• 骰神牧师
  • Hero
  • 帖子数: 932
  • 苹果币: 0
  • 茶白有根白尾巴
    • 水晶镜子-纤云坊
Re: 【谜之私译坑】少年Gi的奇幻漂流
« 回帖 #40 于: 2013-08-02, 周五 16:17:10 »
经过进一步的搜索,他在另一扇门后发现了一条黑暗的楼梯,精灵慢慢走下台阶。他的眼睛能适应最微弱的光线,但尽管如此,在这儿还是很难分辨出多少细节。他蹑手蹑脚地往下再往下,有时停下脚步打开一扇偶然出现的门,小心地探索门后的房间。他发现了许多侏儒的尸体,还有许多奇怪的机械碎片,但没有迹象表明这儿还有哪怕一个活着的人。

每一次他都折回楼道,继续朝下走。

当他估计自己快走到塔底的时候,忽然传来一阵微弱的哭喊,声音似乎在空心的金属中回响。“喂?”他喊道,“有人在吗?”

“救救我!”那声音急切地重复了一遍,“可是,您得小心点!”

“我这就来!”

他以最快的速度移动,再度呼唤对方,听出回应的是一名男性的声音,尽管那声音相当微弱,但显然由于希望而振作了起来。

最终,他站在了一扇银色的大门前,门框的右侧竖排着一溜按钮。声音似乎是从门内传来的。

“你是谁?你受伤了吗?”吉尔赛那斯问。

“我叫莱萨格斯……我没受伤,至少现在已经好了。我在这儿关了好几年——就连上回听见活人的声音都是几年前的事了!求求您,救我出去!”

“我试试吧,”吉尔赛那斯承诺着,尽管他狐疑地盯着那一排按钮,“你知道我该按哪个按钮吗?”

“哪个都别按!”那个声音回应道,他恐惧的尖叫吓得吉尔赛那斯从银门旁跳了开去,“我是说,您能试着,就推一下门吗?”

他照办了,令人惊讶的是,那扇门在一推之下轻易地敞开了,露出一个有金属墙壁的宽敞房间,室内的照明也是楼上见过的那种白色光线。随着一阵欢喜的啜泣,那位名叫莱萨格斯的囚徒跌跌撞撞地奔过来,匆忙地把自己的身体挡在银门与门框之间。

“这门没锁啊?”吉尔赛那斯诧异地问,与此同时,他发现对方是一名满头金发,耳朵修长尖细的精灵同胞。

“没有,可是它和墙壁结合得太光滑了,从室内没法撬开它。”

“你在这儿关了好几年?你是怎么活下来的?”

莱萨格斯默默地指了指远处墙壁上的一溜喷嘴。在两名精灵的注视下,其中一个喷嘴喷出一道细细的水流,水溅落在地面上,通过喷嘴下方的一只箅子流走。接着,旁边的喷嘴里掉下几坨绿色的粘液,它们也缓缓滴进了箅子。

“自动供应的食物与饮水,”莱斯生硬地答道,“简直惨无人道,不是吗?”

“看上去更像个意外,”吉尔赛那斯说。“你是怎么来到这儿的?”他一边问,一边领着莱萨格斯向高塔外走去。

“当时我正和两位朋友一起冒险……寻找一台能帮我们保卫奎灵诺斯特(Qualinost)的机器。我们以为这里面会有些好东西,所以就乘着几只长年效忠我家族的狮鹫飞来这里。我的一位朋友死在塔顶,被某种矛机刺了个对穿。而另一位则是被困在了一些齿轮之间——我眼睁睁看着他在我面前被绞得粉碎。”

“那你呢……?”

“我只是想找个地方休息一下。我走进这个房间,门在我身后关上了,然后我这么多年来就一直被关在这里,直到您来。我欠您一份情——是您保住了我的理性和生命。”

“我很高兴能帮到你,”吉尔赛那斯说,“不过请告诉我发生了什么事,为什么奎灵纳斯提会需要保卫?”

“黑暗骑士与太阳咏者之间仍然存在分歧这是肯定的,但是新的威胁正在形成。那些巨龙早晚要霸占我们的森林。”

吉尔赛那斯脑海里涌出一个又一个的问题,但他没有机会问出来。

“那您的故事呢,朋友?”莱斯问,“当然了,先得说说您是怎么活着走到这儿的?”

他正要回答,这时两名精灵都惊觉到有两个声音正在靠近,而且明显还在争吵。

“我说过,得在门上装把锁……我说过有了锁它的效果会更好,可是你不听!你老觉得自己什么都对!”

说这话的是位男性,可是他高八度的调门就像快被气疯了似的。

“它的确很有效啊!”对方坚持道,她的声音更为高亢,显然是名女性。“可是,谁说过会有人从外边打开这扇门啊!这一点都不公平!”

片刻之后,两名侏儒步入了眼帘,他们正顺着吉尔赛那斯刚刚下来的那道楼梯往上走。他们又矮又胖,差不多齐精灵的腰高。两人都穿着蓝色的长袍,一头长长的灰发。男人的胡须也是同样的颜色,一路拖到地上。

“我说啊,”大胡子无视吉尔赛那斯的存在,斜睨着莱萨格斯说,“你介不介意回到那座永久监狱(Perpetual Prison)里去?我们的实验还远没做完呢。”

“我介意,我太介意了!”精灵怒气冲冲地说,十指修长的双手攥成了拳。

“你没必要发这么大的火!”女侏儒尖锐地反驳道,“说到底,我们可是招待了你五年半啊。我们难道不是每天都把你喂得饱饱的?”

莱斯的脸变得煞白。“五年半?”他嘶声说着,无力地倚在了墙上。

可是两名侏儒根本没在听。“技术上说,喂他的是那台机器,不是我们,”男人提醒他的搭档,“说到底,要是囚徒还得要人照顾,那“永久监狱”还有什么意义啊!要是当初你肯让我在门上装个锁,他现在还在里面关着呢!

“别管这事了!它一直都很有效,以后也会照样很有效——除非我的名字不叫德鲁茜兰达胡迫道特拉斯提克列力克——”

“够了!”吉尔赛那斯抢白道,他想起了另一件关于侏儒的事:只要一个侏儒开始背诵他——或她——的名字,就必须立即加以打断。否则,一个名字能连续念上好几天。“关键是,你们没有权利拘禁这名精灵‘囚徒’!”

“为什么,你怎么会有这种想法!”德鲁茜(Drussi)嗤之以鼻,“你对科学没有一丝尊重吗!你对知识,对发明,对探索没有一丝尊重吗!你们两个都是无知的野蛮人!”

“我来告诉你什么叫野蛮,”莱萨格斯咆哮着冲上前去,显然打算扭断一名侏儒的脖子。他嘴里不断念叨着:“把我在一个小单间里关了这么多年……喂我吃臭烘烘的粘液……任你的侏儒同胞躺在我们周围的地板上腐烂……”

吉尔赛那斯把一只手搁在较年轻的精灵肩上安抚他。“或许我们可以谈谈,”他对侏儒们说,“你们还有其他人在这儿吗?”

“曾经有很多,”男人说,“不过,发生了几起事故。”

“以后还会有更多的事故,你个老傻瓜!”德鲁茜嗤笑道,“说得好像你能做对什么事似的,石普德拉帕库松兰德森法勒里安力克提尔兰匈——”

“我们简单管你叫‘石普德(Spudder)’怎么样?”吉尔赛那斯打断道,“那么,我是不是可以认为,你们是目前这里剩下的唯一两名侏儒?”

“目前。”石普德承认。

“我来这里是要找个人,”精灵接着说,“我在找一条银龙,听说她打算来这座塔里帮助侏儒们,我想她已经来过了,你们见过她吗?”

“西悠瓦拉?”德鲁茜问,“当然见过!”

“这是多久前的事?”吉尔赛那斯的心跳加快了,他屏住呼吸静待着她的答案。

“不是很久……几年前吧,最多。”

“但是她来过这儿!她去哪儿了?你们有和她聊过吗?”

“我们只告诉她我们不需要任何帮助。她有点生气了,然后就走了。”

“她去哪儿了?”吉尔赛那斯喊道,他感觉希望在一点一滴地流失。

“她没告诉我们——倒不如说,我们没问,”德鲁茜说,“我们眼下还有工作要做,先失陪……”

“还没完呢!”莱萨格斯宣称,“首先,你们得帮我们找条出去的路!”

吉尔赛那斯挫败得像个泄了气的皮球,几乎听不清他们在争辩些什么,最后另一位精灵总算说服了两名侏儒送他们出塔。德鲁茜和石普德领着他们走下台阶,来到一处显然位于塔基以下的,洞穴般的房间。

“我的狮鹫呢?”莱斯问,“你见过它们吗?”

“它们还在外边盘旋,或许在等你,”德鲁茜嗤笑道。“那我们要怎么出去?”他问。

石普德指着一台巨大的机器——一套带轮子的机械,前面装着一个疙里疙瘩的钻头:“这是我们的挖掘机,它能带你们穿过墙壁。”

“你们都是这么挖出去的?”吉尔赛那斯不可置信地问道。

“我们?不!想出去的人明明是你们!”

“你们有绳子吗?”他追问道,“我觉得,我宁可冒险自己爬出这座塔或者走门。”

“如果你坚持这么做的话,”石普德嘟哝道,压低声线骂了声“胆小鬼”。精灵们忽略了这句嘲讽,说服侏儒和他们一同爬上塔顶。尽管两名侏儒都坚持表示升降机运转正常,至少往上很正常,但精灵们还是宁愿相信自己的双腿。

最后,他们总算站在了活板门下边,两名精灵身上各缠着一大卷沉重的绳子。吉尔赛那斯记起这扇门是整座高塔中难得没有搭载任何机械的一处,他伸出手去推门。

“等等!”德鲁茜倒抽一口气,为时晚矣。

一把利刃从天花板中穿出,直插下来,饶是吉尔赛那斯缩手快,还是被划了道口子。

他咒骂着用另一只手拍拍伤口:“再慢一秒我的手就没了。”

“我们设了个陷阱来保护这道门!”德鲁茜强调。

“大部分陷阱是阻止别人进入某个地方的,”精灵吼道。他看着那道刀伤,伤口看上去并不是非常深,“还好,它到底没造成什么真正的伤害。”

“目前还没有,”石普德摇着头说,“不过,等到毒药起效……”

剧透 -   :
Further search revealed a dark stairwell behnd another door, and the elf slowly began to descend. His 
eyes were attuned to minimal light, but even so, he found it hard to make out any details in here. Lower and 
lower he crept, pausing to open an occasional door and carefully explore chambers beyond. He found the 
remains of many gnomes, as well as odd bits of machinery, but nothing that indicated anyone was alive. 
Always he went back to the stairs, still making his way downward.
He estimated that he was nearing the bottom of the tower when he heard a faint cry, the sound echoing 
through the hollow metal. "Hello?" he called. "Is someone there?"
"Help!" The cry was repeated, urgently. "But be careful."
"I'm coming!"
He moved as quickly as he could, calling out again, hearing the responses in a male voice that, though 
weak, was clearly invigorated by hope.
Finally, he stood before a silver door, with a series of buttons down the right side of the frame. The voice 
seemed to be coming from within.
"Who's in there? Are you hurt?" Gilthanas asked.
"My name is Lethagas ... and I'm not hurt, at least not any more. I've been in here for years—it's been that 
long since I've heard a living voice! Please, get me out!"
"I'll try," Gilthanas promised, though he looked askance at the array of buttons. "Do you know which button 
I should push?"
"Don't push any of them!" The voice came back, so shrill with panic that Gilthanas jumped back from the 
silver door. "That is, can you try just pushing on the door?"
He did, and surprisingly enough the portal swung easily open to reveal a spacious room of metal walls 
illuminated by the same white brightness he had noticed above. With a sob of joy, the prisoner called Lethagas 
stumbled forward, hastily interposing his body between the silver door and its frame.
"It wasn't locked?" Gilthanas said in amazement, at the same time seeing the golden hair and slender, 
pointed ears of a fellow elf.
"No, but it fit so smoothly into the wall that there was no way to pry it open from the inside."
"You've been in there for years? How did you survive?"
Mutely, Lethagas pointed at a series of nozzles along the far wall. As the two elves watched, one of these 
spewed a narrow stream of water, which splashed on the floor and then flowed through a grate just below. The 
next nozzle then dropped a few plops of green goo, which also dribbled through the grate.
"Automatic food and water," Leth replied, tautly. "Fiendish, isn't it?"
"More likely accidental," Gilthanas said. "How did you come to be here?" he asked, guiding Lethagas out of 
the tower.
"I was on an adventure with two friends ... we were looking for a machine that would help us defend 
Qualinost. We thought there would be good profit in it, so we flew here on griffins that have always been loyal 
to my family. One of my friends died atop the tower, pierced by some kind of spear-machine. The other one got 
tangled in some gears—I saw him mangled before my eyes."
"And you... ?"
"I was just looking for a place to rest. I stepped into this room, the door closed behind me, and then I spent 
several years here until you came along. I owe you my thanks—not to mention my sanit, and my life."
"Glad I could help," Gilthanas said. "But what is it about Qualinesti that it needs defenses?"
"The Dark Knights and the Speaker of the Sun are still at odds, to be sure, but new threats are taking shape. 
Sooner or later one of the Great Dragons is certain to lay claim to our forests."
Many more questions came to Gilthanas, but he didn't get the chance to ask them.
"But what's your story, friend?" Leth asked. "Not to mention, how did you survive this far?"
He was about to answer when both elves became aware of two voices, clearly bickering, and coming 
closer.
"Put a lock on the door, I said ... I said it would work better with a lock, but no! You had to be right, again!" 
The speaker was a male, but his tone was high-pitched and almost frantic with irritation.
"It would have worked!" insisted the other, in an even higher, apparently female, voice. "But wh said they 
could open it from the outside! That's not even fair!"
A moment later, two gnomes strolled into view, coming up the stairs that Gilthanas had been descending. 
They were short and plump, barely waist high to the elves. Each was dressed in a gown of blue and had long 
gray hair. The male also displayed a beard of the same color that descended all the way to the floor.
"I say," remarked the bearded one, ignoring Gilthanas to squint up at Lethagas. "Would you mind stepping 
back into the Perpetual Prison? Our experiment is far from over."
"I would mind, very much!" snapped the elf, his long-fingered hands curling into fists.
"There's no need to be huffy!" retorted the female gnome sharply. "After all, you've been our guest for five 
and a half years now. Haven't we fed you every day?"
Leth blanched. "Five and a half years?" he croaked, sagging against the wall.
But the gnomes weren't listening. "Technically, the machine fed him, not us," the male was reminding his 
partner. "After all, what's the point of a Perpetual Prison if one has to tend the prisoner? Who would still be a 
prisoner if you would have just let me put a lock on the door!"
"Never mind that! It still worked and will work again—or my name is not 
Drussilandahooperdaughterasticrellicre—"
"Enough!" snapped Gilthanas, remembering another thing about gnomes: When one started to say his—or 
her— name, the recitation had to be stopped immediately. Otherwise, it could take several days. "The point is, 
you have no right to hold this elf prisoner!"
"Why, the very idea!" sniffed Drussi. "Have you no respect for science? For knowledge, or invention, or 
discovery? You're both ignorant savages!"
"I'll show you savagery," growled Lethagas, stepping forward, clearly ready to wring a gnome's neck. He 
continued to mutter, "Imprisoning me in a cell for years ... feeding me with foul slime ... leaving your fellow 
gnomes to rot on the floor around us...."
Gilthanas placed a calming hand on the younger elf's shoulder. "Perhaps we can talk a bit," he said to the 
gnomes. "Are there more of your people here?"
"There were lots," chirped the male. "There've been a few accidents, though."
"And there'll be more, you old fool!" snorted Drussi. "As if you could do anything right, 
Spudderapakoosongrandsonfatherianricktillation-"
"How about we just call you 'Spudder?'" Gilthanas interjected. "Now, do I take it you are the only two 
gnomes left here?"
"For now," admitted Spudder.
"I came here on a quest," the elf continued. "I'm seeking a dragon of silver, and I learned that she was 
coming to help gnomes in a tower. I think she came here. Did you see her?"
"Silvara?" asked Drussi. "Of course we did!"
"How long ago?" Gilthanas's heart quickened, and he scarcely breathed as he waited for her answer.
"Not long ... a few years, at the most."
"But she was here! Where did she go? Did you talk to her?"
"Only to tell her we didn't need any help. She got kind of huffy, and then she left."
"To where?" cried Gilthanas, feeling his hopes slipping away.
"She wouldn't tell us—or rather, we didn't ask," said Drussi. "Now, if you'll forgive us, we've got work to 
do ..."
"Not so fast!" Lethagas declared. "First, you'll see that we can get out of here!"
Gilthanas was sagging with defeat, barely listening to the debate as the other elf finally persuaded the two 
gnomes to see them out of the tower. Drussi and Spudder led them down the stairs until they reached a 
cavernous room that was apparently underneath the base of the tower.
"My griffins?" Leth asked. "Have you seen them?"
"They're still out there, flying around. Probably waiting for you," Drussi sniffed. "How do we get out?" he 
asked.
Spudder pointed to a large machine: a wheeled mechanism with a studded drill mounted on the front. "This 
is our digger. It will take you through the wall."
"You have to dig your way out?" Gilthanas asked in disbelief.
"Us? No! You're the ones who want to leave!"
"Do you have any rope?" he pressed. "I think I'd rather take my chances climbing own from the tower or 
going out the door."
"If you insist," muttered Spudder, adding an epithet for 'coward' under his breath. The elves ignored the 
taunt and convinced the gnomes to climb with them to the top of the tower. Although both gnomes insisted the 
lift worked just fine, going up at least, the elves preferred to trust their feet.
Finally, they stood beneath the trapdoor, each elf wrapped in a heavy coil of rope. Remembering that this 
portal had been the one part of the tower unblemished by any sort of machine, Gilthanas reached upward to 
push the door open.
"Wait!" gasped Drussi, too late.
A blade slashed out of the ceiling, slicing down to gash Gilthanas's hand as he snapped it back.
He cursed and clapped a hand over the wound. "A second later and I'd have lost my hand."
"We have a trap to protect the door!" insisted Drussi.
"Most traps try to keep people from coming into a place," growled the elf. He looked at the cut, which did not 
seem very deep. "Still, there was no real harm done."
"Not yet," said Spudder, shaking his head. "But wait until the poison takes effect...."
« 上次编辑: 2013-08-05, 周一 12:22:44 由 茶白猫小修 »

吉尔赛那斯的冒险史诗 The Odyssey of Gilthanas [Appendix]

吟游诗人,历史,命运,文艺,音乐之神维纳sama,新的传说也请多多关照♪~

骰神牧师的布道
1.骰品守恒,神会为祂眷顾者关闭多余的门,让20与1出现在适当的地方。
2.骰子之神属于绝对中立阵营,宿命领域的愿赌服输是骰神教义的一部分。
3.骰子之神与规则之神关系良好,漠视规则和欺骗规则者必遭到骰神惩罚。
4.敬请谨记,若不重视自身加值,出20不算过的情形下,骰神也爱莫能助。

离线 茶白猫小修

• 骰神牧师
  • Hero
  • 茶白有根白尾巴
    • 水晶镜子-纤云坊
« 回帖 #41 于: 2013-08-03, 周六 23:11:01 »
时来运去:水晶谷(Valley of Crystal),26sc

摘自林霞·马哲理(Linsha Majere)私人笔记

26sc,收获之月9日

我是索兰尼亚骑士林霞·马哲理。我是那位在法师们都以为魔法业已遗失时将它再度带回这个世界的帕林·马哲理(Palin Majere)的女儿。我是在长枪战争中阻止黑暗之后(Dark Queen)统治克莱恩的英雄之一——卡拉蒙·马哲理(Caramon Majere)的孙女。我是一名玫瑰骑士,那支拥有两千多年传统的卫队中的一员。先辈们的声名曾让我惶恐了很长时间,在最黑暗的那些时刻,我认为自己永远配不上它们,尤其是,考虑到我得以入选骑士团的原因。

在圣克仙,我隶属于女骑士卡琳·赛莎莉(Lady Knight Karine Thasally)麾下的秘密组织。就像那儿的其他所有骑士那样,我生活在谎言中,但那是一个令我感到不舒服的谎言。我期盼着像父辈与祖辈之前所做的那样为家族姓氏增光添彩。单单是被接纳为第一位非索兰尼亚出身的女玫瑰骑士还不够。我渴望表现得对得起这个姓氏,有些时候,那种渴望太过迫切,令我感到痛苦。在那些日子里,我几乎什么都愿意做,什么机会都愿意试,只要它不违背骑士规章(Measure),也不危害到我们地下组织的安全。毕竟,要是我把所有的时间都花在扮演一位名叫琳恩(Lynn)的,骂骂咧咧、粗俗无礼的盖特威(Gateway)街头霸王上,那个证明自己配得上马哲理家族血统的机会或许永远不会到来。诚然,这种对个人荣誉感的过度专注是违反骑士规章的,但我很难控制自己不屈从于“那种工作太无足轻重”的诱惑。

这就是我开始写这本笔记的原因。它并不是那么的像一本自传,并不是那种有朝一日用来“还原故事真相”——就像我祖父在感叹他那群如今赫赫有名的朋友中没有一位保留了翔实的记录(而如今有数百位吟游诗人在讲述他们一生故事的各种不同版本)的时候经常说的那样——的笔记。不,我的确怀着期望它有朝一日进入钨斯·威斯坦城堡(Castle Uth Wistan)的图书馆的心情写下这本笔记。但那并不是作为我伟大事迹的记录——尽管我的确希望我能干出些值得记录的事迹,假如卡琳女士不会发现我已经如此严重地违反了骑士规章而把我从骑士队伍中除名的话——这本笔记的目的是记录下我犯的错误。我希望自己写下它们,并反省它们,我将从这些错误中汲取经验,而其他年轻骑士们或许也将从中学到一些东西。或许他们可以避免重蹈我的复辙。不过话说回来,也许他们不会。每个人都有过这样的经历:在事后回顾时才发现自己当初太过骄傲自矜,或只是故意忽略了始终摆在眼前的事实。有时我们犯这样的过错是由于爱,有时是由于野心,还有时则是经验不足而为之。

我应当感谢神,这么久以来我只犯过一次这样的错误。我应当双倍地感谢神,因为在那之后我还活着,得以从过往中学习,今后不再犯同样的错——无论是由于野心还是由于缺乏经验。是的,在一切可能的动机中,最可能迫使我自觉或不自觉地重蹈复辙的,就是爱。

我想到,这本笔记的目的本身,或许正是与骑士规章相抵触的。我假设有那么一天,一位年轻的,像曾经的我一样的新人会读到这些文字,会被警告过度自信是多么愚蠢——这想法是不是过于自大了?不,我并不这么想。毕竟,我是从著名的长枪英雄(Heroes of the Lance)之一,奎灵纳斯提的吉尔赛那斯那儿得到的这个主意。不管有多少人会相信,就在我着手写下这本笔记的这个早晨,他还活在人世。事实上,是他的话启发了我开始做这件事,也正是他的话让我意识到,哪怕在看上去最为黑暗的境况下,也总是存在希望。

剧透 -   :
Opportunities: Valley of Crystal, 26sc

From Linsha Majere's Personal Journal
9th day of Reapember, 26sc
I am Linsha Majere, Knight of Solamnia. I am the daughter of Palin Majere, the man who brought sorcery 
back to the world when mages thought it lost. I am the granddaughter of Caramon Majere, one of the heroes 
who prevented the Dark Queen from claiming dominion over Krynn during the War of the Lance. I am a Rose 
Knight, the guardian of two thousand years of tradition. These legacies intimidate me some days, and in my 
darkest moments I fear I will never live up to them, particularly in light of how I have been called to serve the 
Orders of the Knighthood.
I serve under Lady Knight Karine Thasally in a clandestine circle in the city of Sanction. Like all other 
Knights there, I live a lie, but it is a lie I am uncomfortable with. I want to bring honor to my family name as my 
parents and grandparents did before me. It is not enough to have become the first woman not of Solamnia to 
be admitted to the Order of the Rose. I want to show I am worthy of my family name, and some days I want it 
so bad, it hurts. On those days, I am willing to do almost anything and take any chances that don't violate the 
Measure or endanger the security of my hidden circle. After all, if I spend all my time in service playing the role 
of a foul-mouthed alley-basher of loose morals named Lynn of Gateway, the chance to live up to the legacy of 
the Majeres may never present itself. Of course, such a preoccupation with personal glory is in conflict with the 
Measure, but it's very difficult for me not to succumb to the feeling that serving just isn't enough.
And that's why I've started this journal. It isn't so biographers can someday "get the story right," as my 
grandfather so frequently says when lamenting that none of his now-famous friends kept consistent journals 
(and that now hundreds of bards are telling their life stories in as many different ways). No, I am keeping this 
journal in the hopes that it will find its way into the library of Castle Uth Wistan. But, rather than serving as a 
record of my great deeds—although I hope to have some of those to record as well, if Lady Karine doesn't find 
I have violated the Measure so grossly that she casts me out of the Knighthood—the purpose of this journal 
will be to record my mistakes. It is my hope that as I write of them and reflect upon them, I also will learn from 
them, and that other young Knights may learn as well. Maybe they will avoid making the same errors I have.
Then again, maybe not. Everyone's been in situations after which they look back and realize they were too 
cocky or just willfully ignorant of the facts staring them in the face all along. Sometimes we do it because of 
love, sometimes we do it because of ambition, and sometimes we do it out of inexperience.
I should feel blessed I made it this far and experienced only one such siuation. I should feel doubly blessed 
that I still live so that I can learn from the past and never make the mistake again, whether it was borne of 
ambition or inexperience. Certainly, love was furthest from any possible motivation I might have had to do what 
I did, consciously or subconsciously.
It occurs to me that the very purpose of this journal may go against the Measure. Is it too prideful of me to 
assume that someday a young initiate as I once was might read these words and thus be warned about the 
folly of overconfidence? No, I don't think so. After all, I got the idea from Gilthanas of Qualinesti, one of the 
celebrated Heroes of the Lance. Despite what many believe, he was still alive as of the very morning I started 
this journal. In fact, his words inspired me to start it, and it was his words that made me realize that even when 
things seem the darkest, there is always hope.
« 上次编辑: 2013-08-14, 周三 23:00:18 由 茶白猫小修 »

骰神牧师的布道

离线 茶白猫小修

• 骰神牧师
  • Hero
  • 茶白有根白尾巴
    • 水晶镜子-纤云坊
« 回帖 #42 于: 2013-08-04, 周日 17:31:37 »
导致我此刻身在此地——坐在距圣克仙几天路程的一条溪流边,我的马儿“追风者”(Windcatcher)在一旁喝水,而我则静待着自己的伤口痊愈——的那一连串事件,始于三个多星期前,那时我正在圣克仙城一家名叫“断角”(Broken Horn)的小酒馆里。不过,不像圣克仙的其他许多酒馆,断角酒馆的气氛通常是亲切的,在某种意义上说简直与我祖父母在阿班西尼亚(Abanasinian)的树镇索拉斯(tree town of Solace)开的那家旅店没什么两样。而那天夜里更是尤为亲切。我和其他几个常客一道玩着骰子,互相骂着善意的粗话——我骂得最脏,因为在所有人眼中琳恩就该这样——我想,大概就是这种寻常而热忱的氛围使我的判断发生了失误吧。

罗纳尔(Lonar)走进酒馆的时候,我刚从桌面上扫下十二个银币。打从头一次见到他起,我就觉得罗纳尔身上有些什么不平凡的地方。他比住在圣克仙的普通人渣们要英俊些,并且我不止一次地看见他表现出荣誉感。有一次,他干预了一名牛头人(minotaur)和一个几乎还没有长大到足以举起自己的剑的男孩之间的争斗——然后把那孩子带回他来的村子。圣克仙可不是孩子们冒险探索的地方。其他很多人或许会救下那男孩,再把他卖到奴隶市场。

我乐于与罗纳尔聊许多事,从哪个国家生产的刀剑最好,聊到巨龙们的到来与诸神的最终离去间是否有关联,甚至聊些更为深奥的哲学话题……尽管在后一类谈话中,我总是很谨慎。大家并不知道琳恩是位学者,要是我开始从“索兰尼亚骑士与金月的秘术师共同坚持的理想”的角度讨论问题,恐怕会引起猜疑。因此,我代之以一连串模仿拙劣的库尔式争辩,谈论着宿命和注定要将邪恶驱逐出这片土地的天之骄子。每当罗纳尔指出我想法的不足,我总是破口大骂,而不是说服他或承认自己的理论还不够健全。我对自己必须装作对哲学如此无知,装作对智者的谈话之道缺乏哪怕最基本的了解感到非常不适,但我不得不顾虑自己的伪装。

不过,我仍然希望罗纳尔至少喜欢我,因此我试着显得不那么富有攻击性。他似乎是个体面人,阅读面很广,富有学识。我也觉得他笑得很好看。我能在他身上找到的唯一缺点就是——他是霍甘·拜特(Hogan Bight)手下的顶尖人物……我之所以认为这是个缺点,是由于我心中的某一部分期望他是个更棒的人。他服务于那位阴森、神秘的圣克仙领主这件事也表明,无论我们建立了什么样的友谊,它都将永远建立在虚假的基础上。尽管我真的很喜欢罗纳尔,但我怎可能向他透露,我成为他朋友的原因是——我在圣克仙的任务是查明他主子的目标和动机?我不止一次地担忧着,为了达成自己的目的去欺骗他——一个我认为相当正直的人——是否违背骑士规章。我使用金月教给我的神秘能力侦测他灵魂的性质,发现他与我的骑士同伴们相比只不过是略微被邪恶沾染,这进一步增强了我的担忧。然而,每一次我想到这些,最终都会得出一个结论:只要我采取措施保护罗纳尔免受肉体伤害(一旦组织着手根据我从他那里得来的信息对付拜特的话),对他的欺骗就不算是不名誉的。

至少,并不比我赖以在圣克仙生存的那个谎言更加不名誉。

剧透 -   :
The events that led me to where I am now—sitting by a stream several days' ride north of Sanction while my 
horse Windcatcher waters herself and I wait for my wounds to heal—started a little over three weeks ago at the 
Broken Horn, a tavern in the city of Sanction. Unlike many other Sanction taverns, though, the mood at the 
Broken Horn was generally a friendly one, in some ways not unlike the inn my grandparents run in the 
Abanasinian tree town of Solace. That night, things were particularly friendly. I was playing dice with several 
other regulars, and we were exchanging good-natured barbs—mine being the most crude, because that's 
what everyone expects of Lynn—and I think the general cordial atmosphere probably contributed to my lapse 
in judgment.
I had just cleared twelve silver off the table when Lonar entered the pub. Ever since I first met him, I'd felt 
there was something different about Lonar. He was more handsome than the average scum dwelling in 
Sanction, and I'd seen him conduct himself with honor on more than one occasion. Once, he stepped into a 
fight involving a minotaur and a boy barely big enough to lift his own sword—and then took the child back to the 
village he'd come from. Sanction was not the place for kids in search of adventure. Many others would have 
saved the boy and then sold him into slavery.
I'd enjoyed several conversations with Lonar about topics ranging from which nation produces the best 
blades to whether there is any link between the arrival of the Great Dragons and the final departure of the gods, 
and even more esoteric philosophical topics ... although in the latter type of conversations, I always guarded 
myself. Lynn isn't exactly known as a scholar, and if I was to start discussing things from the point of view of the 
ideals held either by the Knights of Solamnia or by Goldmoon's mystics, I feared I would raise suspicions. So, 
I instead just used a series of bastardized Khurrish arguments about Fate and a chosen champion that would 
drive Evil from the land. Whenever Lonar would push me on my ideas, I'd resort to insults rather than reason or 
admitting my theories were unsound. I felt awful having to pass myself off as so unknowledgeable in 
philosophy and so ignorant of even the basest standards of intellectual discourse, but I had appearances to 
think about.
Still, I wanted Lonar to like me at least, so I tried not to be too offensive. He seemed like a decent man, and 
he was well read and knowledgeable. I also thought he had a nice smile. The only fault I could see in him was 
that he was one of Hogan Bight's top men . . . and I found this a fault only because part of me wanted him to be 
better than that. His service to the shady, mysterious lord of Sanction also guaranteed that whatever friendship 
we might forge would be forever based on false pretext. How could I ever reveal that, although I genuinely 
liked Lonar, I befriended him because my mission in Sanction was to discern the goals and motivations of his 
master? I had on more than one occasion worried about whether deceiving someone I thought to be an 
upstanding person fo my own ends was against the Measure. When I used the mystic abilities I was taught by 
Goldmoon to examine the nature of his soul and found that he was only slightly more tainted with Evil than my 
fellow Knights, those concerns grew even greater. Each time I considered them, though, I concluded that as 
long as I took steps to protect Lonar from physical harm (should the circle move against Bight on information 
I'd obtained from him), there was no dishonor in deceiving him.
At least no more dishonor than the lie I live in Sanction.
« 上次编辑: 2013-08-05, 周一 00:43:08 由 茶白猫小修 »

骰神牧师的布道

离线 茶白猫小修

• 骰神牧师
  • Hero
  • 茶白有根白尾巴
    • 水晶镜子-纤云坊
« 回帖 #43 于: 2013-08-04, 周日 19:29:09 »
那天夜晚,罗纳尔来断角酒馆的目的只有一个。他停在玄关,打量着人山人海的大厅。他的眼光停留在我身上。推推搡搡地穿过拥挤的人群,他走向我:“我们能谈谈吗,琳恩?去外面。”

“好啊,”我答道。我离开桌子,另外两个玩家对我怒目而视。我给了他们一个甜甜的微笑,“抱歉了男孩们,改天再让你们把钱赢回来。”

当罗纳尔和我走在街道上的时候,他开了口:“我听说,你在打听些比你现在做的斗殴和赌博更值得尊重点的工作。”

我耸耸肩:“或许。只要给钱多。”

“给得不少。金主是霍甘大人。”

我的心跳漏了一拍,精神高昂起来。我对罗纳尔示好并在他在场时表现得十分能干的努力得到了回报!不过,我仍然维持着外表的平静:“霍甘大人?他期望从我这儿得到什么?”

“他什么也不期望,不过我在代他组织的探险中可以多雇一名剑客。我们要穿过食人魔(ogre)的领土。有问题吗?”

“我能跑得赢食人魔。”我说。

他咧嘴一笑:“我现在就付给你五十枚钢币。总额取决于我们的探险收获。我来提供食物和饲料,不过你得自己带上马。还有兴趣吗?”

“当然,追风者需要些真正的锻炼。”我答道,“顺便,五十枚钢币比我这个月到目前为止赚到的钱加起来还要多。这趟探险为的是什么?”

“在我们上路之后再告诉你。”他犹豫了一下,上下打量着我,这眼光并非好色,而更像是在评头论足,“你可能会是我们队唯一的女性。”

“你知道我会做什么,要是有人毛手毛脚的话。”我一边回答,一边拍拍腰间的匕首,“不过如果他们能管住自己,那么我也能。”

罗纳尔对我露出一个灿烂的微笑,这让他显得更英俊了。他递给我一口袋钱币:“我们黎明时分出发,在东边的路口集合。”

罗纳尔离开之后,我去告诉卡琳女士我交了好运。她是组织的领导者,因此我必须通知她我即将离开的事情,不过我也想从她那儿得到一些建议,因为她远比我要有经验得多。可是她不在,她的侍从也不清楚在哪儿能找到她。如今想起来我真是太欠考虑了,我以为自己哪怕没有卡琳女士的建议也能独立处理这个状况,并且我确信她不会阻止我做这趟旅行。我想不出有什么理由会让罗纳尔认为我不是我所表现出的那个样子,并且,哪怕这里面有某种骗局,我在圣克仙也还没有遇到过剑技能与我匹敌的对手。我觉得只要我不放下戒备,就会平安无事。因此,我让侍从带了个口信,回到我的宿舍做好准备,然后睡了几个小时。

第二天早晨,追风者和我到得最早。很快,罗纳尔和四个男人一起到来,我们的总数变成了六人。他还带了两匹驮骡。我只认识其中的一个男人,那是个名叫克雷什(Kresh)的色鬼。幸运的是,只要有我在,克雷什向来光说不练。他曾经看过试图对我用强的男人们的下场。

“如果你们愿意的话,可以做个自我介绍,”罗纳尔说,“就我认为的嘛,你们需要彼此了解的就是:你们全都是能把握自己战斗的强者。”

那四个陌生人没有相互寒暄的打算。克雷什上下打量着我,就好像他能看透我的盔甲和斗篷似的。“琳恩和我早就认识,”他说,“不过谁知道呢?说不定我们在这趟旅行中有机会走得更近呐。”

“小心点,克雷什,”我答道,“要是胆敢走近我一把长剑内的距离,你可能会刺穿你自己。”

其中一个陌生人,一个面色黧黑,似乎有库尔族血统的男人,觉得这句话比我所能想象的还要好笑。一阵哈哈狂笑之后,他用带着浓重口音的索兰尼亚语说:“我喜欢有精神的女人。”

在绕过黑暗骑士的巡逻后,我们沿着圣克仙以东的道路骑行了整整一天,途中只停下来两次歇歇马。第一天夜里扎营的时候,罗纳尔终于揭示了我们的目的地:“你们中或许有些人听说过水晶谷。我们正是要去那儿。我们要把行囊里的食物吃光,然后装满水晶运回霍甘大人那里。有疑问吗?”

“有,”我问,“佣金怎么算?”

“你们几个平分我们带回的水晶总价值的十分之一,负责估价的是霍甘大人。”

我耸耸肩:“听上去不错。”

男人们也都这么想。

剧透 -   :
That night, Lonar had come to the Broken Horn for only one purpose. He paused just inside the doorway, 
scanning the packed common room. His eyes came to rest on me. He pushed his way through the crowd. "Can 
we talk, Lynn? Outside?"
"Sure," I replied. The other players scowled at me as I left the table. I gave them a sweet smile. "Sorry boys. 
I'll let you win your money back some other night."
As Lonar and I walked up the street, he said, "I hear you've been asking around for work that's a bit more 
respectable than the alley-bashing and gambling you've been doing."
I shrugged. "Maybe. So long as the pay's good."
"The pay's good. The pay comes from Lord Hogan."
My heart skipped a beat and my spirit soared. My effort to be friendly toward Lonar and to seem capable 
whenever he was around was paying off! I kept a calm facade, though. "Lord Hogan? What would Lord Hogan 
want with me?"
"Nothing, but I could use an extra sword on an expedition on his behalf. It'll take us through ogre territory. 
Would that be a problem?"
"I can outrun ogres," I said.
He grinned. "I'll pay you fifty steel coins right now. The balance depends on the outcome of our expedition. 
I'll provide food and fodder, but you need to provide your own horse. Still interested?"
"Definitely. Windcatcher needs some real exercise," I replied. "Plus, fifty steel is more money than I've 
gotten this month so far. What's the nature of the expedition?"
"I'll tell you once we're underway." He hesitated, looking me up and down, not lasciviously, but rather in an 
appraising fashion. "You're probably going to be the only woman in our group."
"You know what I do if someone gets grabby" I replied, patting the dagger on my belt. "But if they keep to 
themselves, I'll do the same."
Lonar flashed me a brilliant smile, one that made him appear even more handsome. He handed me a 
pouch of coins. "We leave at dawn. Wait at the mouth of the eastern pass."
After Lonar departed, I went to notify Lady Karine of my good fortune. She was the leader of the circle, so it 
was only right that I inform her of my imminent departure, but I was also hoping for some advice, for she is far 
more experienced than I am. She was not in, however, and her squire did not know where to reach her. After 
what I now know was too little consideration, I thought I could handle the situation without any advice from 
Lady Karine, and I felt confident that she wouldn't have forbade me to undertake this journey. I could think of 
no reason for Lonar to believe I was anything but what I appeared to be, and even if some sort of setup was in 
the making here, I had yet to encounter anyone in Sanction who was my equal with a sword. I felt that as long 
as I kept my guard up, I would be fine. So, I left a message with the squire and went back to my quarters to 
prepare and get a few hours sleep.
The following morning, Windcatcher and I were the first to arrive. Shortly, Lonar arrived with four other men, 
bringing our number to six. He also had two pack mules in tow. I only recognized one of the men, a lecher by 
the name of Kresh. Fortunately, as far as I went, Kresh always had been all talk and no action. He had seen 
what happened to men who tried to force themselves on me.
"Introduce yourselves if you wish," Lonar said. "As far as I'm concerned, all you need to know about each 
other is that you're all capable fighters who can hold your own in battle."
The four strangers made no attempts at pleasantries. Kresh looked me up anddown, as if he could see 
straight through my armor and cloak. "Lynn and I already know each other," he said. "But who knows? Maybe 
we'll have a chance to get closer on the road."
"Careful, Kresh," I replied. "If you get closer than a sword's length, you might impale yourself."
One of the strangers, a man of swarthy complexion that revealed a Khurrish heritage, found this more 
amusing than I would have thought possible. After he finished guffawing, he said in heavily accented Solamnic, 
"I like a woman with spirit."
After avoiding Dark Knight patrols, we rode all day through the eastern pass from Sanction, stopping only 
twice to allow our steeds to rest. As we camped that first night, Lonar finally revealed our destination. "Some of 
you may have heard of the Valley of Crystal. That's where we're headed. We're going to fill the packs we empty 
of food with crystals and deliver them to Lord Hogan. Any questions?"
"Yeah," I said, "How is our balance going to be calculated?"
"You'll all get an equal share of ten percent of the value of the crystals we bring back, as appraised by Lord 
Hogan."
I shrugged. "Sounds fine."
The men thought so, too.
« 上次编辑: 2013-08-05, 周一 13:57:41 由 茶白猫小修 »

骰神牧师的布道

离线 茶白猫小修

• 骰神牧师
  • Hero
  • 茶白有根白尾巴
    • 水晶镜子-纤云坊
« 回帖 #44 于: 2013-08-04, 周日 21:20:35 »
接下来的几天风平浪静,除了克雷什的淫荡评论,他与我之间的口头争执以及库尔人的捧腹大笑之外。罗纳尔花了点时间询问我在圣克仙之外的旅程,对新海与啸海周边的区域尤为关注。当时,我并没有怀疑他除了闲聊外还有什么别的意图。毕竟,他最早来自卡尔苟斯(Caergoth),我想他是打算看看我们是不是凑巧去过同一个地方。而如今我才知道,他当时在转着一些远为险恶的念头。

当我们穿过一条离水晶谷还有两天路程的羊肠小道时,遭到了伏击。大石头后面走出三个库尔人。“要钱要命!”其中一位喊道。

“要钱要命?!”那个觉得我和克雷什很好笑的男人惊呼道,“山贼说这种蠢话是打算怎样?”

“是认真的。”喊话的人答道。他用库尔语喊了句什么,三支箭放倒了我们这位快活的伙伴。

罗纳尔大吼一声催马向前,长剑出鞘。挡路的三个人大吃一惊,显然原本预计自己的威胁会吓倒我们而不是激怒我们。不过,他们又齐射了一轮。一支箭射倒了另一名与我们同行的陌生人,另一支向我射来,我用膝盖一顶马腹策马跳开,箭只是撕破了我的斗篷,没有造成什么损伤。

我催着追风者前进,自己从她背上一跃而起,跳向峡谷一侧的崖壁上。受过训练的她一直跑到战场之外,停在那里等我回来。

我轻捷地攀上岩壁,心中暗自感谢我的祖父母和光明城堡的秘术师们,是他们让我像只猴子一样在索拉斯的树海间跳跃,后来又在啸海的崖壁上爬高蹿低。

我爬到了弓箭手们所在的山顶,发现他们仍然全神贯注地狙杀着下方我的队友。我缓缓地抽出长剑和匕首,然后清了清喉咙。

一个弓箭手转过头来,我把匕首投向他。它扎进了他的脖子,那个人发出窒息的哀嚎滚倒在地,这时我已经接近了他的四名同伴。他们丢下手中的弓,抽出库尔族战士著名的大弧度弯刀。

我躲开了领头的战士狂野的一劈,甫一交手就刺进了他的腹部。我迅速抽出武器斩向另一个敌人的腿,然后立刻退出长剑的攻击范围。他倒在地上尖叫。

最后的两个库尔族山贼一同攻上来,一左一右夹击我。我从两名剑士的面前跳开,同时抽出第二支匕首。我用它格挡了左侧敌人的一击,并一剑把他的头从肩膀上砍了下来。无头的身躯抽搐着跌落。

仅存的一位战士和我对峙周旋了一会儿。被我弄跛的那个男人的尖叫声渐渐低下去,变成了呻吟和呜咽。剩下的那个敌人忽然冲向我。我挡开了他的两记攻击,而他在冲刺中门户大开,我扑向他的空当。我的剑穿透了他的链甲。他咳出鲜血,然后软倒在坚硬的、尘土飞扬的地面上。

我身后的呜咽声忽然停息了。我转过身,看见罗纳尔站在那儿,他的剑深深地扎进我砍伤的那个库尔人后背。一把弓和一支箭躺在库尔人还在抽搐的手中。“你留了他一条活命,小太妹。他差点就得手了。是我罗纳尔救了你。”

我摆出一脸嘲讽的表情,举剑致敬:“您非常英勇,骑士先生,但我本可以应付的。”

他露出一个古怪的微笑,现在想起来,那是怀疑的苗头。他说:“看到刚刚的表现,我得说你待在圣克仙真是浪费了。你该过佣兵的日子。”

“或许你可以在霍甘大人面前美言几句。”我答道,在一个死去的敌人身上抹了抹我的剑。他点点头,拍拍我的肩。

我们爬回谷底。那四个陌生人都死了(6-4=3你真的没数错吗……-译注)。克雷什觉得这是件好事——我和他最后都能分到更多,而且有更多匹坐骑可以替我们搬运水晶了。“要是我们不遇到更多麻烦的话。”我说。

旅行的接下去几天平安无事。我们用了一天时间掩埋尸体。克雷什洗劫尸体的时候,我费了老大劲才管住自己的舌头。我自己也装模作样地洗劫了其中一具,不过等我一回到圣克仙,就会尽快把这些物品寄去捐赠给光明城堡。

伏击后的第二天较晚时候,我们发现七彩的光线在蓝天上舞动。我指着它们,对它们的美丽与奇异特性评头品足。

“看见了。”克雷什说,“头一回见就没啥感觉,这回也一样。”

“那些是山谷里的反光,”罗纳尔用更平淡的语调说,“尽管这些光看上去挺漂亮,但要是你现在走进山谷,它们会灼瞎你的眼睛。我们在入口附近扎营,日落之后再进谷。”

我们到达了山谷,接着我就见识了罗纳尔适才所言的一个缩影。一条狭窄的峡谷从我们的营地通往水晶谷,峡谷中舞动着一片片七彩的光线,它们是那么的明亮,我看过之后眼花了好几分钟。罗纳尔和克雷什都觉得好笑。

我们搭好帐篷,太阳也落下去了。克雷什生起火堆的时候,罗纳尔和我进谷去采第一批水晶。我们只拿了鞍袋,因为罗纳尔解释说,那些水晶比刀片更锋利,能割穿不那么坚固的容器。即使在月光之下,这片山谷也充满了色彩,这是我平生所见最美的景象之一。水晶绵延数里,笼罩着起伏不定的彩色光波。

“太惊人了。”我说,敬畏得喘不过气来。

“人们说混沌之神触摸过这片地方,”罗纳尔说,“霍甘大人收集这些水晶一方面是为了研究,另一方面是为了收买食人魔,使他们不倒向黑暗骑士一方。食人魔萨满(shaman)们强烈地渴求着这种东西,但他们拒绝亲自进入这片山谷。我们也不确定是为什么。”

剧透 -   :
The next few days were uneventful, except for lewd comments and verbal sparring between Kresh and me 
and belly laughs from the Khur. Lonar spent some time quizzing me about my travels beyond Sanction, placing 
particular emphasis on the area around the New Sea and Schallsea. At the time, I didn't suspect that it was 
anything but conversation on his part. After all, he originally hailed from Caergoth, and I believed that he was 
trying to see if we perhaps had visited the same places. Now I know that he was thinking far more sinister 
thoughts.
We were traveling through a narrow pass two days away from the Valley of Crystal when the ambush 
occurred. Three Khurrish men stepped out from behind rocks. "Your money or your life!" one called out.
"'Your money or your life?!'" exclaimed the man who found Kresh and me amusing. "What manner of 
bandits say such foolishness?"
"Serious ones," replied the speaker. He barked a word in Khurrish, and three arrows cut down our jolly 
companion.
Lonar let out a roar and spurred his horse forward, drawing his sword. The three men in front of us reacted 
with surprise, having clearly assumed their demonstration would subdue us rather than enrage us. Still, they 
shot another volley of arrows. While an arrow felled one more of the strangers who had traveled with us, 
another tore harmlessly through my cloak as I kneed my horse away.
I spurred Windcatcher forward but leaped from her back onto a ledge on the side of the canyon. She was 
trained to gallop until clear of the battle area, then stop to await my return.
I scaled the wall swiftly, mentally thanking both my grandparents and the mystics at the Citadel of Light who 
had let me scamper like a monkey first through the trees of Solace and later up and down the cliffs of Schallsea. 
I reached the top where the archers were, finding that they were still focused on killing my companions down 
below. I slowly drew my sword and dagger. Then I cleared my throat.
One archer turned and I flung my dagger at him. It lodged in his neck, and he went down with a strangled 
cry as I closed on his four companions. They dropped their bows and drew the wickedly curved blades the 
Khurrish warriors are known.
I ducked under a wild swing by the lead warrior and, as we engaged, stabbed him in the belly. I withdrew my 
weapon swiftly, slashing another foe's leg before retreating out of sword range. He fell to the ground, 
screaming.
The last two Khurrish bandits attacked together, stabbing at me from the right and the left. I danced away 
from the swordsmen, drawing my second dagger as I did. I used it to block a swing from the left foe and used 
my sword to hack his head from his shoulders. The headless body spasmed as it fell.
The final warrior and I circled for a couple of moments. The screams of the man I had hobbled faded to 
moans and whimpers. My one remaining fe suddenly rushed me. I parried two of his blows, then he 
overextended himself with a lunge, and I dove toward his open side. My sword punched through his chainmail. 
He coughed up blood before falling limply to the hard, dusty ground.
The whimpers behind me suddenly went silent. I whirled to see Lonar standing there, his sword deep in the 
back of the Khur I had wounded. A bow and arrow lay in the Khur's still-twitching hands. "You left this one alive, 
alley cat. And he almost got you. Lonar to the rescue."
I set my face in a mocking expression and raised my sword in a salute. "Very gallant of you, Sir Knight, but 
I could have handled it."
He gave me an odd smile that I now know was born of suspicion. He said, "Based on that display, I'd say 
you're being wasted in Sanction. You should be leading the life of a sell-sword."
"Maybe you can put in a good word with Lord Hogan," I replied, wiping my sword on a dead enemy. He 
nodded, clapping me on the shoulder.
We climbed down into the canyon. The four strangers were all dead. Kresh saw this as a good thing—more 
for him and me to split at the end, and more mounts to carry our crystals. "Only if we don't run into more 
trouble," I said.
The rest of the trip was uneventful. We spent a day burying the bodies. I struggled to hold my tongue as 
Kresh looted bodies. I looted one myself to keep up appearances, but as soon as I return to Sanction, I'm going 
to arrange to have the items sent to the Citadel of Light as a donation.
Late in the second day after the ambush, we spotted rays of colors dancing in the blue sky. I pointed them 
out, commenting on their beautiful and bizarre nature.
"Seen 'em," Kresh said. "Wasn't impressed the first time. Ain't impressed now."
"Those are reflections from the valley," Lonar said in a more conversational tone. "And while those lights 
may be pretty, they'd burn your eyes out if you were to enter the valley right now. We're going to camp near the 
entrance and go in only after sundown."
We reached the valley, and I saw a small sample of what Lonar meant. A narrow canyon led from our 
campsite to the Valley of Crystal, and in it danced sheets of colored light so bright that I saw spots for minutes 
after I looked at it. Lonar and Kresh both found that amusing.
The sun set as we established camp. While Kresh built a fire pit, Lonar and I went to the valley to gather the 
first batch of crystals. We took only saddlebags because, Lonar explained, the crystals were sharper than 
razors and would slice through less sturdy containers. Even in the moonlight, the valley was awash with colors, 
making it one of the most beautiful sights I had ever viewed. The crystals stretched for miles, covered in 
undulating waves of colors.
"This is amazing," I said, my breath stolen by awe.
"People say the Chaos god touched this place," Lonar said. "Lord Hogan wants to gather crystals both for 
research and to pay the ogres so they don't side with the Dark Knights. Ogre shamans want these things very 
badly, but they refuse to come in here themselves. Why, we're not certain."
« 上次编辑: 2013-08-05, 周一 12:31:39 由 茶白猫小修 »

骰神牧师的布道

离线 茶白猫小修

• 骰神牧师
  • Hero
  • 茶白有根白尾巴
    • 水晶镜子-纤云坊
« 回帖 #45 于: 2013-08-05, 周一 00:23:27 »
我们花了大约两个小时收集水晶,直到我们俩每个人都装满了两副鞍袋。最后,我们的皮手套都支离破碎,我手上也割破了几道小伤口。

回到营地的时候,克雷什已经生起了一大堆火。我主动请缨去饮马。克雷什说这山谷方圆五十里内都没有水源,马匹们只能靠这少许水对付到我们准备出发的时候了。

“那可不大好,”我说,“马没水喝撑不了太久。”

“要是我们勤奋点,也许明天就能收集到足够水晶打道回府。”罗纳尔一边说,一边检视着背包里掏出的一块磨刀石,“这些马撑到那时候没问题的。”

我同意这一点,不过我还是在追风者身上多花了一些时间,和她聊天,把她从头刷到脚。当我回到劈啪作响的火堆旁加入罗纳尔与克雷什的行列时,我建议他们善待自己的马:“直到我们离开山谷前都不能喂他们喝水已经够糟的了。要是你待他们好,他们会帮上你更多的忙。”

“真的吗?”罗纳尔挑起一边眉毛,“像你这么个小太妹是从哪儿学到这种事的?”

“在路上。我和一个干商队护卫的库尔人一同旅行过。你知道库尔人跟马的交情。他们吃在马背上,睡在马背上,他们知道怎么最大限度地利用马。一匹在奔忙一天之后得到洗刷抚摸的马,一定比一匹被像随意丢在门边的木鞋一样对待的马干得漂亮。”

罗纳尔停下了磨剑的活儿。“或许你说得对,小太妹。”他说。他站起身来,用一种有趣的动作小幅旋转着剑,就像他每次打算把它插入剑鞘时那样。但这一回他没有这么做。他把剑刃倚在自己的右肩上,绕过火堆走到我身后。

“我从不抚摸马,”克雷什说,“那不是战士干的活。你要是问我,我会说那是女人的事儿。”

“好在我是个太妹。”我说,自己拿起一片肉干。

罗纳尔在我身后大笑:“还是一如既往地嘴尖舌利啊,琳恩。我觉得要不是在这种情况下,我们或许会成为朋友呢。”

一阵剧痛从后颈传来,罗纳尔袭击了我,用的多半是他的剑柄圆球。我向前倒去,眼前的世界一片空白。在视野恢复清晰之前,身为索兰尼亚骑士的训练就让我本能地挣扎着跪稳身子打算拔剑。然后我的肚子挨了一脚,又瘫了下去,接下来的几分钟里又是更多的拳打脚踢。疼痛的雾霾模糊了我的心智,我脑中的本能被一扫而空。除了大口喘气,我什么也做不了。

世界重新在我眼前聚焦的时候,我感到一双有力的手揪着我,把我摔在一块巨石上。我挣扎着平复呼吸,听见我的剑被从剑鞘中抽了出来。随着它当啷一声落在某块石头上,那双手又抓紧了我,拉着我背靠巨石坐起来。然后有什么撕裂了疼痛的雾霾:我的脖颈上有种被冰冷金属抵着的触感,紧接着右耳畔传来温暖的呼吸声。“游戏到此为止了,太妹。”罗纳尔耳语道。

一切猛然恢复了焦点。疼痛变得比之前更尖锐,罗纳尔转回来,用他的一双褐眼紧紧盯着我的眼睛,我得以看清他的面容上我从未观察到的许多细节。我看见他分明的轮廓,他上路后长得更加浓密的胡子,他向我微笑时眼角浮起的细小皱纹,还有他眼底的寒光。我发现他笑容中的魅力与温暖都纯粹是表面功夫,那下面掩藏着一颗黑暗的灵魂,就像我把我的本性掩藏在琳恩的外表背后一样。我强忍着恐惧与疼痛说:“发生了什么事,罗纳尔?你为什么要这么做?”

“你或许能骗过断角酒馆的那群混混,但你骗不过我罗纳尔·西德尔(Lonar Hiddel)。”“我不知道你说什——”

他的剑在我喉头抵得更紧,嘘了一声逼我噤声。“别再撒谎了,小太妹。别再撒谎了。我愿意饶恕你,你是个好姑娘。对不对,克雷什?”

“有待观察。”克雷什说。

“克雷什就是这样,永远用他的下半身思考。”罗纳尔叹口气说,“我只是想说,亲爱的琳恩,他曾经以为你只不过是个穿着马裤,挥着剑的小丫头。直到我们遇到那伙山贼,他才看见了我头一次观看你在圣克仙打架的时候看到的东西。”

“是啊,我很能打。我学过怎么战斗。我——”

“是的,是的。饶了我吧,别再编你那些催人泪下的故事了。你被奴隶贩子带走,但是你逃脱了,有个好心人教你使剑……不然就是你的父亲没有儿子,所以他教给你怎么战斗,但是在你足以继承他建立的山贼帝国之前,那个帝国就被塔克西丝的骑士们摧毁了。我猜得接近吗?”

“我不明白你打算问什么,罗纳尔。”

他给了我一耳光,我的嘴唇上有血的滋味。他的笑意越来越明显,双眼却越来越冰冷。“别再喵喵叫了,小野猫。我的‘问题’是你的剑术对于一个穿马裤的小丫头来说实在是太好了。你太能打了,就是这么回事。我一直在观察你,我也略微试探过你。对于一个街头霸王来说,你似乎并没有累积多少猎物。你赌博,你打架,但是你很少蹲在小巷里埋伏醉鬼。为什么?这么干比玩骰子来钱快多了。”

“而且,在你打架的时候。嗯……我觉得你在试图掩饰,但你没法掩饰。论武艺,你实在是太棒了。”他握住我的下巴,靠我更近,他的脸距离我的只有数英寸。

“你不是个普通的混混,琳恩。不管你如何努力去装得像个混混。可是你是谁?当然了,没有哪个索兰尼亚骑士会这么粗俗,也没有哪个索兰尼亚骑士会容许像你每天晚上都遇到的那种不名誉的事发生在自己身上。不,你只能是一种人。”

他的眼光更加冰冷了,他说:“所以,你是哪个阶级(Order)的?百合(Lily),还是骷髅(Skull)?”

我震惊得狂笑出声。他没明白我神经质的反应是怎么回事,于是又给了我一耳光。我腹部挨了他膝盖两记撞击。每次我都痉挛地向前倒去,但罗纳尔用他那只闲着的手狠狠一拍我的胸口,让我靠回到那块石头上。

“这一点也不好笑,琳恩小姐,”他咆哮道。我吐出我刚吃的那一点儿肉干,在干呕和试图平复呼吸的尝试间挣扎着。“这就是你的末日,你可能会死得非常痛苦。你,是,哪,个,阶,级,的?”

“拜托,”我呻吟道。我不羞于承认当胃部被撞击的痉挛平息下来之后,我开始由于恐惧而颤抖。“我不是塔克西丝的骑士,你完全搞错了。”

“是吗?”他的剑尖在我脖子上抵得更紧。我感到温暖的血流下来,它刺穿了我的皮肤。

“是的,”我低声说,“以帕拉丁之名,我发誓我不是黑暗骑士。”

“以帕拉丁之名?帕拉丁?!你试图让我相信你是个索兰尼亚骑士?!”他大笑,“你怎么看,克雷什?我们的小太妹会不会真是个脱了闪亮盔甲的骑士?”

“她太瘦了,”克雷什说,“而且太好看。从来就没有好看的女骑士。那就是为什么她们会跑去当骑士。”

剧透 -   :
We gathered crystals for about two hours, until each of us had filled two sets of saddlebags. By the end, nay 
leather gloves had been reduced to tatters, and I had several small cuts on my hands.
Back at camp, Kresh had built a large fire pit. I offered to water the horses. Kresh said there wasn't any 
water within fifty miles of the valley, so the horses would have to do with only a little until we were ready to 
leave.
"That's no good," I said. "The horses can't go too long without water."
"If we work hard, we may gather enough crystals to be on the way back tomorrow," Lonar said, retrieving a 
whetstone from his pack. "The horses will be fine for that long."
I agreed with him, but still spent some extra time on Windcatcher, talking to her and thoroughly brushing her 
down. When I rejoined Lonar and Kresh at the crackling blaze, I suggested that they should tend to their own 
horses. "It's bad enough we can't water them until we leve the valley. They'll serve you much better if you 
treat them right."
"Really?" Lonar said, cocking an eyebrow. "And where did an alley cat such as yourself learn that?"
"On the road. One of the men guarding the caravan I traveled with was a Khur. You know how they are with 
horses. They eat on them, sleep on them, and they know how to get the most out them. A horse that is brushed 
and rubbed down after a day's ride will outperform a horse that's been treated like a pair of wooden shoes and 
just left by the door."
Lonar stopped sharpening his sword. "You may be right, little alley cat," he said. He got to his feet and did 
that interesting little twirl with this sword he usually did just before sheathing it. Only this time he didn't. He just 
rested the blade against his right shoulder as he walked around the fire and behind me.
"I ain't rubbing down no horse," Kresh said. "That's not a job for a warrior. If you ask me, that's woman's 
work."
"Good thing I'm an alley cat," I said, taking a piece of dried meat for myself.
Lonar laughed behind me. "Sharp-tongued as ever, Lynn. I think we might have been friends you and I, 
under different circumstances."
Pain exploded in the back of my neck, as Lonar struck me with what must have been the pommel of his 
sword. I fell forward as the world seemed to go white. Before my vision cleared, my training as a Knight of 
Solamnia caused me to instinctively struggle to my knees and start drawing my sword. Then I was kicked hard 
in the stomach and collapsed again, taking several more blows over the next few minutes. Every instinct was 
swept away as a haze of pain consumed my mind. All I could do was gasp for air.
As the world swam in and out of focus, I felt strong hands grasping me and throwing me against one of the 
boulders. As I struggled to recover my breath, I heard my sword being drawn from its sheath. It clattered 
against the stones somewhere, and the hands grabbed me again and pulled me into a sitting position with my 
back against the boulder. Then something tore through the haze of pain: The feeling of cold steel against my 
neck, followed by warm breath on my right ear. "This is where the game ends, alley cat," Lonar whispered.
Everything snapped back into focus. The pain became sharper than before, and as Lonar moved back to 
lock his brown eyes with mine, I saw his face in far greater detail than I ever had before. I saw his chiseled 
features, the beard that was coming in strong after our time on the road, the small wrinkles that appeared at 
the corners of his eyes as he smiled at me, and the coldness in his eyes. I realized that the charm and warmth 
of his smile had been purely superficial and that it had hidden a dark soul, just as I hid my true nature behind 
the facade of Lynn. Fighting back both fear and pain, I said, "What's going on, Lonar? Why are you doing this?"
"You might fool the riffraff at the Broken Horn, but you're not good enough to fool Lonar Hiddel." "I don't 
know what—"
He silenced me by pressing the blade harder against my throat and shushing me. "No more lies, little alley 
cat. No more lies. I grant you, you're good. Isn't she, Kresh?"
"That remains to be seen," Kresh said.
"Always thinking with his loins, that Kresh," Lonar said with a sigh. "Suffice it to say, dear Lynn, he thought 
you were just another sword-wielding wench in britches. It wasn't until we ran into those bandits that he saw 
what I saw the first time I watched you brawling in Sanction."
"So I can fight. I had to learn how. I—"
"Yes, yes. Spare me the sob story. You were taken away by slavers but escaped and a kindly man taught 
you how to use a sword ... or maybe your father never got a son, so he taught you how to fight, but before you 
could inherit the bandit empire he'd built, Knights of Takhisis wiped it out. Are either of those close?"
"I have no idea what your problem is, Lonar."
He slapped me. I tasted blood in my mouth. His smile widened and his eyes grew colder. "No more 
meowing. My 'problem' is that you are toogood with that sword to be just another wench in britches. You are 
too good at fighting, period. I've been watching you. And I've been doing a little bit of checking up on you. For 
a supposed alley-basher, you don't seem to rack up many victims. You gamble, you brawl, but you spend little 
time lurking in alleys and waiting for drunks. Why is that? It's a lot quicker than dice games.
"And when you brawl. Hmm ... I think you try to hide it, but you just can't. When it comes to the martial arts, 
you are simply too good." He grabbed my chin in his hand and leaned closer, putting his face inches from mine. 
"You're no common rogue, Lynn, no matter how hard you try to pass yourself off as one. But who are you? 
Certainly, no Knight of Solamnia would be so rude, nor would she ever allow the kind of dishonor to befall her 
that you engage in nightly. No, there is only one type of person you can possibly be."
His eyes grew even colder as he said, "So, what Order are you a member of? The Lily or the Skull?"
I was so stunned that I barked out a laugh. He didn't understand the nervous reaction and slapped me 
again. He delivered a knee into my stomach, twice. Each time, I spasmed forward, but Lonar slammed his free 
hand against my chest, forcing me back against the stone.
"This is not funny, Lady Lynn," he snarled. I vomited forth the bit of dried meat I had eaten, then alternately 
dry-heaved and tried to catch my breath. "This is your death, and it can be a painful one. What. Order. Are. You. 
With?"
"Please," I moaned. I'm not ashamed to admit that once the spasms from the blows to my stomach 
subsided, I started shaking with fear. "I'm not a Knight of Takhisis. You've got it all wrong."
"Have I?" He pushed the tip of his stiletto harder against my neck. I felt the warm trickle of blood as he 
penetrated the skin.
"Yes," I whispered. "In the name Paladine, I swear I am not a Dark Knight."
"In the name of Paladine? Paladine?! Are you trying to make me think you're a Knight of Solamnia?!" He 
laughed. "What do you think, Kresh? Could our little alley cat really be a Knight without her shining armor?"
"Too skinny," Kresh said. "And too good-looking. Ain't never been a good-looking woman Knight. That's 
why they become Knights in the first place.
« 上次编辑: 2013-08-10, 周六 01:35:20 由 茶白猫小修 »

骰神牧师的布道

离线 茶白猫小修

• 骰神牧师
  • Hero
  • 茶白有根白尾巴
    • 水晶镜子-纤云坊
« 回帖 #46 于: 2013-08-05, 周一 13:47:47 »
“我是索兰尼亚骑士。”我说,在理智管住我的嘴之前,这些话就脱口而出。我已经受够了对死亡的恐惧和他们加在我身上的屈辱的刺痛。“我是一名玫瑰骑士!我唾弃艾瑞阿肯大君(Lord Ariakan)的回忆,唾弃塔克西丝有鳞的皮肤!我来圣克仙是因为我从天位骑士利亚姆·厄林(Grand Master Liam Ehrling)那里接受了一项特殊任务。我的任务是调查你的上司,霍甘·拜特的动向,但我并不像黑暗骑士们那样真正是你们的敌人。骑士团只是想弄清他打算干些什么,但他不肯和他们打交道!我不是黑暗骑士!”

透露在骑士团中的职阶这件事可能违背了我的誓言。我在向卡琳女士提交报告的时候一定会强调这一举动。我在她不知情也未同意的情况下离开圣克仙并没有触犯骑士规章,但对非骑士团成员透露自己作为地下骑士的身份则无疑是一桩严重的罪名。

哪怕这并没有给我带来任何好处。

罗纳尔歪着头,双眼仍然冰冷地瞪着我:“玫瑰骑士?你?!你一定当我是个白痴,琳恩小姐!你何不干脆撒谎说自己是亚苟斯皇帝(Emperor of Ergoth)的一位私人使者,计划打入内部窥探霍甘大人的力量,以确定我们是否值得出兵支援?”

“我说的是真话。”我说。

他审视了我一阵子,沉思地打量着我。短剑疼痛地顶着我的喉头,依然扎在我的皮肤里。他忽然问:“骑士规章第的六十八条是什么?”

我眨眨眼:“什么?”

“第六十八条。第六十八条的内容是什么?如果你是个玫瑰骑士,你一定知道。”

“骑士规章没有第六十八条,”我答道,“现在没有了。天位骑士刚萨(Gunthar)和利亚姆几年前把这条去掉了。”

“这么说我们走进了一个僵局。我父亲曾经是位骑士。在我出生前他就被逐出了骑士团,但他要我背下了骑士规章的主要条款和准则,因为他认为这是很好的人生信条。我想他做得对。其中有几条非常有意义。如果你能告诉我第六十八条的内容是什么,我或许可以让你活下来证明你的组织关系。但现在,我觉得这只不过是个陷阱。

“无论如何,玫瑰骑士绝不是那种流连酒吧,和下等人深交的家伙。玫瑰骑士的荣誉感比你强得多。”他的声线中出现了一种新的语气,这种语气令我前所未有地深深恐惧起来。

克雷什也听到了。他站起来说:“你不会打算就这么杀了她吧?”

“大体没错。”罗纳尔回答。

“那样太浪费了。让我先找点乐子。”

罗纳尔耸耸肩,用他的短剑柄砸向我的额头,这一击使我的后脑磕在了岩石上。我终于失去了知觉。当世界重新开始聚焦,克雷什不洗澡的躯体上发出的恶臭充满了我的鼻腔。我被拖离了那块石头,平躺在地上。天空中星光闪亮。有谁在扯我的裤带。我听到罗纳尔说:“别让她叫出声。我讨厌女人的尖叫声。”

克雷什大笑起来,我意识到他正在解我的裤子。“你醒了。很好。我可不希望你错过自己一生中最后的也是最大的快感!”他用力拍打我的脸,然后继续对付起我的裤子来。

“割断不就好了,”罗纳尔在附近某个地方叹了口气,“她以后又不会需要再穿它。”

我的脑子忽然清醒了,整个人被一种别样的恐惧所淹没。我不止要死在这里,还要在死前被他们夺走我拥有的每一丝尊严。我完全错看了罗纳尔。我被他的漂亮外表,他的魅力,还有他比起圣克仙的其他居民们相对较少被邪恶沾染的事实所迷惑了。

“我想你说得对,”克雷什说,“我解不开她打的那该死的结。”

“克雷什,拜托,”我轻声说。我不允许这蠢才这么对我,“要是我乖乖配合,你能放我一条生路吗?我不想死的。拜托了。”

他对我咧嘴一笑,伸出舌头舔着他七歪八扭的牙齿:“好啊。说不定我会觉得你很有价值,杀了可惜。”他也轻声回应,同时偎得更近了。

我在他胡子拉碴的脸颊上吻了一口,他在我嘴唇上报以恶臭的一吻,与此同时,我的双手在他后背与身侧游走,找到并爱抚着他的腰部。

我的右手摸到了他武装带上的匕首。我用左手相帮着解开搭扣,暗自希望他真的像罗纳尔说的那样只用下半身思考。克雷什没有教我失望。

“对,”他说,“先帮我解开……然后,留神你那该死的裤带结。”

我想,与其说克雷什死得痛苦,不如说他死得很震惊。我迅捷地握住刀柄拔出匕首斩向他的咽喉。他猛地向后一跳,双手本能地去捂自己的脖子,试图阻止自己的生命从体内流失。我从他身下爬出来的时候,血浆正从他的手指缝间喷射而出,溅落在我身上。

罗纳尔倒是没有克雷什那么吃惊。他从营火对面站起身,长剑出鞘。

“其实你该躺在那儿让他干的,小太妹。”他用一种愠怒的口吻说,“要是克雷什觉得爽,你说不定还能多活几天。”

“这桩交易不划算。”我答道,一面迅速从克雷什的剑鞘中抽出长剑。他像条离开了水的鱼一样抽搐着,还没死透。我踹开他抓向我的手。罗纳尔和我开始隔着他的身子周旋。“我何不把你放倒搁在他身边,然后带着这些水晶回到圣克仙去讨霍甘·拜特的欢心呢?”

“你还没赢我呢,琳恩。”他旋转着刀刃靠近来,“我可是很难杀的,尤其你现在用着克雷什的劣质武器。你和我都是真正的战士,我们买武器的时候会认准质量,而克雷什只认哪把最便宜。”

他是对的。我们周旋着,两个人都在寻找着最佳的攻击机会,就在这时我发现自己用的这把剑严重地不平衡。我觑个机会扫了一眼自己的武器被丢下的那片地方,但罗纳尔抓住这个契机向我冲来。

我格开几记过于贴近的劈砍,从他面前退开。他是个很棒的剑士。我很难挡住他的斩击,这把武器也撑不了多久。

我们打着打着,渐渐远离营地,进入了水晶谷的入口。水晶在月光下焕发出蓝白色的光辉,映照在罗纳尔打磨锋利的剑刃上,看上去魔幻极了。而我挥舞的这把剑则太过于缺乏保养,仍然是那种死气沉沉的灰色。

之前头部受到的一击令我比平时更快地疲乏起来,他得以通过一连串的打击击落了我的剑。然而,在他这么做的同时,身侧露出了空当。我扑过去,想用匕首刺穿他的链甲。可是刀刃在链环中折断了。罗纳尔退开几步,我们俩一同惊奇地看着我手中损坏的武器。他检查了一下自己有无内伤——没有,然后快速插入我与掉落的长剑之间。

“理智点吧,琳恩。告诉我你到底是谁。这样,我至少清楚该把你的尸体送回哪里。”

我向后退却,我穿靴子的双脚磕磕绊绊地踩过头几片零碎的水晶。其中有一些松动了。我又退了两步:“对啊。我们理智点吧。我们一起回圣克仙。你可以把我带到霍甘·拜特面前去。或许他会相信我。我保证对你袖手旁观克雷什强奸我的事情守口如瓶。我想霍甘大人的荣誉感还不至于支持这样的举动。”

“首先,无论何时,霍甘大人都会更相信我的话,而不是一名塔克西丝骑士——哪怕是索兰尼亚骑士——的所言。他知道和他有共同的目标:保卫圣克仙不被你们这些日薄西山的宗教势力所压迫。在你们以牺牲克莱恩的人民为代价继续回顾往昔的时候,霍甘大人正为未来做好准备。诸神把这个世界留给了凡人,而你们这些骑士——你们蜗角之争中的双方——似乎都完全无视了这一点。”

“索兰尼亚骑士早已不仅仅为诸神服务了。”我说。

他忽略我的话继续说下去:“其次,霍甘大人早已明确了这一点:他不希望任何所谓‘战斗团体’的成员待在他的城市里——上一次,你们黑暗骑士、索兰尼亚骑士和史钢军团展示了自己是多么糟糕的客人,你们几乎制造了一起大屠杀。你们说不出什么他想听到的话。你和你的骑士团都已经成为历史了。”

“我想,如果你的上司真的和一名索兰尼亚骑士展开对话,他会发现我们已经从上次在圣克仙犯的错误中汲取教训了。我想——”

“你们永远不会从错误中汲取教训。你们所有的‘骑士’都不会。我觉得我已经给了你足够的时间来自我辩白和说遗言了。”

他向我走来。我迅速蹲下身,胡乱抓起一把水晶和灰尘撒向他的脸。水晶割伤了他,他痛得尖叫起来。我跑向自己的剑。然而,尽管半盲着,罗纳尔还是成功地挥出一剑,砍在我的胸口。尽管这一击没有穿透我的盔甲,但我被打翻在地。锋利的水晶扎进我腿部后方。

罗纳尔无言地嘶吼着,血从前额的伤口淌下来,流进他的左眼,他眨着眼睛。他高举起剑,预备挥出致命的一击。我与反射神经做着搏斗,努力睁大眼睛盯着那闪闪发光的剑刃,要亲眼看着最后一击落下。直面死亡的那一刻,我终于击退了内心的恐惧。我忽然感到一股过去数年间从未有过的平静。我低声祈祷:“帕拉丁,请照看我的灵魂。”

剧透 -   :
"I'm a Knight of Solamnia," I said, my words spilling forward swiftly before reason stopped them. Fear of 
death and the sting of the insults they were heaping upon me had become too much to bear. "I'm a Knight of 
the Rose! I spit on the memory of Lord Ariakan and I spit on the scaly hide of Takhisis! I came to Sanction on 
a special assignment from Grand Master Liam Ehrling. My mission is to investigate the activities of your 
master, Hogan Bight, but I'm not really your enemy as the Dark Knights are. The Orders just want to know what 
he's up to, but he wouldn't deal with them! I'm not a Dark Knight!"
Revealing my rank with the Orders may be a violation of my vows. I will make sure I emphasize this act 
when I submit my report to Lady Karine. I did not violate the Measure by leaving Sanction without her 
permission or knowledge, but revealing myself as a covert Knight to someone who is not a member of the 
Orders is in all likelihood a grave offense.
It doesn't matter that it didn't do me any good.
Lonar cocked his head, and his eyes still coldly glared. "A Rose Knight? You?! You must take me for an 
idiot, Lady Lynn! Why didn't you just go ahead and spin a lie about being a personal emissary from the 
Emperor of Ergoth who wants to take a peek at Lord Hogan's forces from the inside to see if we're worthy of 
military aid?"
"I'm telling the truth," I said.
He regarded me for a moment, looking thoughtful. The stiletto remained painfully at my throat, still digging 
past my skin. Suddenly, he said: "What is the sixty-eighth point of the Measure?"
I blinked "What?"
"The 68th point. What is the sixty-eighth point? If you're a Rose Knight, you know it."
"There aren't sixty-eight points in the Measure," I replied, "not anymore. Grand Masters Guthar and Liam 
revised it years ago."
"Then we're an impasse. My father was once a Knight. He got thrown out before I was born, but he made 
me memorize the main points and standards outlined in the Measure because he thought it was a good code 
to live by. I think he was right to do so. Some of them make a lot of sense. And if you could have told me what 
the sixty-eighth point was, I might have let you live to present proof of your affiliation. But now, I just think it's a 
trap.
"At any rate, Rose Knights aren't the type of people who hang out in bars and fraternize with lowlifes. Rose 
Knights have more honor than that." A new tone had crept into his voice, a tone that struck an even deeper fear 
in me than before.
Kresh heard it too. Rising to his feet, he asked, "You're not just gonna kill her?"
"That was the general idea," Lonar replied.
"That'd be a waste. Let me have some fun first."
Lonar shrugged and struck me on the forehead with the hilt of his stiletto, causing the back of my head to 
slam against the rock. I finally lost consciousness. When the world swam back into focus, the stench of Kresh's 
unwashed body filled my nose. I had been pulled away from the rocks and was flat on my back. The stars 
swam brightly in the heaven. Someone was tugging at the strings of my breeches. I heard Lonar say, "Don't let 
her scream. I hate it when women scream."
Kresh laughed, and I realized that he had been struggling with my breeches. "You're awake. Great. I 
wouldn't want you to miss the last and greatest thrill of your life!" He slapped me hard across the face, and then 
started struggling with my breeches again.
"Just cut them off," Lonar sighed from somewhere nearby. "She's not going to need them again."
My head suddenly cleared as a different kind of terror flooded my being. Not only was I going to die here, 
but also they were going to take away every shred of dignity I possessed before they killed me. I had 
completely misjudged Lonar. I had been taken in by good looks, charm, and the fact that he was less tainted 
with Evil than many of Sanction's residents.
"I guess you're right," Kresh said. "I can't undo the cursed knot she used."
"Please, Kresh," I whispered. I would not allow these cretins to do this to me. "If I cooperate, will you let me 
live? I don't want to die. Please."
He grinned at me and ran his tongue over his crooked teeth. "Sure. Maybe I'll decide you're too valuable to 
kill," he whispered back, leaning close.
I kissed his unshaven cheek and he returned a putrid kiss on my mouth as I ran my hands down his back 
and over his side, finding his waist and caressing it.
My right hand found the dagger on his weapons belt. With my left, I started to undo the buckle, hoping he 
truly always thought with his loins as Lonar said. Kresh didn't disappoint me.
"Yeah," he said. "Undo mine first... then take care of that damned knot on yours."
I think Kresh died more startled than in pain. I swiftly drew his dagger from his hilt and slashed his throat. He 
jerked backward, his hands instinctually going to his neck to stop his life from pumping from his body. Blood 
poured from between his fingers and spilled upon me as I scrambled out from under him.
Lonar was less surprised than Kresh. He rose to his feet on the far side of the campfire, drawing his sword. 
"You should have just lain back and taken it, alley cat," he said in an irritated tone. "If Kresh had enjoyed 
himself, you might have lived a few more days."
"Not a good bargain," I replied, quickly drawing Kresh's sword from its sheath. He was twitching like a fish 
out of water, not quite dead yet. I kicked his hand aside as he grabbed for me. Lonar and I started to circle 
around his body. "Why don't I just lay you out next to him and return to Sanction with the crystals and earn 
Hogan Bight's favor that way?"
"You haven't won yet, Lynn." He twirled his blade as he approached. "I'm going to be hard to kill, particularly 
since you're using Kresh's inferior weapons. You and I, being real warriors, go forquality in our weapons. 
Kresh went for what cost the least."
He was right. As we circled, each of us attempting to find just the right moment to strike, I noticed that the 
sword I was using was horribly unbalanced. I took a chance and scanned the area for my own discarded 
weapons, but Lonar took that as an opportunity to rush at me.
I parried the swings that came too close, backing away from him. He was very good. I barely held against 
his blows, as did the weapon I held.
Our battle carried us away from the camp and into the entrance of the Valley of Crystal. The white-blue 
glow of the crystals beneath the moonlight reflected on Lonar's well-honed blade, making it appear magical. 
The sword I wielded was so ill-used that it remained a dull gray.
The beating I had suffered at his hand caused me to tire quicker than I normally would, so he managed to 
knock the sword from my hand with a flurry of blows. However, he left his side open while doing so. I dove 
forward, intending to punch the dagger through his chainmail. Instead, the blade snapped on the links. Lonar 
backed away from me as we both looked at the broken weapon in my hand with amazement. He checked his 
gut for wounds, found none, then swiftly moved between the dropped sword and me.
"Be reasonable, Lynn. Let me know who you really are. That way, I'll know where to send your body."
I backed away from him, my booted feet stumbling across the first few scattered crystals. Several of them 
shifted loose. I took a couple more steps back. "Yeah. Let's be reasonable. Let's go back to Sanction together. 
You can bring me before Hogan Bight. Maybe he'll believe me. I promise I'll leave out the part about you 
standing by while Kresh attempted to rape me. I think Lord Hogan's a bit more honorable than someone who 
would countenance such a thing."
"First, Lord Hogan would take my word over a Knight of Takhisis—or even a Knight of Solamnia—any day. 
He knows that I share his concern for keeping Sanction free from oppression by any of your dying religious 
orders. Lord Hogan is preparing for the future while you keep looking toward the past, at the expense of the 
people of Krynn. The gods have left the world to the mortals, yet you Knights—on both sides of your little 
squabble—seem to have missed that entirely."
"The Knights of Solamnia have always been about more than service to the gods," I said.
He continued, ignoring me: "Second, Lord Hogan has made it clear that he doesn't want any members of 
the so-called 'fighting orders' in his city—last time, you nearly created a massacre when your Dark Knights, the 
Knights of Solamnia, and the Legion of Steel showed how bad guests can be. You have nothing to say that he 
would want to hear. You and yours are part of the past."
"I think if your master was to actually talk to a Knight of Solamnia, he'd discover that we've learned from our 
mistakes in Sanction. I think—"
"You never learn from your mistakes. None of you 'Knights' do. And I think I've given you enough time to 
come clean and to say your last words."
He advanced toward me. I quickly crouched and blindly scooped up a handful of crystals and dirt and flung 
them at his face. He screamed in pain as the crystals slashed him, and I moved for my sword. Even partially 
blinded, however, Lonar managed to swing at me with his sword, catching me across the breast. Although his 
strike didn't penetrate my armor, it did knock me to the ground. Sharp crystals cut into the back of my legs.
Lonar bellowed wordlessly, blinking as blood from the cuts on his forehead streamed into his left eye. He 
raised his sword to deliver the killing blow. I fought against my reflexes and kept my eyes open and fixed on the 
gleaming blade to watch the final strike as it fell. As I stared at Death in the face, I finally beat back my fear. I 
suddenly felt calmer than I had in years. I whispered, "Paladine, please watch over my soul."
« 上次编辑: 2013-08-13, 周二 13:51:55 由 茶白猫小修 »

骰神牧师的布道

离线 茶白猫小修

• 骰神牧师
  • Hero
  • 茶白有根白尾巴
    • 水晶镜子-纤云坊
« 回帖 #47 于: 2013-08-05, 周一 20:40:29 »
但那致命的一击始终没有落下。相反,罗纳尔猛地向前迈了半步,随着骨骼破碎、链环断裂的声音,一支剑刃透胸而出。他咳嗽着,鲜血从嘴里和胸前的伤口往外涌。随着那支剑的抽回,他倒在了地上,抽搐着,生命渐渐远离了躯壳。

“肮脏的龙人军(dragonarmy)败类,”那人用精灵语说,“你别想再烧我的森林。”

站在罗纳尔尸身上方,手握着我的剑的,是一位传说中走出的人物。他看上去就像爷爷奶奶的故事里说的一模一样——一位有着一头金色发绺,一双蓝色的大眼睛,和一张英俊得简直让他的普通同族感到羞愧的脸庞的精灵。至今奶奶提起她第一次将目光投向奎灵纳斯提精灵吉尔赛那斯时的小鹿乱撞,还照样会让爷爷感到嫉妒。此刻我亲眼见到他,才明白个中缘由。

“吉尔赛那斯?”我说,还没有完全相信自己的眼睛。他蓝色的大眼睛望向我。他的双眸里含着一种奇怪的神情,一种疯癫的神情。然后,他一脸认出了我的表情。

“提卡(Tika)!”他惊呼道。他扶我站起来,“提卡,你在这儿干什么?我以为你早就死了!”

这比他的外形还要令我吃惊。我的父辈与祖辈时常说我的脸长得特别像奶奶,但吉尔赛那斯显然应该知道她比我如今看上去的样子要老得多。

“你受伤了,”他接着说,注意到我腿上的割伤,“是那个畜生干的吗?还有你的头发。是他剪掉了你美丽的卷发吗?”

按我打算剪掉自己头发时奶奶的说法,她一生都留着她的长发,这得益于她一头引入注目的自然卷。尽管我继承了她年轻时的红色,却没有继承到她的卷发。我选择把头发剪短,是因为这样戴起头盔来比较舒服。

可是,他的提问证明他的确把我认成了奶奶。我开始怀疑这是否真是吉尔赛那斯本人。会不会这只是个疯子?他的一边脸颊上有道纵向的疤痕,而奶奶从来没有提到过这道疤痕。可是从她上一次听说他的消息到现在已经有很长时间了,事实上,已经太久太久,以至于她和其他所有人都以为他已经死了。当我考虑着下一步该做些什么的时候,我听见有人在叫他的名字。

“来,倚着我,提卡,”吉尔赛那斯说,“我确定泰索何夫的背包里有些绷带。我们很快就会包扎好你的腿。”

“谢谢你,吉尔赛那斯。”我说。当我说出这个名字的时候,我感到它很陌生,甚至不知为何有些虚假。然而,尽管他疯得很明显,但他不是吉尔赛那斯还能是谁?

他扶着我走向营地。另一位精灵映入我的眼帘。“泰索何夫,”吉尔赛那斯喊道,“提卡被龙人们(draconians)袭击了!我们得帮帮她!”

另一位精灵跑到我们身边,两人一块儿把我扶回营地。当我们回到那儿的时候,第二位精灵给了我一块毛毯,让我可以在他处理伤口时保持体面。

“我要回那条路上看看,”吉尔赛那斯说,“我不希望有哪个败类偷偷摸摸地跟着我们。”

“别走太远。”另一位精灵说。

“你的朋友看上去精神不大正常。”我一边缓慢而痛苦地脱下裤子一边说。

“是的,”精灵望着他金发同伴的方向说,“他中了一种罕见的侏儒毒。他的疯狂与日俱增,要是我找不到治疗的办法,几个月之内他就会死。噢,我叫莱萨格斯,顺便一提,他的名字是吉尔赛那斯。”

“我想我认识他,”我说,“我的名字叫——”

我管住了自己的嘴。那天晚上我已经在胁迫之下违背了自己的秘密誓言一次,我不想出于轻率再干第二次。

“——琳恩。我从圣克仙来。我们来这儿收集水晶卖给这座城的领主。我的‘搭档们’想从我这儿夺走某些我无意分享的东西。于是,他们死了。”

“放心吧,我不打算做同样的事,”莱萨格斯说,“现在,试着放松,可能会有点疼。”

“你们俩来这儿做什么?”他把酒精倒在我大腿背侧的时候我咬着牙关问,“你们在这前不着村后不着店的地方得不到什么帮助的。”

“我看到了你们的篝火,我们的狮鹫需要休息,而且我希望这儿有谁能帮帮我们。”

“你们的坐骑可以休息,不过至于帮助嘛……呃,城里能找到的东西却到野外找,真像你们精灵能干出来的事。”我以一声窃笑结束了评论,试着模仿我听到过的,一位在我还是个小孩的时候经常来索拉斯旅店的捕兽人的声音。他或许是我见过最恶毒的偏执狂。莱萨格斯似乎注意到了我的态度转变。

“的确如此,”他答道,“大自然中有时也能觅得智慧。不过,我们的确找到了你,一位圣克仙的市民。你能告诉我们这附近有什么智者吗?有谁能帮帮我的朋友?”

“把我的腿包扎好,然后我们再谈。瞧着点毯子。”我刻意用冷冰冰的口吻回答道。我感到莱萨格斯僵了一下,他的照料中少了几分温柔。

即使在那一刻,我也觉得自己该表现出更多的感激之情。在我不怎么有资格得到拯救的时候,一个传奇人物拯救了我,给了我第二次机会。然而,想到这些,我察觉到“第二次机会”意味着我必须严格忠于自己的誓言,在与这两位精灵在一起时始终扮演琳恩的角色。那也就意味着要尽可能地粗鲁。我深深挖掘自己的记忆,搜寻着在最后归宿旅店(Inn of the Last Home)顾客们口中听过的那些顶顶难听的种族歧视脏话。

最终,我的行为终于过分得让他无法再忍受了。“我得去我的鞍囊里再拿些绷带。”他说着,走向初升月亮映衬下站在那儿的三只狮鹫。

他走后片刻,吉尔赛那斯出现在我身边,他回来的时候没有发出哪怕最轻微的响动。他以品评的眼光打量着我受伤的腿。“泰索何夫干得不错。”他说。

剧透 -   :
But the killing blow never landed. Instead, Lonar suddenly jerked a half step forward, and the blade of a 
swrd burst from his chest with a crunch of bone and a snapping of chainmail links. He coughed, and blood 
welled forth from his mouth and the wound on his chest. The sword retreated and he fell to the ground, 
twitching as life fled from his body.
"Filthy dragonarmy scum," someone said in elven. "You will burn my forest no more."
Standing above Lonar's form, holding my sword, was a figure out of legend. He appeared just as he had in 
Gramps's tales—an elf with long golden locks, large blue eyes, and a face so handsome that he puts even 
others of his fair race to shame. Grammy could still make Gramps jealous by describing how her heart had 
fluttered when she first laid eyes on Gilthanas of Qualinesti. Now that I had seen him myself, I understood why.
"Gilthanas?" I said, still not entirely believing my eyes. He turned his large blue eyes toward me. There was 
a strange look in them, a look of fury. Then, his expression filled with recognition.
"Tika!" he exclaimed. He helped me to my feet. "Tika, what are you doing here? I thought you were dead!"
That was even more surprising to me than his appearance. My parents and Gramps frequently commented 
on how much I resembled Grammy about the face, but surely Gilthanas had to know she was much older than 
I was at this point.
"You're wounded," he continued, noticing the cuts on my legs. "Did that animal do that? And your hair. Did 
he cut off your beautiful locks?"
From what she told me when I decided to cut mine, Grammy has worn her hair long her entire life, taking 
advantage of the spectacular curls that nature had gifted her with. Although I had inherited the red color she 
had when she was young, I had not inherited the curls. I also chose to wear my hair short because it was more 
comfortable when wearing a great helm.
His question confirmed that he thought I was Grammy, though. I came to question whether this was really 
Gilthanas. Could he just be a madman? He had a scar down one side of his face, and Grammy had never 
mentioned a scar. But a long time had passed since she had heard from him, so long, in fact, that she and 
everyone else thought him dead. As I was trying to decide what to do next, I heard someone calling his name.
"Here, lean on me, Tika," Gilthanas said. "I'm sure Tasslehoff has some bandages in his pack. We'll fix your 
legs in no time."
"Thank you, Gilthanas." I said. The name felt strange when I said it, somehow false. But, despite his 
obvious madness, how could he be anyone but Gilthanas?
He helped me back toward the camp. Another elf came into view. "Tasslehoff," Gilthanas cried. "Tika has 
been attacked by draconians! She needs our help!"
The other elf rushed to our side, and the two of them helped me toward the camp. Once there, the second 
elf offered me a blanket so I could stay decent while he tended my wounds.
"I will return to the pass," Gilthanas said. "I don't want any of that scum sneaking up on us."
"Don't go too far," the other elf said.
"Your friend seems quite insane," I said as I slowly and painfully slid out of my pants.
"Yes," the elf said, looking in the direction of his fair-haired comrade. "He has been affected by a rare 
gnome poison. His madness is only going to get worse, and he'll die within a few months if I don't get him a 
cure. Oh, I'm Lethagas, by the way. His name is Gilthanas."
"I thought I recognized him," I said. "My name is—"
I caught myself. I already had violated my oath of secrecy once that evening, under duress. I wasn't going 
to do it again out of thoughtlessness.
"—Lynn. I'm from Sanction. We came out here to gather crystals to sell to the lord of the city. My 'partners' 
decided to take something from me that I was unwilling to part with. So, they died."
"Rest assured, I will attempt no such thing," Lethagas said. "Now, try to relax. This might sting a bit."
"Why are you two here?" I asked through gritted teeth as he poured alcohol on the back of my thighs. "You 
won't find help in the middle of nowhere."
"I saw your fire. Our griffins need rest, and I hope that someone here might help us."
"Your mounts can rest, but as for help ... well, it's just like an elf to look in the wilderness for something that 
can be found in a city." I ended the comment with a snigger, trying to imitate the sound I had heard from a 
trapper who frequented the Solace inn while I was a child. He was perhaps the most virulent bigot I have ever 
met, and Lethagas seemed to pick up on my changed attitude.
"That could be so," he replied. "There is occasionally wisdom to be found in nature. However, we did find 
you, a citizen of Sanction. Can you tell me of any wise men who live there? Anyone who can help my friend?"
"Fix my legs, then we'll talk. And watch that blanket," I replied, forcing a cold tone into my voice. I sensed 
Lethagas stiffen, and his ministrations became a bit less gentle.
Even at the time, I felt I should have shown more gratitude. A legend had come to save me at a time when 
I didn't really deserve saving, and had thus given me a second chance. Yet, as I thought about it, I realized the 
second chance meant that I had to stay true to my vows and stay in the role of Lynn for as long as I was with 
these elves. And that meant being as crude as I possibly could, reaching deep back into my memory for the 
very worst of the racial slurs I had heard from the patrons at the Inn of the Last Home.
Eventually, my behavior became too much for him to bear. "I need to get more bandages from my 
saddlebags," he said, heading toward the trio of griffins that stood silhouetted against the rising moon. 
Moments after he left, Gilthanas appeared at my side, having arrived without making even the slightest sound. 
He looked appraisingly at my injured legs. "Tasslehoff did a good job," he said.
« 上次编辑: 2013-08-06, 周二 21:20:47 由 茶白猫小修 »

骰神牧师的布道

离线 茶白猫小修

• 骰神牧师
  • Hero
  • 茶白有根白尾巴
    • 水晶镜子-纤云坊
« 回帖 #48 于: 2013-08-05, 周一 23:26:43 »
“吉尔赛那斯。”我说,他的名字在我的舌尖听上去依然有些虚假。我需要向自己证明他不止是个愚弄了自身和莱萨格斯的精神病患……我无法自抑地想着,为了吉尔赛那斯在长枪战争中的功劳,诸神——哪怕他们早已抛弃了克莱恩——应当奖赏他与西悠瓦拉一起过上幸福的生活,而不是报之以疯癫。我拉着他的手,精神集中了片刻,专注于自己的脉搏,引导那股在啸海渡过的那些夏日里金月在我身上开发的神秘力量。

当我再度睁开双眼时,吉尔赛那斯正期待地望着我,但此刻我还可以看见亮绿色与亮蓝色的生命能量,如此光明地描绘出他的灵魂。我曾见过一次类似的模式——那是我同罗拉娜唯一一次见面时在她身上看到的。我再也没有丝毫疑问。这就是吉尔赛那斯本人。

但是,他妹妹灵魂的光辉是种平静而舒缓的光波,而吉尔赛那斯的灵魂却被一团激昂而混乱的色光围绕着。他的确陷入了深深的,或许是无法逆转的疯癫。

“提卡?”他问,注意到了我发现这一点时脸上所浮现出的哀伤,“你还好吗?”

我更紧地握住他的手。“多么不公平呀,”我说,“怎么会这样呢,吉尔赛那斯?为什么你没有和西悠瓦拉在一起?人们讲的那些你和她的故事……都只是幻想吗?都只是谎言吗?一切都是丑陋而残忍的吗?连哪怕一个幸福的结局都不可能存在吗?”

他蹙眉看着我:“西悠瓦拉?你怎么知道我和西悠瓦拉的事?”

我解消了法术,他周身的光环在我眼中一闪而灭。我抱着最后一丝希望说:“你和她为克莱恩,为帕拉丁的儿女们做了许多。为什么帕拉丁没有给你们更好的奖赏?”

“提卡,提卡,提卡,”他用一种有些说教的口吻说,“诸神只会赐予凡人他们所渴望的奖赏。事情的真相是,我当时并不渴望西悠瓦拉。我不清楚她对我而言意味着什么。她试着告诉我——试着引导我去发现——可是我太自我中心了,无法意识到这一点。即使是在失去她之后,我也用了几十年的时间才明白过来自己做了什么。现在我正试着找回她,自己挣到这笔奖赏。你知道吗,因为她向我撒谎,我赶走了她?”

“你赶走了她?”

“是的,她完全不是什么卡冈那斯提精灵(Kagonesti)。她是一条……”他犹豫了一下,看着我,眉头微蹙,“等等,你不是提卡。你看上去有点像她,但你不可能是她。她应该要老得多。”

“对!”我兴奋得动了一下,可是割伤的腿部一阵剧痛。我只好抓住他的手,“我是提卡的孙女。我叫林霞·马哲理。”

“林霞?你多大了?十八?十九?你看上去真像我头一次见到你奶奶的时候她的样子。她还在世吗?”

“她像往常一样元气十足。卡拉蒙也一样。不过,听我说,你的朋友莱萨格斯告诉我你中毒了。发生了什么事?”

“都是因为宿命。”吉尔赛那斯说,“宿命与傲气。我赶走了西悠瓦拉,因为我太骄傲了,没法承认自己爱得有多深,没法承认她的谎言伤我有多深。而如今我注定要作为一个疯子虚度岁月,甚至没法再和她在一起。”他难过地看着我,“至少我遇见了你,林霞·马哲理。你在追随你祖父母的道路吗?”

“并不那么成功,大概,不过我在尝试。”我指着自己受伤的腿答道。

“对一位年轻的战士而言,龙人永远是个挑战,无论她认为自己有多强。”他再度打住了,“刚刚我把你从一只龙人的手里救了回来,是这样吗?”

我不忍心告诉他真相:“是的,一个卡帕克(Kapak)龙人。不过,现在你看上去好多了。趁你能做得到的时候,把西悠瓦拉的事告诉莱萨格斯吧。我想他一定会帮你的。”

“我有时会像现在这样清醒,但这样的时刻正日渐变得越来越少,越来越短。莱萨格斯已经知道我正在追寻与西悠瓦拉重聚。他承诺在我找到她之前都会陪在我身边。可是,首先他得想法阻止这毒药要我的命。莱斯是个非常明智、忠诚的伙伴。”他开始用闲着的那只手抚摸我的头发,一脸恍惚的神情:“你该把头发留长的。你奶奶的头发那么可爱。”

“你知道我在想什么吗?我在想我们今晚都被给予了第二次机会。是宿命把我们带到了这里……是宿命,或是帕拉丁本人的手。”我又动了一下,试着看向他湛蓝的双眸,但我又由于疼痛而退缩了,“我想莱萨格斯让狮鹫飞向我们的篝火是做对了。你命中注定要将我从袭击者的手里解救出来,让我有机会成为自己一直想成为的那种骑士。而由于你救了我,我得以告诉你一些或许可以得到治疗的地点的信息,不是一个,而是两个!赞美帕拉丁,吉尔赛那斯,我想我能帮助你和你的银龙破镜重圆!”

“银龙?”

“对啊,你和西悠瓦拉?”

“你在说什么呀,银龙?”吉尔赛那斯一跃而起,“西悠瓦拉才不是什么龙!你怎么敢污蔑我的爱人是只狂暴的怪物?!”

我感觉要不是莱斯恰好在那一刻赶了回来把他拉开,吉尔赛那斯说不定就揍了我。在我与他和莱斯待在一起的时间里,吉尔赛那斯都没能回复理智。他与臆想中的怪物搏斗,并点火焚烧了罗纳尔的尸首,因为“不烧掉的话,僵尸(zombies)还会复活的!”

在这种时候我很难保持琳恩的伪装。我想加入他们的追寻,但我明白我不能。我有必须回去完成的使命。可是我还是尽我所能地帮助莱萨格斯。在种族歧视和辱骂的言辞——例如威胁要杀了吉尔赛那斯,因为他的疯癫简直比精灵通常的表现还要让我恶心——掩饰之下,我告诉了他们该如何抵达神之乡(Godshome)(我“母亲”曾造访过的一处神秘之地)和治愈之河(River of Healing)(几年前有位骑士告诉我的地方)。我想莱萨格斯是位勇敢而重荣誉的精灵,吉尔赛那斯对他的信赖是正确的。我真希望自己能留给他一个更好的印象。要是吉尔赛那斯想起了我们的对话,告诉他我是谁,他该以为我的父母是些怎样的人啊?

我继续尝试在他们的旅途中提供帮助。在缓辔返回圣克仙的路上,我每夜都向帕拉丁和他的两个儿子祈祷,希望他们中有某一位听见了我的声音,并乐意在吉尔赛那斯的艰程中向他伸出援手。

我也会为自己祈祷一两句,不过还是先留着吧,倘若在我抵达圣克仙之前伤口没有感染的话。但愿他们认定我对骑士规章的触犯足够轻微,以使我还能从宿命或诸神赐予的第二次机会中获益。

这是我如今最最真挚的期望。倘若你正在读这本笔记,那么,它或许已经成为了现实。

剧透 -   :
"Gilthanas," I said, his name still sounding false on my tongue. I needed to prove to myself that he wasn't 
just some lunatic who had fooled both himself and Lethagas ... I couldn't help but think the gods, even if they 
had left Krynn behind, would have rewarded Gilthanas with happiness with Silvara instead of insanity for his 
service during the War of the Lance. I took his hand and concentrated for a moment, focusing upon the pulsing 
of my heart and drawing forth the mystical powers that Goldmoon had opened up to me during the summers I 
spent on Schallsea.
When I opened my eyes again, Gilthanas was looking at me expectantly, but now I also could see the bright 
green and blue life energy that so brightly represented his soul. I had seen a similar pattern when I had looked 
at Laurana, the one time I met her. I no longer had any doubt. He was Gilthanas.
But where the glow of his sister's soul had been calm and soothing waves, Gilthanas's form was 
surrounded by a seething and chaotic mass of colors. He was indeed deeply, perhaps irrevocably, insane.
"Tika?" he said, noticing the sorrow that must have registered on my face at that realization. "Are you all 
right?"
I held his hand tighter. "This is so unfair," I said. "How could this be, Gilthanas? Why aren't you with Silvara? 
The stories people tell of you and her.... Are they all just fantasies? Lies? Is everything ugly and grim? Can't 
there ever be a happy ending?"
He frowned at me. "Silvara? How do you know about Silvara and me?"
The nimbus of light about him seemed to flicker out as I allowed my spell to end. With it went my last bit of 
hope. "You and she did a great service for Krynn and the children of Paladine. Why didn't Paladine reward you 
better?"
"Tika, Tika, Tika," he said in a slightly patronizing tone. "The gods give mortals only the rewards they 
deserve. Truth is, I didn't deserve Silvara. I didn't know what I had in her. She tried telling me—showing 
me—but I was too wrapped up in myself to realize it. Even after I lost her, it took me decades to realize what I 
had done. Now I'm trying to get her back, to earn my reward. Do you know I drove her away because she lied 
to me?"
"You did?"
"Yes, she isn't a Kagonesti at all. She is a ..." He hesitated, looking at me with a slight frown. "Wit. You're 
not Tika. You look a little like her, but you can't possibly be her. She should be much older."
"Yes!" I shifted excitedly, but the pain shot through my cut legs. Instead, I just clutched his hand. "I'm Tika's 
granddaughter. I'm Linsha Majere."
"Linsha? You're how old? Eighteen? Nineteen? You look almost like your grandmother did when I first met 
her. Does she live still?"
"She's as feisty as ever. Caramon, too. But listen, your friend Lethagas told me that you've been poisoned. 
What happened?"
"Fate," Gilthanas said. "Fate and pride. I drove Silvara away because I was too proud to admit how deeply 
I had fallen in love and how much her lie had wounded me. And now I'm going to waste away as a lunatic 
without ever getting back together with her." He looked at me sadly. "At least I got to meet you, Linsha Majere. 
Are you following in your grandparents' footsteps?"
"A little less successfully, perhaps, but I'm trying," I replied, indicating my wounded legs.
"Draconians will always be a match for a young warrior, no matter how tough she thinks she is." He paused 
again. "That was a draconian I saved you from back there, was it not?"
I didn't have the heart to tell him the truth. "Yes. A Kapak. But, you seem fine now. Tell Lethagas about 
Silvara while you can. I'm sure he'll help you."
"I have moments like this one, but they are getting rarer and shorter with each passing day. And Lethagas 
already knows about my quest to reunite with Silvara. He has promised to stay with me until I have found her. 
First, though, he wants to stop the poison from killing me. He is a very sensible and loyal companion, Leth is." 
He started to stroke my hair with his free hand, an absent-minded look crossing his face. "You should let your 
hair grow out. Your grandmother had such lovely hair."
"You know what I think? I think that we've both been granted a second chance here tonight. It was Fate that 
brought us all here ... Fate, or maybe even the hand of Paladine himself." I shifted again, trying to look into his 
blue eyes but only wincing with pain. "I think that Lethagas guiding his griffins to our fire was no mistake. You 
were fated to save me from my attackers, so that I could have the chance to become the Knight I've always 
wanted to be. And because you saved me, I can give you information on not just one place where you might 
find a cure, but two! Paladine be praised, Gilthanas, but I think that I can help you and your silver dragon 
reunite!"
"Silver dragon?"
"Yes, you and Silvara?"
"What are you talking about, silver dragon?" Gilthanas leapt to his feet. "Silvara is not a dragon! How dare 
you accuse my beloved of being a rampaging monster?!"
I think Gilthanas might have struck me if Leth hadn't returned at that very moment and dragged him away. 
Gilthanas didn't regain his sanity while I was with him and Leth. Instead, he fought imaginary creatures and set 
Lonar's body on fire because "zombies will reanimate if you don't!"
It was very difficult for me to maintain the facade of Lynn during that time. I wanted to join their quest, but I 
knew I couldn't. I had duties to return to. But I still helped Lethagas as best I could. Couched in racist and 
abusive terms—such as threatening to kill Gilthanas because his insanity was disgusting me even more than 
elves typically did—I provided them with information on how to reach Godshome (a mystic site my "mother" 
once visited) and the River of Healing (a place a Knight told me about a few years back). I think Lethagas is a 
brave and honorable elf, and that Gilthanas did right in placing his trust in him. I just wish I could have left him 
with a better impression of me. What will he think of my parents if Gilthanas remembers our conversation and 
tells him who I am?
I continue to attempt to help them on their journey. As I slowly make my way back to Sanction, I offer nightly 
prayers to Paladine and his two sons, and hope that one of them is listening and is willing to help Gilthanas on 
his difficult path.
I'd throw a payer or two in for myself, too, but I'm saving them in case my wounds get infected before I 
reach Sanction. Hopefully, my infractions against the Measure will be deemed light enough to let me take 
advantage of the second chance Fate or the gods have given me.
It's my most sincere hope right now. And if you're reading this, it probably came true.
« 上次编辑: 2013-08-06, 周二 14:23:22 由 茶白猫小修 »

骰神牧师的布道

离线 茶白猫小修

• 骰神牧师
  • Hero
  • 茶白有根白尾巴
    • 水晶镜子-纤云坊
« 回帖 #49 于: 2013-08-06, 周二 15:12:07 »
灰烬:神之乡,27sc

摘自奎灵纳斯提精灵莱萨格斯笔记(始于26sc)

第14条,神之乡

我对长枪战争中奎灵纳斯提的大撤退几乎毫无印象了。当时我还很小,比一个婴孩大不了多少,我父亲认为,是当时经历的恐惧使我将那些事封锁在脑海之外。但有时,当我坐在营火边的时候,我的脑海中会忽然闪过尖叫声,巨龙振翅的响声,还有四周火光熊熊的森林景象的回忆,令我有那么一瞬间无法呼吸。

当我坐在这片荒无人烟的山谷里,篝火旺盛地燃着,一只剥了皮的兔子在烤叉上嗞嗞作响,一些那样的记忆断片又在我脑中浮现,伴着我在我们的流民城市——奎灵莫利(Qualimori)的成长中经历的苦乐悲欢。

其中有一桩记忆,尤其在我的脑中萦绕。

我的母亲非常虔诚。当我问她为什么诸神任由巨龙摧毁我们在奎灵纳斯提的家园时,她回答说爱力(E'li,帕拉丁的别称-译注)决定摧毁那些精神脆弱,被人类的弱点所污染的精灵。她相信诸神把南亚苟斯的森林许给了我们,那儿是最适宜精灵的国家发展壮大的地方。她把圣职者们重获神圣力量看做南亚苟斯的精灵们的确是身获天选的人上之人的证据。而下一步,她说,就该是传说之城神之乡的重生——惟有在一个统一的精灵王国的旗帜下,它才会重生。

神之乡。我母亲总爱把神之乡的传说讲了又讲,以十二种不同的方式解释它为何同时既是一座敬畏神的各种族人民汇聚敬拜的城市,又是一座诸神在那儿直接赐予得到认同之人祝福的幽静山谷。据说,从空中俯瞰,那座城市建得像是一个巨大的轮盘;而山谷中有一切神明栩栩如生的雕塑,还有一口能赋予凡人力量,使他们能亲身抵达群星之间的池水。

那些故事我只从母亲那儿听过。在盖特威人琳恩忽然提起之前,我已经有许多年没有听说过,也没有想起过神之乡了。

她是个很奇怪的女子,哪怕以人类的标准衡量也是这样。她竭力装出一副混混和无赖的模样,可是在我们离开前她借用了吉尔赛那斯背包里的地图,指给我们不止一处,而是两处我或许能带他得到治疗的地方。在吉尔赛那斯号哭着向西悠瓦拉、半精灵坦尼斯,以及其他许多我无法一一列举的人道歉的时候,她脸上闪过一抹痛苦的神情。她的躲闪令我猜想,她或许认识几位他在那狂热的幻象中看见的人,然而当我追问细节时,她又变得粗暴起来。

用只在那些憎恨我同胞的、最最坏心肠的恶棍们口中听到过的脏话痛骂了我一顿之后,她强调说她这么做只是为了报答我们在她被与她同行的人渣袭击时的救命之恩。她还强调要是不帮我找个办法治好吉尔赛那斯的话她一定会杀了他,因为他让她恶心到家了。可是,当她以为我没有留意她的时候,我看见她用非常怜悯的眼光望着我的朋友,我明白她对他的情形感到心碎,而不是厌恶。可是,如果她选择掩饰自己的动机,那么我尊重她的决定。

她在吉尔赛那斯的地图上添加的两处地方是“神之乡”和“治愈之河”。她解释说自己从一位引退的探险家口中听说了这些地方,从她另外一些轻蔑的评论中看来,那位探险家是她的母亲,但她并不爱对方,对方也没给过她多少爱。不过,琳恩确信这些地点的信息是有效的,我在其中任何一处都能找到治愈吉尔赛那斯的办法。

治愈之河位于遥远的敏加山脉,而神之乡距我们的营地只需飞行数日。“如果说还有什么地方能找到诸神的话,就是那里了,”那名混混对我这么保证,“诸神能够疗愈凡人的几乎任何苦恼……除了无信仰之外,我想。”这说法颇为有趣,尽管我还是不完全确定她指的是什么。说到底,有谁会在站在诸神面前的同时还不信神?并且,倘若我母亲说的那些故事是真的,那么神之乡必定是安塞隆最为壮丽的地点之一。

可是,如今我已经抵达了神之乡,我发现这里,就像这世界上的其他许多地方一样,已经完全失去了魔力。我很高兴母亲在混沌之夏前就去世了,因为那个夏天的结局一定会伤透她的心。然而,这座山谷中的景象会伤她更深。

最初,当我骑在狮鹫背上翱翔于奈拉卡(Neraka)的干旱大地上空时,我发现了神之乡的废城。那里建起了一座巨大的黑暗骑士团营地,尽管我不清楚他们为何而来;或许他们想寻找离去诸神的迹象,正如我听说光明城堡的秘术师们所做的那样?

无论他们来这儿所为何事,这只是进一步坚定了我远离那片废墟的决心——我决定将它仅仅看做一个里程碑。根据母亲和盖特威人琳恩的说法,诸神会直接降临在山谷,而非城市之中。

因此,我让狮鹫们飞向附近的山脉,飞越狭窄的沟壑上空,在那些只有飞行生物能造访的山谷上空盘旋。不像安塞隆的大部分山脉,这儿没有那些古老的食人魔城市废墟;或许那些邪恶的存在感应到了遍洒此地的神圣力量,从而避开了这个区域,即使他们拥有高度发达的文明。而这片地区同样没有哪片山谷符合母亲的描述——呈碗形,中央有口圆形的池水。

我一面搜寻,一面也想起了母亲说的,只有诸神希望如此,这座山谷才会被发现。我不确定我该期望什么;倘若诸神仍然居住在这儿,他们会允许我找到它……还是不会。我决定搜索四天。四天后,我就出发向西去寻找治愈之河。

我在两天后找到了那座山谷。在那两天时间里,吉尔赛那斯一直是种时好时坏的半清醒状态,频频在暴怒中猛拍着鞍座。我最终不得不降落,把他的双臂绑起来,以免他解开马具跌下去摔死。我开始担心,他会在被毒药杀死之前就杀死自己。可是,那些关于神之乡的故事始终浮现在我脑海,令我充满希望。

吉尔赛那斯是咏者索拉斯特伦的儿子,他曾抗击了成群结队的龙人大军,使我们奎灵纳斯提精灵得以重返家园。显然,假如一位像琳恩的母亲那样声名狼藉的女人都能找到神之乡,诸神一定会向吉尔赛那斯伸出欢迎之手。

当我盘旋在神之乡谷上空时,我的希望开始消逝。很容易辨认出这正是我所寻找的地方:一座碗形的山谷,正中有一口完美的圆形湖泊。湖里的水似乎是种奇怪的黑色,但有某种白色的东西在其中闪耀。山谷四壁环绕着陡峭的岩石斜坡,从空中看不到任何出入口。焦黑、倾倒的树桩布满了整片区域,看上去整个山谷曾经遭遇过一场大火,甚至远大于沦陷在龙人大军之手时那场席卷奎灵纳斯提的火灾。

我让狮鹫降落。吉尔赛那斯已经不省人事,我留他独自被绑在鞍座上。哪儿也看不见本应矗立在这山谷中的诸神雕像。我走向那古怪的黑色湖泊,微风吹送着苍白而细小的灰烬,在荒芜的山谷地面上往复飞旋。

当我抵达山谷中心的凹坑边缘时,我发现自己所俯瞰的并不是一泓深黑而污浊的湖水,而是一种坚实的,玻璃般的物质。它是碎裂的,就像有个巨人在它的正中心打了一拳似的。尽管有这些裂纹与被风吹得遍布湖面的灰烬,它的表面仍然极度光洁,我能看见倒映其中的那颗在击败混沌之神后的那个夜晚出现在天空的,苍白而伤痕累累的月亮。我望向晴朗的蓝天。太阳正在山后西沉,哪儿也没有月亮的踪影。

我看不到什么神像。我看不到什么凡人能在其中游向群星的湖泊。留下的惟有灰烬,使这片景象就像对它过往荣光的嘲弄一般。

此时此地,我诅咒诸神。我诅咒他们遗弃了安塞隆,诅咒他们给了像我母亲一样的人们对自己在长枪战争后归来的信仰虚假的希望。我诅咒他们引导盖特威的琳恩给了我虚假的希望,浪费了我寻求拯救救命恩人方法的宝贵时光。我问他们敢不敢把我们俩一块儿劈死。我问他们敢不敢现出身形,来向我证明他们只不过是些担心自己安危,只因伊斯塔教皇要求他们服从就抢先粉碎了这个世界的懦夫。我嘲笑他们从混沌之神面前逃离,又再度诅咒他们什么也没有给那些崇拜他们的人留下,哪怕是法师们的魔力。我向着天空嘶吼,直到嗓子生疼,直到我注意到吉尔赛那斯脱离了绑缚正径直向我狂奔而来。

我意识到向神呼喊是徒劳的。他们不是聋了就是死了。这山谷中的灰烬,这不可避免地粘附在我正在烧烤的兔子身上的灰烬,很可能是他们的遗体。

无论真相是什么,诸神都已离去。我曾寻求他们的援助,而他们无法提供。我将再度把吉尔赛那斯捆在其中一只狮鹫的鞍座上,然后我们去索兰尼亚,寻找那条治愈之河。或许,更好的是,寻找一位能更快治愈他的贤者。

剧透 -   :
Ashes: Godshome, 27sc

From the Journal of Lethagas of Qualinesti,
started in the Year 26sc
Entry 14, In Godshome
I have few actual memories of the evacuation of Qualinesti during the War of the Lance. I was still very 
young at the time, barely more than a baby, and my father believes that the horrors I experienced caused me 
to block them from my mind. But sometimes, when sitting at a campfire, memories of screaming, the sound of 
beating dragon wings, and the sight of a forest aflame all around me flash into my mind, leaving me breathless 
for a moment.
As I sit here in this desolate valley, a fire raging and a skinned rabbit sizzling on a spit, some of those 
memory fragments are drifting through my mind, along with the both the joys and hardships I experienced 
while growing up in Qualimori, our city of exile.
One memory in particular echoes through my mind.
My mother was very religious. When I asked her why the gods had let the dragons destroy our home in 
Qualinesti, she responded that E'li had chosen to let the dragonarmy destroy those elves who were weak in 
spirit and corrupted by the taint of humans. She believed that the gods had given the forest of Southern Ergoth 
to us, and that there the best of the elven nations would grow strong. She viewed the return of divine powers to 
the priesthood as evidence that the elves of Southern Ergoth were indeed chosen over all other peoples. The 
next step, she said, would be the rebirth of the legendary city of Godshome—only it would be reborn under the 
banner of a united elven kingdom.
Godshome. My mother loved telling and retelling the legends of Godshome, explaining in a dozen different 
ways how it was both a city where god-fearing people of all races gathered to worship and a secluded vale 
where those whom the gods found worthy were given their direct blessing. The city was supposedly built to 
appear like a giant wheel when viewed from the air, while the vale contained living statues of all the gods and 
a pool which could grant mortals the power to reach the stars themselves.
I had only ever heard those stories from my mother, and I hadn't heard about or thought of Godshome for 
years when suddenly Lynn of Gateway mentioned it.
She was a very strange woman, even for a human. She had every appearance of being a rogue and a 
scoundrel, yet before we parted ways she had used the map from Gilthanas's pack and indicated not one but 
two places to which I might take him to find healing. A look of pain crossed her face when Gilthanas started 
howling apologies at Silvara, Tanis Half-Elven, and several others whom I couldn't place. The way she winced 
made me think that she might have known some of the people he was seeing in his fevered visions, but when 
I pressed for details, she became rude.
After lambasting me with slurs that I'd heard only the most black-hearted of villains level against my people, 
she insisted that she was doing this only to repay us for saving her life when the scum she was traveling with 
attacked her. She insisted that if she didn't help me find a way to cure Gilthanas, she would have to kill him 
because he disgusted her so much. Yet, when she didn't think I was watching her, I saw her look at my friend 
with such pity that I knew she felt heartbreak, not disgust, at his state. But, if she chose to lie about her 
motivations, that was her decision.
The two places she added to Gilthanas's map were "Godshome" and "River of Healing." She explained that 
she'd heard of the places from a retired explorer, and from other disparaging remarks it seemed this explorer 
was a mother whom she had little love for and who had shown little love for her. Still, Lyn was sure that the 
information on these sites was valid, and that I would find a cure for Gilthanas at either one.
The River of Healing was located in the faraway Vingaard Mountains while Godshome was merely a few 
days flight from our camp. "If there's anywhere the gods can still be found, it's there," the rogue had assured 
me. "And the gods can heal pretty much anything that might ail a mortal... except lack of faith, I suppose."
That was an interesting statement even if I am still not entirely sure what she meant. After all, how could 
someone stand in the presence of the gods and not believe? And if the tales my mother told were true, then 
Godshome would have to be one of the most glorious sites in Ansalon.
But, now that I have arrived at Godshome, I see that it, like so many other places in the world, has lost all 
magic. I am glad my mother died before the Summer of Chaos, for its end surely would have broken her heart. 
However, the sight of this vale would have hurt her even more.
I found the ruined city of Godshome first, soaring on griffin back over the arid landscape of Neraka. A large 
encampment of Dark Knights had established themselves here, although for what reason I do not know; 
perhaps they were searching for signs of the departed gods as I've heard mystics from the Citadel of Light 
have done?
Whatever the reason for them being there, it simply added motivation for me to avoid those ruins—to view 
it simply as the landmark that it is. According to both my mother and Lynn of Gateway, the gods could be 
reached directly in the vale, not in the city.
So, I flew the griffins into the nearby mountain range, soaring through narrow canyons and circling over 
valleys that appeared inaccessible to anything but flying creatures. Unlike most other mountain ranges in 
Ansalon, these did not appear to contain the ruins of ancient ogre cities; perhaps even at the height of their 
civilization, those Evil beings had shunned this range, sensing that the powers of the divine held sway here. 
Nor did the range seem to hold any valleys that matched the description my mother had given—bowl-shaped 
with a circular pool in the middle.
As I searched, I also thought of how my mother had said that the valley could be found only if the gods 
wished it. I wasn't sure exactly what to expect; if the gods still resided there, they would allow me to find it... or 
not. I decided that I would search for four days. After that, I would head west in search of the River of Healing.
It took me two days to find the valley. During this time, Gilthanas slipped in and out of a half-awake state, 
often experiencing violent rages during which he thrashed in the saddle. I eventually had to land and tie his 
arms to make sure he didn't unfasten his harness and fall to his death. I came to fear that he might kill himself 
before the poison did. But, the stories about Godshome kept coming to my mind, filling me with hope. 
Gilthanas was the son of Speaker Solostaran, and he had stood against the hordes of the dragonarmies so the 
Qualinesti could return to our homeland. Surely, if someone who had sounded as disreputable as Lynn's 
mother could find Godshome, the gods would extend a welcoming hand to Gilthanas.
My hopes started to wane when I circled above Godshome Vale. It was readily recognizable as the place I 
sought: a bowl-shaped valley with a lake that formed a perfect circle at its center. The water of the lake 
seemed strangely black, but something white shone within it. Steeply rising, rocky slopes lined the valley, 
offering no exits from the valley that I could see from the air. Blackened, toppled stumps covered the area as if 
the entire valley had been subjected to a fire far greater than even that which had swept through Qualinesti 
when it fell to the dragonarmy.
I landed the griffins. Gilthanas was unconscious, so I left him bound in the saddle. Nowhere could I see the 
statues of the gods that supposedly stood within the valley. As I walked toward the curious black lake, the 
breezesent a fine gray ash scurrying back and forth across the barren valley floor.
When I reached the edge of the sunken area at the valley's center, instead of seeing dark and polluted 
water, I found myself gazing down upon a solid glasslike substance. It was cracked, almost as if a giant had 
struck it dead-center with a fist. Despite the cracks and the ashes that the wind pushed across it, the surface 
appeared highly polished, allowing me to see reflected in it the pale, scarred moon that had appeared in the 
heavens on the night following the defeat of the god Chaos. I looked to the clear blue sky. The sun was sinking 
behind the mountains, and the moon was nowhere in evidence.
I could see no statues of the gods. I could see no lake in which mortals could swim to the stars. Nothing but 
ash remained, making this place a mockery of what it had once been.
I cursed the gods, then and there. I cursed them for abandoning Ansalon, for giving people like my mother 
false hope with their brief return after the War of the Lance. I cursed them for leading Lynn of Gateway to give 
me false hope and waste precious days in my quest to save the man who had saved my life. I dared them to 
strike us both dead. I dared them to show themselves, to prove to me that they were nothing but cowards who 
so feared for their own safety that they first shattered the world in response to the Kingpriest of Istar's demands 
of submission. I taunted them for fleeing in the face of the god of Chaos and then cursed them again for leaving 
those who worshiped them not even the magic of wizards. I raged at the heavens until my throat grew soar, 
and until I noticed that Gilthanas had freed himself and was raging right along with me.
I realized the futility of crying out to the gods. They are either deaf or dead. The ashes in this valley, the 
ashes that will be impossible to keep from clinging to the rabbit that I am roasting, are probably their remains. 
Whatever the truth is, the gods are gone. I sought their aid, and they could provide none. I will once again 
restrain Gilthanas in the saddle of one of the griffins and then we will travel toward Solamnia in search of the 
River of Healing. Or, better yet, a sage who can provide a cure even sooner.
« 上次编辑: 2013-08-13, 周二 00:05:48 由 茶白猫小修 »

骰神牧师的布道