永远都是美丽的。它们期望的是成长。而这却是这些玫瑰或许永远也做不到的一件事。它们背负着自己的使命。”

“使命?”我确信他在发热昏。要是他足够幸运当场晕过去,我就能去叫桑德拉来治疗他了。

“是的,使命——和我一样。我的使命是回到奎灵纳斯提,去帮助我的同胞,将他们从压迫下解放。那是件美丽的事——一桩光荣而高尚的宿命。”

“但这并不是你想做的?”

“不!我全心全灵地想走另一条路。我的心,我的过去,还有我的爱都在呼唤我,叫我去南方的冻土,可是我的使命却召唤我向西走。”

他的疯狂越发明显了。

“就是说你从未听从过自己的心意?”我问,“使命永远是你的主人?”

“永远,”精灵重复道,“这是我所知的全部了。我真的很喜欢这座花园里的花。它们的石质外壳阻止它们绽放,阻止它们发挥自己的潜力。它们被束缚在开始与结束之间的某个中间状态里。我也同样被束缚了。如果我现在去履行我的使命,那么正如我此刻站在你面前一样千真万确地,我的余生将永远被使命所束缚。我将永远不会有自由地随心所向的一天。”

我不知道该说些什么。

“好吧,你现在还在这儿,你可以做个选择。你何不听从自己的心意?”

很长一段时间精灵呆呆地站在那儿一动不动。长到我简直以为他的脑子终于烧坏了。

“我不清楚自己是否有足够的力量这么做。至今为止我一生都履行着使命。现在我可以将它弃之不顾了吗?”他注视着我,双眼由于困惑而灼灼发光,“这朵玫瑰有可能冲破石质的外壳,真正绽放吗?”

我找不到话来回答他。说实话,我根本就没真听懂这问题问的是什么。所以,我们就这么大眼瞪小眼地呆了漫长的一瞬。然后,当我们再度望向那些石玫瑰时,我们看见了不寻常的一幕。

一阵微风拂过花园,就在我们注视的那丛石玫瑰之中,有个红色的东西摇曳着。那是朵玫瑰——一朵真正的活生生的玫瑰。后来,我经常在花园周围找到发芽的小玫瑰苗。我把它们小心翼翼地挖出来,栽到自己家的花园里。不知怎么的,它们似乎削弱了石雕的美丽。但在那之前,这么多年来我从未见过任何植物在这片特殊的石树篱内含苞——可是这一朵,它做到了。

精灵微笑起来。

“我找到了答案,”他说道,然后转向我,深深地鞠了一躬,“感谢你与我分享的时光和思绪。令我醍醐灌顶。”

说完,他转身离开了花园。

剧透 -   :

When I came into the garden that morning, the elf was already there, standing in front of that bush over 
there, staring hard at that rose—the one that is partly open and faces almost due west.
His clothing marked him as a vagabond, but his bearing made me look twice. Now, to us humans, all elves 
look more or less proud. The way you carry yourselves, tall and thin and straight, makes you seem as though 
you expect to be congratulated for just walking into the room. I don't mean this as an insult, just as a 
comparison to us humans. Because the elf I saw that morning had an air that made him seem ... well... 
haughty is the only word I can think of to capture it.
Being as how I leave people alone unless they look like they need help or a friendly ear, I went about my 
business and let the elf go about his. When I finished my weeding, though, I noticed the elf was still staring at 
the same rose.
Coincidence, I told myself. I just happened to catch him at the same place I saw him earlier. A lot of visitors 
wander the garden for hours, stopping and gazing at the same three or four sculptures that appeal to them 
most.
When I came back from my noon meal, though, the elf was still there. So I decided to make sure that he 
was all right. I walked up next to him, yet he didn't even know I was there!
I cleared my throat. "Good afternoon." I saidand waited for a response. When he didn't give one, I 
continued, "There are plenty of pretty roses here in the garden. Mind if I ask what makes that one so interesting 
to you?"
He finally turned to look at me, and I could see a single tear welled up in his eye.
"Nothing. It is just the first one that caught my eye." His voice was dry and distant. "It is ... they are all so ... 
perfect."
"Yes, they sure are. Beautiful, too."
"And terribly, terribly sad" he added.
"What?"
"The roses. They are very sad. Can you not see that?"
I really had no idea what he was talking about, but I thought it best to listen a while longer. I couldn't figure 
out if he was the wisest elf to ever visit the garden or just the plumb craziest.
"No," I told him. "Why are the roses sad?"
"Because they cannot be what they were meant to be."
I told him that I still didn't understand and offered him a sip of water. I was sure that he was heat-mad.
"The rose," he began, speaking very patiently—the way you do when you're explaining something very 
important, "wants to bloom. That is what all roses want: to grow from tiny buds full of promise to exquisite 
flowers that please the eye and the nose, and finally to move on, for beauty in this world is merely transitory."
"But these roses are always beautiful," I said.
He looked at me as if I was speaking in the goblin tongue.
"The roses don't want to be beautiful—that's just what they are, they can't help it. No matter what they do, 
they always will be beautiful. What they want is to grow. And that is the one thing these roses may never do. 
They have a duty."
"A duty?" He was heat-mad for sure. If I was lucky, he'd just pass out and I could get Sondra to heal him.
"Yes, a duty—like me. My duty is to return to Qualinost, to help my people, to lead them out from 
oppression. That is a beautiful thing—a proud and noble destiny."
"But it's not what you want?"
"No! With all my heart I want to follow another path. My heart, my past, and my love all call out for me to go 
to the frozen lands to the south, but my duty calls me westward."
His madness was beginning to make more sense.
"And don't you ever follow your heart?" I asked. "Is duty always your master?"
"Always," the elf replied. "It is all I've ever known. I am truly like the flowers in this garden. Their stone skin 
prevents them from blooming, from ever reaching their potential. They are trapped in a state halfway between 
their beginning and their end. I too am trapped. For if I go to perform my duty now, then as surely as I stand 
before you, duty will keep me trapped the rest of my days. There will never be a day when I am free to follow 
my heart's desire."
I didn't know what to say.
"Well, you're here now, and you have a choice. Why don't you follow your heart?"
The elf stood completely still for a very long time. So long that I thought the heat finally had cooked his 
brain.
"I don't know if I have the strength to. I've followed duty my whole life. Can I ignore it now?" He looked at me, 
his eyes aflame with confusion. "Can the rose ever break through its stone skin and truly bloom?"
I hadn't a clue how to answer him. Truth be told, I wasn't even really sure what the question meant. So we 
just stared at one another for a very long few moments. And when we looked back at the stone roses, we saw 
something remarkable.
A slight wind blew through the garden, and from amid the very stone rose bush we stared at, a red shape 
bobbed back and forth. It was a rose—a real living rose. Now, I'll often find small rosebushes sprouting around 
the garden. I take care to dig them up and bring them to my own garden at home. They somehow seem to 
detract from the beauty of the statues. But I hadn't seen any plant budding in this particular stone hedge all 
year—yet there one was.
The elf smiled.
"I have my answer," he said, then turned to me and bowed deeply. "Thank you for your time and thoughts. 
They have been most enlightening."
With that, he turned and left the garden.
« 上次编辑: 2013-07-25, 周四 13:01:20 由 茶白猫小修 »

骰神牧师的布道

离线 茶白猫小修

• 骰神牧师
  • Hero
  • 茶白有根白尾巴
    • 水晶镜子-纤云坊
« 回帖 #19 于: 2013-07-20, 周六 22:37:00 »

我不大确定那位精灵得到了什么样的答案,而我也真的不清楚他最后究竟是回了家乡奎灵纳斯提,还是往南去了冻原(尽管我搞不清他希望在那儿找到什么)。我知道的是,我把那朵小玫瑰留在了花园里——就在那儿,从石树篱上边伸出来。不知怎么,它看起来挺重要的。

噢,可是讲故事实在太教人口渴了——比园艺劳动还渴得慌。

劳驾递一下酒,等我喝完,就给你们讲我们治好镇长的梦游病的故事——月圆之夜他总在花园里到处梦游!

剧透 -   :

I'm not sure whatanswer the elf received, and I surely don't know whether he headed home to Qualinesti or 
south to the frozen plains (though what he expected to find there, I haven't a clue). But I do know that I let that 
little rose stay in the garden—there it is, poking out from the top of the stone hedge. It seems important 
somehow.
Oh, but storytelling is a thirsty job—even more thirsty than gardening.
Pass me the wine, and when I'm done, I'll tell you the tale of how we cured the mayor of sleepwalking 
through the garden on the nights of the full moon!

骰神牧师的布道