作者 主题: 【RF】遁入黑夜(一) 人生一夜 P125~131  (阅读 7667 次)

副标题: 校对: Bellicose

离线 失语

• Hero
  • 帖子数: 971
  • 苹果币: 2
【RF】遁入黑夜(一) 人生一夜 P125~131
« 于: 2018-10-09, 周二 15:16:38 »
遁入黑夜(一)INTO THE NIGHT

引用
> 汉尼贝拉(Hannibelle)不久前来找我说,“Slamm,”(她称我为Slamm。不是每个人都能这么叫完了就跑的),“还记得快杰克(FastJack )说我们需要一个新的视点吗?我想我这里就有一个可以给你。”然后她在我的收件箱里放了一张有趣的简历,她说的没错。这家伙与众不同。因此即使他是个吸血鬼,我也会让雷德(Red)进入试用期。但是啊,比吸血鬼更糟糕的:这家伙是黑鹰队(Blackhawks,译注:北美冰球联赛的球队之一,隶属于西大区中央分区)的粉丝。所以,这不是一般的试用期,这是超级终极试用期!黑鹰队!我是说,是的,他们最近打得不错,但是他们大概多久没拿过奖杯了?三十六年?
> Slamm-0!
剧透 -   :
> Hannibelle came to me not too long ago and said, “Slamm,” (she calls me Slamm. Not everyone gets away with that), “remember how FastJack said we needed new perspectives? I think I’ve got one for you.” Then she dropped an interesting CV into my inbox, and she was right. He’s different. So I’m letting Red come in on a probationary basis, even if he is a vampire. Worse than a vampire, though: he’s a Blackhawks fan. So it’s not just a probationary period, it’s ultra-super-probationary! The Blackhawks! I mean, yeah, they’ve had a decent run lately, but they haven’t had the Cup in, what, thirty-six years or so?
> Slamm-0!

> 老实说,SLAMM-0!我不是我没有。如果我是,我会指出,实际上西雅图郊狼队(Seattle Coyotes,译注:同样是北美冰球联盟的队伍之一,隶属于西部赛区的太平洋分区,)也从来没有举起过斯坦利杯(Stanley Cup)。甚至在他们离开菲尼克斯(译注:该支球队曾经是菲尼克斯郊狼队,所以这边说“离开菲尼克斯”)之前也没有。
> 雷德(Red)
剧透 -   :
> Actually, Slamm-0!, I’m really not. If I were, I’d point out that the Seattle Coyotes have never, in fact, held the Stanley Cup. Even before they left Phoenix.
> Red

> 老牛,你把禁言锤子丢哪了?
> Slamm-0!
剧透 -   :
> Bull, where’d you put the ban-hammer … ?
> Slamm-0!

> 你就是个无可救药的傻逼。
> 网猫(Netcat)
剧透 -   :
> You hopeless freakin’ goofballs.
> Netcat

人生一夜
A NIGHT  IN THE LIFE

发帖人:雷德
POSTED BY: RED

当有人发现我是什么,我能做什么,我必须做什么才能生存,他们问的第一个问题通常是,“那是什么感觉?“这很有趣,因为我也是这么问每一个我所遇到的感染者的,而答案从未改变。相似的环境,不同的道德准则,滋生不同的应对方式。
剧透 -   :
When someone finds out what I am, what I can do, and what I must do to survive, the first question they ask is usually, “What’s it like?” Which is funny, because that’s what I ask every other Infected I meet, and the answer is never, ever the same. Similar condition, different morality, different methods of coping.

如果你想了解吸血鬼是什么,我建议读托马斯·麦卡利斯特(Thomas McAllister)的作品。他离这个状况已经非常之近,即使他没有可以给你的科学理论,没有兽性的本质,也没有像我这样如此亲密地深谙此道。
剧透 -   :
If you want to know what a vampire is, I suggest reading the works of Thomas McAllister. He’s close enough to the condition without having it that he can give you the science, the nature of the beast, without knowing it as intimately as I do.

我至此乃是给予你真实之内幕。告诉你当你不再直视着深渊而是从深渊内往外张望是怎样的。
剧透 -   :
I’m here to give you the insider look. To tell you what it’s like when you’re not staring into the abyss, but out from it.

引用
> 有点毛骨悚然,不是吗?他是在烛台上借着烛火写着这篇文章的?他的花边袖口被墨水弄脏了吗?
> 活塞(Pistons)
剧透 -   :
> A little maudlin, isn’t he? Is he writing this on vellum by candlelight, his lacy cuffs getting stained by the ink?
> Pistons

> 好吧,我有时说得有点过分;我是吸血鬼、法师和精灵,所以……罪有应得。不过,这种状况下总使人联想起哲学。我决不是唯一这么做的吸血鬼。这是我们中的某些人用以牢牢掌握自我人性的手段。
> 雷德
剧透 -   :
> Okay, I lay it on a little thick sometimes; I’m a vampire, a mage, and an elf, so … guilty as charged. There’s something about this condition, though, that makes one wax philosophic at times. I am by no means the only vampire who does this. It’s how some of us keep a grip on our humanity.
> Red

你们赏阅过那些三维影视,读过那些书籍,还有在你生命中的某个时候,你可能会因为要为万圣节派对做准备而购买一套假牙。我可以告诉你,除了化妆品之外,你会发现最接近事实的是马丁·德弗里斯(Martin de Vries)的《达里恩-克罗斯》(Darrien Cross)系列丛书。并且我需要为这一切发生得如此戏剧化而全心全意地道歉。
剧透 -   :
You’ve seen the trids, you’ve read the books, and you’ve probably bought a fake set of fangs for a Halloween party at some point in your life. I can tell you, cosmetics aside, the closest thing you’ll find to the truth is Martin de Vries’ Darrien Cross book series. And I wholeheartedly apologize for how melodramatic it all comes off.

引用
> 考虑到德弗里斯(校注:德弗里斯本人就是个吸血鬼)与原材料的联系,这不足为奇。
> 发条(Clockwork)
剧透 -   :
> Considering de Vries’ connection to the source material, that’s hardly surprising.
> Clockwork

> 是的,事实上那本书让我有点惊讶,但是我要为自己辩护:我已经离开凡世很长一段时间了,最后为了赶上时代,便去疯狂阅读《达里恩-克罗斯》系列书籍。在有人指给我看他被辨认出是吸血鬼的录像之前大概三个小时,我才刚看完《圣徒之家》。
> 雷德
剧透 -   :
> Yeah, that one caught me by surprise a little bit, actually, but in my defense, I’d been out of the loop for quite a while and wound up going on a Darrien Cross binge-read as part of playing catch-up. I finished The House of Saint Béla maybe three hours before someone pointed me to the video of him coming out.
> Red
« 上次编辑: 2019-07-05, 周五 12:44:32 由 失语 »

离线 失语

• Hero
Re: 【SG】遁入黑夜(一) 人生一夜 P125~131
« 回帖 #1 于: 2018-10-09, 周二 15:19:45 »
终末之夜THE LAST NIGHT

它可能在任何地方发生。一条小巷,在你的车里,你的床上。吸血鬼无处不在,不需要任何邀请便可以进入你的家。它们会耗尽你的灵魂,只留下你自己最深处的残骸,于是你会被一种病毒——已经在你身上完全浸透的病毒——维持在死亡之外。不消几日,完美的黑暗就此诞生。你漂浮着,就像是在做梦,意识是如此之遥远,那些病毒与你结合,净化你的个体,因为它要重写你的DNA,拿走它喜欢的,并扔掉其余的,它试图将你打造成一个更好的杀手,一个更好的宿主。每一种病毒株都有其不同的想法。让梦想沦为噩梦。
剧透 -   :
It could happen anywhere. An alleyway, in your car, in your bed. A vampire is highly mobile and doesn’t require any invitation to get into your home. They drain out your soul and leave only the barest dregs of yourself inside, and you are held just outside of death by a virus that has seeped into you with every drop they drained away. And for a few days, there is a perfect darkness. You float, maybe dreaming, but far from aware, as the virus merges with you, sublimating your identity as it rewrites your DNA, takes what it likes and throws out the rest, trying to make you a better killer, a better host. Every strain has a different idea just what that will be. The dreams become nightmares.

而你醒来时。此物已休矣。
剧透 -   :
And then you wake up. And it gets worse.

初始之夜THE FIRST NIGHT

你唯一能意识到的,是一种奇异的饥饿感。你身体的核心,你张嘴的欲望便是进食,它能左右你的意志和自我意识,这种意志是如此强烈,以至于多数新生的吸血鬼甚至不会再从冰箱里拿点心,吃完之后又把东西吐出来。感官愈发敏锐,侧耳便能听见心跳,耸鼻便能闻见血腥。热成像视觉突出了生命猎物的活力和热量,然后被本能所接管。怀疑成为了仅次于目前需求的遥远呼喊,然后你会撕毁第一个可怜的,越过你的道路的混蛋,不管他们是谁。
剧透 -   :
The only thing you can be aware of is a singular hunger. Your central, yawning desire is to feed, and it pushes against your will and sense of self such that most newborn vampires don’t even bother stumbling to a fridge for stuffers only to retch them back out. The senses are sharper, hearing heartbeats and smelling blood. Thermographic vision emphasizes the pulse and heat of living prey, and instinct takes over. Doubt is a distant cry next to the very present need, and you tear into the first poor bastard who crosses your path, whoever they are

利齿刺入肉体,鲜血涌入口中,它不仅令你满意,还会进一步增强你的感官。你那黑暗灵光的一部分——也许是你灵魂中的残留——遵循由直接情感状态所搭建的亲密之桥向他们延伸。换句话说,你已经吓坏了他们,并且你利用这种联系来连接他们的灵魂。病毒开始把他们的灵光,无可逆转地一片一片拉入你的怀里,随后,无与伦比的愉悦从你们两人身上蔓延。你感到内在宽阔的空虚感逐渐被填满,你的感官逐渐趋向正常和健康。这就像是一种令人抓狂程度的低血糖攻击,而饱足感不仅令人满意,极其亲密,还让你感到拥有力量。最糟糕的是,这种感觉非常美妙。
剧透 -   :
Teeth pierce flesh, blood gushes into your mouth, and it satisfies even as it pushes your senses further. Some part of your blackened aura, maybe what remains of your soul, reaches out to theirs, following the bridge of intimacy created by direct emotional context. In other words, you have terrified them, and you use that association to connect to their soul. The virus starts pulling their aura, piece by irreplaceable piece, into your own, and then the real ecstasy begins for both of you. You feel the vast emptiness filling inside, the sense of health and solidity and normalcy returning. It’s something like a hypoglycemic attack taken to a maddening degree, and the satiation is not merely satisfying, but intimate and empowering. Worst of all, it feels intensely right.

病毒改变了你,使你成为捕猎、杀戮和传播的机器。它包裹着所有逞凶极恶之心去做这些事。但它留给你的依然是自我意识。你活在双重生活中,你的所思所想与你的不近人情互相驳逆,但即使在这一新的行为方式中,你依然保持着“我是我”的意识。
剧透 -   :
The virus has mutated you, made you into a vessel for hunting, killing, and spreading. It has done it with all the viciousness of a rapist and a killer. But it has left you your sense of self. You are living a double life, at odds with a part of yourself that wants very inhuman things even as who you are still remains, albeit in a new paradigm.

引用
> 所以……杀死他们是给予他们解脱,是吗?粉红莫霍克头大概会很高兴?(校注:大部分暴力鲁莽行事的朋克分子都会梳一个粉色的莫霍克头,所以有了这句发言)
> 惠比特犬(Whippet)
剧透 -   :
> So ... killing them is a mercy, right? Paydays for pink mohawks?
> Whippet

> 他们对巨魔和地精化说过差不多的事情。。
> 山羊脚(Goat Foot)
剧透 -   :
> They said similar things about trolls around Goblinization Day.
> Goat Foot

> 他们对超链者今天还在说这话。
> 网猫(Netcat)
剧透 -   :
> They still do about technomancers.
> Netcat

> 灵魂汲取者,渴血者,还有AI傀儡。每当你切除其中一个肿瘤时,你就会使泛人的身体更加健康。
> 发条(Clockwork)
剧透 -   :
> Soul suckers, blood drinkers, and AI puppets. When you eradicate a tumor, you make the body of metahumanity healthier.
> Clockwork
« 上次编辑: 2019-07-05, 周五 12:49:09 由 失语 »

离线 失语

• Hero
« 回帖 #2 于: 2018-10-09, 周二 15:22:39 »
随后一切纷至沓来 AND ALL THE REST TO COME

万事万物的核心便是你如何抉择你的新状态。大量的感染者选择了死亡而不是适应。病毒能以种种微妙的方法驱策你,比如说成瘾反应,但你仍然保有自己的灵智(前提是你没有被这种变化驱策得完全疯狂或兽性大发。已知一些病毒株以不同的方式改变神经连接,激发了身体素质上的偏执、暴怒甚至狂妄自大的倾向。感知被重连,本能被重建,你需要找到一个新的平衡。
剧透 -   :
At the core of everything is how you choose to address your new condition. Plenty of Infected choose death over adaptation. The virus can urge you in subtle ways, the reflexes of addiction and so on, but you maintain your sapience, assuming you aren’t driven completely mad or feral by the change. Some strains have been known to reform neural connections in different ways, inspiring a physical predisposition towards paranoia, rage, and even megalomania. Senses are rewired, instincts remade, and you have to find a new equilibrium.

所以假设你已经成功地克服了神经重连,克服了精神错乱的噩梦,以及为了生存不得不做可怕的事情的绝念(你们知道的,就像暗影狂奔者那样)。你将如何去适应?你愿意做什么来度过第二天晚上?
剧透 -   :
So let’s say you’ve managed to overcome the neural reconnections, the sanity-rending nightmares, and the concept of having to do monstrous deeds to survive (you know, like a shadowrunner might). How are you going to adapt? What are you willing to do to make it through the next night?

引用
> 每一个狂奔者曾经都或多或少问过这样的问题。
> 活塞(Pistons)
剧透 -   :
> Something every runner has asked at one point or another.
> Pistons

> 扪心自问。
> 鸡米No(Jimmy No)
剧透 -   :
> Speak for yourself.
> Jimmy No

某些感染者已经沉溺于吸食无法自拔。他们会将这种行为正当化或合理化,充分利用食物链的哲学论点,或如同毒萨满一般主张“宰杀无用之人”。这些人往往是不分青红皂白。其他人会享受狩猎的过程,或者寻找道德一点的进食手段。当我初次改变之时,我在芝加哥最糟糕的地方待了许久,等待着一些抢劫犯为了信用棒而拿刀子捅我。随着我幻术技巧的进步,我可以吸引强奸犯和皮条客,这样,我在进食的时候知道自己保持了街道洁净,也能心安理得几分。你可能会感到惊讶在这种情况下会有多少朋友愿意让你住在附近。你可能还会享受到某些额外好处:比如说你的晚餐不再需要的现金和装备。除了可能制造强大的敌人之外,这是一个纯粹的胜利场景。
剧透 -   :
For some, the addiction to feeding is too much to resist. Justifications—or rationalization—set in, featuring philosophical arguments that make great use of the food chain, or toxic shaman-style claims of “culling the herd.” These ones tend to be indiscriminate. Others enjoy the hunt, or find some means of moral feeding. When I first changed, I spent my time in the worst parts of Chicago, waiting for some mugger to stick me with a knife for my credstick. As my illusion skills progressed, I could attract rapists and pimps, and get my meal even as I rested easier knowing I was keeping the streets a tiny bit cleaner. You might be amazed how many friends these sort of actions can make you in a neighborhood. You might also enjoy the side benefit of the gear and cash your meals no longer need. Aside from possibly making powerful enemies, it’s a pure win scenario.

引用
> 治安维持制度101。自杀的绝佳方法。
> 网猫(Netcat)
剧透 -   :
> Vigilantism 101. Good way to get yourself killed.
> Netcat

> 如果你能够“再生”,什么问题都迎刃而解了。
> 屠妇(Butch)
剧透 -   :
> Less of an issue when you regenerate, I imagine.
> Butch

> 你的猎人知道你能做什么。他们经常作好万全之策。
> 汉尼贝拉(Hannibelle)
剧透 -   :
> Your hunters know what you can do. They often come prepared.
> Hannibelle

当然,不是每个人都想战斗。食尸鬼可以管理墓葬场(necroplexes),作为医生,脏器走私者,或任何可以向他们提供定量泛人肉的其他职业。某些吸血鬼和维克拉科病毒科(vrykolakiviridae )感染者可以找到合法的捐赠者——那些因为被吸食而产生兴奋感的家伙。我似乎想起了曼哈顿的一所由吸血鬼经营的哥特式夜总会。他从不缺无偿献血者。或者,他们会找到一个人们无论如何都会去死的地方。我发现死刑犯是一个相当靠谱的方法,在不让任何无辜之人受苦的情况下满足我最坏的需要。这并不便宜,但感染的好处也是有代价的。
剧透 -   :
Of course, not everyone wants to fight. Ghouls may take over necroplexes or find employment for or as doctors, organleggers, or any other career that offers them their ration of metahuman flesh. Some vampires and other vrykolakiviridae strains can get legal donors who get off on the notion of being fed on. I seem to recall a gothic nightclub in Manhattan that was run by a vampire. He had no shortage of volunteer blood donors. Or they find places where people will die, anyway. I’ve found death-row inmates to be a fairly reliable way to sate the worst of my needs without making anyone innocent suffer. It’s not cheap, but the advantages of Infection have their costs.

这提醒了我:你或许会对某些事情感到好奇……
剧透 -   :
Which reminds me: you’re probably wondering…
« 上次编辑: 2018-12-06, 周四 09:19:59 由 失语 »

离线 失语

• Hero
« 回帖 #3 于: 2018-10-09, 周二 15:27:30 »
漫步夜幕有感WHAT IT’S LIKE  TO WALK THE NIGHT

这个世界比以往任何时候都更有活力,而且可能永远如此下去。嗅觉变得更为生动而复杂。热感视觉和星界视觉的结合给予所有的事物极大的深度,而且更重要的是,你在每个人,在每个生物身上都能看到跃动的生命。你的听觉更敏锐。你的直觉更迅捷。在危机时刻,你能感到时间的变慢,反应的激增。世俗的伤害和以往一样痛苦,但是几秒钟内便能治愈这些伤口的感觉,给予你全新的认识和无畏的体验。
剧透 -   :
The world is, and potentially forever will be, more alive than ever before. Smells become vivid and far more complex. Thermographic vision and astral sight combine to give all things greater depth, but more than that, you see life in every person, in every living thing. Your hearing is sharper. Your instincts are quicker. Response increases as you feel time slow in moments of crisis. Mundane damage is as painful as ever, but the sensation of healing those wounds within seconds grants an entirely new appreciation, and fearlessness, for the experience.

没有一种感觉能比释放肉体化为雾气更自由的了。视觉变得模糊,声音变得低沉,重力成了记忆,风成了新的地形。我还没有读过一篇科学论文来解释这种现象是如何发生的,我很想知道,但与此同时,它却让闯入和离开某个地方变得轻而易举。或者,它曾经如此(以后再详细解释)。不幸的是,进食对于吸血鬼和受害者来说都是一种情感上的强烈体验。通常感染会使得宿主觉醒,赋予其新的超自然能力。只需付出“让你的残缺灵魂被寄生”这种低廉的成本,你便可以拥有这种体验——永远生活在刀刃的力量尖峰上。
剧透 -   :
And there is no feeling quite so freeing as that of surrendering the corporeal to become mist. Vision becomes a hazy thing, sounds muffled, gravity a memory, wind the new terrain. I have yet to read a single scientific paper that explains how this phenomena works, and I’d like to know, but in the meantime, it makes breaking in and out of places a snap. Or, at least, it did (more on that later). Feeding is, unfortunately, as emotionally potent an experience for the vampire as it is for the victim. More often than not the infection Awakens the host, granting new supernatural powers. And for the low cost of a parasitic invasion of the remnants of your soul, you can have this experience, living on the knife’s edge of power, for eternity.

引用
> “再生”基本会令任何感染狂奔者成为队伍的子弹海绵。
> 凯恩(Kane)
剧透 -   :
> Regeneration basically designates any Infected runner as the bullet sponge for the team.
> Kane

> 请记住,魔法伤害不会受到治愈因子的抵抗。
> 雷德(Red)
剧透 -   :
> Just remember that magic damage isn’t resisted by a healing factor.
> Red

> 治愈因子?(译注:此处指金刚狼和死侍的超能力)
> /dev/grrl
剧透 -   :
> Healing factor?
> /dev/grrl

> 一本古老的漫画书中关于再生的术语。
> 公牛(Bull)
剧透 -   :
> An old comic book term for regeneration.
> Bull

> 我已经七十年没有读我的最爱了。
> 雷德
剧透 -   :
> I’m about seventy years behind my old favorites.
> Red

> 你多大了?
> 涡轮兔(Turbo Bunny)
剧透 -   :
> How old could you be?
> Turbo Bunny

当然,你会不认为这全都是好消息。阳光的触摸曾经只是略微痛苦而已。长时间暴露则会引起愈发强烈灼烧,就像你在异常敏感的白化病患者身上看到的那样,只是会有更剧烈敏感的神经反应罢了。
剧透 -   :
Of course, you didn’t think it was all good news. The touch of sunlight was once merely painful. Prolonged exposure caused burning, much as you might see in an exceptionally sensitive albino, albeit with much more nerve response.

引用
> 这意味着它肯定会更痛。
> 屠妇(Butch)
剧透 -   :
> That means it hurts a lot more.
> Butch

然而,对于我们大多数人来说,今日的阳光会造成更快更严重的伤害。就像是被暴露在极高温度下的烧伤会瞬间出现,即使云层复盖也阻止不了。在西雅图的天空,除非有一场夹杂着难以置信密集灰云的大暴雨,紫外线-A才可能被很好地阻隔开来,在这种情况下,灼伤依然可能在几分钟的时间内出现;无论如何痛苦始终如一。
剧透 -   :
For most of us, though, sunlight is now causing much quicker, much more grievous damage. Immediate burns appear much like being hit with extreme heat, and cloud cover doesn’t do much to stop it. Ultraviolet-A cuts just fine through Seattle skies, unless there is a rainstorm with incredibly dense ash clouds, in which case burns may take a few minutes to appear; the pain is constant regardless.

引用
> 紫外线-A并非是感染者受影响的太阳光的唯一罪魁祸首;这是很痛苦,但这只是一个复杂谜团的一部分。麦卡利斯特博士(Dr. McAllister)留有一本专著,创造性地将其命名为《感染者光敏性的原因》,该书之于此话题简直是拨云见日,这可不是故意耍双关语。然而,它可不是那些没胆儿追求真科学的人会阅读的东西。
> 笑面大盗(The Smiling Bandit)
剧透 -   :
> UV-A isn’t the only culprit in sunlight and its effects on the Infected; it’s painful, but only a portion of a much more complex puzzle. Dr. McAllister has a monograph, creatively entitled Causes of Photosensitivity in the Infected, which sheds a great deal of light on the subject, no pun intended. It is not, however, for the scientifically faint-of-heart.
> The Smiling Bandit

暴露在木头下就会产生强烈的过敏反应,也就是说,仅仅把手放在一张没有上过漆的桃花心木桌子上就会立刻起泡。并且这些创伤并不总是像其他大多数伤口那样能再生。应用魔法治疗或药物处理的效果与对遭受类似伤口的泛人的效果相仿。一些感染病毒株也可以有自己独特的过敏原,如狼人与狼毒。有些吸血鬼会产生生理精神过敏,当暴露于神圣符文或大蒜中时会表现出痛苦和起泡,尽管对此没有任何科学支持——除了病毒能够使宿主的信念就此显现之外。奇怪的是,这给我们许多人带来了希望。如果病毒能够被戏耍从而使我们更加虚弱,那么它也许也能够以其他方式被适应,允许我们减少进食,回到太阳之下,甚至减轻我们和社会的负担。
剧透 -   :
Exposure to wood produces a violent allergic reaction, meaning just resting your hands on a nice unvarnished mahogany table can result in immediate blistering. And these kinds of reactions don’t always regenerate like most traumas will. Applied magical healing or medical treatment is equivalent to any similar wound in a metahuman. Some Infection strains can also have their own unique allergens, such as wolfsbane. Some vampires develop psychosomatic allergies, exhibiting pain and blistering when exposed to holy symbols or garlic, though there is no known scientific cause for it beyond the virus making the host’s belief manifest. In an odd way, that offers some hope for many of us. If the virus can be fooled into making us weaker, it can also perhaps be made to adapt in other ways, allowing us to feed less, return to the sun, and otherwise ease the burden placed on us and society.

我们吸血鬼的一个独特的缺陷,那就是我们缺乏浮力,当我们缺氧时,我们容易进入假死状态。我个人遭受了两次此种灾祸,夺走了我生命中的大部分时间。也许在受控场景中的吸血鬼会平静地进入长时间的休眠状态。对我来说,只有溺水的痛苦,几分钟徒劳地挣扎后,依然无济于事。
剧透 -   :
A unique handicap we vampires have is our lack of buoyancy and our tendency to enter suspended animation when denied oxygen. This has been my personal bane twice, robbing me of much of my life. Perhaps a vampire in a controlled scenario might go peacefully into a long slumber. For me, there was only the agony of drowning, after minutes of clawing for the surface, to no avail.

引用
> 你活多久了?说真的,你多大了?!
> 涡轮兔(Turbo Bunny)
剧透 -   :
> How much of your life? Seriously, how old are you?!
> Turbo Bunny

> 比你愿意相信的还要老。
> 雷德(Red)
剧透 -   :
> Slightly older than you’ll believe.
> Red

值得注意的是许多感染者不能食用普通食物和饮料。你会想这有没什么大不了的,但是等到你意识到有多少社会情境取决于共用一顿饭的时候你就会明白。你的手头上多了大把的时间,但将你和你所熟知的人们联系起来的纽带却又断裂了一条。如果有人强行拉着你和他们一起喝酒,你在自己反应过来之前就会吐出毒血。只有最稀有的吸血鬼克服了这个缺陷,我真的希望我能知道这是怎么做到的。即便如此,我还是被告知,那些家伙必须在一小时内把吃进去的全部吐掉。我们仅限于高蛋白液体饮食。这在洛杉矶健身俱乐部风靡一时。只是我们的食物来源并不被社会所接受。
剧透 -   :
Also of note is the inability of many Infected to consume ordinary food and beverages. You think that’s no big deal right now, but wait until you realize just how many social situations depend on sharing a meal. There is so much more time on your hands, and you lose one more connection, one more thing which you used to bond with the people you know. Someone insists you drink with them, and you are puking poisoned blood quicker than you will believe. Only the rarest vampires overcome this handicap, and I honestly wish I knew how. Even then, I’m told they have to throw it all back up within an hour. We are confined to a high-protein liquid diet. I’m told it’s all the rage in LA fitness clubs. Ours just happens to have a socially unacceptable source.

哦,在你丢石头之前,请记住,莱昂疗法,以及其他可能的基因疗法,都来源于HMHV的基因结构。你憎恶我,我却已经进入你的生活之中。
剧透 -   :
Oh, and before you cast any stones, just remember that Leónization treatments, and possibly other gene therapies, are derived from HMHVV genetic structures. What you abhor in me is already in your life. It might already be in you.

引用
> 每个超企都至少对HMHV序列做过一些研究,试图在避免其缺陷的情况下揭露其能力背后的秘密。许多感染衍生质粒媒介正在作为载体进行测试,以便更快地重新编码。
> 笑面大盗(The Smiling Bandit)
剧透 -   :
> Every mega has done at least some research into HMHVV sequences trying to uncover the secrets behind their abilities without their drawbacks. A number of Infectionderived plasmid vehicles are being tested as vectors for quicker recoding.
> The Smiling Bandit

> 他们没有作弊的时间了。
> 多名之人(Man-of-Many-Names)
剧透 -   :
> There is no cheating time.
> Man-of-Many-Names
« 上次编辑: 2018-12-06, 周四 09:24:39 由 失语 »

离线 失语

• Hero
« 回帖 #4 于: 2018-10-09, 周二 15:30:22 »
猎杀之人HUNTERS HUNTED

作为一个吸血鬼总是,总是学习着二元性。我们必须寻找支撑我们的东西,但反过来我们也会被猎杀。像“恐惧黑暗”(Fear The Dark)和162食尸鬼帮派的劫掠行动等恐怖组织的努力,很难为我们这些更喜欢融合的人带来正面宣传。我们必须为生存而做一些可怕之事,这意味着许多人失去了自己的亲人,没有什么比这个更能激发猎人的了。甚至吸血鬼马丁·德弗里斯(Martin de Vries)也在为这样的复仇而战,我不能责怪他。许多大都会都设立了感染者悬赏,对于那些一心想着要在他们身上进行痛苦实验而不会感到一丝内疚的人来说,为一个活体标本付出一些代价是值得的。
剧透 -   :
Being a vampire is always, always a study of duality. We must hunt for what sustains us, but we in turn are hunted. The efforts of terrorist groups like Fear the Dark and the predations of the 162 ghoul gangs hardly build positive publicity for those of us who would prefer integration. The horror of what we must do to survive means many are left with lost loved ones, and nothing inspires a hunter like that. Even the vampire Martin de Vries fights for such vengeance, and I can’t blame him. Many metroplexes offer bounties on Infected, and the price paid for a live specimen is worth it for those who won’t feel a twinge of guilt at the thought of the torturous experiments that will be performed on them.

引用
> 嗯……
> 发条(Clockwork)
剧透 -   :
> Hmmm...
> Clockwork

> 就这一次,我们达成了一致。
> 曲棍(Sticks)
剧透 -   :
> For once, we agree.
> Sticks

> 仍然在为芝加哥的事恼火吗?
> 雷德
剧透 -   :
> Still sore about Chicago?
> Red

> 你说的是哪次?
> 曲棍
剧透 -   :
> Which time?
> Sticks

> 我想如果我说对不起也于事无补,不是吗?
> 雷德
剧透 -   :
> I don’t suppose it would help if I said I was sorry, would it?
> Red

公司安保在对付我们身上也变得越发机敏。我们的雾气形态不能通过具有紫外线过滤器的通风系统或气密门。木屑喷雾和大功率UV-A照明既便宜又有效。结界为我们提供了另一个障碍,只是因为我们是双重性质,医学甚至热像扫描都可以迅速揭示我们的本性,致使了非常迅速,非常恶性的安全升级。
剧透 -   :
Corporate security has gotten wise to us, as well. Our mist form can’t pass through ventilation systems that have UV filters or through doors that are air-tight. Wood particle sprays and high-power UV-A lighting are cheap and efficient. Wards provide another obstacle for us since we’re dual-natured, and medical and even thermographic scans can reveal our nature quickly, resulting in a very quick, very vicious escalation of security.

但最不方便的还是日常事件。白天到处走动成了一件危险的事。邻居们会意识到一些奇怪的事情,这些事情会促使他们去报警,而当朋友们得知即使你只是在潜意识里把他们当成食物时,他们也很难坚持与你交友。和那些必须应付地精化的人不同,你们担忧我们做坏事,我们可能真的去做。我们只有用自己行动的力量来弥补或证实他们的仇恨。
剧透 -   :
But it’s the everyday events that can cause the most inconvenience. Getting around by day becomes a dangerous proposition. Neighbors become aware of peculiarities that inspire them to call the cops, and friends are hard to hold on to when they know you consider them, even subconsciously, as food. Unlike those who had to cope with goblinization, we are potentially as bad as we are feared to be. And we have only the strength of our deeds to compensate against, or confirm, their hate.
« 上次编辑: 2019-04-12, 周五 09:44:36 由 失语 »

离线 失语

• Hero
« 回帖 #5 于: 2018-10-09, 周二 15:32:37 »
让步GIVING IN

每个人都会受到诱惑。你撒谎,欺骗,把一个女人带回家,从不告诉你的女朋友,射爆那些吸引孩子(吸毒?)的帮派成员。这迟早会发生。我们都有自己的口味。对于被感染者来说,这种味道就是灵魂。
剧透 -   :
There comes a time when everyone falls to temptation. You lie, you cheat, you take a lady home and never tell your girlfriend or put one between the eyes of a ganger selling to kids. Sooner or later it happens. We all have our own flavors. For the Infected, that flavor is souls

有相当多的争论,是关于受感染者到底从哪里提取的营养。它很可能是我们灵魂中的魔法物质,或者仅仅是连接灵魂和身体的能量。它肯定与身体和精神的完整性状态有关。不管是什么,在某种程度上,所有被感染者都有这种同类相食的需求。世界上有很多东西告诉我们它是对的,包括它是多么的错误。
剧透 -   :
There is considerable debate about what precisely the Infected derive sustenance from. It might very well be the magical stuff of our souls, or simply the energy that connects soul to body. It’s definitely got a correlation with the holistic health of the body and spirit. Whatever it is, to one degree or another, all Infected have this cannibalistic requirement. And there is everything in the world telling us it is right for us, including how wrong it is.

想想。多少次禁果被证明是所有水果中最甜的?即使是最严重的罪行,也有其不同程度的错误。对于一个吸血鬼来说,没有什么罪恶比喝干每一点、每一滴,让躯壳复活这样自由而沉醉的痛饮更甜蜜、更自然的了。 尽管这个过程看起来很陌生,但你对它的动机很熟悉。你把一个女孩带回家,是不会想让她怀孕的,是吗?99.99%的情况下我都会说不。但你确实想要上她。所有让这件事感觉如此之美好的生化触发物都是用来帮助繁殖的。所以感染也一样。吸食尤其是到死之时,感觉是如此的美妙而疯狂。
剧透 -   :
Think about it. How many times has forbidden fruit proven to be the sweetest of all? There are degrees of wrong, even in the worst crimes of all. For a vampire, there is no crime so sweet and natural as drinking free and deep, taking every drop and shred, and then letting the husk rise. As alien as the process may seem, the motivations are familiar to you. You don’t want to take that girl home to get her pregnant, do you? 99.99 percent of the time I’d say not. But you do want to get it on. All the biochemical triggers that make it feel so good are the ones meant to aid in reproduction. So it is with Infected. Feeding, especially to a death, feels insanely, intensely good.

引用
> 我要补充的是,对于二者而言,它都是很容易上瘾的,这可不是闹着玩。许多流离失所的幸存者沉迷于这一经历,要么寻找另一个感染者来把事情办完,要么开始用新的成瘾来弥补。
> 屠妇(Butch)
剧透 -   :
> For both parties, I should add. It’s addictive, and it’s no joke. Many survivors of partial drains obsess over the experience, either seeking out another to finish what was started or beginning a new addiction to compensate.
> Butch

> 虽然需求不高,但是对于“嚼字节”(Bite-bytes)而言——即录下汲取过程的BTL,在正确的市场里售价颇高,我指的是某些特定的俱乐部和‘血肉银行’的那帮家伙。看来有人还真想鱼翅熊掌兼得啊。
> 2XL
剧透 -   :
> There isn’t a lot of call for them, but Bite-Bytes, BTLs of the sensation of being drained, fetch a high price in the right markets, namely certain club scenes and body-bank groupies. Guess some folks wanna have their cake and not get eaten, too.
> 2XL

> 奸杀片就是奸杀片。究竟是哪位‘影星’死掉,那不重要。
> 涡轮兔
剧透 -   :
> Snuff is snuff. Doesn’t matter which way the “star” goes down.
> Turbo Bunny

当然,你不会想要来自食物的竞争,所以很多屈服于饥饿的吸血鬼通常会通过斩首的方式,来确保受害者不会再站起来。通常来说,一把装满两颗子弹的近距离猎枪就足以摧毁他们的大脑,并消除任何进食的证据。对于许多觉醒吸血鬼来说,“胶化术”和“焚烧”(译注:暂未出现)这样的咒语也很管用。
剧透 -   :
Of course, you don’t want the competition for feeding, so many vampires who give in to their hunger usually end up making sure the victim won’t get back up, often via decapitation. A close-up shotgun full of double-ought buckshot is usually enough to destroy the brain and eliminate any evidence of feeding. For the many Awakened vampires, spells like Turn to Goo and Incinerate work well, too.

引用
> 大多数被感染者会避免将这些残骸卖给肉店,因为其中微量的感染元素都可能被发现并招致大规模的猎杀。话虽如此,我知道有好几个食尸鬼很乐意从吸血鬼手上夺取残骸。尽管吸血鬼可能已经将残骸吃干抹净,但其体内仍有足够的剩余能量供给食尸鬼。
> 屠妇
剧透 -   :
> Most Infected will avoid selling off the pieces to chop shops, since trace amounts of the infection can be spotted and lead to massive hunts. That being said, I’ve known a few ghouls who are happy to take the scraps off of a vampire’s hands. Seems that as much as a vampire might take, there’s still enough residual energy left in the body for a ghoul to make a meal of it.
> Butch

对我们来说,真正的伤害是关乎于心理之上。再次,同样的问题被引出——我们吃的是什么?浅尝即止不一定是最坏的命运,肯定不会比严重的毒品问题或廉价的赛博义肢来的更糟糕。但是当我们把所有的东西都拿走时会发生什么?我们怎么了?我们还有灵魂吗?他们将如何评价我们的所作所为?感染者如此坚持地维系着自己的生命,不足为奇。
剧透 -   :
For us, the real damage is psychological. Again, there is some question of just what it is we feed on. Taking some doesn’t have to be the worst fate, certainly no worse than a nasty drug problem or cheap cyberlimbs. But what happens when we take it all? What happens to us? Do we still have souls? And how will they be judged for what we’ve done? It’s no small wonder Infected cling to life so tenaciously.

引用
> 我们其他人也很把自己的命维系的很紧,伙计。
> 马鹿德博拉(Baka Dabora)
剧透 -   :
> The rest of us are holding on pretty tight, too, pal.
> Baka Dabora

> 世界被黑暗所笼罩,我们都被罪业或自傲所诅咒着。
> 多名之人(Man-of-Many-Names)
剧透 -   :
> The world is sufficiently shrouded in darkness that we are all damned, either by our sins or complacency.
> Man-of-Many-Names

> 一些富有的受感染者资助预言家妄图一窥未来,就像任何有钱的人一样。令人惊讶的是,又有多少人想知道来世。
> 刃岭(Arete)
剧透 -   :
> A number of wealthy Infected try to patronize seers to get a glimpse at their future, much like anyone with money to throw around. What’s surprising is how many want to know about the afterlife.
> Arete

每一个感染者都不得不怀疑:自己究竟是曾今的自己,还是只是病毒。屈服于本能,选择做你不得不做的事,即使只是一瞬间,也能消除疑虑。对一些人来说,这就足够了。另一些人则认为这种情况是合理的:如果他们可以避免使用任何特殊能力,就呆在自己的小角落里,只需要有两个人维持一年的生命来保证他的续行。我们中的一些人为了在荒地区生存下去一个月要杀很多人。如果有些人无论如何都将死去,为什么不利用他们的终结来推动永生呢?从这里开始,滑坡效应只会愈发严重。
剧透 -   :
Ultimately, every Infected has to wonder if they are who they were, or just the mask the virus uses to feed and propagate. Giving in to instinct, choosing to do what you are compelled to do, takes away doubt, if only for a moment. For some, that’s enough. Others justify the math of the situation: If they can avoid using any special abilities, just stay in their corner, only two people need to die a year to keep them going. Some of us kill more than that a month just to stay alive in the Barrens. If some people are going to die anyway, why not use their end to fuel immortality? It’s a very slippery slope from there.
« 上次编辑: 2018-12-06, 周四 09:27:33 由 失语 »

离线 失语

• Hero
« 回帖 #6 于: 2018-10-09, 周二 15:35:32 »
你们和我们IT’S YOU AND US

我已经在阴影中徘徊很久了。我见过很多团队来来去去,与疯子和圣人一起工作,还有一些其他被感染者。但我仍然在战斗。每当我的团队知道我是谁时,我必须重新赢得他们的信任。我想说这是不公平的,但事实并非如此。甚至是一根筋的感染者也存在其风险,虽然并非是你想想的那种。
剧透 -   :
I’ve run the shadows for a very long time. I’ve seen a lot of teams come and go, worked with psychos and saints … and a few other Infected. And I’ve fought all the same. Any time my team learns what I am, I have to earn their trust all over again. I’d like to say that’s unfair, but it isn’t. Even an Infected runner with his head screwed on straight is a risk, but not the way you think.

一般的狂奔者都知道在一个有太多铬的武士面前要小心。当武士变得过于金属化时,他们会脱离人类范围,忘记人类的本质,忘记如何与他们相处。他们开始接受工作,但他们没有任何正常的出路。这使得他们容易疯狂而杀人,狂怒而肆虐,或者在最好的情况下,仅仅是精神崩溃。这完全取决于个人——以及他们的产品的性质。武士变成了累赘,很可能会让会面告吹,让狂奔告吹,让整个团队的性命告吹。
剧透 -   :
The average runner knows to be cautious around a samurai with too much chrome. When sammies get too metallic, they become detached from people, forgetting what it was like to be human, how to relate to them. The job starts to get to them, but they don’t have any of the normal outlets. This makes them prone to killing sprees, berserker rages, or, in the best circumstances, just a nervous breakdown. It all depends on the individual—and the nature of their ’ware. The samurai becomes a liability, likely to blow the meet, blow the run, and blow the team away.

在某种程度上,被感染的狂奔者处于非常相似的位置。与金属不同的是,他们需要应对的是病毒突变。不同的表现形式带来了各自独特的挑战。然而,,这实际上对于被感染的人来说可能更加困难,因为一个受赛博控制的精神病通常会退出这个社会,而被感染者则开始以一种病态的方式渴望它。这是一种贪婪,血液变成了王国的货币。他们开始冷漠无情地对待泛人的生命,屈服于那种超自然的本能。他们玩弄约翰逊先生。在撤出行动中,他们会汲取安保人员,如果他珍惜小队的能力,甚至可能会将整个小队变成感染者。这些是你不愿与之共事的人。这些人就像其他失去专业素质的狂奔者一样,都值得你去猎杀。
剧透 -   :
An Infected runner is, in a way, in a very similar position. Instead of metal, they have the viral mutations to contend with. The different manifestations bring their own unique challenges. It can actually be harder for the Infected, though, because while a cybered-up psychotic usually withdraws from society, the Infected begin to crave it, in a psychopathic way. It’s a kind of greed, and blood becomes the coin of the realm. They turn cold and indifferent about metahuman lives, giving in to unnatural instincts. They toy with Mr. Johnson. They drain out security guards on the extraction, and probably turn the team if they can, having come to value their skills. These are the ones you don’t want to work with. These are the ones worth hunting down like any other runner who’s gone off the reservation.

引用
> 好的一面是,你知道他们是如何行动的,当你拿下他们时,你就有了收获的保证。如果你找不到一个人愿意因为你干掉了一个患有精神病的受感染狂奔者而奖励你,我只能说路走窄了。
> 曲棍(Sticks)
剧透 -   :
> The bright side is, you know how they operate, and there’s a guaranteed payday when you take them down. If you can’t find someone willing to reward you for taking out a psychotic Infected runner, you’re in the wrong line of work.
> Sticks

最糟糕的是那些最强大的感染者。这种病毒通常形成奖励机制为基础,通过增强能力来鼓励其宿主(杀死、吸食、繁殖)的行为。这更容易,因为肆意的吸血鬼会更频繁地进食。病毒非但没有被抑制或控制,反而被纵容和自由地进化。一个能控制一切的吸血鬼,一个你可以信赖地把背后交给他的吸血鬼,和一个完全受病毒奴役,看着你只能想到食物的吸血鬼比起来,根本不会有同样等级的超自然力量。这些野兽可以表现出你的狂奔伙伴所不能表现的任何力量。我听说过几乎所有你能从传说中回忆起的事情,从精神支配到动物变形。把事实从神话中分离出来变得越来越难。当然,任何吸血鬼都可以在一定的时间内学习到这些能力,但通往力量的最快途径就是卖掉你灵魂里剩下的东西。
剧透 -   :
The worst part is that these are the most powerful Infected. The virus often works on a reward system, encouraging behavior it wants in its host (kill, feed, breed) by boosting its power. This is easier because wanton vampires are going to feed more often. The virus, instead of being suppressed or harnessed, is indulged, and free to evolve. A vampire who is in control, one you can trust to watch your back, isn’t going to have the raw supernatural power of one who is so enthralled by the virus that it only sees food when it looks at you. These feral ones can manifest any number of powers your running mate can’t. I’ve heard of everything from mental domination to animal shifting, and almost anything else you can recall from legend. Separating out the fact from the myth gets harder all the time. Of course, any vampire can learn these abilities given time, but the quickest path to power means selling what’s left of your soul.

归根结底,所有的好处和危险暂且不论,感染者和其他人一样也是人,也要面对来自SURGE,殖装,或任何一个泛人可能面临的数百种挑战。在晚上结束的时候,我喜欢约朋友一起看一部好电影或一本书。我去上课,去俱乐部忙碌,我热切地等待着保护墙(Shield Wall)的重逢之旅。吸血鬼也可以成为英雄,人类也可以成为人类至上主义者。如果我能要求你们做任何事,那就是你们把我们当作与众不同的个体,来判断我们是谁,我们做什么——所有人都希望被如此评价。
剧透 -   :
In the final analysis, for all the benefits and dangers, an Infected is as much a person as anyone else, subject to the same stresses others might face from SURGE, cybernetics, or any of the hundreds of challenges facing every metahuman. At the end of the night, I like to crash with friends and a good movie or book. I take classes, I go club-hopping, and I eagerly await a Shield Wall reunion tour. Vampires can be heroes as surely as humans can be Humanis. If I can ask anything of you, it’s that you take us as individuals, and judge us for who we are and what we do—just as anyone else would wish to be judged.

就我而言,我很乐意请你喝一杯,并回答你的任何问题。而且我允诺我绝不会以小吸一口作为回报。
剧透 -   :
For my own part, I’ll be happy to buy you a drink and answer any question you have. And I promise I won’t ask for a sip in return.

引用
> 我可能会接受你的建议……
> Plan 9
剧透 -   :
> I might take you up on that ...
> Plan 9

> 我很惊讶你从来没有考虑过被感染。
> 以太(Ethernaut)
剧透 -   :
> I’m surprised you never considered Infection for yourself.
> Ethernaut

> 我试过了,依然过于局限。有太多东西让我们见无所见。
> Plan 9
剧透 -   :
> I did, but it’s too limiting. There’s far too much for us to see as it is.
> Plan 9

> 说真的,这听起来就像那本叫《达里恩-克罗斯》的书。
> /dev/grrl
剧透 -   :
> Seriously, this sounded like a Darrien Cross book.
> /dev/grrl

> 你找到初恋了,是吗?
> 九尾卡特(Kat o’ Nine Tales )
剧透 -   :
> Getting a crush, are we?
> Kat o’ Nine Tales

> 我似乎听说过你会在狂奔时穿校服?
> 雷德
剧透 -   :
> Didn’t I hear that you wear school uniforms on runs?
> Red

> 我想凯恩会有话要说……
> 涡轮兔
剧透 -   :
> I imagine Kane will have something to say about this ...
> Turbo Bunny

> 嗯。木浆子弹很便宜。
> 凯恩(Kane )
剧透 -   :
> Eh. Wood pulp bullets are cheap.
> Kane
« 上次编辑: 2019-07-05, 周五 13:04:52 由 失语 »